in Community Creations

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

No, quit asking this question.

Level cap increase past 80? Y/N

in Community Creations

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

80 is already 60 levels too many. Some may even go so far as to say it’s 79 levels too many.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Community Creations

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

No. 80’s fine.

LOTRO recently started having level cap increases, justified by large expansions. I just left. Couldn’t face doing it all again for another ten levels..then another ten…then another ten…

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Actually I read an interview with a dev where the question was actually asked if it would be increased. His answer was yes but I hope they change their minds.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Community Creations

Posted by: Graath.4273

Graath.4273

no thanks……

in Community Creations

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

No. 80 is a good number, I’d rather them expand the game in other ways.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no.

original guild wars level cap 20 was never raised.

in Community Creations

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

NO, it doesn’t need to be any higher, more horizontal progression is required.

Exactly! Planar Attunment comes to mind, ten more points in traits would be great even if we had to go out and earn them open world, new utility skills maybe some poweful ones that one must do a challenge to achieve.

Not to mention ascended gear thru crafting disciplines, T6 mats thru karma vendors, and a chance for Ascended trinkets to drop from champions dragon events would be a good start towards the horizontal.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t see ANY POINT IN FUTURE EXPANSIONS without higher level cap.

You will launch expansions where we start at endgame???

I can’t understand. I supose leveling system is useless AT ALL. We all should start as level 80, there is no point anymore, no objective.

I wonder what is expansions all about, new areas? lol, new story? lol.
Without level cap, without any more items type or better items… Future expansions can’t be more than a new story and some new maps.

YOU GUYS must understand that if there is new maps, new items, new things, the market will change anyways, with or without higher level cap.

I don’t see ANY POINT IN FUTURE EXPANSIONS if Anet raises the level cap.

The Level cap Must be reachable by all players. So future expansions can be marketed to the whole player base.

in Community Creations

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

no

An Error Prevented Saving:

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

No thank you.
15 characters body length

Gunnar’s Hold

in Community Creations

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

No. Useless timesink!

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

no because if you have more trait points, builds become less meaningful – i.e. you don’t have to decide between x and y powerful traits, you can probably just get them both – so it creates less variety

edit: unless they added two new trait lines for each profession which you could only invest in past level 80, so everyone’s base builds would stay the same, as you can’t put more points into existing trees, but there would be new traits to choose from so it would actually create more variety. All level 80+ gear must not have statistical increases though. That’s clearly important for the community

(edited by Wanderer.5471)

in Community Creations

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I don’t see ANY POINT IN FUTURE EXPANSIONS without higher level cap.

You will launch expansions where we start at endgame???

I can’t understand. I supose leveling system is useless AT ALL. We all should start as level 80, there is no point anymore, no objective.

I wonder what is expansions all about, new areas? lol, new story? lol.
Without level cap, without any more items type or better items… Future expansions can’t be more than a new story and some new maps.

Isn’t that a good thing in and of itself. I’ll pay for the story and maps like I did in GW1. There’s no reason to presume that levels are a requirement for those.

YOU GUYS must understand that if there is new maps, new items, new things, the market will change anyways, with or without higher level cap.

Entirely correct. In GW1, expansion meant the prices of rubies, sapphires and obyx shifted big time. Even lower tier materials got new purposes which made them hugely desirable. So while the market changes, the stat cap doesn’t. Fresh winds don’t have to be destructive for old content.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Community Creations

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Let me think about it…No.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

No here as well. I don’t want all the gear everyone has worked for up to this point to instantly be rendered obsolete and for us to have to go through all that all over again.

I’m confused by this answer. You say no more levels and no more gear. So what now exactly?

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mooge.2346

Mooge.2346

No.

More skills, more weapon types, more dungeons, more living story, more DEs and GW1 style expansions – yes.

More gear tiers, more grind, more time gated / region specific events – no.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

No here as well. I don’t want all the gear everyone has worked for up to this point to instantly be rendered obsolete and for us to have to go through all that all over again.

I’m confused by this answer. You say no more levels and no more gear. So what now exactly?

titles , different looking armour with different stat combinations (not better) more activities like keg brawl, more pvp maps etc etc lots of more content they can add without ever adding +1 to stats or lvl. see how GW1 had about 3 games worth of end game due to not increasing the lvl

but it doesn’t matter what anyone wants they’re going to do it anyway

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in Community Creations

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Level 80 is high enough to kill an Elder Dragon and the tentacle monster in Solid Ocean Fractal. What exactly would necessitate going above level 80? There’s no mechanical reason to do it; if they want to give players extra trait points, they can just go “here you go players, extra trait points! Enjoy!” More skills, more zones, more everything can be interspersed in the standing levels. What would really be gained, other than kittening off the very large quantity of people who bought the game under the pretense of not having to endure a gear reset every 18 months?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Community Creations

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yes please. I like progress. Ppl hate to ‘level’ but like to grind for titles like it was in GW1? I don’t get it. I like to go to places where I am too weak and need to work. I feel an achievment by reaching higher levels, higher stats etc. The non-progress was my biggest complain in GW1. Also, I’d like to see new traits and skills with the progress to lvl 90 (best would be with a release of Cantha, though I think it is not very likely).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Community Creations

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

No.

I don’t really see the point in raising levels. Instead, i think, we should have more abilities to unlock and have our characters grow with that. After 80 there isn’t much point in those skill points aside of trying to get a fancy exotic or legendary, which most of people don’t even bother pursuing, so they have all these skill points laying around.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Speaking of Legendaries wouldn’t raising the level cap make them obsolete since they are level 80 weapons?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

No. I’ve got a ‘No’ handy for each and every repetitive poll on this topic.

Speaking of Legendaries wouldn’t raising the level cap make them obsolete since they are level 80 weapons?

Not an issue according to Devs assurances they will always be best in slot. The weapons would likely autoscale – presumably to current character level from 80-onwards until you reached the new cap.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

No. If you answer yes you’re gonna need rehab to clear your mind of previous unhealthy addictions caused by other MMORPGs.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Community Creations

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Link didnt work for me.

I vote no. Game doesnt need to reset gear every year or so to keep the masses happy.

Do everything else you have planned, just do not increase level cap. New zones, content, world story arcs, personal story arcs.

I vote no to level cap increase, and a hell no to new gear stat increase.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

Voted No. It’s a landslide for the No’s at the moment with 80% voting No.

The reason – It’s simply a gear reset. Been there a few times in other mmos and everything you spent those hours accumulating becomes worthless overnight.

Pretty sure I’d just walk away with a level uncrease. Not into doing things over and over for no real reward (your just replacing what you had). It’s the main reason I left another popular mmo. Went through the gear reset 3 times and at the fourth decided it wasn’t worth it.

I really do not see any point whatsoever in increasing levels. Can anybody point to a single benefit to the player ?

in Community Creations

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Yes, only because people’s unfounded resistance towards better gear, which handicapped ANet into only having only one real option once ascended gear is out in 2014. I think a nice alteration between new gear and higher level cap would be much much preferable to having only one avenue of meaningful progression to explore .

Sometimes people simply don’t know what’s better for them in the long run, of which ANet fortunately seems to be aware.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

I would vote yes if it also came with each and every one of the following:

1. No MF gear at the new level cap.
2. No ascended tier at the new level cap.
3. Make exotic gear at the new level cap ever so slightly harder to obtain.
4. If they -really- deem it necessary, make exotic gear at the new level cap have the ability to add agony resistance (and only agony resistance) via the mystic forge. If they also want to make it have pink letters after infusion…sure, why not.

Raising the cap just for the sole purpose of invalidating all my current gear? Yeah, no thanks. Been there, done that.

(edited by Rooks Zaer.5846)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Look at all these people answering “No”!

Time to dash some dreams:

Mike O’Brien (CEO of ArenaNet) wrote:

“I hope we’ve been clear that GW2 is not a game with virtually no stat progression in it like GW1 was. That’s why GW2 shipped with a higher level cap, and with a hard separation between PVE and PVP.

“In GW1 we never advanced the level cap through four campaigns/expansions. The game design didn’t allow for it. But GW2 was designed without those restrictions, and we’ve always expected that we will someday raise the level cap in GW2.”

Sources: http://www.gamefront.com/guild-wars-2-level-cap-raise-confirmed-for-future/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13tuac/im_the_studio_design_director_on_guild_wars_2_ama/

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Here is an ongoing poll for this particular question. It’s up to a little over 500 votes! Keep voting!

http://poll.pollcode.com/vfxrsy

in Community Creations

Rooks Zaer.5846

“I hope we’ve been clear that GW2 is not a game with virtually no stat progression in it like GW1 was. That’s why GW2 shipped with a higher level cap, and with a hard separation between PVE and PVP.

“In GW1 we never advanced the level cap through four campaigns/expansions. The game design didn’t allow for it. But GW2 was designed without those restrictions, and we’ve always expected that we will someday raise the level cap in GW2.”

Sources: http://www.gamefront.com/guild-wars-2-level-cap-raise-confirmed-for-future/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13tuac/im_the_studio_design_director_on_guild_wars_2_ama/

Everyone has already learned on Nov. 15th that ANet has no problem dashing into a controversial decision head-first without considering player opinions and public backlash. When they pull the trigger on this, absolutely no one is going to be surprised.

in Community Creations

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

We have all seen how well Anet keeps their word and how good they are at going back on their word as well. I would seriously take this with a grain of salt.

