Rock the Vote

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Isaiah Cartwright

Isaiah Cartwright

Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer

Next

Fellow Evon supporters I know Kiel is ahead but while she has the numbers we have the determination, Join me this Sunday and lets buy, farm and steal every ticket we can and show once and for all that this do-gooder Kiel has no chance.

This aggression will not stand.

This message brought to you by Citizens of Tyira For a Better Tommorrow, Tommorrow.

~Izzy @-’——

(edited by Isaiah Cartwright.8569)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

heh.. sweetness.. FIRST!

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

go Evon, more BL Keys and more RNG’s; gotta pay for this guy’s new car

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Colbert reference? Okay, you sold me. Evon will get as many tokens from me as it takes to get his achievements…not any more though. :P

(edited by Vahkris.6847)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Previous

Isaiah Cartwright

Next

I forgive you for falling to the Influence of Kiel’s trickery and false accusations, she is cunning.

Just try it once vote for Evon and you’ll find your way.

~Izzy @-’——

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

how could she possibly be ahead abbadon will feast on her eyes….

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So which dev is going to start a thread for Kiel? I am assuming there will be once since it might otherwise be seen as confirmation of a predisposed bias.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ReddGamer.1728

ReddGamer.1728

kiel annoys me very much. “we must return this treasure to its rightful owners! the power of the holy light compels me!” like, chill with the lawful-good overkill. 100+ votes for evon so far, and only more to come

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Fellow Evon supporters I know Kiel is ahead but while she has the numbers we have the determination, Join me this Sunday and lets buy, farm and steal every ticket we can and show once and for all that this do-gooder Kiel has no chance.

This message brought to you by Citizens of Tyira For a Better Tommorrow, Tommorrow.

Isn’t it ‘Tyria’, not ‘Tyira’?

I know I know, im just being a pest. thats what raccoons do.

As for votes… well i’m anti RNG so….

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Way to silence the “ArenaNet favors Evon” voices….

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I think this entire thing is beyond dumb. The entire focus of the game with you as the protagonist is that you are a goody twoshoe, I don’t know the spelling for the expression. Now we can support this self-centered, money grubbing character, from a story perspective to make sense, why on Tyria would we?

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I do not support Evon. I support Abaddon. Big difference.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Vote for Evon? No way. He holds a majority of the wealth and power in the land, while we have a chance to actually change tyria with Kiel. Show Evon that you can’t buy your way to the top. We are the 52%.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

Vote for Evon? No way. He holds a majority of the wealth and power in the land, while we have a chance to actually change tyria with Kiel. Show Evon that you can’t buy your way to the top. We are the 52%.

He never bought his way to the top. He stabbed his legionnaire in the neck instead of following her orders of putting the citizens of lions arch “in their place”

Evon is one of those heroes that do it because it’s right not for publicity which Kiel has been doing since the start.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Game developers shouldn’t want to RE-CREATE OLD CONTENT.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

how could she possibly be ahead abbadon will feast on her eyes….

See it on youtube or play GW.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Previous

Isaiah Cartwright

Next

Yes I’m a terrible speller thanks. : )

~Izzy @-’——

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

So, is that first message based on some sort of real statistic or are we just having fun? I’m all for Evon and would like to see some sort of polling record.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Rainbow Sprint.3215

So, is that first message based on some sort of real statistic or are we just having fun? I’m all for Evon and would like to see some sort of polling record.

They posted on facebook it’s 52%-48% leaning Kiel.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

seriously what does random numer generation have to do with evon at all and y do pplc omplain about it in the first place

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Rainbow Sprint.3215

seriously what does random numer generation have to do with evon at all and y do pplc omplain about it in the first place

The only reason to buy black lion keys is to open black lion chests, and the loot they give you is RNG.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Streets.2705

Streets.2705

I vote for Kiel because anyone that gives plunder from a wrecked aetherblade airship back to its rightful owners instead of using it to fund their political campaign is in need of my support.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Just ask yourselves if you really want to elect a fancy cat with a lead designer in his pocket. We’ll just have double up our support for Kiel on SATURDAY.

Brought to you by the people against smelly animals in office.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

52/48 breakdown seems a bit too convenient. I’d bet money that anet probably already know which candidate is going to win and did so by the flip of a coin.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Just ask yourselves if you really want to elect a fancy cat with a lead designer in his pocket. We’ll just have double up our support for Kiel on SATURDAY.

At first I thought this was going to be an unbiased thread given the title and that it was created by a dev. As the OP of this thread shows, it is actually a dev-created thread to promote Evon Gnashblade…which confuses me as there is not a comparable dev-created pro-Kiel thread.

I request that you make your post in its own dev-created, pro-Kiel thread instead of as a sub-comment on a dev-created pro-Evon thread to give the fight for Kiel even footing in this forum.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Streets.2705

Streets.2705

I think I will inform Kiel to meet with representatives of the Necromancer community for campaign support..

XD

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Rainbow Sprint.3215

At first I thought this was going to be an unbiased thread given the title and that it was created by a dev. As the OP of this thread shows, it is actually a dev-created thread to promote Evon Gnashblade…which confuses me as there is not a comparable dev-created pro-Kiel thread.

I request that you make your post in its own dev-created, pro-Kiel thread instead of as a sub-comment on a dev-created pro-Evon thread to give the fight for Kiel even footing in this forum.

Cant devs have opinions? On something that’s out of there hands and they’re put into the hands of the players, they are still players and want to see things in the game.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Cant devs have opinions? On something that’s out of there hands and they’re put into the hands of the players, they are still players and want to see things in the game.

No, they can’t. They are to remain neutral in all matters lest risking the alienation of all or part of the player base. Just Google ‘Horde Favoritism’ for some popular examples of developer bias.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sulist.2408

Sulist.2408

I think the truth of the matter is no matter for who you vote, the spirit of the campaign resides in the people. Who is for the people? For the many? For the shinies? That’s right, Skritt King. Split your votes, let them cancel out, and when they are stuck with a tie, Skritt King will relieve them of their supporter shi—tokens and give voice to the skritt nation at the Council Table. Remember why you became adventurers, why you progressed into deadly territory, to craft those legendary weapons and obtain those sleek skins and crafty clothing. Don’t kid yourself, it’s all for the shinies. For more details, visit this post.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

Whats Tyira?

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Still got lots of tokens to put into Evon’s box. I like Kiel, she’s nice and all that, but Evon just strikes me as more interesting.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

I wish there was a function where you can just dump all your votes at once instead of clicking a million times ._.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Wait… how is Kiel winning?

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Rainbow Sprint.3215

It’s called the vocal minority. Just because certain people are the loudest doesn’t mean they hold the popular opinion.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

i call hax

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think a lot of people might do it the way I’m going to do it: Get a few badges for each one to do all the achivements and keep all the other support tokens you don’t need until the end.

So there might still be big changes in votes… even if one of them is ahead a lot at the moment.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I think that it is close so far becouse people is doing both achievements and they need to vot for both.
This weekend and next week will be the real deal.
My votes will be without doubts to KIEL, and not only on saturday

GO KIEL!

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karlos.2178

Karlos.2178

Finally, the only sane man in the topic!

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

If you ask me, better nerf Bunny Thumpers, lol jk, gogo EVON !

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Submitted almost a full stack of support tokens for Gnashblade already. My theory is that Gnashblade will pull ahead since, in general, the Gnashblade supporters are going to put forth a sustained effort to get the Abaddon fractal whereas many of the Kiel votes are people who like Kiel just because she’s a familiar face and dumped all their votes for her right away and might not continue making a sustained effort to gather support tokens for her.

Please note that that’s just a generalization I’m making and I realize that there are many dedicated Kiel voters who want Thurmanova or just like her as a character, just as there are many voters like myself who think that Gnashblade is more suited for a position on a pirates’ council and don’t necessarily care about the fractal.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Time to buy a stack of tokens.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Even if you vote against him its not like RNG’s going anywhere so its pointless to vote against him for that reason.

AmateurNet

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

What server you on

AmateurNet

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Except, how can we know that his vision of another tomorrow doesn’t include letting the Flame Legion let loose with another Searing?

I just can’t trust the guy.

I’d more be able to trust Rytlock to hand deliver a letter to Logan than trust Gnashblade with more power.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

The only use Evon is, is a rug on my floor and a mount over my fire place. Thanks!

(edited by Meriem.3504)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Enrixce.8471

Enrixce.8471

The reason Kiel is ahead is cus Evons bonus reward isn’t that great as it still makes us use more money. All my friends think that Kiel will reduce WP cost by 50% but im pretty sure it will be 10% max.
I’m only voting for Evon as i think he has better ideas than Kiel. Kiel doesn’t know anything about politics she should stay at the frontlines of the Lionguard as she is now

Lucien Razorbow says Vote for Evon

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Enrixce.8471

Enrixce.8471

People voting for Kiel don’t really care of the future of Lion’s Arch they only care about the reduced WP travel and nothing else

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

the majority of the wealth in the land? what about the queen of kryta?

if anything a wealthy council member = more funding for lions arch and better features as a whole, kiel is just a puppet so that magnus can further his own end

What server you on

does it matter? we’ll beat kiel on EVERY server

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

(edited by Getefix.9150)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

People voting for Kiel don’t really care of the future of Lion’s Arch they only care about the reduced WP travel and nothing else

I vote for Kiel because I care about current GW2 lore. Not some old has been dungeon.

Also to much of the story is revolving around Loin’s Arch.