WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: Sneezly.4801

Sneezly.4801

I keep looking at this thread thinking, “Surely this time I will see that the ticket system works.” I have a lot of respect for the anet team because this is a great game, but it’s kind of depressing to keep checking this thread and getting bad news every time. Maybe they should just lock this thread, so when we see there is a new post on this it will mean the post is definitely from anet.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Why do a small minority of people keep defending repeated failure?

I haven’t actually posted in defense, but if I cared enough I certainly would simply for the fact that it seems 95% of the posts chastising Anet are making kittened arguments. My personal favorites are “they had 9 weeks to get this right” and “this wouldn’t be a problem if they were at least letting us know”. Well, unfortunately unforseen bugs are unforseen, and getting a play by play on bug fixing doesn’t do kitten.

Unforeseen? It’s a gigantic bleeding wound, how do you not see it? It’s called testing. Something every developer in the world does except for ones hired at ANet.

One test. And there would be no future roadblocks. Potholes are fine, roadblocks are not, they are much more easily seen before being reached.

This is also not the first time content has been released and the main part of it does not work. Had they tested the content ONCE, they could of fixed it BEFORE releasing it.

There was only one thing in this season that they had to work on and look at. One thing. The rewards. The rewards are the only new/changed thing. Everything else is the same old neglected WvW. They couldn’t even complete this one task correctly, and yes, in 9 entire weeks. It isn’t like they’re working on anything else in WvW.

It is sad how a company can repeat the EXACT SAME mistakes and not bother to learn from them, and then have people coming to their defence, even Allie came to defend the incompetence (I thought it was funny).

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

You are forgetting one major thing.

Did you guys know that pretty much 60% of all the money made by Anet are going for NCsoft? – there was an article about it, cant find it now.

Did you know what for the other 40% are going? – probably servers and pay checks(which are kittened by the way).

Did you know what the 60% are going for right now? – The new mega-awesome MMO full of “innovations” and stuff(hint: The name starts with Wild, and ends with Star).

Why would Anet congratulate a rival MMO for its arrival? – Orders from the publisher, NCsoft.

I dont blame Anet for this. I blame NCsoft for ruining Anet`s rating as the awesome company it is. I blame NCsoft for the lack of interest in its own published products. I blame NCsoft for probably getting the good programmers and putting them in their new “innovative” MMO and leaving Anet with interns.

That is what I think of this issue and probably of all the issues with this game.

Peace.

in WvW

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Wildkittenstar?

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Let’s face how ANet rolls:
Bug in trading post, hotfixed after 3h
Rox’ left shoe has wrong color fixed after 24h
Bugged wvw rewards, a week and counting

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Will you also look into the missing Limited Golden Dolyak Trophy Finishers as well? I did get my reward chest with the 500 tournament tokens for SFR’s 1st place in EU Gold League, but I never got the finisher.

And I would quite like it.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, because all issues are as easy to resolve.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

Did you guys know that pretty much 60% of all the money made by Anet are going for NCsoft? – there was an article about it, cant find it now.

Did you know what for the other 40% are going? – probably servers and pay checks(which are kittened by the way).

Did you know what the 60% are going for right now? – The new mega-awesome MMO full of “innovations” and stuff(hint: The name starts with Wild, and ends with Star).

Why would Anet congratulate a rival MMO for its arrival? – Orders from the publisher, NCsoft.

I dont blame Anet for this. I blame NCsoft for ruining Anet`s rating as the awesome company it is. I blame NCsoft for the lack of interest in its own published products. I blame NCsoft for probably getting the good programmers and putting them in their new “innovative” MMO and leaving Anet with interns.

That is what I think of this issue and probably of all the issues with this game.

Peace.

I wouldn’t play that wow clone even if i get paid lol, it looks like a game made for 14 years old kids, seriously just look at it, i think even the devs themselves wanted to be exactly like wow i mean are you kidding me? If wow comes out today it would probably be considered as below average mmo, and they still release a wow clone, i really hope it fails hard so Ncsoft turn their attention to gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Still no placement achievement, still no rewards. Not going to kitten and moan about it, just saying. I’ll get it whenever I get it, or not. The skins were kinda cool, but not enough to lose my cool.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Thundersnow.6528

Thundersnow.6528

Peace.

I wouldn’t play that wow clone even if i get paid lol, it looks like a game made for 14 years old kids, seriously just look at it, i think even the devs themselves wanted to be exactly like wow i mean are you kidding me? If wow comes out today it would probably be considered as below average mmo, and they still release a wow clone, i really hope it fails hard so Ncsoft turn their attention to gw2.

You can’t possibly determine whether or not a game is worth playing just by looking at it. They went with a more cartoony atmosphere because it’s timeless and never ages (generally). It’s also important to note that most of the developers came from Blizzard. Hence, why it is similar to WoW… Cutting up other games because you’re kitten over reward delays won’t make things any better.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Anet has had ample time to sort this out but they where forced to devote all their time to the China release.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Empyre.2531

Yeah, because all issues are as easy to resolve.

That’s why they still didn’t fix season 1 rewards, it’s about priorities and assigning ressources, which obviouslilly wvw doesn’t get enough. Funny enough the same reward system (get achievement X, get mail Y) works in pve, think about it.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

So many arm chair developers in this thread. Unexpected events happen and sometimes you have to just deal. Its one thing to be disappointed but some of you are going way over board with your anger over some kitten skins.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That’s why they still didn’t fix season 1 rewards, it’s about priorities and assigning ressources, which obviouslilly wvw doesn’t get enough. Funny enough the same reward system (get achievement X, get mail Y) works in pve, think about it.

If you really think it is the same system in PvE as here you are rather ignorant.

In PvE it is simply “complete this achievement and get this reward as soon as it is done”.
In WvW it is “complete this achievement, and then at the end you get a reward based on your placement”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: ZalonWolf.3291

ZalonWolf.3291

People really need to calm down. I know everyone is upset/frustrated with how things are handled but ruffling out feathers, picking on other peoples views, and attacking the very people trying to solve the problem isn’t going to help anyone.

You guys might feel better yelling at Anet for not testing out this system as much as they should have, but it kind of comes with the territory we are playing a game that is being -constantly- built without anyone -needing- to pay a single cent more for the content. You should really be happy for that fact, still frustrated? Yeah, you deserve to be. No one said, You can’t be. There is no need to act out, as negativity will beget negativity.

Anet -did- make a good call by not giving access to the full rewards – as much as I, too would be happier with my weapons. By not giving us access to the weapons it protects further mistakes from happening and gives them a chance to see if other bugs are in the code that might cause problems. It sucks I know… but I’d rather wait for them to get it right, then get it fast. Go for quality and what not.

So far I think the Dev team has done a good job with all the work and effort they put into GW2. Unfortunately, it is -these- events that actually further the problems. All of us who got our chests want things to speed up so we can get on with our own stuff which will leave the other players that didn’t get their chest -jaded- in the dust. Telling Anet to speed up and continue to develop while they look into a known problem will only cause more and then there will be more complaints over that.

Where I work we have a single big rule to live by. “Right first time.” … and if it isn’t… make it right so that everything else can be “Right first time.” The more QQ, the more aggression, the more frustration, the more problems will be caused… So I just ask you guys to relax a little, chill out, enjoy the game. Your stuff will be here soon enough and it will very likely work 100% fine after they get over whatever hurdle this is.

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

People really need to calm down. I know everyone is upset/frustrated with how things are handled but ruffling out feathers, picking on other peoples views, and attacking the very people trying to solve the problem isn’t going to help anyone.

You guys might feel better yelling at Anet for not testing out this system as much as they should have, but it kind of comes with the territory we are playing a game that is being -constantly- built without anyone -needing- to pay a single cent more for the content. You should really be happy for that fact, still frustrated? Yeah, you deserve to be. No one said, You can’t be. There is no need to act out, as negativity will beget negativity.

Anet -did- make a good call by not giving access to the full rewards – as much as I, too would be happier with my weapons. By not giving us access to the weapons it protects further mistakes from happening and gives them a chance to see if other bugs are in the code that might cause problems. It sucks I know… but I’d rather wait for them to get it right, then get it fast. Go for quality and what not.

So far I think the Dev team has done a good job with all the work and effort they put into GW2. Unfortunately, it is -these- events that actually further the problems. All of us who got our chests want things to speed up so we can get on with our own stuff which will leave the other players that didn’t get their chest -jaded- in the dust. Telling Anet to speed up and continue to develop while they look into a known problem will only cause more and then there will be more complaints over that.

Where I work we have a single big rule to live by. “Right first time.” … and if it isn’t… make it right so that everything else can be “Right first time.” The more QQ, the more aggression, the more frustration, the more problems will be caused… So I just ask you guys to relax a little, chill out, enjoy the game. Your stuff will be here soon enough and it will very likely work 100% fine after they get over whatever hurdle this is.

Wrong. You fall into the category of the few that still defend Anet for no good reason. Not needing to pay a cent? Sure, but the fact is they make a fortune off of the gem store, they would probably make less if they just charged everyone for a subscription. Also, the dev team made good changes? This is the WvW forum last time I checked, they haven’t done anything to make WvW a better/new/exciting experience. WvW has practically been the EXACT same since day 1.

THE TRUTH

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

There’s 12 pages of 2 sides here:
1. The players who are passionately upset they did not get what was promised for their in game efforts.
2. The players who relish in the act of trolling people who are already upset and like to quote their fellow trolls who come up with silly terms like “kitten” to get more of a reaction from them.

Yes a lot of people got the short stick, Yes it’s not the first time it’s happened nor will it be the last time.

“Never surprised but always amazed” is a good mantra for dealing with MMO development teams.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

seriously, 11 pages of QQ. And people wonder why Anet staff hardly bother coming to the forums anymore

idk, if I was Anet I’d totally read it just for the QQ. some of this kitten is hilarious! I get where ppl are coming from, I haven’t received my end-tourney rewards either… but the prizes aren’t really even all that great if you think about it. Places 1-5 are all going to have mistforged weapons, so it’s not like you’re getting anything unique. Not to mention nothing actually enhances your game either. It’s all just fluff. I’d rather get something useful like unique armor/weapon crafting options. Instead we’re given the choice of a weapon skin, minis, etc. I guess infusions or ascended accessories are nice… but it seems like a waste of tickets compared to the alternatives of receiving them.

Exactly. I won’t lose sleep over fluff being delayed.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Actually, i’m a dev myself

An ANet dev on his personal account?

Why are you so insistent to forum lerk and call people out at every opportunity.

You enthusiasm seems disproportionate to your intentions otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Actually, i’m a dev myself

An ANet dev on his personal account?

Why are you so insistent to forum lerk and call people out at every opportunity.

You enthusiasm seems disproportionate to your intentions otherwise.

He didn’t say he was an Anet dev…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

FearedbytheGods.8617

Oh your good, that’s why i used a ‘?’ which determines a question was being asked. Not that I realistically expect an answer because if you’d read further you’d know i was curious about the disproportionate responses.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Not sure what the original thread is even about anymore with all these arguments flying around.

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Not sure what the original thread is even about anymore with all these arguments flying around.

Scroll up about 5 or so posts ago I summed it up for ya

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Thanks for keeping us updated Mark, Jessica & team!

I think we’re all excited to get our delicious rewards from the tournament, but I’m sure you guys are busting your butts to figure the bug out so no worries.

Don’t stress about all the complaining. GW2 is a fantastic game and a lot of people take it for granted and don’t realize that humans are behind it.

Much love!

Please don’t act like they’re doing us favors. They’re just doing their jobs and all that they can, which honestly isn’t much because at the end of the day we still have nothing tangible in terms of actual new WvW content and rewards.

they should have been doing their jobs before and actually made sure it WORKED before even releasing it. Aren’t people still waiting for rewards from season ONE. I wouldn’t hold my breathe it could take MONTHS for them to sort this out, if they even do.

Makes you have to wonder what sort of testing goes into these Patches. Every patch something gets broken. For such a big patch you would have thought they would have actually made sure it WORKED first.

in WvW

Posted by: Grofin.3548

Grofin.3548

Thanks for keeping us updated Mark, Jessica & team!

I think we’re all excited to get our delicious rewards from the tournament, but I’m sure you guys are busting your butts to figure the bug out so no worries.

Don’t stress about all the complaining. GW2 is a fantastic game and a lot of people take it for granted and don’t realize that humans are behind it.

Much love!

Please don’t act like they’re doing us favors. They’re just doing their jobs and all that they can, which honestly isn’t much because at the end of the day we still have nothing tangible in terms of actual new WvW content and rewards.

they should have been doing their jobs before and actually made sure it WORKED before even releasing it. Aren’t people still waiting for rewards from season ONE. I wouldn’t hold my breathe it could take MONTHS for them to sort this out, if they even do.

Makes you have to wonder what sort of testing goes into these Patches. Every patch something gets broken. For such a big patch you would have thought they would have actually made sure it WORKED first.

Sooo “ArmageddonAsh” does this affect your real life, like are you gonna die tommorow because you aint getting some pixels in your pixel character?
(You are way overeacting is what I mean. (And that you sound like a player from the league of legends community))

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Oh your good, that’s why i used a ‘?’ which determines a question was being asked. Not that I realistically expect an answer because if you’d read further you’d know i was curious about the disproportionate responses.

I did look once I saw your quote and said “What”

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

We’re rolling into the second week of borked rewards for a large number of players, which is not the first time. Other ventures would see such a massive screwup as a much-needed wake-up call that maybe there is a systematic flaw underneath it.
Do you, ANet?

in WvW

Posted by: Alasteir.7031

Alasteir.7031

Great, so no need to expect our rewards before next week, i dunno how you guys can do such bad work, rly you are disapointing, you found the “bug” 2 days ago but still nothing ? i’m really impressed by your wvw teams & your communication.

I don’t think this message will make them work any faster.

You are right but licking their kitten won’t work either tbh ..

These knights defending GW2 teams are “kids” if I may. Well they can’t have job. Else they’d know what deadline is and they’d understand why people are complaining (and why they CAN complain actually).

But it’s okay, let’s wait another week, let’s be kind and let them take all the time they want. I would like some kind of secretly developped new MMO to kill GW2 but there is no opponent yet .

Still they should care, people won’t wait for ever, i’m pretty sure this game will die if the 3rd year goes on same direction than the 2nde one (that was just copy pasta from 1st year ..).

Let’s wait and see, gogo GW2 team you are doing such amazing job keep on going, do not listen haters, take you time.

First off, you do not set their deadlines, their bosses do. Second off, this is reality; rarely are the people being complained at, are doing bad things intentionally. This shows a fundamental misunderstanding of human nature, and human intellect. You, me, Anet, and every human being on the planet are NOT gods; therefore the possibility of making mistakes will always remain. They made a mistake, they apologized, they said they found the issue, and are fixing it, and people like you STILL complain.

I’ll be blunt; there is no scientific evidence that complaining somehow magically makes programmers identify the problem and fix them faster. Do you sincerely believe an Anet employee is just sitting there reading the vitriol on the forums and just reading it verbatim to the programmers? But who knows, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe yelling at a mechanic while he’s doing his job because he doesn’t meet my personal standards will make him work better!

Lady Novae – 80 Human Ele – Blackgate

in WvW

Alasteir.7031

We’re rolling into the second week of borked rewards for a large number of players, which is not the first time. Other ventures would see such a massive screwup as a much-needed wake-up call that maybe there is a systematic flaw underneath it.
Do you, ANet?

No, this is normal. Play any Blizzard game and you’ll frequently run into issues. Play any online game and you’ll find problems like this. Remember Diablo III release? Remember how every WoW patch would almost have an entire day of extended maintenance because Blizzard, after years of these issues, still run into “unforeseen cirumstances”?

Relax, a massive screwup is a recall that leads to deaths of innocent people, or a loss of consumer’s credit card information. This is normal. You know why? Because they’re human; one simple oversight in a simple line of code, in which fat finger syndrome accidentally causes a typo can have huge consequences in game bug wise. But given, giving a video game company some slack requires some understanding of programming and game design and just how difficult it can be. Even the most skilled expert will make mistakes in their field of expertise. You’re naive if you think otherwise, and add the fact that Anet’s intentions, and day to day activities are not known to the public nor demonstrable, any claims suggesting intentional faults are disingenuous.

(edited by Alasteir.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

It is a simple video game….We walked on the moon in 1969..we have rovers on mars…the time for excuses is over. All any company wants if your DOLLARS…so keep licking the boot straps.

in WvW

Posted by: GLoria Saldez.4285

GLoria Saldez.4285

So I read a few pages of arguments on this and I’m on the border between the devs screwing up and protecting them cause they are still doing there job. What a bunch of you flamers seem to lack is the knowledge that NONE of us actually work at anet so no one and I mean no one even me can tell me them what they need to do. If some of us do have skills with game programming and have worked on major games such as guild wars and wow then maybe they can suggest something to the developers.
Useless flanking of anet isn’t going to make any kind of difference in resolving the issue just gonna keep causing problems for people who enjoy the game. I do enjoy the game very much in ever aspect even tho I’m more of a pve player but I still get into wvw and rock some face when I do. I’ve been a loyal fan of the guild wars saga since guild wars one dropped. There are always gonna be problems with computers it’s just simple fact of life. Until computers can think for themselves and fix the problems on their own HUMANS will keep making mistakes cause humans are imperfect.
So keep the useless flamming going and just the devs do their job which is to make new content for the game we all enjoy very much in spite of the shortcomings

in WvW

Alasteir.7031

It is a simple video game….We walked on the moon in 1969..we have rovers on mars…the time for excuses is over. All any company wants if your DOLLARS…so keep licking the boot straps.

