More Halloween Goodies

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

sigh I knew I should’ve waited on buying skins. That’s probably 78 gold down the drink. If the droprate is still just as low, I might be able to get back my investment in some 6 odd months when skins are scarce, but if they increase at all, then I’m kittened.

With the outcry on the forums, the chances of them having increased the droprate is almost guaranteed.

This is why I never invest. Something always pops up to screw it over. -.-

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vicis.2860

Vicis.2860

Very happy to hear about this!
Now I might just throw another 20$ down for gems.
Spending 1600 on keys and getting nothing but 75 mystery tonics and a ton of boosts was most disappointing.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: psilosopher.5807

psilosopher.5807

Dang I’ve destroyed hundreds of tonics

Beorn The Berserker
Level 80 Norn Warrior

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

No tonic can be crafted by artificers at this time. The ones on the tp are drops from dungeons usually and none of them are mystery tonics. The only mystery tonics in the game at this time are the account bound ones. So no get rich for artificers ( I am a 400 artificer btw).

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Darth Danny.4032

Darth Danny.4032

I dont want to sound mean but the side you are on is a stupid one.

Mystery tonics were the ones that people got by opening chests DURING the event.

The named ones you got before or from somewhere else, so why would they be included.

This recipe has been implemented to provide those people who opened chests during the event but didnt get any items because the drop rate was so low.

Why would anyone get the same chance when they didnt get those tonics for the event?

Wish some people would learn to read or at least use some logic.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Angry Helper.2915

Angry Helper.2915

Does this mean those Mysterious Tonics I deleted last night because I got an everlasting Mysterious tonic had a use…. /epicfacepalm

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Better start stocking up on dust now while they are cheap, prices will only raise. Good way to make a profit.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

No tonic can be crafted by artificers at this time. The ones on the tp are drops from dungeons usually and none of them are mystery tonics. The only mystery tonics in the game at this time are the account bound ones. So no get rich for artificers ( I am a 400 artificer btw).

You’re wrong, the Artificer at 400 can craft the Mystery Tonics, it’s just that they’re account bound the same as the BLC ones.

1 Water + 1 Crystalline Dust + 1 Vicious Fang + 1 Vicious Claw = 5 Mystery Tonics, I just tried the recipe now.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Carcinogin.7654

Carcinogin.7654

I hope this gets patched in soon I am very thrilled about this information, I was a bit disappointed about the chest I opened. Good Job Anet. You guys are handling a situation that caused some serious concern. I just brushed it off because I knew I was gambling and I used in game currency to buy gems. Good luck to all and hope Anet continues to show their support to the community.

(o.O) Mr.Snow
( * )
( * )

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trixstir.3956

Trixstir.3956

yep yep this is cool seems my 8 gold wasn’t a total loss but still happy I bought my gems way before the event started lol. 10 keys and ended up with 7 more from that so this will even make my total chances go up more lol Thanks Anet.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shirahama.3491

Shirahama.3491

sorry but i’m not that very happy.
first it wasn’t normal that special event item can be selled, if you partecipate and try, good, if not you cannot buy like some candy.
say so i tried with the last remaing of my gem buyied when the price was really lower to buy key, 30 of it and nothing coming out, so why i want the skin i buyed in the tp, and now you going to say that the price is gonna falling completely.
i don’t think is right for the people that really invest some real time to buy the skin.
i spend 30 gold for the greatsword 10 gold for the shield and 19 for the schyte at the iper very first, and now the price is gonna be way lower if everybody that have stacked previously boost craft the mystery tonic and get a new chance.
it fell like i wasted 60 gold!
and i tough of reselling coz the price was getting good, but now al the investiment is wenting to the flush.
i know that most people are happy, but me that i grinded gold like crazy and invest in some “special event object” that it was staying just for a limited time, (and first hand i understood the difficult to get them) now i’m riped off, of all my time playing game and money.
i need to sell them now or take them and go with them remembering that if i yell and complain, maybe an gonna do something for me.
most people are happy but i’m really not.
kinda angry!

p.s people who tried with 30 keys seeing the gem price at 1 gold for 100 gem means 27 gold. i though better have the security of have it than spend other 27 gold. for me thanksfully the first 30 key was with old gem but i think a lot of people tried this way, so why now people who invest money are going to be let down, if i complain like all people did i gonna receive something?
p.p.s it was stupid of me investing in an event not knowing the normal beheavor of area net! if i know that they will patch everytime the difficult stuff, i just need to wait to get easier!

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: theMOXing.8712

theMOXing.8712

Would you be able to add a variation of the recipe that allows for the use of Black Lion tools and pretty much everything that you get from the chest? They take up space and I just end up throwing them away.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

But those of us who spent money on kjeys for the chests and got zero tonics we are just SOL unless we spend more money? yeha great job on this one Anet sorry but only those that got lucky and got the tonics gain anything from this the rest of us just wasted our money in my opinion

What are you talking about? All black lion chests give you 3 tonics.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Shirahama.3491

sorry if i was rude, i really like the game. more love it. so for this reason i’m angry. coz now i have to restart everything again.
maybe i’m so angry coz i know that the investment it was done by myself, and hurt when you fail bi like this time, but i fell also stupid oz i never tough that areanet would really help people, for another sidei fell proud of playing this game, i’m optimistic but angry of mysel and the situation, kind of complicated. sorry for my personal flame!

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sevens.6390

Sevens.6390

But those of us who spent money on kjeys for the chests and got zero tonics we are just SOL unless we spend more money? yeha great job on this one Anet sorry but only those that got lucky and got the tonics gain anything from this the rest of us just wasted our money in my opinion

Well the 7+ i op-ened dropped zero so that is inaccurate mate

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

It’s not like gold is that hard to come by.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

sorry if i was rude, i really like the game. more love it. so for this reason i’m angry. coz now i have to restart everything again.
maybe i’m so angry coz i know that the investment it was done by myself, and hurt when you fail bi like this time, but i fell also stupid oz i never tough that areanet would really help people, for another sidei fell proud of playing this game, i’m optimistic but angry of mysel and the situation, kind of complicated. sorry for my personal flame!

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. Bought Black Lion Keys, didn’t get anything, so I saved up my gold and outright bought the skins. 78 some odd gold for the skins that I wanted. That’s a good chunk of change (most of my gold, actually).

Worst of all, due to not having a preview, I don’t even LIKE two of the skins I got, so I was hoping to resell later when the prices went back up. If the drop rate increases any at all, I basically just tossed away that gold.

I mean, this is great for the gamblers, but it sucks for everyone who went the route of buying their skin.

The gamblers are much more numerous, though, so we’re out of luck unless we can get a thread with 2k replies complaining about this. Seriously doubt it.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

Unless they recently changed the drop tables, by which I mean since yesterday, all chests give 3 mystery tonics.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Sevens.6390

But some of us spent our hard earned money on keys jsut for this event so it doesnt matter if gold is hard to come by or not i bought had a horribly low chance that wa so low anet put this in and then made it the tonics which i got zero of so i feel very cheated doubly so since you have to have x amount of tonics and i looted zero so yeah it is a problem to me

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

But some of us spent our hard earned money on keys jsut for this event so it doesnt matter if gold is hard to come by or not i bought had a horribly low chance that wa so low anet put this in and then made it the tonics which i got zero of so i feel very cheated doubly so since you have to have x amount of tonics and i looted zero so yeah it is a problem to me

You should probably make a report to Arena Net that mystery tonics aren’t dropping from chests (are you sure it isn’t hidden somewhere in your inventory?) since it has absolutely been verified that they’re a mandated drop. Either that, or look for posts complaining of the same thing to see if it’s an isolated incident on your part.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Sevens.6390

Unless they recently changed the drop tables, by which I mean since yesterday, all chests give 3 mystery tonics.

Yes they usually do i agree but not one dropped it for me so maybe this is a bug i need to report or something but several of my chests only dropped 2 items usually two boosters but not one single mystery tonic not one idc what it is suppose to be i am saying wht it is

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Just to note that mystery tonics can be crafted as cheap as 1xancient wood plank, 1xjug of water, 1xsteel ingot and 1xcrystalline dust for 5 tonics per batch, im just not sure if the tonic can be used in the forge as it has a different icon and cant be stacked to the tonic from chest

Otherwise it’s a decent option to the lousy drop rate for the chest, I also have too many tonics and boosters that I have no use for and am glad for the opportunity to get rid of them, all in all if the drop rate from the blc chest must remain this ghastly, then at least this second chance to use up the junk material is a way out of that, regardless if people do get it or not

And really, I was in the same boat as most that I wanted the skins and was considering dishing out the gold for them, its no excuse that you took the course to buy them without considering that due to the complains something would be done about it…and now complain that the unplanned event is messing up with your plannings, I was hoping that anet would take the issue into consideration and therefore provide a alternative method therefore I hadnt bought a skin yet, now I will try this and if the drop chance is still bad i’ll just buy them at the TP,

(edited by Kaderin.7584)

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

Again, scour your inventory for it. You may have missed the one inventory slot that has the tonic stack.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

Anet may have saved themselves with this move. I like it.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Now instead of a bunch of tonics and boosters, people will end with nothing.
HAHAHAHA

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Sevens.6390

It isn’t hard to spot a blue bottle in my inventory since i keep my bags empty i didnt miss anything i just did not recieve them nd i am not just here trolling I am a loyal anet fanboy but this really did make me feel betrayed since all thee ones i got in the past i usually used or promptly deleted but on these i did in fact get zero they are not in my bags nor in my bank as i did not open any of my chests until after the problem was addressed. now i am bug reporting it to see if maybe there is a bug that effects some but not all or if it is just working as intended on this

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Shirahama.3491

kaderin you are right that my investment was quite risky, but (and this unfortunately) i din’t check the forum and didn’t know that all people were complaining, tw i hipoe that at least this mad kng chest will expire after the event, so maybe the price is gonna be the right price for an special event object.
and thinking is not normal to patch a thing in this way. i’m not a fortune tellng, and thinking this was quite har, normally if you put a difficult to get an object, you can lessen the difficult a bt, but this is enormous, so probably i’ll stick with my little disappointment.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Just to note that mystery tonics can be crafted as cheap as 1xancient wood plank, 1xjug of water, 1xsteel ingot and 1xcrystalline dust for 5 tonics per batch, im just not sure if the tonic can be used in the forge as it has a different icon and cant be stacked to the tonic from chest

As I stated earlier, the same mystery tonics as the ones found in the BLCs are crafted using 1 Crystalline dust + 1 Water + 1 Vicious Fang + 1 Vicious Claw.

Are you saying that 1 Ancient Wood Plank + 1 Steel Ingot are cheaper than 1 Vicious Fang + 1 Vicious Claw?

I don’t think so.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

The mystery tonics crafted with artifice are the same as the ones you get from the Black lion chests. They even stack right on each other.

Same thing, not similar thing.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t understand… why would you throw away the tonics? they are the only long term way to play the costume brawl for one, and it was obvious they would get more uses in the future. Plus they stack so they only ever take up 1 slot.

I guess I just don’t have much sympathy for people who randomly go around deleting their rare items that they spent real life money on and then complaining that they deleted them.

Hopefully these chests have a better drop rate, this event is supposed to be about having fun, not about spending absurd amounts of money for nothing in return.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trixstir.3956

Trixstir.3956

Every one acting like their investment is lost its still going to be worth more if you just wait.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

ANet I whole heatedly commend you on this. After much debate it was my opinion that those who did not recieve a skin were NOT entitled to be angry (including myself). This truly shows that your number one priority is player happiness and no one should disagree at this point. As a company, you continue to amaze me every day with your patience and attentiveness.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: risk.7462

risk.7462

why is there so much conversation about tonics? if you opened chests to then you have these tonics and boosts.
you need 2 boosts per
then 1 tonic and 1 candy corn
are prices going to sky rocket cuz of this new recipe? no
and i dont care how many tonics you can craft cuz you cant craft boosts.
and i doubt unless the drop rate is very high that prices of the skins will flux to much
Cuz everyone wants that great sword…
Personally i want the crossing (staff)

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Silencer.7614

Silencer.7614

Any chance of making Mystery tonics not be account bound since not everyone has there artificer maxed to 400 or has any mystery ttonics from black lion chests?

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dungin.2983

Dungin.2983

sorry but i’m not that very happy.
first it wasn’t normal that special event item can be selled, if you partecipate and try, good, if not you cannot buy like some candy.
say so i tried with the last remaing of my gem buyied when the price was really lower to buy key, 30 of it and nothing coming out, so why i want the skin i buyed in the tp, and now you going to say that the price is gonna falling completely.
i don’t think is right for the people that really invest some real time to buy the skin.
i spend 30 gold for the greatsword 10 gold for the shield and 19 for the schyte at the iper very first, and now the price is gonna be way lower if everybody that have stacked previously boost craft the mystery tonic and get a new chance.
it fell like i wasted 60 gold!
and i tough of reselling coz the price was getting good, but now al the investiment is wenting to the flush.
i know that most people are happy, but me that i grinded gold like crazy and invest in some “special event object” that it was staying just for a limited time, (and first hand i understood the difficult to get them) now i’m riped off, of all my time playing game and money.
i need to sell them now or take them and go with them remembering that if i yell and complain, maybe an gonna do something for me.
most people are happy but i’m really not.
kinda angry!

p.s people who tried with 30 keys seeing the gem price at 1 gold for 100 gem means 27 gold. i though better have the security of have it than spend other 27 gold. for me thanksfully the first 30 key was with old gem but i think a lot of people tried this way, so why now people who invest money are going to be let down, if i complain like all people did i gonna receive something?
p.p.s it was stupid of me investing in an event not knowing the normal beheavor of area net! if i know that they will patch everytime the difficult stuff, i just need to wait to get easier!

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Kitten. Wish I didn’t destroy all of the ones I had gotten. Guess now I gotta break the habit and keep the tonics from now on. Wasted space, but I guess you never know what else they might be used for later on.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stimpack.2875

Stimpack.2875

I think this is a smart move, and a good way to handle the situation. This is our first major event, and of course there may be some bumps in the road. Thanks, Anet.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

These should have been any 3 tonics as thats what size stack they come in or a recipe to change normal tonics from earlier black lion chests into mystery tonics.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Galandil.9641:
As I stated earlier, the same mystery tonics as the ones found in the BLCs are crafted using 1 Crystalline dust + 1 Water + 1 Vicious Fang + 1 Vicious Claw.
Are you saying that 1 Ancient Wood Plank + 1 Steel Ingot are cheaper than 1 Vicious Fang + 1 Vicious Claw?
I don’t think so.

Did I say that that was the only recipe? So I missed your post, cry me a river? And I happen to prefer the one I mentioned as I have a abundance on planks and not the others, whilst the total price is slightly different with the TP fees I dont bother with your recipe, there is a reason why theres more than one method to make them, doesnt mean yours has to be it

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Caleb.9163

Caleb.9163

they aren’t being very specific, but im betting this is going to be simular to the chance to get the skins with the black lion chests.

“Halloween Loot” includes expiring weapons, tonics, candy corn & other holiday treats. I have a feeling that we will be just as disapointed with this as the Black Lion Chests….

I’ll hope though… perhaps they may do a better job here… but I’m expecting the same as what i got with Black Lion Chests and not getting my hopes up. Far as saying thanks, well as i’ve expressed, we’ll wait and see what happens first.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

I really can’t believe how ppl whine so much if they were stupid enough to spend so much money on gambling and rlly think it would definitely get something out of it.

It was allrdy known that the skins were RARE. I don’t cry either if I don’t win in the lottery, even after I’ve spent tons of money on it.

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Wonder how much dust will go up after this patch. Already jumped up quite a bit of copper, I expect the prices to go way up once more people figure this out.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Now instead of a bunch of tonics and boosters, people will end with nothing.
HAHAHAHA

I’ll have my bank space back.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wayshuba.5912

Wayshuba.5912

While your at it, can we please get one of two things for the Mystery Forge.

Either allow the tonics to be any of those ever given in the BLCs (I still have a ton of the specific ones). Or allow us to put four of the old ones in to convert them to four Mystery Tonics.

Would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So what and how to do get the recipes to craft the mystery tonics? I see people saying you can craft them, but not how.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

Thanks for the update ANET.

I have to admit that although I have been a big supporter of ANET (just look at my posting history) when the Halloween event hit live and people found out the drop rates of BLC items and also the ridiculous requirements of craftable items, I spent my day looking into other MMOs to subscribe to. They really messed up, big time.

I am happy to hear that they are reconsidering. Hopefully, the drop rate from these new chests will be high. Please ANET just: (1) Don’t be too greedy for money—the big money comes from having lots of people playing; and (2) Remember that you billed yourself as a CASUAL MMO. If you suddenly start becoming a hardcore MMO, you will be outclassed immediately by all of the actually hardcore MMOs out there.

I mean this as constructive advice and not to be argumentative. I have really loved ANET and their policies in the past.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Death.2091

Death.2091

Well thats just great…I deleted/used all my mystery tonics and boosts because of bank space. And now I need them again…sigh

Well is this recipe going to be active for the event only? Or forever now?

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

my only question is will these chests be unlocked or locked requiring even more keys to be bought

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arthur.6089

Arthur.6089

“Blighton.6425
my only question is will these chests be unlocked or locked requiring even more keys to be bought”

RTFOP

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Please make a variation that doesn’t use mystery tonics, I have endless mystery tonic and deleted all my mystery tonics….Sigh

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene