Zodiac Armors Feeback

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

The armor itself is not too bad. The female version could do with a little more coverage, but overall, it’s not a terrible set.

What really gets me is why ANet decided to include the blue skin effect. Maybe there are people out there who think it’s a cool look, but I personally think it’s just plain ugly.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i would rather see blue (or at least dye able) light come from the edges of the armor, a human character should also look the part……

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

If a change is made, whether it be dyeable skins & the ability to actually see our characters features- those of us who already bought it should get the option of having the new Zodiac armor set if a new series of the armor is presented. I bought it for both my ranger & ele, I love the medium on my ranger but I didn’t care much for the ele because it changed her features so much! It looked better in the preview & I actually almost cried because her features were taken away.

Either make the blue cosmic skin dyeable (so maybe we could actually see the blurry stars in darker colors- they may actually look like stars then & not white noise)
Or give us an armor set that shows the actual features to our characters. I’d love to see my ele’s face or atleast her features.

I know the whole zodiac weapon mix/celestial wouldn’t fit well if the blue was taken out entirely but there are ways to keep the theme- Maybe add golden glowy tattoos like how the weapons have that golden constellation in them?
& if they’re reskinned as in taking the blue away so that we may actually see our characters features make all of the skimpy female tops halter-like which is similar to the Female norn Tier 3 heavy armor top- as a female myself I don’t find the zodiac skin skimpy, just the unrealistic boobage & I much preferred my ele’s tiny breasts.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Really? It makes you blue and ethereal. You going to whine about Dr. Manhattan, too?

:/ You mustn’t have read the comments about the Watchmen film. His “stuff” is probably the most discussed thing about it. The movie IS rated R though. I don’t think GW2 is..

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

The armor itself is not too bad. The female version could do with a little more coverage, but overall, it’s not a terrible set.

What really gets me is why ANet decided to include the blue skin effect. Maybe there are people out there who think it’s a cool look, but I personally think it’s just plain ugly.

the blue skin is the point of the armor really, its supposed to be sky/star/godlike celestial beings. Its hard to see with certain graphics settings but the blue skin is actually glittery and starry
google search celestial and you see a lot of starry blue sky things when you search celestial

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

i would rather see blue (or at least dye able) light come from the edges of the armor, a human character should also look the part……

I dont love the armor, but its unique and offers something different, i think taking away that difference doesnt benefit the games armor options as a whole. I think People who dont like the celestial part of the celestial armor should just not get it. Perhaps they can do a reskin with a different name and no blue skin, but the question is would you really want that? or would you rather a different skin get the reskin/effect treatment

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t “get” the new armor. Is this something from GW lore? It can’t be just random blue man grouping GW characters… right?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

Totally disgusting. I can understand wanting to create scantily clad females as a form of artistic expression, but making such ridiculous armor in GW2 is going too far. Women aren’t sex objects, they are people with internal organs that need to be protected. Designing your armor in such a way is shameful, I am so disappointed in you Anet.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

the blue skin is the point of the armor really, its supposed to be sky/star/godlike celestial beings. Its hard to see with certain graphics settings but the blue skin is actually glittery and starry
google search celestial and you see a lot of starry blue sky things when you search celestial

The armor set is called “Zodiac”, not “Celestial”, and there is a weapon set sharing this name in the game already. While those weapons do utilize a blue effect, there are other effects that share the stage equally if not more, such as the glowing star points and the animals. The two sets seem only tangentially related.

I wear skimpy armor (caveat: the ones I find detailed and fashionable) to show off my character’s sylvari glow or my norn tattoos. shrug For those of us with that mind set (and I’d say it’s a fair amount because I hear so many crowing about how they love Sylvari skin), the blue overwhelms that and defeats the purpose. It’s a lovely effect, though. I just wish it were on actual items of clothing instead of overwriting your skin, glow, face (ugh), etc.

And as for your reply to my longer post, I don’t think you read/caught the nuance of my statements, or else perhaps I didn’t clarify well enough — ymmv. I don’t think there are too many skimpy armors; I think there are too many poorly designed skimpy armors, especially lately, and that for the most part their male counterparts are not on par in the skin department.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Breasts are only sex objects if you yourself perceive them to be that.
I still remember how people complained about Phalanx armor showing some bare skin on legs, whatever happened to that?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: click.2471

click.2471

If this skin can change colour,maybe better ~~~isn’t just blue ~~~

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

I was rather disappointed by the armor release for multiple reasons. The main reason is because it must be paid for in Gems. This is getting a little out of hand. Have another way to acquire it or something. The other reason is because of the blue skin thing going on. Maybe if you made it so you can toggle it or obtain a set that isn’t blue that would be great.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My overall thoughts on these armors: they aren’t bad. I was a little off put by all the blue, but then I noticed the swirling white mist and stars when I set my graphics to high. Then the ‘celestial’ type feel was there and it made me like the sets a bit more. Still, on lower settings though, it’s just sort of a blue blob and not so enjoyable.

For all those up in arms that these armors are too revealing, or are portraying females as sex objects, I might agree if anything were actually showing. However, nothing actually is. The blue is a second skin, with the decorative armor over lay. There is no actual character skin shown. This is absolutely no different than what a lot of women wear for yoga or ballet or any number of other activities. Skin tight leotards, body suits, etc. Do you take issue with those as well?

Now, if this armor was a tube top and a pair of pajama pants with something like ‘toy’ on the kitten , then yeah, I could take issue with it. But it’s not.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I would like take a moment to say the Zodiak skins look AMAZING. It is everything I would ever want from an epic armor set.

Keep up the good work Anet

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

This is absolutely no different than what a lot of women wear for yoga or ballet or any number of other activities. Skin tight leotards, body suits, etc. Do you take issue with those as well?

When I wear a leotard for ballet or a bodysuit for cosplay, the leotard or suit doesn’t concave to perfectly shape my cleavage. If you’re looking for some sort of equivalent, I think body paint or a spray tan is closer.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I have no shame in saying that I love how the armor looks on females. I only wish you could have your original skin tone and not the blue.

I am not trying to impress anyone. I know what I like haha.

More armor like this please!!!!!!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I might be tempted by these if we could change the color of the blue skin/body covering, and keep the starry effect to it. Keep the blue as the default, but make sure other colors apply well.

If that happens, I think some truly outstanding looks could be made. (Yes, awful ones too, but some people will argue that they’re already being made.) It would make the armors much more flexible for mix-and-match outfits.

Until then, the only thing that tempts me is the medium gloves for one of my charr, so he can have glowing claws. And I’m not buying the full set for just the gloves.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

My alt mes casts FEEDBACK: Great skins, love em! Keep up the good work

Edit: It’s called zodiac armor, so it has to have something blue fixed on it. I really love the skin and I don’t mind how it looks like atm.
Maybe they’ll put some yellow stuff or w/e next time for the people wanting yellow, or red or w/e. If you don’t like it don’t buy it

(edited by Fasalina.6571)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: UrsaMaritima.8604

UrsaMaritima.8604

I loved this armor set when I first saw it. I’m overjoyed there’s finally some attractive-yet-revealing sets for the boys (humanoid and otherwise). I like the effects and the design.

I do not like the “blue skin” effect. I see what the artists were trying to do and I can appreciate it – it’s supposed to be like the Zodiac weapons where the character itself is reminiscent of a constellation. The blue base, though, is very off-putting. I’d prefer to see a lower alpha on all of those areas so that my character was more ethereal than having the blue there instead.

I find the blue off-putting for several reasons. First, it’s very bright, a la Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen), Diva Plavalaguna (Fifth Element), or (I hesitate to say) the Smurfs. The result of the intensity of this color is that it appears to me like the skin is being covered by spandex, an effect that is intensified by the second reason: The blue completely covers the face. I feel as though my character is wearing a blue zentai (a kind of all-over bodysuit). Here are several examples (they are safe, don’t worry):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Blue_Zentai.jpg
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21400000/ICE-MAN-zentai-21465470-1222-1000.jpg

I know it’s a little bit cliche to complain about armor with a Charr model, but in this case I think the preview on my character truly emphasizes what I’m trying to say.

http://i3.minus.com/jMyyjsxJVmGcM.png

His face appears chiseled and shiny, with a similar shiny effect showing up elsewhere on the body as well. I play on the highest graphics settings possible (because this game is absolutely gorgeous) and I don’t think the armor preview renders at the same detail; however, this is my primary way of determining whether or not to buy the item.

I like the peekaboo chest and thighs, I like the gloves, and if I could see the skin/fur instead of this blueness, it would be a sure purchase (for what it’s worth, I typically trade real money for gems rather than gold). Based on some of the outraged comments above, maybe there are cultural constraints preventing this from happening. If that’s the case, and the blue can’t be removed outright, perhaps consider toning it down around the face and significantly lowering the alpha everywhere else – maybe 0.2 on the 0-1 scale. I’d be a little disappointed about not having this awesome armor “cleanly,” but it would be a major improvement and a look I could see myself using.

Hopefully this kind of feedback is something you can use – it’s a bit scary to post here!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

New armor looks like trash. the Blue skin thing is horrible. does anet want everyplayer to look the same?.. Last time i complained about armor anet devs and forum devs spent more time giving me infraction points than listening to complants. Not gonna waste much time on it but you guys are getting greedy and quite frankly lazy. Love the living story but these new armors and gemstore items are looking more and more like you wanna be just like Sony Online Entertainment(Quick Money Grab). They made Human Cultural T3 for everyone and everyone complained now they are making skins that make everyone look the same with Blue skin… Horrible and lazy hate the new armor and im spending less and less real money on this game. Stop Killing your game anet and start saving it!!!

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

I like the sparkles and the legendary greatsword-effect on the body, but blue… meh… and the armordesign itself looks just hilarious.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Another terrible armor for charr. Its just armor wrapped around charr model and thats it. Helmet looks like its head of a chicken or something. Past couple new armor sets have been horrible. If it doesnt work, dont release it…

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

New armor looks like trash. the Blue skin thing is horrible. does anet want everyplayer to look the same?.. Last time i complained about armor anet devs and forum devs spent more time giving me infraction points than listening to complants. Not gonna waste much time on it but you guys are getting greedy and quite frankly lazy. Love the living story but these new armors and gemstore items are looking more and more like you wanna be just like Sony Online Entertainment. They made Human Cultural T3 for everyone and everyone complained now they are making skins that make everyone look the same with Blue skin… Horrible and lazy hate the new armor and im spending less and less real money on this game. Stop Killing your game anet and start saving it!!!

Ahem, I love the skin.
If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

ability to dye the blue areas please!

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

New armor looks like trash. the Blue skin thing is horrible. does anet want everyplayer to look the same?.. Last time i complained about armor anet devs and forum devs spent more time giving me infraction points than listening to complants. Not gonna waste much time on it but you guys are getting greedy and quite frankly lazy. Love the living story but these new armors and gemstore items are looking more and more like you wanna be just like Sony Online Entertainment. They made Human Cultural T3 for everyone and everyone complained now they are making skins that make everyone look the same with Blue skin… Horrible and lazy hate the new armor and im spending less and less real money on this game. Stop Killing your game anet and start saving it!!!

Ahem, I love the skin.

Ahem, I hate the skin.
If you like it Buy it.

See works both ways and thats not the point devout follower of the anet gods.

Point is last SEVERAL things released on gemstore are a joke, they all seem like quick money grabs.. Really Blue Silver Surfer Skins, Looks like Character Customizations are out the window. Why use Make over kits too, looks like cutting off your nose to spite your face is what anet is doing… makes no sense. Crap looking Ascended Armor and a Skin for gems. If ANYTHING they should have made that the ascended skin IMO even though its still ugly to me

Besides this is a feed back section.. Why are you responding to my post.. that was a feedback post not a free to flame post by other people ?

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ahem, I love the skin.

Ahem, I hate the skin.
If you like it Buy it.

Point is last SEVERAL things released on gemstore are a joke, they all seem like quick money grabs.. Really Blue Silver Surfer Skins, Looks like Character Customizations are out the window. Why use Make over kits too, looks like cutting off your nose to spite your face is what anet is doing… makes no sense. Crap looking Ascended Armor and a Skin for gems. If ANYTHING they should have made that the ascended skin IMO even though its still ugly to me

That not the point if you like it or do not like it the point is that its different from every thing else in the game. That the only important thing about adding in new skins.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

ability to dye the blue areas please!

I dont think that will ever ahppen, people will end up dying it to match the skin colour, and then imagine the complaints!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

I loved this armor set when I first saw it. I’m overjoyed there’s finally some attractive-yet-revealing sets for the boys (humanoid and otherwise). I like the effects and the design.

I do not like the “blue skin” effect. I see what the artists were trying to do and I can appreciate it – it’s supposed to be like the Zodiac weapons where the character itself is reminiscent of a constellation. The blue base, though, is very off-putting. I’d prefer to see a lower alpha on all of those areas so that my character was more ethereal than having the blue there instead.

I find the blue off-putting for several reasons. First, it’s very bright, a la Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen), Diva Plavalaguna (Fifth Element), or (I hesitate to say) the Smurfs. The result of the intensity of this color is that it appears to me like the skin is being covered by spandex, an effect that is intensified by the second reason: The blue completely covers the face. I feel as though my character is wearing a blue zentai (a kind of all-over bodysuit). Here are several examples (they are safe, don’t worry):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Blue_Zentai.jpg
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21400000/ICE-MAN-zentai-21465470-1222-1000.jpg

I know it’s a little bit cliche to complain about armor with a Charr model, but in this case I think the preview on my character truly emphasizes what I’m trying to say.

http://i3.minus.com/jMyyjsxJVmGcM.png

His face appears chiseled and shiny, with a similar shiny effect showing up elsewhere on the body as well. I play on the highest graphics settings possible (because this game is absolutely gorgeous) and I don’t think the armor preview renders at the same detail; however, this is my primary way of determining whether or not to buy the item.

I like the peekaboo chest and thighs, I like the gloves, and if I could see the skin/fur instead of this blueness, it would be a sure purchase (for what it’s worth, I typically trade real money for gems rather than gold). Based on some of the outraged comments above, maybe there are cultural constraints preventing this from happening. If that’s the case, and the blue can’t be removed outright, perhaps consider toning it down around the face and significantly lowering the alpha everywhere else – maybe 0.2 on the 0-1 scale. I’d be a little disappointed about not having this awesome armor “cleanly,” but it would be a major improvement and a look I could see myself using.

Hopefully this kind of feedback is something you can use – it’s a bit scary to post here!

TOTALLY AGREE! you put it an informed nice way. I grow tired of doing that myself but yes you nailed it.. the blue is the main thing that really urks me… it makes me ask, why even have a character customization screen in the first place?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Ahem, I love the skin.

Ah that argument never gets old.

I personally don’t mind the armor. But I am sick of that argument/logic where something is completely immune to any form of criticism just because it’s optional.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

Ahem, I love the skin.

Ahem, I hate the skin.
If you like it Buy it.

That not the point if you like it or do not like it the point is that its different from every thing else in the game. That the only important thing about adding in new skins.

im not quite sure what your saying?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love the Armors and I think they are really beautiful in a kind of eerie /godlike/celestial way.

I much prefer to buy skins outright than buying a chance at something.

So thank you Anet

Gunnar’s Hold

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

Ahem, I love the skin.

I personally don’t mind the armor. But I am sick of that argument/logic where something is completely immune to any form of criticism just because it’s optional.

Same. I tend to not really pay to much attention to it anymore these days.

(edited by Moderator)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Ahem, I love the skin.

isnt that how business work on everything

if you dont like a game console y ou dont buy it

if you dont like clothes you seee in a store you dont buy it

if you dont like a car you dont buy it

if you dont like some particular food you dont buy it
etc…

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

just because you dont like something doesnt mean it should be taken away from those that Do like it

i personally would buy 4 armor sets if i could afford em :L

→IF anything go on and ask for full body armor or something you like instead <-

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

I think the real issue is not due to skimpiness, but due to the fact that the /only/ new content for chest/legs is being released in the gem store. A huge chunk of the player base plays the heavy armor classes. The only heavy gem store armor for females is skimpy except Primeval, which is probably the gem store armor I see the most because the legs and chest are excellent.

There’s no variety. All of the sets after Primeval are practically cloth. Braham’s gets a pass because it’s based off an NPC and it looks identical to the male version. Phalanx chest/legs don’t look like heavy armor, but cloth. It looks like something for a light armor. The male version looks 100x better. Aetherblade has an awesome chestplate for males, females get some sort of bodysuit with belts…which doesn’t look like heavy armor. It looks like medium or light armor.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Ahem, I love the skin.

isnt that how business work on everything

if you dont like a game console y ou dont buy it

if you dont like clothes you seee in a store you dont buy it

if you dont like a car you dont buy it

if you dont like some particular food you dont buy it
etc…

No it is not. Just because you don’t have to buy something does not mean it’s completely immune to criticism.

And again, I’m not against the armors, they are quite nice. I’m just sick of that argument.

“I don’t want the armor to be changed/removed because I, and evidently a lot of other people, like it.”

^Now that would be a valid argument. Not saying: “you don’t have to buy it, so everything that could be wrong with it can be completely dismissed.”

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

just because you dont like something doesnt mean it should be taken away from those that Do like it

i personally would buy 4 armor sets if i could afford em :L

->IF anything go on and ask for full body armor or something you like instead <-

I liked the Old version of the Flamekissed Light armor skin, My character had Human T3 yet because enough people complained i lost that.. So i used a skin i bought that i liked, Copied over my old T3 human with it and enough people cried about it and my new flam kissed t3 that was copied ontop of my already transmuted Exotic T3 is now an ugly FlameKissed Karma set.. so that argument you present doesnt work for me.

Instead of new ugly skins i would prefer our skins be put in our hero panes like the other Achievement skins. Skin Locker, i would like to see more actual features added to the game other than Gold Sink and Money Sink gimmics on the gemstore.

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I agree that I don’t want the armour itself changed, I see nothing wrong with revealing/sexualized armor in a video game. If you don’t like that style, you don’t have to use it. Same as real life, if you don’t want to dress a certain way then you don’t have to..Doesn’t mean the next person shouldn’t be allowed to.

my only request has been that the blue turns off when you toggle off the headpiece, or that they release an alternate version so I can switch and have my normal skin showing when I want to because I prefer my character’s face/hair/etc to the helmet.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

The problem isn’t that it’s revealing… why are you not reading the actual complaints?

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

I agree that I don’t want the armour itself changed, I see nothing wrong with revealing/sexualized armor in a video game. If you don’t like that style, you don’t have to use it. Same as real life, if you don’t want to dress a certain way then you don’t have to..Doesn’t mean the next person shouldn’t be allowed to.

my only request has been that the blue turns off when you toggle off the headpiece, or that they release an alternate version so I can switch and have my normal skin showing when I want to because I prefer my character’s face/hair/etc to the helmet.

Nicely put! Totally agree, I would have liked to have had that option on my human T3 that i copied the Flamekissed T3 Light before it was changed seems undoing a Transmute to my transmuted skin cant be done. I think before making new skins they make sure they have a properly working skin system first… just food for thought for anet.

Like a Skin Locker just like our Achievement point earned skins. Once i buy a light version i have it in my pane for all light classes, (Then technical Support problems related to SKins 90% solved) OMG just save money… im shooting in the dark here ?

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

I personally appreciate and love the new armor designs. I love how beautiful and bizarre they are, and think the blue ethereal aspect of it is pretty cool. I do wish we could dye that part, and can definitely see why others might want to, but understand that might be technically difficult. The medium armor is pretty much my favorite thing I’ve ever seen. I put it on my ranger and paired it up with the short bow, Stardust.

I’d like to ask of Anet’s artists, if I may, is there any way we could have the technical limitations of dyeing armor explained? Certain fields seem like they might be difficult to apply dyes to, and those all typically are fields which incorporate effects or glows of some kind. (The glowing green on the toxic shoulders and gloves, the glowing white of the Radiant achievement skins, as well as fire/embers glowing on armor, etc. And of course, the celestial/ethereal portions of the new Zodiac armors.) Is there a reason these can’t be tinted and dyed like other parts of armor? Sylvari glow can be adjusted and dyed, so I’m sincerely curious of the technical situation that makes dyeing these parts of armor difficult/not allowed.

Also, for the record, I’m very happy with my purchase. Please don’t take away the ethereal part of my armor. If you’d like to consider reworking it so it can be dyed (if possible) or release a second set without the ethereal parts, that’d be awesome! But please don’t take away what’s already there. I think the armors are beautiful and that the artists did an amazing job. I’m very impressed with the detail and bold and even controversial design.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

You have to admit though, it seems that they colored the characters blue so that they could have indecent armors… Personally, I just don’t like how it looks. It just seems…. wrong.

Please, make an armor that is both skimpy and classy. Like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/be/Norn_Raven_Shaman_render.jpg
(hint, hint)
Note: I’m cool with pretty much anything but breast showing. open backs are awesome (particularly for Sylvari and tatooed Norn, I’d also like it for my Charr gal), open arms are great (particularly for my patterned Sylvari and tatooed Norn, and patterned Charr!), showing legs is great, and feet (why I like the T2 on my Sylvari to show her darker toes), midriff to show rock hard abs (I chose the muscular Norn builds).

Go ahead and keep the armor as-is, but there are major problems with it:
1. It takes away any and all characteristics of your characters – A major problem for female Charr and Asura since they use the male version of the armor. My lady Asura and Charr look like men now.
2. The blue covers up tatoos, Sylvari patterns, Norn Tatoos, Charr stripes, etc.
This armor makes make-over kits and work put into character design worthless…

What you could do instead:
Masques (so that hair shows)
Long gloves (I would love long gloves and no sleeves!)
cool boots (high boots)
elegant dress (with no sleeves and an open back for example to go with the long gloves)
maybe transparent sleeves/veils/leggings instead of opaque covering such that tattoos show?

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I am appalled by some of the people here who want to flat out REMOVE the armor because they don’t like it or “gasp” offended by it. Seriously people? If you don’t like this amazing armor set, simply don’t buy it but wanted to remove it or change it because YOU don’t like it, is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Again, I personally think the armor set is AMAZING. If anyone doesn’t like it, then simply don’t buy it but DO NOT dare ask to change or remove it.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

I personally appreciate and love the new armor designs. I love how beautiful and bizarre they are, and think the blue ethereal aspect of it is pretty cool. I do wish we could dye that part, and can definitely see why others might want to, but understand that might be technically difficult. The medium armor is pretty much my favorite thing I’ve ever seen. I put it on my ranger and paired it up with the short bow, Stardust.

I’d like to ask of Anet’s artists, if I may, is there any way we could have the technical limitations of dyeing armor explained? Certain fields seem like they might be difficult to apply dyes to, and those all typically are fields which incorporate effects or glows of some kind. (The glowing green on the toxic shoulders and gloves, the glowing white of the Radiant achievement skins, as well as fire/embers glowing on armor, etc. And of course, the celestial/ethereal portions of the new Zodiac armors.) Is there a reason these can’t be tinted and dyed like other parts of armor? Sylvari glow can be adjusted and dyed, so I’m sincerely curious of the technical situation that makes dyeing these parts of armor difficult/not allowed.

Also, for the record, I’m very happy with my purchase. Please don’t take away the ethereal part of my armor. If you’d like to consider reworking it so it can be dyed (if possible) or release a second set without the ethereal parts, that’d be awesome! But please don’t take away what’s already there. I think the armors are beautiful and that the artists did an amazing job. I’m very impressed with the detail and bold and even controversial design.

This person likes this armor.. Anet please dont burn them like you burned me on Human T3 Flamekissed. Let the people who like it keep it and make it natural/dyeable as well. figure out a way to make both sides happy. You didnt last time and burned your chance at Real world Money from me for a while dont do it again for your sake anet!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nachtnyx.7860

nachtnyx.7860

I typically try to avoid the forums because of the atmosphere but after reading through this entire thread (and seeing that they actually want feedback on the topic) I felt compelled to add my two cents.

First off, I was ecstatic to see a completely new armor set. Granted, I’d prefer to see new armor introduced in the game that didn’t require gems to purchase it, but new armor (and not reskins!) is still worth being excited about.

Was I surprised by the nature of the armor? Yes, mostly because it’s probably the boldest armor we’ve seen yet. The blue is impossible to miss. ;] However, I’m a fan of it because of its uniqueness. I also really wish the in-game previews were better quality as I wasn’t able to notice the starry-type effects until seeing people’s high-res screenshots posted in this thread. I was disappointed to learn that the blue itself isn’t dye-able (at first I thought it was some sort of rendering bug given how it looks in previews) and would be for allowing it to be dye-able or even toggled. If not, I agree with an above suggestion to tone down the alpha on the blue so that our character details can come through a little. Toning down the alpha could also allow for the whole ethereal theme/feel to be more obvious to those running with lower graphics settings as well as in the in-game previews.

But above all else, I would hope that these armor sets are left in game and not drastically altered because some people are screaming that they dislike them. Variety is important, especially in a game like this and one that has been out for over a year. Could there be a perception that the armor is revealing? Yes. Personally, I was happy to see that the male armor was ‘revealing’ a little as well, since the lack of such armors has held me off from sticking with any male humanoid characters I make. The ‘revealing’ nature isn’t equal for the two gender options but I’m choosing to hope that this is a step in the right direction and that armors in the future will be more equal in appearance when viewing on one or the other.

The matter of realistic armor in video games can be argued to death so I’m not going to bother. What I will say is that I greatly approve of a variety of armors with a variety of body coverage, so that people who want their characters to be covered can do so and people who dislike coverage can find things they like. For example, I’m fond of Norn because of their tattoos, and want armor for my characters that shows those tattoos off rather than covers them up. Do I think everyone should dress their characters that way? No, of course not. I want to see variety. Do I see some armor combinations on characters that I don’t like? Sure, but because I don’t find that armor appealing, not because I get my feathers ruffled if a little skin is or isn’t showing. It’s not up to me to tell other people how they should dress their characters or what they should like to see on their characters, and I don’t want other people telling me what I can or can’t put on my character.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

I am appalled by some of the people here who want to flat out REMOVE the armor because they don’t like it or “gasp” offended by it. Seriously people? If you don’t like this amazing armor set, simply don’t buy it but wanted to remove it or change it because YOU don’t like it, is completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Again, I personally think the armor set is AMAZING. If anyone doesn’t like it, then simply don’t buy it but DO NOT dare ask to change or remove it.

Totally agree .. dont remove like last time on flamekissed t3 mess up, you burned to many people on both sides of that. find middle ground.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sebz.1524

sebz.1524

If it wasn’t for all the sparkly bluish effects, those armors would be quite nice.
Seriously AN! It’s like Dr Manhattan meets the Smurfs on Christmas.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

hchadw.1097

If it wasn’t for all the sparkly bluish effects, those armors would be quite nice.
Seriously AN! It’s like Dr Manhattan meets the Smurfs on Christmas.

If i had a dollar for how many times i have seen the Blue Skin referenced to Dr. Manhattan meets the smurfs i would be able to buy 4 sets of Sexy Smurf Armor now! LoLz

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

The Smurfs came to Tyria!!

\||||||/
O°v°O

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

I really like the zodiac skins. The preview in the gem store doesn’t show that it glows and has that twilight/sunrise effect on it that well. Keep the skins please, I love em.

BE GRATEFUL IT ISN’T A RESKIN!

Attachments:

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

(edited by Mad Pig.2890)