dzeRnumbrd.6129

1. Ranger.
2. Thief.
3. Necro.

Vote for the Profession Collaborative Development

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shadowfall.6543

Shadowfall.6543

1) Ranger (and my primary is an elementalist).
2) Elementalist (In particular the staff needs a lot of love).
3) Necromancer (particularly in PvE)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

1) Thieves – Too many game play elements go against the stated design goals of visually cued combat, and while they are very squishy (and thus deserving), their high damage avoidance creates frustrating game play. Moreover, because they fulfill the “spike damage” role so incredibly well, it prevents other professions from performing such a job. Lastly, their group support is not the worst, but it could be improved.
2) Necromancers – Their mechanics clash terribly, as you cannot siphon in DS. Moreover, they cannot trap people, they cannot chase enemies, have terrible support, and there is a distinct lack of sustain for a class with no mobility – all things that go specifically against the stated design philosophy. Lastly, the profession is currently too easily pigeonholed as several utilities are below par, and multiple trait lines have poor synergy, mediocre traits and bad organization.
3) Rangers – Because so much of their damage is tied to an AI counterpart, the character itself is left rather lacking. Things like Signet and Shouts only being useful for the pet (for the most part) prevent the class from having substantial build diversity. Moreover, several weapons seem to have become lost in regards to their purpose, and many of the pets simply outshine the others by a mile.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mingus Dew.8620

Mingus Dew.8620

1. Necromancer
2. Engineer
3. Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ViviTribal.6310

ViviTribal.6310

1. Elementalist is in need of love and balancing
2. Necro could need some sort of happy place too
3. Mesmer, i think it would be good to have a look at them too

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

1. Mesmer
2. Ele
3. Thief (just for their traps and related traits, dont really care about them otherwise)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AlphaK.9486

AlphaK.9486

1. Ranger
2. Engineer
3. Elementalist

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

1. Ranger (mainly keeping ALL pets alive and viable, rather than having to used ranged just to keep them out of the fight, and also fixing the Sword 1 issues).

2. Mesmer (better survivability and better balance between burst and sustained damage).

3. Necro (condition spec is great against a bunch of weak enemies but worthless about world bosses and other situations that are either immune to conditions or max out stacks, they need to do full condition damage to objects and there needs to be some solution to stacks).

The important thing to remember though is that this is NOT about sPvP balance, that is not important, it is about making sure that the class is balanced against all variety of PvE content.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

1.) Engineer
2.) Ranger
3.) Necro

(#3 was a close call between Ele or Necro, TBQH)

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

My top three would have to be:

1. Ranger
  2. Elementalist
  3. Engineer

I took the liberty and counted ALL votes till svracak.9671. You guys are just too fast for me.
As it stands the results are now:
Elementalist: 230 Votes (22.66%)
Necromancer: 162 Votes (15.96%)
Engineer: 132 Votes (13.00%)
Guardian: 13 Votes (1.28%)
Warrior: 29 Votes (2.86%)
Thief: 74 Votes (7.29%)
Ranger: 299 Votes (29.46%)
Mesmer: 76 Votes (7.49%)
Total: 1015 Votes (100%)

If there is any interest I could give numbers on how often a profession was ranked 1. etc.

This is awesome. I was going to do this at the end, but it’s cool to keep an updated list like this. Thanks for taking the time to do that! How often a profession is ranked 1 would also be super awesome.

I’d just like to point out that some people may have posted multiple times at this point, so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to double/triple check the votes to make sure they’re accurate.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

1. Elementalist
2. Engineer
3. Mesmer

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tempus.9540

Tempus.9540

PvE:
1:Necromancer
2:Ranger
3:Engineer

Most unbalanced: Warrior (Highest Armour, Health, Best Healing Skill, Highest DPS, Some of the Best Utilities for Dungeons) It’s fine to be good, but share the wealth, guys. Even if it makes life easy when I’m playing my Warrior.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

1. Ranger

I think no other class needs help atm. All classes but Ranger seems to do fine everywhere. Ranger is the “free kill” for me in WvW. I don’t like to see any class as free kill…

2. Mesmer, This class is pretty strong but falls below every other than ranger. It can do well in PvP but needs certain build called “PU mesmer”. Other builds should be viable too. I don’t think Mesmer needs as urgent help as Ranger does.

3. Every non mentioned classes. Every single one of them got tiny needs for fixes but it’s nothing serious or something that needs to be fixed fast.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

(edited by Nuorus.8415)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mindx.9610

Mindx.9610

1. Necromancer – Rethink DS or allow healing in DS
2.Ranger – Buff
3.Mesmer – rebalance not buff

[Apex] – Zero Entity 80 Necromancer
Blackgate Apexprime.enjin.com

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Animus.6453

Animus.6453

1. Ranger – Poor pet AI and lack of many viable builds makes ranger top choice for me. I have a ranger sitting in limbo at level 30 or so just because of the atrocious pet AI. Figure out ways to reward more skilled ranger play (proper micromanagement of pets, more difficult weapon sets etc) rather than unskilled play (long/shortbow 11111 spam).

2. Elementalist – Fine in WvW and PvE instances but when it comes to sPvP they’re definitely at the bottom. Trait lines still need some tweaking. Still very little reason to invest into Fire in non-PvE instances.

3. Thief – Non stealth builds are still pretty weak in PvP environments. Utilities: Deceptions and Signets are king. Venoms and Tricks are still mediocre. Traps are awful. Trait lines are imbalanced and some higher end traits are just not worth investing into (Assassins Reward, for example). Rebalance of some weapon sets is needed too (solutions to stealth, heartseeker, flanking strike spam rather than straight up nerfs).

Vae The Spectre – Thief
[itok] We Already Know We Are Trash

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Saebur.7215

Saebur.7215

1. Ranger
2. Necromancer
3. Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: igor.6159

igor.6159

1) RANGER
2) engie
3) ranger
4) Ranger
5) RANGER

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

1)Ranger: As someone who has played Engineer exclusively for over a year now, this is saying something. I moved from Ranger to Engineer due to the underwhelming performance of the class in general. If you do nothing to enhance the pet yourself, you gain nothing; the pet being a problem in itself does not help the situation at all.

2-3) I would say it is a tie between Engineer and Necro:
Necro-The class is about to be hit with some fairly justifiable balances, but seems as if nothing is being done to correct the obviously underwhelming aftermath that will occur post patch. Couple this with a multitude of bugs that need correcting and terrible minion AI gives dedicated Necromancers nothing to look forward to.

Engineer-It is downright appalling that the state of turrets has devolved into the mess we observe today. I find it insulting that these issues have been left for dead as long as they have and need attention as soon as possible. Not only are 1/4 of our utility skills virtually unusable, but the traits that accompany them are equally useless due to their own bag of worms. Couple all of that with a sickeningly underwhelming string of gadgets that are usually outperformed by minor traits or weapon skills! There exists no traits in our tree that serve to improve their functionality beyond a single 20% cd. Claiming Engineer as being in a “decent place” right now when there are realistically only 2 viable build types available to us was one of the biggest slaps in the face I have seen yet. It showed that someone either does not play the class enough to realize these are substantial problems or not enough research is being done across all professions to give credence to these “balances” in general.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

1. Elementalist
2. Ranger
3. Necro

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sevoha.6724

Sevoha.6724

1) Ranger
2) Necromancer
3) Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

1. Necromancer
2. Engineer
3. Ranger

At its core, the necromancer needs the most help. Death shroud has been a problem since alpha and has only gotten worse. Before it was too powerful with too much mobility and it was too defensive. At least from a PvP perspective. The changes that where made to it when the game released made the generation of it too low and the necromancer replaced too many of their defenses for the mechanic. The machanic now locks players out of their other skills and it becomes less of a damage prevention mechanic and its more like endure pain from GW1 except that it locks out your skill bar. This is especially a problem when in DS the necromancer doesn’t have access to stunbreaks and has to speck 30 into soul reaping to get stability for a very short duration. They also can’t stomp or revive allies while in DS, which is a problem because this seriously limits my usability with parties. I can’t be defensive and help allies at the same time. Or take the initiative to stomp a foe without abusing a bug. Another issue is the fact we can’t heal in DS. This means that another major mechanic the necromancer has, life stealing, becomes almost completely useless while in ds. This also means that if you are trying to sustain your life allies can’t heal you with their aoe heals and blasts. And the last problem, aside from the bugs, is death shroud doesn’t scale well. a Mesmer can pop an invulnerability and avoid all damage for a few seconds. While a necromancer can’t. In a one on one fight, death shroud works well. However if the necromancer is outnumbered this becomes a problem as we have no means of escape and DS doesn’t scale with the number of foes.

I don’t expect all of these problems to be fixed in the next few months, but some simple fixes for us would be an excellent start. Allowing us to stomp and revive in death shroud would honestly be the bar minimum you could do and it would be welcome among necromancer players with open arms.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Korwal.6415

Korwal.6415

1. Ranger
2.Elementalist
3.Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: cLam.4081

cLam.4081

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist
3. Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zCatchMee.6098

zCatchMee.6098

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist
3. Engineer

Depo

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackenX.7386

BlackenX.7386

1.Ranger
No 2 and 3
Please remake ranger and make pets as a optional
enough for me in RAID, WVW and Dungeon
Because of pets, it makes rangers weapons very weak
(e.g. Greatsword 1,1,1 Power Bonus = 0.55, 0.55, 0.65)
(Guardian Greatsword = 0.8, 0.8, 1.2)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tachoux.4510

Tachoux.4510

1. Ranger
There are too many problems with the Ranger, from the Pet AI, to the damage balancing and survival issues. The biggest problem i find is the sword’s auto attack chain 2 after killing a foe, it can easily launch you into an undesirable location, as well as the 3rd attack locking you into its animation.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

1. Ranger
2. Engineer
3. Mesmer

(edited by Backward Sass.6791)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

1. Guardian
2. Warrior
3. Mesmer

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Steelfist.5634

Steelfist.5634

1. Elementalist
2. Ranger
3. Necromancer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

1. Elementalist (mostly from a PvP view, but PvE too.)
2. Ranger (PvE view they need help. PvP they just need something else than the boring spirit ranger)
3. Thief (PvE view. PvP they do fine, but still need to be looked at)

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: do it.4016

do it.4016

1. Mesmer
2. Necromancer
3. Ranger

lv80>Mesmer>Damage Capping build>Supporter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Malgane.6534

Malgane.6534

This is only for PvE.

1. Ranger
2. Necromancer
3. Engineer

Ranger and Necromancer need help in PvE (being able to dispel minions when necessary would help a lot).

Rangers also need more depth. Permanent pet names and your pets growing older/stronger (no longer “juvenile”) would be a huge step in the right direction. Necros need a viable power build.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

My top three would have to be:

1. Ranger
  2. Elementalist
  3. Engineer

I took the liberty and counted ALL votes till svracak.9671. You guys are just too fast for me.
As it stands the results are now:
Elementalist: 230 Votes (22.66%)
Necromancer: 162 Votes (15.96%)
Engineer: 132 Votes (13.00%)
Guardian: 13 Votes (1.28%)
Warrior: 29 Votes (2.86%)
Thief: 74 Votes (7.29%)
Ranger: 299 Votes (29.46%)
Mesmer: 76 Votes (7.49%)
Total: 1015 Votes (100%)

If there is any interest I could give numbers on how often a profession was ranked 1. etc.

This is awesome. I was going to do this at the end, but it’s cool to keep an updated list like this. Thanks for taking the time to do that! How often a profession is ranked 1 would also be super awesome.

I’d just like to point out that some people may have posted multiple times at this point, so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to double/triple check the votes to make sure they’re accurate.

Seconded.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

1. Mesmer (Because the profession has an amazing amount of bugs. They are not wanted in tpvp and in wvw, outside solo roaming, they have not much going for them either.)
2. Elementalist
3. Ranger

(edited by Reesha.7901)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

1. necro
2. ranger
3. thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SunRoamer.5103

SunRoamer.5103

1. Ranger
2. Necromancer
3. Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist

Work on boosting those two and doing bug fixes for broken things on other classes (e.g. warden and leap for Mesmer)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Revlin.1046

Revlin.1046

1. Necromancer
2. Elementalist
3. Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Ranger

Elementalist

Engineer

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

1) Engineer. Specifically the reliance on grenade kit with grenadeer to have competitive damage in PVE. While I know some players LOVE the gtaoe nature of ’nades, it is one of the worst features in my opinion. The amount of 1-spam is absurd.

2) Rangers. several weapons, including MH sword just feel really clunky and hard to use. Pet AI tends to get instagibbed by AOE far to often.

3) Mesmer. Perma-swiftness or 25% signet.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seven Dreamsong.9802

Seven Dreamsong.9802

1. ranger
2. thief (needs more PVE buffs)
3. engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

1. Ranger
2. ele
3. necro

the ranger need some love for pve not because he is bad their, but it´s harder to play than other classes and you only got one nice weapon.
in pvp and wvw he need some love for condi cleanse.

ele need some work in pvp and necro in pve

Orga for [WUMS]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist
3. Engineer

D/D eles have gotten nerfed to the ground, and staff eles are squishy 1 hit kills. Focus skills are ok, but cooldowns are way too long, scepter skills are good but not in WvW.

Ranger just needs a major overhaul. The pet system needs to be looked at, possibly just scrapped entirely. Glass cannon rangers do ok in 1v1 situations, but beyond that, are just useless.

Engis are a very good roaming class (I’d place them second strongest after Mesmer), but their zerging capabilities could be looked at. As it is right now, they’re just free bags in a zerg, on par with rangers and staff elementalists.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Radmage.3741

Radmage.3741

1: Elementalist
2: Thief
3: Ranger

(I say thief because it’s poorly designed)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mosthated.9304

Mosthated.9304

1: Ranger
2: Engi
3: Necro

Mosthated|Ranger|Maguuma|SFD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

As far as I can tell, its 4 professions that need help.

Engineer, Necromancer, Ranger and Elementalist. At least this seems to be what it looks like. Can we have a poll on what is most played? Because for every 1 necromancer I see I see like 12 eles.