Rock the Vote

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

What would be hilarious if Kiel wins and she is assasinated, then Evon takes the seat any how =D

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

What would be hilarious if Kiel wins and she is assasinated, then Evon takes the seat any how =D

I have Agent 47’s number. Just give me the word.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If Evon is a good person, he will win. If Evon is evil, he still wins. So might as well vote Evon, because it guarantees Kiel lives!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mr Agony.1632

Mr Agony.1632

What upsets me the most about this whole thing is that Kiel has no credentials and no skills in the area to which she is being elected.
There’s no logic behind electing Kiel, and then they pull the “but Evon is evil” card. Name one thing he has actually done that is “evil”.
If you want Thaumnova thats fine, if not, then why are you voting against good content and a better candidate? Its ridiculous.

Once again, I will give A-net credit where its due. You really gave us a true election.

An Evon Gnashblade supporter on a desperate search for Kiel’s credentials.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

What upsets me the most about this whole thing is that Kiel has no credentials and no skills in the area to which she is being elected.
There’s no logic behind electing Kiel, and then they pull the “but Evon is evil” card. Name one thing he has actually done that is “evil”.
If you want Thaumnova thats fine, if not, then why are you voting against good content and a better candidate? Its ridiculous.

Once again, I will give A-net credit where its due. You really gave us a true election.

Your wisdom knows no bounds. Kiel’s only claim to the seat is “family ties”. Evon has experience!

Vote Evon!

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

So…ye….

Kiels currently winning by 383, 020 votes as of the recent exit pole. GO TEAM KIEL.

KIEL FOR PRESIDENT XD

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Fascinating that the percentages have remained the same. Both sides have kept up the pressure all week.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Your wisdom knows no bounds. Kiel’s only claim to the seat is “family ties”. Evon has experience!

Yeah, experience at conning people out of their money and stabbing his warband leader in the throat. None of that looks good on a resume.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Singer.8740

yup its not over till the fat norn sings as they say.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Yeah, experience at conning people out of their money and stabbing his warband leader in the throat. None of that looks good on a resume.

Aspect Arena doesn’t look good on a resume either…But this might be why she prefers to take Evon’s game if she wins.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sujuro.4096

Sujuro.4096

Put aside the lore and think about what this election means in the long run! Honestly, it is a good possibility we will see the losing fractal sometime in the future anyway!
Voting for Gnashblade is best thing we can do to support Guild Wars 2. Even if you don’t buy keys yourself, others will happily pay the reduced price. Think about steam sales. This increases profit for Anet/NCsoft which translates to an increased budget that will provide a solid foundation for future content! Save a miniscule amount of copper on reduced WP prices for a few weeks, or get better more frequent content for years to come? Vote for Gnashblade says you care about the future of Guild Wars 2.

(edited by Sujuro.4096)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Because Sujoro is clearly inclined to copy-paste that message in multiple places, here is my response and following discussion. Probably not the ideal location, I know, but it’s where I first saw it and it’s better to keep it in one place.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? Here is actually probably a more appropriate place. Thus:

Unfortunately, it’s promoting sales of an RNG mechanic, which I think is bad for Guild Wars 2 in the long run. If it was instead a sale on direct purchases from the gem store, then I could see the argument – and Evon’s position would probably be that much stronger.

It won’t make a difference at all voting for Kiel though. Even if you dislike RNG, there are tons who love it. Kiel winning won’t suddenly make Anet stop selling RNG. So even if you don’t like the RNG system, it is here to stay and we may as well take advantage of the situation to support the game.

Not really. There’s been a lot of outcry about the RNG, and there have been signs that ArenaNet has been moving in response to that (at a glacial pace, but moving nonetheless). If we see a situation like you propose, it’s quite possible that the NCSoft marketers that are pushing it will seize on that as evidence that the outcry is a verbal minority and most people actually LIKE the RNG, and we’re going to get it shoved down our throats more intensely than before, and you can kiss goodbye to the compromises such as having boxes available through means apart from the gem store.

Now, I’m voting based on in-game thinking rather than out-of-game thinking, but if you’re going to vote based on out-of-game thinking such as ‘support ArenaNet’, then you also need to consider the RNG message that voting for a discount on keys, and then having lots of people take advantage of that discount, would send. From my viewpoint, such a message would lead to the game becoming worse in the long run, not better.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

This isnt about what happened in GW1, you need to get your facts straight.
This is about fall of Abaddon, this is about events pre-dating any content you played in the first game.

How is fighting alongside 5 gods to kill a 6th not going to epic?
Pull your heads out of the ground and vote for Evon.

Cause don’t give a flying frig at a rolling donut about pre gw2 lore? And even less about fractals in general? While I may get some slight enjoyment out of finding yet more justification for my hate of asura, little Mengela channeling horrors. Tho I doubt it. Fracs only see me when guildies drag me in. So. Not caring bout fractals, don’t gamble on boxes, leaves, just the WP of any value at all. ching

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Singer.8740

Put aside the lore and think about what this election means in the long run! Honestly, it is a good possibility we will see the losing fractal sometime in the future anyway!
Voting for Gnashblade is best thing we can do to support Guild Wars 2. Even if you don’t buy keys yourself, others will happily pay the reduced price. Think about steam sales. This increases profit for Anet/NCsoft which translates to an increased budget that will provide a solid foundation for future content! Save a miniscule amount of copper on reduced WP prices for a few weeks, or get better more frequent content for years to come? Vote for Gnashblade says you care about the future of Guild Wars 2.

exept the confirmed you wont ever see the other fractal so id much rather have the far more current thaumanova than the outdated fall of abbadon (first time), thank you very much.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Cause don’t give a flying frig at a rolling donut about pre gw2 lore? And even less about fractals in general? While I may get some slight enjoyment out of finding yet more justification for my hate of asura, little Mengela channeling horrors. Tho I doubt it. Fracs only see me when guildies drag me in. So. Not caring bout fractals, don’t gamble on boxes, leaves, just the WP of any value at all. ching

According to your definition, Thaumanova is pre GW2 lore too. What, you think CoE got built in a minute ?

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

The evon guys should be happy that a bad guy, with 0 lore in his back until a few days ago, and a fractal with very old lore around it, have reached to the 48% of the votes.

I guess that you have spend a lot of money on it, because the logic think would be that the winner was the heroine that we know since a lot of months ago, who makes benefits in the wp and who will bring a fractal of something that people recon.

You should be proud to make the impossible, reach to the 48% of the votes.

But don´t make any mistake, you still have to surpass the 383k votes wall and the kiel suporters have a lot more of the votes who are coming, so think bigger on that difference

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

The evon guys should be happy that a bad guy, with 0 lore in his back until a few days ago, and a fractal with very old lore around it, have reached to the 48% of the votes.

I guess that you have spend a lot of money on it, because the logic think would be that the winner was the heroine that we know since a lot of months ago, who makes benefits in the wp and who will bring a fractal of something that people recon.

But don´t make any mistake, you still have to surpass the 383k votes wall and the kiel suporters have a lot more of the votes who are coming, so think bigger on that difference

I just no longer know what to say to the shallow people like you.

Abaddon is the real lore that determined how is GW2 taking shape.

A chance for fractal about him just can’t be described… also for a battle of gods..

On the other hand, yes, it’s pretty unfair as you point it out, that we had months to know Kiel, and they gave her an iWin button with the waypoint costs. Unfair unfair unfair.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

You do realise that there are guilds out there that have saved up literally thousands of tokens ready to vote for Evon and troll the Kiel supporters on the 5th?

I certainly hope the Kiel supporters have been doing the same, as you could potentially look very silly if you are counting your chickens this early.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

You do realise that there are guilds out there that have saved up literally thousands of tokens ready to vote for Evon and troll the Kiel supporters on the 5th?

I certainly hope the Kiel supporters have been doing the same, as you could potentially look very silly if you are counting your chickens this early.

I suspect more than a few players (I would even say “most”) have not bothered making a trip to either of the ballot baskets yet because they don’t want to be bothered with making the trip until the last minute (since ballots are constantly being acquired as loot).

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Hmm well Gnash blade is losing by 4% of 9.5million votes. So all we have to do is gather up 38,000 gold and we can tie it up Better go for 40,000 or 50,000 to get him to win though.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hmm well Gnash blade is losing by 4% of 9.5million votes. So all we have to do is gather up 38,000 gold and we can tie it up Better go for 40,000 or 50,000 to get him to win though.

Don’t forget that you can double your votes for Evon! It’s money well spent!

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Sujuro.4096

Because Sujoro is clearly inclined to copy-paste that message in multiple places, here is my response and following discussion. Probably not the ideal location, I know, but it’s where I first saw it and it’s better to keep it in one place.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? Here is actually probably a more appropriate place. Thus:

Unfortunately, it’s promoting sales of an RNG mechanic, which I think is bad for Guild Wars 2 in the long run. If it was instead a sale on direct purchases from the gem store, then I could see the argument – and Evon’s position would probably be that much stronger.

It won’t make a difference at all voting for Kiel though. Even if you dislike RNG, there are tons who love it. Kiel winning won’t suddenly make Anet stop selling RNG. So even if you don’t like the RNG system, it is here to stay and we may as well take advantage of the situation to support the game.

Not really. There’s been a lot of outcry about the RNG, and there have been signs that ArenaNet has been moving in response to that (at a glacial pace, but moving nonetheless). If we see a situation like you propose, it’s quite possible that the NCSoft marketers that are pushing it will seize on that as evidence that the outcry is a verbal minority and most people actually LIKE the RNG, and we’re going to get it shoved down our throats more intensely than before, and you can kiss goodbye to the compromises such as having boxes available through means apart from the gem store.

Now, I’m voting based on in-game thinking rather than out-of-game thinking, but if you’re going to vote based on out-of-game thinking such as ‘support ArenaNet’, then you also need to consider the RNG message that voting for a discount on keys, and then having lots of people take advantage of that discount, would send. From my viewpoint, such a message would lead to the game becoming worse in the long run, not better.

I don’t see the sense in that possibility Draxinic. Those who denounce RNG will continue to do so. They certainly have some merits in the argument and Anet will continue to try and find a solution regardless of a ‘sale’ bringing in more money. RNG will be around forever, it is part of the foundation of games, but the way it is being delivered and monetized needs reworking, and that will come, but it takes money and time to do so hint hint nudge nudge. They won’t suddenly start ignoring it or even making it worse. Taking advantage of a discount does not translate to a message of support for RNG. Evon winning could not be used as evidence for overwhelming support of RNG, because their were other reasons to vote for him. If their was a poll asking why people voted Evon and a majority said ‘Reduced key price’, then marketing could use it. If you went for the roleplay ‘in-game’ vote, more power to you, I love immersion as much as the next bloke. While I had my own in-game motivations, as some other posts hint at, I decided to vote on out-of-game motivations for a chance to improve the in-game.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Sujuro.4096

exept the confirmed you wont ever see the other fractal so id much rather have the far more current thaumanova than the outdated fall of abbadon (first time), thank you very much.

A few years ago, I’d be inclined to take their word for it, but I found out that once ideas get thrown around, they don’t get thrown away. It may not be exactly as proposed this time, but the odds are quite good we’ll see the content in some form in the future.

Rock the Vote

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

If the bean-counters thought rationally, you’d be right.

In my experience, though, people who see dollar signs spinning in front of their eyes will seize on any excuse, however flimsy, to do what they think will get them those dollars – even in cases where a rational assessment would reveal that they’re better off doing something else.

And in this case, where it’s not clear that backlash against RNG is going to result in more lost income than the money they’re raking in from the dolts who fall for it…

…yeah, I could definitely see the people who pushed RNG boxes into the cash shop in the first place claiming that an Evon win meant that the majority of players liked RNG stuff, especially if it was followed by massive key sales as you suggested.

Now, like I said, I voted for ingame reasons… including taking care to keep the tickets of characters on my account that would vote Gnashblade separate. But if you’re going to vote out-of-game… than the concern of how an Evon win followed by increased key sales would be taken by the NCSoft beancounters is a valid one.

Like I also said, it would be different if it was a general gem shop discount, rather than one specifically on keys.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.