Issue: Runes/Sigils and Non-Salvageable Gear

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

3 months and still no response, on purposefully removing the only way to transfer Runes to new gear, and then adding Upgrade Extractors at 5x the cost — in $$ (real money) — of Transmutation Crystals.

Original real cost to move Runes/Sigils in WvW/Karma/Order armor using gem store items (only current possible way):

1. Prepatch (Original method): 50 Gems, Transmution Crystal ($0.62 cents)
  2. Postpatch (New only method -> 4/15): 250 Gems, Extractor ($3.12 dollars)

-

List of currently un-salvage gear that can cause expensive Runes/Sigils to become trapped, at the bottom of this post.

Hopefully this list at the bottom helps players understand the risk and sways them from buying Karma/WvW/Order armors to socket Runes/Sigils in until something is done about this issue.

-

[Edited to update and also to input list of un-salvage gear that can trap Runes/Sigils in them. And actual cost. Changed some of the original post’s language to be more constructive. ]

Post updated a bit. To better raise awareness of true issue.

Can something be done about this please? You removed the ability for us to use Transmuation Stones to move Sigils/Runes to new pieces of gear.

-

Example #1:

1. Player decides to buy a set of Karma Armor/WvW Armor.
  2. Player then decides to socket said Karma Armor/WvW Armor with 6 Runes of Strength (75.6g -> 12.6g each)
  3. Player decides to make Ascended Armor and socket the Runes of Strength into it.
  4. Player tries to Salvage Karma/WvW armor.
  5. Player CANNOT Salvage Karma/WvW armor and is now out 75.6g.
  • See what happened when Transmutation Stones were removed entirely?
  • Only solution now: 250 gems Upgrade Extractor. (6x 250 gems -> 1500 gems)
  • Former solution: 50 gems Transmutation Crystal. (6x 50 gems -> 300 gems)
  • Player throws away 10g sigil.

Example #2:

1. Player uses WvW Weapons:
  2. Player adds 10g+ Sigil to WvW Weapon.
  3. Player then crafts Ascended Weapon (or new WvW Weapon/Stat Combo)
  4. Player decides he wants to move his expensive Sigil.
  5. Player cannot salvage WvW Weapon due to huge oversight of removing Transmutation Stones. And is out 10g. (When it was entirely possible to do this before the patch.)
  • Guess what the only current option is? You guessed it again.
  • Only solution now: 250 gems Upgrade Extractor.
  • Former solution: 50 gems Transmutation Crystal.
  • Player throws away 10g sigil.

-

The option to do so existed before the patch. We are not asking for something new. But for something to not be taken away from us.

It does exists now (upgrade Extractor) but at 5x the original cost. (50 gems Transmute Stone -> 250 gems Extractor.)

I want to believe this wasn’t intentional. And that something will be changed soon. (Either a price lower, a new Gem store item, or Salvagable Karma/WvW/Order gear.)

-
-
-

Level 80 – WvW/Karma/Order armor salvaging isn’t profitable.

Maximum value of ecto profit if salvaged: (Full set of WvW/Karma/Order armor — using current value, will fluctuate)
thus the reason why it is pointless that they cannot be salvaged

• Assuming Ecto salvage rate of: 1.2 ectos per level 80 Exotic
  • Current TP value of 38s
  • Salvaging set of 80 WvW/Karma/Order: 2g 73s 60c (before 15% TP tax)

Cost of level 80 Armors to purchase:

1. Karma Gear: (80, Exotic) 242,000 Karma per set (42,000 per piece)
  2. WvW (badges) Gear: (80, Exotic) 5g 44s – 950 Badges of Honor
  3. Vigil armor: 8g 88s per set
  4. Whispers armor: 8g 88s per set
  5. Priory armor: 8g 88s per set

Extreme level 80 Karma Armor salvage example:

• Even with Karma gear salvaged for Ectos. My massive 4.7million Karma
  • 4.7million Karma -> Level 80 Temple Gear -> 30g-49g (around this from salvaging assuming 1.2 or less Ectos per piece of gear)
  • Same 4.7million Karma -> Orrian Jewelry Boxes – 75g-100g+ (My 4.7million Karma would net me at least 75-100g.)

-

List of currently un-salvage gear that can cause expensive Runes/Sigils to become trapped:
posted again here near bottom if someone is looking for just this

1. Karma Gear: (80, Exotic) 242,000 Karma per set (42,000 per piece)
  2. WvW (badges) Gear: (80, Exotic) 5g 44s – 950 Badges of Honor
  3. Vigil armor: 8g 88s per set
  4. Whispers armor: 8g 88s per set
  5. Priory armor: 8g 88s per set

-
-

Original real cost to move Runes/Sigils in WvW/Karma/Order armor using gem store items (only current possible way):

1. Prepatch (Original method): 50 Gems, Transmution Crystal ($0.62 cents)
  2. Postpatch (New only method -> 4/15): 250 Gems, Extractor ($3.12 dollars)
#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You made a very valid point. I reported your post, so a mod moves it to right feedback topic in general discussion and the devs see it.

Cheers,

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Made the same point yesterday 30m after patch hit and the Devs locked the thread and said I had to write in the “feedback” thread, where 99% of the posts are from people complaining of the outfit changes.

I seriously think this is an issue, especially given the high amount of non salvageable gear and the need of changing builds due to the Ferocity nerf.

Let us just hope they will at least see this.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

This is a very serious issue and not only for karma gear, but for Badges of Honor gear as well. Those runes are locked in forever now since the extractor is waaaay too overpriced to be worth it.

Please fix this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

+1
/15charcharrcharrrrrr

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

There are several solutions to this problem:

1) Allow karma/badge equipment to be salvaged, but only for the rune/sigil (could add a pop-up warning)
2) Dramatically decrease the price of the Upgrade Extractor (should be aiming for 5g per use).
3) Dramatically increase the supply of expensive sigils and runes, forcing the price down.

At the very least, Karma and Badge armor should come with a warning on it, saying “cannot be salvaged.”

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

I was just thinking about this as I wanted to switch a backpiece on one of my characters to different stats, but I have a relatively expensive exotic orb in it and the item was bought with karma. I have used stones exclusively to switch around runes from un-salvageable gear in the past… this change is definitely a disappointment and a hindrance to anyone wanting to simply try different stats or have a new look.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I agree. I had a few runes and sigils I could not get out. I just trashed the items since there was nothing I could do- even sell it. I guess lucky for me it was older armors and not high priced sigils/runes but it still stinks to just trash it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think it would only be fair for extractor to cost same as transmutation charge. Even if for just a sale (or give us some like the charges).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I still have no idea why they made karma and wvw items non-salvageable. 42,000 karma to get 1 ecto = 120k karma/gold. orrian boxes give 1g per 30k karma. some of the runes and sigils are hard to get, but they wouldn’t be if karma items were salvageable.
dungeon items are salvageable. give me one reason that you can get soldier’s inscription from dungeon weapons but can’t even salvage invader’s weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

+1
#Message Body length must at least be 15

Naz ©

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I still have no idea why they made karma and wvw items non-salvageable. 42,000 karma to get 1 ecto = 120k karma/gold. orrian boxes give 1g per 30k karma. some of the runes and sigils are hard to get, but they wouldn’t be if karma items were salvageable.
dungeon items are salvageable. give me one reason that you can get soldier’s inscription from dungeon weapons but can’t even salvage invader’s weapons.

how does 42k karma for a rune of melandru sound?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

since the supply for rune of melandru will go up 3000%, you have to realize that the price for rune of melandru will drop to under 1g before anyone can sell them for more than that. so 42k karma for 1g rune + 1 ecto is actually a fair deal, and perfectly in line with 30k karma = 1 g.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

+1

/15 dead charrs

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

we have to have a way to save our runes and sigils.
if Anet worried about the economy (karma/badges to gold) just make the runes/sigils obtained from account bound gear to account bound.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

how does 42k karma for a rune of melandru sound?

So ~4g for a Rune of Melandru. Sounds decent to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: loper widow.3506

loper widow.3506

+1
im upgrading to Ascended on an alt and just want to salvage the old gear because they look the same only with lesser stats, the old gear is useless , only want to recuperate the runes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DougTheSlug.3920

DougTheSlug.3920

+1
the extractor was always a joke with it’s price, and now our other options of transmuting our expensive runes from our exotics to our ascendeds is completely gone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

+1 the extractor is too expensive and since I am not a gold farmer I am not swimming in gold that i can buy multiple sets of runes and sigils for every time I want to experiment with new builds.

make the extractor a LOT cheaper or do something else to make player able to transfer the runes and sigils around.

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: noname.4231

noname.4231

+1
/Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: npknhdfrvr.7823

npknhdfrvr.7823

+1
RIP wallet
/15 characters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

+1
the extractor was always a joke with it’s price, and now our other options of transmuting our expensive runes from our exotics to our ascendeds is completely gone.

I belive the upgrade extractors was created to gouge people who needed to extract infusions, hence the outrageous price if you’re using it to recover runes/sigils.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

last I heard, upgrade extractor does not remove infusions. otherwise, you’re right: it would be useful to be able to take a +10 infusion out and make a +11 once you collect enough to make the 2nd +10.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

last I heard, upgrade extractor does not remove infusions. otherwise, you’re right: it would be useful to be able to take a +10 infusion out and make a +11 once you collect enough to make the 2nd +10.

I believe you can:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Upgrade-Extractor

unless they’ve changed it recently.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Serafim.5032

Serafim.5032

+1

I’ve 2 superior sigils of bloodlust and 3 superior runes of the traveler stuck on karma gear.

Please make the extractor more affordable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

Hopefully they take notice of this and make an effort to provide a fix.

It is not like we are asking for something to be added to the game. The functionality has been there for the entire game so far. And was only recently and I would hope, accidentally, removed with the last patch.

Please find a way to allow us to move Sigils/Runes from Karma/WvW gear to new gear like we have since the game began. Please do not take a functionality away from us that we have had since the beginning.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ragnarok.4586

Ragnarok.4586

Bump. WvW bought weapons need to be made salvageable. Or at least create kits which can remove the runes without any surplus materials being obtained. These kits could be bought with Badges of Honor.

Mekanos – Engineer | Alradian – Warrior
[FcTR] on Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If this is the new way of doing things, then they should have been upfront about it so we would have had a chance to remove those runes and sigils before the patch dropped.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Prior to the “feature pack” update, Arenanet stated that they are unhappy about how destructive the transmutation system was. So they finally decided to make the change that many players tought should be part of the game since launch.
Nonetheless, the problem with runes/sigils persists, and I fail to see how is it different from the former transmutations. Upgrading your equipment is still (in lots of cases) a destructive process and in order to make it non-destructive, you are forced to buy an expensive gem store item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Definitely going to bump. This is a pretty important issue to many folks, especially since we had no warning of this beforehand.

I think the simplest fix would be to allow the items to be salvaged, but the only item which can be obtained is the rune/sigil (no ecto, no crafting mats).

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Agreed. Made a thread about it elsewhere, didn’t see this one.

Please give us a decent fix.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

So far it is pretty consistent that no one even cares about getting Ectos/Mats from Karma or WvW Gear. What we want is to be able to retrieve our Sigils/Runes when transmuting. (As we were able to do prior to this patch.)

There needs to be a viable way to do so.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Also, on a side note. Why is it we can salvage dungeon token gear but not badges of honor gear? In essence, badges are the WvW equivalent of dungeon tokens.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DOV.7362

DOV.7362

+1 for the idea about allowing to only salvage runes/sigils from karma armor/weapons. If anet really wants to get gems, might it be with BL salvage kit only … still much beter option than overpriced upgrade remover … Have tons of runes stuck in karma/WvW armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

To those that are asking for a lower price on the upgrade extractor:

It wouldnt make a difference because Anet doesnt control the gold/gem rate.
Imagine the extractor is available 50 gems/5g.
What would happen? Everybody would get it via gold→gems to extract runes and sigils that are worth more than 5g because its pure profit.
That would make the gold to gem ratio rise and lower prices of the runes that are more expensive than 5g sue to added supply. At some point, it would level out again because it costs now 10g to get 50 gems and the most expensive runes and sigils are 10g now. We would be in the same situation as before only with a highly inflated gold/gem ratio.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

To those that are asking for a lower price on the upgrade extractor:

It wouldnt make a difference because Anet doesnt control the gold/gem rate.
Imagine the extractor is available 50 gems/5g.
What would happen? Everybody would get it via gold->gems to extract runes and sigils that are worth more than 5g because its pure profit.
That would make the gold to gem ratio rise and lower prices of the runes that are more expensive than 5g sue to added supply. At some point, it would level out again because it costs now 10g to get 50 gems and the most expensive runes and sigils are 10g now. We would be in the same situation as before only with a highly inflated gold/gem ratio.

^ agreed

The better option would simply be to allow us to salvage Karma/WvW Gear but have it only give back Runes and not other materials.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The better option would simply be to allow us to salvage Karma/WvW Gear but have it only give back Runes and not other materials.

I wish they would do this. It also would be nice if we could pop out sigils freely from legendary gear.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The simplest solution would be making that gear salvageable with the result of only the attached rune in account bound state.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

It amuses me that people are asking for the extractor to be made cheaper, when Anet CANT make it cheaper than the expensive runes and sigils for a very specific reason. As a result, guess what? It’s cheaper to outright replace the rune or sigil.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I’d prefer just to be able to salvage WvW gear (even with no globs) to get the sigils back.

Or, reduce the price for extractors, and make the result (sigil/rune) account bound. Removes the issue of easy profiting. Why the hell would anyone buy an upgrade extractor at the moment? If you buy gems with real $$$ you may as well just trade it for gold and buy the sigils yourself.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

I’d prefer just to be able to salvage WvW gear (even with no globs) to get the sigils back.

Or, reduce the price for extractors, and make the result (sigil/rune) account bound. Removes the issue of easy profiting. Why the hell would anyone buy an upgrade extractor at the moment? If you buy gems with real $$$ you may as well just trade it for gold and buy the sigils yourself.

Exactly. It should work like:

Karma Gear salvage:
Rune only

WvW Gear salvage:
Rune only

Or just allow them to be salvaged period if it is too hard to make them only drop the Rune.

WvW Armor costs 1g + tokens (negating the 1-3 Ectos) and Karma Gear would only net you (for example with my 4.5million Karma). Around 78g selling on the TP for 4.5million Karma.

I could make more gold in two days running dungeons than salvaging 4.5million worth of Karma gear. And any Ectos given this way will simply be sold to the TP and reduce gold by 15% in game. (Thus being a gold sink instead of gold faucet.)

In fact, tack a GOLD COST onto Karma Gear and all WvW Armor that doesn’t already have a gold cost. Problem solved. Salvaging Karma gear for Ectos will result in a NET LOSS of gold. No reason to salvage it for Ectos.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ragnarok.4586

Please make WvW salvageable… I have so much gold tied up in Runes and Sigils now that I can’t salvage my WvW items by transmuting…

[FcTR] on Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

How about allowing currently non-salvagable gear to become salvageable with the following differences (not sure if that is even technically possible with the current salvage system):

• Karma/WvW items give HALF chance to generate materials (makes it unattractive to exploit but does give some returns. Possibly no materials from these items?).
  • Karma/WvW items have same chance for upgrades at salvage. (goal of this change)
  • Upgrades are ACCOUNT bound. (makes it even less attractive to exploit for direct profit, tho it will give an extra source of upgrades so will lower current demand on TP).

Not sure if this at all technically possible (having salvage kits work differently on different “items” might be tougher than it sounds). I know account bound upgrades exist (I have a few in my bank) but I have no idea where they came from or how they currently are generated (or if this method can be made to generate them without huge coding changes).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ragnarok.4586

Bump. Bumpity bump bump bumpsky.

[FcTR] on Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

Bump. Bumpity bump bump bumpsky.

Please do not bump this topic just for the sake of bumping. It is not helpful. And they closed down the last rather important topic because of that.

Stick to the discussion at hand please.

-

The easiest solution I believe is simply making all Karma and WvW armor have a Gold Cost from the NPC. (This would negate entirely the Ecto/Mats salvaged and make it worthless to break down for Sigils.)

The Karma sigil are already soul/accountbound if I remember correctly.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeschylus.7120

aeschylus.7120

+1

Just give us the ability to transfer runes/sigils between our gear (like was available before). I really don’t want to believe my conspiracy-theory friend who has said you’d do this to get more gem sales on the BLTP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: letiny.7586

letiny.7586

I wouldn’t even mind if there was an NPC that could remove the rune/sigil for us for a small fee, they can even destroy/keep the armor. Then we don’t have to worry about the salvaging problem. I just want my rune back u_u

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ragnarok.4586

+1

Just give us the ability to transfer runes/sigils between our gear (like was available before). I really don’t want to believe my conspiracy-theory friend who has said you’d do this to get more gem sales on the BLTP.

I’d believe this “conspiracy theory”

[FcTR] on Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The upgrade extractor first appeared Dec 17th, 2013, about 4 months before this patch. Players always thought it was stupid because except in rare cases it was cheaper simply buying another upgrade. Now we know why it exists.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Ironically i just posted on a similar thread subject in crafting section.
I have currenty 6 Superior travelers Rune in a set i bought with badges in wvw and can’t get them off it in a any way. I’m going to craft full sentinel set ascended for wvw and would like to get back those runes to reallocate into the new one.
The splitter is really too expensive current state. Lower significantly the price or let us salvage those gears. The problem will still stay though if you want to take off some ascended weapons them sigils :/

Nexon = Advanced Cancer