Jumping puzzle meta achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

There have been players asking for a JP specific title for a long time now, and of course it’s not that easy to decide how many of them should be included in it.
As of the recent update we know that effects affecting the whole account are possible. So I was thinking if a fall damage halving passive effect could be awarded to those who complete this not-yet-existing meta achievement (it could be either a given amount of JPs or the “alpha set”, the ones existing since launch). Now I know there are traits for this BUT some have very undesirable side effects (engi grenade barrage… why would I want to stay in combat after falling by accidentally hitting something – same with most of the professions, generally I wouldn’t mind being in combat but as it slows movement down…) or on totally odd trait lines. This effect is mainly defensive yet it is on offensive lines for mesmers, necromancers, guardians (maybe warrior too, haven’t checked yet). And also the meta achievement would operate without the special effect granted by the trait.

Now it is possible to “award” attributes and effects via the achievement system this could be really considered.

Edit: the problem with determining the needed number is new puzzles.

(edited by Howell Qagan.9752)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

There have been players asking for a JP specific title for a long time now, and of course it’s not that easy to decide how many of them should be included in it.

Quite easy, all needs to be done for the title. They arent that hard.
And YES, we need this meta achievment.
+1

The idea is not that bad also, yet title would be the best reward for me anyway.

in Suggestions

Howell Qagan.9752

Quite easy, all needs to be done for the title. They arent that hard.
And YES, we need this meta achievment.
+1

The idea is not that bad also, yet title would be the best reward for me anyway.

Edited for clearance, problem is new puzzles. And yeah could give a title as well, they don’t have to be mutually exclusive

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I have all the current jps in the game completed…And with the massive number of people in this game who QQ about jump puzzles and beg for mesmer portals to get through them, I think that completing a full set of them really deserves to be rewarded with a special title. It would only be better if it could go to people who don’t port to the end of every puzzle, but clearly the game has no way to tell the difference.

If I had a title for this, it would be my favorite title ever..Like that one special title I would wear all the time despite any other titles I get

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Suggestions

Howell Qagan.9752

I have all the current jps in the game completed…And with the massive number of people in this game who QQ about jump puzzles and beg for mesmer portals to get through them, I think that completing a full set of them really deserves to be rewarded with a special title. It would only be better if it could go to people who don’t port to the end of every puzzle, but clearly the game has no way to tell the difference.

If I had a title for this, it would be my favorite title ever..Like that one special title I would wear all the time despite any other titles I get

IKR, same here :P though I like my “Chosen”. Not many use it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

IKR, same here :P though I like my “Chosen”. Not many use it.

I don’t have that many special titles. Never played gw1 so I don’t get any of the cool hom titles. I’ve mostly been using Toymaker’s Apprentice lol cause the further we get away from Christmas the more people will forget about it or not have it.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

This please. It’s quite disappointing to complete every Jumping Puzzle and get nothing for it, at the very least a title would be nice. There are 45 JP ingame at this time, and it’s likely we’ll have more in the long run, so the title should be awarded for getting, lets say, 40 distinct JP completed.

I’m currently using the SAB title, which is as close as it gets: “Distinction in Applied Jumping”.

Roker
Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Campalishous.9076

Campalishous.9076

/signed

but with the caveat that they should make or add a couple of them that can’t be completed via Mesmer portal as part of the achievement so at the very least some effort had to be made to complete it.

[DIS] Campa Lishous