5/31: FA-TC-SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I miss Tier 2. All of the DB fare-weathers are out to play and I can’t get into the maps. ;_;

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Hi TC, we miss you guys.

Saw you browsing our forums .. thinking of coming over? Do I need to bake cookies?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

I don’t see any FA towers on TC bl. I don’t see any TC towers on FA bl. I see plenty of both on SoS bl. It’s fun having a tier 4 (should have gone to tier 3) server in tier 2 isn’t it? Let’s not pretend anyone on either side is looking for a good fight.

If SoS stood a chance of rallying this weekend, the approach both FA and TC have taken to SoS bl is preventing it from happening.

Let’s talk meta for a second, both TC and FA are servers who will focus on their home BL first, in fact on FA (I can’t speak for Tc) we have guilds who will not go anywhere else until our BL is ours. Welcome to tier two, where guilds will drop everything to resecure their BL. (Unfair, or smart play?
)

Ummm, don’t put TC in the some group of stupid that FA is in. TC protects their home yes, but they don’t do it to the point that it becomes a detriment like FA does. You could literally send a group of 20 people over to FA’s home BL, and just have that group to charge at the 60-80 man zerg that shows up to stop them while you take everything else they have on any other map.

Real classy there. Real classy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fujikura.6754

Fujikura.6754

Salute to all those who came to fight last night on TCBL. All sides showed up and I don’t think anyone just hid away in any towers all night. Here’s a bit of it from [PiNK]’s perspective:

We were trying to figure out why TC wanted that platform so badly lol

Sea of Sorrows
Swords of Villanousity [SoV]
www.villanousity.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

That particular platform should be worth 9000 ppt!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Hi TC, we miss you guys.

; A ;.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Here is a score update!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

I don’t see any FA towers on TC bl. I don’t see any TC towers on FA bl. I see plenty of both on SoS bl. It’s fun having a tier 4 (should have gone to tier 3) server in tier 2 isn’t it? Let’s not pretend anyone on either side is looking for a good fight.

If SoS stood a chance of rallying this weekend, the approach both FA and TC have taken to SoS bl is preventing it from happening.

Let’s talk meta for a second, both TC and FA are servers who will focus on their home BL first, in fact on FA (I can’t speak for Tc) we have guilds who will not go anywhere else until our BL is ours. Welcome to tier two, where guilds will drop everything to resecure their BL. (Unfair, or smart play?
)

Ummm, don’t put TC in the some group of stupid that FA is in. TC protects their home yes, but they don’t do it to the point that it becomes a detriment like FA does. You could literally send a group of 20 people over to FA’s home BL, and just have that group to charge at the 60-80 man zerg that shows up to stop them while you take everything else they have on any other map.

Can’t you see his/her monocle and top hat? He/She is the pinnacle of classiness.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: loweyz.6875

loweyz.6875

Hiya TC/FA, Show of respect from Elite Ones (LeeT) your bringing us together as a guild and I cant thank you enough, enjoying the carnage
regards,
Liquid Myst
(Leet) SoS thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i’ve noticed that the majority of SoS thieves i’ve come across are running the basilisk venom>mug>backstab builds. now, i’m not going to say what you should or shouldn’t do, but i can offer a bit of advice. that set up is pretty obsolete, to be honest. as i said on the thief forums (seeming thousands of times….) when everyone was crying for it to be nerfed, it’s a one trick pony. once people learn how it works, it’s pretty easy to beat. the best case scenario with them is to gank stragglers who aren’t anywhere close to any objectives. aside from that, they’re pretty much useless.

personally, i find the d/p perma-stealth troll thief to be far more potent. you can sill get good backstabs in, and you frustrate your opponents into making a ton of mistakes. the perma-stealth makes you the best scouts possible, capable of trailing a zerg without anyone in it knowing. the blind from your pistol #5 is a great defensive tool as well. for elites, thieves guild is a good compliment, since they’ll attack while you’re in stealth.

also, don’t go glass cannon. the counter to stealth is supposed to be AoE, and if you’re a glass cannon, it actually hurts like hell, and can possibly even kill you before your stealth wears off. the cavalier rings and earrings (power, toughness, crit damage) from the temple of balthazar should be standard, even if you still want to go with full berserker’s armor and amulet. that should give you about the same level of offense, with a decent level of defense. you’ll lose out a little on your crit chance, but it will end up at around 50% still. you can even swap to a set of knight’s armor and short bow for running with a zerg. a thief with 3k armor and 80% crit damage is far more dangerous than a thief with 2k armor and 104% crit damage.

on the topic of basilisk venom, avoid it like the plague. it’s just plain not worth an elite slot anymore. the duration is too short, and it’s too easy to break out of. if you want an immoblize, devourer venom is much much better. it’s basically the same thing, but lasts longer, applies on two hits instead of just one, has the same cooldown, and is harder to break out of. and it doesn’t take up an elite slot.

there is a downside, however. if you can promote the switch to the bulk of your thieves, about 200 more “nerf thief” whining threads will suffocate the thief forums again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

uuhh. thanks Thief!

Go FA/SoS lets keep things interesting against TC. Bring your best for the rest of the week.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: loweyz.6875

loweyz.6875

thx for your advice, duly noted a lot of us that hang it groups of 2-3 have a different elite each to compliment each other 1 of us is usually the bait, P/D seems too easy so I know a few of us like to mix it up with the different builds we seem to be doin pretty well atm with our builds

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Hi TC, we miss you guys.

Was just saying the same thing about you guys earlier today in mumble. :-/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

)

Can’t you see his/her monocle and top hat? He/She is the pinnacle of classiness.

I would like a monocle and top hat too. :|

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Hopefully in the future DB and TC will meet again, really miss fighting you guys. Hope your match up is full of excitement!

/Salute

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Really love how TC/FA do open field fights all the time, so much fun.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scanty.7623

Scanty.7623

Congratulations to the absolute trash FA Unreal Aussie Necro that had to abuse an invuln spot until his friends came along to ruin a 1v1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roquefort.4160

Roquefort.4160

sounds like he beat you..

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ragner Angel.4368

Ragner Angel.4368

Congratulations to the absolute trash who stuck around to try and fight after the necro started abusing the invul spot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

i’ve noticed that the majority of SoS thieves i’ve come across are running the basilisk venom>mug>backstab builds. now, i’m not going to say what you should or shouldn’t do, but i can offer a bit of advice. that set up is pretty obsolete, to be honest. as i said on the thief forums (seeming thousands of times….) when everyone was crying for it to be nerfed, it’s a one trick pony. once people learn how it works, it’s pretty easy to beat. the best case scenario with them is to gank stragglers who aren’t anywhere close to any objectives. aside from that, they’re pretty much useless.

personally, i find the d/p perma-stealth troll thief to be far more potent. you can sill get good backstabs in, and you frustrate your opponents into making a ton of mistakes. the perma-stealth makes you the best scouts possible, capable of trailing a zerg without anyone in it knowing. the blind from your pistol #5 is a great defensive tool as well. for elites, thieves guild is a good compliment, since they’ll attack while you’re in stealth.

also, don’t go glass cannon. the counter to stealth is supposed to be AoE, and if you’re a glass cannon, it actually hurts like hell, and can possibly even kill you before your stealth wears off. the cavalier rings and earrings (power, toughness, crit damage) from the temple of balthazar should be standard, even if you still want to go with full berserker’s armor and amulet. that should give you about the same level of offense, with a decent level of defense. you’ll lose out a little on your crit chance, but it will end up at around 50% still. you can even swap to a set of knight’s armor and short bow for running with a zerg. a thief with 3k armor and 80% crit damage is far more dangerous than a thief with 2k armor and 104% crit damage.

on the topic of basilisk venom, avoid it like the plague. it’s just plain not worth an elite slot anymore. the duration is too short, and it’s too easy to break out of. if you want an immoblize, devourer venom is much much better. it’s basically the same thing, but lasts longer, applies on two hits instead of just one, has the same cooldown, and is harder to break out of. and it doesn’t take up an elite slot.

there is a downside, however. if you can promote the switch to the bulk of your thieves, about 200 more “nerf thief” whining threads will suffocate the thief forums again.

I’ll start believing its obsolete when it stops killing people plain and simple. It may be for you, but let me just say I have had great success in killing players from both fa and Tc with that specific build.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moh Jay.7240

Moh Jay.7240

Congratulations to the absolute trash FA Unreal Aussie Necro that had to abuse an invuln spot until his friends came along to ruin a 1v1.

Not like TC does similar things…

Fort Aspenwood – Worst guardian in Guild Wars
Unreal Aussies [uA]
Embrace the Enemy [Corp]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

l2p issue

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nothing like the zerg at NE tower on TCBL on reset who was trying to hit us coming out of the spawn. That one spot on the cliff where the invuln spot comes out, they stayed and tried to fight us LOL. 1V30 has never been so viable as the moment they tried ganging up on our commander. “I’ll fight their zerg.”

Really though, if that upset you enough to post on the forums, please go outside and take a break or something.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Wut? If people are exploiting, take some screenshots and report them. If they’re standing in a ‘determined’ area then just leave them there to stand.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

personally, i find the d/p perma-stealth troll thief to be far more potent.

D/P is for those that are too incompetent to use C&D in combat, they need face-roll stealth.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

seeing TC and FA numbers reminds me of when we were in T1…. memories.

At least we’re not getting completely destroyed in open field combat, it seems like a good mix of win some, lose some.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

One of the toasties made this suggestion regarding WvWvW

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/An-idea-for-sentrying-binoculars-telescopes/first#post2139472

What are you guys thoughts on this? I personally think its fantastic and adds a new dynamic to the game if it were ever implemented. Do post in that thread with your thoughts, we should try to keep good suggestions bumped up as much as possible.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

One of the toasties made this suggestion regarding WvWvW

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/An-idea-for-sentrying-binoculars-telescopes/first#post2139472

What are you guys thoughts on this? I personally think its fantastic and adds a new dynamic to the game if it were ever implemented. Do post in that thread with your thoughts, we should try to keep good suggestions bumped up as much as possible.

It’s an awesome idea, more bumpage and visibility will hopefully bring it to ANET’s attention.

But who am i kidding lol.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmEM.6072

iAmEM.6072

DPS FTW in SEA PT.. i like SoS and btw what happend to TC they getting farmed in SEA PT

Head South East Asian Commander
Fort-Aspenwood/[DPS] Deep Penetrations

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

TC is the same. SEA time has always been the weak time. ^.^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Yep. The only reason we were able to stand up to DB’s SEA is cause we had some people pulling long hours.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

DPS FTW in SEA PT.. i like SoS and btw what happend to TC they getting farmed in SEA PT

We were outmanned from about 5am until about 9am EST. All told though, I’m proud that we were able to hold our own against y’all. Definitely put up a fight! <3

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

I’ll start believing its obsolete when it stops killing people plain and simple. It may be for you, but let me just say I have had great success in killing players from both fa and Tc with that specific build.

oh, you can still gank people with it, but that’s all you can do with it. you’ll get your kills, but they’ll just be a meaningless number. it’s like filling your garrison up with rams to boost your supply use score.

oh, and i’ve never bothered to use that set up. i’ve countered it entirely too many times to be fooled by it. like i said, it’s a one trick pony, and once someone knows how to counter that trick, they demolish you. you’re also extremely limited in what options you have. basically, your option is to just run around ganking random stragglers. i’ve never used d/p either. it relies entirely too heavily on the stealth mechanic. i roll a d/d with a mix of knights and berserker armor, with cavalier jewelry, and a shortbow swap. i switch between a 0/30/30/10/0 and my own utility creation of 0/30/15/10/15. if i get hit by basilisk venom, unless i’m outnumbered, i win 9/10 times. mainly because the glass cannon build can’t take a hit, and i can take several. so i’ll live through their burst, but they won’t live through mine afterwards. d/p, however, is a bit tougher to counter mainly due to the annoyance factor.

but, it was only a suggestion. there’s certainly no need to pay attention to any of it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

“SoS doesn’t need help from another server hopper guild.
If anet knew how to code a formula correctly, we’d be back in tier 1 after winning 8 straight weeks in a row by almost 100k.
SoS wins like every other high tier server, population during off hours.
Anet is pretty screwy when it comes to game balance.
I don’t think they actually play their own game, they’re too busy fixing it.”

Still looking forward to tier 1 SoS?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

TC has always had a weak oceanic and SEA time. ALWAYS. Quite frankly, we have more people that are supposed to fill these slots than are showing up this week so far. No one came to relieve the TCBL crew on reset (the NA pulled a 12 hour+ shift, thank you very much) only to have our garrison taken by 10 people and 5 golems. I’m suspecting some level of burn out from those time slots on TC, which is understandable given that they had to face off with DBs crazy huge SEA coverage for 5 weeks.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

At risk of tooting our own horn, TC generally doesnt play to crush the opposition, if we think we are comfortable the foot comes of the pedal.

I mean no disrespect to the other servers in the matchup.

The quality of the fights have little relation to the ppt especially when numbers are fairly even.

Nice to see FA back in numbers we know you can field and it’s great to see SoS turn up regardless of the score, props.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmEM.6072

iAmEM.6072

Skills vs numbers that is FA. <3

Head South East Asian Commander
Fort-Aspenwood/[DPS] Deep Penetrations

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nasdy.4927

Nasdy.4927

I am loving this forum! And also loving this matchup! Our guild has not been so involved and excited about WvW for a while since months of T4 PvDoor. This new match-up has allowed us to re-train ourselves and practice those special tactics we had used for Tier 1 back in the days. Awesome to see that TC and FA are enjoying our company. Though it hurts to be mowed down by a zerg twice our size, I would never hesitate to run in again when the opportunity shows. The odd reversal of when we actually survive and dang dem lootbags is also, oh so sexy!

Good job TC sieging up Hills on SoS BL with ac’s like a boss today. We eventually took it after humpteen attempts at taking them down.

Nasdy Rat – Asura Guardian
Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

:3 epic defense by sos at gar. i think you guys downed me like 9 times, i died 4 times and run back, but eventually we got the place due to sheer will.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

So, SoS garrison

/salute to SoS for your relentless defense, and massive props to [Awe] and [xTyr] + militia in what has to be one of the most epic prolonged battles I’ve ever been a part of. I’m not sure how it happened because all the while it felt like we were outnumbered like 3 to 1 at the least, but things happened.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slashco.3927

Slashco.3927

This has to be the most unbalanced matchup I’ve ever seen. The FA and TC folks that think it’s great to beat up on a T4 server… well, I don’t know what to say to you. I do know that ANET won’t be getting anymore GEM $ from me if things are like this. I want balanced North American fights, which SOS had until this last week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

This has to be the most unbalanced matchup I’ve ever seen. The FA and TC folks that think it’s great to beat up on a T4 server… well, I don’t know what to say to you. I do know that ANET won’t be getting anymore GEM $ from me if things are like this. I want balanced North American fights, which SOS had until this last week.

You are looking at it the wrong way. Look how much ranking your server is gaining by fighting as hard as you are. At the end of the week, even if you come in 3rd for the tier, you’ll still have blown both TC and FA away in rating points. You’ll be winning overall and will be able to progress instead of stuck in a tier.

I’ve been impressed with SoS so far this week, you guys and gals are bringing good fights!! I’ve left many bags on the battlefield for you.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

I don’t know anyone from TC who thinks it’s great to beat up on a T4 server and I doubt any self respecting player from FA would either. No one chose this matchup, we were in pretty well balanced tier before the changes.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Months of winning by by nearly 100k is not a balanced matchup either.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

:3 Peace SOS.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

ANet won’t have to worry, though, if they don’t get your gems – they get plenty from TC whenever they introduce the next “gosh that’s cool looking!” thing. xD

I’m seeing plenty of SoS “this is a fun matchup!” posts – you might want to talk to them, maybe they can help you see the light. It’s those folks who are getting tons of lootbags and carrying your server to a higher Glicko rating.

/salute to the SoS folks fighting the good fight. You guys rock.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jermz.4613

Jermz.4613

Still looking forward to tier 1 SoS?

I’m pretty sure majority of us don’t want to be tier 1. We would much prefer T3 afaik.

Had a lot of fun clearing TC @ lowlands earlier today. Good killing ZN xD

Sea of Sorrows ~ gw2-seaofsorrows.com
[HLX] Helix Leader ~ http://helix.venturegamers.com

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I’d like to point out that any time I’ve been in mumble when we push your garrison theres always a level of “we’d rather be hitting FA, but oh well” in the commanders voice. Everyone feels bad for you guys, but ‘maybe’ you stop playing the victim card, and start realizing that TC and FAs rating are both falling because of this matchup, with your own rating doing better. This is less of a “lets throw low tier servers into T2” issue and more of a “see how well you an do in T2” situation for you, and quite frankly it could be worse.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mattimeo.2146

Mattimeo.2146

I’d like to point out that any time I’ve been in mumble when we push your garrison theres always a level of “we’d rather be hitting FA, but oh well” in the commanders voice.

Don’t be like that, we need bags too :p

Hester
SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

SoS has earned a lot of respect from me this week.
You guys bring the fight, and don’t give up

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria