Nalia.7921

Grawl Drunkenrage? Hide those bottles quick! 9/10
Amon Grimjoy 7/10.

My cute warrior is named Caluna Mayhem.

Rate the Charr Name Above You

in Charr

Posted by: Dinkus.6480

Dinkus.6480

Caluna Mayhem. I can dig it. 7/10 for being cute and not aggressive.

Turdley is my Charr. He does not have a surname because he is homeless, without a warband or a guild. He is good at pretty much nothing. If you absolutely had to label him something other than hobo, I guess he would be an Elementalist. He smells like a mix between burnt fur and grog, because of his lack of spell control and his affinity for….grog.

in Charr

Posted by: CharrGrilled.5189

CharrGrilled.5189

7/10 for the humor behind it and because you need points for putting up with a Charr in light armor.

Shakk (pronounced shock) Bloodstone is my Blood Legion Flame Guardian.

in Charr

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

10/10!

Perseus Whitemane , my albino charr engineer!

in Charr

Posted by: levi.5439

levi.5439

8/10
It’s not 10 just because I think Greek mythology does not match the Chaars.

My name is a single name: Diegore, my huge warrior.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: tiffycat.1264

tiffycat.1264

8/10 very fitting name for warrior,

Larisa Ironsight, my engineer
Thaila Mistwalker, my wait for it…Mesmer!

in Charr

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Larisa Ironsight 8/10 – I like Iron, I like Sights. I like Ironsights.
Thaila Mistwalker 6.5-7/10 – I like Mist but Walking on Mist reminds me of getting Drunk.

Charrington Nuts the Gunfiring-Charr Engineer that went completely Nuts ever since he was has as a Kitten thrown jumped in a Barrel of 100-Year old Whiskey (thus the special Surname). His addiction for Iron has left him no choice but the Ironlegion, where he continues his crazy experiments and of course his random outbreaks … err or how he himself would say “his tests of oddity and reaction” f. e. firing off Bullets in all directions in the middle of teaching his fellow Engineer-KITTEN-Trainees just because there was a fly on his paw that “he couldn’t get by a slap!”. He also has no alcohol addiction and cut off his Horns and replaced them with Metal-Platings to look more Ironish like Iron and Irony. Those in itself are an Irony like Iron. Like he likes Iron. And Liron likes Ikrony ..lllron.

Catnipp Bloodfist the catnipped Warrior that looks like a dependable middle aged Warband-Leader at first sight, but tends to always eat a dose of Catnip before going into the Battle which mostly ends in rather odd-looking Lumps of Blood lying around. Of course he ‘s in the Blood Legion as no other Legion would’ve taken him just because of that slight bite of sweetness that sometimes makes him misstake Friend for Foe that ’s why he always needs someone bigger at his side to put him to his senses. You can see the results of his Catnip-Addiction when looking closer at his Face. Especially around his Eyes and Maw.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Charr

Posted by: Leviathan.7459

Leviathan.7459

Umm… doesn’t really follow the correct criteria for Charr names so… yeah…
As for the second one, Catnipp must be very mad at his parents for naming him that.

Here’s mine: Tyron Silvershard – Ash Legion Theif

in Charr

imaginary.6241

Well it does, as the Name-Giving for the Charr-Legion is different of that Human beings. The Surname gets either choosen by his Warband and the Things he or she makes him or her special or even complete Outcast-Names without a Warband by the whole Charr-Community itself especially if those Charrs are illminded, crazy or something “else”. Their Prename doesn’t have to be given by their Parent. And in that case it has either given to them by themself or by former Charrs they are accustomed with.

Either way, it fits the whole look of both and I tried it with more regular names but crazy characters require special names. It also fits my personality somehow and playstyle well.

Not rating yours, as I already did vote previously, was just an explanation about the Naming of my Charrs … but what ’s the Story behind Silvershard?

Ah, and a Name that is not mine but of a fellow Guildmate: Skaadr Steamfury.
Charr Engineer. I like that one a lot, but I don’t know the Story about it either.

in Charr

Posted by: Kadzait.4023

Kadzait.4023

I like Tyron a lot better than last name Silvermead, so… 8/10.
9/10 for Skaadr Steamfury, I can see a Chaar Engi named like that.

So, mine – recently created and with no idea how to give Charrs names despite checking out the interwebs – is…

Dusk Swiftwill of the Blood Legion. Dusk grew up with a sense of duty and loyalty with the friends he made in the fahrar. In addition, he had the magic common among Guardians. ‘Swift’ was derived from how fast Dusk was able to gather an effective warband (according to those who did not believe the rumor later explained) and ‘Will’ was his own naming, for it was will that powered his actions both in battle and out. ‘Dusk’ was the time period in which his father and mother first met (I need to flesh out the name more). It was believed that Dusk was the one who united Maverick, Clawspur, Euryale, Dinky, and (his sparring partner) Reeva, but the legionnaire Urvan Steelbane, legionnaire of Blood Legion, took credit for the unified six (counting Dusk) due to their popularity as a diverse (mix of offense, magic, defense, and stealth) yet effective warband.

Still fleshing out the background and whether I want to keep the name or not.

I’m still early with Guardian Dusk, so if I for some odd reason become unsatisfied, I can delete him without much loss.

in Charr

imaginary.6241

I guess you ’re open to constructive input for your surname then?

Swiftwill sounds to constructed in my opinion. I’d try to describe more around the desired attributes or using something like a single attribute that indirectly fits with those, or even an odd name. Examples: Dusk Bridgeknot, Dusk Snarlgriddle,
Dusk Sharpwitted, Duskk the Instant, ….

If you’re are trying to follow the usual Charr name conventions, a surname consists usualy of two parts. The first part is mostly the Warband that he ‘s in and the second part is about his attributes. It doesn’t have to be one of the three big Warbands if he has his own. The prename has no rules attached as far as I know.

Btw. a good example for an odd name is actually to be found in the story:
Howl the Brazen (NPC)

Otherwhise 7/10 for having a resonable Background-Story
(and as I don’t like the constructed sounding surname).

Try Thesaurus.com for finding creative synonyms:
http://thesaurus.com

in Charr

Posted by: Mikester.2943

Mikester.2943

My Charr’s name is Bête roi, which means Beast King in French.

in Charr

Posted by: Richard Magnus.6713

Richard Magnus.6713

5/10 for a cool name, but no lore standing.

Balethor Razoredge, Blood Legion, Berserker Warrior. A reckeless mass of fur and steel from the Razor Warband (an in game guild), currently posted with Dragon Hunters to find the means the Black Citadel can help battle the monstrosities.

in Charr

Posted by: urghka.2693

urghka.2693

8/10
cause i like the name… good tie in with the guild. However difficult to say with a mouth foll of fangs.

Argryx – because that’s all you can pronounce with a mouth full of fangs!

in Charr

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

(In reply to urghka) I can imagine an Npc having that name; it fits really well. Would like to see a last name though. 9/10

My charr:

Bloodline name: Chimie Pepin
Warband name: Chimie Pepsios (Chi-My-Ee Pep-SIGH-Us)
Nicknames: Chi or Pep

Raised on a farm in Diessa Plateau by his defiant parents, Chimie was never educated and indoctrinated in the fahrar. He spent childhood with his parents learning to care for animals.

When Chi reached 16 he went to the Black Citadel for the first time, and was amazed by the city’s infrastructure. At 17 he asked his parents if he could join the Iron Legion, and reluctantly, they agreed. He joined the Adamant guard, and showed he was effective with a gun, as he learned to shoot wild raptors, that harassed the cattle back at the farm. After a long training course he was stationed with the 4th Adamant Assault warband; known as the Special Intelligence Operation Service (SIOS). He was given the role of Warband Support Gunner (Machine Gunner) and was issued with the ILWSW-1.

His warband quickly gave him the warband name “Pepsios” because his bloodline name was Pepin, and he spent his childhood with his blood parents. Reeva, the warband’s youngest member, next to Chimie, was the first to make friends with Chimie and calls him by the nickname ‘Chi’.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

(edited by DietPepsi.4371)

in Charr

Posted by: Mander.6924

Mander.6924

6/10. Nice backstory, but the name reminds me too much of Pippin from Lord of The Ring, lacking the hard sounds typical of charr names.

My second Charr is:
Knahrl Steelmuzzle (The “k” is silent, pronounce it like Narl in snarl) Iron Legion Engineer.
No-non sense legionnaire, Knahrl is a charr of simple taste: he likes big guns, explosives, hi-tech gadgets and a good cigar, from time to time
He’s gruff by nature, not really a people charr, preferring the quietness of his workshop to all the talking the other races seem to like. When he’s not building something with a big caliber or tinkering with explosives, Knahrl is on the field testing them, from Rata Sum to Sparkly Fen. Under the fur and muscles of a bear and all the pointy teeth though, Knahrl is a sincere nice guy, always ready to take one for the team (if there is a good reason) and follow the orders.
He joined the Vigil by trade more than by motivation: the biggest warmongering order in Tyria and they still use catapult? No good. Now Knahrl build tank and cannons for the Vigil, and he’s happy. He still goes out from time to time: nothing like a field trip with a trusty .50 cal shotgun.

in Charr

Posted by: Northstar.9627

Northstar.9627

lol i give this one 7/8 out of 10 , the name is interesting, and the story..is..well lackaluster but its still good

“its always the quietest before the dawn” ~ Sol Dawnrise

Name: Sol Dawnrise
leader of the Dawn/Sol Warband

I am part of the blood legion , is a leading tribune warrior. I come from a long line of leaders and imperators, some which are linked to rytlock’s bloodline (it is said sol and rytlock are brothers by blood). my father, Dameos Dawnblade , who is formely known as the Imperator Banestar, was struck from his title suddenly by illness ; leaving his legacy to his descendant, me. I spar with clawspur, whom is always ready to struck at dawn, never a days rest for him. i seek to recover my fiery dragon sword. In this, i seek to not only gain promise but to surprass my father’s rank in all time. by dignity, and by might can the Dawn Warband be well known for its renown and also, for its time at first day’s light.

History shall know that Sol will lead the charr to victory over the treachorous Elder Dragons who corrupt our lands. Now , will history know what it means to rise with the sun

(edited by Northstar.9627)

in Charr

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I’d give that a 7 out of 10. I don’t quite see Sol as a first name of a charr, and I feel like the backstory plays a little too much on the ‘honorable nobleman claiming glory’ style (which is alright, it just grates on me a bit).

I’m Blackharr Redblood, detached centurion of the Blood Legion. I play with fire.

in Charr

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

“Phlogiston Iceblade” Blood Legion Warrior

For those who don’t know.
Phlogiston: a hypothetical substance once believed to be present in all combustible materials and to be released during burning

in Charr

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

8/10 for being hot and cool at the same time haha

Here’s mines
“Bhangor Firefister” (former name) “Kagusaki Firefister” (new name) Flame Legion Necromancer

Bhangor’s parents was captured by the Flame Legion back in the days. The FL decided to put them into slavery and gave their new cub to the fire warband. The warband decided to name him Bhangor Firefister. As the years gone by, he and his men joined in to take over Ascalon from the dirty puny humans. During the Searing, he found two strange devices with a note that reads “USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!” He decides to play around with it and ends up in a city.. a city full of heroes.

After wondering around in the city for days, he ended up getting a job at a local Benihana’s. The manager didn’t like his first name so he told him to change it. Bhangor knew that he didn’t like his first name and he decided that Kagusaki would fit in with the job he’s working for. He became a hero by saving a cow from getting hit by a train with fear (Reaper’s Mark does wonders). He bought himself a mask and called himself “The Charrcromancer”. After a couple years of working at the restaurant and saving lives, the city went bankrupt and a lot of the business closed down including Benihana.

Being depressed and unemployed, he became an alcoholic. Kagusaki decided that he needs to leave the city. He got the last mystic orb he found during the Searing and used it. He ended up in a place full of traffic, smog, and crime. This was present time LA aka Lion’s Arch. He knew what he has to do. He put on his mask and yelled out “Don’t fear citizens! The Charrcromancer is here!”

Of course, to make this long story short, Kagusaki ends up joining the Ash Legion later on. He still likes to drink his booze because of the [Courage] it gives him.

Here’s also a pic of him. Hope this was an entertaining read

Attachments:

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

in Charr

Posted by: TinaH.3806

TinaH.3806

5/10
Amusing backstory although it feels a bit unlikely to happen (time travel? Then again this is GW… Fire to Ash Legion? Do not know if this is possible). I’d think Bhangor is more of a charr name than Kagusaki.

Ritzy
Iron Legion Engineer
Tawny with black slim tiger stripes

Noble by nature due to her heritage and personality although it also brought an alternate persona and thus disappears from time to time. She is still exploring to find her place in the world.

Ritzy was known to disappear from time to time then reappear a short time afterwards. She was separated from her first warband due to a failed mission that handicapped each member of her warband (not of her fault). During this time she discarded her last name due to the pain of remembering what happened. Ritzy was then placed in another warband which was mostly obliterated due to a battle at the Battle of Smokestead save 1. After rebuilding her warband as a Legionaire, she was separated from her warband due to specific missions with the Orders of Tyria and the Priory. Her adventures has taken her across the current world and she’s back at the Black Citadel from time to time mostly found cooking something.

Jala Bloodspiller
Blood Legion Warrior
Black with white features

Militant by nature, she will attempt to rip apart her enemy if enraged. Otherwise, she will work with others to accomplish goals whether she needs to capture and hold the target’s attention or shred the target to bloody pieces.

Jala’s past is mostly unknown. She did not attend the fahrar or is documented to although her dam is a Blood Legion Centurion in a long bloodline of wise Centurions and occasionally higher ranks. Her schooling was rumored to be private with her dam. In the first while she was spotted, she was a cub whom was seen to be merciliessly drawing blood by ripping off horns, ears, fur, and the occasional chunks of flesh of charr whom got in her way regardless of rank, size, and age. Other times it was unknown how the unfortunate charrs got in her way. The first few times, her dam interrupted Jala’s frenzy by simply calling her name, “Jala”; later she allowed her victims to escape if she deemed them to not be worth her time. others eventually attached her last name Bloodspiller as the number of Charr able to get away from her unscathed decreased over time (other than her mother).

As she grew she become more docile and approachable than the rumors of the past although she will not speak of her past openly.

(edited by TinaH.3806)

in Charr

Posted by: Axyl.9408

Axyl.9408

Meraxes Thundershot – Iron Legion Engineer

I’m still not sold on the surname. My warband overwhelms the enemy with overwhelming firepower from our cannons, hence the “Thundershot”.

(edited by Axyl.9408)

in Charr

Posted by: omgitburns.5967

omgitburns.5967

Meraxes Thundershot – Iron Legion Engineer

I’m still not sold on the surname. My warband overwhelms the enemy with overwhelming firepower from our cannons, hence the “Thundershot”.

Sounds very Iron Legion and Charr at the same time! 7/10!

My charr is named: Fabulous Fluffball

in Charr

Posted by: Lonaticus.4816

Lonaticus.4816

Sounds very Iron Legion and Charr at the same time! 7/10!

My charr is named: Fabulous Fluffball

9/10 Truly Outrageouss! Is it a Mesmer?

Anyways mine is an Engineer. His personality is that of an old senile charr whose tinkering skills are second to none. He squints all the time having almost lost an eye after a failed attempt to create the biggest Charzooka ever made.

His old man used to be part of the Flame Legion but defected after falling in love with the magnificent weapons the Iron Legion used to slaughter his warband. He was drunk the night his cub was born so he came with a name on the fly. Here’s: Loggy Lonfadhur.

in Charr

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

9/10 Can’t pronounce last name but still a cool name for an engineer

My Charrdian is a Koric Bloodclaw. He wears full tier 3 heavy to show his pride. He has painted red gloves that he used to kill his traitorous father.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

in Charr

Posted by: Ventru.5302

Ventru.5302

9/10 – good name indeed.

My charr warrior is called Ventru Fierceblade – Ventru is my nickname I use in many games/websites and Fierceblade is a variaton of GW1 npc’s surname Pyre Fierceshot. BTW Ventru is a variation of a major bloodline of vampires called Ventrue.

(edited by Ventru.5302)

in Charr

Posted by: Yongguk.1830

Yongguk.1830

8/10 – kudos for always sticking to your game/website nickname! I’m guessing your charr is a warrior? but the Ventru explanation kinda made me think of a necro… lol.

My Charr’s name is Mothball Fluffpaw. The reason to that is because i have a stuffed kitten that has been with me for about 9 years and i’ve been so attached to it now. Why Mothball? cos my gf said she smelled like a mothball and therefore came the name. Fluffpaw because she’s fluffy!

Jaywin Lannister – Guardian
Hermès Kelly – Warrior

in Charr

Posted by: Skyzyks.4763

Skyzyks.4763

3/10 for cuteness but not very Charr.
I named my blood legion Mesmer Metis Soulcall. And my ash legion warrior Astra Blackbane.

in Charr

Posted by: Charrly.8524

Charrly.8524

7/10 for both. Last names really fitting but I think first names a bit awkward for Charr characters.

Here’s mine, Dagmer Longclaw, proud Blood Legion Warrior.

in Charr

Posted by: SunRoamer.5103

SunRoamer.5103

7/10 for Dagmer Longclaw

It’s a simple and fitting charr name. I can even imagine a NPC wearing such a name
Which part of his last name denotes his warband though? (asking out of simple curiosity)

“Only” 7 because, while I think it’s a great name in it’s simplicity, and deserves reps for that, it sadly ends up not being quite as memorable. It also does not necessarily inspire as much curiosity as other names.

My Ash necromancer is called Krall Blightfur.
As his father had defected to the Flame Legion, his Ash superiors were wary of any magic talent manifesting in him. The only “magic” training he received was such that he became highly perceptive of magic usage around him, but did not actually harness any powers himself. This heightened sense was put to use by having him specialise in assassinating Gold legion shamans and other powerful mages.

At some point he entered an Ascalonian crypt with his warband and underwent a forceful awakening of his latent necromancer powers, turning his fur completely white. His other warband members were not left unscarred either, earning them all the name as the Blight warband.

in Charr

Charrly.8524

Oh yes I forgot to mention he’s from the Claw warband (along with all my other charr characters).
I’m really happy you thought it a simple name, because it is exactly what I intended, I didn’t wanted something too ‘’heroic" or sounding “too much”. That’s why I haven’t any background associated to me. I’m a simple charr, coming from a simple warband, but most of all: my name isn’t memorable, my achievements are. ;-)

in Charr

SunRoamer.5103

:)

I’m glad my comment made you happy! Your response made me appreciate the name even more.

Again, out of curiosity: What are the other members of this Claw warband called?

in Charr

Charrly.8524

Here you are :
Kalla Feralclaw, female Ranger
Snarl Sharpclaw, male Thief

I like my warrior the most, therefore those are only level 40-50, as I don’t play them a lot. Charr warrior = beast mode !

EDIT: i’ll add some screenshots soon…

(edited by Charrly.8524)

in Charr

SunRoamer.5103

:O

I adore that Claw warband of yours!

In total, it’s a 9/10 for those three.
I mean, you just got to love a charr named after Kalla. Besides, it’s always nice so see such naming consistency across several characters!

(and for the next poster: Krall Blightfur hasn’t been rated yet hint hint )

in Charr

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Love the blightfur part, krall sounds beasty too!

So 8/10 for the RP name, love to see how many people chose a name fitting in the lore.

Mine doesn’t at all, Cuddles The Fluffy. Soft name but a beast in the battlefield.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Charr

Posted by: joeldpz.7869

joeldpz.7869

8/10 for the cuteness and cuddly name………

here is my charr’s name:

Khallak Grimstone, a Grandeur of last disciples Warrior

in Charr

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

10/10 really like that name it’s got real presence.

Nargal Ironfang, warrior, poet and scholar.

in Charr

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

6/10

I don’t see much for Nargal, to me it seems like something that should be present in a Sylvari rather than a Char, Iron Fang is a nice ending name though.

My Charr is (Commander) Deadly Cuddles don’t let the name fool you…
So I can cuddle you to death

H’orly? ou0

Attachments:

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

in Charr

Posted by: Radwolf.1370

Radwolf.1370

8/10
Death and cuddling are always a good combination. Some people will argue that it’s against the lore, but Charr have titles and nicknames too, you know.

As for my Charr…

Surok The Smiter, a towering Guardian with a big heart and an even bigger hammer, valiant defender for his allies and a merciless killer for his enemies. Has a soft spot for Quaggans too.

in Charr

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Surok The Smiter, a towering Guardian with a big heart and an even bigger hammer, valiant defender for his allies and a merciless killer for his enemies. Has a soft spot for Quaggans too.

Interesting not to see a warband name, but 9/10 for the name being followed through into behavior.

Garah Emberbane, part of a warband which got elminated all but to one other member. Warrior who enjoys throwing his weight around with a greatsword or mace and shield, but an adequate shot with a rifle. Wears Blood Legion colors now and forever, so he doesn’t forget where he comes from even working with the Vigil.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Charr

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Natchniony.
In free translation from polish, it means “inspired” “enlightened” “infused”, commonly in religious manner.
As for Charr Necromancer, I find it both quite ironiclly funny and unqie, moving away from traditional “necro” to more “tweaked cultist” like

@Garah Emberbane – 6/10 – As I like “Bane”, “Ember” is totally overused and so common, probably after “The Ghosts of Ascalon” novel. “Garah” sounds too close to “Galraht” , the side boss of GW1, krytan human.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Charr

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Natchniony.
In free translation from polish, it means “inspired” “enlightened” “infused”, commonly in religious manner.
As for Charr Necromancer, I find it both quite ironiclly funny and unqie, moving away from traditional “necro” to more “tweaked cultist” like

5/10 Doesn’t really seem to follow any of the naming conventions for Charr, and given the way they tend to feel about Gods, “religiously inspired” almost seems like the sort of thing they’d consider an insult. Seems more like a Human or Sylvari name.

Phoenix Ashbloom

First name uses the softer consonants typical of female Charr names, as well as a Roman mythological reference.

Last name refers to the first flowers to grow after a forest fire, tying to her ranger affinity for the wilderness.

Both names reference things being reborn from fire, which ties to her driving personality goal. Unlike most Charr she doesn’t fight simply for the joy of combat. She fights because removing the “brush” of the world as it is must be done before the world that could be can grow.

in Charr

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

7/10 I like the overall pattern in the name. And i have a general admiration to the fire type of names.

My Charr is called Fyr Icepaw
Proud leader of the Ice warband and the Vigil department of the Pact Forces.
She´s a female Warrior of the Blood Legion.
Her first name Fyr is an old norse word for Fire and shows her relentless force that drives her in battle.
The name of her warband arose out of their duties to guard the north-western borders close to the far shiverpeaks. And so they always got into contact with the snow and ice, making it their secondary home, right after the famous taverns of the Black Citadel.
In there she´s perfectly suited with her white fur, with grey stripes. She will burst out of a blizzard and bring fury and wrath to the enemies of the charr. No matter what cost, her warband and the legions will always stand on top. Not even a barrel of whiskey could come close to that.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

9/10, i like how it sounds. Though charr names are originally supposed to be roman or mongolian sounding, i think Fyr still sounds fitting. And i’ve seen quite a few charr npcs with short and not so roman or mongolian sounding names.

My charr necro is Khazura the Looming. She has a warband that she’s loosely tied to so she doesn’t use the warband name. “Looming” can refer to death shroud and spectral skills, the way she becomes a shadow or a spectre, looming over her pray or haunting them. “Khazura” kinda just popped out of my head (one of the rare occasions when a name that i come up with isn’t ridiculous) but i think it sounds a bit mongolian.Or i don’t know, maybe not, i’m not familiar with mongolian language, but i like this name anyway :P
My native language is not english so i kinda have my doubts that this name is grammatically correct like this (can the word “loom, looming” be used like this?)

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: sildaemon.7628

sildaemon.7628

The necro Khazura the looming sounds like she’s going gladium but all in all a solid 9/10 for a necro charr name.
My Charr’s name is Huroc(Hue-rock) Bloodmane. Guardian first born from a litter of four; blood legion far from home and is needed in battles elsewhere… Keeping a cool grip of virtue, as he tries not to be swallowed by his rage on the battlefield.

Attachments:

A very crazed one…

(edited by sildaemon.7628)

in Charr

Posted by: Aedh.2631

Aedh.2631

10/10
Though his name might not fit a guardian so well, it’s still very good all around. First name or last name, both sound beastly !

My charr’s name is Rend Brokenfist, a warrior from the Iron Legions.
He got his nickname after breaking his fist on a superior officer’s jaw.

Attachments:

Niamh Ruadhan – Norn guardian (Augury Rock)
Rend Brokenfist – Charr warrior (Augury Rock)

(edited by Aedh.2631)

in Charr

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

7/10
I feel like a charr striking their superior officer, considering their strict military discipline, is not only unlikely, but also severely punishable. But I guess every unit has a rule breaker.

Tyberious Lionscar – warrior
Loyal soldier of the Iron Legion. The name Lionscar was given to him for the ferocity he fights with, like a lion, as well as his thick mane. Among the legion, his warband is known as “the Lion’s Pride”. “scar” comes from his prowess with his blade. No foe is left unmarked.

in Charr

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

7/10
I feel like a charr striking their superior officer, considering their strict military discipline, is not only unlikely, but also severely punishable. But I guess every unit has a rule breaker.

Tyberious Lionscar – warrior
Loyal soldier of the Iron Legion. The name Lionscar was given to him for the ferocity he fights with, like a lion, as well as his thick mane. Among the legion, his warband is known as “the Lion’s Pride”. “scar” comes from his prowess with his blade. No foe is left unmarked.

Lol. for kicks, i typed in Tyberious in google, and I got this link
http://www.kabalarians.com/Male/tyberious.htm

You should read through it lol but I i kinda like Tyberious Lionscar. It has a sort of royal “ring” to it 8/10

in Charr

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

8/10
It’s not 10 just because I think Greek mythology does not match the Chaars.

My name is a single name: Diegore, my huge warrior.

I can’t begin to tell you how incredible that setup is.
The armor selection, the dye especially and the fiery sword and blood legion shield is just pure amazing.
Your charr looks like a fully experienced and fearless legionnaire warrior.
I can’t rate it because he’s too good for a rating.

in Charr

Posted by: zachooz.2614

zachooz.2614

Ummm I don’t see a name above mine so I’ll just put a name down.

Auster Deadeye

A char feared among the order of whispers. It is said one only sees him the second before he looks into the eyes of death. The name of his warband is only said in whispers due to the fear of inciting Deadeye’s attention. The warband is called “The Unaccounted” do to its mysterious origins and it’s unaccounted victims.