Bosses, increase bleed stacks to 65535

in Suggestions

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Dragons, and other bosses, in world, etc, will quickly get stacked with 25 of everything except perhaps confusion because it’s so rare.

it punishes condition builds in terms of kill credit, especially if they arrive late to a fight.

Please increase the stacks of pretty much everything to 65535 on vets, champs, and world bosses.

If someone drops a condition on them, it should not be pushed off by others.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LokreN.7698

LokreN.7698

How on earth did you think up that exact of a number?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

How on earth did you think up that exact of a number?

It’s the maximum a computer running at 16 bit can work with. (2^16)-1

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Since we are in the age of 64 bit how about stacks at 18446744073709551615?

2 to the 64th power minus 1

:)

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Would probably make more sense to just make the limit per player (ex., 15 stacks per player, with no max limit).

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Would probably make more sense to just make the limit per player (ex., 15 stacks per player, with no max limit).

I’m fairly certain that this would be considerably more effort than increasing the maximum stack size. I agree that stack size should be virtually unlimited against boss-type enemies – the short duration of conditions, even when duration is maximized by the player, prevents this from getting out of hand.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paine.2513

Paine.2513

I’m fairly certain that this would be considerably more effort than increasing the maximum stack size.

No, it wouldn’t. Game already keeps an agro list of everyone who’s done damage to the target, it would just have to count that list and multiply by 15.

It should probably be based on the type of mob it is tho, something like:
Normal = 15
Veteran/Elite = 30
Champion+ = 60

Cry Of Paine – Crystal Desert – 80 Mesmer

(edited by Paine.2513)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drasleona.5049

Drasleona.5049

well, from what i see, they could possibly make the stack cap something like 100, but heres the good part, the damage doesnt scale above what it is already at.
so no balance changes, just allowing there to be more stacks in terms of intensity that after the already set limit, become placeholders for the bleed stacks that should be there, but have no chance of causing damage, however it allows the ’’tag’’ to be made, and since it can count the bleed stacks and predict the damage, it can give appropriate reward.

[VexX]Feared Sniper -JQ Since BWE1
Lvl 80 Beast Master Ranger
VexX Gaming United

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I’m fairly certain that this would be considerably more effort than increasing the maximum stack size. I agree that stack size should be virtually unlimited against boss-type enemies – the short duration of conditions, even when duration is maximized by the player, prevents this from getting out of hand.

As I’ve said before, players really are uninformed.
Each stack in GW2 is an individual effect.
The damage and duration of each stack are tracked individually.
That’s why you see Bleed stacks going down and up during fight – because the older stacks fall off while newer stacks get applied.

If you apply 1x 2 second Bleed per second, you will always have 2 stacks of Bleed maximum, because before you can apply the 3rd, the 1st falls off.

I made a suggestion that is quite server-load-friendly in here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Sollution-Codition-Stacking-Boons/first