Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crrrystal.6845

Crrrystal.6845

Dear YB/Ebay,

If you want ebay hills that badly, maybe you should try a little harder.

xoxo

We’re down on people. We have no queue right now…plus you leave your entire force in there. Maybe you guys should come out and try capping something else?

There aren’t enough Yaks on the map to compensate now? :/ i’m sorry. We don’t have a queue, either.
And why come out when you guys are feeding me bags and wxp?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Thanks to the GH three man party (ele, mes, thief iirc) for some fun fights this morning, shame we kept getting interrupted by our zerg, the yak’s zerg, and then a larger group of eb (not quite a zerg), which then had its interruption interrupted by another yak’s zerg.

Tried to join your party to say thanks, but was denied. We were the RISE mes, eng, guard trio.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

This is a great match-up. Now we have less people whining about how there’s nothing to take. We just have more people whining about poor commanders and wtf-ing on our own BL 24/7, lol.

You mean like yesterday when they were repeatedly hitting a fully upgraded Hills and refused to hit a paper Bay?

The funniest thing was probably on Saturday/Friday some guild claimed garrison but threw no upgrades on it and nobody in their guild was around to upgrade for the longest time before we lost it.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bumy.8057

Bumy.8057

Good fight last night vs ACiD, managed to take down all 12 of ya with only 4. #teambumy too stronk.

Wo chi ni de huang gua

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

This is a great match-up. Now we have less people whining about how there’s nothing to take. We just have more people whining about poor commanders and wtf-ing on our own BL 24/7, lol.

You mean like yesterday when they were repeatedly hitting a fully upgraded Hills and refused to hit a paper Bay?

The funniest thing was probably on Saturday/Friday some guild claimed garrison but threw no upgrades on it and nobody in their guild was around to upgrade for the longest time before we lost it.

I love those grab-happy PvE guys who claim important stuff just to stick their flag on top of their castle. Too bad when the tide comes back in, they’ve already left the beach.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

We’re down on people. We have no queue right now…plus you leave your entire force in there

You know what we do have? Lots of rangers with longbows and brown bears not being put to use. Show them why the mighty EBay bearbow machine is to be feared!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Ohhh, another matchup thread worth reading! My money is that all it takes is SBI locking down their BL and a golem rush to crack YBBL when YB isn’t ready for this match to flip the other way once YBBL is paper. It sucks for the competitive guilds in the matchups that the score is so dependent on fairweathers. I bet SBI doesn’t have any fairweathers out and about, but YB’s are in full force. The once something flips the table, the fairweathers will be on the opposite side of the spectrum. (Not meant to be offensive, i hate all fairweathers in general including on my own server)

Any GvG’s this week in your matchup?

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

I love that as soon as you have fewer numbers behind you, you turn and fight though.

This is what cracks me up. The same people complaining about being zerged are more than happy to run over the top of someone roaming solo. The justification for this is also laughable. It’s just hypocrisy, really. We are allowed to storm over the top of people we outnumbered 5 – 10: 1 but you are not.

2. He posted it cuz hes happy about it

Yeah, he sure sounded happy about it…

It sucks for the competitive guilds in the matchups that the score is so dependent on fairweathers. I bet SBI doesn’t have any fairweathers out and about, but YB’s are in full force. The once something flips the table, the fairweathers will be on the opposite side of the spectrum.

This is true and something I’ve been saying to guild mates. One solid day of scoring where we noticeably close the gap and you’d probably see our queues again. Of course, it can be a catch 22… can that even be achieved with the numbers that are out right now.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Ohhh, another matchup thread worth reading!

Hi guy! Welcome to our humble corner of the internet! Please help yourself to a couple beers and a —

My money is that all it takes is SBI locking down their BL and a golem rush to crack YBBL when YB isn’t ready for this match to flip the other way once YBBL is paper.

Whoakay! So straight to business then! Well, at least let us introduce ourselves first. I’m —

It sucks for the competitive guilds in the matchups that the score is so dependent on fairweathers.

Hey now, getting ahead of ourselves! It’s still first quarter, and there hasn’t even been a commercial break yet —

I bet SBI doesn’t have any fairweathers out and about, but YB’s are in full force.

Umm…

The once something flips the table, the fairweathers will be on the opposite side of the spectrum. (Not meant to be offensive, i hate all fairweathers in general including on my own server)

Yeah, hello officer. This guy just showed up at our house, and I think he’s going to commit some hate-crime… something to do with the weather. What? I didn’t look close enough to see if his nails were trimmed. I’m not sure how that’s relevant.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Polymer.8302

Polymer.8302

Awesome golem war for SBI garrison

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Ohhh, another matchup thread worth reading!

Hi guy! Welcome to our humble corner of the internet! Please help yourself to a couple beers and a —

My money is that all it takes is SBI locking down their BL and a golem rush to crack YBBL when YB isn’t ready for this match to flip the other way once YBBL is paper.

Whoakay! So straight to business then! Well, at least let us introduce ourselves first. I’m —

It sucks for the competitive guilds in the matchups that the score is so dependent on fairweathers.

Hey now, getting ahead of ourselves! It’s still first quarter, and there hasn’t even been a commercial break yet —

I bet SBI doesn’t have any fairweathers out and about, but YB’s are in full force.

Umm…

The once something flips the table, the fairweathers will be on the opposite side of the spectrum. (Not meant to be offensive, i hate all fairweathers in general including on my own server)

Yeah, hello officer. This guy just showed up at our house, and I think he’s going to commit some hate-crime… something to do with the weather. What? I didn’t look close enough to see if his nails were trimmed. I’m not sure how that’s relevant.

haha your response definitely did not let me down

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

haha your response definitely did not let me down

I try :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

got myself some new armor last night, as well as an axe.

Lol what are the chances of me watching Lotr ring today….. I snorted. " and my axe !!!"

" I love when 2-3 of them run into 5 of us " Prolly should of left voice comms off on that. Makes it a moot point when trying to argue for " fair fights". But then again wvw is cutthroat to begin with, it is what it is.

What happens is that people who are brave because they have a zerg at their back continue to pursue and tunnel vision so badly that they don’t realize that their zerg is no longer with them and then they die.

This happens a lot to them because they are generally not aware of their surroundings. Do you honestly think I’m going to respect or give anyone a fair fight right after they just chased us across the map with 40 people?

And, I’m not arguing for fair fights. I don’t mind challenging fights as long as they are manageable. Being outnumbered is fine. Being ridiculously outnumbered is not. We were fighting 20 with 10 at that camp several times. Each time, they called for help and 30 more came.

I’ll never understand people who play a competitive game that try to remove the competition aspect from the game.

You are seriously still going on about this? For what three days now? If you enjoy wvw then accept that that is part of the game, if not go pvp. You might be happier there. I always love posts that state that one server repeatedly does this or that, in this case chase you across the map. Which they weren’t. They were clearly going somewhere and attacking you in the process. Once you split off, guess what they stopped chasing. Oh, and your server was chasing me across the map all day today. So look at that, it’s not just SBI. But I don’t QQ about it. Endlessly. I get that it is part of the game.

SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gray Fox.9178

Gray Fox.9178

Greetings.

I am Gray Drury, the golem driver. Tonight, 10 SBI Omega Seige Golems attacked Yak’s Bend Bay. They melted through the Southeastern gate like butter. As they awaited mesmer port to the South inner gate, I stealthed my Omega Golem in a shadow refuge. It seemed certain that Bay was to fall.

I proceeded to rush my golem, stealthed, into the enemy mass of Omegas. Positioning myself to be facing the same direction as them, I began aim directly down, buckling their chassis with rocket fire, flamethrower blasts, and ballistic barrages. It would seem I was unnoticed except by scant passerby, as the Omegas accepted me into their family like a lost kitten.

I killed that family. I slaughtered the SBI Omegas that surrounded me like an infectious computer virus taking over of their own machines. As they lay melted and scratched on the floor, SBI and EB forces were routed out of Yak’s Bend Bay. My golem survived at 7k HP , then eventually fell in further combat.

If you ever see an Omega seemingly mindlessly wandering through the map. If you ever peek above a tower’s gate to see an Omega standing on the inside, waiting. If you ever hear the sound of an unstealthing thief, then the pounding resonance of a metal stump -

Run.

I am Gray Drury, golem driver of Yak’s Bend, and I am coming for you.

Beep boop.

Gray Drury, Golemancer of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mariemystar.8296

mariemystar.8296

Any GvG’s this week in your matchup?

Drigan! Finally [One] opened GvG’s this week. Still looking for a fight for Wednesday if anyone is interested. Tuesday we go against [Rot]

Commander Mariemystar – Sylvari Mesmer
Public Enemy Number [One]
Yaks Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: TehFoe.6527

TehFoe.6527

Greetings.

I am Gray Drury, the golem driver. Tonight, 10 SBI Omega Seige Golems attacked Yak’s Bend Bay. They melted through the Southeastern gate like butter. As they awaited mesmer port to the South inner gate, I stealthed my Omega Golem in a shadow refuge. It seemed certain that Bay was to fall.

I proceeded to rush my golem, stealthed, into the enemy mass of Omegas. Positioning myself to be facing the same direction as them, I began aim directly down, buckling their chassis with rocket fire, flamethrower blasts, and ballistic barrages. It would seem I was unnoticed except by scant passerby, as the Omegas accepted me into their family like a lost kitten.

I killed that family. I slaughtered the SBI Omegas that surrounded me like an infectious computer virus taking over of their own machines. As they lay melted and scratched on the floor, SBI and EB forces were routed out of Yak’s Bend Bay. My golem survived at 7k HP , then eventually fell in further combat.

If you ever see an Omega seemingly mindlessly wandering through the map. If you ever peek above a tower’s gate to see an Omega standing on the inside, waiting. If you ever hear the sound of an unstealthing thief, then the pounding resonance of a metal stump -

Run.

Beep boop.

Ummm. will another server take him??? ill pay.

[AciD]
Yaks Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

Gary you horrible cannibal monster!

in Match-ups

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Greetings.

Run.

Beep boop.

My respect, kudos
Please, DO NOT leave our beloved server like some bandwagoner. We need more guys like you!!!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

LOL Do I see Kalkz?

Did he transfer off of Borlis Pass to SBI so he can beat Yaks Bend?
He did put a bounty out on us in the FA forums, which was pretty hilarious.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

Hahaha….Menorah, <3 you! That response made my night!!

Gray Drury….this is why I am happy when I see you on a map! Great job! Just wish I wasn’t working all day and missed it.

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

LOL Do I see Kalkz?

Did he transfer off of Borlis Pass to SBI so he can beat Yaks Bend?
He did put a bounty out on us in the FA forums, which was pretty hilarious.

Rumor has it he did transfer to SBI this week just so he could spend more time with us….

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Next level blobbing on SBI BL tonight. Shout out to [Void] and [One] “guild” groups.

Star Player
[KEK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

SBI you are imploding already? I’m disappointed….. we wanted to farm loot bags for weeks to come before the bandwagon ended.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wise One.9321

Wise One.9321

Shame on you SBI. Do you know how rare it is that I catch another staff elle alone who
doesn’t run away. I was finally throwing down some epic staff vs staff dueling and you
had to bring your zerg around and wipe it. Think about what you’ve done and be ashamed.

My “duelusions” of grandeur are shattered.

Doctor Ventur
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but three lefts do

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Keep up the good work YB and Ebay!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burpengary.5160

Burpengary.5160

@ Gray

That’s the stuff they make movies out of. Absolutely made my day

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

And why shouldn’t I complain?

Do you realize how much better this game would be if people split up their queue zergs and had smaller scale fights spread out around the zone?

It would be called spvp in bigger maps, kudos to you though, you know how to bring the QQ wars. Reminds me of PAXA you guys would get along great.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Btw, Ebay and Yaks never had an agreement. SBI is just terrible without blowing their load on numbers.

I prefer to blow my load on Jessica Alba, thank you very much.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

SBI you are imploding already? I’m disappointed….. we wanted to farm loot bags for weeks to come before the bandwagon ended.

Well, we just had 4 pretty boring blow out weeks, so people are probably doing other things. Plus 2 consoles just launched, and some people are probably studying for finals that are coming up.

Some people are most likely taking it off because of the previous blow outs, and are concentrating on other stuff. But, it isn’t lookin good at the moment. At least we aren’t as bad off as SoR atm. We didn’t lose any guilds recently, that I am aware of.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I’ve been WvW since release, and I’ve never seen two servers cooperate as much as Ebay and Yaks are during this match up.

Kudos for the strategy, but it’s a bit despicable when it’s so obvious.

Week 17: EBay, Borlis Pass, Anvil Rock. Sick of a stale matchup with a pre-determined outcome, BP and AR spent the week in full cooperation and coordination to extents that would boggle your mind. By far the best week of WvW that we had in that 3 month stay in the tedious hell that was “Tier 5”.

That was a real pre-arranged, full fledged alliance… what you call despicable isn’t even a coordinated effort. Both servers, it seems, would just much rather fight you than each other if given the choice.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Hahaha….Menorah, <3 you! That response made my night!!

Gray Drury….this is why I am happy when I see you on a map! Great job! Just wish I wasn’t working all day and missed it.

As always, from EBay with love <3

Also Gray, similar tactics have proven highly effective against upleveled roamers, specifically between Bay and Garrison along the dolyak path. To use golem to maximum efficiency, please apply all over uplevel’s face before stealthing via pet thief and ninja golem stomping.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Finally, SBI Hills back to its true colors. Great work defending it all weekend YB

Star Player
[KEK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neaera.1973

Neaera.1973

Wish I could have been there for that hills takeover! Good job SBI! And yes, good job with all that defense YB!

Elleera | Not Beth | Triple E
Collecting Loot [Bags]
SBI

in Match-ups

Cameron.6450

Wish I could have been there for that hills takeover! Good job SBI! And yes, good job with all that defense YB!

Beth praise is a rare gift indeed

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neaera.1973

Neaera.1973

Beth praise is a rare gift indeed

NOT* Beth.

And you know it, bby <3

Elleera | Not Beth | Triple E
Collecting Loot [Bags]
SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Are there any good roamers I don’t know about this this match up? I know BV and DAOC pose as roamers but they are terrible. Í fought some RISE people on reset night which was an okay fight but when you run a ranger it’s like asking to lose. There’s of course Bags but I have a hard time hating on my old DR buddies and we fought them enough already.

Anyway if you are a roaming guild who would like to have some fun PM me here or in-game and perhaps we can set some GvG’s up or maybe just talk about roaming in general.

Cheers!

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: WamSolf.5021

WamSolf.5021

Are there any good roamers I don’t know about this this match up? I know BV and DAOC pose as roamers but they are terrible. Í fought some RISE people on reset night which was an okay fight but when you run a ranger it’s like asking to lose. There’s of course Bags but I have a hard time hating on my old DR buddies and we fought them enough already.

Anyway if you are a roaming guild who would like to have some fun PM me here or in-game and perhaps we can set some GvG’s up or maybe just talk about roaming in general.

Cheers!

I was running my glass set for ranger that time we fought, it didn’t have any condi removal for your perplexity elementalist. Hopefully we’ll meet again when I’m on one of my other builds.

Nine 80’s and counting
[pls]NSP-Formerly [RISE]from GoM/SBI

in Match-ups

Cameron.6450

Cheers!

I was running my glass set for ranger that time we fought, it didn’t have any condi removal for your perplexity elementalist. Hopefully we’ll meet again when I’m on one of my other builds.

Ranger abuse. RISE says no.

Haven’t seen the EV tag around this matchup, must play the opposite hours to me. Either that, or it’s been drowned in the sea of Yaks that haunt our every turn.

Geddit? Haunt? Because we killed them? Yeah, I’ll show myself out…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

good fights with ACiD (mesmer and warrior) on SBI-BL this morning, one chase that lasted from NW camp all the way back to yaks bend spawn. I dont want to hear any more smack talk about “sbi has bad roamers.”

-that ranger from CTDL

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Well, we just had 4 pretty boring blow out weeks, so people are probably doing other things. Plus 2 consoles just launched, and some people are probably studying for finals that are coming up.

Some people are most likely taking it off because of the previous blow outs, and are concentrating on other stuff. But, it isn’t lookin good at the moment. At least we aren’t as bad off as SoR atm. We didn’t lose any guilds recently, that I am aware of.

Ya those are good points. Hope to face a strong SBI next time we fight.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

good fights with ACiD (mesmer and warrior) on SBI-BL this morning, one chase that lasted from NW camp all the way back to yaks bend spawn. I dont want to hear any more smack talk about “sbi has bad roamers.”

-that ranger from CTDL

Regen Rangers OP.

Fun times though, your friends kept coming, I wanted to fight you one to one, and preferably with my own poison :P

Good fights!

- That Warrior from [AciD]

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeys Unclebb.1984

Monkeys Unclebb.1984

-that ranger from CTDL

Yea was fun

AciD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

SBI/YB/FA and Ebay/BP/CD match ups would be awesome. To bad they probably wont happen until people start transferring and screwing up the balances.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

There is only a 20k point difference to overcome. It’s still possible for SBI to win the week, unless EB decides to play spoiler and focus SBI while YB does the same. A true 2 v 1 would seal the deal most likely.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Ah okay. Your D/D eles didn’t have any either?

I wasn’t hating on you I just don’t think rangers bring anything special to roaming groups the way they are at the moment.

Haven’t seen the EV tag around this matchup, must play the opposite hours to me. Either that, or it’s been drowned in the sea of Yaks that haunt our every turn.

Haven’t played outside of reset because I was busy with other things. Maybe you’ll see us on Friday!

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

There is only a 20k point difference to overcome. It’s still possible for SBI to win the week, unless EB decides to play spoiler and focus SBI while YB does the same. A true 2 v 1 would seal the deal most likely.

shrug It was actually 28k about 12 hrs ago. >_>

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Guise dnt furgurt dat sbi is sculled and ub3r l33t, dats wai dey nevar luse.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

Guise dnt furgurt dat sbi is sculled and ub3r l33t, dats wai dey nevar luse.

See that, even the mentally challenged can recognize our dominating greatness.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mariemystar.8296

mariemystar.8296

[One] still looking for GvG match for Wednesday 11/27 9pm EST.
20v20 or 25v25 preferably.

Please contact me

Commander Mariemystar – Sylvari Mesmer
Public Enemy Number [One]
Yaks Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

You can do it SBI!