The NA Bronze League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Please for the love of GOD come to Anvil Rock and help us. Zero queues on all of the maps and we will love the crap out of you. Most of us are incredibly friendly and WAR/MERC guilds are actively looking for anyone who enjoys wvw and wants an active community in ts.

Also, I am incredibly determined to not come in last place. I will stay up for the entire season flipping crap if that’s what it takes to beat DR.

Anvil Rock are cool guys. Don’t burn yourself out though. It don’t matter what rank you are just that you can find fun.

What do you or GoM know about fun? PFT!!!!

Mister Honeybuns and I are cheering for ET and DR to pull themselves up.

GoM… please tank, crash and burn.

I pop fireworks and kill people in interesting ways because I don’t find throwing hissy fits and stampeding to stacked servers to be very much fun.

Lol ioj stacked.

Well, not anymore of course. But at that time, IoJ was filling up quite nicely along with SBI.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I agree, IoJ was getting pretty stacked. Then all the stackers left. I actually heard rumors that Mend left too but Banzie’s signature puts that rumor to rest.

@whoever is battling HoD for the week – Remember to 2v1!

@AR, I want you guys to do well! You can do it!

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Perplexity Hammer/Mace warriors…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Guys.. Guys… Lets all hold hands and throw a party since [WvW] disbanded and Server Police got golem rushed in real life. So we can all celebrate with this bond of hate, love, orgies, and pie… I like pie

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

no these guys are baddies
stunlock doesnt get much confusion, cuz youre locked and cant do ANYTHING

its the sword/sword + hammer perplexity warriors you gotta watch out for. they immob you, which still lets you act while they stun.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coults.8492

Coults.8492

I pop fireworks and kill people in interesting ways because I don’t find throwing hissy fits and stampeding to stacked servers to be very much fun.

I dont know why you still have the idea that we left due to GoM going through a rough a patch PPT wise, we would have stayed on GoM even if we lost every single matchup in the future. The reason we left was due to the harassment we received every day and not to mention the threats, even had a death threat against me, does that sound like fun to you? should i have stayed to enjoy it?

We transferred to IoJ because they had a nice community and [RUN], many of which we are friends with, decided they wanted to go there. If we were so concerned with going to a stacked server we would have gone to SBI with [RISE] or JQ with [WvW].

Our, [BUNS], reactions are justified, the months of harassment due to a few siege placements was not, neither were the threats made against us. So when Lili says for GoM to burn, im right there with the lighter.

Wouldn’t expect you to really understand it all though, go back to spamming a few buttons and having a broken rune set to do the heavy lifting. Arnt you playing your warrior though? i hear they’re the new meta.

TIL necros think that full zerk rifle warriors are meta.

As for the siege stuff, I got a good laugh out of it, and that was the extent of my involvement in that drama. If you want to target the people that gave you a rough time, go ahead. But as long as you and your companion keep popping into matchup threads and bm’ing my entire server, I’m going to call you out for it. Take your Jerry Springer crap elsewhere.

[RISE] had no intention of going to a stacked server, we wanted reliable WvWers. Unfortunately leagues came into play and week after week we copped more transfers.

On the plus side, we gave [BUNS] the ’ol rifle to the face welcoming. That might be where they got their hatred for it ;D

RISE Commander

Needs moar legendaries q.q

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

I thought this was a bronze league thread. kitten.

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Shhh, we’re throwing nostalgia at RISE (who is worst at transferring and managed to bandwagon while trying not to bandwagon).

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Is Server Police still on JQ? I was on JQ at the time and I remember Server Police + guildies running around in JQ. Unfortunately, at the time, they were not used to T1 zergs so they were getting wiped quite often.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Last I heard Server Police quit the game and Zombieland disbanded, quitting or joinin other guilds.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

<3

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coults.8492

Coults.8492

Shhh, we’re throwing nostalgia at RISE (who is worst at transferring and managed to bandwagon while trying not to bandwagon).

#TrendSetters

but srsly, would be awesome to run with RH again.

RISE Commander

Needs moar legendaries q.q

in Match-ups

styx.7294

#TrendSetters

but srsly, would be awesome to run with RH again.

Sure, leave the queues behind =)

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

We need more [PAXA] in this thread since we don’t have [XOXO] anymore…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

ET wait till you go against HoD. We have a surprise for you. Until then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdRD7YF9Ys

The New Pax Attack Is Beginning!

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

is this RISE you guys talking about is the Jarvan’s RISE ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Dear Bronze League friends, we miss you guys a ton and are really psyched about the next time we get to see you. We miss you so much we went out and bought a calendar and are really counting the days! We didn’t get a post card but we did get you this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZfEQ8N_BG0

Sincerely,
Your friends Os’n Pals

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Please for the love of GOD come to Anvil Rock and help us. Zero queues on all of the maps and we will love the crap out of you. Most of us are incredibly friendly and WAR/MERC guilds are actively looking for anyone who enjoys wvw and wants an active community in ts.

Also, I am incredibly determined to not come in last place. I will stay up for the entire season flipping crap if that’s what it takes to beat DR.

Lol AR atleast our two servers (AR and DR) get to fight for something even though it is to come in next to last. Sadly its halfway through the first week and gom is stomping both us. You guys need to be on the lookout for gom. They are fielding an impressive amount of people. I only play in eb and we had outmanned buff 2 hours after Friday restart and have had it about 70 percent of the match in eb.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

is this RISE you guys talking about is the Jarvan’s RISE ?

Is that Primordus Virtus from SoR? The RISE that GoM people are talking about are Opposing all Odds We, and, opposing all odds, we transferred to SBI, as garthius said, about the same time as half the guilds on DR, leading to it getting bandwagon-y, and a bunch of opposing all odds we [xfer] jokes.

I’m gonna put my (hypothetical) money on GoM, because if they can retain even a small amount of the numbers their pve crowd will add, they’ll be able to punch well above their weight.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fationably Late.2518

Fationably Late.2518

To make it fun, they actually have to be interested in WvW without the added carrot on a stick achievements. If they are only interested in achievments, and not wvw, we cannot convince them it is fun.

As someone who doesn’t normally play WvW, I was attracted by the thought of the league structure (and, not gonna lie, the achievements, those sweet, supple achievements), I love being in there! I’m not that great at PvP, but I love helping out where I can. The more I play, the more I learn about the tactics and so the more fun it is. I can only hope that other people feel the same way when they pop in for the achievements and such.

Necro, Thief (m)
Gates of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Anvil Rock are cool guys. Don’t burn yourself out though. It don’t matter what rank you are just that you can find fun.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnn…..

I hear the GoM voice comms used to be a funny place to be back before the IoJ Exodus.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

styx.7294

I hear the GoM voice comms used to be a funny place to be back before the IoJ Exodus.

The guilds/people who transferred were usually not the ones engaged in community as much as others, which included the Teamspeak. Even RISE was a bit isolated due to their timezones (which sadly made it hard to do events with them outside the weekend).

I would be curious (not to judge as much as receive feedback outside of my own) as to why your source would say that because it hasn’t been my experience.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

The guilds/people who transferred were usually not the ones engaged in community as much as others, which included the Teamspeak. Even RISE was a bit isolated due to their timezones (which sadly made it hard to do events with them outside the weekend).

I would be curious (not to judge as much as receive feedback outside of my own) as to why your source would say that because it hasn’t been my experience.

I just heard of some funny “goings on” that supposedly led to certain people leaving (not [RISE])…Not on the server and never have been, but during some previous exchanges on these forums with said people I received some PMs detailing “what really happened.”

Took (and still take) them with a grain of salt, but they were still funny nonetheless, and if they actually occurred even more funny. (Not related to any deaththreats etc, never heard about those nor would I think them funny)

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Servers are a big place and I don’t think any one person knows everything that happens in it.

I certainly feel like I know very lil’ though I had a lot of long conversations with a lot of these guilds and individuals about whatever was on their mind at the time.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Servers are a big place and I don’t think any one person knows everything that happens in it.

I certainly feel like I know very lil’ though I had a lot of long conversations with a lot of these guilds and individuals about whatever was on their mind at the time.

They can be smaller than you think, but I know what ya mean.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

ET wait till you go against HoD. We have a surprise for you. Until then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdRD7YF9Ys

The New Pax Attack Is Beginning!

I love it! BS offers to 5v5 you.

I would offer a 10v10 gvg but Paxa doesn’t believe in anything besides 5v5 as a legit sport (or 8 man DAOC.)

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

They can be smaller than you think, but I know what ya mean.

I love the small town feel of servers in lower tiers. It was so easy to get to know all the regular core players. I feel like I know a lot of the players on other servers as well.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Well, we do tend to see each other a lot, especially the old Ghetto folks. You guys used to have us over to your homes sometimes but the Legendary Defenders didn’t like out table etiquette and wouldn’t let us in anymore! (unless we stealthed and ran in)

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

styx.7294

Well, we do tend to see each other a lot, especially the old Ghetto folks. You guys used to have us over to your homes sometimes but the Legendary Defenders didn’t like out table etiquette and wouldn’t let us in anymore! (unless we stealthed and ran in)

I think those tier traps definitely made us all get to know each other well. I would love a HoD/NSP/GoM match (as bad a match up that is for us) since that’s where I know people the most.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Same here. SF/ET/FC is what I’m nostalgic for. Not going to happen this matchup though I do see my SF friends this week.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

ANet feared the sheer Awesome, perhaps. Hell, why don’t we even get 2 of the Bros./HoD, for kitten’s sake?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

ANet feared the sheer Awesome, perhaps. Hell, why don’t we even get 2 of the Bros./HoD, for kitten’s sake?

Ya, I don’t think they got a big enough awesome gyroscope on their server hardware. We have noticed that when we attack structures with a good amount of golems the skill lag goes into overdrive. I think the awesomeness of the SF Golem Zergs is too much for the system to process, hence the skill lag (or rather, no skills at all). Once a golem or five go down everything improves since the baseline awesomeness goes down due to fewer Golems.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Same here. SF/ET/FC is what I’m nostalgic for. Not going to happen this matchup though I do see my SF friends this week.

