Rate the Charr Name Above You

in Charr

Posted by: Ilien.5302

Ilien.5302

Gnash Steelshell:
4/10 first name, seems kinda generic. 8/10 last name, pretty much perfect charr right there.
Lyan Soulbringer:
5/10 for Lyan because its a cool name, but not really charr. Sounds more human/Sylvari
6/10 for Soulbringer because as cool as that sounds, again, it’s not really Charr.

Ashfur Ketchum, Ranger of the Ash Legion
Winston Charchill, Engineer of the Iron Legion
Gary Oakmane, Guardian of the Blood Legion.

I have a problem.

I agree, the names sounded better at first, so I had my two charr remade.

Retaining the same spirit as before, re-named my engineer to Groknar Steelshell, I really liked the Steelshell bit. My Necromancer was also renamed to Reesa Cursefang, of the Curse Warband of the Ash Legion.

Oh, I like that one, especially the last name, Oriana sounds a tad too “human” I think, but it’s alright 9/10

I got a charr thief called Mereen Brightclaw, for her white fur with black spots as well as the bright flash of her steel – very likely to be the first and last thing you’ll see of her xD

9/10. Really like it. Should get a chaos weapon skin to go with it

in Charr

Posted by: ChaosSgt.9713

ChaosSgt.9713

Gnash Steelshell:
4/10 first name, seems kinda generic. 8/10 last name, pretty much perfect charr right there.
Lyan Soulbringer:
5/10 for Lyan because its a cool name, but not really charr. Sounds more human/Sylvari
6/10 for Soulbringer because as cool as that sounds, again, it’s not really Charr.

Ashfur Ketchum, Ranger of the Ash Legion
Winston Charchill, Engineer of the Iron Legion
Gary Oakmane, Guardian of the Blood Legion.

I have a problem.

I agree, the names sounded better at first, so I had my two charr remade.

Retaining the same spirit as before, re-named my engineer to Groknar Steelshell, I really liked the Steelshell bit. My Necromancer was also renamed to Reesa Cursefang, of the Curse Warband of the Ash Legion.

Oh, I like that one, especially the last name, Oriana sounds a tad too “human” I think, but it’s alright 9/10

I got a charr thief called Mereen Brightclaw, for her white fur with black spots as well as the bright flash of her steel – very likely to be the first and last thing you’ll see of her xD

9/10. Really like it. Should get a chaos weapon skin to go with it

9/10 For Both Names

Tarquin Duskmane of the Mane Warband / Ash Legion / Tracker (Ranger) /Maguuma

Tarquin Duskmane / Anna Masovia Piast
Engineer of Ash Legion / Necromancer
Legion of Honour – Guild

(edited by ChaosSgt.9713)

in Charr

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

9/10. I like the first name and the whole thing fits Charr naming conventions well.

And mine is Beast Blastburn. The most metal Charr around, because why the kitten not?

in Charr

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I take it that character is more of an engineer who likes to make things explode. 8/10

I made an Iron Legion Necromancer named Malkav Madklaw.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Charr

Posted by: Pootlefish.2549

Pootlefish.2549

I need a bit of advice, or at least a few opinions.
I have just decided to reinstall after a year or so away to give it another bash – I am going to make a new character, he will be a Charr Thief, Ash Legion of course.

I am stuck on a last name. His first name is Raspur then either;

Raspur Grimshadow
Grim warband: One of two warbands assigned to sail the Brutality, an Ash Legion naval vessel (circa 1237 AE). It was the leading Ash Legion warband on board the ship. (his war band decided to revive the name as tribute)

-or-

Raspur Hauntbane
Haunt warband: An Ash Legion warband trying to destroy the Decimus Stones. (ghost killers)

in Charr

Posted by: ShewoIf.4192

ShewoIf.4192

Raspur Grimshadow: 7/10
Very good name, “Raspur” fits well with “Grimshadow”

Raspur Hauntbane: 4/10
“Hauntbane” sounds a little unrealistic and un-Charr like. I still like the name Raspur though

My Charr’s name is Aziiar. She is an Ash Legion Ranger.
(I have not decided a Warband name yet)

in Charr

Posted by: Esmerauld.3451

Esmerauld.3451

I like the name Aziiar, I’d give it an 8.5 for the first name, with a good warband name to back it up, it would be great.

My Charr:

Neroth Stormrend, Charr Guardian

Malith Eversteel, Charr Engineer.

in Charr

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

My Charr Engineer is named Nascharr. My guildmates and I were up late months ago making up puns for names and I decided to make my Charr Engineer.

Attachments:

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in Charr

Posted by: Halberto.8790

Halberto.8790

Neroth Stormrend- I give it a 7 because the the name feels like it should belong to an ele. Otherwise, I think it Neroth has a strong accentuation and belongs to a charr and I am assuming this is a male character.

Malith Eversteel- This will get a 9 because the name association belongs to an engineer. Malith seems like a resourceful character who uses his talents to lure in his enemy and then deliver a swift methodical defeat before they ever say “Charge!”

Nascharr- I’ll give you a 5, Charr are more than simple puns.

My character’s name is Charrberto. He is Iron Legion and unabashedly strikes fear among his foe’s and a sense of pride among his warband.

in Charr

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Charrberto – 5, Charr are more than simple puns =P

I have two charr, my Warrior: Grok Krog

and Engineer: Fyrus Byrne

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Charr

Posted by: czernobog.2160

czernobog.2160

Charrberto – 5, Charr are more than simple puns =P

I have two charr, my Warrior: Grok Krog

and Engineer: Fyrus Byrne

Grok Krog -7/10, pretty cool name, Maybe if the Charr’s language was like this. Definitely go for it.

Fyrus Byrne – 9/10, I like this name a lot. It really fits the Charr and the class he/she is in.

My charr Warrior name: Olaf Facesmasher

Not my greatest idea but it fits, I’m a crazy cat guy and I named my character after my cat Olaf, even made my Charr look like my cat.

in Charr

Posted by: hggt.7260

hggt.7260

6. I like the name, but Olaf reminds me more of a Norn.

My Charr’s name is Tybalt Nopaws… That’s right. Tybalt Nopaws

in Charr

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

8/10 for the novelty while staying lore friendly.

Brinstar Dragonkill
Gallia Steelguard

in Charr

Posted by: Reina.8397

Reina.8397

Brinstar Dragonkill – Is that first name a Metroid reference? Awesome. 8/10
Gallia Steelguard – This one sounds really good out loud. 8/10

My charr engi is named Ferra Metalpaw.

Attachments:

in Charr

Posted by: Szisza.8054

Szisza.8054

10/10. Other than english, I’m learn italian as well, so it was hard not to notice that “Ferra” is similar to the italian word “ferro”, which means iron. And this with the surname Metalpaw, is totally a charr engineer name. Let me guess: Iron Legion? :P

Virra Flameheart is my female engineer, and she’s in the Iron Legion.

Don’t hurt me! My english is bad,
because it’s not my mother language.
If you can correct me then do it :3

in Charr

Posted by: demoncijapsel.4650

demoncijapsel.4650

i rate it 7.10, Flame is a bit odd for a Iron legion.
Well i have a Charr warrior who is named Gabrak Steeljaw, aligned with the blood legion

Yaks Bend
Badger Spirits

in Charr

Posted by: Morgrain.9627

Morgrain.9627

Gabrak 7/10, Steeljaw 9/10 = overall 8/10

The two names don’t sound as if they were from the same language, yet it sounds strong. Also, it would go better with the iron legion imo.

Morgrain Bloodforge, Male, condition thief, ash legion.

(edited by Morgrain.9627)

in Charr

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

Gabrak 7/10, Steeljaw 9/10 = overall 8/10

The two names don’t sound as if they were from the same language, yet it sounds strong. Also, it would go better with the iron legion imo.

Morgrain Bloodforge, Male, condition thief, ash legion.

I can’t say Morgrain really sounds much like a Charr name to me. Sounds a bit more like a pretentious human to me. Bloodforge isn’t a bad name over all, but blood sounds…well…Blood Legion, and Forge sounds like Iron Legion. 5/10.

Mine is (well my main) Kaaros Razewall, Guardian, Blood Legion.

in Charr

Posted by: Timmins.5873

Timmins.5873

I think both both names work and go well together, so I give it a rather solid 10/10 . Mine is Volugh the Scythist, a Gladium Necromancer who is now a Priory Magister. The Scythist part is due to his weapon is part scythe and staff.

in Charr

Posted by: kdebones.6924

kdebones.6924

Eh, my issue is that “Scythist” isn’t a real word. I get where you’re coming from, but you could have easily just said “Volugh of the Scythe”. Imma give that a 4/10 sadly.

I got two characters, with only one having a good backstory:

Balor Gearfist, of the Gear Warband (you can find some of these guys at Fort Trinity). Engineer in mostly Sorrow’s Embrace medium armor. He got his name when he was testing out a prototype turret in the Blazeridge Steppes. While testing his turret, it malfunctioned on him when it attracted the attention of a Branded Minotaur. The Minotaur stampeded towards Balor and decimated his turret, sending scrap and metal flying and knocking him back. As the Minotaur slowly made it’s way towards Balor, he fumbled around for his pistols, but saw them in the distance. Frantically, he reached out for anything, and right as the Minotaur was looming over him, he lashed out and stuck it clean in the face with a gear from his turret. Slowly, a cracked formed on the Minotaur, and with ferocity that few Charr can muster, he continued to land blow after blow on the point, until the Minotaur crumbled before him.

The other is Hespa Foebreaker, of the Breaker Warband (You can find some of these guys in Fireheart). Hespa is a ferocious feline that loves nothing more than to get her claws into the thick of the battle, and relishes pummeling foes with her massive war hammer until they’re broken, both in spirit, and in physical form.

in Charr

Posted by: Vanadis.8147

Vanadis.8147

I think both make for good charr names, especially the surnames 10/10 for both.

Mine’s called Cinders Ironclaw (Iron legion of course, and engineer)

in Charr

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Sheba wildshot the only ranger in the world that actualy misfire near constantly

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Charr

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

Sheba wildshot the only ranger in the world that actualy misfire near constantly

I like them both, especially the second name, although something about Sheba bothers me…I’m probably mispronouncing it. Anyway 9/10.

Couldn’t resist coming back because I have two more Charr.

Vayne Southpaw (Thief, Iron Legion)
Solus Frostburn (Elementalist, Ash Legion, Flame Legion sire.)

in Charr

Posted by: Issac Ursaga.2947

Issac Ursaga.2947

I like them both, especially the second name, although something about Sheba bothers me…I’m probably mispronouncing it. Anyway 9/10.

Couldn’t resist coming back because I have two more Charr.

Vayne Southpaw (Thief, Iron Legion)
Solus Frostburn (Elementalist, Ash Legion, Flame Legion sire.)

Vayne sounds a bit too human to me, but southpaw is pretty good! 6/10
Solus Frostburn is a pretty good name, though I’m confused on the gender of this charr. I feel like you intended for it to be a masculine name (I might be wrong), but its actually closer to the feminine norm. 8/10

As for mine… I have three!

Gyrtag Steamweld: Male Engineer, Iron Legion inventor, Legionnaire of the Steam warband, sired by a flame legion shaman.

Karalis Gnashclaw: Female Ranger, Blood legion scout, Centurion from the Claw warband.

Sarlora Dustpaw: Female Mesmer, Ash legion spy, member of the Dust warband. Sire was a loyal blood legionnaire.

in Charr

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Gyrtag Steamweld doesn’t really sound that good, but it fits charr naming conventions so 9/10
Karalis Gnashclaw and Sarlora Dustpaw sound really good and are very fitting for a charr 10/10

My charr:
Leo Brightblade (M) ranger, iron legion
Caligo Silentstep (F) engineer, ash legion (who says tech can’t be used to be stealthy?)

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Charr

Posted by: Esmerauld.3451

Esmerauld.3451

Leo Brightblade has a nice ring to it, I’ll give it an 8.5/10.

I love the name Caligo Silentstep for an Ash Legion Engineer, very fitting – 10/10. I’m imagining her as the kind of engineer who would modify her turrets to be silent, perfect for ambushes!

My Charr:

Mordrith Dreadshot (F) -Ranger
Neroth Stormrend (F) – Elementalist
Malith Eversteel (F) – Engineer

(edited by Esmerauld.3451)

in Charr

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

10/10

Sappho Wraithmane female necromancer; Ash legion, Wraith warband

in Charr

Posted by: dead ghost.8504

dead ghost.8504

6/10
Mine is: Rend Deepblade Blood Legion Soldier and Ranger

in Charr

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

4/10 seems more of a warrior’s name over a ranger but the 4 bc it matches bloodlegion

in Charr

Posted by: dryden.1829

dryden.1829

8/10 Sappho Wraithmane, 9/10 Rend Deepblade, though it doesn’t sound like a ranger name lol

Aerys Skyreaver, female warrior of the Reaver warband

in Charr

Posted by: Cekay.2614

Cekay.2614

8/10 Aerys Skyreaver, i like the first name.

Mardock Steinklinge(german for Stoneblade), proud male Warrior Gladium who got his name because his blade, like a rock, has never been broken.

in Charr

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Flint Rifleblaze.
Flint ‘cause he’s hard as stone and will start a fire whenever possible
Iron Legion, Rifle war band. Blaze – ’cause he can shot and reload his rifle so fast, you think theres a blaze of fire coming your way

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

in Charr

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

^ 8/10
My necro : Aint Kitten
My thief: Doomroxxar

in Charr

Posted by: Spudfuzz.6185

Spudfuzz.6185

@ Eric. Really cool name dude. ‘Flint’ especially is awesome. 10/10

My boyfriend named his Charr thief Rage Flashclaw . Wanting mine to be considered to be in the same warband as his, I named my fire/ lightning elementalist Lyra Flashbang.

in Charr

Posted by: Garnik.7086

Garnik.7086

Charr ranger : Garnik Crocblanc

in Charr

Malkavian.4516

I dunno…. I’d give it a 7/10

My new charr is called Trestkon Madklaw.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Charr

Posted by: Ogwom.7940

Ogwom.7940

I will give the above name a 7/10 because the name Trestkon matches more with human.

My charr guardians name is Modreth Nightstep of the Iron Legion.
He was originally situated in Ascalon with his warband, but they left to go help the norn fight the ice brood in the Shiverpeak Mountains.

in Charr

Posted by: Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Hi Ogwom, Modreth is very nice name – 10/10 but Nightstep evokes a spy-like charr in my head – Ash legion. 8/10 for a last name = 9/10.

My female charr is a young elementalist called Sia Soulbreaker.

in Charr

Posted by: Athrenn.9468

Athrenn.9468

I like the name Geargrind, 8/10 for that.

Mine is Galvar Bonespeaker, an Ash Legion necromancer. BONE warband is a special investigations and forensics unit. They’re currently tasked with finding long term solutions to the ghost threat, which it fitting because forensic archaeology is what they’re generally good at. Galvar is their legionnaire who specializes in death magic rituals and uses the bones of the dead to peer into their memories. Hence the name “Bonespeaker”

in Charr

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Up: 10/10. Bones are always good in the morning. That’s what she said.

Male mesmer named

Niccolo Macharrvelli.

Edit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccolò_Machiavelli
:D

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Charr

Posted by: StupidSabercat.9287

StupidSabercat.9287

5/10 Not super lore accurate but it sounds awesome!

Female Charr warrior of the Iron Legion named Amby Baeltongue!

Attachments:

I am part of the machine!

in Charr

Malkavian.4516

I will give the above name a 7/10 because the name Trestkon matches more with human.

My charr guardians name is Modreth Nightstep of the Iron Legion.
He was originally situated in Ascalon with his warband, but they left to go help the norn fight the ice brood in the Shiverpeak Mountains.

Yeah, but looking back, very few Charr in the game actually have human names like Tybalt Leftpaw.

Amby Baeltongue? It’s unique even for Charr standards in my eyes, I’d give it an 8.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!