Dyes - Make them Account-Wide and Add an Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I’m a dye collector and I have invested a lot of time and gold into dyes. I have about 90% of the dyes unlocked on my character at the moment. I really love collecting dyes and I have had guild members help me by linking all the dyes they pick up and asking if I already have it.

However, the lack of the two features mentioned in the title really gives me no incentive to try to complete my collection. I hope that ANet adds an achievement for unlocking all the dyes (there is no reason for them not to). Also, please make dyes account wide. The sooner you make this change the better, because there will be fewer people complaining that they had unlocked the Abyss dye on multiple characters. The process of unlocking all dyes is very costly and I see no reason to having to do it on every character separately.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Splizze.6149

Splizze.6149

This is the thing that annoys me the most. Dyes being character-wide is just ridiculous.
The thing i want most in Guild wars2 is actually dyes being account wide.

would love if arenanet could atleast read and answer why they won’t do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Making dyes available account-wide would drop their market value. As is, you currently need to make a decision: will you collect/pay for the dye on each character that you play or only one? If you no longer have to make this decision, dyes lose value — this is bad.

Leaving them as they are extends the longevity of collection and their market value. I don’t believe ANet will budge on this, but that’s okay, because it’s fine as is. I, for one, enjoy collecting the dyes across each character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schakal.6091

Schakal.6091

Why would every character need access to all dyes? In practice I use maybe a dozen different dyes per character. The fact they tend to have more than that stems from the fact some dyes better represent what I wanted, but were unavailable at the time. Or from different dyes reacting differently to various pieces of clothing.

Also, the OP is confusing. They love collecting dyes but the lack of an achievement for doing so partially stops them from continuing. Some big love.

The internet is for Norn

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dyes-Please-make-them-account-bound/first

I’ve already made my opinion pretty clear.

Could do with or without an achievement for it though. (Achievements in games purely seem like an attempt to keep you playing…when you really haven’t ‘achieved’ much IMO.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

I love leveling up characters, let’s make levels account wide.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

The title pretty much explains it. Dye should be account wide.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I thought this at first as well.
Then I thought – I don’t really need all dyes on all characters.
My light armor users mostly go for Vibrant dyes.
My medium armor users mostly go for Leather dyes.
My heavy armor users mostly go for Metal dyes.

Taking the impact on the market into consideration, I think it would be fair to be able to mix 3 character-specific Dye into 1 account-wide Dye, or once you unlock the same Dye on 3 characters, it becomes account-wide automatically.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oni.7451

Oni.7451

The biggest argument against this seems to be that it will hurt the dyes market value. So why not a compromise? Just have “common” and “uncommon” dyes account wide, while “rare” dyes are character bound. This would make it much more convenient for everyone, but also keep the most sought after dyes at a hefty price.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

The biggest argument against this seems to be that it will hurt the dyes market value. So why not a compromise? Just have “common” and “uncommon” dyes account wide, while “rare” dyes are character bound. This would make it much more convenient for everyone, but also keep the most sought after dyes at a hefty price.

My biggest issue isn’t really market. But removing something from the game. Making content become a waste.

Lets take something you love to do in this game and only allow you to do it once, ever. After you’ve done it once with 1 character, you cannot do it ever again on your account.

Then like you suggest, we’ll make a compromise and allow you access only a small part of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i have 5 characters, but whenever any of them drops a dye, it goes straight to the bank, because my main is the one keeping all of them. why? because i like collecting dyes, which has the side effect of making all my other characters have lame colors.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, I don’t really understand why dyes are character-bound when so many other things (bank, guilds, ect) are account-wide.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I’m a dye collector and I have invested a lot of time and gold into dyes. I have about 90% of the dyes unlocked on my character at the moment. I really love collecting dyes and I have had guild members help me by linking all the dyes they pick up and asking if I already have it.

However, the lack of the two features mentioned in the title really gives me no incentive to try to complete my collection. I hope that ANet adds an achievement for unlocking all the dyes (there is no reason for them not to). Also, please make dyes account wide. The sooner you make this change the better, because there will be fewer people complaining that they had unlocked the Abyss dye on multiple characters. The process of unlocking all dyes is very costly and I see no reason to having to do it on every character separately.

Two reasons this cannot be done:

1) Dyes are a craftable by cooks, thus is would dry up their crafting use and make them worthless.

2) Dyes drop a lot and are also a requirement of Legendary weapons. Because of this, the demand/supply needs to be balance evenly. If 5 characters for 1 person needs a single dye each, the demand stays high, the price stays high, and the economy balances out. However, if that one person needs only a single dye, you’ve eliminated the demand by 4/5ths (not just on that one person, but by everyone). That would mean that price for dyes would go from 5silver each to 1silver each. Not good.

in Suggestions

Splizze.6149

2) Dyes drop a lot and are also a requirement of Legendary weapons. Because of this, the demand/supply needs to be balance evenly. If 5 characters for 1 person needs a single dye each, the demand stays high, the price stays high, and the economy balances out. However, if that one person needs only a single dye, you’ve eliminated the demand by 4/5ths (not just on that one person, but by everyone). That would mean that price for dyes would go from 5silver each to 1silver each. Not good.

1. economy will not change much because of dyes, we have 15% fee on trading post and we buy salvage kits / some mats from vendors so the economy will remain the same.
2. dye price might go down a little bit but not much, pretty sure its only like 1-2% of all gw2 players that buy dyes for character

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

You’re pretty sure, but you don’t have any way of knowing unless ANet supplied numbers.

in Suggestions

Splizze.6149

The best way which would make evryone happy is if anet decrease drop rate and make dyes account wide.
1. more people would buy dyes with gems.
2. more people would craft dyes, right now almost none does it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Remix.5019

Remix.5019

I hope they become account based. I see no point in collecting them if they’re limited to a single character instead of my many.