This matchup is forbidden i belive… After SF went to T7, we never had a bro-trio matchup again…

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

I blame Obama…

Attachments:

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: the woodfist.6972

the woodfist.6972

Looking forward to round 4/5 against HoD.

Hopefully with all these people playing wvw, some of them stick around for the rest of the season. It’s kinda nice not being the only group in the BLs every night. We are seeing a nice level of coordination that I hope continues to grow.

As Spartacus said to Varro:

“Now, pull head from kitten and use it for once.”

We are finally doing that I think.

The Steel Ministry [SM]

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Looking forward to round 4/5 against HoD.

Hopefully with all these people playing wvw, some of them stick around for the rest of the season. It’s kinda nice not being the only group in the BLs every night. We are seeing a nice level of coordination that I hope continues to grow.

As Spartacus said to Varro:

“Now, pull head from kitten and use it for once.”

We are finally doing that I think.

LOL, love the passive aggressive attempt to say SF had its head up its kitten before you got there. Grow up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

do i smell drama?!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Match-ups

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Hey now. SF looking FORWARD. FOR. WARD. We’ve been doing awesome and I’ve found myself running around (in the very few times I could get time to log in late at night) with tons of new faces and some old ones too. Actually liking seeing smaller pockets of STaR roaming about and joining in with some of us more random regs in our BL (since that’s where I tend to play) Seriously, I’m liking this unity, so no, no drama. We have servers to focus down on and yes we are getting better at it.

Now, onward to reset night, full steam! See ya’ll at North camp tonight.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Bumping this from the pits of page two. Anyways, how is everyones match up this week so far?

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in Match-ups

styx.7294

If Darkhaven and Ferguson’s Crossing are anythin like Gate of Madness, all smiles in our super close match up!

The other matches though don’t look as good though =(

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

If Darkhaven and Ferguson’s Crossing are anythin like Gate of Madness, all smiles in our super close match up!

The other matches though don’t look as good though =(

Here’s to small town communities with that guy everyone knows. Btw I hope ARM is doing well… wherever he may be.

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

Posted by: the woodfist.6972

the woodfist.6972

Bumping this from the pits of page two. Anyways, how is everyones match up this week so far?

Did not realize how far Kaineng has fallen. We had some really good fights against CNB before they moved.

Round 4/5 should be good stuff.

The Steel Ministry [SM]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

My predictions:

1. HoD
2. SF
3. FC
4. Dh
5. GoM
6. Kaineng
7. ET
8. DR
9. AR

8 and 9 could be swapped.
6 and 7 could be swapped.

3, 4, and 5 are very contested IMO. I think FC has the most dedicated but smallest WvW team (not by much), and they seem to use siege very well (their keeps are much harder for us to take than GoM’s). I think Dh has the largest playerbase and we seem to win zerg fights more often than not (a lot of the times outnumbered), but we suck with siege. GoM seems perfectly balanced between the two, seeming to have a larger population than FC and more dedication that Dh, though I don’t think they’re very good with siege either (in my experience).

SF hugely outnumbers Dh, and since I’d say Dh is the third most populated in bronze league, that’s saying something. That said, HoD seems to be very dominant atm as well, they beat FC by a larger margin than SF beat ET and Dh.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

At weeks 4 and 5 the bronze league will be decided, as we will have SF versus HoD… 3rd doesn’t get anything, do they? I only saw new finishers for 1st and 2nd…

in Match-ups

clint.5681

This is the reason SF has those huge numbers: http://i.imgur.com/wLh80qz.jpg

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

(edited by clint.5681)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

This is the reason SF has those huge numbers: http://i.imgur.com/7jwJJB6.jpg

That… Is just…

The single best recruitment post I’ve ever seen. If you weren’t already winning the league, that recruitment drive would do it.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Match-ups

clint.5681

That… Is just…

The single best recruitment post I’ve ever seen. If you weren’t already winning the league, that recruitment drive would do it.

Thank you good sir

in Match-ups

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Thank god they changed leagues to 6/9/9 instead of 12/12 or else we’d have Crystal Desert and IoJ ruining our league (we’d have NSP too but they wouldn’t really ruin it)

TBH crystal desert and IoJ lost many of their guilds in the weeks prior the season.

Heiann – NSP

in Match-ups

styx.7294

That… Is just…

Thank you good sir

That’s a great poster but (this is a lil’ too much Kayne West) so far I think Devona’s Rest had the best recruitment post of all time with their video. And it didn’t help them any =(

Game is just kittened up and keeps pressurin people to transfer up.

Excited about facin Sorrow’s Furnace. That’ll be week 4.. probably our worst one, haha.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

clint.5681

That… Is just…

Thank you good sir

That’s a great poster but (this is a lil’ too much Kayne West) so far I think Devona’s Rest had the best recruitment post of all time with their video. And it didn’t help them any =(

Game is just kittened up and keeps pressurin people to transfer up.

Excited about facin Sorrow’s Furnace. That’ll be week 4.. probably our worst one, haha.

Ahh I haven’t seen the video can you link it? And yeah I can wait for that match either