Token Wallet! Thank you a-net!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Thanks guys this is really a great new feature. My bank is bleeding WvW badges right now and the ability to pool resources across all characters is awesome. I can go into WvW with any character I like and no longer worry where the karma is going or which toon is going to spend it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Matt Richardson.3028

Matt Richardson.3028

…..

What about gold that is in our guild banks?

What if I want to mail gold to someone else?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

I’ve seen this nowhere.

It will be an automated change or something you have to acquire?

If it’s something you have to buy, will karma and gold become account bound too for those without the wallet?

I addressed this in this thread already, but:

• It is a free feature that will be applied with the build on August 6. After the build you need to log in with each character to get their things into the wallet.
  • So yes, karma and gold will be account bound for all accounts.

If Character #1 have 1000 karma and Character #2 have 10k karma, will I then have a total of 11k karma?

I know the answer should be ‘yes’ but I want to see the response from the Dev.

Thanks.

The Answer is yes.

I’ve finally found a personal game breaker

All my alts are separate, I want them to keep the coins and karma they earn. The other stuff sure but not that. Doesn’t look like there’s any options

I won’t be logging any characters on after the update. Sorry fellas, don’t like raining on parades but I felt I should put it out there

Keep in mind that whenever you log in on an alt, the changes will be applied. This is not just on the day of the patch.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: krizalllid.1490

krizalllid.1490

…..

The gold in guild banks belongs to the guild – it’s not going anywhere. In fact people who liked storing gold in their bank will now have to make a personal guild to deposit gold into :/

I’m more concerned about what happens when you delete every character on your account to get a free server transfer – right now everything in your bank, including deposited gold carries over.

How will the wallet affect this?

Will the gold disappear? You may be able to get around it by using a guild bank.
I don’t know if laurels currently carry over but let’s assume they do.
What about karma since it is being made account wide? What about dungeon tokens?

Would like a dev response to this and their reasoning behind any detrimental changes.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

All my alts are separate, I want them to keep the coins and karma they earn. The other stuff sure but not that. Doesn’t look like there’s any options

I won’t be logging any characters on after the update. Sorry fellas, don’t like raining on parades but I felt I should put it out there

Think of your characters as part of your personal guild, and they pool their resources and fame together.

Granted, it delves into your own personal lore and background role-playing, but that’s how I always viewed my characters, even if I don’t RP.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve seen this nowhere.

If it’s something you have to buy, will karma and gold become account bound too for those without the wallet?

I addressed this in this thread already, but:

• It is a free feature that will be applied with the build on August 6. After the build you need to log in with each character to get their things into the wallet.
  • So yes, karma and gold will be account bound for all accounts.

If Character #1 have 1000 karma and Character #2 have 10k karma, will I then have a total of 11k karma?

I know the answer should be ‘yes’ but I want to see the response from the Dev.

Thanks.

The Answer is yes.

Keep in mind that whenever you log in on an alt, the changes will be applied. This is not just on the day of the patch.

So every character is always carrying all the gold I’ve ever gotten in the game? I’ve already asked this in the other thread but the convenience really doesn’t seem to be worth the drawback. The rest of the change is nice but removing gold storage from the bank is not that great. It just takes one extra keypriss/misclick to basically burn all your gold and I already know what the support response is going to be for something like that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

As much as I like this wallet, I really think it should be opt-in. It’s going to cause a lot of problems with a lot of players.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I’ve seen this nowhere.

Those questions have already been answered. Read the thread.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Here’s my biggest question for you Martin. Will we still be able to send gold to other players through the mail? I hope so, because I enjoy tipping mesmers who port me up JPs and helping guildies get things from the Trading Post.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

zenleto, as Tyria evolves they’ve found a new magical bank system where all your currency stuff automatically and magically will be sent to (because they thought all these various and heaps of different currencies are too much of a hassle for the poor adventurers). Despite being magical (and Tyrian.. something like “human”) doesn’t always mean everything and everyone is considered adequately and as the magic has boundaries the downside is all your characters have to share the same pool where to store and get their needed currencies from.
I really hope you’ll find a way to accept what now sounds game breaking for you.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Martin, that’s the thing. I don’t want the changes applied as described. If I find I can go to Options on the selection screen and toggle on/off Gold or Karma, or any of it, then I’ll be one happy camper. If I can’t then the tent will go into storage until its usable again.

I’m not bagging the game but I think this is a bit of a wall for me.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yata.8932

Yata.8932

Honestly, best thing since achievement chests.

in Queen's Jubilee

zenleto.6179

zenleto, as Tyria evolves they’ve found a new magical bank system where all your currency stuff automatically and magically will be sent to (because they thought all these various and heaps of different currencies are too much of a hassle for the poor adventurers). Despite being magical (and Tyrian.. something like “human”) doesn’t always mean everything and everyone is considered adequately and as the magic has boundaries the downside is all your characters have to share the same pool where to store and get their needed currencies from.
I really hope you’ll find a way to accept what now sounds game breaking for you.

Bah! Humans, what are they good for!

I’ll probably end up just playing one of my 30 exclusively but that’ll hurt my altoholism. Not going to make any decisions until the update anyway.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

So every character is always carrying all the gold I’ve ever gotten in the game? I’ve already asked this in the other thread but the convenience really doesn’t seem to be worth the drawback. The rest of the change is nice but removing gold storage from the bank is not that great. It just takes one extra keypriss/misclick to basically burn all your gold and I already know what the support response is going to be for something like that.

I second this. My one and only complaint about this change. Depositing the majority of my money in the bank is a safety mechanism. I love the idea of not having to run all the way back to the bank to withdraw money, but at the same time I’d rather do that than accidentally click away my savings.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

And to answer a few more questions:

I’m more concerned about what happens when you delete every character on your account to get a free server transfer – right now everything in your bank, including deposited gold carries over.

How will the wallet affect this?

Will the gold disappear? You may be able to get around it by using a guild bank.
I don’t know if laurels currently carry over but let’s assume they do.
What about karma since it is being made account wide? What about dungeon tokens?

Would like a dev response to this and their reasoning behind any detrimental changes.

If you delete a character before logging in on it once, all the currency on that character will be lost.

Assuming you logged in on each character on your account once after the changes are implemented to apply their currencies to the wallet: The wallet will maintain the currencies that have been acquired on an account, even when you delete every single character on that account.

…..

Guild banks do still exist, and you can mail gold to someone else like you do now, the gold is taken out of the wallet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I know what you mean. This actually has me a little scared. I know not to long ago i was playing wvw and some one got Emberglow as a drop (scepter that is worth about 5 gold) i usually look things up on the TP so i did with this one as well. The sell orders come up first as usual and i go to click the button to see the buy orders. A tiny bit of lag later and i now own an Emberglow. Now this was only 5 gold so no big deal but if i have a couple hundred gold that now I’m forced to have on character im just waiting to see the QQ threads of people messing up. Also right now i only keep one gold on each of my characters and the rest in my bank so something like that can’t happen again. Well i guess ill just have to be extra careful with what i’m doing after this patch.

OK worrying aside thank you very very much Anet, we have been asking for this wallet thingy for a long time and it is great to see it actually happen. Now i can put other things on my mules.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

I second this. My one and only complaint about this change. Depositing the majority of my money in the bank is a safety mechanism. I love the idea of not having to run all the way back to the bank to withdraw money, but at the same time I’d rather do that than accidentally click away my savings.

I just remembered if you have a personal guild with a bank you can store money in there to protect it from yourself. That is what i’m going to do.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Desraedos.1856

Desraedos.1856

I’ll probably end up just playing one of my 30 exclusively but that’ll hurt my altoholism. Not going to make any decisions until the update anyway.

The guild bank is definitely an idea to keep only a certain stipend but I gotta ask… WHY is this a gamebreaker? Why not just….not use the cash you didn’t earn with that character? I am genuinely curious, as I cannot see how your fun is impacted by this in any way?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

I’m genuinely confused about the people complaining about this feature… How does account wide gold and karma affect you negatively? Creating a new alt becomes a whole lot easier now by having access to money right off the bat! I swear people just complain for the sake of complaining.

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in Queen's Jubilee

zenleto.6179

The guild bank is definitely an idea to keep only a certain stipend but I gotta ask… WHY is this a gamebreaker? Why not just….not use the cash you didn’t earn with that character? I am genuinely curious, as I cannot see how your fun is impacted by this in any way?

Its just a “thing”. Everyone has one, this one is mine. I can’t really explain it more than that.

:)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Wow, with this and the dungeon rewards I might actually start doing dungeons again! I’m excited just thinking about it. This right here is the innovation other MMO’s should take notes of.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Thank goodness. I, and others, suggested this idea shortly after launch. Good job a-net.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Its just a “thing”. Everyone has one, this one is mine. I can’t really explain it more than that.

And you don’t have to. Although in my personal opinion it is a really great thing and very welcomed by me I am aware that some others might be negatively affected by the changes they are making.
I really hope you will adapt to these changes with time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

Personally, for me it is like I have a main, where most of my money goes to. Then I have some alts, which I don’t want to spend money on from my bank or whatever. Thus, I only use the money that the specific alt has accumulated so I don’t “waste”
the money that I have saved on my main. If that makes sense…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cranapple.5637

Cranapple.5637

I think the account wallet is a great addition. However, I do share similar concerns with other players. I also try to keep my currencies separated to prevent myself from spending too much. Will we still be able to transfer money from our account wallet to our banks or will we have to rely solely on personal guild banks? I will be so sad if we can’t deposit gold into our banks anymore. It’s my precursor savings fund!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Akuseru.3512

Akuseru.3512

This makes my life significantly easier. Thank you ArenaNet. You guys are awesome.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I think our normal bank should let us store gold anyway. Some people like to have it away to avoid accidents, and it doesn’t hurt anyone. Why remove it?

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

I think the account wallet is a great addition. However, I do share similar concerns with other players. I also try to keep my currencies separated to prevent myself from spending too much. Will we still be able to transfer money from our account wallet to our banks or will we have to rely solely on personal guild banks? I will be so sad if we can’t deposit gold into our banks anymore. It’s my precursor savings fund!

You will have to rely on your personal guild bank. From what the devs are saying the personal bank is being taken out (meaning its ability to hold gold). Good thing i have a full vault/trove so i can split the money 4 ways if i want. I suggest other people that have concerns about all your money being available to you at all times invest in a personal guild bank. I takes 5 gold converted to influence to get the first vault.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Poki.8235

Poki.8235

Depositing coins into the bank is no longer possible.

Mmmm…. could I ask for this feature to come back in a later patch? (since I realize it’s probably too late to do anything about it now).

I like depositing gold in my back so I don’t accidentally spend it. I already had an incident once when I bought a pair of Heavy Tier 3 Cultural Boots on my Thief :/ (this was before you added a warning before buying those. I still have them in my bank as a reminder and in hopes that I can get my money back one of these days…)

Tyria… the dragons have always been here…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

:) yay!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Those questions have already been answered. Read the thread.

I did. They weren’t. They changed The Matrix.

Actually, I had to leave the computer while I was writing that. When I came back, and posted that a few hours after it was written, since I had to leave. The forums won’t show you new posts when you hit preview, so I didn’t see the answer. As it was answered after I wrote it, but before I posted it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

While I appreciate Karma being made account bound rather than character bound, I do wonder if the same courtesy is extended to World versus World experience? Much like Karma, earning that particular currency on a different character is a punishment towards your character in actual need of the world points. Can we get that shared across characters too?

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

Depositing coins into the bank is no longer possible.

Mmmm…. could I ask for this feature to come back in a later patch? (since I realize it’s probably too late to do anything about it now).

I like depositing gold in my back so I don’t accidentally spend it. I already had an incident once when I bought a pair of Heavy Tier 3 Cultural Boots on my Thief :/ (this was before you added a warning before buying those. I still have them in my bank as a reminder and in hopes that I can get my money back one of these days…)

Guild bank man GUILD BANK, it is the new personal (stopping me from messing up and losing a lot of money) bank.

in Queen's Jubilee

MithranArkanere.8957

While I appreciate Karma being made account bound rather than character bound, I do wonder if the same courtesy is extended to World versus World experience? Much like Karma, earning that particular currency on a different character is a punishment towards your character in actual need of the world points. Can we get that shared across characters too?

WXP is not a currency, you can’t spend it. It’s like Experience, but instead giving you skill points, it gives you WvW Rank points.

I’d love to see both WvW rank and Commander being account-wide but I greatly doubt it happen.

Not even some way to ease the costs for players who favor multiple characters, like a way to transfer points to other characters like the Skill Tome, or a big payment to unlock the commander feature and the panel in the Hero panel account-wide, then another smaller (yet still relatively big big) payment per character so that character can set itself as commander.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cranapple.5637

Cranapple.5637

You will have to rely on your personal guild bank. From what the devs are saying the personal bank is being taken out (meaning its ability to hold gold). Good thing i have a full vault/trove so i can split the money 4 ways if i want. I suggest other people that have concerns about all your money being available to you at all times invest in a personal guild bank. I takes 5 gold converted to influence to get the first vault.

Dang…that is kind of disappointing. I don’t understand why they can’t just leave the original guild bank in as a feature.

Thanks for replying, btw.

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

WXP is not a currency, you can’t spend it.

Technically you do spend it on wvw mastery lines. Unless you use some other term when you use them.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Thank you heaps Anet, 2000+ Badges of Honor is too much for my bank. o/

in Queen's Jubilee

MithranArkanere.8957

Technically you do spend it on wvw mastery lines. Unless you use some other term when you use them.

You could say you are not ‘spending them’, but ‘assigning’ them.
More than you exchanging a currency for goods and services, you are assigning points to to unlock the skills. The points are ‘still there’. Permanently, but still there.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

You could say you are not ‘spending them’, but ‘assigning’ them.
More than you exchanging a currency for goods and services, you are assigning points to to unlock the skills. The points are ‘still there’. Permanently, but still there.

But you can’t get the points back so they are “spent”.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I’m genuinely confused about the people complaining about this feature… How does account wide gold and karma affect you negatively?

Waypoint fees.

Generally pays not to have accessible gold when you’re running around the Bazaar or the Aetherblade jumping puzzle.

in Queen's Jubilee

Uther Deathhand.1570

I’m genuinely confused about the people complaining about this feature… How does account wide gold and karma affect you negatively?

Waypoint fees.

Generally pays not to have accessible gold when you’re running around the Bazaar or the Aetherblade jumping puzzle.

You do know that WPing comes out of your personal bank if you don’t have enough on your character? So this will change nothing. Time to put your gold in a guild bank. by the way WPing can’t take it out of there.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel.

My characters are all separate individuals. There is no reason they need to have their gold and karma pooled together. I want to know what they have earned on their own; if they need to borrow from each other, that is what the bank is for.

Really, so much of the game is already account wide (storage, achievements, etc.) it’s annoying, IMO, to have the lines between the characters blurred even more.

I know most people love it, and it seems like an awesome feature to have available, but I would really like to be able to opt out of it.

I won’t stop playing the game over this, but it makes me really, REALLY unhappy that this is being implemented across the board.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

I have over 200k karma on a character…does that mean i can now use the 200k karma with my other characters? :O

Correct. All currencies in the wallet will be account bound.

Thank you so much for the confirmation ^^
I just chugged 3 mils worth of karma. I can’t feel my index finger.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

You do know that WPing comes out of your personal bank if you don’t have enough on your character? So this will change nothing. Time to put your gold in a guild bank. by the way WPing can’t take it out of there.

Yes.

What this means is moving it to another character doesn’t work anymore; previously it did. Still viable are the guild bank and BLTC bids.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

Reading through I think two questions have not been answered.

Can we still deposit / remove gold from the guild bank? I would hope so even if it is no longer offered in our own banks.

What happens to the mystic coins, are they going to be ‘account bound’? Currently these are traded to gain access to mystic forge recipes and if they can no longer be sold on the marketplace could be devastating to the community as a whole.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

I love this idea, and it’s gonna save a lot of bank space with regards to wvw badges and dungeon tokens but I really wish they didn’t do it with gold.

Why? Because I like my gold being safe in the bank to prevent accidental expensive purchases on tp or accidental excessive gold sent to someone via mail. Now I feel very very paranoid about this….

Please do this with badges, tokens and relics but not gold.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Reading through I think two questions have not been answered.

Can we still deposit / remove gold from the guild bank? I would hope so even if it is no longer offered in our own banks.

What happens to the mystic coins, are they going to be ‘account bound’? Currently these are traded to gain access to mystic forge recipes and if they can no longer be sold on the marketplace could be devastating to the community as a whole.

Why would mystic coins become account bound? They are currently stored in the collectables tab, just like crafting mats. I don’t see any reason why this change should affect them.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can we please still be able to put gold in our banks? I like to be able to horde my gold there to keep my spending to a minimum…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

Mystic coins are crafting materials, not a currency

in Queen's Jubilee

Gnat.9405

And the dev in this thread stated that deposit will no longer be possible