ANet may give it to you.
ANet may give it to you.
Oh, I’m very confident that the Renegade will be viable in the content you’d like to use it for. From a support perspective it will arguably be more viable than the Firebrand – a lot of complaints in the guardian forum are about how hard it is to hit allies with the mantra cones and about the long cooldowns for the tome support skills. By contrast I’m not too worried about hitting allies with the Renegade spirits – 360 radius is bigger than the biggest shade the Scourge can put out and necros seem confident that they can keep allies in that area. The big problem (unless they fix it) is that the spirits are vulnerable to damage/CC, but if you learn the mechanics of each fight you should be able to find windows to safely cast these skills.
Kalla with shortbow makes no sense. It should have been Pyre. Its ok tho, devs dont care about their own lore.
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.
Why in the world would you ever use Basilisk Venom as your elite skill in PvE instead of something like Dagger Storm or Thieves Guild?
Breakbars are a thing in some fights. If every thief in Vinetooth Prime zergs slotted BV and knew when to use it, the world would be a better place.
Come raid with us!
Can I come on my Rev??!!
I kid…I kid…..but great thing you guys doing!!
Many of us play condi rev on most of the tier 1 bosses and some others just fine I wouldn’t mind a rev on my team with exception of Deimos/matt/samarog as break is low, and as it’s still pre-PoF, no range option.
Well you are needed as hand kiter on deimos Joxer a permanent revenant spot almost =)
Trying to taxi 10 mins before is too late if you’re trying to join Triple Trouble, esp during peak times. It takes at least 10 minutes to set up the groups and make the explainations. Once you actually see what’s involved in this boss, you’ll realize why it takes so long. Trying looking on LFG 30 minutes beforehand. Some groups also need Teamspeak, so have that installed beforehand.
If you’re in NA, look up TTS. If you’re in EU, GW2 Community. Triple trouble get run fairly regularly.
I feel like all the Renegade hate. The look flipping epic. AND I feel people who say it is unfinished just went into a map and pressed 1. I feel it is one of the most finished of the classes.
Found the revenant player.
No you didn’t. Revenant players actually see how badly and unfinished their class is designed.
i have 9 revenants , the energy cost doesn’t bother me that much and so far the dps seems fine to me , yet some skills dont seem to work like SB skill 3 and the 33 % crit chance on full endurance goes on cooldown if u get fury . but im pretty sold on renegade
They definately will… it’ll be in 2 weeks time and the event will be called launch day
The nice thing about Rev is you can spec for many different types of niches. Fantastic mobility, direct dmg with built in evades, great healing tank, passive support, decent condi mitigation for yourself and group, decent condi build that really isnt that far off from other classes and decent CC. Yes you might not be BEST at anyone thing but you can certainly fill in the gaps. You can also be very self reliant for when you are solo. I have always found Herald to be great in PUG runs. When PoF hits, renegade is going to be nice for damage and/or tanking but at the loss of boon share…but if people dont need rev for boon share in organized groups than this could help renegade hit some new heights. At least I was pleasantly surprised by the dmg power renegade was delivering.
I’m no sheep. I’m bring my own, totally unique, patent pending brand of negativity. But aside from that, there are two things you need to consider.
#1: Logic exists. It allows us to extrapolate from information that we have into areas that we don’t have. We can make predictions, and back up those predictions with evidence.
#2: We voice our concerns for a reason. We want PoF to be good. We want the elite specs to be good. But because so many of them currently aren’t good, we complain about it in a public forum with the intent to get them changed to be better.
The short of it is, never trust anyone who tells you not to think.
As currently is, yes.
But it is my guess after some modifies it will become a must.
It was just theorycraft.
Renegade: Wholly impotent and impractical.
Could become a main raid class with some fixes.
Look! Review scores! Assigning numerical values to subjective feelings without any sort of unifying scale or objective measure! I can get in on this:
Because that’s what I rolled on the d10.
#1: The power spec is really capable of carrying pugs. It spreads good boons easily, has simple rotations, and the amount of blocks and self sustains the rev has lets it take a lot of damage even in glass cannon gear.
#2: The condi build, while not the top of the DPS crowd, is more than serviceable in that role. The main advantage to the condi build is ease of use. It easily hits in AoEs, it has a relatively low ramp up time, it worries very little about enemies leaving damage fields, and it also stacks a lot of might.
#3: Ventari has one of the longest lasting and easiest to use projectile reflects in the game.
#4: The healing spec is the only reliable source of alacrity outside of chronomancer.
so lets see what other class mechanism has to regen
warrior adrenaline – A total of 30 strikes will yield maximum adrenaline and 8 traits which grant adrenaline
necro LF – gain LF with weapons skills. few traits which grant LF.
thief initiatives – 2 traits which increase it by 25% and another 2 which regen it also. utilities which regen it faster.
ranger astral force – regain it when heal or doing dmg so weapon skills and traits.
revenant – on weapon swap puts your nrg on 50% no matter if you had more or less than 50%. no trait which help to regain it faster. no weapon which help to regain is faster. off combat it restore to 50% (like warrior but not like thieves and necros and rangers)
so few suggestions:
1. nrg should have the same mechanism on gw1. it starts with 100%. on swap you start with 50% . off combat stay at 100%.
2. each trait line gives 1 minor trait which restore nrg faster. salvation when heal, corruption when taking condi dmg, devastation when leach life, invocation when have fury, retribution when have stability
3. weapon skills restore nrg . like AA on the last chain. or by the number of foes you hit.
Let me be the millionth person to say that “Renegade needs a fix.” Not a buff, a fix. This is the most minimal, plausible fix I could think of. I doubt any of this will be seen by anyone that needs to see it, but hey why not?
Kalla’s Fervor is the closest thing Renegade has to a mechanic so I’m using this as the driving focus of the rework. It’s currently generated by critically hitting and flanking, which isn’t total crap so we’ll use that as the guide. I would like a UI for it like Malice has though. Potentially add a 1s ICD to accommodate it’s new use.
These abilities are… bad. Just scaling them up wouldn’t be fun to play and they’d still cost precious energy and basically work as more utility skills right now.
- – instead of costing energy they cost Fervor instead. They would cost all your Fervor and be stronger the more Fervor you spend.
- – Give boons and remove conditions based off of each stack spent. (Boons are 1 might (8s), fury(1s) and vigor(1s) per stack to match Renegade’s theme. Complete rework)
- – Fires 5 plus 1 per stack spent. Larger hit box on the missles.
- – Give AoE 0.5s of stealth for each stack spent, to all nearby allies. (This is to make it an Ash legion skill and make it more of an Ambush Commander feel)
Shortbow is a condition weapon, so critical hits aren’t a guaranteed way to get Fervor. Flanking should be the focus of the weapon and considering that it’s already quite weak, adding effects on flank won’t make the weapon overpowered.
- – No longer AoE. Flanking now also inflicts 0.5s of burning.
- – Each shot that flanks gives a bonus stack of fervor.
- – Now also blocks attacks in front. Flanking shots now also chill (to scale with the corruption line). Increase cooldown by 4s to compensate for the massive buff.
- – No change (can’t flank with AoE and its the one good skill)
- – Flanking strikes also inflict 1s of immobilization.
- – All summons have increased health in PvE. Remove cooldowns, except for heal skill.
- – No longer is a stunbreaker. Cannot be controlled.
- – Increased bleed duration. Cannot be controlled.
- – Now breaks stuns. Increased damage.
- – Chills instead of cripples. Increased damage. Now is target based casting (It cannot be AoE cast, you won’t be able to control it)
- – Cannot be controlled or killed. Why can it die if its upkeep?
Minimal change, except for GM traits. GM traits now effect Fervor and one of the orders.
- – Chills instead of cripples.
- - Now also procs on flanking hits on enemies below 50% health.
- – Kalla skills also have 10 stacks of stability and give Fervor on cast.
- – Also increases duration of Kalla’s Fervor, number of stacks increased to 10. (Lasting Legacy made baseline)
- – Kalla’s Fervor increases critical hit chance by 2%. Orders From Above has increased duration by 20%.
- – Kalla’s Fervor now also increases condition duration by 2%. Citadel Bombardment fires more shots per Fervor spent (1 more).
- – Kalla’s Fervor reduces condition damage by 2%. Heroic Command now gives retaliation and heals based off conditions removed.
TL;DR -Dear Anet – https://youtu.be/jl17CYYSzUw?t=1m34s
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz
you know there is a simple fix to SB . make it hybrid dmg. dont change the condi dmg rather buff the direct dmg of it to get hybrid dmg so rev can attack from range and be bit more effective.
nevertheless reduce nrg on utilities and f skills
Posted by: Arkantos.7460
As for Renegade:
- shortbow skills 2, 3 ,4 and 5: have an extremely long casttime, and it needs to long to appear after casted. People still just walk out of range/position and I miss most of my skills, also Citadel bombardment.
- shortbow skill 2: miss all the time the target is moving …
- shortbow skill 3: where are the bolts?, some of them seem to be lost in the mists ( I had times where only 3 appears or less ) also this skill should be faster or act like True shot or deflecting shot (dragonhunter) with ground targeting (or not)
- shortbow skill 4: toooo slow and I think I miss like ele using dragontooth and I cant target behind me … lol … every class can do that …. except Renegade
- shortbow skill 5: needs some ground direction targeting also like True shot or deflecting shot
The utilities are all to slow, to long to cast, to late at appearing on battlefield, ppl simply walk away. And the MOST DISTURBING THING…. no valid path
And plz change the stunbreaker to another utility, I dont want to use the low heal skill (wich you can buff with a bigger amount of heal and which is so much important ) for a stunbreaker , maybe the healskill should not ground targeting , instead just appear right next to the player.
I think if you made some little changes we will get a better feeling for the new legend and it would be much more welcome for rev players.
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous
Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493
Sorry, I can’t put my feedback in sub 100 words. I just finished doing a writeup on the Renegade, and it is pushing 18,000 character. The short version is, everything is bad and not worth taking.
I also listed my complaints and anxieties with the Mirage Traits. My complaint is I have no idea how to play the class, and also a lot of things are bad. You can find that post here.
Posted by: Virl.7536
Hey, so I’ve tested the Renegade, yes, Revenant is my main and it’s my darling, but nonetheless, I feel like it’s getting neglected, not by me though! Kalla? Okay, sure, why not? I mean, cool a charr, I could… think of another charr RENEGADE, who started it all and the charrs… own everything they are today to him, that’s literally what his statue says, but nope… we get Scorchrazor. Anyway! Less about the lore, more about the skills.
I literally have nothing against the shortbow, maybe except for energy consumption, but otherwise, the condi damage, which I am focusing on is pleasant, I enjoyed the shortbow, the shortbow seems like a nice additon and after a short ‘’Ugh… shortbow’’ I actually convinced myself to it! So yes, I like the shortbow.
Utility Skills… and heal and elite, I am no PvP player, but I tried to use the heal skill, which I felt like didn’t heal me at all, I just have been killed despite the skill being active, again, might be my lack of skill, but… really it should let me live at least these 10 seconds longer, right? It didn’t.
Now… let’s go a lot of years back, remember that one class that wore a blindfold? Yeah, me too. That’s what todays Rev is based on (The ritualist, just in case!) and I feel like the Renegade perfectly represents that, the spirits of long gone heroes fighting at your side, protecting you and then disappearing into the mists… there’s just one tiny little problem, they don’t exactly fight at your side, nor do they protect you, in fact, you have to protect them, or they’re going to die and be useless, doesn’t really sound all that good, right? I feel like they should… be able to follow you, be an actual warband (even though my Rev is a human) that fights at your side. I am going to mention a lot of ideas that have been probably mentioned… but maybe one more post will and then another will make this happen. Keep the charrs, keep their fighting animation, but let them follow you, like the minions follow the necromancer! Or, please, give the revenant another FX skill that will let us move them to our location, imagine and that’s the example I gave to someone, if you are downed, I am currently running Kalla, I need to help you, but I myself am at low health and my other Legend heal is recharging, now I need to get you up, I just put up the ’’totem’’ charr in one place, I move to you, I die, because I can’t get my health up and that’s how you trigger a whole raid party. Okay, maybe not, but you know, it’s just an example. Or another one! A dungeon, we won’t get anymore, but they’re still in the game, we get through a bunch of enemies, I just put up all of the immovable charrs, somewhere else, and they still have a lot of time to stay up! Do I just waste them? Basically what I am saying is, can you give us a way to let the warband members move around with us, just like https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Summon_Spirits ? It would be great, you wouldn’t have to rework the animations… too much and we would get more fun out of them and let’s be honest, that’s what Renegade is all about… a half ripped off ritualist and suddenly they have alacrity too! Because chronomancer can’t stay unique with their fancy speed up, right? Noo! So why not give us something of our own? Like for example that summon skills I’ve linked. I don’t want to go too far with my fantasy here, but just this little thing, to make the Renegade feel less boring! To make us feel like we are actually fighting amongst the warband members, not a bunch of pawns standing there and dancing around or give us a few utility skills that don’t belong to any of the legends that we can use with any of them, obviously with energy use, which I do personally enjoy, unless it drains me on start, which I try to avoid, but you know how it is at times. Just… please don’t make the Rev a cheap rip off of a class it could actually become in the future, please Anet! I think the Ritualist worked great with their spirits and since the Revenant resembles it so much, why not using something that you’ve successfully done once and can do it again?
Anyway, it would be great to see it, dreaming about it will have to be enough I guess.
Renegade has proven to be… not as interesting, but I hope it can be fixed, for the sake of my favourite class in Guild Wars 2!
Posted by: Kidel.2057
Recap for all Revenant suggestions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Let-s-fix-Renegade-and-Revenant-recap/first#post6734197
I hope it helps
It looks good imo.
Sb is bad in single target, but has great condi cleave.
Kalla utils give solid team dps, and mace axe is of course still great even paired with kalla bleed traits.
So now rev has ranged options, huge dps and group dps boosts, and good survival.
Bullet points, self explanatory. This is a recap from all the other threads.
- remove energy cost from f-skills. They mess up rotations on core legends.
- remove cd from utility skills. Obviously.
- stun break moved from healing to a random utility.
- make summons less vulnerable and give them stability.
- ranged greatsword instead of shortbow (same skills but Kalla had a greatsword).
- underwater Glint
- Shield-4 now also heals 1 condition
- Some healing is moved from Shield-4 to Shield-5
- underwater Jalis
- restore the skills that were nerfed because of PvP, just make a PvP and a PvE version. Most of the huge nerfs to sword and shield were made because of PvP.
- Cleansing Channel buffed to 2 conditions.
- Trait on Mallyx that transfers 1 condition if Resistance is ripped. Should scale to more conditions depending on the duration that was ripped.
- Remove quickness from Impossible Odds and just make it like in GW1, with a flat multiplier (so from 10% to 20% but no quickness). Otherwise Jalis will always deal more damage than Shiro in all party content even if Shiro is supposed to be the dps legend.
Optional and likely never going to happen:
- remove or lower energy cost on weapon skills so that we don’t rely on AA.
Please help this thread reach the Devs.
(edited by Kidel.2057)
The leader board sounds a lot like fractal leaderboards. For those unaware, Fractal leaderboards were promised 3 times (the latest being with HOT) and every time Anet realized it just doesn’t work (they should be permanently canceled now). Fractal leaderboards were a huge investment sink with no payoff. I’d rather not see resources wasted like that again.
My stance: Keep making raids, make the first boss of every raid easy, make the middle boss medium difficulty, make the final boss hard. Keep doing challenge motes if it is not too resource heavy. I.e. If it takes more resources to make a challenge mote than to make an entire encounter of equal difficulty, make the new encounter instead. Considering the art assets are reused, I would assume this is not the case.
If Anet wants to devote more resources towards the casual players, I believe dungeons and fractals would have a better return on investment. However, I do support a quick dirty easy mode for story purposes. Divide all boss stats by 10, remove all rewards, and still allow 10 players to complete the raid. Disable all achievements too ofc.
Guild Wars 2 Raid Training [NA Only] is a Discord server that has been operating since June to help provide a space for players who are new to raiding to have a jumping off point, and for experienced players to be able to share their knowledge and find other equally experienced players.
