WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: galhalean.7380

galhalean.7380

Big point i think alot of people are missing is that the issue was identified on FRIDAY. Now on the weekend most offices are closed for the two days off they need. So they havent been able to look in to the issue untill yesterday and all of you crying for an update are being just a little obsurd. I would rather them work on the fix, living story s2, more updates, and more content than sitting down every 10 min telling us about the problem. At least give them the oppertunity to fix it while keeping a realistic expectation of work schedules.

in WvW

Posted by: Selwynn.2758

Selwynn.2758

The big point you are missing is that the rewards were to be available last tuesday. It is now seven days later. Not only is the issue not fixed, but there is also pathetically low communication and no ETA.

And your response to the frustration about the indefinite delay on content you hyped and sold for months and that people worked to get for nine weeks? Is to say the community is being unfair to the poor developers who have lives on weekends.

It used to be, than when a company effed up on its deliverables, there WERE NO LIVES until their eff up was solved and fixed. That’s how people developed loyalty to a company or brand. Every day a company failed its delivery promise to the customer was another update to the community describing EXACTLY where they were in the process of fixing it, even if the news wasn’t great (i.e. we’re struggling to identify the problem, here’s what we’ve been doing today….)

YOU broke it, YOU put your barbeque on hold and fix it. YOU gave us a delivery date. YOU ought provide daily summaries of the updates to fix your failed delivery promise.

If software gaming companies functioned more like this, I would be oh so much less upset about delays and problems. I cannot understand for the life of me why MMO developers cannot get this through their heads. I logged into the forums several days this week just to see if their was an update. I was much more willing to be patient if the issue was hard to fix. What has gotten me more and more furious is (a) the lack of communication and then (b) the smarmy, snide response to the outrage over lack of timely updates with the whole “sorry, but we have lives” tripe.

Selene Swiftfire, Elementalist
Selwynn Swiftblade, Guardian
E m p ë r i u m [EMP] ~ J a d e Q u a r r y

in WvW

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Imagine if doctors didn’t have to take call or work on weekends. You’re hemorrhaging blood? Sorry, I don’t work on Saturday.
And before someone says a video game issue isn’t the same as someone’s life on the line, I just want to drop my 5 cents. Regardless of what scenario, you should hold yourself to a higher standard and be accountable for your actions. If you can’t solve the problem in a timely manner, at least let others know so that they aren’t kept in the dark.

(edited by Yaptap.7945)

in WvW

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

The big point you are missing is that the rewards were to be available last tuesday. It is now seven days later. Not only is the issue not fixed, but there is also pathetically low communication and no ETA.

And your response to the frustration about the indefinite delay on content you hyped and sold for months and that people worked to get for nine weeks? Is to say the community is being unfair to the poor developers who have lives on weekends.

It used to be, than when a company effed up on its deliverables, there WERE NO LIVES until their eff up was solved and fixed. That’s how people developed loyalty to a company or brand. Every day a company failed its delivery promise to the customer was another update to the community describing EXACTLY where they were in the process of fixing it, even if the news wasn’t great (i.e. we’re struggling to identify the problem, here’s what we’ve been doing today….)

YOU broke it, YOU put your barbeque on hold and fix it. YOU gave us a delivery date. YOU ought provide daily summaries of the updates to fix your failed delivery promise.

If software gaming companies functioned more like this, I would be oh so much less upset about delays and problems. I cannot understand for the life of me why MMO developers cannot get this through their heads. I logged into the forums several days this week just to see if their was an update. I was much more willing to be patient if the issue was hard to fix. What has gotten me more and more furious is (a) the lack of communication and then (b) the smarmy, snide response to the outrage over lack of timely updates with the whole “sorry, but we have lives” tripe.

Well, lately the almighty Ubisoft released a garbage on PC called Watch Dogs and oh boy it literally doesn’t work even on a machine from Nasa or Pixar… And 2 weeks not even a single patch or acknowledgement from Ubisoft that they are working on it. Now I really would also like an ETA on this but anet is hardly the 1st company failing to deliver fixes timely. On another note, I believe they would gladly give an eta on when the rewards would be delivered if they knew, which is definitely worrisome…

(edited by Taisia.2813)

in WvW

galhalean.7380

Imagine if doctors didn’t have to take call or work on weekends. You’re hemorrhaging blood? Sorry, I don’t work on Saturday.
And before someone says a video game issue isn’t the same as someone’s life on the line, I just want to drop my 5 cents. Regardless of what scenario, you should hold yourself to a higher standard and be accountable for your actions. If you can’t solve the problem in a timely manner, at least let others know so that they aren’t kept in the dark.

Ok well where to start…. Well first, your comparing a small issue with one part of a game (as in, the game is still playable with the issue at hand) to a serious medical issue that puts someone life at risk? can you be more stupid? let me lay some knowledge on you. With medical issues there are lives at risk where some doctors are on call for emergencies cause you know… people can die which is why most doctors have varying off days of call ins… because, again people die….. with games people do die over the issue and seeing and no one can die from this issue they have the normal days off as any office staff would with weekends off.cause you know people dont die over it….(getting the hint yet). They are taking accountability for the mishap by actually trying to fix it. So if this is you feeble attempt at an argument feel free to try again lol casuse i love swatting the weak argument out. Because, if you say that you know the compairison is bad then why still make it?

(edited by galhalean.7380)

in WvW

galhalean.7380

Well, lately the almighty Ubisoft released a garbage on PC called Watch Dogs and oh boy it literally doesn’t work even on a machine from Nasa or Pixar… And 2 weeks not even a single patch or acknowledgement from Ubisoft that they are working on it. Now I really would also like an ETA on this but anet is hardly the 1st company failing to deliver fixes timely. On another note, I believe they would gladly give an eta on when the rewards would be delivered if they knew, which is definitely worrisome…

lol you handled this one alot how i would. dont see ubisoft losing sleep over watchdogs gamebreaking bugs for pc. Im sure we will get an update to this in a day or so.

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

So they havent been able to look in to the issue untill yesterday and all of you crying for an update are being just a little obsurd. I would rather them work on the fix, At least give them the oppertunity to fix it while keeping a realistic expectation of work schedules.

The season ended on 5/30, since then they have given 2 vague responses which is close to what happened in season 1. There’s still a lot of S1 players who didn’t get their rewards so I can understand why Anet’s definition of a “realistic expectation” has most players a little unhappy.

I’m cool however it’s going to turn out because Anet has made it plain their priorities lie in the gemstore and living stories and to expect different would be “unrealistic”.

Attachments:

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

in WvW

galhalean.7380

So they havent been able to look in to the issue untill yesterday and all of you crying for an update are being just a little obsurd. I would rather them work on the fix, At least give them the oppertunity to fix it while keeping a realistic expectation of work schedules.

The season ended on 5/30, since then they have given 2 vague responses which is close to what happened in season 1. There’s still a lot of S1 players who didn’t get their rewards so I can understand why Anet’s definition of a “realistic expectation” has most players a little unhappy.

I’m cool however it’s going to turn out because Anet has made it plain their priorities lie in the gemstore and living stories and to expect different would be “unrealistic”.

Good point, however, I do believe that they are working on a fix with some priority. I agree that they do run on the “show must go on” attitude seeing that S2 is on the horison and that they have alot going on. I think that this problem just popped up at a bad time. Things happen and in 2 weeks this thread will be gone with the wind and people will be ranting about something else im sure. At least i see a good point made every once in a while.
BTW love the img lol!

(edited by galhalean.7380)

in WvW

Posted by: Brega.6920

Brega.6920

Its great you have a lead on the issue for season 2 rewards, but how about season 1 rewards. I still have that shiny season 1 rewards key and no chest to use it on.

Tarnished Coast – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]

in WvW

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Hello fellow GW2 players,

I think it’s a good idea to not respond on this topic anymore unless you have some new information. Everyone doesn’t like waiting but posting mad posts will not change anything. Let’s just wait patiently and hope we’ll get what we have been waiting for.

~ Patience is a nice virtue

One of the noobs in GW2:P

PS. It would be nice if you could give us an estimation of a date. That way poeple won’t be checking this post everyday in hope something change. Mayby around the end of this week?

in WvW

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

If you all complain more they might just give up on it because its thankless work and even when they fix it they wont get a thank you, heck they would be lucky to get a “about time”. would you work on something you know you wouldnt get anything out of.

No, because that would not be professional at all. If they give up on it, it’s end of their game. They would’ve had gratitude if this had all been tested properly before-hand and worked as it should have when the Spring tournament ended.
I work in software development with a product suite of our own, so I’m very understanding of bugs. But if we do have a bug, we suck it up, we put everything aside and depending on severity we take the time required to fix it, regardless of other commitments. You’re out of business if you even consider it an option to ‘give up finding a bug’ or ‘give up fixing a bug’ just because you won’t get thanked for it. Pride in their product and just common work professionalism makes me trust Anet will sort out this bug as soon as possible.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in WvW

Posted by: Angelwood.7652

Angelwood.7652

I think it’s a good idea to not respond on this topic anymore unless you have some new information. Everyone doesn’t like waiting but posting mad posts will not change anything. Let’s just wait patiently and hope we’ll get what we have been waiting for.

Although I agree angry rants don’t take us anywhere, not posting here is a terrible idea. The moment this topic’s popularity fades, people will start to forget about it and the exact same thing will happen with these rewards as the season 1 rewards. Absolutely nothing.

I’ve refrained from posting on here so far, but now that patch tuesday has past without even a red post, I’m not expecting anything before july. That said we can’t let this fade into the background, or we won’t even see something come out of this next year.

“In due time, all will serve the Asura”
Jester – Hand of Blood [HoB]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Ok well where to start…. Well first, your comparing a small issue with one part of a game (as in, the game is still playable with the issue at hand) to a serious medical issue that puts someone life at risk? can you be more stupid? let me lay some knowledge on you. With medical issues there are lives at risk where some doctors are on call for emergencies cause you know… people can die which is why most doctors have varying off days of call ins… because, again people die….. with games people do die over the issue and seeing and no one can die from this issue they have the normal days off as any office staff would with weekends off.cause you know people dont die over it….(getting the hint yet). They are taking accountability for the mishap by actually trying to fix it. So if this is you feeble attempt at an argument feel free to try again lol casuse i love swatting the weak argument out. Because, if you say that you know the compairison is bad then why still make it?

Of course, I would expect someone to respond without having fully read my post and then make a direct attack about my intellect. Of course the comparison is exaggerated to make a point. I even note that a patient in critical condition is different from not receiving an in-game item due to a bug. But regardless, when fixing a problem, one should hold him/herself accountable and work hard to resolve the issue regardless how serious the issue is. And if the issue is something that isn’t that trivial (which in this game it seems to big a pretty tough issue if it’s already taken this long), then instead of just saying “we have a lead” or “we’re working on it,” they should just say the issue seems more complicated than we had thought instead of giving ambiguous updates that keep players waiting with bated breath. And just to make another medical analogy, since you seem to “enjoy them oh-so-much,” if someone had a diagnosis of a severe illness, would you as a doctor wait until you had already treated them half-way through before you told them what they had? Transparency is good for rapport regardless what profession you are in.

in WvW

Posted by: ThirdSketch.7139

ThirdSketch.7139

One of the noobs in GW2:P

PS. It would be nice if you could give us an estimation of a date. That way poeple won’t be checking this post everyday in hope something change. Mayby around the end of this week?

We need to keep this thread alive.

Because I WANT MY CHESTTTTT. Now, please.

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

Although I agree angry rants don’t take us anywhere, not posting here is a terrible idea. The moment this topic’s popularity fades, people will start to forget about it and the exact same thing will happen with these rewards as the season 1 rewards. Absolutely nothing.

I’ve refrained from posting on here so far, but now that patch tuesday has past without even a red post, I’m not expecting anything before july. That said we can’t let this fade into the background, or we won’t even see something come out of this next year.

If ever you mean.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Yep lets stop posting, let this thread get buried to page 20.

Obviously WvW gets too much loot and updates and bug fixes and updates and stuff, we’re just being greedy.

C’mon guys, let ANet focus on PvE and the Gem Store for once, we get too much here, PvE and the Gem Store have been neglected since launch.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

It’s not that I don’t understand but we had 9 very boring weeks doing this and now no reward. What were you doing while we were bored to tears and tearing out hair out. Revamping the Zepherites. Moving a few crystals. Or perhaps figuring out a system for us to pay to do a boss event in Crown Pavilion. At least the guy takes gold and not gems.

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Releasing the game to the customers that actually matter…China. We are officially now the beta testers for China.

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

The not working weekends for this comment while completely understandable was really ill advised. Having worked fifteen hours this last weekend to fix critical bugs for a software push, I actually understand their position on not working on this bug this weekend.

However, given the rather poor PR this bug is tied to, more regular updates should occur to indicate that they are on top of the issue even if the update is that no progress has been made today. It is an indicator of how on top of the issue Anet is.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

(edited by Sungtaro.6493)

in WvW

galhalean.7380

Of course, I would expect someone to respond without having fully read my post and then make a direct attack about my intellect. Of course the comparison is exaggerated to make a point. I even note that a patient in critical condition is different from not receiving an in-game item due to a bug. But regardless, when fixing a problem, one should hold him/herself accountable and work hard to resolve the issue regardless how serious the issue is. And if the issue is something that isn’t that trivial (which in this game it seems to big a pretty tough issue if it’s already taken this long), then instead of just saying “we have a lead” or “we’re working on it,” they should just say the issue seems more complicated than we had thought instead of giving ambiguous updates that keep players waiting with bated breath. And just to make another medical analogy, since you seem to “enjoy them oh-so-much,” if someone had a diagnosis of a severe illness, would you as a doctor wait until you had already treated them half-way through before you told them what they had? Transparency is good for rapport regardless what profession you are in.

Ok well lets start up again. Of course im going to bash a bad comparison becasue even you said its bad. Now, I’m not bashing your intellect directally, but give me something that doesnt say something in bad taste (like a bug in a video game vs a medical emergency that affects lives). So lets also drop some more knowledge on your second comparison. Ok so in you example you had a doctor wait to tell you a diagnosis untill you were half way through treatment, and you stated it was bad. Hate to tell you but this happens all the time (ex. exploritory surgery). so let me drop my own medical compairson. Lets take cancer (cause everyone thinks that its that serious issue to the game) when you are told the issue might be cancer (akin to friday’s red post about finding the issue) doesnt mean that you know what type, how fast it is, or how far along it is. Now if this happened odds are you are not going to a diagnosis untill you get the many TIME CONSUMING tests and treatments. Now this is the fun part, if a doctor said that it is an easy issue (like the post that people are BEGGING for) off of just the information from the 1st day and then something happens to that person the family of the victim would have their head (which is why they havent said much given the time they have had to work with the issue which is 2 days cause remember they are off weekends). Moreover, a doctor would not treat the condition unless they are 100% sure the treatment is appropriate for the condition even if they think they found the issue. BTW, exaggeration makes for horrible arguements.

in WvW

galhalean.7380

Yep lets stop posting, let this thread get buried to page 20.

Obviously WvW gets too much loot and updates and bug fixes and updates and stuff, we’re just being greedy.

C’mon guys, let ANet focus on PvE and the Gem Store for once, we get too much here, PvE and the Gem Store have been neglected since launch.

Not saying we need to stop posting. Just make more constructive posts. You know ones that dont treaten lives, make horrible compairsons or attack peoples state of mind.

in WvW

galhalean.7380

The not working weekends for this comment while completely understandable was really ill advised. Having worked fifteen hours this last weekend to fix critical bugs for a software push, I actually understand their position on not working on this bug this weekend.

However, given the rather poor PR this bug is tied to, more regular updates should occur to indicate that they are on top of the issue even if the update is that no progress has been made today. It is an indicator of how on top of the issue Anet is.

The only thing is, read half of the posts here and ask yourself " would I make a post about progress if things might be worse than anticipated when they are already calling for blood?" If your answer was yes then you are braver than me by a long shot. BTW great to see someone agrees that people need off days too! thank you for agreeing!

in WvW

Posted by: StudioDraven.6538

StudioDraven.6538

With the amount of vitriol poured out in posts in this thread I don’t blame the devs for not wanting to set foot in here and update us.
(not that they did that on Monday or anything like that, of course. Oh, wait, yes they did.)
I also don’t blame Mark at all for getting a little annoyed with the number of people who seem to expect ANet to work round the clock for them.
Seriously. It’s a reward chest, not the end of the world. If you’re so incredibly hung up about not being able to spend your shiny tickets yet, imagine how those of us who haven’t even gotten them AT ALL YET feel. I didn’t get mine, and yet I am prepared to wait until they’ve sorted the problem out.
Chill the hell out. It’s a GAME.

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Studio:

I disagree. I think Mark very much appreciates the passion of his community. I don’t expect him to actually have the team work 24/7 but I would expect that he is just fine with customers being frustrated. I suspect ANET is frustrated too. The problem is that the way they are communicating leads to apathy not understanding.

The key problem is practical. Every day the rewards are delayed, a little more of the luster of the Season and getting a reward dissipates. In short, many were very excited to finally win and get a chest. Now, frankly, how much of that excitement is gone already?

The big mistake is not saying that “really guys we are working on it and really have nothing yet to say” but missing the opportunity to keep the excitement levels up or not lose the head of steam. If it were me, I would have a cute post of a dolyak robbery leading to the merchants deciding that they need to reduce prices to regain trust.
For ONE season only, the cost of goods would be lowered. That would move the discussion back to the anticipation of what to buy versus the frustration and now apathy that currently exists.

Change the conversation back to the anticipation of the reward.

in WvW

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

With the amount of vitriol poured out in posts in this thread I don’t blame the devs for not wanting to set foot in here and update us.
(not that they did that on Monday or anything like that, of course. Oh, wait, yes they did.)
I also don’t blame Mark at all for getting a little annoyed with the number of people who seem to expect ANet to work round the clock for them.
Seriously. It’s a reward chest, not the end of the world. If you’re so incredibly hung up about not being able to spend your shiny tickets yet, imagine how those of us who haven’t even gotten them AT ALL YET feel. I didn’t get mine, and yet I am prepared to wait until they’ve sorted the problem out.
Chill the hell out. It’s a GAME.

Man I wish I didn’t have to set foot into meetings with clients who make outlandish demands. Oh wait I do because they put food on my table and petrol into my car.

Look around you, look at the way this game works. Nearly every update, nearly every addition to the game is somehow tied into it’s monetization. This is a business first and foremost, which is fine; but let’s not forget that.

If you treat your customers as clients and nothing more, then nurture their most basic instincts of greed and self gratification, expect them to come for blood when you don’t deliver.

in WvW

Posted by: Midael Soul Saver.9027

Midael Soul Saver.9027

I call for a vote of no confidence, in chancellor valorum !!

in WvW

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

If you treat your customers as clients and nothing more, then nurture their most basic instincts of greed and self gratification, expect them to come for blood when you don’t deliver.

I see your still on the subject of vanity and still believe its the main motivator for humanity. I met your challenge; you ignored it.

Nothing anet did deserves this thread. Not the way the game is designed nor the bug with the ticket rewards. In fact, its a small minority of the playerbase posting here. A very vocal one.

But I can’t help poking them!

=^_^=

Edit: I wonder what the statistics on WvW players vs PvE players looks like, how much overlap they have and the income derived from both these demographics. I wonder if that also corresponds to manpower dedicated to the mini-game. Would be fun to see.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Really glad that this happened. At least WvW is getting some attention now. Maybe the devs are even taking a look at other threads when they come to this subforum to take a look at this thread. Keep the good work, guys. I want to see 1k repply today.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Nothing anet did deserves this thread. .

- Megaservers: There was a 43 pages of thread about it with 0 positive feedback from ANet.
- Killing server identity with hammer
- World boss zergination or synchronization.
- Not fixing/punishing exploits/hacks in WvW (However, if you threat their economy, they will sent you hell in 5 seconds).
- Not fixing obvious reward problem from Season 1 until Season 2 + 9 weeks and counting.

For me, the only good thing they did in near past is nerfing Dredge fractal to oblivion.

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

I see your still on the subject of vanity and still believe its the main motivator for humanity. I met your challenge; you ignored it.

Nothing anet did deserves this thread. Not the way the game is designed nor the bug with the ticket rewards. In fact, its a small minority of the playerbase posting here. A very vocal one.

But I can’t help poking them!

=^_^=

Edit: I wonder what the statistics on WvW players vs PvE players looks like, how much overlap they have and the income derived from both these demographics. I wonder if that also corresponds to manpower dedicated to the mini-game. Would be fun to see.

The main motivator for humanity is survival at all costs, Darwin proved that. The main motivator for people playing this game, the main motivator Arena Net encourage for people playing this game is vanity and the acquisition of material goods. They’ve termed it horizontal progression.

Riot Games have tried to curb the poor behaviour of players in League of Legends through a tribunal system and by allowing you to vote team mates and opponents up for exemplary conduct, not player skill. It’s a rock in an ocean for sure but still a step in the right direction.

I maintain that one of the problems with Guild Wars 2 is its single minded focus on monetizing almost every aspect of itself. Threads full of bile and hatred like this one are a result of a community fed the idea that in order to advance in the game, they must tread upon one another or throw money at the company. As such, many players feel that they earned the WvW rewards through hard work, and that this hard work was going to pay off and elevate them above their peers.

If some items in the gem store, for example boosters or the reskinned infinite mining pick were bugged and disabled for some reason, I wonder what the response from the player base would be? I would put money down that the threads created would be far more light hearted in nature. Yet these aspects of the game run without a hitch or are fixed incredibly quickly. Your assertion that development time for a feature is correlated with how much money that feature can make for the game makes sense. The problem is that players know this, and it merely feeds their sense of injustice.

in WvW

Posted by: Shukudu.7164

Shukudu.7164

wow, already a week and the battle historian still not opened up……..

Northern Shiverpeaks-TFG
Vanduul Lvl 80 Ranger
Omekrius Lvl 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

2 days more & we’ll get another announcement about RL arena net developers.

in WvW

Xia.3485

The main motivator for people playing this game, the main motivator Arena Net encourage for people playing this game is vanity and the acquisition of material goods. They’ve termed it horizontal progression.

Guild Wars 2 is a theme park MMO. But unlike, say world of warcraft, the combat is far more engaging and interesting. Yes, Anet did add several forms of “progression” like ascended gear. But is it anet forcing the ideal of progression on the players or is it a portion of the player base asking for this progression? If its the later, can you claim everyone is playing for a sense of progression?

Think about why you play video games. Think about why you play any game for that matter. Did you play street hockey for a sense of progression and vanity among your peers? Or did you play it because it was fun? If you say the former over the later, your issues aren’t with Guild Wars 2 or any other game; they are deeply personal.

I can tell you with complete sincerity that I don’t play GW2 to impress other gamers with my “achievements”. I play it because its fun. I WvW because its really fun. AI can never replicate a human, nor his skill nor his mistakes. There is no greater joy than luring and punting someone off a cliff, or ninja-ing stonemist while its defenders figh off another realm. If you play for self validation or to further your sense of self worth.. that’s just sad.

I maintain that one of the problems with Guild Wars 2 is its single minded focus on monetizing almost every aspect of itself. Threads full of bile and hatred like this one are a result of a community fed the idea that in order to advance in the game, they must tread upon one another or throw money at the company. As such, many players feel that they earned the WvW rewards through hard work, and that this hard work was going to pay off and elevate them above their peers.

I agree to a certain extent. But even those playing to impress others through their achievements won’t feel compelled to buy gemstore armor skins. They’ll mostly grind for fractal weapon skins that truly are rare, or a legendary.

Where the gemstore is more detrimental imho is the gems to cash conversion. I have no issue with cash to gems however. It causes excess inflation which is detrimental to newer players (unless you believe their exchange rate jazz). Also, most of the interesting toys made for the game are in the form of gemstore purchases unfortunately.

Where I disagree the most with you is the final sentence you wrote. This thread is about impatience more than anything. Its childish. Much like grinding a video game to elevate yourself among your peers. That’s just plain sad. And even those looking for “elevation” are getting a skin everyone else who played WvW for more than a couple of weeks will be getting.

I see the weapon skin more like a memento. Its a key chain I bought on my vacation in the mists as a reminder for those fun fights we had. I can wait for the fix, I don’t need it now. But I would prefer it does get fixed.

If some items in the gem store, for example boosters or the reskinned infinite mining pick were bugged and disabled for some reason, I wonder what the response from the player base would be?

Howling bloody murder; as something they’ve paid for directly in cash isn’t working. A similar uproar would happen if the gemstore sold in game rewards, like say cultural T3 human armor unbound by race or legendaries.

Yet these aspects of the game run without a hitch or are fixed incredibly quickly. Your assertion that development time for a feature is correlated with how much money that feature can make for the game makes sense. The problem is that players know this, and it merely feeds their sense of injustice.

This is where the engineer in me wakes up. This issue with the ticket rewards (and chest that didn’t spawn) and the time it takes to fix it smells like an engineering and management issue… I wonder if the problem in the WvW team’s source code or if its elsewhere.. and if its elsewhere, do they have to schedule other personnel internally to help them find it? And is this other personnel free at the moment to work on it, or do they have a more pressing deadline? And then of course, if its scheduling, which work matters more for the game and company? So many questions.

But the answer I do have is they are working on it. And the observation I can make is the players posting in this thread are terribly impatient and childish. One even compared the game developers and the bug as a doctor and dying patient lol.

This thread is like those long family drives to Florida.

“Are we there yet?”

=^_^=

(edited by Xia.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

Win a Legendary Weapon in Tournament of Legends 2!??!?

And our reward chest? We are still waiting for our reward chest!, and you guys are concerned in organize a tournament with a legendary weapon as reward?!?

(edited by HugoCosta.6735)

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

One of the other problems is that it wasn’t 9 weeks or normal play – it was nine weeks of highly competitive stress. The nature of tournament WvW is that people go to great lengths to win and are placed against others who are doing the same.

We saw players who turned to cheating in order to win, spies, betrayal and vicious arguments among server commanders as they tried to get strategy functional. By the end of the nine weeks everyone was physically and mentally drained, having had both against the enemy and against their colleagues, many of whom had to be told in no uncertain terms that they had to shape up.

By the end of it, we were all glad it was over, that’s how unpleasant an experience it was becoming, due to its length and to its challenges. We sweated blood for this reward and I`d say we deserve it more than the e-sports glamour squads and their legendaries (especially as our reward is at best an exotic weapon with a vaguely nice skin).

If there is one thing WvW players are good at, its fighting despite being badly treated and that’s what you are seeing here. We wont be giving up this fight any time soon and if that means taking it to the forums, then so be it. Be thankful, considering that there are servers out there that use DDOS….this could get a whole lot more serious.

in WvW

Xia.3485

Be thankful, considering that there are servers out there that use DDOS….this could get a whole lot more serious.

Is that a threat? Is that wise?

“Grab some popcorn, this gonna be good!”

=^_^=

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Blame it on the F2P business model of the game. By going this route companies are not held to the same standards that a subscription game is. Customers can no longer withhold the money. If this issue were new I would grant them the benefit of doubt but it is the same issue with the season 1 rewards.

Years ago I had taken my car in for a complete tune-up before leaving on vacation and just after picking it up, two blocks away from the dealership it flooded and died. I got it going and 2 more blocks same thing, gasoline all over the engine, flooded. I called the dealership and told them I wanted it picked up and fixed immediately and was told that everyone had left for the weekend and it would not be done until Monday. Since I had paid via cheque I threatened to stop-payment if it was not done in two hours and 2 hours later I picked up my car at the dealership with no further issues.

There is no way a customer can do that with the current business model and is one of the reasons more companies are moving towards such a model. Since the revenue stream is based off of indirect sales through the gem store the onus is not on them to answer directly the customer’s concerns.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

In reply to Xia:

The gem store argument wasn’t meant to imply that items purchased from the store would be broken. Imagine Arena Net announcing a bunch of items would be available for purchase, but then were delayed, or part of the store going down for some period of time preventing the purchase of items from it.

Because of how aggressively the “micro” transactions in this game are marketed, players will fight tooth and nail for any small reward they are able to squeeze out of the system. In fact I’d wager that a fair number of players do see this as an issue of fighting The System. There was a lot of complaining going on during the WvW season, and players who became invested in the event were basically putting themselves through a meat grinder day in and day out, and now their reward is nowhere to be seen.

In order to prevent threads like this from occurring, there needs to be a bit more humanity injected into the way the game and Arena Net deal with its players. You are right to call Guild Wars 2 a theme park MMO, but those theme park features haven’t really been expanded upon in a meaningful sense for a while now, giving way instead to countless new ways to monetize the player’s experience through gem store items and RNG loot box keys.

There is a lot of bitterness among players that has spilled forth in this thread, and their reaction may seem overwhelming based upon the premise that they’re just missing some skins, but for some this may have been the spark that lit the whole house on fire.

in WvW

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Previous

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

Next

Hi all,

We understand the frustration over having to wait to receive your rewards, and we appreciate your patience. The issue was very complex, and we needed to take the appropriate amount of time to sort it all out, and ensure a proper solution. We anticipate being able to provide another update with an ETA for the fix, soon.

Thank you.

in WvW

nosleepdemon.1368

Be thankful, considering that there are servers out there that use DDOS….this could get a whole lot more serious.

=^_^=

Yeah I’d kill that reply real fast or the thread will get locked, I think we’re having an interesting discussion here and considering some of the… vomit in this thread it’s surprising that Arena Net have let it continue. Don’t give them a really, really good reason to remove it.

[edit]

Thanks Jessica, the update is most appreciated! And thank you for allowing the thread to remain alive, considering some of the content in here.

in WvW

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Guild Wars 2 is a theme park MMO. But unlike, say world of warcraft, the combat is far more engaging and interesting. Yes, Anet did add several forms of “progression” like ascended gear. But is it anet forcing the ideal of progression on the players or is it a portion of the player base asking for this progression? If its the later, can you claim everyone is playing for a sense of progression?

Think about why you play video games. Think about why you play any game for that matter. Did you play street hockey for a sense of progression and vanity among your peers? Or did you play it because it was fun? If you say the former over the later, your issues aren’t with Guild Wars 2 or any other game; they are deeply personal.

I can tell you with complete sincerity that I don’t play GW2 to impress other gamers with my “achievements”. I play it because its fun. I WvW because its really fun. AI can never replicate a human, nor his skill nor his mistakes. There is no greater joy than luring and punting someone off a cliff, or ninja-ing stonemist while its defenders figh off another realm. If you play for self validation or to further your sense of self worth.. that’s just sad.

You seem to missing something rather obvious: fun comes in flavors and some people find others flavor personally revolting. Pleasures/Desires/Fetishes/“Fun” is not mentally universal, and your definition of it isn’t applicable to every one else.

Achievement/progression, or working towards goals, is genuinely more fun for some people. Vanity skin combinations are genuinely fun for some people. The part of your brain that lights up when you push someone off Stonemist is the part of their brain that lights up when they get their WvW weapon-skin, get most points in a spvp match, find a “perfect” dye combination, reach dragon rank, hit 20k AP, get champion illusionist, or whatever.

They’re not playing for “validation or self worth” (ignoring the blatant arrogance required to make that statement), their fun is mentally different than yours.

Denying them the reward they work for (real or percieved, in this case pretty much perceived), denies them of actually having their version of fun and usually sets off angry waves. This is before you even begin on the opportunity cost of any other real world or in game thing they could have accomplished in the same time frame they played GW2.

Most of the complainers are probably those types of people.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Well I suppose an update telling us that we’ll get another update soon™ is better than no updates at all….’least I have a new instrument to play around with to keep me entertained.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

Hi all,

We understand the frustration over having to wait to receive your rewards, and we appreciate your patience. The issue was very complex, and we needed to take the appropriate amount of time to sort it all out, and ensure a proper solution. We anticipate being able to provide another update with an ETA for the fix, soon.

Thank you.

I dont want you to see me as a kitten but why am I pretty sure we won’t get nothing until next week ? Even though the issue seems fixed since you used past.

in WvW

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Hi all,

Thank you.

>no ™ after Soon.
>wants us to believe in her
>kek

in WvW

Posted by: Bo Van Swill.7619

Bo Van Swill.7619

Hi all,

Thank you.

Thanks for the update it’s all we really need till the fix goes live as long as we know you are fixing the problem then we are happy. Well when i say we i mean the people out there who know how hard it can be to fix stuff like this and are not so up our own kitten s that we think that kittening about a problem will fix it. Don’t let the people get you down.

Skuld Foefire Mesmer, Thord Blackthorn Guardian, Gele Fireheart Elementalist
Beezy Chan Engineer,Sarah Soulcaller Necromancer

in WvW

Xia.3485

In order to prevent threads like this from occurring, there needs to be a bit more humanity injected into the way the game and Arena Net deal with its players.

Do you have any suggestions in mind regarding this? They are reading the thread after all.

You are right to call Guild Wars 2 a theme park MMO, but those theme park features haven’t really been expanded upon in a meaningful sense for a while now, giving way instead to countless new ways to monetize the player’s experience through gem store items and RNG loot box keys.
There is a lot of bitterness among players that has spilled forth in this thread, and their reaction may seem overwhelming based upon the premise that they’re just missing some skins, but for some this may have been the spark that lit the whole house on fire.

So you’re implying that lack of new content (and possibly lack of permanent content) lead to this frustration?

One thing I really like about GW2 is the general lack of a gear treadmill. That being said, I can take 2-3 weeks worth of gaming time and poor it into another game.. then come back. No monthly fee means no guilt of “wasting money”. No gear treadmill means I can run whatever new content when it arrives.

Now if only that other game wasn’t such a colossal disappointment…

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

=^_^=

Its a statement of truth. In both seasons we have seen that some servers had players on them who turned to those means in order to get a win. Their only motivation is to get the prize at the end of the tournament and if they are prepared to use those things during play, there is every reason to suspect that they may well continue to do so.

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

We anticipate being able to provide another update with an ETA for the fix, soon.

Time to place some bets!

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Xia.3485

You seem to missing something rather obvious: fun comes in flavors (…) “Fun” is not mentally universal, and your definition of it isn’t applicable to every one else.

Achievement/progression, or working towards goals, is genuinely more fun for some people. Vanity skin combinations are genuinely fun for some people.

Much like why I’m in the fractals with friends. The challenge makes it fun. Or the reason why I made a legendary, because it was long and I wondered how long it would take.

But is it fun when you don’t enjoy the activity? Is the ends, the skin, justify the means?

They’re not playing for “validation or self worth” (ignoring the blatant arrogance required to make that statement), their fun is mentally different than yours.

Its actually a quote from someone else hahaha You may wish to read the entire conversation before jumping into the middle of it.

Denying them the reward they work for (real or percieved, in this case pretty much perceived), denies them of actually having their version of fun and usually sets off angry waves.

Yeah I’m not so sure about this. Are you saying some people played the WvW tournament, hated doing it, because they just wanted the skin? Is this your personal feeling or an assumption?

Edit:

Its a statement of truth. In both seasons we have seen that some servers had players on them who turned to those means in order to get a win. Their only motivation is to get the prize at the end of the tournament and if they are prepared to use those things during play, there is every reason to suspect that they may well continue to do so.

Interesting.. but can we say realms did this, or a minority of bad players? It is a criminal activity after all. Still, is it wise to remind anet of this in this thread at this time?

But as a side note, my realm’s TS server has been DOSed many times during WvW matchups, and this happened long before WvW seasons were a thing.

(edited by Xia.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Yes. To these people the ends justify the means. They’ll be bored or hate doing something for “x” amount of time if they get to have “y” prize forever. (They’re often the type of people who play korean RNG grinders forever).

Yeah I’m not so sure about this. Are you saying some people played the WvW tournament, hated doing it, because they just wanted the skin? Is this your personal feeling or an assumption?

Neither. I know people who played the WvW tourny meta only for achievement points. They AP chase. Once they finished everything they stopped going entirely.

I know other who only played it only for the skin once the pictures were released, or once the chat codes for the skins were datamined and linked in guild. They asked in guild how to specifically get the mistforged dagger/sword/bow/hammer/etc. Only then they started caring about the tournament, and once requirements were done they stopped going.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)