Dragon Bash achievement is still 10?!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

Tbh and we all know this, they wont fix anything, its all about getting you to spend your money in the tp on gems fact. Iam just like all the rest of you waiting for the next set of mmo’s to come out untill then ill have to put up with there incompetence, O and ofc dont forget not to put real money in2 there tp ;D if you want to make them understand stop paying them.

What achievement requires you to spend money on gems?

Was just about to ask the same thing

The ohh Lord conspiracy one!!!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Cornish.8472

Cornish.8472

My post isnt totaly about the gems its about the fact they wont fix the achivement bug, but if you want to make anet start to take notice of your voices you need to hit them where it hurts, you realy think they do this out the goodness of there own hearts?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

All of the new wave of mmos are being pushed out and instead of focusing on content that will be able to compete with them, we get temporary dragged out garbage like this that always ends up being bugged and unfulfilling. Good luck to Anet that’s for sure.
Boy do I miss GW1 right now.

GW1 is still playable

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: KuroiNinja.4729

KuroiNinja.4729

Really? People are getting upset because this thing is bugged? What about playing the game instead of complaining? I have 9 achievements done… I don’t care if I still didn’t get my wings. I’m having fun, and isn’t that what a game is supposed to be about? I don’t understand why people would stop playing the game because of bugs with the monthly release. You paid once for the game, no one is forcing you to pay for gems and you don’t have to pay a monthly fee for playing, so you can take a few bugs… and these conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

If left is right and right is wrong, you better decide which side you’re on.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Still no ETA on this getting fixed? I REALLY want my new wings, been excited about them since they were announced! Can’t wait! XD

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Seriously?

Worst case scenario you wait until the new story achievements tomorrow and get them then. Is it really worth throwing a tantrum over?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Really? People are getting upset because this thing is bugged? What about playing the game instead of complaining? I have 9 achievements done… I don’t care if I still didn’t get my wings. I’m having fun, and isn’t that what a game is supposed to be about? I don’t understand why people would stop playing the game because of bugs with the monthly release. You paid once for the game, no one is forcing you to pay for gems and you don’t have to pay a monthly fee for playing, so you can take a few bugs… and these conspiracy theories are ridiculous.

Do you not see the irony in you complaining about people complaining?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

What Danikat said… really.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Do you not see the irony in you complaining about people complaining?

^This

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

There seems to be an echo.

Deja vu, anyone?

Ah well, maybe this’ll get fixed soon.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: arrOws.9102

arrOws.9102

dragon bash achievements : 9 k gimme my wings pls kthx bye

Thief / Guardian – Maguuma
Leader of [aZn] – Halo / Kawai

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

ANet, if you don’t give me my wings this very minute, then…….I’m going back to WoW! And I’ve never even played that game. (Stomps feet)

sigh it’s been a whole minute since I threatened to leave, and no wings.

(Slinks back to Guild Wars 2 and starts playing again)

^^

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: skimonster.7560

skimonster.7560

I was under the impression that the dragon ball acheivments were not included in the over achievment to get the wings, and if my math is correct that means we all have to wait untill the next part of the story comes out. i have all of the pve achievments up to now.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I was under the impression that the dragon ball acheivments were not included in the over achievment to get the wings, and if my math is correct that means we all have to wait untill the next part of the story comes out. i have all of the pve achievments up to now.

What’s currently ruffling feathers is that without the Dragon Ball achievements you can get 8 or more. So if the patch had actually lowered the number required from 10 to 8 folks would have these wings already. But for now, yeah, everyone’ll just have to wait another day or so to complete the little snippets of story that are released.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Achievements

From the patch notes…

A new Dragon Bash category has been added for achievements involving the Dragon Bash festivities.
The Dragon Bash Experience meta-achievement will reward a set of Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings back item skin for players who have completed 10 out of the 14 total Dragon Bash achievements (Case Closed not included).
Fourteen new Dragon Bash festival achievements have been added. Please note that The Big Boom in the Big City, Case Closed, the Ceremony and Acrimony achievement line, and Burn Down The Dragons cannot be completed until additional Dragon Bash content is unlocked at a later time.

While I have no vested interest in this either way, I just wanted to provide the information given where they specifically listed the achievements which did ‘not’ count towards the meta originally. That did not include the bash participations and wins.

There is a patch note that then said they’d cut the requirement from 10 to 8, rather than trying to get those two bash ones working again. This apparently did not work either.

So they were, then there was an attempt to make them not by lowering the total, which was then also sacked by those who were subsequently sacked.

I’m at 8 now. I should be done, but come Thursday, I’ll be done regardless. Unless a ‘new’ bug is introduced where you get 10, even though you only need 8, because it’s still stuck on 10, but then the little chest shows closed and you don’t get the item.

Which ‘should’ happen, if we want to adhere to the comedy rule of three.

It’ll all get to where it needs to go sooner or later.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Probably bug not surprised Anet rarely tests stuff

You are giving them too much credit. They NEVER test the things that they end up implementing into the game.

They make as much content as possible in the shortest amount of time, stuff it into the game, let us break it and find all the bugs, then the stuff gets fixed in the next patch.

This allows ANet to focus on the gemstore monopoly.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pro Creator.2937

Pro Creator.2937

Customer Service. What does that mean? I can tell you when my food comes late or is missing a key component, I address it with management. Good Customer service people give you something extra to compensate you for your trouble VICE saying nothing and never coming back. I had a bad experience ordering online with Chipotle. I complained to the manager and he blew me off, so I complained on their website. The website sent me 5 free meal tickets and “had a talk” with the store manager. That is customer service. Compensate for the loss/delay AND fix the issue.

OBTW, I spent almost a gold scrambling around to finish my 8th achievement so I could get my wings tonight, only to find it was bugged and I could have walked and taken my sweet time getting there rather than blowing silver on each over priced WP hop.

Think you can refund my transit fees for today? How about half? Fingers crossed, breath held.

Sun Tzu never played GW
USASOC

(edited by Pro Creator.2937)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Pro Creator.2937

Pro Creator.2937

Sometimes you just have to grab an arm full of lumber and a pocket full of nails and walk out into the ocean and build the boat as you sail along, right?

Sun Tzu never played GW
USASOC

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

7 hours later. Any change or update? I get texts from GW2 twitter but I doubt they’d even bother for hotfix like this.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mankini.5896

Mankini.5896

Loving their speedy hotfixes…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I wouldn’t mind so much if they would put a notice up on the forum front page about it, like they have done with some of their other communication errors. I guess if you didn’t read the forums ever you would just assume you need ten…(though I don’t think there’s an in-game way of telling that the dragon ball achievements don’t count towards the meta?) The fact that they haven’t makes me hope that they are fixing the issue soon. But I did make sure to get the 9th achievement, just in case 10 are available before they patch it to 8. P :

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

still nothing T___T

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

This is just a minor bug, what some of you guys are saying is just ignorant and illogical.

some thing like “Yeah, this is ridiculous.”
“Probably bug not surprised Anet rarely tests stuff”
“Anet … Pathetic …”
just for a bug like this.
these comments are like the most idiotic comments ive ever see for ages, like you guys never played any games or any MMOs.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BonesAndHubris.3895

BonesAndHubris.3895

They’re not going to release a patch just for this. It’s annoying, but not game breaking. 40mb to download a new exe isn’t much for us, but that’s still server resources for them that they can’t really justify not consolidating this fix with the next patch, which will be tomorrow. I think their quality assurance needs more work with these patches to prevent this sort of thing, but I understand and accept that it would be a waste of resources to patch JUST this when a patch is coming tomorrow.

I am an adult, I am capable of being patient, and I do not mind waiting for my shiny blue wings because I realize that I will still get them. Instead of flipping kitten over things like this, how about we provide feedback that will actually help them fix the core mechanics of the meta/game?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Lighter the thing is all somebody had to do in the code was literally change the 10 to an 8. That’s it. It’s not magic voodoo, it’s 1 integer. The fact that they didn’t might even mean they changed some OTHER 10 to an 8 somewhere.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

please fix this… i’ve spent serious gold in preparation for these wings : shiver sea dye, glaacial sea dye, white dye and new t3 items… thats into 3 digits.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Anet’s fix: ignore the issue, make people have to wait longer.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

Anet’s fix: ignore the issue, make people have to wait longer.

wait as long as possible to draw more people to the gold sink moa racing. man i hate gambling >,<

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

People just calm down. Who cares if its 8 or 10? I’m at 9/10 and even if it doesn’t get fixed, will still get my wings tomorrow regardless.

Just go sit in a corner and do what you normally would do and forget about the achievement, its not going anywhere and the event still has many more days left in it.. Jeeze you guys are so impatient.. >.>

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Li Kin.9806

Li Kin.9806

I understand about bugs, and I do hope they fix it soon. I work 14 hour shifts the next two days and I dont know if I will be able to log in just to get the last acheivment. This is the first reward that I have really wanted. Not to mention the hours I spent getting the two for Dragonball, dealing with AFK’ers and uneven teams only to not have them count.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I’m starting to think ArenaNet simply doesn’t have enough people to implement this game in the way that we/they envisioned.

Frankly I feel sorry for them. I think the people that are there and are trying, are embarrassed that they can’t develop this game the way that was promised.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

You guys can talk about “oh just be patient” we’ll that’s a little irrelevant. I’m lucky I have the week off, but I feel bad for anyone who took off today to get an in game item they really like before going on trip. Or before getting swamped with a large upcoming project especially when the entire endgame is about aesthetics. People lose out because of miss information and over all poor communication.

I can sympathize with A-net and to be completely fair they have other things to do, prob setting up more unfinished sections of the event for this weekend. However It’s not the first time there has been some kind of let down in this fashion.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Again its the lack of communication.

- storyline achievements should not be given out at the beginning of a new chapter. “Oh look I know exactly what’s going to happen before its even started” thanks to achievement heading and description. Just insert a placeholder with a nondescript heading. e.g “storyachievement” – will be available 19th June. Then replace it with the correct achievement heading and description on the 19th.

- inform players which achievements count towards chest rewards

- and on chest rewards tell players when the achievement will be able to be completed to stop all this whining.

at the moment there is too much guess work on chest rewards and too much information given out on the storyline. Give people dates/times/locations… I see too many people asking when is this starting, when can we do that? where is it? so many confused people. The map discussion should be about who are the aetherblade, not when is this achievement available.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

While I am in complete agreement with those who say the whining is, frankly, silly. I do think that this chapter in GW2’s history has been completely over run with communication issues. From the still ongoing achievement total issue to the still ongoing debate about the Dragon Ball achievements to the dates for the event itself to the lack of clarity on the fireworks events to who knows what else will still be coming. Every ANet staffer seems to be giving out different information and that information, in some cases, has dumped some real problems into the collective lap of the playerbase.

They seriously need to go back to the drawing board on how get their stories straight and how to effectively communicate with their players.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

While I am in complete agreement with those who say the whining is, frankly, silly. I do think that this chapter in GW2’s history has been completely over run with communication issues. From the still ongoing achievement total issue to the still ongoing debate about the Dragon Ball achievements to the dates for the event itself to the lack of clarity on the fireworks events to who knows what else will still be coming. Every ANet staffer seems to be giving out different information and that information, in some cases, has dumped some real problems into the collective lap of the playerbase.

They seriously need to go back to the drawing board on how get their stories straight and how to effectively communicate with their players.

I up-voted this, Strider.

Bugs happen, patches get glitchy, I get it, and I think most of the playerbase does too. However, there is some truly sloppy stuff going on that can be smoothed over with direct communication.

I’m seeing folks ask the same questions over and over again. Why are my DB achievements not counting? Are the fireworks still going? Why am I not getting my wings, patch says my 8 achievements are enough! I stopped over in the Bug forums this evening, and I couldn’t get over how many people asked the same thing time and again. Maybe an in-game message upon login stating Anet is aware of the issues, maybe a message on the login screen, I don’t know, but there needs to be more communication and the Anet folks really need to get on the same page before giving conflicting information. I bet it’d go a long way in regards to how the playerbase reacts when there are issues.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

in Dragon Bash

Astral Projections.7320

Oh man, I agree so bad. It’s like, communication wise, they’ve developed butterfingers. The things they need to say get fumbled time and again. They need to revamp how they communicate to the players.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lauranda.1342

Lauranda.1342

Comm would be great…but the bottom line is that many people have now done 10-11 achievements and still do not have wings.

This is an MMO…in the end, it is all about gear (or in GW2’s case…skins). Most people don’t care about the event itself…they just want the goodies, so they can go back to the parts of the base game they enjoy.

in Dragon Bash

Astral Projections.7320

So they were, then there was an attempt to make them not by lowering the total, which was then also sacked by those who were subsequently sacked.

A moose once bit my sister.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

Anet remind me of politicians.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

So much whining. You’d get less from a room full okittendergarteners with too few toys to go around.

edit: haha, 2 points if you can guess why that got kitten-masked…sheesh.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: MaideN.3284

MaideN.3284

i really don’t mind the achievement being 10.. no point in rushing these things.. we get to 10 and we get a reward for it. if you’re too impatient to wait you can always go to PvP locker and preview the kitten out of it XD

P.S.:
does it involve the letter “f” and maybe “k”? i bet you could also find “i” and “n” in there too
GIMME MY 2 POINTS!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: deadlift.7681

deadlift.7681

Hi everyone,

We’re aware of this behavior for the Dragon Bash meta-achievement and are looking into it. Unfortunately, as it is not related to the gem store, A-Net does not care.

Thanks for the heads up!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Meanwhile why dont you just finish the 2 story stuff. The first one was like 5 minute. The 2nd comes today. + Burn those effingies. Better then sitting and wait for the fix.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Skorksis.2895

Skorksis.2895

Tbh and we all know this, they wont fix anything, its all about getting you to spend your money in the tp on gems fact. Iam just like all the rest of you waiting for the next set of mmo’s to come out untill then ill have to put up with there incompetence, O and ofc dont forget not to put real money in2 there tp ;D if you want to make them understand stop paying them.

Rich Dragon Coffers, Moa bird Racing and a few other items. You really didn’t thing at 80% of the people moan bird racing or getting RICH dragon coffers earned there gold the hard way did you?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I dont really see why people are moaning about moa racing. I got my achievement in 9 race and ended up with +2 gold. First i kept betting on the first moa till it won a race, then the 2nd till it won, then back to the first one.

Also i ve heard some1 kept betting on the same one and got the achievement with extra cash as well. Dont forget to turn in your bags u receive. Thats all.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

Rich Dragon Coffers, Moa bird Racing and a few other items. You really didn’t thing at 80% of the people moan bird racing or getting RICH dragon coffers earned there gold the hard way did you?

Opening rich dragon coffers is an achievement???? Moa racing takes 20-30 min and max 10g to complete…..

Also sweets are 8 copper a piece…. soooo whats the problem???

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Seriously?

Worst case scenario you wait until the new story achievements tomorrow and get them then. Is it really worth throwing a tantrum over?

This. So much this.

Dear god, people are loosing their minds over the most insignificant kitten these days.

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

OBTW, I spent almost a gold scrambling around to finish my 8th achievement so I could get my wings tonight, only to find it was bugged and I could have walked and taken my sweet time getting there rather than blowing silver on each over priced WP hop.

Think you can refund my transit fees for today? How about half? Fingers crossed, breath held.

Using Waypoints is the pleasure of “rich” (lul) people. You could have ran around for them. What’s the rush?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: wakaymark.6034

wakaymark.6034

and no fix was given that day

Saul Dovah [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

These people remind me of the 3 year old whiners rolling on the floor screaming that they can’t get the new toy a day before Christmas. JUST WAIT. You will get it, just like everyone else.

Maybe you should take a day off from the game, it is getting too cereal.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg