More Halloween Goodies

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

I understand it’s a lotto and I finally got the ghastly shield skin BUT I do think there should be some sort of code where if you open something like 25 chests your chances will increase for getting a weapon skin or something… In fact I think A.Net could make MORE money by doing it this way. Especially after this event.

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tinantier.5964

Tinantier.5964

This ‘I deserve it now’ attitude is one of the biggest thing that ruins recent MMOs – You gambled, you lost – BOOHOO. No one forced you to buy keys in a game that is FREE TO PLAY but you QQed like spoilt little kids so ANET gives you a 2nd chance and you QQ even more! You weren’t conned, there was no bait and switch, it was YOUR choice to buy the keys.

Seriously, some of you should try an MMO where you actually had to put in work and effort to get a rare item but I fully expect to see the next round of tears and foot stomping come the Xmas event.

Yasma – Mesmer – Divine Legend – Desolation

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

If this event does not show you that Nexon got more than a “little” say on what Anet can or cannot do , then i dont know what could.

Because good skins = good items. Right.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

@Cyric

Actually, let me break it down for you.

>To GAMBLE ON
If we’d known we were gambling, no one would have played the gambling game.
>They provide nothing but vanity, making them OPTIONAL
Considering Guild Wars 2’s endgame is quite literally vanity, I’m not sure how that’s a point in your favor. Playing any game to win it is OPTIONAL.
>Spent real money on a system that can be paid with actual game currency
Unfortunately, when people buy a lot of gems, the exchange rate goes up, and gold becomes worth less. Add to that the transfer tax, and it’s actually far more reasonable to pay 20$ for 1600 gems (maybe 20 gold?) than it is to give up 40 gold for the same amount.
>Only had the definition of RARE to go by
Part of the problem is that no one used the word “Rare” anywhere. Nowhere was the word “rare” used. As a result, most people went into this expecting it to be a reasonable drop rate for a fun holiday, not a pseudolegendary rarity designed to broker a stronger in game economy.
>AN fixes it by giving us another shot are RARE
Unfortunately, once more the word Rare was omitted. It didn’t matter at that point, the money was spent, but I’m baffled as to how getting more useless junk was meant to make anyone feel better about being mislead in the first place.

The honest truth is that you’re fanboying so hard to protect AN, when AN is admitting left and right they’re goofing up. They’re big boys. They don’t need your obviously considerable intellect to protect them.

I would imagine after the first couple of chests, people might have started to think something was up. I know I would’ve immediately thought “not guaranteed” and possibly stopped opening chests until I knew exactly what was going on, not fervently spam click through chests. So if you failed to deduce you were playing “the gambling game”, maybe there’s an issue concerning limited intellect.

Obviously playing any game to win is optional, unless you’re part of the Hunger Games, all games are optional. The argument you’re presenting for this part of my breakdown is really stating nothing of relevance, instead giving you the guise of success in a debate even though you’ve debunked nothing.

The price of gems to gold or gold to gems is irrelevant, regardless of what method of obtaining the gems was a better method. Fact of the matter is, you didn’t have to spend actual money. That’s the point, nothing more or less. You had an alternative, whether it was ideal or not isn’t relevant.

If you insist the word “rare” wasn’t used, then fine. I will concede that part of my argument is flawed, however, it didn’t take long for the community to come to the conclusion the skins were exceedingly uncommon.

As for fanboying for ANet, think what you will. It doesn’t matter to me what company it was, all I’m trying to say is that the majority of people raising pitchforks seem to dismiss the fact that the choice to participate in the “gamble” was completely up to them. That’s my point, I don’t personally approve of the RNG or cash shop being such a big part of the holiday, but it is what it is. If I spent $500 on chests and got one item skin, I’d be a bit perplexed and probably filled with regret, but I wouldn’t blame ANet for something I chose to do.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.

(edited by Cyric.7485)

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Smitt.8602

Smitt.8602

Wow, some of the posts in this thread are just down right dumb. Anet didn’t lie about anything. Why didn’t you convert your gems to gold and just buy the items from the TP? I think it was very cool of them to offer second chances with the new chests. They never said there was a 1 in 6 chance ever! They always stated it was rare too. This is a junk thread.

Have none.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PaneInTheGlass.5607

PaneInTheGlass.5607

These chests are only really giving me what are in the personalized trick-or-treat bags (which are bugged within Lion’s Arch now by the way), along with a few slivers. I feel like these are leaving people with less than what they got out of the black lion chests.

Personally, I am really interested in picking up endless tonics. And I feel like this task is the first bit of anti-fun I’ve encountered in the game. I would even be happy with a ridiculous mystic forge recipe for an endless tonic, just so we could have another goal in mind to get there. You could even make this recipe use many, many regular mystery tonics so that black lion chests still must be opened to acquire them. These stories of people opening 1000 chests without finding what they are looking for make me not want to even try, and I know others feel the same.

So please consider this alternative Arena Net. Keep the fun alive.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

If this event does not show you that Nexon got more than a “little” say on what Anet can or cannot do , then i dont know what could.

Because good skins = good items. Right.

If you dont think good skin = good items let me give you advice.

Stop playing.

This game is about skins , good items are items with good skins.

Stats? If you think these are important on an item at first you are either blind or new to the game.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Its not just Nexon, another company just as bad is Aeria Games. They are well known for ridiculously ‘mystery boxes’ with abysmally low chances for the items people really want – Aeria with Eden Eternal made more than a few people angry with their carrot on a stick chases, not to mention that company charges insane prices for items – first week after launch – Cat Costume Special Deal $40 – /mindblown

The saving grace is that more and more gambling issues pop up, so does the chances the FTC might take an interest and push for laws to stop it.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stimpack.2875

Stimpack.2875

Over 100 BLC chests opened, no skins.
49 Mad King Chests opened, no skins.

I give up, you’ve broken me.

Believe me, I feel the same way. Hopefully things will be different next time, but at least now I know what to expect. Happy Halloween everybody =P

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

I surprised no one mention Valve with their keys and crates from TF2.

No one ever complain to Valve that they are not getting unusual from opening 100 crates.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Let the uber players have the uber skins. How awesome would that skin be if everyone had it? Or if it was available on the cash shop? It would be cool for a day or two, then become “just another skin everyone has”.

I’ve been a level 80 since a week or so after launch and I still haven’t even come close to getting a legendary. When I see them, I admire them. Maybe one day I’ll work towards getting one. That’ll give me a goal for a few days or weeks.

6 months from now, the people that did the work and run around with sick Halloween skins will be proud that they have them. You’re right, it’s the GW2 1%, good for them. If everyone had the best stuff, the best stuff would just seem like junk.

The best / coolest looking items in the game shouldn’t have a 50% drop rate. No matter how much I wish I could have them. It really is for the 1%, that’s OK. That adds prestige to the items.

There are no “uber players” just lucky players.

You can spend hundreds of hours farming and maybe get a few dozen gold, or you can just get 1 lucky drop and get enough money to make a legendary in 1 day.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I love this, just… I have used all my boosters lol
On the bright side I have stocked up whatever mystery tonics I got.
Must try and get hold of some.
Although honestly, not excited about the weaponskins much. No longbow… yet anyway.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

They do, but nobody listens to the people that complain, because Valve is always releasing new content that makes people forget about old grudges.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Il Palazzo.4986

Il Palazzo.4986

With artificer 400 you can craft them for cheap… problem solved

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Sentinel VX.1392

They do, but nobody listens to the people that complain, because Valve is always releasing new content that makes people forget about old grudges.

And those new contents are FREE even to F2P.

Anet also made the halloween content for FREE and yet only little appreciate it because they are busy whining not getting cool item from the chest.

People will just forget this silly issue sooner or later.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ghostwhisper.7921

Ghostwhisper.7921

your wrong those who arent complaining will forget

those who are complainign will never forget and all those i tell wont forget either of what i think of a company that does this and doesnt rectify the problem as i know there are others who feel the same way as me

jeez i hope the elder scrolls mmo is ok…

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: domaspiragas.9810

domaspiragas.9810

Well, I’m one of those who got lucky. I used 15 keys I had saved up form story/clearing areas/drops. Got Pauldrons, and the Greatsword skin. I’m pretty happy about it. I get why people are upset about spending real money and not getting anything. If you don’t like it, don’t do it anymore. If Anet’s not making money from it, they’ll change it. There’s no monthly subscription, they need to make money somehow, to keep improving the game. Have fun and try to remember it’s a game, Happy Halloween!

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chuckles.3754

Chuckles.3754

Thank you. I’ve finally stopped being a pack rat and got rid of all my mystery tonics from months of rolling alts and getting keys. Didn’t get anything special from the chests but that’s fine, I had no intention of dumping more than $5 on them anyhow.

On a side note, they’re dropping things that aren’t related to Halloween at all. I got a few rare crafting materials that are usually dropped by fire and ice elementals.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

The only thing that I don’t care for in this event is the fact that those skins are in the BLC boxes, if anything they should have made it purchasable or as an event prize (ToT bags). I don’t support random item generators, reminds me of Nexon to much.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elish.6134

Elish.6134

skins are selling between 50silver to 29gold (greatsaw) right now on TP. It’s not that expensive, just go farm some gold.

and if you had been smart you would have traded gems for gold instead of buying keys

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

your wrong those who arent complaining will forget

those who are complainign will never forget and all those i tell wont forget either of what i think of a company that does this and doesnt rectify the problem as i know there are others who feel the same way as me

jeez i hope the elder scrolls mmo is ok…

You are entitled to your own opinion as much as others are entitled to share or not to share your opinion, regardless of how you as an individual express that opinion to them. Therefore, the success of a game depends not on the number of complaints, but on the gross activity of the player population.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

Thank you. I’ve finally stopped being a pack rat and got rid of all my mystery tonics from months of rolling alts and getting keys. Didn’t get anything special from the chests but that’s fine, I had no intention of dumping more than $5 on them anyhow.

On a side note, they’re dropping things that aren’t related to Halloween at all. I got a few rare crafting materials that are usually dropped by fire and ice elementals.

That is a property of personalized trick or treat bags, so that’s interesting.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ghostwhisper.7921

Ghostwhisper.7921

did i say if the game was successful or not? did i say complaints will make it unsuccessful ? no stay on topic or leave thanks

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

i just dont open the tp ui at all any more
im working on map completion until its over.
/sadface

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

did i say if the game was successful or not? did i say complaints will make it unsuccessful ? no stay on topic or leave thanks

I’m sorry, did you construe that post as argument? It was made as an observation.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eric The Dangerous.6209

Eric The Dangerous.6209

Will the mad king chest only be for Halloween (seeing as how they use candy corn in creation) or can we, still after Halloween, have a chance to obtain the item skins?

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Soul.5923

Soul.5923

MC chests say account bound. Yet they act like they are soulbound since I can’t take them out of the bank on any other character except the one who originally got them.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Soniti.6851

Soniti.6851

If everyone could farm the holliday skins, they would become common and no one would want them. They aren’t necessary nicer than the skins currently available. With fine transmutation stones in the game, you should be able to find a skin that your happy with. The addition of karma jugs has me considering getting a set of cultural armor. Which in my opion is much nicer than this holliday gear.

Do you even realize what you’re saying? Just because something is easier to get means nobody wants it? Last time I checked, people were still running dungeons to get items they like from them even though tons of people already have that armor. I’m sitting on well over 2000 total dungeon tokens that I have nothing to buy with. You also just said yourself that you think the karma gear is nicer than these holiday items. Surely you’re not the only person who thinks that way. Or maybe your enjoyment of an item depends solely on how many other people have it? So once more people get that karma set, you’ll no longer like it and wish you had the holiday items or something else?

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

I thought the gesture was nice of them, most true f2p companies wouldnt have thought twice about the entire matter. The thing is..we still do not know what they have in store..you might get a chance at another skin..you want those skins because others have them and the jealousy is eating you alive. They never said you would definitely get an item, and BLTC chests are ALWAYS random so what made you think it was going to be common?

You get the book for a backpiece, you can discover some new things, jumping puzzles, recipes, new DE’s..and its not even over yet..and all Ive seen is complaints about how people spent money and didnt get exactly what they wanted from a randomly generated list. Lets be honest here…the event is not bad, its pretty good..what is tainting you is that you want a specific skin, Joe over there has whatever that skin is and you want it, so not getting it, isnt fair.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

Actually the more rare and good looking the skin, the more desirable it is. Take the gun skin that comes out the chests, or the dagger skin. Is going for 1-2g on the tp right now because 1. It’s the more “common” drop and 2. it’s not as desired as the shield or the greatsword skins which are going for 22-35g respectively. So yes, there are MANY people who obtain something because it’s rare and not many have it. There’s also that satisfaction of owning something that not many others have.

I do agree that there should have been some sort of free skins given out to the casual players, and all players really for having participated. With that in mind, we have no idea what the Mad King has in store for the next 3 acts and looking at GW1 it should be good… So hold out and have faith. I’m sure anet has not abandoned the casual players to having souvenirs. It just may not be the rare drops from the BLC or the long term crafting projects.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: yertle.5837

yertle.5837

No one ever complain to Valve that they are not getting unusual from opening 100 crates.

Know why? People understand they are completely random and extremely rare – its even in the name of the item!

It was never stated or implied in any way that these BLC drops would be equivalent in rarity to TF2 unusuals – a reasonable assumption was that they would be a common drop, maybe 1/3 or 1/10 and not a 1/100 super rare jackpot item.

You could argue that the wording “a chance” does not exclude extreme rarity, but if you look at the october 24 patch notes (with details for Mad King Chests) you will note that Arenanet recognized that as an issue and modified the wording to “a rare chance”. Hopefully they stick to this in the future so that customers don’t misunderstand the rarity and feel cheated.

Acenn (Thief)
also L80 Ele/Necro/Mesmer
IoJ

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

Sadly this implementation got me to feel even worse – opened 43 chests, got gift of the moon (figured alot of other players got it aswell). Now the worse part is that exactly 12hours ago (4hours before implementation) I’ve crafted myself this recipe. Due to the fact that alot of players got it without crafting – the price has dropped down from 14g to 3g (the price @ the current moment) and it will continue to fall.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taisaku.3492

Taisaku.3492

Alright. For all those bringing up gambling, let’s get one point clear. (and no, I didn’t spend real money on gems, I stock piled when they where cheap and had 3000 saved up before this event)
No one, not me, not anyone who actually tried to go for the items (if you didn’t try to go for the items, guess what? you don’t qualify in that statement) believed that they were rare beyond belief, maybe a 10% chance for a skin. A reasonable investment of give or take 900 gems (roughly $10).
These items are not legendaries, or pre-cursors. They are fun holiday skins. They’re not something you bring to slay Zhaitan or use in amazing screenshots of you downing the next big baddies.

That being said, lotteries and a lot of other gaming institutions are mandated by law to display the statistics of winning. There is a full disclosure system when trying to win that million dollar prize. This serves a dual purpose. One, the consumer knows that he/she will most likely not win. Two, the organization can say it acted in good faith offering it’s gamble.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aoper.9824

Aoper.9824

I’m not sure why their being common would be a bad thing. The point of a holiday isn’t to bang on about it year round. It’s to have fun for a few weeks, let it piddle out because everyone had it, and move on. That’s what this should have been. Some random trinkity fun skins that if you really liked, you could wear year round, but otherwise most people wouldn’t bother because we all had it.

The problem is that we’re TRYING to make every single thing rare in the same way we do legendary. “Gotta work forty hours for everything” is silly philosophy. I just wanted to grab a chainsword for a couple weeks and buzz saw around with all the other maniacs. Now I have a third job.

Not all content is designed for the casual player. These ‘legendary’ tier Halloween weapons are great for the more hardcore player. “Gotta work forty hours for everything” is not true in the slightest. There is plenty of content you don’t need to work forty hours for, but for the rarest, you do.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

Came across this on the Guru

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/72647-black-lion-chest-halloween-r-d-thread/

Black Lion Chests Opened: 2,027

Probability of a Halloween skin using current sample data: .0182

This applies to Black Lion Chests only. Not the Mad King chests that were recently introduced.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

Know why? People understand they are completely random and extremely rare – its even in the name of the item!

It was never stated or implied in any way that these BLC drops would be equivalent in rarity to TF2 unusuals – a reasonable assumption was that they would be a common drop, maybe 1/3 or 1/10 and not a 1/100 super rare jackpot item.

You could argue that the wording “a chance” does not exclude extreme rarity, but if you look at the october 24 patch notes (with details for Mad King Chests) you will note that Arenanet recognized that as an issue and modified the wording to “a rare chance”. Hopefully they stick to this in the future so that customers don’t misunderstand the rarity and feel cheated.

Wouldn’t the assumption of 1/3 or 1/10 rarity be challenged upon opening more than 15 chests max?

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Taisaku.3492

The sample size is far too small for a 1/10 chance to be determined in 15 openings. As many have said in the thread before, some people get really lucky, other are completely unlucky.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DUAxWolff.2759

DUAxWolff.2759

Ok, you are all talking about the 1% or top 10% of players who get lucky drops and that they are the only ones who can pay for the lodestones ect. So they are decreasing the amount of money that they have and giving it to the people who get lodestones. Probably the people who barely “scrape by”. Congratulations somebody just bough your lodestone on the TP for 1g. Thank you top 10%. Welcome to being a republican.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Sentinel VX.1392

Valve NEVER mentioned the drop rate of unusual.

What they put in the crate description is “etc, etc, or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!”

All the percentage at wiki is speculation by the community which is around 1% chances.

Anet also says it’s a “RARE” chance to get the skin.

Don’t tell me you don’t understand what the meaning of “RARE” is.

There are common, uncommon, and rare for comparison, go figure it out.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Taisaku.3492

Please cite in the original patch notes containing the chests (Black lion, not Mad King) where they say the skins are “RARE”.

Thank you

Edit: Let me save you some time:

COMMERCE
Black Lion Chest Changes

Halloween items have been added to Black Lion Chests for a limited time only!
There is now a chance to get new Halloween-themed weapon skins by opening Black Lion Chests. All weapon skins are tradable.
Chain Sword Skin
Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin
Greatsaw Greatsword Skin
Grinning Gourd Rifle Skin
Scythe Staff Skin
Severed Dagger Skin
There is now a chance to get new Halloween-themed shoulder armor skins by opening Black Lion Chests. All shoulder armor skins are tradable.
Deathly Shoulderpads Skin
Deathly Avian Shoulderpads Skin
Deathly Bull Shoulderpads Skin
All Black Lion Chests have a chance to give these items, but only until the end of the Halloween events.
Get Black Lion Keys from the Consumable section of the Gem Store to open your Black Lion Chests.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Sentinel VX.1392

The drop chance is just ridiculously low…

No wonder there are so many people complain about it and yet still trying to get one…

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CaptSlate.6205

CaptSlate.6205

Look, I weighed in on this problem when it was just BLCs, the Mad King Chests were cool, but didn’t really solve the problem, that problem being people just wanted the skins.

Look, I know now that apparently tons of people have tons of gold just lying around, I don’t, in fact I have barely crested the 15g mark, I don’t play the market because I don’t care too, does that mean I shouldn’t have a shot at these items? You know, some people have jobs, some people don’t play the game 8 hours a day, etc etc. I have 1 level 80 character, I just got there, but I know you don’t care, don’t even bother replying to me, I’m a scrub, I’m a noob, I’m the person that you’re better than, you’re better because you have gold, because you are more intelligent, because “insert you reason here” whatever.

I like to play games to have fun, Anet throughout Guild Wars 1 was by far and away the best company to ever, and I mean EVER buy a game from.

They gave you,

Updates – Content Updates, Festival Updates, The whole Beyond Updates, etc.

A Cash Shop, with value – Costumes that were cool and nice to look at to get into the festival at hand, be it halloween, wintersday, whatever. Bank Panels, Character Slots, even Mercenary Slots.

A community team that listened, and a build team that had fun making their game and updating their content. – My Personal perception.

The problem is, lots of the people here that are just here to add to the problem, to refuse to help out have a few issues, maybe they want to be unique, and I’m ok with that, but I mean, best you get is an “O Wow, that’s cool” or maybe someone will look at you for all of 5 minutes, maybe that’s how you like it, maybe that’s the way you have fun. Good for you. It’s not how I, or how I think lots of other people have fun, we have fun by looking cool, Guild Wars 1 was about looking cool, Guild Wars 2 is about looking cool, only this time only the cool kids can play.

Some of you point to other games, sure, those games do the same thing that Anet did with the BLC, I’ve played those games, but what about gamers that haven’t? What if this is the first time they have ever done this? Will it be their last, probably, you all know something already, RNG chances are bad investments, you know it from other games, now Guild Wars 2 players know it here too. That’s bad for business.

All I am trying to say I guess with this long winded post, is Black Lion Chests are just like every other game now, wastes of time, money, and effort. I wish we could have just had the skins in the cash shop, because the people that really want them, at least in my mind, don’t want to be a unique snowflake (cause this is a game after all, you’re unique, in a field of snowflakes) They just want to look cool all to themselves, you spend most of your time in this game with yourself, not the guy with the sword skin you want, what does it matter how “unique” it is.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

kaffaljidhma.1496

The sample size is far too small for a 1/10 chance to be determined in 15 openings. As many have said in the thread before, some people get really lucky, other are completely unlucky.

At 15 openings, the probability that a chest with 1/10 chance will drop an item is 20%. At 20, it’s 12%. At 30, it’s less than 5%. This is why I’m mystified when people say they’ve opened chests in the hundreds. After a certain amount, you need to stop what you’re doing and re-evaluate your assumptions.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

you guys who are buying black lion chests and spending 50-100 bucks are just not using your heads. If you convert that money to gold, you’d be half way to buying your skin.

Rare drops are rare, money is 100%

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

you can buy the kitten skins from the BLT.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kiraki.9761

Kiraki.9761

kaffaljidhma.1496

This was last night, which was the night after all the people with tons of gold went and played the chest game for what it was worth and coincidentally drove the gem price to 1g/100 gems. I’m sorry you missed it.

I did not miss anything, I have been checking the prices daily and yesterday they where already well over 20 gold. Perhaps you just got lucky with a random person selling it for very low.

Also the gem price has also been close to 1g/100 gems for quite a while now, that is actually how I bought my gems on they day the event started.

(edited by Kiraki.9761)

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Sentinel VX.1392

you can buy the kitten skins from the BLT.

If only they really have kitten skins…

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Agent Orange.6850

Agent Orange.6850

So originally I opened 150 chests.. Got nothing but junk and then had to fork out 30g for the greatsaw skin I wanted. Then I found out ArenaNet were doing this. Was kind of bitter sweet.

So I just put everything i got from the original 150 chests through the forge and got nothing but more junk. Candy corn and tonics.

I know this whole chest thing is a risk, but c’mon.. This is ridiculous. The worst part is I knew this is what was going to happen. ArenaNet have successfully figured out a way to take 150 chests of crap and turn it into 45 chests of crap while making it look like they are doing us a favor.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hero.8470

Hero.8470

You want some RNG with your RNG. Didnt win with your RNG. our bad we added another chance at RNG. Thanks Anet. Never will i buy a key from you again. 50$ wasted. 100 Boosters wasted on the new mad king chests. Same junk except this time they give you specific halloween tonics so you have to spend more money to unlock your bank. Such fail cash shop. Never again.

More Halloween Goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DUAxWolff.2759

DUAxWolff.2759

I really wish that Anet had not added the mad king chests…. I would have preferred that they just left it as is.

Thats right this is not one of those anet sucks go die i didn’t get my precious greatsaw skin, This is a post that makes fun of all of those posts! Serioiusly though i don’t think Anet should have given the people who spent ridiculous amounts of money on chests a second chance for getting a skin. They knew it was a chance and when they lost, or only got a couple skins, they cried loud enough that ANET, being full of compasion, gave them a second chance.

( i really do like you guys anet the title is just to make fun of every other post in this section that says the same thing )

SO before you make a new topic (besides looking at the topics and seeing that about 30 are the same topic as yours), take a deep breath in and say i lost, i will not become a four year old and cry until i get my way. Thank you and goodnigth