Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: billiamgrace.2804

billiamgrace.2804

In case this thread doesn’t make it to 30 pages, here’s some further reading on the inherent lack of fairness in war and how to best combat it. Cheers

The Art of War by Sun Tzu
The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli

Ehmry Bay – Guild Leader Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Rhyddarch | Sasha Fïerce | Truly Skrumptious | Bathsalt Cupcake
#nerfcliffs #hauskeepink

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

You have no way of knowing who started it. There is no way to know. I don’t know. And that is the problem with your logic. For all we know, YB could have had a spy. And so someone “evened the score.”

That’s bullcrap.

This was something impossible to ignore. A guy sitting in a keep for hours eating every supply that came in, running dozens of stacked golems to their deaths, and going around starting useless upgrade at any stocked holding.

If this was being done first on SBI it would have been posted about here, screen shootd or someone would have contacted YB players about it.

I really am stunned that SBI is trying to act like a victim over this.

You know someone was griefing. That is all you know. You know nothing else, really.

yep, could be someone from your own server doing it.. we’ve had it happen several times by our own people to us and pretend that it was X server doing it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arya Whitefire.8423

Arya Whitefire.8423

You have no way of knowing who started it. There is no way to know. I don’t know. And that is the problem with your logic. For all we know, YB could have had a spy. And so someone “evened the score.”

And let me remind you, no one on YB waited for recompense. Your first reaction was to immediately send people over to SBI to do the same. You didn’t wait for something honorable, you jumped into the mud and started slinging. I wouldn;t be surprised if MORE people went to YB after seeing how you reacted.

What you support is a losing situation for everyone, and is not okay. None of the YB cheaters thought “They wasted X amount of siege and X amount of golems, so I will equally waste their supply and golems to an equal number for fairness.”

That logic is not enforceable, and it is why I say report and hope Anet reacts with a heavy banhammer. Condoning evening the score only makes things worse.

There was a 3-8 hour period between when it started(on YB) and when retaliation(that I am aware of) started. I made a post, my very first post on this forum, trying to let SBI know that they needed to do something quick, or the tit for tat was going to begin. And all that happened was people agreed that cheating is bad, no offer of reparations was forthcoming.

And yep cheating is bad. But not as bad as unanswered cheating leaving a match in an unbalanced state.

Also I fully support any action anet takes against the accounts who perpetrated these acts, on both sides.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I could of swore my argument was that we shouldn’t support cheating period,

Let’s just agree there. Cheating is wrong.

My original comment about this was only saying the cheater motivated our server to play harder nothing related to people that may have done it back. It sucks if they did, but I don’t know why you would be shocked about it, and I’m sure it was in no way a ‘benefit’ in net total like you were suggesting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

Does this conversation even really have anything relevant going on anymore?

We’ve had plenty of trolling on our own borderlands as SBI be it by our own people or YB. Any other SBIer’s remember Bags building 50 ballistae in SBI BL Hills? I remember they threw on guild tags that tried to point the blame at one server or another.

Trolls can’t be controlled. The best both teams can do is report them, block their communications, and do what they can under the circumstances. It’s not like what any of us say to these people will ever stop them from continuing what they are doing. Even if they do feel the wrath of the banhammer they’ll just create new accounts and get right back to it /because that’s what they do/. It’s not that we’re turning a blind eye, it’s that we can’t effectively stop them nor can they. That’s Anet’s job and they’re doing a bad job of policing it. I see the same idiots that have to be reported by everyone on a borderland constantly remaining a presence.

The only real thing worth bringing up again is that there should be a need for /everyone/ here to learn to respect the other. The voices of one or two bad eggs does not represent the majority and employing tactics to punish the majority is in bad taste.

This. When you have one person/guild/group trolling one/two/all three servers, it’s hard to do ANYTHING about it. We really don’t know if it’s someone imitating a person on YB or SBI or genuine griefers who switched. All we know is that all servers were affected by it, and it needs to stop for future matchups. The guy with the [Bags] tag has been confirmed and denied as a member of SBI, same with the purported YB trolls on SBI and the griefers hitting Ebay. Now if those griefers actually came out and admitted something, that would be completely different.

Edit: For clarification, the griefing on YB started late Sunday night PST, and continued into Mon/Tues, stopped for a bit, and then started again yesterday. It sucks to deal with it, but we can all agree to not let this happen again.

FSP

(edited by Gulagman.9045)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tishe.4267

Tishe.4267

YB vs SBI vs FA, still waiting for that awesome fight

Wondering how that would turn out

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

In an effort to reach 30 pages Ill make a contribution to the thread:

Thanks to Sc for the GvGs yesterday, was fun playing the game again for the first time in 2 weeks. To the Yaks Bend that spam joined my party after I killed them telling me to stop killing them and go cap camps for points so Ebay could take second place, thanks for all the loot and the tears. To everyone QQing about the points and 2v1ing, I really don’t think the extra 2 greens and 1 blue you will get for getting 2nd vs 3rd will be that big of a deal.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I could of swore my argument was that we shouldn’t support cheating period,

Let’s just agree there. Cheating is wrong.

My original comment about this was only saying the cheater motivated our server to play harder nothing related to people that may have done it back. It sucks if they did, but I don’t know why you would be shocked about it, and I’m sure it was in no way a ‘benefit’ in net total like you were suggesting.

You’re in Acid aren’t you…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grundeg.2690

Grundeg.2690

I still feel this comment from Devon has suggestive overtones to it. I’ve never heard of Age of Camelot. Go for the honorable win and don’t team up with another server. Winning this by tag teaming with another server, it just loses merits and brings on disrespect.

If server population and map coverage were equal that would be great. That’s not the case and it’s not likely to ever be the case.

Where exactly is the honor you seek in steamrolling over servers that you outnumber? Expecting people to be honorable punching bags when it can be avoided is a little silly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

That’s bullcrap.

This was something impossible to ignore. A guy sitting in a keep for hours eating every supply that came in, running dozens of stacked golems to their deaths, and going around starting useless upgrade at any stocked holding.

If this was being done first on SBI it would have been posted about here, screen shootd or someone would have contacted YB players about it.

I really am stunned that SBI is trying to act like a victim over this.

You know someone was griefing. That is all you know. You know nothing else, really.

yep, could be someone from your own server doing it.. we’ve had it happen several times by our own people to us and pretend that it was X server doing it

Except that in this case we have at least 2 of the siege grievers on SBI this week ADMITE they are doing it on purpose. I will not post the screenshot/names as that’s against the rules, but one of these guys is an uplevel and has less than 100 achieve points, which is clearly a spy/griever, as there is no way he could get all that siege to troll with on his own without outside help from others or his main account. And he has ADMITED to grieving and sabotaging us.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

And let me remind you, no one on YB waited for recompense. Your first reaction was to immediately send people over to SBI to do the same. You didn’t wait for something honorable, you jumped into the mud and started slinging. I wouldn;t be surprised if MORE people went to YB after seeing how you reacted.

What you support is a losing situation for everyone, and is not okay. None of the YB cheaters thought “They wasted X amount of siege and X amount of golems, so I will equally waste their supply and golems to an equal number for fairness.”

That logic is not enforceable, and it is why I say report and hope Anet reacts with a heavy banhammer. Condoning evening the score only makes things worse.

There was a 3-8 hour period between when it started(on YB) and when retaliation(that I am aware of) started. I made a post, my very first post on this forum, trying to let SBI know that they needed to do something quick, or the tit for tat was going to begin. And all that happened was people agreed that cheating is bad, no offer of reparations was forthcoming.

And yep cheating is bad. But not as bad as unanswered cheating leaving a match in an unbalanced state.

Also I fully support any action anet takes against the accounts who perpetrated these acts, on both sides.

Did you ask for reparations?

I mean, You didn’t know if it was someone from SBI in the first place (Cause the people you’re talking about also trolled us as well)

But did you even bother asking our commanders?

Also, What guild you in?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

I would want that more than SBI/FA/DB any day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

SBI right about now….

http://youtu.be/YersIyzsOpc

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

SBI right about now….

http://youtu.be/YersIyzsOpc

Yaks right now

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Not even close. I already told you I don’t condone cheating on either side. The point I’m taking issue with is that you think YB benefited from the whole embarrassing deal.

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

Not even close. I already told you I don’t condone cheating on either side. The point I’m taking issue with is that you think YB benefited from the whole embarrassing deal.

Then what guild are you in?

Also YB benefited from it, But I personally don’t believe it was enough to win the match for them, if that’s what you think…. I think they benefited way more from Ebay.. the whole cheating thing isn’t what gave them the match.

It helped somewhat.. but i’m talking something like 2% or 3% benefit.. not like SBI lost cause Yak’s cheated or something.

I think even without the cheating going on, You probably would of won in the end…

in Match-ups

Posted by: SaintsGirlRemy.3679

SaintsGirlRemy.3679

Sad that I wasn’t able to be on more this week, looks like I missed the crazier week of the Season. 2v1 talk, siege eating, golem suicides and even dance parties..

Take a breath fellow SBI and get ready for reset night, while we may be pushed away from 2nd place we’ll at least get more fights now. As for the talk about ‘breaking’ the bandwagon, not really sure it’s as intense as it is hyped about. Been said before will be said again, servers will always get transfers of players who want easier wins or more action. If SBI starts to see guilds transferring out, it happens, they obviously didn’t find what they wanted here and they’re off to seek it somewhere else.

For the time I was able to be on and in wvw this week, had a lot of fun and got to see what we need more work on. Guildies get ready, we’re gonna be doing more practice runs next week. Also YB and EB, the next time you two are holding a dance party please send an invite my way, I make excellent cookies.

-Some random Quaggan with a kite

Asura Elementalist – I Il Natalie Il I (expert at falling over)
Asura Mesmer – Copycat Remy (confusing myself with my own clones)
Untouchables[UN] – SBI

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

Did you ask for reparations?

I mean, You didn’t know if it was someone from SBI in the first place (Cause the people you’re talking about also trolled us as well)

But did you even bother asking our commanders?

Also, What guild you in?

As I mentioned earlier, who did it was completely irrelevant, after the event, the game was in an unfair state, and it needed to be put back into a fair state. And knowing human nature, I knew exactly what was coming. I’m actually quite surprised it stayed as tame as it did. I expected things to get a lot uglier.

I don’t know any of your commanders, and I’m not in a WVW guild, that’s why I was motivated enough to make a forum post.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinboy.2471

Shinboy.2471

As a YB player, FA has us beat, so they would likely win that pretty easily.

Also, SBI (particularly all those that keep talking mad trash about YB), this is for you.

Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

No matter how you put it the greifing happened towards everyone not just one or two servers. This in turn causes the griefed server to grief the server that the griefer said they were from. this leads to the original griefer to grief harder and soon enough everyone has kitten in their Cheerios, DEAL WITH IT. Every server has these bad elements especially when the outcome is crucial to a desired result, is anyone really surprised when the griefing escalates when the pressure gets turned up? The only good defense is to have everyone openly and truthfully discourage these acts and maybe well all have a better time in WVW although it will still happen regardless of who says what.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

WE DID IT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 PAGES OF QQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

So now it appears coverage is no longer king… this brings up some interesting thoughts… and hopefully matches in the future. Is it possible that Leagues actually did something constructive for the game? Can’t wait to see how all this is applied next week! GL on reset all.

I still believe coverage is king. All that happened here is that the fairweathers stopping playing on sunday/monday because they suck. Then it is a lack of coverage. It’s just honestly disgusting how many fairweathers there are on SBI. I know for a fact when i was coming on around 3est for the past week that YB was fielding multiple zergs. More power to you guys, and I’m not trying to take away from what you did because I think your keep/tower defense was stellar. Good work.

Is it just me or are the few congratulations on the win that aren’t backhanded complements coming from [Bags] nothing against you guys but you have a reputation to being trolls turning a page maybe. I will say this I dont think yaks would have won without ebay and I think we can all agree on that but its not the 2v1 its because they held their ground in their BL and EB. Had they rolled over and become easy points this match up would have gone differently for sure props to you guys for putting up a fight. SBI its always a pleasure fighting you guilds like [TE] [BEAST] [ABYS] and others look forward to seeing you guys again even if it doesn’t go in our favor I know there will always be solid guilds to fight good luck this week guys.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MisterBang.3516

MisterBang.3516

Looks like Ebay is pushing at the final hours!
Man this is exciting!!!

please 30… please 30…

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

GRATS TO EVERYONE FOR 30 PAGES.

in Match-ups

Posted by: billiamgrace.2804

billiamgrace.2804

Yes! I finally have enough tears to replace the empty bottle of soy sauce in my cabinet. Mmm salty goodness.

Ehmry Bay – Guild Leader Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Rhyddarch | Sasha Fïerce | Truly Skrumptious | Bathsalt Cupcake
#nerfcliffs #hauskeepink

in Match-ups

Posted by: Totbot.4583

Totbot.4583

1 hour left until reset and we got to 30 pages!

Way to go everyone.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

YESSSSSS!!!

We did it guys! Bravo!!!

Man, this is greater than anything I thought imaginable!

This will be one for the GW2 ages!

Glorious…

….

Hmm…mathing a bit here, HA!

SBI, buddy, you know what you should do?

Team up with DB and make FA 3rd!

Clearly the only solution to get back at us Yak’s Benders!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

CONGRATS EBay!!!

All of your hard work and long hours have moved you in to second spot!

Overcoming SBI did not look easy, but they could not keep you from your rightful spot in this weeks match!

You are awesome

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

We?

More like me…You should all be thanking me.

I did this with no one elses help…

in Match-ups

Posted by: SaintsGirlRemy.3679

SaintsGirlRemy.3679

Gratz everyone on 30 pages of entertainment! Good luck to all servers on reset night

Asura Elementalist – I Il Natalie Il I (expert at falling over)
Asura Mesmer – Copycat Remy (confusing myself with my own clones)
Untouchables[UN] – SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: SeytSevens.7349

SeytSevens.7349

YESSSSSS!!!

We did it guys! Bravo!!!

Man, this is greater than anything I thought imaginable!

This will be one for the GW2 ages!

Glorious…

….

Hmm…mathing a bit here, HA!

SBI, buddy, you know what you should do?

Team up with DB and make FA 3rd!

Clearly the only solution to get back at us Yak’s Benders!

I really don’t believe SBI has the community to pull of such a stunt.

I really loved this match-up all in all and love the upset of Yak’s Bend. They had a great wvw base that really came out to defend what they have. SBI kudos to those few who managed to scrouge up your guild to do ome amazing fighting. In our side, every ebay player put in thier all this week just to make this happen. It no coincidence ebay made second place in each match-up. We had to knuckle down, hold our ppt and burst at the final day for that split.

Hope to meet you Yaks next week!

(pk) Unacam – Commander – ranger lvl 80
Ehmry bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

We?

Oh please, you should be thanking Ebay. Obviously wouldn’t be 30 pages without some unsportsmanlike 2v1 in the forums.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harken Vell.9624

Harken Vell.9624

I posted yesterday saying YB deserved the win and most of them were honorable etc etc …but after todays ‘gifts’ to EB I deleted it. Not sour grapes; the match to YB was lost but giving EB the undeserved 2nd is quite frankly pathetic. Sorry to all those who gave us a genuine run this week but you should be ashamed of todays tactics especially the trolls. To those of you who did play fair this week you guys n gals should probably consider another server.

Mshark-AW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Have fun on reset night everyone.

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Arya Whitefire.8423

I posted yesterday saying YB deserved the win and most of them were honorable etc etc …but after todays ‘gifts’ to EB I deleted it. Not sour grapes; the match to YB was lost but giving EB the undeserved 2nd is quite frankly pathetic. Sorry to all those who gave us a genuine run this week but you should be ashamed of todays tactics especially the trolls. To those of you who did play fair this week you guys n gals should probably consider another server.

SBI could’ve stepped up and turned the soft blue properties back to the green, being especially careful to time the tick. Instead they wasted time trying to hold 1-3 towers/keeps, and even occasionally came after a red hard target. It was really up to SBI to lose 2nd place, and for some reason you chose to do so.

Also, I should add:

We worked to get ebay to 2nd place, not to “Stick to to SBI”, but because of the way the league scoring system works. I have a feeling not many of you were thinking about the value of maintaining 2nd place, if you had, I think you could’ve done so.

(edited by Arya Whitefire.8423)

in Match-ups

Xsorus.2507

We?

Oh please, you should be thanking Ebay. Obviously wouldn’t be 30 pages without some unsportsmanlike 2v1 in the forums.

rofl..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Codisa.1892

Codisa.1892

this forum needs baby animals already?! SPREAD THE LOVE PEOPLE!

Attachments:

Ebay- Lulu [RISE],[Bags],[NA] :
Soundless Melody (Thief Sylvari)
Fallen Eñchantress (Human Ele)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

What have we learned (from the perspective of a Yak’s Bend grunt):

- Coverage matters, but politics and strategy can overcome a larger server

- Alliances are not cheating, but explicitly part of the design for WvW (the relevant dev quotes are repeated upthread)

- Some folks engage in actual cheating. It’s shameful. Responsible guilds will work to control the supply-trolls, and hopefully ANet will help here as well. If this gets out of hand, it could really hurt WvW

- Winning and losing have tremendous momentum, due to the ‘fairweather effect’

- Folks in WvW for the fights loved this matchup, as nobody lacked for targets for long. Folks in WvW for the PPT reacted based on how big their PPT was at any given time

- Yak’s commanders did a really good job. I was impressed with their coordination

- Yaks is good at siege and golems. Some people tend to call siege cheap, as opposed to open-field fights. Similar thinking led to the glorious French victory at Agincourt

- Yes, the above was sarcasm

- This week was far more interesting than the usual one-sided stompfests we’ve gotten in leagues

I wish I could spectate part of the match between SBI and FA next week. I am curious to see how SBI reacts, and whether they change their tactics

Snit Dirtnap

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

I agree, but it wouldn’t be an alliance if YB didn’t help EB get something out of it. All in all, i couldn’t care less. Soon all our chest-beaters will transfer to their servers and become their chest-beaters and the whole cycle will repeat itself. I’m just angry at all the fairweathers we have.

in Match-ups

Sagabatou.1076

Did someone say baby animals?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

We worked to get ebay to 2nd place, not to “Stick to to SBI”, but because of the way the league scoring system works. I have a feeling not many of you were thinking about the value of maintaining 2nd place, if you had, I think you could’ve done so.

Repeated for emphasis. Strategy works.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

CONGRATS EBay!!!

All of your hard work and long hours have moved you in to second spot!

Overcoming SBI did not look easy, but they could not keep you from your rightful spot in this weeks match!

You are awesome

Yeah gratz EB…you did it all on your own…you are so awesome and should be so proud of taking second place even going up against the likes of YB and SBI….and I don’t care what anyone says you look nothing like YBs female dogs in this…not at all…

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Yeah gratz EB…you did it all on your own…you are so awesome and should be so proud of taking second place even going up against the likes of YB and SBI….and I don’t care what anyone says you look nothing like YBs female dogs in this…not at all…

Thank you! That means a lot to all of us.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

omg you guys are still going? wow

in Match-ups

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

I can’t imagine that this is what Arena net had in mind when they introduced “competitive league play”.

Hi there! My name is Boottspurr, and I don’t post in the forums very often but I’d just like to say a little something to everyone here in this matchup thread.

First off, the above sentiment is something that I can’t disagree with more. When ArenaNet set up WvW, they set it up as a match-up between 3 servers. If they wanted it to be a completely direct mano-à-mano fight, it would have been 2 servers pitted against each other every week, not 3. If they wanted it to be a FAIR fight between 3 servers, they would have somehow set it up so that each server has exactly the same amount of people playing at any given time. Instead, what we have is, more often than not, a fight between 3 servers with a fairly different level competitiveness between one another.

So, what does this mean? Does this mean that ArenaNet fully intended for each server to be an island and fight in such a way so that each contest is Pre-determined even before we step on the field? Why even show up in that case, what would be the point of fighting besides just having a few good fights – which could easily be had with some other game-type. I say NO. I say this is EXACTLY what ArenaNet intended when they set up WvW with 3 servers.

TL;DR: There is a 2v1 going on, it’s super tactical and what I think WvW is supposed to be all about. SBI shouldn’t feel bad about what happened, they’re just a victim of the Season.

In WvW, 2v1 is a sound strategy, to be sure. What’s irksome about it happening in this particular match-up, is what motivated it. Undoubtedly, there are many players from YB and EB who employed this strategy to maintain the competitiveness of the league, but from the tone of this thread, it’s apparent that the implementation of said strategy was driven by the desire, by more than a few, to demoralise SBI, rather than because people want competitive gameplay.

(SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harken Vell.9624

Harken Vell.9624

I agree, but it wouldn’t be an alliance if YB didn’t help EB get something out of it. All in all, i couldn’t care less. Soon all our chest-beaters will transfer to their servers and become their chest-beaters and the whole cycle will repeat itself. I’m just angry at all the fairweathers we have.

Oh for sure no dispute there….just the idea that EB ‘did it for themselves’ is laughable (if letting YB open a gate and then walking in is doing it for yourself then ok) but that aside my point is about the trolls etc. Anyway whatever its still a game!

Mshark-AW

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

- Alliances are not cheating, but explicitly part of the design for WvW (the relevant dev quotes are repeated upthread)

- Some folks engage in actual cheating. It’s shameful. Responsible guilds will work to control the supply-trolls, and hopefully ANet will help here as well. If this gets out of hand, it could really hurt WvW

- Folks in WvW for the fights loved this matchup, as nobody lacked for targets for long. Folks in WvW for the PPT reacted based on how big their PPT was at any given time

- Yak’s commanders did a really good job. I was impressed with their coordination

- Yaks is good at siege and golems. Some people tend to call siege cheap, as opposed to open-field fights. Similar thinking led to the glorious French victory at Agincourt

- This week was far more interesting than the usual one-sided stompfests we’ve gotten in leagues

I wish I could spectate part of the match between SBI and FA next week. I am curious to see how SBI reacts, and whether they change their tactics

Snit Dirtnap

I agree with all of the above. SBI, let’s see whether you learned anything from our match-up for that one.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

Snit Dirtnap

I agree with all of the above. SBI, let’s see whether you learned anything from our match-up for that one.

I don’t know what exactly we are suppose to learn? We could still take both of you on easily without one of you there to hold the other. There really is nothing to be done, as there is no way any 1 army can stand against 2. All we can do is move on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

Congrats on your 3rd place finish SBI

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

Let’s explain how this all started:
1. Before the first week BP came to EB Lion’s Arch to recruit! Saying we were dead server and we had no chance! Since that time… and considering all the history between us and BP… we wanted to finish ahead of them!

2. Bp also made the mistake of thinking they were better then YB at the time and decided to troll them also.

3. The result: EB and YB even without a formal alliance ea decided to focus BP and smash them! EB had queues in 3-4 maps prime time during first week match-up and with YB and us focusing BP we managed a surprising 2nd place! YB-1;EB-2;BP-3.

4. Since that moment some of our commanders were talking about helping yb against sbi to fortify our friendship… and manage to get their help again for the last week match-up: YA;EB;BP!

5. The past week one of our commanders went to yak’s lion’s arch to speak with their commanders to see if they’d be up for it.

6. At the start there wasn’t an official alliance but we were surprised that yb was actually winning and we were also ahead of sbi! We were ahead of u till monday night and there wasn’t much of an alliance at that time.

7. On wednesday SBI was still not that far away and we actually started to team up and focus you more and more all time so we would be able to overcome u!

WE DID!
Could we have done it alone? NO!
Could YB reach 1st without us helping out? PROLLY NOT!
Does it suck for you? YES!

But guess what. We outsmarted you. We had an awesome response delivered by our community… and we fought till the last day! You cant win all the time. And because of the second place that wouldn’t be possible playing on our own we now have a chance to finish 4th in the end of the league with prolly the 6th coverage of all servers!

So my thx go to: YB, all EB community that made it possible and ty to the real sbi players that didnt quit till the last minute!

PS. I dont see SBI complaining when they wreck smaller server and dominate all bls just because they have better coverage… so why complain now? imagine YB and EBay as a tier 1 server on a 1vs1… OR is it ok for you to run blobs all time destroying everything and it isn’t ok for the others to do it to you guys?

(edited by Ricardo.5489)