6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

The politics in Tier 1 threads is amazing. Having roundabout discussions about servers buying guilds and engaging in underhanded, sneaky, nefarious activities gets kind of old, no?

You know we’re all here sitting behind screens, playing GW2, trying to have fun. Learn to be nice to eachother?

And have some icecream; it’s summer!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s winter here down in Australia

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sasarella.9640

Sasarella.9640

<3 To SoR. Miss j00!

Sasarella – JQ – Bully, Commander and Princess of Army of Shepherds [AoS]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Well, Australia is just weird. You and your southern hemisphere crap, confusing summer and winter. That said, Aussies are sexy so I can let it go. ♥

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hullo To U.7259

Hullo To U.7259

Haha yer mate, it might get below 20c… Freezing!

Also, say hi to the OCX on SoS

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

It’s funny seeing people claim skill is how they win.

Numbers are a very important factor, but skill does matter. If you mass up numbers, but still lose in the big fights, eventually you won’t have numbers anymore since people won’t keep playing to get killed, and then it’s all over. And if you win those fights, then you’ll gather even larger numbers and people will stay logged on long past their bedtime, so you’ll keep winning.

You can see this internally on SoR, when it’s just Rallians fighting and not one of the big WvW guilds. When we lose certain skilled commanders, the effectiveness of the group suddenly falls dramatically, and then numbers start to trail off. And when those commanders log on and take control, suddenly we start easily winning battles we were struggling with before, and then numbers start to swell.

This isn’t intended as trash talk – just to point out that there is some skill involved in winning the tactical fights. This is a precursor to maintaining and building the numbers necessary to win the overall strategic game.

Kitten of Rall

(edited by IXJac.4197)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Wonder what’s gonna happen when SoR has 4 maps queued and only 1 map has resistance lol.

Coming to think of it. Maybe we can do somekind of fight club or something like that ?

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Gelato in winter is still awesome because it doesn’t melt. Oh, and no flies.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

I prefer gelato over ice cream. Try it if you never have. And if you have, congratulations. And if you can’t remember if you have or haven’t, try it again, or think really hard, until something pops out of there, could be anything, you won’t know until you try.

I played on SoR for a few months and their organization is quite impressive, particularly if you log onto their TS server. If either TC or SoS ends up with a higher number of points at the end of the week, I’ll be amazed.

TC has enough numbers at certain times to put up a good fight, though, and I am having fun. Even if we end up with lower points, I enjoy the randomized matches, for the.. randomness. And I’ve already learned new things just by dying a few times last night

TOAST + RALL + SAUCE = WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Hi sor and sos. Doing good. I am enjoying our matchup. Although TC isn’t scoring much, it brings about the true colors of the players. Keep it up and continue lighting the fire.

Keep it up TC.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

Mad props to SoS and TC for always coming back out to fight despite the odds.

Tarnished Coast WvW

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Come on. This has to be the stupidest matchup ever.
2 weeks ago, before anet introduced this “new and improved” formula, our server (SOS) was 10th on the rank, in tier 4. After 1 weeks of getting run over by TC mega size zerg, not only they put us with the same server, but now with SOR that has the highest rating of all server? We lost 70 percent of our players coming to wvw last match up because of all the bullying we got from T2 servers, and they were ALL hoping to get better match up, such as Maguuma, Kaining, or Yaks. Not only they tied us with TC again, but with SOR. Gets your kittens to gether. There is NO WAY, we will not get farmed against these two servers. Such dumb system. Enjoy your WvW chest SOR.

I agree, these match ups are ridiculous.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

I agree, these match ups are ridiculous.

When life gives you lemons…

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Forget the ranking system. BG is only a high tier because they recruit everyone possible rather than try to better themselves. SoR is number 1 because it grew based on skill.

Yeah all the guilds you have gotten to SoR are not important in any way. IRON is so not the largest European guilds on a NA SERVER in any way shape or form. I mean we RK is only numbered 3 to 1 by them.

All the other guilds that have joined SoR over time they are not real guilds at all. No you grew in skill only…

Waage, every post I see you or your members saying we outnumber you 3-1. Yeh in the first week or two of transferring we had good numbers, but sometimes we are are down to 15 odd people in prime time. Sometimes more.

We rarely ever get 45 online in wvw, I would say the average is closer to 25-30. Having said that you do not run alone in eu time, whereas we usually run tagless.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

It’s funny seeing people claim skill is how they win.

Numbers are a very important factor, but skill does matter. If you mass up numbers, but still lose in the big fights, eventually you won’t have numbers anymore since people won’t keep playing to get killed, and then it’s all over. And if you win those fights, then you’ll gather even larger numbers and people will stay logged on long past their bedtime, so you’ll keep winning.

You can see this internally on SoR, when it’s just Rallians fighting and not one of the big WvW guilds. When we lose certain skilled commanders, the effectiveness of the group suddenly falls dramatically, and then numbers start to trail off. And when those commanders log on and take control, suddenly we start easily winning battles we were struggling with before, and then numbers start to swell.

This isn’t intended as trash talk – just to point out that there is some skill involved in winning the tactical fights. This is a precursor to maintaining and building the numbers necessary to win the overall strategic game.

Eh, what I saw on SOR BL was mostly numbers, however there was a lot of skill and coordination involved as well. Although, pretty much most of the people on the whole map were in one guild, and I think that played a big role.

This isn’t meant to take anything away from SOR because obviously they are epic at WvW. Im just stating that the primary issue my guild had on SOR BL was dealing with such a larger coordinating zerg.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Vodka. Oh wait, I gave that up 603 days ago. Not that I’m counting. At all.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

numbers and coverage for the most part always equal the winner

but there r a lot of skilled guilds from all servers and most just wanna have epic battles

lets try and keep the drama out of this thread esp the SOR/BG if anyone from bg comes here just ignore them plzz tc and sos don’t deserve listening to us argue

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

HEY THERS ONE GET EM GET EM

Attachments:

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

This is arena net defending the stacked up servers BG and JQQ players making them winning to keep them happy i guess (they are half of the total player base).

SoR is also bored and we have massive respect for SoS and TC for still puting some fight.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

If you’re really bored you can have [Choo] [Tsym] and [IRON] transfer over to us!

No?

NAGA|TC

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Here was my first thought when I saw who we were matched with this week.

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

wow wow why cant sor have the rainbow

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

We’ll share the rainbow sprinkles we are putting on the cookies this week.
If you’ll just come a bit closer, I’ll have one of our delivery carts send them right out for all of you :p

Toasted Coaster

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

some sor shenanigans with help from sos

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

If you’re really bored you can have [Choo] [Tsym] and [IRON] transfer over to us!

No?

Dont worry ill be upgrading a low level during this week to help the balance :P

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

Eh, what I saw on SOR BL was mostly numbers, however there was a lot of skill and coordination involved as well. Although, pretty much most of the people on the whole map were in one guild, and I think that played a big role.

This isn’t meant to take anything away from SOR because obviously they are epic at WvW. Im just stating that the primary issue my guild had on SOR BL was dealing with such a larger coordinating zerg.

Yeah, its a feedback cycle, and unfortunately it goes both ways. Success > more numbers > more success; while defeat > fewer numbers > more defeat. Obviously you need the numbers in reserve in the first place, but if you have them, then you also need the skill to hold them together.

Last night I had some awesome fights against TC in the SoS BL around Hills. IMO, whoever you guys had in charge there did a very good job against our larger force. You’d shadow our zerg and pick off stragglers and reinforcements, and pounce on anyone who strayed too far from the main group. You also launched a well timed counter-attack on us when we attacked Hills itself, rather than just bunkering down and sitting behind the ACs. I was quite impressed.

You have an excellent core, and I have no doubt that TC will eventually be a “T1” server.

Kitten of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

lol…….poor Indo.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

No?

Dont worry ill be upgrading a low level during this week to help the balance :P

I appreciate it!
(but I think I’d rather have those 3 Guilds no offense >.>)

NAGA|TC

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

You know it’s bad when your own team is rez-killing you.

Anyway, seeing as it’s been asked, SoV’s quite happy to engage in a fight night or small GvG (with the joys of personal schedules, timezones, etc., I’d say that we may be able to do up to a 10v10, but I could only really guarantee closer to 5v5).

Sea of Sorrows

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Vodka. Oh wait, I gave that up 603 days ago. Not that I’m counting. At all.

No vodka for you.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

We’d love for TC and SOS to still come out in full force tonight, and every night forthcoming. HL personally will only be running ~30 man groups maximum and I am sure the other guilds will be running in smaller zergs as well so as to not make the population imbalance too prevalent in the matchups.

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Lets go out there and fight, die, and have some fun

P.S.: Mail me for GvG’s and other encounters, we need practice just as much as everybody else!

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

please just ignore paxi and the others who just wanna start drama in prob the friendliest thread there is

much respect to tc and sos u guys r outmanned but not outmatched

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

So sleepy…. must not sleep…. must drink coffee…

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

I can’t get in, kitten this queue. Someone on SOR needs to stream so I can at least watch >.>

Ill be running my stream all week http://www.twitch.tv/coronbale your welcome to listen in. I dont allow viewers to listen in on our TS convos, but I have a binding to talk to the viewers.

In the spirit of good competition, TSYM would like to extend to both TC and SoS, any joint training you might be interested. Everything is available to talk about or exchange information on, from builds, to strategies and tactics. Lets make this week a fun and productive week for all our servers, and use it to wage war at a higher level!

Contact Coron Bale for more information, and well set something up! If you would like to practice open field combat that’s fine, but no GvGs. Yes, there is a difference.

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

So sleepy…. must not sleep…. must drink coffee…

Too much coffee leaves you with a really dry mouth. At least, it does for me.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

SoR you guys field crazy numbers! Thanks for the random skirmishes on TCBL about an hour ago our commander was providing some basic field movement lessons to militia and the wipes gave us valuable lessons while the wins gave us morale boosters. Thanks for not dancing/laughing :>

I eat breakfast for dinner.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: snownow.9352

snownow.9352

Thanks to SOS yesterday!
You guys help us a lot ! LOL

So sad we got display bug, can’t take a picture together

[Hi] Ni Hao My Friend ~Sanctum of Rall~
ele : Snownow | mes : Neally Snow | necro : Sherry Snow | guard : Snow Guru
=my english is poor, if I said something wrong or impolite, tell me plz, I’ll learn.=

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Having a lot of fun in there today and last night. Great action in TCBL today, and Traxien got the opportunity to train a lot of Militia in open-field fighting….and general “how do I WvW?” stuff. We’ve almost broken 200 PPT a couple times. xD

I am very excited to see how our NA primetime does during the week. Tuesday-Friday are our strongest days every week. Just keeping everyone optimistic at the moment and having a ball!

Thanks to all the SoR who have been very good sports with salutes, wave, and bows, etc. Really appreciate that kind of attitude. :-) It’s a pleasure to bore you guys. xD

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I can’t even get in to WvW. In SoR the queue is full for half hour at a time (that is how long I waited before I got in). Apparently SoR is going full force in this one to have a big show of presence.

Mostly its because I remember back in the day when SoR was being stomped by other servers. I used to join up small “havoc” groups that would run around capturing camps and stuff while everyone spawn camped.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Anyway, seeing as it’s been asked, SoV’s

Ok, no more SoX. SoR, SoS, SoV, BoSox, ChiSox, no more SoX sux. It’s getting to be too confusing for me.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

We’re not SoX. We have some similarities as a guild (and used to work together a fair bit), but I promise we’re different guilds.

Sea of Sorrows

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Weird I see a ton of people referring to SoR as Rank 1, now i’m no chest thumper but ratings in this game are determined by your overall cumulative point total. Which actually when you look at the rankings, BG is the number 1. If you actually look at BG matchup atm (we have an even one based on a numbers standpoint) you actually get to see what we can do without JQ riding on SoR’s coat tails. Hopefully most of you take this as informative, because i’m stating a fact (the ratings that is, I do not believe SoR initiates a 2v1 intentionally, but when you guys used to hit BG JQ rode your success and hit us while we were trying to stop you.).

Ratings no longer matter with the matchup change. Prior to friday SoR was 1 by quite a bit. The second we got matched with TC/SoS, even before anyone fought, we lost 100 rating. We would literally have to crush TC/SoS by a ton to earn rating, while BG doesn’t really have to do much.

To TC & SoS

You guys keep coming out and bringing fights! Much respect, even despite that fact that SoR’s coverage is pretty insane compared to TC/SoS aside from the zerg sizes that can accumulate (Sorry, T1 habits). Although I’ve noticed something very disappointing about TC…where are the dolyack parades and dueling clubs I remember? Please tell me they still exist

To BG trolls: Go troll your own thread. It’s hard to believe that SoR trolls are the worst when you are literally coming into our thread just to provoke us ^^

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

In EB last night I was quite impressed with both SoS and TC and their willingness to not only fight but push our corner of the map relentlessly. It was clear that although SoS couldn’t field the numbers they could still be a major thorn in our side as they were intelligently capping points and making us respond. TC on the other hand actually outnumbered us as the evening wore on. They moved with coordination and it was much like encountering any other Tier 1 opponent. Hammer trains, statics, plagues and what not.

So my hat goes off to you both.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the good fights.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

To BG trolls: Go troll your own thread. It’s hard to believe that SoR trolls are the worst when you are literally coming into our thread just to provoke us ^^

I’m guessing it’s cuz their trolling efforts in their own thread are overshadowed by the JQ vs [RE] boxing match.

Käï | Sanctum

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

This match-up is a joke… Sad part? SoS will STILL gain rating and STILL get put into match-ups like this.. thanks anet

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

Weird I see a ton of people referring to SoR as Rank 1, now i’m no chest thumper but ratings in this game are determined by your overall cumulative point total. Which actually when you look at the rankings, BG is the number 1. If you actually look at BG matchup atm (we have an even one based on a numbers standpoint) you actually get to see what we can do without JQ riding on SoR’s coat tails. Hopefully most of you take this as informative, because i’m stating a fact (the ratings that is, I do not believe SoR initiates a 2v1 intentionally, but when you guys used to hit BG JQ rode your success and hit us while we were trying to stop you.).

Ratings no longer matter with the matchup change. Prior to friday SoR was 1 by quite a bit. The second we got matched with TC/SoS, even before anyone fought, we lost 100 rating. We would literally have to crush TC/SoS by a ton to earn rating, while BG doesn’t really have to do much.

To TC & SoS

You guys keep coming out and bringing fights! Much respect, even despite that fact that SoR’s coverage is pretty insane compared to TC/SoS aside from the zerg sizes that can accumulate (Sorry, T1 habits). Although I’ve noticed something very disappointing about TC…where are the dolyack parades and dueling clubs I remember? Please tell me they still exist

Well, typically dolyak parades on reset night don’t work out so well for us. We had one with SoS and FA on Thursday night. Maybe we can convince Ellie to run one through the SoR BL this thursday Right now, I think TC is busy holding it’s own to do much else. Just wanted to say thanks to all the kind words from SoR – I thought this forum was going to be awful this week, and I’m happy it’s gone a different way. (You have this one guy, see…… :/ )

Enjoy the cookies you stole from our garrison – I’m hoping they are the last ones you get for awhile!

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

LOL, music from the Train Man. Also, poor Indo.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I hoped TC enjoyed our suicide rush into their legendary defenders. 15 of us made it past only to get teleported back and killed instantly T_T

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Although I’ve noticed something very disappointing about TC…where are the dolyack parades and dueling clubs I remember? Please tell me they still exist

They still happen, just generally not on reset night. Monday and beyond we start doing more informal stuff like this.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

Sorry for the lopsided matchup guys. But let’s still try and have some good fights out there!

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger