[Merged] Fractal level reset is equity wiped. Discuss.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

So, some of us are sad because we’re losing our levels

Discuss.

Awwwwww yeeeahhhh

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

We have a crap ton of threads about this already.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

The main thread in discussion, 14 pages, was closed. We were directed to continue it here. So I’m continuing it.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Fractured

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Ah ok then. I hadn’t seen the post made by the mods. My bad… :x

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

lol, doesnt matter they dont want to hear it. Even though i am not necessarilly on the same page as some of you guys, im saddened that it doesnt seem like they are really considering the issue, or the feedback.

They should probably give people over 30 a title representive of thier old scale, or let them return to old fractals in a later update, since we know nothing is going to change for this new update.

They should communicate their intent, and what type of solutions, or lack thereof they are actually considering, then people may not discuss it.

in Fractured

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

It’s like a slap in the face from my perpective.

ArenaNet haven’t given any explanation why this is implemented.

Until then or until the decision is reverted, I consider myself deeply wronged.

Leman

in Fractured

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yes, it’s true, some people (those over Fractal level 30) are losing access to content that will no longer exist. Instead they’re getting access to the revamped Fractals beginning at level 30 with new challenges and experiences.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

I agree, Phys…. It’s really not cool that all we’ve seen for dev comments are not addressing the concerns… Please anet? Please?

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

It’s quite funny how the post was closed just after we asked for someone from Anet to respond, to at least know they’re still reading. Now we know they’re reading. But listening ? That’s another thing…

in Fractured

VOLKON.1290

It’s quite funny how the post was closed just after we asked for someone from Anet to respond, to at least know they’re still reading. Now we know they’re reading. But listening ? That’s another thing…

To be fair to ANet, that last thread was getting pretty toxic and none of us had any condition removal equipped. Can you blame them for not wanting to get in the middle of that? They’re in a “kitten ed if you do, kitten ed if you don’t” thing here.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

To be fair to ANet, that last thread was getting pretty toxic and none of us had any condition removal equipped. Can you blame them for not wanting to get in the middle of that? They’re in a “kitten ed if you do, kitten ed if you don’t” thing here.

I like your analogy…. I just don’t have those 25 skill points yet. D’oh!

Some response other than a “it’s off topic even though it isn’t!” Might have been nice…. That’s all….

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

ok state of game:
- Anet is the first MMO ever deciding to just delete legit Player Progress

- Fractal scale 80 was possible Prior patch with softcap 40 without using any exploits also without rezorbs or 99% rez with just good Timing of Guardian healbooks necro deathshroud and ele rez.

- They are currently deleting the most rare item/ sign that is ingame
there are I think about 5 Players ( 1 Group that advanced after the cap to look at 82)
so 5 ppl in the World with personal reward 82 you might say I can’t know than look what happened on third fractal when we tried to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_igZIivu3E

- They are currently about to remove the rarest Thing ingame from Players

- There did a update that was really worth the title Fractured: since it is what they did to the community

- They make Leaderboards that are a pharse : since if they really want fair leaderboards either they should let em start at the old hardcap of 80 or wipe it out to 0 … but not do a Thing in the middle to not upset the whole community.. when they would have done this we wouldn’t be so fractured.

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Anyway…. This is legit the last place they can move our topic to until they delete it and say we can’t talk about it anymore

[ARES]

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

phys.7689

the proper way to deal with a toxic discussion is to moderate, and direct it.

They could say, ok guys, we re concerned about this, Heres what we are looking at.

We are open to some feedback, but here is what is not possible, or off the table.

This is why we did X in fractals before.

Regardless of what side you are on, its a real issue. With real concerns. And real implications with the direction future updates take. Its not something to which the best solution is to simply move to another forum.

I feel like they should be heard, and answered.

Not to use a catch phrase, but this is what the CDI kind of should be looking into, not just in those particular threads, but in general hot topics, and feedback from big changes they plan to make, and what it means.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why do people keep talking about this being the first MMO to delete player progress?
I am quite sure there are several other games that does exactly the same.
WoW PvP “Seasons” comes to mind.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

I can see why they set it to 30 and not 0 for everyone. Those who have done the 30+ content are being forced to do it again to essentially playtest the new Fractal Instabilities. Am I saying this is exactly fair to those people? No. But it makes sense. Going by their presumptions of a pretty-vague preview, all you 50+ people would be DESTROYED in fractals 50, and would probably start over anyways. And I’m not talking just because of new agony scaling.

Now, keep in mind, ANet has been silent on people wanting compensation. I can understand why they want it, I bet ANet can too. Now what’s one thing any of forum goers know about Devs and posting (in this game and others)? They try to avoid posting misleading information. For all we know, they are working on a compensation, and don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up until they have something figured out.

And personally, for all those saying “we just want our difficulty back” for the 50+: you don’t know what the Instabilities have to offer. That may be your difficulty/challenge, and then a bag of chips.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Fractured

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

People on lvl 30 scale aren’t as skilled as people at lvl 40-50. It’s gonna be a kitten storm of bad pugs which is mainly why I’m annoyed by this update. I feel for the people who lost a lot more progress than me (I have 1 lvl 48, 4 lvl 38s).

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Fractured

phys.7689

People on lvl 30 scale aren’t as skilled as people at lvl 40-50. It’s gonna be a kitten storm of bad pugs which is mainly why I’m annoyed by this update. I feel for the people who lost a lot more progress than me (I have 1 lvl 48, 4 lvl 38s).

bad pugs isnt a legitimate concern though, you can party up with whoever you want, if you dont want random public players… dont randomly play with public players?

in Fractured

Posted by: Kaiiku.2917

Kaiiku.2917

My 2cents: for those above fotm 30, and for those who are possibly (though not certain), losing infusions and whatnot, compensation SHOULD be given to not erase the effort..

~ Kaiiku Yintro: 80 Human Warrior ~
~ Kira Yintro: 80 Human Mesmer ~
- Yak’s Bend -

in Fractured

Lunar Sunset.8742

bad pugs isnt a legitimate concern though, you can party up with whoever you want

Yeah, bad pugs.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I can see why they set it to 30 and not 0 for everyone. Those who have done the 30+ content are being forced to do it again to essentially playtest the new Fractal Instabilities. Am I saying this is exactly fair to those people? No. But it makes sense. Going by their presumptions of a pretty-vague preview, all you 50+ people would be DESTROYED in fractals 50, and would probably start over anyways. And I’m not talking just because of new agony scaling.

Now, keep in mind, ANet has been silent on people wanting compensation. I can understand why they want it, I bet ANet can too. Now what’s one thing any of forum goers know about Devs and posting (in this game and others)? They try to avoid posting misleading information. For all we know, they are working on a compensation, and don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up until they have something figured out.

And personally, for all those saying “we just want our difficulty back” for the 50+: you don’t know what the Instabilities have to offer. That may be your difficulty/challenge, and then a bag of chips.

But does it make sence to start a competition? no it doesn’t? it just doesn’t why would you start a competition when there are ppl already more than half way through ? If they want it to be a skill competition they should let you choose the difficulty you want and when you complete it you get it so easy.. if it’s a who is first competition I already won I’m first so I can Keep my 81 .. if it’s a competition since new content they still Need to let everyone start on equal footage.. it’s just not fair and bad design anyway

if they are thinking about a current solution to the Problems ?
why they think it is ok to take away my hard work?

They could do so much to not get the community fractured and still they do nothing than maybe laughing silently. Yeah and remove the thread from a place where it was more popular than they’re CDI.

first scale 81 fractals

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Dalent.9358

bad pugs isnt a legitimate concern though, you can party up with whoever you want, if you dont want random public players… dont randomly play with public players?

This. I am only Fractal level 27, but I can tell the difference when I go into lower tiers, or when people have never actually encountered fractals. But over the course of pugging, and playing with my guild, I have a decent roster of people I can call on for fractals at almost any time. Very rarely do I go into a Fractal without at least one person from my go-tos, but if I do, I know the risk I am taking, and the patience I may need. Don’t expect the worst from pugs, because they may surprise you by being skilled. But don’t be surprised if they need some guidance.

Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

bad pugs isnt a legitimate concern though, you can party up with whoever you want

Yeah, bad pugs.

I don’t get too many bad pugs for a level 48, but it was basically every 2/3 times I tried for a 38 that I got really bad groups. I suspect that the first couple weeks of pugging will be baaaaaaad.

[ARES]

in Fractured

phys.7689

Yeah, bad pugs.

heres what you should do, make a elite fractals guild. make a level 1 checker char who groups up with each member to assure they have access to X level.

this way every one in your guild is elite, and you dont have to play with bad pugs ever.

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

My 2cents: for those above fotm 30, and for those who are possibly (though not certain), losing infusions and whatnot, compensation SHOULD be given to not erase the effort..

No one will be losing AR.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

For all we know, Anet is doing one of the following three:

1. Working on some kind of compensation.
2. Working on some way of explaining why what’s being done is being done.
3. Waiting for the whole thing to blow over because of minority involvement on the issue at hand, while keeping majority happy.
4. And extremely unlikely: working on changes to the “proposed” system as we speak.

As to the following:

I personally never been one to promote going past level 50 since it was obviously not intended. But that being said one of the devs responses was clearly that the curve up to level 50 is way easier than it was before. With that in mind, the challenge that was there to begin with is being taken away and “chips” are nowhere in sight.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

All my mates left the game when we reached 81 and they put in a hardcap. so I Need to search new guys if I could Keep my reardlevel it be way easier to see where others at
ahhh fail this won’t work since all will be at 81 now… dammm

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Romo.3709

No one will be losing AR.

Although some people put a lot of effort into making their alts fractal ready. Not only getting them up the ladder in fractals, but infusing rings, creating backpacks and buying amulets and earrings… It’s all account bound, so no reason to have alt in fractals at all anymore… Money and time wasted….

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Yeah, bad pugs.

heres what you should do, make a elite fractals guild. make a level 1 checker char who groups up with each member to assure they have access to X level.

this way every one in your guild is elite, and you dont have to play with bad pugs ever.

you can’t do this anymore after update and before update most ppl try to reduce dmg done in Forums instead of playing the game:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Lunar Sunset.8742

Yeah, bad pugs.

How about Anet goes back in time and reverses this decision. Then this wouldn’t happen. Yeah, I don’t want to party with kitten, tis why you don’t see my 1337 guild anywhere. How about moderately skilled people who have an good idea about how to play this game effectively.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

I personally never been one to promote going past level 50 since it was obviously not intended. But that being said one of the devs responses was clearly that the curve up to level 50 is way easier than it was before. With that in mind, the challenge that was there to begin with is being taken away and “chips” are nowhere in sight.

Yes, they say that the CURVE will be less difficult. That does not mean that it will be less difficult overall, just that it will increase in difficulty in a more steady stream.

Also keep in mind that the difficulty of the Fractals have nothing at all to do with the Instabilities, so they might indeed increase the difficulty of the Fractals, even if the difficulty of the Fractals themselves are slightly lowered.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

phys.7689

For all we know, Anet is doing one of the following three:

1. Working on some kind of compensation.
2. Working on some way of explaining why what’s being done is being done.
3. Waiting for the whole thing to blow over because of minority involvement on the issue at hand, while keeping majority happy.
4. And extremely unlikely: working on changes to the “proposed” system as we speak.

As to the following:

for all we know, its nothing

they have said nothing, so they should probably expect that till they do, various parties will discuss every angle and aspect of the change.

in Fractured

phys.7689

Yeah, bad pugs.

you can’t do this anymore after update and before update most ppl try to reduce dmg done in Forums instead of playing the game:)

make 1 friend who doesnt do high level fractals to check it for you.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Yes, they say that the CURVE will be less difficult. That does not mean that it will be less difficult overall, just that it will increase in difficulty in a more steady stream.

Also keep in mind that the difficulty of the Fractals have nothing at all to do with the Instabilities, so they might indeed increase the difficulty of the Fractals, even if the difficulty of the Fractals themselves are slightly lowered.

They practically said because of balances and tweaks it will be easier to get to 50. If what you said would be true they would just say 30 instead.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

if the curve is less difficult than that curve doens’t go up as fast as a difficult curve, so if the curve before was a more difficult curve this curve now is less difficult. meaning Overall: IT WILL BE EASY!

if the curve is less difficult than before the curve from formar 30 -40 is now the curve from 30-50 so less difficult .. so actually scale 80 new will be at around 150 ! yeah updated my Level to be even higher!

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

VOLKON.1290

But does it make sence to start a competition? no it doesn’t? it just doesn’t why would you start a competition when there are ppl already more than half way through ? If they want it to be a skill competition they should let you choose the difficulty you want and when you complete it you get it so easy.. if it’s a who is first competition I already won I’m first so I can Keep my 81 .. if it’s a competition since new content they still Need to let everyone start on equal footage.. it’s just not fair and bad design anyway

Anet could have closed down so many Things a negativity if they would tell what they think: Just say what they did consider an exploit in fractals and Name it if they consider us 80’s to be exploiters?

They could do so much to not get the community fractured and still they do nothing than maybe laughing silently. Yeah and remove the thread from a place where it was more popular than they’re CDI.

It’s only a competition if you choose to take part in the competition. Who cares if you’re on a leader board if you don’t?

You actually believe, if I’m reading that right, that should be able to skip the new content because of what you accomplished in old system? If they gave you Fractal level 81 in the new system you certainly wouldn’t have earned it properly (for the new system).

But, let’s be honest. Here’s what’s going to happen.

1. They’ll implement the changes.
2. You’ll either play or you won’t.
3. The game will continue.

It’s really that simple.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Fractured

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

The Developers are reading these posts and we are gathering feedback. This is a reminder, as I’ve already had to edit one post. Please do not discuss exploits, discuss how players may have used exploits, and keep these topics clean. We do not want to have to shut down more threads because they dissolve into name-calling, rude comments, and other violations of the Forum Code of Conduct.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Hello all,

The Developers are reading these posts and we are gathering feedback. This is a reminder, as I’ve already had to edit one post. Please do not discuss exploits, discuss how players may have used exploits, and keep these topics clean. We do not want to have to shut down more threads because they dissolve into name-calling, rude comments, and other violations of the Forum Code of Conduct.

Can we have a developer respond?

Right now its the community arguing against the community, which really doesn’t matter.

We would like to know how the developers feel about deleting our progression rightfully earner, in order for leaderboards to come out, for which nobody wants or asked.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Relativity.3264

Relativity.3264

all you 50+ people would be DESTROYED in fractals 50, and would probably start over anyways

1: You’ve obviously never played 77/79
2: It sounds like you’ve never played 48
3: I’m going to go ahead and quote him AGAIN:

Also the difficulty scaling has been tweaked overall to create a slightly less difficult curve up to 50.

Honestly I would love to come to this forum on tuesday and say:

Anet you are AWESOME.

In appreciation for giving me this awesome title I’m buying a kitten ton of gems and infinite gathering tools.

You had me worried for a while, but you came through for us heavyweights in a big way. Thank you.

But I doubt I’ll get the chance…

Maxed HOM (Name: Random Firing)
Fractal 80 before Fractured, world first fractal 50 after

in Fractured

JMar.3254

But, let’s be honest. Here’s what’s going to happen.

1. They’ll implement the changes.
2. You’ll either play or you won’t.
3. The game will continue.

It’s really that simple.

This doesn’t make it okay.

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Right now its the community arguing against the community, which really doesn’t matter.

We would like to know how the developers feel about deleting our progression rightfully earner, in order for leaderboards to come out, for which nobody wants or asked.

You got a response.
Until they have gathered feedback this is what you will get. Simple as that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Hello all,

I’m glad to know that the devs are reading these threads. It would be a great boon if they would actually speak to the players about this issue and possibly explain a little bit why the levels being reduced to 30.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Fractured

Dalent.9358

Just because there are leaderboards doesn’t make it a competition. Are achievements a competition? We have a leaderboard for that. It’s merely a leaderboard. You get no prize for getting to 50 first, second, or last. Now, is it necessary to even have a Fractal leaderboard? I personally think not. But for all those complaining about pugs, it could be a good tool to find others on your level.

Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Fractured

JMar.3254

You can’t guarantee that I’m afraid.

I haven’t seen anybody asking for the ‘diffuiculty’ back.

Anet’s reasoning (from the update) is that we were reset to give equal footing in the leaderboards. Then we should be reset to 1 with no AR, as that would be real equal footing.

See how many people would like that.

Right now it’s <30 arguing against people 30>

in Fractured

Dalent.9358

all you 50+ people would be DESTROYED in fractals 50, and would probably start over anyways

you’ve never played

Don’t quote me out of context. Cause then context gets screwed up and sends the wrong message. Can’t believe you think I’ve never played.

Also, difficulty curb is relative. Could simply mean agony curb. Easy for some, hard for others. Could mean more targeting circles. Etc. etc.

Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

(edited by Dalent.9358)

in Fractured

JMar.3254

You got a response.
Until they have gathered feedback this is what you will get. Simple as that.

Community coordinator =/= developer.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

We have pages and pages of feedback. Some of it is just ranting, some just blind defense of the patch, but in the middle there have been some constructive things said. Moshari posted a list of thing on page 14 of the old post, there was an article describing how we feel in this situation posted on page 15 of same post, etc.

Of course, we can understand that it takes some time for the developpers to process all this feedback, but as the patch day goes closer and closer, we feel like our feedback will not be heard in time.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Hello all,

I’m glad to know that the devs are reading these threads. It would be a great boon if they would actually speak to the players about this issue and possibly explain a little bit why the levels being reduced to 30.

agreed even if I think I will completly not agree with the arguments they will be telling me to delete my work… I still respect ppl that stay up and say what they were thinking , even if I completly not agree I at least know the reason and might be more able to open they’re eyes for my perspective than while fighting without a reason with the own community. This would be true CDI:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

We have pages and pages of feedback. Some of it is just ranting, some just blind defense of the patch, but in the middle there have been some constructive things said. Moshari posted a list of thing on page 14 of the old post, there was an article describing how we feel in this situation posted on page 15 of same post, etc.

Of course, we can understand that it takes some time for the developpers to process all this feedback, but as the patch day goes closer and closer, we feel like our feedback will not be heard in time.

What I don’t get why is reading Feedback actually prohibiting you from just tell the they’re reasoning behind this step since they see it is discussed they can just tell they’re thinkings about it when they made the step. This is what the SAB developer would have made maybe not perfectly posted and advertised but it was honest and I really respect that.

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Community coordinator =/= developer.

True enough.

But why should a developer post something that will say exactly the same?
Does it somehow make it better because the person posting it happens to have a certain title?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by Moderator)