We believe we fill a spot somewhere between the toxic LFG “link 150+ LI Exp Only” mess and those who are already lucky enough to have a static group to run with. Instead, we aim to provide a network for players of varying degrees of experience to form up and become more experienced in a low stress learning environment. We are Guild-Agnostic, meaning anyone from anywhere can join us without having to formally join a guild and “rep” with us, so feel free to bring your guild members along for the ride.
Size and Scope: The TL:DR
We currently have over 600 members in our discord server and expect to grow larger in the near future. We conduct our runs every day of the week, often running two or three runs simultaneously if the demand is there and trainers are available. While we would love to expand faster, we are in need of more trainers to accommodate our growing population. Read more on this down below if you are interested!
Tier System – Experienced Based Progression
We use a “Tier” structure to track learning progress with each member that is based off of “your personal experience with each boss encounter.” We have a spreadsheet that we use to help players and Trainers keep track of each player’s “progress” in learning each individual boss. Each Raid boss or encounter has been sorted into one of four difficulty Tiers based on our interpretations of the mechanical difficulties and damage thresholds required to successfully complete the fight consistently. Once a player finds “all of the bosses within a Tier” as trivial, easy, and can clear them with very high consistency, we graduate that player into that Tier so that anyone who is looking for someone to bring to a raid knows that this person “knows their stuff” for any boss “At or Below” their Tier and so trainers will know that this person likely would benefit from training runs for bosses “One Tier Above” their current Tier.
The Two Types of Runs
Training Run – This is a run in which we expect to spend time explaining mechanics and helping players learn the encounter. The goal is not to achieve a quick, easy kill, but rather to get a first kill or at least learn the mechanics! Training Runs are generally conducted on content that is “One Tier Above your Tier” to give players a chance to learn the bosses and encounters that are “a bit” harder than what they are already proficient at killing each week. These can be conducted every day of the week, but generally occur more frequently from Wednesday to Sunday.
Clear Run – This is a run in which we expect to spend minimal time sorting out mechanic roles, and we expect everyone present to “know what to do” and to clear the fight in as few pulls as realistically possible. Clear Runs require that you be “In or Above This Tier” to participate. This is especially useful for players simply looking to get their quick kills completed early during the week to save more time to progress on Training Runs for bosses they are less experienced with. These can be conducted every day of the week, but generally occur on Monday reset and Tuesday to complete anything remaining from Monday reset.
With all of the above said, the primary issue we have run into is that the ratio of Trainers to Trainees is out of sync: we have a lot of people interested in joining our runs, but this has exceeded our current supply of available trainers!
We have been hesitant about posting on the official forums and Reddit due to our relative lack of trainers, so for the time being we would prefer to hold off on linking the Discord directly (also, hello potential Reddit Hug-of-Death!) until we can build up our roster of trainers so that we can provide training to a larger community.
- Remove current F1. Instead, F1 invokes Jalis; F2 Mallyx, F3 Shiro, and F4 Ventari. Yep, just like an elementalist’s element buttons. By default, pressing the F-key of the legend you’re already channelling does nothing.
- With an elite spec equipped, F5 invokes your elite legend. While you’re channelling that legend, the other F-keys flip to the old F-key bindings (F2 facet of nature for Glint, F2-F4 citadel orders for Kalla). F1 flips them back to the standard legend buttons so you can choose which to swap to. F5 becomes an ability that returns you to the last legend you used.
- Since I just buffed the kitten out of revenants by giving them access to every legend at once, remove weapon swap.
- Tune for balance by altering weapon swap cooldown time (or lack thereof) and how much energy is charged when you swap.
Low (relatively) dev effort! Restores the original class design (no weapon swap)! Fixes our lack of access to condition cleanses! And… well, let’s be honest, it’s probably a terrible, stupid idea, like many ideas that seem elegant when first conceived turn out to be. Never mind, eh?
how can the devs not realize rev needs a freaking overhaul. But we keep getting gimmicks to help us compete but it never works. I’m sick of spamming one op skill because that’s all that’s worth using. I’m sick of using upkeep skills just to spam my auto attack. I’m sick of bland traits. I’m sick of legends being so one dimensional to the point where there’s no synergy between them. And I’m about to be real sick of spamming wells/spirits that die and spamming my auto attack yet again.