12:17 pm pst score update. Not a lowbie ele. >> <<

Sanghae on female toon

Attachments:

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

People steal the siding off abandoned houses.
With iron there keeping the lights on, our NA storm has a beachhead to work with. Less upgraded stuff opposing it. In general a much fuller head of steam. And the biggest help of all, zone commanders. Something we desperately needed in that time window.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

SoR’s morale appears to be high right now, I think they think they can win. They might be right.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

IRON really doing there work it seems and the scary part is they still have 60 more members to transfer over. As we all know though the war is won during the working week so lets hope everyone stays strong!

Good work SoR and IRON!

I noticed BG was talking mad kitten after we got done ticking for 300+ for over 10 hours

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killer.4709

Killer.4709

I don’t get it, did the addition of one EU guild really kickstart SOR that much? Of course I am very happy for my server and grateful to IRON for having the balls to transfer to the underdog server, but I’m hoping this power is sustainable past this weekend and that people aren’t burning themselves out through long hours. And if it is, lets be more classy about it than JQ/BG have been. “Winning” has always been a numbers/coverage issue rather than skill. A trash server would never have made it to T1.

I don’t know if there is overtime, but I think regardless IRON will make SoR more competitive for 2 reasons:
1. They are a really good guild.
2. They tie into SoR’s already strong NA. SoR while still the underdog coverage wise, has a 2 timezone tie in. The Euro will tie into the NA, which will create a strong combo of high ppt for almost 12 hours.

I’m starting to think people don’t truly understand the coverage of BG. SOR has always had stronger NA coverage. The EU coverage was only good lately cause lots of MERC, WM, and ND stayed up super late (you all really not see all the oceanic tags in EU time the past few weeks?) they only really have 1 EU guild and that’s RK. The only time there coverage is actually superior to SOR is oceanic time and to be frank its far superior and that’s what gives them the edge. With arrow carts being the way they are atm if you have a t3 keep u will hold good ppt and if bg oceanic flips all SOR’s then there NA can hold better ppt.

I predict with IRON joining SOR and supplementing their already strong NA and BG’s oceanic’s tired from weeks of staying up late tying to win we will finally see SOR in first or at least second with JQ in third

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

You mean WM doesn’t even play in their timezone and plays in EU instead to PvD and avoid competition.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Honestly, anything to make the tier more balanced is fun.

Lets hope no server in T1 ever runs away with it again.

A final score with all servers within 10k, and any week the #1 spot being up for grabs would be amazing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

You mean WM doesn’t even play in their timezone and plays in EU instead to PvD and avoid competition.

A shame I can’t +1 this more than once

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

you sounded like this guy from JQ

Let’s be honest, here’s what happened. WM/MEOW/etc transferred to BG and started fighting NA/OC/AZ timezone and got wrecked. Jang and co seeing they couldn’t compete changed their schedules and started logging in en masse for EU TZ which was dead for the other 2 servers.

Whatever may come out of Jang’s mouth, 2 things are clear: 1. WM isn’t in it for the “challenge”. and 2. They don’t have the chops for T1 combat.

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

in Match-ups

Pvp.2758

haha true

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

So you mean like IRON is right now? That’s no way to treat your new transfers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

How dare someone bring off-field tactics into this game! Don’t they know they should just play for 2nd every week and fight in the time slot the enemy server assigned to them? Those rats.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Kript.3291

give WM a break…literally.

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mordyth.9018

Mordyth.9018

90 PPT on the weekend? R.I.P SoR

Attachments:

Mithrull (TSym) Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

IRON is an EU guild yknow

But i think its a valid tactic to win the ppt game

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Btw – if that holds throughout the week SoR is getting first.

You can’t overcome 12 hours of PPT dominance. If IRON is allowing them to tick for 400 earlier than 12 PM, and SoR usually is at 300 until at least 12 AM, then… Well that was predicted. SoR should be high 300’s on average at NA prime now that they don’t have to work on expansion and upgrades, as EU will be delivering all that to the already strongest NA server. And of course, with the new AC meta…

Ah, but such is Coverage Wars: AC Edition.

IRON is an EU guild yknow

But i think its a valid tactic to win the ppt game

My point was the PvD’ing. He states that BG has no natural EU presence and that EU timeslot is PvD’ing. If SoR has the tick then he’s really saying IRON is PvD’ing. I’m just pointing out what he probably inadvertently said. Frightening to think they’re still in the process of transferring.

(edited by UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420)

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

IRON is playing in their own timeslot, so no.

in Match-ups

IRON is playing in their own timeslot, so no.

In a time slot you admitted no other server has a presence in, so PvD’ing.

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

I haven’t admitted neither JQ or BG has EU presence. JQ’s is very weak yes, but BG has managed 500 PPT at EU slot multiple times last week. So we’ll see.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Gotta hit em where they ain’t.

in Match-ups

Kript.3291

I haven’t admitted neither JQ or BG has EU presence. JQ’s is very weak yes, but BG has managed 500 PPT at EU slot multiple times last week. So we’ll see.

that’s ND and MW, plus some of the MERC (MERC has some international players playing) doing extra hours…i pray to the Spirit of the Wilds for their health everyday.

the new T1 will be like this

NA prime time
SoR: god-tier
BG: good
JQ: decent (good if PvE scrubs show up, and the guilds can stop kittening about each others)

EU prime time

SoR: good
BG: decent ( good if BG SEA doing overtime)
JQ: bad (decent if JQ SEA doing overtime)

Oceanic prime time

SoR: decent
BG: god-tier
JQ: Good

SEA prime time

JQ: god-tier (sorry fellow BG, i still do think JQ has the best SEA time)
BG: good
SoR: decent ( they are actually doing a solid job holding what they have during that time)

(edited by Kript.3291)

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Indeed, BG did tick at 500ppt quite a few times past 3 weeks.

We’ll see what happens.

in Match-ups

You just criticized WM for staying up late and using the EU timeslot to gain the tick advantage, calling it PvD. But when IRON does it’s not so?

By calling it PvD you admit that no one but WM was there in force.
You also say that WM was doing overtime. Meaning that last week no three servers had a natural EU presence.
SoR does now. By your own account they’re PvDing.

in Match-ups

Pvp.2758

You just criticized WM for staying up late and using the EU timeslot to gain the tick advantage, calling it PvD. But when IRON does it’s not so?

You also say that WM was doing overtime. Meaning that last week no three servers had a natural EU presence.

Last Week:
WM > Asian > Played during EU with no opposition
BG tick 500

This Week:
IRON > EU > Playing EU with opposition
SOR tick 400

in Match-ups

Last Week:
BG tick 500

This Week:
SOR tick 400

Yes, I was/am playing in both those matches, Your point?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Good fights over the weekend, keep it coming!
Score Update :]

Attachments:

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in Match-ups

Kript.3291

Last Week:
BG tick 500

This Week:
SOR tick 400

gonna be fair, before IRON transfer to SoR all, NA t1 server had weak EU.

EU’s ppt was based on SEA performances.

Significantly high ppt at the end of SEA, high ppt during EU, this used to apply to JQ and now BG, but it does not necessary mean both servers have a strong presence there.

plus you gonna take additional factors into account, like:

A) is BG doing another 18 hours shift to secure the lead?
B) will there be another pve dungeon so JQ’s wvw population disappear?
C) is Waha sick?
D) JQ’s guilds, are they fighting with each other to see who has the biggest ego?
E) is Cuddlestrike gonna overload T1 with asuran cuteness and the message of love and peace?

(edited by Kript.3291)

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

Honestly, all this theorying while nice doesn’t mean anything. The week hasn’t even started yet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

If JQ will get their heads out of their kitten we can still win this.

We have tons of ppl on but they’d rather whine and complain in LA rather than actually get out there and fight.

And the lame kitten BG trolls in LA isn’t helping, get your server in line, it’s dumb that you guys feel the need to come into our LA and try to demoralize us more.

Dude, JQ’s server status is full. How BG players transferred or guested over to JQ LA and demoralize you guys is a big question mark. Are you sure they are not JQ’s own players kicking up drama?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Match-ups

We have tons of ppl on but they’d rather whine and complain in LA rather than actually get out there and fight.

And the lame kitten BG trolls in LA isn’t helping, get your server in line, it’s dumb that you guys feel the need to come into our LA and try to demoralize us more.

Dude, JQ’s server status is full. How BG players transferred or guested over to JQ LA and demoralize you guys is a big question mark. Are you sure they are not JQ’s own players kicking up drama?

Full status doesn’t stop guests.

in Match-ups

Kript.3291

i will just leave this quote here

LOL, JQ is fine. I’d worry more about your own server. BG has the population now more than any of the other 3 but the only way you guys can win it seems is from most of your guys playing 25+ hours at a time. You may dominate the other servers in coverage but as far as skill goes, you guys need a lot more help still.

Guilds transfer to BG to die it seems, no guild has gone to BG and gotten stronger, they all lose their playerbase and then quit the game.

BG is a black hole for guilds, good thing they have a never ending supply of gold to keep buying new guilds to come over.

how much you have changed…

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Frudoo, what is your expert analysis for this week? Hows it going to play out? Will BG come out on top again? Is SOR going to take the IRON throne? Will JQ recover and come back?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Mmmm I love it when EU takes us into NA

:P

Side note: If anyone is interested in a 1v1 whisper me

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

Mmmm I love it when EU takes us into NA

:P

Side note: If anyone is interested in a 1v1 whisper me

Well you have the biggest EU for now and maybe you might even take first, but i can’t say that i care. Win or loss i could not care.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Winning: YES! WE ARE THE BEST! NO-ONE WILL EVER BEAT US!
Losing: I never really cared anyway.

— every bandwagon sports fan/player/competitive gamer ever

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Match-ups

Posted by: JCH.4198

JCH.4198

I have an idea: instead of sitting in your house posting endlessly on a game forum about who has coverage and is going to win, just play the game and I guarantee that you will get to see who wins on Friday.
Also, if you have more than 7 pages of post history, leave your computer for a bit and go outside and get some air….it’s good for you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I think it’s fairly safe to say Vizuna isn’t done destroying the EU ladder yet.
It’s only sunday, SoR NA goes to work tomorrow.
Maybe early for the doomsaying?

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

I think that the long term survivability of t1 WvW really depends on even matches where the winners go back and forth. I played an Elyos in Aion for a long time and the game basically died on our server because we dominated the Asmodians so much that most of them quit the game. That’s no good. I don’t know yet if the addition of IRON to SoR will make SoR the new king of t1, it’s too early to tell. But I hope it just makes the tier competitive every week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Sor is the most resilient server of tier 1, the others couldnt stand the outmaned for so long, now we have some coverage, lets see how the others servers react when losing.
In my opinion they will go like HoD and ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Omg it’s only Sunday and this discussion is actually taking place. There’s no hope for some folks I swear.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

I don’t think the addition of IRON will make us this beast that others are stating we will become. What it will do however, is give is an extremely formidable EU guild that can wreak havoc in whatever map they choose to go to. This will help our NA forces as we won’t have to do as much re-capping, re-sieging, and re-upgrading of our objectives that we’d lose during EU times. This will make our NA stronger, but we still need more assistance in the SEA timezone to help our SEA brothers combat the BG mega force of WM/ND/THAI/MEOW/etc as well as JQ’s all around coverage.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This, and please SOR stay classy.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

I don’t think the addition of IRON will make us this beast that others are stating we will become. What it will do however, is give is an extremely formidable EU guild that can wreak havoc in whatever map they choose to go to. This will help our NA forces as we won’t have to do as much re-capping, re-sieging, and re-upgrading of our objectives that we’d lose during EU times. This will make our NA stronger, but we still need more assistance in the SEA timezone to help our SEA brothers combat the BG mega force of WM/ND/THAI/MEOW/etc as well as JQ’s all around coverage.

JQ doesn’t have all around coverage we lack EU it’s been well known lol.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

EU ties into NA, this will make it tougher for oceanic and sea guilds to retake or take towers and keeps from us. overall this will make T1 a real challenge. Lets see who is really up for this

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalla.4290

Kalla.4290

Sor is the most resilient server of tier 1, the others couldnt stand the outmaned for so long, now we have some coverage, lets see how the others servers react when losing.

I don’t know if we are the most resilient. Black Gate has always been impressive that while they may have some down periods and have been shunted back tiers a few times they always come back bigger, stronger and more ferocious.

Jade Quarry has battled other dominant servers (HoD and SoS) for a long time, they have to have a lot of resilience to have stuck with that competition for so long.

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

All the T1 servers are resilient, hence they are in T1.

Coverage wise though I’d still rank the servers as follows:

1. JQ/BG
3. SoR

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Omg it’s only Sunday and this discussion is actually taking place. There’s no hope for some folks I swear.

Agreed. JQ lost a 10k+ ppt advantage going into the school/work week last round…..

No ones going to be able to tick 400++ ppt for hours on end during the weekends when players are staying up late to play. Work/School week however is a different animal…everyone in Tier 1 should know this by now, haha.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

I don’t know if we are the most resilient. Black Gate has always been impressive that while they may have some down periods and have been shunted back tiers a few times they always come back bigger, stroxnger and more ferocious.

Jade Quarry has battled other dominant servers (HoD and SoS) for a long time, they have to have a lot of resilience to have stuck with that competition for so long.

This.

JQ’s might & tenacity has never been doubted, they can bounce back if they choose to. And BG has always been ingenious & tenacious in how they maximise the use of their vanguard forces of [MERC] & [WM].

All 3 servers have evolved both the PPT & battlefield meta in the last 2 months, all are T1 material and all are as resilient in one way or another.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

in Match-ups

Posted by: vluhd.7562

vluhd.7562

Agreed. JQ lost a 10k+ ppt advantage going into the school/work week last round…..

No ones going to be able to tick 400++ ppt for hours on end during the weekends when players are staying up late to play. Work/School week however is a different animal…everyone in Tier 1 should know this by now, haha.

This is exactly how we on Blackgate have won the past few weeks. We let JQ go nuts on the weekend, and during the week we slowly get point advantage.
Matches are not decided on the weekend, they’re decided Monday-Thursday.

IGN: Toxicodendron Vox
Dragonriders [DR]

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

This is exactly how we on Blackgate have won the past few weeks. We let JQ go nuts on the weekend, and during the week we slowly get point advantage.
Matches are not decided on the weekend, they’re decided Monday-Thursday.

This x 100. A week long match is 7 days. No one should be inferring anything one way or another from this weekend.