The NA Bronze League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

This is the reason SF has those huge numbers: http://i.imgur.com/7jwJJB6.jpg

That… Is just…

The single best recruitment post I’ve ever seen. If you weren’t already winning the league, that recruitment drive would do it.

Thank you good sir

That’s a great poster but (this is a lil’ too much Kayne West) so far I think Devona’s Rest had the best recruitment post of all time with their video. And it didn’t help them any =(

Game is just kittened up and keeps pressurin people to transfer up.

Excited about facin Sorrow’s Furnace. That’ll be week 4.. probably our worst one, haha.

Ahh I haven’t seen the video can you link it? And yeah I can wait for that match either

Sadly, they made it private.

Devona’s Rest seemed like it had it goin on. DDLG was doin the big group stuff, AD+friends were doin the small man stuff. Lotsa videos comin out of the server givin it publicity.

Their forum was pretty barren though. Maybe they weren’t engagin with each other? Dunno

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Huh well that sucks

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

The forums for DR died very fast. Tried one, died in the first week. Made another all nice and revamped, died in the same time frame. No one wanted to use forums on DR ): Despite all the advertising in map chat.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Clint promised free cookies and legendary weapons to all guilds who transfer for SF EU/SEA coverage timezones!! (Disclaimer: Legendary weapons while supplies last.)

Please note: Clint has no legendary weapons.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Clint promised free cookies and legendary weapons to all guilds who transfer for SF EU/SEA coverage timezones!! (Disclaimer: Legendary weapons while supplies last.)

Is it weird that i dont remember promising that lol?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

No, since I made it up. But it sounds good!

in Match-ups

clint.5681

No, since I made it up. But it sounds good!

What sounds even better is our server buying me Twilight. Lets get on it guys

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Ummmm, but getting Twilight would make you even hotter and that would make you go Supernova and explode, which we can’t have. So sorry!

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Well we would just have to increase the hotness limit to 600% but i think it will be worth it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Well, we did advertise free ice to everyone, maybe that’s what drew them in?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalorian.1935

Kalorian.1935

Here is my prediction for how the rankings will shake out, along with the week by week, match by match analysis of how I got there. It’s a tough call on who will take 1st between DH and FC this week so I basically assumed FC wins this one and DH wins the next time the two meet. I’m on Darkhaven, so I was trying to stay objective.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/Bandit439/NABronze.png

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

So, what happens if there is a tie? Lets assume SF and HoD are very closely matched. So much so that SF beats HoD once, and HoD beats SF once. This would result in a final predicted score of 33 for each. Do both servers get 1st place?

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in Match-ups

Kalorian.1935

So, what happens if there is a tie? Lets assume SF and HoD are very closely matched. So much so that SF beats HoD once, and HoD beats SF once. This would result in a final predicted score of 33 for each. Do both servers get 1st place?

Good question and I don’t think it has been addressed by the Devs at all. My guess would be that they’d award gold level awards to both servers, silver to none and bronze to the 3rd place. Alternatively, they could break the tie by adding up the cumulative points from all 7 weeks and seeing who had the highest total.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercabre.7123

Mercabre.7123

Here is my prediction for how the rankings will shake out, along with the week by week, match by match analysis of how I got there. It’s a tough call on who will take 1st between DH and FC this week so I basically assumed FC wins this one and DH wins the next time the two meet. I’m on Darkhaven, so I was trying to stay objective.

ET will end up being ranked higher than Kain (personal opinion after three weeks of fighting Kain and then ET just before and during leagues). ET seems to have a larger playerbase and coordination.

Thuefore | Rieaz, Mag [VLK]
Grammar aside I probably have a point in there somewhere.

in Match-ups

styx.7294

ET will end up being ranked higher than Kain (personal opinion after three weeks of fighting Kain and then ET just before and during leagues). ET seems to have a larger playerbase and coordination.

Surprised to see Eredon Terrace so low, last time we fought them they were much stronger us. I would have had them in the running for top 3.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Surprised to see Eredon Terrace so low, last time we fought them they were much stronger us. I would have had them in the running for top 3.

They cant beat anyone in the top three

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Top 3 is HoD, FC and SF. In that order unless the SF transfers make it HoD, SF & FC.
When ET faces a non top 3 team, they will get the +5.
Like in weeks 3 and 5.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Mercabre.7123

I don’t think the points accurately display of the rank or skill of the server. I know this week HoD has put the hurt on ET and as a result DR has more points overall and yet ET is a stronger server than DR.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

I don’t think the points accurately display of the rank or skill of the server. I know this week HoD has put the hurt on ET and as a result DR has more points overall and yet ET is a stronger server than DR.

We put the hurt on ET in week 1 because DH had no resistence to offer, ET at least gave us fights, loot bags. DH is a total joke since they ran their good guilds off the server. They still have the night cappers though.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Kalorian.1935

This is entirely possible. DH hasn’t gone up against Kain yet since they dropped so I was looking at a lot of data and no personal experience.

To those saying, I thought xyz would have been higher or is better than my chart predicts, remember you have to look at it in the context of each weekly match. ET goes up against FC in week 4, SF in week 6 and both SF and DH in week 7 and I think the odds are against beating any of those servers. If it is true that ET can easily beat Kain, then that changes the predictions a lot because they meet them twice. If ET can beat the GoM I am seeing this week, that changes everything. DH has gone against both GoM and ET in the last 3 weeks and I think GoM’s coverage will win out over ETs.

(edited by Kalorian.1935)

in Match-ups

Kalorian.1935

You’re probably right, but the fact remains that ET is only getting 1 point this week and only got one point last week. Last week, DR got to go against AR, which got them 3 points and DR is getting 3 more points for Silver finish this week. Those 2 weeks are the difference between the 15 and 11 point totals in my spreadsheet.

in Match-ups

Mercabre.7123

You’re probably right, but the fact remains that ET is only getting 1 point this week and only got one point last week. Last week, DR got to go against AR, which got them 3 points and DR is getting 3 more points for Silver finish this week. Those 2 weeks are the difference between the 15 and 11 point totals in my spreadsheet.

I see that in week 3 (later today) ET is projected to come in 3rd with kain in 2nd. If ET (being the better server at this point in time) should come in second, this would put the final scores for both ET and Kain at 13 points. This happens again in week 6 which could offset this even further. That’s assuming that the same thing that happened to ET the last two weeks (get focused because they are the biggest challenge to the dominant force in the matchup) and do come in third again despite being a better server, then yes they would end up with 11 points total.

Also, I could see the same thing happening to DR (get focused for being second best and get pushed to 3rd place for the week)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The truth is: The dominant server will always choose who will be second… And both SF and HoD choose that ET was going to be 3rd… Period.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

clint.5681

The truth is: The dominant server will always choose who will be second… And both SF and HoD choose that ET was going to be 3rd… Period.

Actually some of us chose ET to be second but you guys didnt quite make it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Like Clint said, but even more so, many of us, not just some, wanted you guys to win, and have given you the opportunities to do so, but you completely blew it.

I hope there are some of the old time T8 people left on ET who can get in some commander positions, cause they wouldnt have done that. I remember them being very opportunistic and taking advantage in dynamically changing maps. Instead they forced us to commit to taking out ET so that we would have some breathing room to deal with DH who was the bigger threat.

You are either new to ET, or completely undestimate our sympathy for the 2 servers we were stuck with back in the days of the glicko rot. Just because we still play and want to win, does not mean we dont give you guys a break here and there, but as I said, you have to be able to recognize and take advantage of it.

We have to play against HOD which will be a rough match for us, we’ll see how it goes, but I think it will be a lot like our other match ups, which is we’ll be either winning at prime time or be very close at prime time and then the real outcome will be decided by coverage gap. Sad but true, the fights will be meaningless unless we completely steam roll them, rest will be just up to the off-time cappers.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Like Clint said, but even more so, many of us, not just some, wanted you guys to win, and have given you the opportunities to do so, but you completely blew it.

Funny, hearing that of someone from [CoSA] make my mind blow, as all I could hear on TS was people complaining about the [CoSA] zerg we had rolling on our borderland.

I hope there are some of the old time T8 people left on ET who can get in some commander positions, cause they wouldnt have done that. I remember them being very opportunistic and taking advantage in dynamically changing maps. Instead they forced us to commit to taking out ET so that we would have some breathing room to deal with DH who was the bigger threat.

You are either new to ET, or completely undestimate our sympathy for the 2 servers we were stuck with back in the days of the glicko rot. Just because we still play and want to win, does not mean we dont give you guys a break here and there, but as I said, you have to be able to recognize and take advantage of it.

Most of the old timers left the server… The mentallity around here changed.

When I left GW2 back in June, we still were thinking like we used to on the glicko ghetto days, but facing even greater oposition (since it was when the random matchups started) was a breaking factor… I don’t know what happened in those two months I’ve been away, but when I returned to GW on August, the play meta had changed…

We were no longer taking oportunity targets in a fast hit-and-run like we used to. We’re now bunkering in our borderland like everything else didn’t matter, and that’s it… Our Eternal Battleground keep get flipped easily as an attack on southern borderland towers take priority over keeping it (kittening logic), and we’re constantly outmanned on EB (not letting us actually do much offense, as we keep getting hit).

Also, if you try to play out of the new meta, people will throw stones at you and say that you are hurting the server. So I just have to sit and watch our stuff quickly vanish from all other maps, while our borderland slowly flip aswell…

I won’t be impressed if even Anvil Rock beat Eredon on it’s actual state… But we’ll see that on next week. (along with Mid Bro)

We have to play against HOD which will be a rough match for us, we’ll see how it goes, but I think it will be a lot like our other match ups, which is we’ll be either winning at prime time or be very close at prime time and then the real outcome will be decided by coverage gap. Sad but true, the fights will be meaningless unless we completely steam roll them, rest will be just up to the off-time cappers.

Yes, WvW is such a pointless game to play to win… Numbers decide it, no matter what. And I find it funny how some people still rage about how they are losing and keep blaming each other for that, when actually, it’s a question that the server can’t field enough people to keep up with the oposition…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Top 3 is HoD, FC and SF. In that order unless the SF transfers make it HoD, SF & FC.
Like in weeks 3 and 5.

Yeah, sorry, Dh is number 3 lol. We just beat FC (even if just barely), and we’re actually staying fairly close to HoD in our matchup. It’s actually the closest matchup in NA. Interesting to note, we’re relatively closer to HoD at this point than FC was by the time they lost against HoD. Not hating on FC lol, I think they’ll agree that we outnumber them significantly. Also, SF is probably higher than HoD, not in skill (definitely not in skill, SF will get shredded in even battles IMO), but by sheer number of people.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

We put the hurt on ET in week 1 because DH had no resistence to offer, ET at least gave us fights, loot bags. DH is a total joke since they ran their good guilds off the server. They still have the night cappers though.

Dude, you have no idea what you’re talking about. HoD players will tell you that it goes back and forth between us two during the day. They usually have the lead, but then you’ll see Dh jump to 300-400 ppt. This is against HoD, currently considered the number 1 server in bronze… our day crew is no joke for our league, a joke overall yes, but strong for our league. Also, we beat ET and got second place in our matchup with you, so I have no idea what you’re even talking about.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

What kittening match up were you laying? And as far as dh running good guilds off the server, you are severely uninformed. They jumped ship for other servers well before leagues and only to provide themselves with better WVW experience. No one ran them out. They left of their own accord.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

What kittening match up were you laying? And as far as dh running good guilds off the server, you are severely uninformed. They jumped ship for other servers well before leagues and only to provide themselves with better WVW experience. No one ran them out. They left of their own accord.

Pretty much this.
Though one of the two guilds already jumped ship on their new server and the other one (and this is only through second hand info, so take it as you will. Someone in our TS was saying the guild leader was asking her to transfer, asking if she still enjoyed it here, or something to that effect) is trying to get our people to transfer still to their new server.
But last weeks matchup was the closest I’ve ever seen in a long time (at least on our server). Usually its decided by at least Thursday, but this one went right up to the last hour before reset.
As for this week, we’re holding our own, but HoD has more coverage than us I think, unless they start to drop off for some reason.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

I see the battle for first between Kaineg and HoD.

Given the past history of both servers, expect them to immediately tank at the first sign of a real fight.

My money’s on Ferg.

Quoted for truth.

in Match-ups

Kalorian.1935

Like in weeks 3 and 5.

So far the match-up, as well as the other 2, is going down as I predicted for week 3. Way too early to call anything, but ET is 32,000 points behind GoM and 5,000 behind Kain. It is only Monday, so ET could still easily pull ahead of Kain, but that GoM lead is starting to look like a very long shot to come back from.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Seems like people are starting to hate on SF just because we are beginning to do better

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Bronze League Servers – Do you feel WvW culture/environment/participation has changed for the better, worse or stayed the same since leagues started?

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

styx.7294

@ Belle

I can’t speak for other servers but leagues was a breadth of fresh air for my server. We had some people who quit the game come back and PvE folk come in. Morale went up and stayed up since leagues started.

Though so far we’ve had 1 win, 1 super close match, and are winnin the 3rd match.. so could just be the fair weather talking.

Gate of Madness

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

@ Belle

I can’t speak for other servers but leagues was a breadth of fresh air for my server. We had some people who quit the game come back and PvE folk come in. Morale went up and stayed up since leagues started.

Though so far we’ve had 1 win, 1 super close match, and are winnin the 3rd match.. so could just be the fair weather talking.

I echo this sentiment personally.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

@ Belle

Yeah, it’s been a blast so far… teamspeak is usually full of people having a good time and getting to know each other, and I’ve been loving it. I’m sure we do have some fairweathers out right now, but I also highly doubt we’ll drop back down to our old coverage when the going gets a bit rougher. We’ve also been talking about the harder matches we have coming and warning people not to expect it to be quite like this.

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Bronze League Servers – Do you feel WvW culture/environment/participation has changed for the better, worse or stayed the same since leagues started?

Givem the ammount of drama-lhama we’re been facing on ET, i can say the environment has gotten worse… But it may be the stress of 2 hard weeks right at start.

My two cents.

in Match-ups

I live a drama free life on ET (mainly because I don’t talk to anyone >.>)

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Funny, hearing that of someone from [CoSA] make my mind blow, as all I could hear on TS was people complaining about the [CoSA] zerg we had rolling on our borderland.

Well, we go where the fight is and you guys sure were fighting in Bay for a long time. A few times this weekend we actually had our main zerg and a smaller, more compact fighting force headed by our gloriously furred Charr commander (did his backpack change or not, I do not know) and we (the smaller force) were stomping all around the map. We did wipe once to a larger than expected force coming out of your Garrison. I really hate dying after downing 5 enemy at one time!!

So, to recap, we were facing no resistance on the other BLs so we went to where the party was, which happened to be your Bay.

(edited by Cantur Soulfyre.5409)

in Match-ups

So Clint said “ET go win!” and CoSA said “Hells no!”

I have to say Clint is only one guy. And CoSA will roll ET BL with a mass of red names.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

So Clint said “ET go win!” and CoSA said “Hells no!”

I have to say Clint is only one guy. And CoSA will roll ET BL with a mass of red names.

IDK when all this CoSA in the BL stuff went down, but my guess is that EB was queued and StAR probably had DH’s BL painted “SF Blue”. I know that we (CoSA) agreed we would like to help ET finish 2nd if possible, and I personally tagged up on the Friday all afternoon and pushed DH thinking that ET would be able to get some breathing room as DH had routinely been pushing ET.

Sadly my efforts were in vain, because we took nearly everything DH had in EB but ET was absent. Did not even get most of your 1/3 back while I had a force of 40+ demolishing everything on DH’s side.

Then when they finally did get rolling the first thing they (ET) took was Durios (SF was blue). So my warcry of “lets help ET finish 2nd” began to fall on deaf ears, as ET continually tried to back cap our 1/3 while not even re-capping theirs completely. Eventually I even went so far as to go flip anz/mend/and ogres, and left them thinking ET would take them back now that they were paper…Another attempt at durios, and even I had enough by then.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Please for the love of GOD come to Anvil Rock and help us. Zero queues on all of the maps and we will love the crap out of you. Most of us are incredibly friendly and WAR/MERC guilds are actively looking for anyone who enjoys wvw and wants an active community in ts.

Also, I am incredibly determined to not come in last place. I will stay up for the entire season flipping crap if that’s what it takes to beat DR.

Anvil Rock are cool guys. Don’t burn yourself out though. It don’t matter what rank you are just that you can find fun.

What do you or GoM know about fun? PFT!!!!

Mister Honeybuns and I are cheering for ET and DR to pull themselves up.

GoM… please tank, crash and burn.

I pop fireworks and kill people in interesting ways because I don’t find throwing hissy fits and stampeding to stacked servers to be very much fun.

Lol ioj stacked.

Well, not anymore of course. But at that time, IoJ was filling up quite nicely along with SBI.

Way way late replies here sorry, but yes we were stacked for bronze league— heavily but even with the numbers we had before we could only compete with up to yb who will take 3rd in silver. Sbi and fa numbers are even crazier. However as we stand now we would most likely lose to hod/sf. Be close with dh and fc.

To avatar: Yeah mend stayed, there are still plenty of WvW guilds left on IoJ. We lost CORE which could muster 50+ NA and 25-30 off hours and SE who queue’d maps themselves. I’d watch out too, i hear SE is looking to xfer to NA again and are looking at FC.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Please for the love of GOD come to Anvil Rock and help us. Zero queues on all of the maps and we will love the crap out of you. Most of us are incredibly friendly and WAR/MERC guilds are actively looking for anyone who enjoys wvw and wants an active community in ts.

Also, I am incredibly determined to not come in last place. I will stay up for the entire season flipping crap if that’s what it takes to beat DR.

Anvil Rock are cool guys. Don’t burn yourself out though. It don’t matter what rank you are just that you can find fun.

I pop fireworks and kill people in interesting ways because I don’t find throwing hissy fits and stampeding to stacked servers to be very much fun.

Lol ioj stacked.

Well, not anymore of course. But at that time, IoJ was filling up quite nicely along with SBI.

Way way late replies here sorry, but yes we were stacked for bronze league— heavily but even with the numbers we had before we could only compete with up to yb who will take 3rd in silver. Sbi and fa numbers are even crazier. However as we stand now we would most likely lose to hod/sf. Be close with dh and fc.

To avatar: Yeah mend stayed, there are still plenty of WvW guilds left on IoJ. We lost CORE which could muster 50+ NA and 25-30 off hours and SE who queue’d maps themselves. I’d watch out too, i hear SE is looking to xfer to NA again and are looking at FC.

I heard they talked to a few servers.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Lol ioj stacked.

They have and are, but I think FC would be the biggest change to the one they go to.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Lol ioj stacked.

They have and are, but I think FC would be the biggest change to the one they go to.

They are a solid group and would be a nice edition to any server. I know people on SF would be excited to have them as well, anytime you can add another organized group it makes things much smoother.

Either way, best of luck to them whomever they choose.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

skullmount.1758

To avatar: Yeah mend stayed, there are still plenty of WvW guilds left on IoJ. We lost CORE which could muster 50+ NA and 25-30 off hours and SE who queue’d maps themselves. I’d watch out too, i hear SE is looking to xfer to NA again and are looking at kitten

itten , how many times is SE gonna transfer? Isn’t it xx0gold to transfer (or even quite a bit of real $)?

Darkhaven server

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

To avatar: Yeah mend stayed, there are still plenty of WvW guilds left on IoJ. We lost CORE which could muster 50+ NA and 25-30 off hours and SE who queue’d maps themselves. I’d watch out too, i hear SE is looking to xfer to NA again and are looking at kitten

itten , how many times is SE gonna transfer? Isn’t it xx0gold to transfer (or even quite a bit of real $)?

They’ve only really xferred once with gold. When they went to EU they went to a Medium server which is a free transfer.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

skullmount.1758

They’ve only really xferred once with gold. When they went to EU they went to a Medium server which is a free transfer.

Ahh. But moving now will cost them again. Sounds kinda like they’ll never find a server thats right for them. I thought they said they really like IoJ when they transferred there?

Darkhaven server

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Ahh. But moving now will cost them again. Sounds kinda like they’ll never find a server thats right for them. I thought they said they really like IoJ when they transferred there?

Ya, I have had plenty of girlfriends I really liked when we moved in together. However, that quickly changes. :P