Since money is the agreed upon standard of value, they have to consider you to be special to care about anything else. If Anet cared about money only they would have made gw2 require a subfee, and would not allow in game currency transfer. Also, Scientists and Engineers working for NASA =/= programmers and artists working for a video game company. Two entirely different sets of skills. There is no we; we did not walk on the moon, we do not have rovers on mars. The very small minority of people who worked on those projects did; ‘we’ do nothing but steal credit when we did nothing. (I say this because it’s a personal pet peeve when people say ‘we’ on a major project in which was done by far less than 1% of the human population)

(edited by Alasteir.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

12 pages of comments about how the developers are doing their job. Do people expect the developers NOT to do their job? I am really puzzled by some of these nonsense comments about devs doing their job or not?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

No, this is normal. Play any Blizzard game and you’ll frequently run into issues. Play any online game and you’ll find problems like this. Remember Diablo III release? Remember how every WoW patch would almost have an entire day of extended maintenance because Blizzard, after years of these issues, still run into “unforeseen cirumstances”?

That makes neither the Diablo III launch nor this screwup any less so.
You’re acting as if such problems are the standard rather than the exception. I know anecdotally of dozens of games who launched either beta or proper without any such hiccups. You’re falsely conflating “normality” (as perceived by you) with “justifiability”. But I could tell you a million things that are “normal” but still not “justifiable”.
Additionally the 1-2+ week existence of a simple rewards bug is much harder to defend than difficulties in launching an ambitious, vast, decade-long project.

Besides, who says we need to fix this exact bug? Just let it be dormant if it can’t be fixed timely and instead include a kind of override, like making all previous rewards/tickets junk and issue a second new set to (hopefully) all players.

Relax, a massive screwup is a recall that leads to deaths of innocent people, or a loss of consumer’s credit card information.

Once again an unneeded diversion from the central point and once again you already embed the counterpoint to your own argument within it. With your juxtaposing the loss of human life vs. loss of credit card information you already admit defeat towards your little “wit”. All is, of course, relative. This is a massive screwup in MMO space.

This is normal. You know why? Because they’re human; one simple oversight in a simple line of code, in which fat finger syndrome accidentally causes a typo can have huge consequences in game bug wise. But given, giving a video game company some slack requires some understanding of programming and game design and just how difficult it can be. Even the most skilled expert will make mistakes in their field of expertise. You’re naive if you think otherwise, and add the fact that Anet’s intentions, and day to day activities are not known to the public nor demonstrable, any claims suggesting intentional faults are disingenuous.

I simply do not reckon such a bug takes more than a week to fix, not when they exactly do not have such major and long-lasting screwups often in their “Living World” programme. By far the fastest-fixed bugs, however, receives the Gemstore. Do you still try to rationalize the oh-so-delicate nature of these Gemstore bugs that requires even the “most skilled experts” to fix more than a week?
That is, I wouldn’t understand it if they actually deployed a number of devs to it rather than one single intern.
Why is it (compared from a bug:update ratio) WvW that suffers the most? This is a rhetorical question because the clear answer is lack of dedication and a lack of test servers.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

in WvW

Posted by: BootyWarrior.5243

BootyWarrior.5243

I ensure you all, if you all just quit playing the game for a month, they would fix the bug.

in WvW

Posted by: batai.3124

batai.3124

Dear anet! How long must we wait?
The tournament end is long time, and and promise june 3 starting mist forged weapons.
But today june 8!! I waiting for long time!

in WvW

Empyre.2531

If you really think it is the same system in PvE as here you are rather ignorant.

In PvE it is simply “complete this achievement and get this reward as soon as it is done”.
In WvW it is “complete this achievement, and then at the end you get a reward based on your placement”.

The “placement” is an achievement as well unlocked the day seasons ended, so it’s exactly the same as any pve event achievement. Except that ANet screwed it up and not assigning enough ressources to fix it, unlike pve.

[RG]

in WvW

FearedbytheGods.8617

I did look once I saw your quote and said “What”

Out loud or did you mouth the word?

in WvW

Posted by: Zdain.2169

Zdain.2169

There’s 12 pages of 2 sides here:
1. The players who are passionately upset they did not get what was promised for their in game efforts.
2. The players who relish in the act of trolling people who are already upset and like to quote their fellow trolls who come up with silly terms like “kitten” to get more of a reaction from them.

You forgot:
3. Players who want a lollipop commander icon!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

But they could have done it the same way as PvE given the the issues with S1 rewards still unsolved.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

I ensure you all, if you all just quit playing the game for a month, they would fix the bug.

4 days and counting since i have not logged in, and i am not planing until the rewards are fixed so i am doing my part.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=White+Knight

- Definition 4

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

in WvW

Posted by: Joxer.4807

Joxer.4807

Just send again the reward to everyone like you did for birthday gift bug and activate the reward seller again. Not so difficult.
I agree on the statement that if this was a PvE living story bug would be fixed in a few hours.

Aurin Striate – Engineer – Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I stopped playing for now. It’s not about that I am playing for rewards only. But then I see the super cool new items in Gem Store, and message saying how much gems will cost you to buy one gold and 50 gold, I want to throw up.

If this was Gem Store bug, it would be fixed in few hours.

No, the last money Anet saw from me was the money I paid for the game at start.

in WvW

Posted by: Evo Sapien.5298

Evo Sapien.5298

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=White+Knight

- Definition 4

While I agree anet screwed up, didn’t test correctly and this is the latest in a long string of could-have-been-avoided-would-have-been-avoided-if-it-was-the-gemstore issues statements like this are silly. Not everyone who disagrees with your opinions is a white knight or a troll. Grow up out of your black and white world where everyone is wrong but you and learn to accept different points of view. Otherwise your not hear to debate or argue, just to force your views on others and get attention. This goes for people on Both sides of this fence.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I wonder how long this will take to resolve. On Piken Square hardly any of us are logging on for the current matchup, mainly because the one thing we worked for – we didn’t get, so nobody sees the point of it at the moment.

I am stuck in my radiant outfit with a big red sword and its painful having to run around without the mistforge weapon I adjusted my wardrobe for.

There is no sense of closure to the season and it is making play an unpleasant experience.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Undo the changes from the megaserver, admit it was a bad idea, rescind it, use beta testers far more and move on from an idea that kills WvW and destroys continuity of the storyline and ruins “server” affiliations across the board.

Why would you want that, exactly? I’ve had nothing but positive experiences from the megaserver. I can actually find people in PvE maps to play with or chat with whenever I play now, as opposed to before the update where people on my server were only in specific maps and seemed to vanish entirely after 11:00pm.

Much better than trying to guest to a different server and hope that people would be active in the areas I was heading to.

Your positive PvE experience being “better” is far more important than anyone else in the game – according to you, all WvW’ers are totally irrelevant.

Gotcha.

The megaserver system will be saving them oodles of money, like, LOTS. Owning and operating server farms is a massive expense which they have managed to cut down on with a system that scales dynamically with the number of players present, and does a reasonable job (or at least has behaviour built in which can be tuned) at keeping players from the same server playing together.

It’s basically a win-win situation, why would they roll that back for:

a) One person’s opinion that it somehow hurts server communities
b) An issue that is entirely unrelated to it

You think a server farm is “expensive”?

You have no idea how little it can cost and does in many areas.

This isn’t about server farms, this is about each server being given an identity:

United States

Canada

Brazil

Russia

England

Australia

New Zealand

Japan

China

Ok, rename or conglomerate one and ask everyone to be happy about a generic existence without connection to community or country.

Doesn’t work – not yet – not even in fantasy – we need connections and loyalties.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I stopped playing for now. It’s not about that I am playing for rewards only. But then I see the super cool new items in Gem Store, and message saying how much gems will cost you to buy one gold and 50 gold, I want to throw up.

I am waiting for the next game that understands players – hasn’t happened since SWG and (Vanilla) WoW (some players are still going “back” to WoW…).

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I am waiting for the next game that understands players – hasn’t happened since SWG and (Vanilla) WoW (some players are still going “back” to WoW…).

I played one f2p mmo game that I sadly cannot name here, left it with my guild to play GW2 together, because we didn’t like how the developers (and publisher) cared about players. I can tell you it is much worse in GW2 and I am the last one playing…

Wasted potential of this game, ruined by lazy developers that only care about Gem Store and while it’s going well, they won’t give a kitten about community.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

ETA for CDI?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet