Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

I don’t know what exactly we are suppose to learn? We could still take both of you on easily without one of you there to hold the other. There really is nothing to be done, as there is no way any 1 army can stand against 2. All we can do is move on.

A long time ago, during EB’s 14 week run against BP and AR, we (EB) were the bigger server. Near the end of that time period, BP and AR were getting tired of losing (they never lost by that much, really, and once or twice BP won), so they decided to form an alliance for a week as an experiment. EB ended up winning that week anyways, and I’ll tell you how:

What EB did was focus AR, the weaker of the two servers. In doing so, it left us pretty even to, if not slightly behind, Borlis Pass by mid-week. Yes, we were in second just like SBI was in second at mid-week; but there was a couple of very important distinctions between the two situations.
1. We were close to 1st place rather than close to 3rd
2. AR was very low on the scoreboard, and therefore had VERY low morale.

Because of what the score looked like by mid-week, AR started to believe that the alliance wasn’t worthwhile. All it seemed to be doing was allowing BP to win it, meanwhile AR would be ground to dust. So, just like that server, their alliance began to crumble as well. As soon as that started to happen, EB was able to focus more attention on BP and pull out the win by the end of the week.

Anyways, long story short: Winning against a 2v1 is possible, in fact it’s the more likely scenario if your server plays smart and uses morale to their advantage.

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

Your story doesn’t make it sound like there was much of an alliance between BP and AR. If you focused AR and BP didn’t come to help then it wasn’t really an alliance. It also sounds like you started in a strong lead before this “alliance” was formed, different scenario from an alliance starting out from the beginning, but maybe i’m miss reading your story?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

Your story doesn’t make it sound like there was much of an alliance between BP and AR. If you focused AR and BP didn’t come to help then it wasn’t really an alliance. It also sounds like you started in a strong lead before this “alliance” was formed, different scenario from an alliance starting out from the beginning, but maybe i’m miss reading your story?

Yeah, it started from the beginning of the week. Sorry it was unclear, by “near the end” I meant near the end of a 14 week span of time where we fought against each other every week in a row.

EDIT: And yeah, you’d be right in saying it wasn’t a very strong alliance. No alliance between rival servers can really be strong at all. I would say that the biggest achievement of the YB EB informal alliance is that it only got stronger as the week went on – and this only happened because SBI attacking YB instead of us left YB with a comfortable lead and left hope for EB to come 2nd.

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

(edited by Boottspurr.9184)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I don’t mind 2v1, that is a fair strat. What I mind is the kitten hats that transfer to other servers and waste supplies, and queue space. Get this dude off our server already, kitten . Tired of cheaters in WvW. Games are supposed to be fun, and no one has fun when other players are gaming the system.

I have no respect in whatever server these trolls are from (probably YB, since we beat you by almost 200k last time, and you somehow beat us this time).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

We’re not too happy about the cheaters either. I still think the cheaters are the same person with a couple throw away accounts on each server who decided to just try and stir up crap between us all and cause drama. It’s a little weird that the supply wasting trolls showed up on both servers at the same time, doing the same things, each claiming they were from the other server. It’s probably someone who isn’t from either server and just wanted to mess things up and be a jerk. Sadly Anet is a little slow on banning people we report and there’s no option in the drop down report thing for cheating/trolling.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

A few small scale fights from this matchup.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

I don’t mind 2v1, that is a fair strat. What I mind is the kitten hats that transfer to other servers and waste supplies, and queue space. Get this dude off our server already, kitten . Tired of cheaters in WvW. Games are supposed to be fun, and no one has fun when other players are gaming the system.

I have no respect in whatever server these trolls are from (probably YB, since we beat you by almost 200k last time, and you somehow beat us this time).

Some individuals from SBI (one repping an SBI guild and another found in party with an SBI guild member) did the same to Yaks Bend. This started no later than Sunday night. People have posted screenshots of this in this very thread.

I don’t assume that the majority of SBI approves of this or the majority of its guilds, but the entirety of YB’s wvw population knows what they did and was unhappy about it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bmac.5346

Bmac.5346

Let’s explain how this all started:
1. Before the first week BP came to EB Lion’s Arch to recruit! Saying we were dead server and we had no chance! Since that time… and considering all the history between us and BP… we wanted to finish ahead of them!

2. Bp also made the mistake of thinking they were better then YB at the time and decided to troll them also.

3. The result: EB and YB even without a formal alliance ea decided to focus BP and smash them! EB had queues in 3-4 maps prime time during first week match-up and with YB and us focusing BP we managed a surprising 2nd place! YB-1;EB-2;BP-3.

4. Since that moment some of our commanders were talking about helping yb against sbi to fortify our friendship… and manage to get their help again for the last week match-up: YA;EB;BP!

5. The past week one of our commanders went to yak’s lion’s arch to speak with their commanders to see if they’d be up for it.

6. At the start there wasn’t an official alliance but we were surprised that yb was actually winning and we were also ahead of sbi! We were ahead of u till monday night and there wasn’t much of an alliance at that time.

7. On wednesday SBI was still not that far away and we actually started to team up and focus you more and more all time so we would be able to overcome u!

WE DID!
Could we have done it alone? NO!
Could YB reach 1st without us helping out? PROLLY NOT!
Does it suck for you? YES!

But guess what. We outsmarted you. We had an awesome response delivered by our community… and we fought till the last day! You cant win all the time. And because of the second place that wouldn’t be possible playing on our own we now have a chance to finish 4th in the end of the league with prolly the 6th coverage of all servers!

So my thx go to: YB, all EB community that made it possible and ty to the real sbi players that didnt quit till the last minute!

PS. I dont see SBI complaining when they wreck smaller server and dominate all bls just because they have better coverage… so why complain now? imagine YB and EBay as a tier 1 server on a 1vs1… OR is it ok for you to run blobs all time destroying everything and it isn’t ok for the others to do it to you guys?

So this is the second matchup that YB and EB have teamed up against the third server?

(edited by Bmac.5346)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

So much QQ….Unbelievable!!

I hope FA and DB gangs up against SBI and teach them a lesson.

You hope FA and DB gangs up on SBI for pointing out you 2v1 this week?

How come the only server that seems to be embarrassed by this is Yaks..

EB doesn’t seem to care, and freely admits it… SBI is pointing it out…But Yaks is acting all insulted when we point out the obvious.

Insulted? Lol no.
It’s you who are getting the taste of your own medicine and hence the crying.

We are embarrassed? Nope. It’s you, who should be. You guys chest thump, QQ on here how strong you guys are and still would finish 3rd? Can there be more embarrassing situation than this? :p

I’m going to guess relying on a 2nd server to win would be a more embarrassing situation.

Are you sure it is more embarrassing than relying on fairweathers to win?

Nope, i’m pretty sure relying on your own fair weathers + an entire other server of fair weathers is more embarrassing.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, dude (Ooops, unfortunately you can’t due to the humiliation)

I sympathize with you.

Yes….everyone on SBI is humiliated that 2 servers ganged up on us to win… Oh no… what will we ever do… the humiliation is horrible that it took 2 servers to beat 1 server

How we will ever sleep at night with this travesty..

Rofl..

3rd place hahahaha!! It must be getting in your head. Also the 2nd place in league snatched away LMAO!

So did you have EB type part of that response for you?

Nope. What made you think so? You okay?

You need their help with everything else, I figure you probably required them to type your response’s now.

Awww…Just so you know, your assumption is as wrong as your first one.

Btw, EBay just 1.5k behind! C’mon, you can do it!! Humiliate the chest thumpers! Make them cry MORE!

I’m still confused at how you think its somehow humiliating to us for it to require 2 servers to beat us?

I mean…if anything, SBI is quite flattered by it…

If its flattering, why are you guys crying so much about it?

Not only this, it affected the league ranking as well. Like I said earlier, my sympathy is with ya’ll. I am sorry that we didn’t allow you to finish 2nd in the leagues.

2v1 or 100v1 doesn’t matter. It’s not illegal or cheating. What matters is that we will be ahead of you guys in the leagues. PERIOD.

What a copy cat PERIOD.

It might not be cheating (though I believe siege bots are and having accounts on other server just to drain supply from keeps shows a lack in sportsmanship) . . . it goes to prove that people are willing to do anything to win at a video game.

Like I said previously, it’s a holiday in most parts of the world, and the fact that YB and EB have come out to destroy SBI, to push them to 3rd, so YB can be 2nd in league, proves my point . . . at least I can enjoy my family this time of the the year.

The trolls aren’t only from our server, ok? Even SBI trolls wasted our supplies, killed golems, ok? Proofs are here in the thread, dig it up.

Excuses, excuses and excuses. It isn’t a holiday week here in India, so I dunno what you’re implying.

kitten , read first, I said “IN MOST PARTS OF THE WORLD” key word being MOST, implying not ALL . . . kitten , that’s some education you have . . .

I think this was my favourite post of the entire matchup thread. He feels capable of insulting someone else’s education. It’s adorable.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

We’re not too happy about the cheaters either. I still think the cheaters are the same person with a couple throw away accounts on each server who decided to just try and stir up crap between us all and cause drama. It’s a little weird that the supply wasting trolls showed up on both servers at the same time, doing the same things, each claiming they were from the other server. It’s probably someone who isn’t from either server and just wanted to mess things up and be a jerk. Sadly Anet is a little slow on banning people we report and there’s no option in the drop down report thing for cheating/trolling.

Fort Aspenwood! Could have been Mags too I guess.

30 pages, wow. Almost as much as the 40 pager we had with IoJ a few months ago when we were still on DH.

THE END

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Hi all,

This thread’s more or less done, but I just wanted to add a post directed towards those of my own server, SBI. First, I’m very proud to be a member of SBI – I’ve been on here since BWE3. I’ve avoided the sheer caustic toxicity of this thread, but I decided to post because one of my guildies encouraged me, and I wanted to give this message.

This post is about respect in the long term. Some of you guys have been on here since we were T1 butting heads with JQ and BG and HoD. Back then, Stormbluff used to be called Steelbluff. We loved to scrap and we still do – being out there this week I saw a lot of people fight their hearts out. This fight we got a couple of good punches to the chin. It’s our job to grin at those punches and hit back just as hard. Because we’re Steelbluff.

You know what people called JQ back then? JQQ, because they were always the first to QQ about some perceived double teaming and such. Now, I’m not here say whether YB and EB was or wasn’t. (I was in the Lord’s room on Thanksgiving with Bannok when we held it for like 3 ticks with no doors – EBay on one side, YB on the other.) I’m just saying that back then, nobody respected JQQ.

Why is respect important? You know the kid who cries easily gets beat up the most on the schoolyard. In WvW, all 3 servers are bullies trying to bully each other. Show a little QQ and you get focused by the other 2. Similarly, show a little too much bluster and you also become a target. If you want to lessen the chance of future 2v1s, fight with honor. If someone from our server actually did go to another server as a saboteur and got caught doing so, it’s only natural the response we received.

I’m gonna go back to being quiet now. Because I believe that Stormbluff Isle has the ability to “Speak softly, but carry a big stick.” I’d rather that these words on the forums not define what SBI is, but our actions.

See you all on the battlefield.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle