in Halloween Event

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

Good job, Anet. I’ll continue to support you with Gem purchases

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

Can’t wait to see what the drop rates look like, but I think I’ve learned my lesson and I’m going to wait for some other people to open theirs up first…

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

So you have to chose wether you are going to use the normal chests or upgrade them? That is an interesting mechanic. I also wonder what the drop rates will be.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solinox.6251

Solinox.6251

Decent way to make amends, and continue to get more people buying keys. Cheers.

I dont quite feel as though I wasted my $100 on keys (which I got nothing from)

But since nobody has tried opening these “new” chests… I suppose whether or not its just another money sink with little to no rewards remains to be seen

As such I will remain cautiously optimistic.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Blueroseknight.7954

The price of mystery tonics is going to shoot up; Artificer just became the best crafting skill for making money ;-D

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arthur.6089

Arthur.6089

Alright, to whatever brave soul dares venture into the drop-rate land of these new chests;
Please post your endeavors in here so that us, the not so brave ones can decide what to do.
Thanks

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xproject.1425

Xproject.1425

as the title says, what about all the tonics I’ve acquired that are not mystery tonics but are named specific creature tonics. Will those work in acquiring the new halloween chests?

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ozymandias.5317

ozymandias.5317

Well played ArenaNet, provide a method for people to have a use for all the BLC materials they received, make it possible for others just now trying to have a fair chance, and not trivializing the efforts others already put forward. Brilliant way to provide second chances for upset customers and keep from tarnishing your good name. I’m excited to try this out when I get home.

http://trikktheasura.wordpress.com
or follow me on twitter @trikktheasura
Trikke <Sorrows Children> [SRRW] — Sea of Sorrows

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Elegant manner of adressing things.

Some have wasted their tonics and more, and will be left out.
But as sorry as i am for those players, it’s still to be expected that the solution would use actual chest materials.

Sorry for the ones who end up losing after all, but actually glad with the way they are handling this.

Here’s hoping for fun items for you all!

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arthur.6089

Arthur.6089

Might be a noob question but I can’t seem to add a boost to the forge… Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

RTFM

The post clearly states that this change is not live yet and they’ll let us know when it is.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jorn Wolfgang.3712

Jorn Wolfgang.3712

Thank you! For not just giving everyone skins. It would have been like giving every kid a trophy while not keeping score.

This will hopefully not cheapen it for those already lucky enough to get drops.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

its still not added, they will inform us when they do that

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Wish they mentioned this before I used half my tonics goofing around but what are you going to do.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Uh wait what, the post was just edited. There was a recipe for epic chest. it was 9 mad king chests and something else. What was it. Please repost

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Solinox.6251

You arent doing anything wrong Yawn, it just isnt implemented yet.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ionite.6234

ionite.6234

Now if only the crafted skins didn’t cost a fortune to obtain.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Abaddons Acolyte.7438

Abaddons Acolyte.7438

What about the other tonics that we got around launch!?!?!?!?
Like the Eagle raptor tonics??? Owl tonics and all those ones?!?!?!?
Only mystery tonics???

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Solinox.6251

My guess, either it was just pulled. Or they didnt intend for people to see the other recipe.

Either way, I wrote it down so im laughin lol.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

We’ve been working hard to get this designed, tested, and implemented rapidly. After testing, we felt that the Epic chests just were not cool enough, and we thought it would be simpler to just do one chest.

The original text of the post was from an earlier version of that messaging.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

May I ask about the drop rate for Halloween weapons on these chests, (a lot) better than the BLTC Chest or is it the same (but we get an extra shot at it)?
Thanks for this nonetheless though Great addition

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Silvard.3469

Silvard.3469

Thank god, that Epic chest thing had the potential to REALLY backfire as well.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dawthus.4630

Dawthus.4630

Must commend whomever thought this up as a ‘solution’, it creates a (hopefully) balanced ‘please play again’ approach that also helps deal with the glut of mystery tonics many of us have.

Anet, you once again have shown that your service/support staff and dev team members are doing the best I’ve seen in active community response and feedback.

Cheers,

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheOnlyOneNL.3821

TheOnlyOneNL.3821

Its great that A-net respond so quickly!

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unabanzie.7512

Unabanzie.7512

No Key needed \o/

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

@ Taco Knight:
What’s wrong with the kind of players like you? I will never ever work towards a skin only because it’s super rare. I will craft/forge it because I LIKE THE SKIN.
There are plenty of other hard to get skins, so why does Anet have to implement more costly skins that only the ones will get who are super rich and capable to craft the other ones (like Volcanus, Foefire)? Just give casuals ONE cool looking and easy to get skin.
Im playing an ele as my main and I dont like the “old” staff skins. So I was happy to see that there will be a new staff skin as a Halloween Event. But I can’t get it because Im not willingly to farm for hours to get 100g+
An Event should have to offer a skin/souvenir for everyone, from the super rich to the player only playing for like 2 hours a day. The free Horns are just ridiculous and barely to see.
Is it so hard to implement 3 skins for more casual player (easy to get but cool looking) and some other skins that are hard to get by opening chests/forging so that everybody is happy?

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

Don’t worry people, there’s no need to make the exotics anymore! They are on the trading post for a cheap 499 gold.

Lol.. no really, you should see these items as long term obtainment, you just need to get the recipes for them unlocked (this is with Halloween themed items), once you unlock those you can craft them when ever you want. Start saving your lodestones.

Location, location, location.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Lol, should have read the entire post, i was wondering why only my XP boosters were showing up to be added to the forge and not the 30 or so other ones.

Nice idea on how to do this, and working it out i should have quite a few goes.

1 Question, how come we can’t use the BL gathering tools or salvaging kits or are they under boosts?.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ebon.7641

Ebon.7641

awesome job ANet

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: euphoria.2495

euphoria.2495

Great, I drank all of my Mystery Tonics for Costume Brawl.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Blueroseknight.7954

So far every 2 scratch-it tickets I buy I essentially get 1 free? How could I lose? /resume gambling.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

The price of mystery tonics is going to shoot up; Artificer just became the best crafting skill for making money ;-D

Mystery tonics are not craftable or tradeable.

Awesome news though

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zeroaegis.1932

zeroaegis.1932

Wish I hadn’t gotten rid of all those tonics now…

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MilkInBags.5136

MilkInBags.5136

Oh great, just when I deleted all of my tonics because they were useless.

Isle of Janthir | Defenders of Heroism [Hero] | Elementalist

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vejuz.8290

Vejuz.8290

I’m so glad I’ve been saving those tonics! Time to divest.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

Haha, i pretty much used every mystery tonic i had for brawling yesterday…

Can’t i use 6 mystic coins instead :P

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PsychoPunk.1749

PsychoPunk.1749

They can’t give us exact numbers but telling us if it’s rare as a black lion salvaging kit or whatever (comparing the chances to another item’s chances) would be really nice

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grim Faust.6349

Grim Faust.6349

This sounds like a great idea. Considering boosts are an ingredient, it should limit the flow of the items greatly to those who were wanting to spend money on these items in the first place, but instead got heaps of boosts. ( amongst other things ) Now we might actually get what we set out to obtain when we spent money in the first place. Although I’ll reserve the majority of my glee and praise until we have a better idea of the contents and frequency of said contents.

Thanks for the quick solution.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

TheRabbit.9478

MajorMelchett.6042

Lol, should have read the entire post, i was wondering why only my XP boosters were showing up to be added to the forge and not the 30 or so other ones.

Nice idea on how to do this, and working it out i should have quite a few goes.

1 Question, how come we can’t use the BL gathering tools or salvaging kits or are they under boosts?.

Every BLC is guarenteed to have a boost and 3 tonics, not every chest comes with the other black lion stuff (also that stuff is generally more valuable than the random tonics).

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DootmasterX.3025

DootmasterX.3025

I can’t afford any more keys, I’m broke till next payday which is long after the holiday, and I threw out all my Mystery Tonics a few days ago because they were taking up bank space. FML

Jack of all trades, master of some.
NSP – [Zos]

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Oh great, just when I deleted all of my tonics because they were useless.

They were never useless. They transform you into various things, which can be fun in itself. Plus they can be used to play costume brawl as of two days ago.

Before everyone rushes to pat them on the back, you should wait and see if the drop rate has been increased. Notice they still havnt given that info out. If these chest only have a 1% increased chance to drop the rare skins then someone needs to lose their job. A designer most likly not a dev. Poor devs just have to do what the idiot designers cook up.

I hope the rare skins are still rare, because otherwise everyone will have one and they won’t be any more special than the most commons skins anymore.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ster.6378

ster.6378

pretty sure you can craft that tonic

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Thanks for the update. You did not have to do this. In my opinion, just shows the quality of the Arenanet team.

Glad I can now get some of this stuff out of bank.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zehnchu.4985

Zehnchu.4985

they should sell them in the cash shop they would make more money, that’s what they want.

RAWR!!!

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

Awesome! I can’t wait.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sonez.5304

Sonez.5304

I’m on the side of “what about the not-Mystery Tonics?”

If this works as people are predicting, only once that are going to benifit from this are the lucky once that got Mystery tonics instead of some otherwise named Tonic… And people who have Artificer 400.

I see this, as it should have any tonic instead of Mystery Tonics, otherwise only minority is going to benifit from this.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

well lets see how this goes

hope in Anet half restored, we gotta still see how its implemented.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

MajorMelchett.6042

@ The Rabbit – thanks i didn’t know that.

No bother on the BL kits then Anet if the rest is certain to drop for a chest, basically every 2 normal chests gets a chance at a mad king chest.

Just went through all mine and i have 15 goes (i spent a number of my mystery tonics last night in a fit of fun).

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

TheRabbit.9478

DootmasterX.3025

I can’t afford any more keys, I’m broke till next payday which is long after the holiday, and I threw out all my Mystery Tonics a few days ago because they were taking up bank space. FML

1 Crystalline Dust + 1 Vicious Claw + 1 Vicious Fang + 1 Jug of Water for a 400 Artificer (or just buy them off the TP).

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I don’t quite agree with the OP, but it would be nice to see more focus on participating rather than spending.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

MajorMelchett.6042

Here’s hoping the drop rate on skins is a bit better in these ones or that i have a bit more luck this time : D.