Ascended Armor

Ascended Armor

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

With it arriving on the 10th, how many people are happy about this new (I am assuming) grind?

Will it be something you work towards? Is it a step in the wrong direction in terms of time investment/enjoyment, or welcomed?

Will you work towards the armor due to aesthetics? Does the design encompass what you would expect of the “high-end” gear treadmill? (Judging by the image posted on the preview page, the armor itself looks lackluster, and imo kinda stupid >.>)

What is your estimation on the overall % for the power creep that will be introduced with this new tier of gear?

and finally: Do you believe this will be the final tier of gear that will be introduced? Or is there speculation that a tier for Legendary, and perhaps even a seperate new tier will be introduced later on in the game’s life?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Stress.2436

Stress.2436

Well i dont think i will go for the armor beacause they are very ungly and to spend 200g on some stats that i will hardly notice so my final answer is no hell NO

the helmet on medium has wings and i think the head will fly and the heavy somebody is going to make a dudu in your head))

(edited by Stress.2436)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I will get them when I get them.
They don’t make enough difference for them to be required, so I won’t rush getting them.

It is not a new tier of gear.
It is the exact same tier that we have in game a year ago. There might be new slots, but the tier itself is not new.
As for the difference it will not be more than a few %, far from enough to matter in real fights.

I am assuming that the current plans are for no other tiers, just expanding on Legendary Tier, but not adding anything new.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I am actually quite happy about the new ascended armor I’ve had my reskins planned out for a while but didn’t want to use them because I knew ascended armor was coming also I will make quite a pretty penny selling off orichalcum from my mining crew in southsun.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

If ascended armor is even half as expensive as ascended weapons, I have a feeling many people just won’t care as much. They really give you fairly minimal stat increases for the price, so unless you play fractals and need the very high AR, if it costs 100g+ to make each piece its not worth it. Add on top of that the price it takes to GET to 500 on all the new skills since t6 mats will only go up in price. They keep increasing the demand and NEED for t6 mats, but without increasing the drop rate. It’s only reasonable to assume that this means that once again t6 mats will cost 50s+ ea.

In the end..it’s just not worth it imo. It’s only like 1/3rd of a tier higher, but for 5-10x the cost. A set of exotic gear costs around 10-15g, even less if you use badges or karma. Exotic gear gave a LARGE stat increase over rares (and a full rare set might cost 1-2g depending on the gear). However, full ascended will probably cost >200g, but only a stat increase of maybe 10% (based off of weapons and trinkets)

So, I hope they either do one of 2 things: make ascended gear chests drop more often, or make t6 and ascended mats more abundant, ESPECIALLY for those who do stuff like WvW. I got a sunless staff, and I use it, but I notice absolutely NO difference in my gameplay. For a mesmer for weapons, since I swap around, I’d need at least 2 more, but most likely 3-4 more ascended to get “fully” ascended. Many people play with more than 1 gear set (unless you just do zerker PvE..but recent updates has shown that anet is trying to force players to be a bit more flexible), so you’re looking at at least 6, but most likely 12 armor pieces. So, unless they DRASTICALLY change the drop rate or the stats, they just won’t be worth it for most players. Just a niche item for the people that really like to just grind mats all day (I personally prefer to be in WvW killing players)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Prices of everything jumped 10silver should be interesting price fluctuation once ascended actually come out.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The increase in ability stat points is minimal (as far as I have seen item codes dug up from reddit data miners), the increase in armour is 5%, which combined with the same “creep” in ascended weapons makes a difference and can not be called cosmetic only over players with exotic items.
I expect each item to have an infusion slot, so you can either spec deeper into WvW infusions (probably defensive slots, as weapons have offensive ones) or increase AR (which makes resistance overkill possible – a bad sign for increased Agony levels or higher level Fractals?).

I am not looking forward to the grind, I am still at 470 with my highest weapon crafter. But gladly, I will not try levelling on any other armor profession than that for my main character.

PS: Introducing ascended jewellery would have allowed us to close the gap between the people already with ascended weapons, since most of them are available for laurels. Adding armor in a few months would have allowed the more casual players to catch up to the ones that are already pimped out through Fractals or grinding for Legendary/Ascended stuff.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

(edited by Gorani.7205)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The look of the new armors aren’t that good.

I’ll go for it for sure, I have no idea how long it will take me to craft my zerker medium armor for my ranger, but I will.

Legendary armor and trinkets is a sure fact stated by Colin, we just don’t know when, and I don’t think a new level of gear stats will be added (legendary = ascended btw).

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The only ascended weapon I have is from a Teq drop. I won’t grind for materials or waste money (in game or otherwise) for such a minor increase in offense/defense.

With that said, its a good addition for the players who like this kind of stuff. It’ll keep them busy for awhile.

SBI

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

The increase in ability stat points is minimal (as far as I have seen item codes dug up from reddit data miners), the increase in armour is 5%, which combined with the same “creep” in ascended weapons makes a difference and can not be called cosmetic only over players with exotic items.

It does make a difference, but in the end, at least in places like WvW, I doubt it’ll be a noticable difference. There is a NOTICABLE difference between players in rares and exotics. A 5% armor increase overall really isn’t worth it (especially since the current meta is all about conditions!!! In WvW and PVE!!!). So you probably won’t even see many people running full ascended purely because of the cost. It’s not just a cosmetic, there is a slight stat increase, but it won’t make anyone noticabley “better” than other players, except in fractals where the extra agony will help.

However, this is a good add for the kind of players that just constantly want to grind mining ores, trees, etc.. (or grinding money) constantly to get the new “better” shiny. However, even for them..since the cosmetics are mostly meh..and the stats aren’t that much better, they aren’t really “shinies”…so unless people just ping the armor in maps constantly, no one will even know they have it!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Ascended Armor

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Ascended armor?….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIZdDvpYJE
Really why do we have to get another update that will surely make half of community very angry and divide players in to unending arguing.
This game doesn’t need any extremely alt-unfriendly and boring gear grind so why?
PS: Feel free to scream you own no too.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Apocolyte.8093

Apocolyte.8093

I really don’t know why you feel like this topic needs to be revisited. The community has already had this conversation when ascended weapons came out. We’ve known since the dev’s summer out look for 2013 that the cap on all of the crafting professions would be lifted to 500. Nevermind the fact that the codes for the ascended armor have been around and posted in map chat months ago at this point (was it September or October that they started popping up?). So everyone knew that ascended armor was coming and you can go and take a look at the stats already. Also, if I remember the armor pieces did not have an infusion slot when the codes were posted, but that could change I guess.

So, to repost in summary what was hashed out months ago when ascended weapons came out:
- People that want ascended armor will get it
- People that think it’s too expensive will not lose much by not getting it
- It’s going to be kittening expensive to craft
- Legendary tier gear will always match the top tier that is more easily acquired (ascended in this case), so no Legendary will not become a new tier.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

However, this is a good add for the kind of players that just constantly want to grind mining ores, trees, etc.. (or grinding money) constantly to get the new “better” shiny. However, even for them..since the cosmetics are mostly meh..and the stats aren’t that much better, they aren’t really “shinies”…so unless people just ping the armor in maps constantly, no one will even know they have it!

Yeah, this is what I like about the armor. I don’t necessarily want to grind constantly, but I do like to have a goal in the background. I’ll be going for at least one armor set, but taking my time with it.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Basically, ArenaNet could not create a game with long term rewards without having to add gear with increased stats to cater for something.

‘’The stats difference is so small it doesn’t even matter, you don’t need to get it.’’

Then why even add it to the game to begin with…

There was Original Guild Wars though…

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

Basically, ArenaNet could not create a game with long term rewards without having to add gear with increased stats to cate for something.

‘’The stats difference is so small it doesn’t even matter, you don’t need to get it.’’

There were a lot of long term goals before acended gear. Extremly great number of visual improvements including legendary. You can spend months on character with this. And it was true ,,make it only if you want it" not like ascended gear which has advantage and is needed for some content.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Basically, ArenaNet could not create a game with long term rewards without having to add gear with increased stats to cater for something.

Title grinds in GW1 for tiny stat increases~

Ascended Armor

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

For WvW, yes, I will certainly be grinding out a set; however, I need to see how it will be rolled out in order for me to plan logistically.

There has been some talk that the armor will be like a set of boxed armor, with all six pieces of one stat set. If that’s the case, that would require me to make two sets, Berserker and Soldiers. This would be considerably expensive and develop into a long-term goal for a short amount of stats.

There is also the talk that Ascended armor may include an additional slot for something other than Infusions – perhaps a second Rune slot. Ascended weapons were exceptional upgrades due to their min-max damage that greatly improved power builds (but not condition, unfortunately). If Ascended armor only increased armor rating by 5%, that would be disappointing.

In short, I would love to eventually upgrade to Ascended (reskinned) armor, but depending on cost-effectiveness, I would either build a set quickly or take my time.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

You dont have to craft them. They are just minimal stronger and you will feel 0 difference. Srsly why are so many people kittening about this? Their is nothing wrong about it.

Ascended Armor

deepwinter.9015

No. No not really. I know a lot of us have been expecting Ascended armor for quite some time; in fact, Ascended equipment was intended to be in the game at launch.

Frankly, if you’re worried folks aren’t going to play with you because you aren’t sporting head-to-toe, best-in-slot Ascended weapons, you really ought to consider hanging out with a different crowd of people. Besides, Ascended gear for the current explorable dungeons (note: not high-end Fractals) is overkill – anyone who says otherwise is not worth your time.

Tarnished Coast

Ascended Armor

daros.3407

You dont have to craft them. They are just minimal stronger and you will feel 0 difference. Srsly why are so many people kittening about this? Their is nothing wrong about it.

I am fractal player and even if i dont need it right now when they will increase fractal levels i will have to craft for AR. Getting enough AR via AR slots would probably take even much more time then crafting full ascended gear.
Now or some time later i am forced to gear grind.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Timchee.1237

Timchee.1237

The current state of acquiring ascended weapons/armor limited to crafting only, is severely contrary to the core foundation this game was built on… or better put, its simply boring and linear.

Before ascended we all had a goal of doing dungeons to acquire tokens to in turn buy our exotics. This goal was obtainable to the psyche of the typical gamer because one could see the goal on the horizon. To acquire ascended gear on the other hand that very horizon view of gear (carrot on a stick) is fundamentally gone completely. Sure people have gone broke getting ascended weps, but at the cost of what? the cost was no fun and very grindy experiences. Is this the goal of the end game content and gear? This is not what makes me hungry to play more of the game.

I have just one request. At least make it fun to acquire these ascended pieces. I would gladly pay 50+ pristine relics or 8k wvw badges to get 1 piece of ascended.
Making all facets of your game able to acquire ascended only makes the game better and brings in more diverse players. No one wants to stand for hours at a crafting table to get their endgame gear.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

No, too ugly and not enough of an advantage for me to worry about it.

Ascended Armor

lordkrall.7241

It is quite likely that they will, in the future, try to find more ways to get access to certain stuff (the weapons do drop though, so you don’t NEED to craft them), but they do need to have it balanced, which does take time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

With it arriving on the 10th, how many people are happy about this new (I am assuming) grind?

I don’t get why you call it a grind. We have known this was coming for months. Even if you just took 2 days a week to go get ori on all your characters, there wouldn’t be a grind. Sure, we all will have to get the new time gated stuff, but if you just do it as you play you won’t notice it at all.

I have literally been saving up every chunk and scrap of everything since I maxed out the weapon professions. I made 3 weapons and decided they weren’t enough of a change to justify the cost. I am all set on mats when this hits except for the new time gated stuff which I assume will be as easy to acquire as the Dragonite and Emp. Frags are now.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Yes, crafting was lacking in purpose out side of leveling up until it produced superior armor and weapons that you can’t buy off the trade post like exotics.

Will it be something you work towards? Is it a step in the wrong direction in terms of time investment/enjoyment, or welcomed?

Yes, It is never a bad thing to have more goals, the stat increase is small enough not to be game breaking but big enough to make a different in situations of close matches especially as the negligible increase on each ascended piece accumulate into a noticeable one. No only that it is welcomed market stimulation.

Will you work towards the armor due to aesthetics? Does the design encompass what you would expect of the “high-end” gear treadmill?

No, just mostly for the stats, design seems right, as you advance through higher tiers they should have diminishing returns.

What is your estimation on the overall % for the power creep that will be introduced with this new tier of gear?

No idea, but if you want people pulling numbers out of not so nice places… id say in the single digit percentage points.

Do you believe this will be the final tier of gear that will be introduced? Or is there speculation that a tier for Legendary, and perhaps even a seperate new tier will be introduced later on in the game’s life?

It would not surprise me if they added legendary armor, but I can understand why they wouldn’t. As far as a tier above ascended stats… I doubt it.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Ascended Armor

deepwinter.9015

Wait, you think making Ascended items is all about standing around a Crafting Station?

Alright, well then, allow me to enlighten you:

Where do you get the wood, metal, leather and cloth to make your Ascended items? Did you buy it all from the Trading Post? Or did you go out into the world, through various level 20-80 zones to farm it all yourself?

Where did you get the Empyreal Fragments to make your Empyreal Stars? Surely not the Trading post. You should have found them on bosses throughout Tyria and the Mists, especially at the end of every dungeon and Fractal.

And speaking of Empyreal Stars, what about your Dragonite Ore to make your Dragonite Ingots? Did you buy them from the Crafting vendor near your Crafting Station? Or did you get them from World Bosses and Legendary Lords in the open world and WvW? You might have even gotten the bulk of it by doing Guild Missions with your buddies!

Gee willikers, sir/ma’am. It sure does sound like you got to see a lot of the world in your effort to craft an Ascended item. Its certainly nice to know you didn’t spend your entire time standing in front of a Crafting Station to make it. In fact, you probably did a lot of content to get there and may have made a few friends along the way.

Tarnished Coast

Ascended Armor

lordkrall.7241

Because some people feel the need to grind out even minimal stat-differences?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

^^ This is very true.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Thank ogden! I’ve been waiting for this day ever since stockpiling all 10+ of my characters with linen and wool at 40c!

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

These topics are getting old. There is nothing to discuss. If you wanted a discussion it should have happened months ago not now on the verge of releasing.

Also not everyone feels the way you do. I myself enjoy the ascended items being added to the game. If gives me something to do between exotics and the legendary grind. Also making an ascended weapon really isn’t a grind. The grind comes from getting your crafting to 500. Once you are there, it isn’t a grind to make the weapon. I am going to guess the armor is going to be the same way.

It is time for post like this to stop. The decision has been made, it is coming, and now it is time to accept that it is, nothing is going to change that. It is just like the Scarlet stuff, we will have at least two more LS months with her in it, even though so many people don’t like her. That is cause the development time evolved in making these is 3 months to 4 months. Just like the Ascended armor has been being developed for months. When it start was the time to discuss it. Time to move on.

Hjorje

Ascended Armor

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

These topics are getting old. There is nothing to discuss. If you wanted a discussion it should have happened months ago not now on the verge of releasing.

this topic started that many months ago and we are still mad that says something. so no we wont accept blindly what could possibly the worst grind/money sink in mmo history

Ascended Armor

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Will you work towards the armor due to aesthetics? Does the design encompass what you would expect of the “high-end” gear treadmill? (Judging by the image posted on the preview page, the armor itself looks lackluster, and imo kinda stupid >.>)

and finally: Do you believe this will be the final tier of gear that will be introduced? Or is there speculation that a tier for Legendary, and perhaps even a seperate new tier will be introduced later on in the game’s life?

New Ascended Armor models are all really really ugly in my opinion. Very disappointing.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

Ascended Armor

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

this topic started that many months ago and we are still mad that says something. so no we wont accept blindly what could possibly the worst grind/money sink in mmo history

It says something. It says it doesnt matter enough for you to vote the only way that matters to companies. Leaving. And the best part… if you wont leave over Ascended, you wont leave for the next bit of vertical progression either.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

Seriously, you just came with worst grind/money sink in mmo history. Really? Man, you must not have played very many mmo’s then. I started with Everquest and then Dark Age of Camelot. Those games had a grind. Even though getting to 500 on crafting is tedious, it no way compares to the time and money spent leveling crafting in DAoC. on item could take like 3 or 4 minutes for the bar to go across and then you still had the chance to fail. I currently have one crafting profession at 500, and that is because I luckily had the mats for it available to level it up. I am slowly working my others up. In no way does it compare to other mmo’s out there.

I can understand some complaints, but what you just said is plain dumb. Man

Hjorje

Ascended Armor

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m ready. I was getting bored again just grinding random dungeons and fractals for no real reason. It will be nice to actually have a new goal to work towards. Hopefully this takes longer than the 2 weeks the weapons took.

Also I hope they introduce the new legendary items soon and hopefully they look better than the current ones…

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If this was a goal I could work towards by playing the aspects of this game I enjoy, then this would be a slight bother.

However, since this requires me to 1 ) join the champ trains for any decent gold earning and 2 ) craft, this is again something that pushes me away from the game and leaves me disinterested in contributing with gem purchases.

The #1 reason I left WoW was the gear grind and this is something that ANet has continually pushed on players here…

Ascended Armor

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Fortunately, the improvement over exotic items is insignificant in case of armor. Since there is no weapon strength on armor, I think it will take a long, long time till I arrive at 500.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Ascended Armor

Mireles Lore.5942

If this was a goal I could work towards by playing the aspects of this game I enjoy, then this would be a slight bother.

However, since this requires me to 1 ) join the champ trains for any decent gold earning and 2 ) craft, this is again something that pushes me away from the game and leaves me disinterested in contributing with gem purchases.

The #1 reason I left WoW was the gear grind and this is something that ANet has continually pushed on players here…

You are in no way required to champ farm, nor is it the only way to earn decent gold, nor do you have to purchase materials, you can obtain them yourself. And if crafting leaves u disinterested best not try any other MMO.

Excuses to exclude ascended armor all amount to “but i don’t wanna!”.

Plus it has been mentioned in a interview or preview that ascended armor will drop in fractals at some point.

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Seriously, you just came with worst grind/money sink in mmo history. Really? Man, you must not have played very many mmo’s then. I started with Everquest and then Dark Age of Camelot. Those games had a grind. Even though getting to 500 on crafting is tedious, it no way compares to the time and money spent leveling crafting in DAoC. on item could take like 3 or 4 minutes for the bar to go across and then you still had the chance to fail. I currently have one crafting profession at 500, and that is because I luckily had the mats for it available to level it up. I am slowly working my others up. In no way does it compare to other mmo’s out there.

I can understand some complaints, but what you just said is plain dumb. Man

+1 /agree in comparison to other games you saying the worst grind/money sink in mmo history is laughable.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Ascended Armor

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I won’t craft them for the look nor for the stats, but for the agony slots if there are any. In any way I plan to wait before I start, till the material prices drop.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

You are in no way required to champ farm, nor is it the only way to earn decent gold, nor do you have to purchase materials, you can obtain them yourself. And if crafting leaves u disinterested best not try any other MMO.

Plus it has been mentioned in a interview or preview that ascended armor will drop in fractals at some point.

Champ farming is required for the dragonite and even if it wasn’t, it’s still the fastest way to earn the gold. The time it would take to obtain all these materials without buying any is a terrible idea when you consider the cost/benefit aspect.

In other MMOs, you can often ignore crafting if you want…not sure what your point is there.

And if that’s the only excuse you can pull from these threads, I think you’re too biased to your own opinion to really look at what people are saying.

I don’t like Ascended gear because:
– The gear serves as an unnecessary roadblock to experiencing the content I bought the game for.
– The gear adds nothing to the play experience aside from being able to outperform people who have less time to invest in the game.
– The gear is a lame distraction from adding new and interesting content.
– The gear sets a precedent for a gear treadmill and I bought GW2 specifically to escape the gear treadmill in other MMOs.
– The other reasons mentioned before regarding what they are requiring to attain the gear.

Ascended Armor

Mireles Lore.5942

Champ farming is required for the dragonite and even if it wasn’t, it’s still the fastest way to earn the gold. The time it would take to obtain all these materials without buying any is a terrible idea when you consider the cost/benefit aspect.

In other MMOs, you can often ignore crafting if you want…not sure what your point is there.

And if that’s the only excuse you can pull from these threads, I think you’re too biased to your own opinion to really look at what people are saying.

I don’t like Ascended gear because:
– The gear serves as an unnecessary roadblock to experiencing the content I bought the game for.
– The gear adds nothing to the play experience aside from being able to outperform people who have less time to invest in the game.
– The gear is a lame distraction from adding new and interesting content.
– The gear sets a precedent for a gear treadmill and I bought GW2 specifically to escape the gear treadmill in other MMOs.
– The other reasons mentioned before regarding what they are requiring to attain the gear.

I have made 3 ascended weapons and still have t7 mats coming out of my ears from just playing the game as I normally do. I have never touched that champ farming train. You are totally exaggerating on how hard and exclusive these materials as you can get them doing almost anything.

• - The gear serves as an unnecessary roadblock to experiencing the content I bought the game for.*

Lol what, how does not having ascended armor roadblock you from anything?

• The gear adds nothing to the play experience aside from being able to outperform people who have less time to invest in the game.*

Best remove all armor crafting from the game because you know it doesn’t add to the play experience at all, economy and trade, whats that?

Lets also hand everyone max gear that way nobody has to invest time in anything.

• - The gear is a lame distraction from adding new and interesting content.*

Like i said before it isnt required and it stat increase isnt overbearing to where you must get it right away!

• - The gear sets a precedent for a gear treadmill and I bought GW2 specifically to escape the gear treadmill in other MMOs.*

Having any type of tiered gear does, should we also shave exotics at the top as not to be to stressful to newer players?

• The other reasons mentioned before regarding what they are requiring to attain the gear.*

Those reasons are not valid you can do many activities to obtain the gear, dungeons, fractals, world events, farming, world vrs world. You might as well say that you dont like having to play the game to get this armor. All areas reward something towards ascended items. People can’t have long term goals in this game to strive for because you dont want to put in the effort for them yourself? please.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You mean world boss farming, not champ farming? I wanted to clarify the distinction as when I see champ farming I think of Queensdale and FGS and neither of those yield dragonite.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

If only they had normal slots instead of infusion slots…. No, too much efford, too expensive, not enough improvements.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

The ascended armor is only a little bit better than exotic armor. I am quite sure it will have an (passive) infusion slot. The current infusions are not so powerful in regards to the attributes.

The big unknown so is what Arenanet has planned for the infusion in the future. The introduction of ascended items is now completed. Maybe we will see Jeweler and cook at level 500 in future, but in principle we are done. The question is now: Will Arenanet shift the vertical progression to infusions? There would be space for four additional tier of infusions: green, yellow, orange and purple. Will we see such infusions? What pattern of attribute will they have? Something similar to sigils and runes? If we would see infusions like + 15 power/ + 10 precision/+1% crit. damage or +15 toughness/ +10 vitality/ -1% crit. damage received, could you still ignore ascended items?

The infusions are the items that will decide the importance of ascended items. The future will tell us the way infusions will go. I will be prepared for it.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Ascended Armor

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

It will be something I’d like to work toward to since I plan on sticking around with this game for a long while. That said, I know that It’s not important that I need to get these armors immediately which is why I love this game. People that use words like power creep and treadmills are the reasons we can’t have nice things in this game. >_>

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

. Maybe we will see Jeweler and cook at level 500 in future, but in principle we are done.

I believe someone datamined something that highlighted cooking going to 500.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I’ll work towards it because it’s there.

Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m assuming jeweler will come out next year and you’ll have the ability to craft trinkets and possibly infusions. This is just strictly speculation.