Compensation for getting reset to level 30?

in Fractured

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Just reading this thread through, and thought I’d share my view.

I really enjoy fractals and progression, however I did not do fractals when you could use res orbs or pet res on maw, and not knowing anyone above 50 my progression was capped there. I don’t think either of these were ‘exploits’ in the negative ban-able sense, but they certainly were not intended to be used, fractals was supposed to be hard capped by agony at 50.

I instead leveled alts. Do I think that I should be compensated for my level on most of my characters being reduced from 49 to 30? No.

Why?

I didn’t play the game for rewards, I genuinely enjoy fractals as content (if you didn’t why were you playing them?!), the fact that ANet are putting any time and effort into improving fractals and adding new mechanics is more than reward enough for me, I’m sure to be playing 100s more hours in fractals, and many fractal 50 runs in the future.

The many hours of fun with friends was, and is awesome, at the end of the day it’s a game. In my opinion if you are playing the game for rewards which will probably be gone in the next 5 years I think you’ve missed the point of gaming.

Yes it is lot’s of fun playing and leveling with friends. And yes, you make a sacrifice entering fractals with a new character and getting much lower rewards 50 times, until you reach your main. It is a hard work and lots of dedication to make that second, third, fourth character, and it pains me seeing that now everyone gets to do that for free. Is it that surprising that people want to be compensated for that?

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Man please tell Anet they shouldnn’t give all These revive orbs in the achievment chest and remove em from the trading post because if you use em you get Dhuuumed only gw1 Player will get this sooo I tell it to you … after pressing a revive orb a pirate ghost Comes and will instant ban you … this is because anet considers revive orbs an exploit!

Just because Anet hasn’t fixed the issue doesn’t mean it’s not an exploit.
You sound like the people who exploited the cheap karma gear from an NPC with the launch of the game. ‘’But it’s a legit way, I just bought it from a merchant’’.

It’s obvious you are not supposed to do it. It was explicitely expressed you weren’t supposed to. Finding ways around it does not make it non-exploiting.
It’s a non-discussion, yet you still seem to want to discuss it.

what made it obvious to not Level in an infinite lvl dungeon? tell me 1 Thing ? you know it know back than ppl just didn’t know plain and simple so don’t blame em I even asked anet in a thread when I hit 80 if we we’re supposed to get there there is no answer…soo.. don’t blame us for anything

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: NeX.4752

NeX.4752

The point was that people spent time getting their characters to a level to then enjoy it at that level. The leveling is the sucky part. Getting a character up to 50 isn’t that much of a joy to a lot of people, but doing level 48 fractals is. At least to me it is.

Even being reset the 20 levels myself feels like a kick in the groin.

Yes it is lot’s of fun playing and leveling with friends. And yes, you make a sacrifice entering fractals with a new character and getting much lower rewards 50 times, until you reach your main. It is a hard work and lots of dedication to make that second, third, fourth character, and it pains me seeing that now everyone gets to do that for free. Is it that surprising that people want to be compensated for that?

That’s a shame, I really enjoyed that part Each to their own and I respect the fact you are upset about it.

I never saw entering a low level fractals as a sacrifice, the rewards were pretty low regardless. I think that’s where our views differ, I never saw playing fractals as work or dedication, it was just fun with friends and what levels we did or rewards we got didn’t matter, I did many low level runs with my guild as well, most were funny and rage worthy but fun none the less.

I do hope you have more fun leveling up from 30-50 in the new fractals with the new mechanics. I know I will be

Just be be clear this is not specifically aimed at this thread or yourselves.

I’m not naive enough to say that I wouldn’t take compensation like a weapons chest or something for each character over 30 but people are generalizing all the players that have 49+ personal levels saying they are upset.

I’m just putting out the other side where actually I’m not upset about it, this was just the first thread I found voicing it, in fact I’m exceedingly excited about the new fractals, and the changes that they are making are a massive step in the right direction.

Ilyr/Mio/Hinako

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

what made it obvious to not Level in an infinite lvl dungeon? tell me 1 Thing ? you know it know back than ppl just didn’t know plain and simple so don’t blame em I even asked anet in a thread when I hit 80 if we we’re supposed to get there there is no answer…soo.. don’t blame us for anything

If you need to go out of your ways to finish a part of the game (i.e. teleportation gun / revive orb / etc) then you’re not supposed to do it.

Pretty simple to me.

in Fractured

Posted by: Bloody Rhapsody.3810

Bloody Rhapsody.3810

I am not a fan of FotM (my highest FotM level is <15) but I do think compensation for the level reset is needed because you spent lots of time and effort for it. They shouldn’t reset anyone’s progress without any compensation.

For those who don’t understand the issue or think that compensation is not needed, just imagine one day your PvE/PvP/WvW level get reset simply because of some living story update. How would you feel? Can you still trust this game? On the other hand, if they do give compensation, you know they acknowledge players’ effort and you can confidently dedicate your time and effort in this game.

For the compensation, I would suggest rewarding hidden achievements with titles for you to show off your accomplishment, maybe one for reaching 50 and one for getting more than 1 characters to 30. Achievement chests would also be good but optional in my opinion. Afterall, you do all these for personal satisfaction instead of concrete reward.

I hope that some developers will read this thread and give some official response soon. Well, maybe they planned some kind of compensation but forgot to announce it?

Thanks for reading.

in Fractured

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’m sure some would argue that the fun of playing Fractals was reward enough? If you weren’t having fun, why are you even doing it, it’s just work at that point.

What I do think would be fair, and pretty awesome, is that those that made it to FoTM80 got an exclusive title. Maybe those that made it to FoTM 50 also got a title, but just a less presitigous title. " Fractals of the Mist Expert" vs “Fractals of the Mist Dominator” something like that.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

I’m sure some would argue that the fun of playing Fractals was reward enough? If you weren’t having fun, why are you even doing it, it’s just work at that point.

What I do think would be fair, and pretty awesome, is that those that made it to FoTM80 got an exclusive title. Maybe those that made it to FoTM 50 also got a title, but just a less presitigous title. " Fractals of the Mist Expert" vs “Fractals of the Mist Dominator” something like that.

I sincerely hope people won’t be rewarded for exploiting.

Doing fractals was indeed fun.
Leveling fractals wasn’t.

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If they let you directly to 50 right now, you’d be able to skip all the different unique instabilities from 31 to 49. And you’ll be confronted with new mechanics that may have been built in previous levels, all in one go. Then you’ll have the forums filled with complains about excessive difficulty that you won’t get as much with players that are busy learning to counter the instabilities, the new map mechanics and skills monsters have.

After the update, those who can start instances in level 50 will be those who were able to complete at least some of the previous instabilities. And at least one person will have to make them all. As it’s impossible to skip levels without someone unlocking them first.

You are losing levels unlocked, but not the way you think.
You are not being pushed back from content that still exists. Content is being replaced by new stuff, so everyone is losing those. Both those who got there and those who didn’t. Now no one will ever get to those levels.
The old level 50 is incomparable to the new level 50, so “credit” can’t be transferred.

You may think you’ve lost time invested getting up there, but you did got rewards in the process, you won’t be losing the shinnies you got with your time.
This also shakes the divide between higher and low level players during the first days, as the starting line is pushed back.
Things have to be shaken a bit once in a while, snowglobes don’t look as cool when there’s no snow falling.
In some time, low skill players will settle in lower levels and slowly try to go up, and high skill players go up to 50 quicker, and you may not even remember this.

[…]

If it pains you to see hassles being removed and other players being able to enjoy the game better, I’m afraid I can’t sympathize with your thinking.

You had your time, you had your fun. Now there’s new stuff. Why not enjoy the new stuff and let them kids enjoy the old stuff? Would you rather keep parts of the content constantly out of reach to portions of the playerbase? Old, bad, annoying mechanics always old, bad and annoying? All improvements halted?

That makes no sense to me.

By making the level account wide, people who have several characters can play with the characters they want to play. And the only limit is in their agony resistance in that character against the unavoidable agony. Characters you geared will keep their gear and agony resistance. And you will still have to gear any more characters you plan to get to higher level fractals. That won’t change.

So all in all it’s a good change.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

it pains me to see double standards:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/where-do-i-sell-my-23-unlimited-gather-tools/page/2#post3232618

p.S. and no i didn t file any refund despite i could.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

MithranArkanere.8957

As I said before, I am looking forward to the new update and to do the new levels with my friends. I welcome the change and am sure that there will be many improvements to the fractals. However, an year’s worth of progress should not be reset with nothing to show for. The more I think of it, I believe that anyone who has reached level 48 in the current conditions, should be given a unique item, title, mini, whatever Anet deems appropriate.

As for the multiple characters leveling: I do not want other players to “suffer” what I and many others went through. What I consider fair is a token of recognition that I did something difficult and costly, which everyone will now be able to enjoy without the minimal effort. I don’t want people to be kept out of the content, they never were as everyone with a level 80 character could start progressing there. And I don’t see why rewarding this additional progress should be so hard to comprehend.

in Fractured

MithranArkanere.8957

it pains me to see double standards:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/where-do-i-sell-my-23-unlimited-gather-tools/page/2#post3232618

p.S. and no i didn t file any refund despite i could.

Well, they do pay for the gathering tools. Nobody paid any extra price for extra levels. In fact, they got paid in the form of shinnies from completing those extra levels.

They can’t give those players that got to higher levels anything exclusive, because they didn’t warn beforehand anything like this would happen. Some players would have gotten to higher levels if they knew they would be getting some Jade elemental miniature or a title something for doing so. It won’t be fair for them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

rez orbs/trasmutation crystals are TP items.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: Bloody Rhapsody.3810

Bloody Rhapsody.3810

[…]
If it pains you to see hassles being removed and other players being able to enjoy the game better, I’m afraid I can’t sympathize with your thinking.
You had your time, you had your fun. Now there’s new stuff. Why not enjoy the new stuff and let them kids enjoy the old stuff? Would you rather keep parts of the content constantly out of reach to portions of the playerbase? Old, bad, annoying mechanics always old, bad and annoying? All improvements halted?
That makes no sense to me.
By making the level account wide, people who have several characters can play with the characters they want to play. And the only limit is in their agony resistance in that character against the unavoidable agony. Characters you geared will keep their gear and agony resistance. And you will still have to gear any more characters you plan to get to higher level fractals. That won’t change.
So all in all it’s a good change.

I think we are not saying that the changes are bad and shouldn’t happen. We are concerning about the implementation of the level reset, which should be done with care in my opinion.

For the “fun is reward” argument, I think the reward, the accomplishment and the progress are all essential parts of the fun. Otherwise, we don’t need any kinds of reward system in any games. Of course, the level reset cannot take away the fun you had, but it can make leveling meaningless and not fun anymore because you know your level can get reset anytime they release new updates. And this is why I am concerned.

Once again, I use this example. One day, you are told that your PvE/PvP/WvW or even your gold will get reset without any compensation simply because there will be some changes to the leveling curve or whatever. Do you think it is acceptable?

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

They can’t give those players that got to higher levels anything exclusive, because they didn’t warn beforehand anything like this would happen. Some players would have gotten to higher levels if they knew they would be getting some Jade elemental miniature or a title something for doing so. It won’t be fair for them.

We are talking here about a compensation for lost progress and achievement, not a reward for getting to a high level. The players that decided to remain on the lower levels had a year to attempt to progress but chose not to do so. Hence the ones that did progress, should not be deprived of a compensation just because someone may feel left out.

(edited by IceVyper.6810)

in Fractured

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

2) The ones that made it to 80

Some people did not stop at 50, and wanted to challenge themselves even more, search for the limit and find it at lvl 80. Up until now, the highest measure of skill in this game has been being able to solo Lupi or do fractals lvl 80. The most hardcore guilds use this as a requirement for recruitment. Sadly, what everyone who has never tried those levels focuses on is: they were not supposed to do it, they were exploiting. What they do not seem to see is that beating the agony at some final boss is the least important thing. At those levels the challenge lies in surving mobs that one shot you, with no room for error. Having to perfectly dodge every agony shot from the boss because no amount of AR can save you. Even the easiest fractal takes a lot of time and effort, so saying that being able to play lvl 80 is not an accomplishment is completely disrespectful to those players.

None of them did so for monetary rewards, they did so for personal challenge, for glory and because it is fun. Now that this is being taken away, they feel cheated. Not only because they have to level back from 30, this is easily done. But because there is no guarantee that this hard content will be accessible again. They do not want 5 gold per resetted level. What would make them happy will be a one time special skin, a title or maybe a unique mini, unobtainable in any other way. They just want something to show for their accomplishment.

LOL no. As someone who has done thousands of Fractals (with and without PUGs) and has leveled well beyond 50, I can honestly say this is complete and utter BS.

We leveled beyond 50 because we wanted a jump start on the “new” rewards whenever they became available. We wanted some obscure sense of “prestige” that comes with flaunting a high level personal reward. End of story.

There should be no compensatory reward for people who made a conscious decision to waste their own time grinding past 50. I knew on my FIRST 50+ run using Revive Orbs that Anet didn’t intend for us to progress anymore. And you want a reward for that? Are you kidding?

We understood the risks advancing with revive orbs. The risks were: They don’t want us advancing; this could backfire. We did it anyway. Most of us thought, “Hey, one day they’ll open these up, and we’ll have the advantage.” We were betting on that being the case. Like any bet, there was a risk of loss. And we lost. But you don’t demand your time and money back after you lose a bet, nor do you demand some kinda of repayment for the lost time and money.

This is honestly the most ridiculous entitlement whine I’ve ever seen in a game. You knew Fractals were intended to cap at 50. You knew that when we devised a loophole to go beyond. Knowing that, you MUST have known there was a risk that advancing anyway wouldn’t pay off—that Anet would change plans and Fractals wouldn’t progress the way you expected. This is an MMO and things change.

We made our bets. We lost.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

LOL no. As someone who has done thousands of Fractals (with and without PUGs) and has leveled well beyond 50, I can honestly say this is complete and utter BS.

We leveled beyond 50 because we wanted a jump start on the “new” rewards whenever they became available. We wanted some obscure sense of “prestige” that comes with flaunting a high level personal reward. End of story.

There should be no compensatory reward for people who made a conscious decision to waste their own time grinding past 50. I knew on my FIRST 50+ run using Revive Orbs that Anet didn’t intend for us to progress anymore. And you want a reward for that? Are you kidding?

We understood the risks advancing with revive orbs. The risks were: They don’t want us advancing; this could backfire. We did it anyway. Most of us thought, “Hey, one day they’ll open these up, and we’ll have the advantage.” We were betting on that being the case. Like any bet, there was a risk of loss. And we lost. But you don’t demand your time and money back after you lose a bet, nor do you demand some kinda of repayment for the lost time and money.

This is honestly the most ridiculous entitlement whine I’ve ever seen in a game. You knew Fractals were intended to cap at 50. You knew that when we devised a loophole to go beyond. Knowing that, you MUST have known there was a risk that advancing anyway wouldn’t pay off—that Anet would change plans and Fractals wouldn’t progress the way you expected. This is an MMO and things change.

Just because you did it does not mean that everyone else did so for the same reasons. And if you had read the entire post you would have understood that I am simply stating 3 different reasons for people to be upset and explaining them. Personally I could care less if the ones that went beyond level 50 get a special compensation or whatever. I stopped at 50 and leveled alts instead. How is that a risk and how is having several high level characters giving you advantage over others?

I actually went out of my way to defend people like you, while everyone else is calling you exploiters and openly enjoying you being screwed over. What is BS is your attitude and you assuming that everyone has the same opinion as you.

in Fractured

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

The compensation comes in form of New Content. I had two characters at 48, now it will be one account at 30. Does it matter? Not really, I will still play the game as I chose to play it; that will remain unaffected.

Teh Ouchies

in Fractured

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I don’t know how they would be able to differentiate between those that progressed through exploits and those that didn’t. I know I was able to progress decently fast because I would reload FoTM until I got the swamp fractal as first fractal. Typically if you start with Swamp you will get quick ones that follow as well. Would this be considered an exploit? I’ve never gone above FoTM 30 though so I’m unaffected by these changes.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Fractured

Posted by: jaimep.8037

jaimep.8037

I remember putting in the time and working my butt off to the Field Marshal rank in World of Warcraft then they made the change where anyone who spent time in PvP would get marks and could get the armor and weapons that were originally for a privileged few. I was upset but I kept playing. I switched to raiding, got in with a good raiding guild into Burning Crusade attained weapons that the average players did not get and felt “up there” when people would ask me where I got my weapon. Then they released new expansions. My cool upper level armor and weapons were less than the green level quest items. I was upset but I kept playing. You will all probably do the same. You’ll keep playing. Welcome to MMO life. There are complaints when not enough change happens. There are complaints when change happens… Don’t you get tired of it all? The forums are littered with the back and forth over every little thing.

I just game now. I’ve been gaming for some time. Just game. Learn it early I guess. It’ll make your gaming life easier. Changes always come.

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

Just because you did it does not mean that everyone else did so for the same reasons. And if you had read the entire post you would have understood that I am simply stating 3 different reasons for people to be upset and explaining them. Personally I could care less if the ones that went beyond level 50 get a special compensation or whatever. I stopped at 50 and leveled alts instead. How is that a risk and how is having several high level characters giving you advantage over others?

I actually went out of my way to defend people like you, while everyone else is calling you exploiters and openly enjoying you being screwed over. What is BS is your attitude and you assuming that everyone has the same opinion as you.

Notice that I didn’t address the alts issue. I think Anet should have given us far more warning that Fractals were going to be made account wide to assuage the problem of people leveling alts through Fractals.

I don’t need you to “defend people like [me].” I can do that myself. This is an MMO and things change all the time. Things change and classes are broken and weapons and armor become 2nd tier and people get mad because they feel they wasted their time. This is not new to the MMO genre. If you don’t like it, don’t play. But don’t beg and plead for a hand out.

in Fractured

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

There’s no “insert coin” in fractals.

Tranmutation crystals are not required to do complete in content the game. They can be an expensive hassle specially for those with multiple characters, but never required.

Same with resurrection orbs or repair canisters. If you are using resurrection orbs and repair canisters, that only means you weren’t skilled enough to stay alive, can’t find decent parties, or maybe that you have constant lag problems, in which case it’s probably also a problem in your end. It may not be your fault, but it’s still probably in your end.

Your fault or not, if you needed repair canisters and resurrection orbs to endure levels between 30 and 50, they where too high for you, and you were basically paying with them to stay in those levels for whatever reason you wanted to be there. They are one-times item that let you go on playing, not something that guarantees progress and future rewards.

As for levels above 50, any compensation would not be for losing the levels, but for not explaining properly in-game that you were not supposed to get to those levels.
But as those who did them where doing them even though they were not supposed to, so you could say ANet’s “compensation” will be letting that one go.
Anet won’t ban them for letting other players in higher level fractals they are not supposed to enter, and players should forgive them for not letting them know they were not supposed to be there more clearly. Guilt from both sides nullify each other, so to speak.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

Notice that I didn’t address the alts issue. I think Anet should have given us far more warning that Fractals were going to be made account wide to assuage the problem of people leveling alts through Fractals.

I don’t need you to “defend people like [me].” I can do that myself. This is an MMO and things change all the time. Things change and classes are broken and weapons and armor become 2nd tier and people get mad because they feel they wasted their time. This is not new to the MMO genre. If you don’t like it, don’t play. But don’t beg and plead for a hand out.

Nobody is pleading nor begging for a handout but asking for a compensation for lost progress. There is a big difference but apparently you cannot see it.

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

Nobody is pleading nor begging for a handout but asking for a compensation for lost progress. There is a big difference but apparently you cannot see it.

You need to realize that it’s a silly request. Even if they did give some sort of reward, half of the players would still demand a better one. A title? Prepare yourself for posts like, “I didn’t spend hundreds of hours leveling to 48 for a stupid title! Rabble rabble rabble free ascended chest rabble rabble.”

And that’s why Anet shouldn’t cave here. This is a silly knee-jerk reaction from players who are, frankly, completely overreacting here. 30 to 48 isn’t a big deal. If you run Fractals, it will happen naturally and before you know it.

The people who are really mad about the changes are the ones who are losing 50+ progress. But we shouldn’t have sympathy for them. They should have known the Rez Orbs weren’t exactly kosher, and there was a risk of that not paying off.

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

I don’t know how they would be able to differentiate between those that progressed through exploits and those that didn’t. I know I was able to progress decently fast because I would reload FoTM until I got the swamp fractal as first fractal. Typically if you start with Swamp you will get quick ones that follow as well. Would this be considered an exploit? I’ve never gone above FoTM 30 though so I’m unaffected by these changes.

Quick ones to follow is random luck, so that argument is invalid.

Restarting fractals is exactly what it is. It’s not exploiting to restart something.
I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

And if you don’t get why they would differentiate between legit people and exploiters… then I can’t help you at all.

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

You need to realize that it’s a silly request. Even if they did give some sort of reward, half of the players would still demand a better one. A title? Prepare yourself for posts like, “I didn’t spend hundreds of hours leveling to 48 for a stupid title! Rabble rabble rabble free ascended chest rabble rabble.”

And that’s why Anet shouldn’t cave here. This is a silly knee-jerk reaction from players who are, frankly, completely overreacting here. 30 to 48 isn’t a big deal. If you run Fractals, it will happen naturally and before you know it.

The people who are really mad about the changes are the ones who are losing 50+ progress. But we shouldn’t have sympathy for them. They should have known the Rez Orbs weren’t exactly kosher, and there was a risk of that not paying off.

Except what you don’t seem to get, is that with the recent addition of ascended weapons it actually made sense to get a lot of characters leveled up to 50.

Now, all that progress you tried to achieve will just be removed. With nothing in return.

in Fractured

jaimep.8037

The question to ask yourself is “will you still be playing?” If you are what does it all matter? One can argue with Anet till their head explodes. But you will probably keep playing after the update so it won’t bother them at all. Life keeps on ticking with or without you. What moreso in a game??

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

The question to ask yourself is “will you still be playing?” If you are what does it all matter? One can argue with Anet till their head explodes. But you will probably keep playing after the update so it won’t bother them at all. Life keeps on ticking with or without you. What moreso in a game??

So because you will still be playing means you can’t ask for improvements?

I’m not following your logic here.

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

So because you will still be playing means you can’t ask for improvements?

I’m not following your logic here.

To be clear, you aren’t asking for “improvements.” You’re demanding “compensation.” There is a vast chasm of a difference between the two.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

Getting from 30 to 48 is a big deal, especially if you do not have the gear or the people to do that with. And many cannot even play beyond 20. Just because you grinded your way beyond 50+, does not mean that you should condescend other people’s legitimate progress.

Everyone will never be happy with whatever compensation Anet gives out, if it ever happens. But it is a very reasonable request and it is important for Anet to show that they do not take peoples year worth of hard work for nothing.

And the fact that people like you do not support your fellow players is very sad for the so-called “community”.

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

Except what you don’t seem to get, is that with the recent addition of ascended weapons it actually made sense to get a lot of characters leveled up to 50.

Now, all that progress you tried to achieve will just be removed. With nothing in return.

See my post above. I think they handled the Alt situation terribly. But I wasn’t talking about the alt situation—I was talking about losing levels.

in Fractured

jaimep.8037

I’m just saying the game will go on with you asking for everything or nothing. It will go on. You are currently asking for “compensation” not an improvement. It’s a game and an MMO at that and like Kilandros said… it will keep changing. If you haven’t learned it already.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I’m just saying the game will go on with you asking for everything or nothing. It will go on. You are currently asking for “compensation” not an improvement. It’s a game and an MMO at that and like Kilandros said… it will keep changing. If you haven’t learned it already.

I am not opposing a change, I am asking for a compensation for lost progress. Unless people like me speak up and demand something in return, more and more similar updates will be done. Some people choose to sit, observe and take whatever happens. I prefer to voice my opinion, especially if it will benefit others.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

Maybe they should roll all of our characters back to level 30 and make them all account wide progression also!

This way when i make a brand new character i’m already lvl 30 or 50 or 80. That way i can bring all my brand new characters (or even my storage one!) right into Arah and other great dungeons to get the same rewards.

It will mean less work in the long run (for new players) so i have time to play other games or go for a walk! We should also have PvE leaderboards on getting your character (i mean account character level) to level 50 or 80 because PvP mechanics in PvE are very important to us.

AND

The quote of the day goes to .. . .. . . .. .. . . ..

why would A net do this to me! this is like someone braking your Lego house QQ

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

Then you’re obviously missing the point.

Removing things without giving anything in return is bad.
Thus giving something in return is an improvement.

Not sure why you keep bringing up that things change, that has nothing to do with the whole discussion.

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

Getting from 30 to 48 is a big deal, especially if you do not have the gear or the people to do that with. And many cannot even play beyond 20. Just because you grinded your way beyond 50+, does not mean that you should condescend other people’s legitimate progress.

Everyone will never be happy with whatever compensation Anet gives out, if it ever happens. But it is a very reasonable request and it is important for Anet to show that they do not take peoples year worth of hard work for nothing.

And the fact that people like you do not support your fellow players is very sad for the so-called “community”.

Please do not insult me by effectively calling me a bad person for not “supporting[ing] [my] fellow players.” I have taken my position because I don’t want to see compromised whatever integrity this game has. If you want to have a discussion here, do so as an adult without resorting to lame emotional arguments and name calling.

The fact that ANet cannot possibly make everyone happy with a reward here is precisely why there should be no reward. We simply cannot quantify the individual effort lost. A title may be sufficient for hardcore gamers to whom the progress came easily. Yet such a reward could well add insult to injury to players who ground hard and long to access those higher levels.

So why compensate? To send a message? The only message ANet should be sending is this: “We are working to improve this game and make it fun to play over and over.”

Hand outs don’t send that message. Improving content does.

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

Please do not insult me by effectively calling me a bad person for not “supporting[ing] [my] fellow players.” I have taken my position because I don’t want to see compromised whatever integrity this game has. If you want to have a discussion here, do so as an adult without resorting to lame emotional arguments and name calling.

The fact that ANet cannot possibly make everyone happy with a reward here is precisely why there should be no reward. We simply cannot quantify the individual effort lost. A title may be sufficient for hardcore gamers to whom the progress came easily. Yet such a reward could well add insult to injury to players who ground hard and long to access those higher levels.

So why compensate? To send a message? The only message ANet should be sending is this: “We are working to improve this game and make it fun to play over and over.”

Rather some compensation to show that they care, than none. Unless it’s something absolutely terrible to make it seem like a joke (for example, 1 silver per lost level would just be a joke and actually a bad thing).

The message they would send is that they understand our concerns about them resetting progress, and that they care about removing it.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I do not see where I have insulted you or called you names.

It is a matter of principle for me that no progress should be taken away without a compensation.

And yes improving the game is important, but it should not be done at the cost of dedicated players hard work.

A small compensation is better than nothing and everyone would agree on that.

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

Rather some compensation to show that they care, than none. Unless it’s something absolutely terrible to make it seem like a joke (for example, 1 silver per lost level would just be a joke and actually a bad thing).

The message they would send is that they understand our concerns about them resetting progress, and that they care about removing it.

And that’s my point. No matter what, such a reward would be perceived as a joke by some (unless it was legitimately OP, but then it would be unfair to others).

No thanks. I’d rather lose my progress with dignity than be given some lousy reward because the developers felt bad. I’d rather they focused their time and energy into improving Fractals instead.

in Fractured

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

if you want compensation for getting set back to 30, what is the fee you should pay to get all your other/new characters to your highest level for free?

You guys always demand…

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

And that’s my point. No matter what, such a reward would be perceived as a joke by some (unless it was legitimately OP, but then it would be unfair to others).

No thanks. I’d rather lose my progress with dignity than be given some lousy reward because the developers felt bad. I’d rather they focused their time and energy into improving Fractals instead.

You honestly think it’s hard to come up with a witty reward?

Sigh.

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

I don’t agree. I think nothing is better than a small compensation. The Devs shouldn’t be worrying about what compensation we’re entitled to every time they change something. They should be worrying about making the game better.

Worse yet, a “small” compensation runs the risk of insulting players by way of saying, “See, this is how little we value your work that this is all we’re giving you.”

Again, no thanks. They shouldn’t be wasting their time with this. As I said, the “integrity” of the game is more important than some players getting upset with changes. Players are always going to be upset, but you need to keep moving forward with the game if there is to be a game.

in Fractured

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

You can get your compensation when fractals don’t have too much disparity between professions.

Face it, guardians, mesmers eles and thiefs are great for fractals at 48+, even in pugs, but that leaves 4 other professions fairly useless because the way they made the fractals so when you advocate for balance in PvE between professions i will advocate for you guys to actually get a compensation.

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

I don’t agree. I think nothing is better than a small compensation. The Devs shouldn’t be worrying about what compensation we’re entitled to every time they change something. They should be worrying about making the game better.

Worse yet, a “small” compensation runs the risk of insulting players by way of saying, “See, this is how little we value your work that this is all we’re giving you.”

Again, no thanks. They shouldn’t be wasting their time with this. As I said, the “integrity” of the game is more important than some players getting upset with changes. Players are always going to be upset, but you need to keep moving forward with the game if there is to be a game.

That’s why something witty would be more appropriate than monetising it.
For instance, a miniature would be nice to get.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I dont think people would object an ascended weapon box either. Or a mini, or some backpiece skin.

in Fractured

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Resetting progress, at least in my opinion without any real reasoning, in a game that is all about progressing in one way or another, for me can’t be compensated with items, titles, money etc. Sadly I’m not even too surprised stuff like this is going to happen.

in Fractured

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

There was never any reward or incentive to grind to fractal 80 besides personal happiness. Anet can’t take that away from you.

in Fractured

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

There was never any reward or incentive to grind to fractal 80 besides personal happiness. Anet can’t take that away from you.

In a game, for what can you not apply that logic in? Is it ok for Anet to reset anything? Personally I like the legendary comparison people have used regarding patch discussion. Would it be ok to take away all the existing legendaries, for example when adding new legendary weapons. After all, those weapons only required time invested and one most likely made/bought them because he wanted to do so and having one made them happy, so time is all you would be losing. You would also retain the knowledge you once had a legendary, so why would you still need it?

in Fractured

Posted by: Cyclonite.5786

Cyclonite.5786

I am willing to bet that the reason high level fractal players are being screwed is because they are a small percentage of the population but also don’t buy a lot of gems. Anet has probably even realized that losing most or all of these customers won’t hurt their profits but may even help them. Think about it, the fractal entry point and progression is being made easier so they can bring in more newcomers which = more profits. The fractal veterans are made up mostly of hardcore gamers and we all know most hard core gamers use the most bandwidth and put very little real money into games. This move is a win-win for Anet.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Funnily enough I was considering throwing 20-50 euros at the game depending on the actual patch. Now I’m considering 0-0 euros.

in Fractured

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

i dont think the level should be reset at all! why bother?! why 30 as well?

i think if a lvl 50 attempts lvl 50 and finds it much diff than they were used to. then they will adapt to it themselves, let them figure it out themselves? they might try a lower level to get used to it or whatnot