Kiel vs. Evon

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I’ve despised Kiel since Last Stand at Southsun because I think she’s an enormous hypocrite, so…

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Here we go
1080p

Kiel has an evil look to her in this picture.

Attachments:

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

All this talk about reduced waypoints cost is just propaganda for Kiel, to get you to vote against Evon. Nothing has been confirmed about Kiel lowering waypoint costs at all. Don’t believe the lies, and vote for who has the most commercial experience.

Also keep in mind that despite Kiel’s involvement with Southsun Coast, the place is still a dangerous mess. She didn’t fix anything. And she only managed to arrest Mai Trin and salad-face with OUR help, and didn’t even get her hands on the master mind behind the operation (this mysterious Scarlet). She has a really bad record if you look at it. Constantly letting us do her dirty work.

Someone like Evon looks like the sort of person who can get things done. And he has way more experience with commerce.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

she only managed to arrest Mai Trin and salad-face with OUR help

And Evon Gnashblade only managed to get stinkin’ rich with our continuous help… yout point?

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Someone like Evon looks like the sort of person who can get things done. And he has way more experience with commerce.

You’re right. He has the experience of taking all our hard earned gems for low chances at the items we really want.

Yeah … I’ll vote for Kiel. She hasn’t tried to rip me off yet.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Then he’s a smart guy!

I’ll vote for this Charr. I like his thinking.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

If it was off of personality I suspect Evon would win (because Keil doesn’t have one). Unfortunately, WP costs will be far more appealing the Black Lion Key reductions (everyone uses WPs, very few people buy Black Lion Keys) so the competition is heavily stacked in Keil’s favour.

Exactly my thoughs. I WANT to vote for Evon if we have the possibility.

But this is obviously biased. There are a lot of people (including me) that wanted the Aetherblade Dungeon returning (if and only if the achievements are back, if not I prefer Molten Facility 1000000 times over it!), and offering reduced waypoint costs will always win over reduced cost on black lion keys (unless the keys hare halved in price and the waypoint reduction is like 2%).

They gave Kiel all the sweet offers (including something that everyone uses in a daily basis versus something that only people that regularly spend gold or real money on keys would apreciate), this is clearly biased if true!! I’ll still vote for Evon just because Kiel is bland in comparison and she’s the favorite child of a-net with those offers that she shouldn’t even give as there is already a Council Captain that owns the waypoints ¬¬ This is sooooooooooooooo rigged…

One thing to consider…

If the datamined policies are accurate, Kiel’s more attractive offer might be representative of her having a better understanding of, or simply just caring more about, what is important to adventurers – and her ability to implement reduced waypoint costs might be based on using her influence to persuade the owner of the waypoints to grant a discount. (Besides, if we’re going to ask about realistic promises, how are either of them going to influence what happens in the Fractals?)

Evon, to our knowledge, doesn’t have Kiel’s experience or friendships with adventurers, and is mostly concerned by his own mercantile interests – which can be shown in his making an offer that effectively costs him nothing (since such a discount will likely balance the reduced profit per sale with increased volume of sales).

Thus, this could actually be intended as an accurate reflection of the priorities of the two – Kiel puts more of a priority towards assisting allied adventurers and things that assist in defeating threats to Lion’s Arch, while Evon is primarily motivated by $$$.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Then he’s a smart guy!

I’ll vote for this Charr. I like his thinking.

#TeamEvon

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

They are both equally boring with shallow personality.
Only the devs in their Living story videos think otherwise.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

They are both equally boring with shallow personality.
Only the devs in their Living story videos think otherwise.

Keil is pretty boring unfortunately but I think thats just because we dont really know the character. Ebon on the other hand hasnt really had any development at all.

Considering how much time we have spent with Keil its a shame that she hasnt matched Kasmeer, Roxx, Braham and Marjory. I think the key issue with her is that to as Keil seems little more than her job. She has some dry wit but mostly just seems Lionguard Keil the cop. We dont really know Ellen Keil. What motivates her? What family does she have? What does she value? Why is she such a workaholic?

Thats where I think her character suffers.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

#teamKeil

15 words

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Wheres this stuff about lower wp costs, and AR/MF returning? I’d like to read about that.

#teamKeil
If that stuff is true, I’d have to go Kiel, only cause WP costs are too high (insert image). I’d love for MF to come back, but only if we can get the jetpack/mini as possible rewards again (hopefully with a higher drop chance) and the azurite gems. AR wasn’t as fun and didn’t have as nice of rewards (except the guaranteed gold, if you could complete it, though it takes longer than MF to finish).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

@Queen, we better start helping Evon with his Campaigning, or it’s gonna be a landslide….

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

@Queen, we better start helping Evon with his Campaigning, or it’s gonna be a landslide….

Just put his winning tickets in a couple of BLCs, he’ll eventually get to them….eventually. Either that or he goes broke from buying so many keys hoping to get something worthwhile.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

One thing id like to point out the char is leader of BLT so there might be some major bribery and discounts we will see if EVO gets elected. I’m surprised the consortium doesn’t come up with a candidate with their rivalry destroying Lions arch and all that with the karka incident.

I vote for carnak him being a bad kitten an all

why did it turn as..:s to kitten?

(edited by Fafnir.5124)

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Kiel.

I feel very sorry for her. She has the burden of guild about a Councilman’s death on her shoulders. Also, she has tried her best to grasp control of Southsun, Dragon Bash, and the Aetherblades.

What has Evon done? Make the BLTC (which is very useful) and gotten rich off of many gambler’s desires into luck boxes.

For me, even if other people think Kiel is pretty boring ( I think she’s really molded out to be honest)

Compassion > Greed

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Here we go
1080p

Kiel has an evil look to her in this picture.

She looks like she’s had a hard life.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Kiel is a vote against gem store RNG boxes.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I think the “reduced waypoint costs” will make people buy Kiel’s offers thinking “omg!!! free travels!!!!! go vote Kiel!!” like all the times people have think what they wanted (like “better chance of dragon tickets” being read as “confirmed 100% chance of getting one”) and at the end it will be just like 1% reduction or something like that, then people will be mad at the new member of the council and they will want to change their vote but they won’t be able (and this is if the data mined info is correct as Colin apparently suggested it could be outdated).

So… please vote for Evon Gnashblade before Kiel makes you all hate her by disappointing you! The guy has been running the most succesful company in all Tyria, so he clearly has experience. Kiel on the other hand could be a moral character (though a bit dumb and not very complex when you analize the way she handled things like Cannach’s case) but she heavily depends on heros helping her and was only recently ascended to Captain, so she clearly NEEDS A HUGE LOT OF EXPERIENCE before she can be even considered a part of Lion’s Arc council.

#teamEvon

I certianly dont see how Ebon, who literally has only 3 lines of dialog in the entire game, and only one of which is voiced

He has more dialogue than the lines in the cutscene. He is the leading figure of the trading company and you can go talk with him since the beginning of the game in the same place where you get your money and bought items.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

What if Kiel represents Anet and greedy Evon represents Ncsoft?

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Evon just wants us to sink more wasted money into RNG boxes for his profit.

Kiel wants to make it easier for us to explore Tyria and defend its people.

I know who has my vote. #teamKiel

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

^ Exactly, don’t give Evon more power over our TP and so on than he already has!

We don’t need greedy person who controls the economy to run LA

Read Sea of Sorrows, he would be like a Yomm or something ahaha

Kiel! Let’s have justice and righteousness

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Where are people getting the idea of lower waypoints?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Where are people getting the idea of lower waypoints?

Basically some people datamined text from the DAT file that might be from the next update, some of the text mentioned the election and the promises of both candidates. The text said that basically Evon promised reduced prices on the BL keys and the use of the fractals technology to further investigate the motives behind the molten alliance (the molten facility dungeon), while Kiel was promising the reducing of the WP travel prices and the use of the fractals technology to gain further insight into the aetherblade pirates (aetherblade retreat). Also one of the items they found there was a vote coin that presumably will be used to cast your vote.

Of course, as a dev mentioned, just because it’s on the data files isn’t proof that it’ll be like that, it might be older content that either wasn’t developed further, or that has changed dramatically since it was written, but so far datamined contents have been mostly accurate.

That said, VOTE FOR KIEL!!!

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

I’d pick evon. Never played that facility when it was live

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I still think that Kiel is kinda cheating with temporary key sale vs permanent drop in waypoint cost thing since she shouldnt be able to do it via canon… either way i know she is gonna be Kormir.3 (2 being saladmancer who is no longer on tyria it seems since despite leading a massive pact he did nothing vs molten nor ablade).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Fafnir.5124

Based on the data mining i think we should investigate the molten alliance first considering they have a dragon backing them. We might get to face Primortis. Vote EVO.

all this is speculation though

What would be cool if they make the worlds events divide on decisions like this. And ultimately worlds can end based on wrong decisions. Fight the dragons wrong they wipe out cities.

(edited by Fafnir.5124)

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Wait. We have to choose between MF and AR as a fractal?
I was going to vote for Kiel because I want her out of the Living Story, but I like the Molten Facility better, so…
I’m going for Evon, it seems.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Kiel will give us cheaper waypoint costs. That ALONE is enough to vote for her.

Just say no to RNG boxes.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I will laugh hard when Kiel reduces waypoint costs by 1% and rounding up and it’s revealed that Evon would’ve put the keys at 1 gem each and people start raging and want to change their vote from Kiel to Evon but it’s too late and we will all hate Kiel for her lies and have her in the council forever

Anyway, it has been hinted that the datamined texts might be outdated so it’s possible at the end both offers are even. Right now everyone will read “cheaper waypoint” and will go for that without knowing the amount they will be reduced, which clearly makes the election biased and Evon stands no chance.

I will vote based on character and who I think is more prepared to enter the council, so no matter the offer (unless they make it EXTREMELY biased) I will vote for Evon as has accomplished way more than Kiel and has more experience. Kiel was just ascended and all because of our help. Put her in the council and she won’t know what to do.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Fafnir.5124

honestly MF would be better just cause u can get the mines in the beginning and rare orbs worth 50silver now.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I find it funny people think Evon is the superior choice based on nothing more than that he owns the BLTP. Good salesmen do not necessarily make good leaders. Setting up a trading post does not make him Captains Council material.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Danomeon.3201

Danomeon.3201

I hope we get to choose! If so, I’m voting for Evon! Kiel lost my vote when she got stuck in the AR dungeon ;P

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Gabby.3205

honestly MF would be better just cause u can get the mines in the beginning and rare orbs worth 50silver now.

Also, dredges are funny.
And Braham + Rox > Kiel.

Tarnished Coast

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

I find it funny people think Evon is the superior choice based on nothing more than that he owns the BLTP. Good salesmen do not necessarily make good leaders. Setting up a trading post does not make him Captains Council material.

It’s for exactly that reason why I would vote for Evon. Imagine what potential chaos— I mean fun he could bring to the Captain’s Council!

Attachments:

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Kiel has boobs. That decided it for me. :P

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

I want to know how much the waypoints and BL keys will be reduced by so I can make a more informed decision.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Where the heck are people getting info about reduced WP or Black Lion key things? :/

Edit: Ah failed to read the answer higher up.

In that case – Kiel for sure. Black Lion keys are as useful as orrian turds for people that love RNG. WPs everyone uses. Even those that don’t gem shop. They should switch it around and have Kiel reduce the keys and Evon reduce the WPs, then it would be a closer race.

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Lily Miranda.5407

I will laugh hard when Kiel reduces waypoint costs by 1%

1% would still be better than cheaper black lion keys. I will NEVER support RNG boxes bought for gems. If Evon’s bonus was for increased key DROPS from mobs, that might be tempting.

Cheaper waypoints benefit everyone, cheaper RNG boxes only benefit those willing to shell out real cash.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

I will laugh hard when Kiel reduces waypoint costs by 1%

1% would still be better than cheaper black lion keys. I will NEVER support RNG boxes bought for gems. If Evon’s bonus was for increased key DROPS from mobs, that might be tempting.

Cheaper waypoints benefit everyone, cheaper RNG boxes only benefit those willing to shell out real cash.

Don’t forget that cheaper RNG boxes, and the people that will buy them, legitimize their place in the game. We should not do that. Those things are just plain wrong. Real-money pay lotteries for skins should not be promoted.

I feel that a vote for Evon is a vote for those. So as much as I want the return of Molten Facility, I cannot vote for Evon Gnashblade.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Lily Miranda.5407

I bet we’ll get both dungeons back eventually. All this vote will decide regarding dungeons is which one the devs adapt to fit fractals first.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Gabby.3205

I bet we’ll get both dungeons back eventually. All this vote will decide regarding dungeons is which one the devs adapt to fit fractals first.

Seeing how people are disregarding the dungeons and choosing based on the waypoints and black lion keys only, I hope that you win your bet. I really want MF back instead of AR. I liked them both, but the MF had so many funny moments and awesome characters… AR had a really funny moment (the asura’s death), but that’s pretty much it.

Tarnished Coast

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

We learned that from Yom in the SoS book.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Keep in mind that the reduced waypoint cost might be so insignificant, that it doesn’t matter at all. While the MF dungeon on the other hand, has several ore nodes right at the start that can make you a lot of money if farmed repeatedly. Plus of course all the rare recipes and the awesome rocketpack back cover that you can find in there. Evon really has all our bests interests in mind.

Besides, you want these sort of matters handled by a real pirate, and not some uptown lady with zero trade experience.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Keep in mind that the reduced waypoint cost might be so insignificant, that it doesn’t matter at all. While the MF dungeon on the other hand, has several ore nodes right at the start that can make you a lot of money if farmed repeatedly. Plus of course all the rare recipes and the awesome rocketpack back cover that you can find in there. Evon really has all our bests interests in mind.

That posits that they put the Molten Facility in as is and don’t remove the nodes. Which is pretty doubtful.

Also Evon doesn’t have our best interests at mind. Only his bottom line. If he had our best interests at mind he’d sell the stuff directly instead of making us pay our hard-earned gems for a tiny chance at the item we actually want.

Vote for the one that doesn’t want to take all your money. Vote Kiel.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

If this is a Lions arch Council vote… why do we (players) get any vote? From what i understand its a ‘pirate’ oligarchy, so they’d just vote between themselves to replace the lost council member.

The individual promises seem contrived too. How would kiel lower the wp cost? LA (or kiel personally)own them and operate them all? How would she fund that? How would either kiel or evon reopen a dungeon? the only promise that make any sense is the key price as its evon’s own ‘product’.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Joseph Skyrim.2470

… hang on a minute. You mean we pay pirates for the use of waypoints? No wonder they are so expensive (and why they don’t have to go pirating anymore)! Daylight robbery!!! >:(

I say we get in there and kill them all. For FREEDOM!

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Anet make waypoints price and gem store RNG skins. Not these NPC’s.

So send a message to Anet. We don’t want shins in gem store RNG. And we don’t want high priced waypoints (to home cities and within the same zone). By voting for Kiel and against RNG.

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Anet make waypoints price and gem store RNG skins. Not these NPC’s.

So send a message to Anet. We don’t want shins in gem store RNG. And we don’t want high priced waypoints (to home cities and within the same zone). By voting for Kiel and against RNG.

Evon Gnashblade is the in-game face for ANet’s decisions regarding the Trade Post. So that’s our in-game recourse to tell ANet what we think of the lottery boxes.

Down with the lottery boxes. Down with Gnashblade. Kiel for Council!

Kiel vs. Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Gabby.3205

PLOT TWIST:
Peggellegg the “Pirate” wins (“Quaggan is a piwate! Yarr!”).
That’s why she was brought back to the game as a mini.

Tarnished Coast