If Anet is truly listening to their players like they say they do, then hopefully this thread will provide enough feedback to let them know that a pretty hefty sum of players are against the idea of a level increase. Whether they said they are going to do it or not is irrelevant. Like I said above, they have gone back on their word several times already. This situation is no different.

As to the topic, no they shouldn’t increase the level cap. They should introduce Campaigns like they did with GW1, instead of creating Expansions like other MMOs, where you have to grind to the next max level just to experience any of the new content. Campaigns cater to everyone, where Expansions only cater to max level.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Community Creations

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

this game has 0 montly fee so the best way to make guaranteed cash is by raising profession, crafting and gear levels.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

We have all seen how well Anet keeps their word and how good they are at going back on their word as well. I would seriously take this with a grain of salt.

If Anet is truly listening to their players like they say they do, then hopefully this thread will provide enough feedback to let them know that a pretty hefty sum of players are against the idea of a level increase. Whether they said they are going to do it or not is irrelevant. Like I said above, they have gone back on their word several times already. This situation is no different.

As to the topic, no they shouldn’t increase the level cap. They should introduce Campaigns like they did with GW1, instead of creating Expansions like other MMOs, where you have to grind to the next max level just to experience any of the new content. Campaigns cater to everyone, where Expansions only cater to max level.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid there’s very little chance they will listen to us on it. Ignoring my personal feelings on the matter (that they would do it despite our cries because they perceive it as being a better business decision, because WoW did it, etc etc), I mainly think it will happen because of how long it takes to produce game content. If they are even remotely planning on releasing the expansion by 2014, they will have already started working on it by now. If that’s the case- they are committed to having post 80 stuff, and all of this is moot :-\

in Community Creations

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Absolutely yes. Leveling was the best part of the game.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Community Creations

Rooks Zaer.5846

Absolutely yes. Leveling was the best part of the game.

Great news! Due to having multiple character slots, you can enjoy leveling all you like without forcing the rest of us to have to do it. You can even create the same class and race if you like.

in Community Creations

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

If they designed the game to, one day, increase in level cap, why start with 80? Why not 40, 50, 60 so it had somewhere to grow? Are we seriously looking at 90? 100?

Kitten. Kitten. Kitten. Kitten.

No, I actually typed kitten four times. I’m trying hard to not release my inner quaggan rage for this treadmill to be expanded one day.

Future thanks for ruining our current gear we work (yes, work, not all fun) hard for.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

They’ve previously stated they will raise the level cap and its proven by past actions on ANet side that the community opinion means absolutely nothing to them. One piece of evidence is that 6 months later, thousands of complaints, and numerous post, they still have not fixed the Right Click. They are far more worried about gem sales and making shiny stuff more shiny than to even look at the level cap. And when they do raise the cap there will be nothing but whining and complaining about it even though it will take u all of 5 hours to get maxed out again. Like 90% did with Ascended gear.

So yes I approve the level cap because I understand it comes with more challenging content instead of them just doing it.

And if u don’t believe , read through the post and all the tears. All im getting from these people is that they want all new gear and new content with no challenge or change at getting it. They want everything handed to them. Even their max levels.
@ Rooks Zaer.5846 – Your post makes no sense. Give me give me give me is all it screams.
@ Kandrick.8054 – Comparing to other MMO’s. Good thing GW2 is nothing like those so you have absolutley no idea what to expect. You’ve experience dynamic leveling before?
@ Adine.2184 – legendary weapons are not any better than any other exotic. they are only a skin.
@ Sarrs.4831 -another one with the Give me give me.
@SpyderArachnid.5619 – So you want to be overpowered the entire new campaign except the few lvl 80 maps and the end ? Or how bout ALL the maps be lvl 80-90, sounds bit more entertaining, doesnt it?
Ya know I am halfway up the third page but im just gonna stop. Everyone complains about it the same way “But, but, but im gonna need new gear!? But, gw2 is hard!”

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

(edited by Chuck.8196)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Xylliana.7281

Xylliana.7281

If they wanted to add levels and associated gear every expansion they should have told us more clearly and way before. Why? because if i knew it before i would

1) Have done 1 character instead of 8.
2) Stayed in WoW, where at least the gear grind gives me serious advantages over just being minor increases + a timesink.

So my answer is NO, PLEASE NO (i’ll leave the game if so, that for sure.)

Need my advice to be more clear? check Here and Here

in Community Creations

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

Yes, but it would only be to 99, and you could still use most of the 80 gear at 99 as there would only be a marginal increase in armor. It would mostly be to bump trait point total to 90 and get a few more skill points. And so that the monsters could get more difficult past 80, because as it stands monster difficulty is a joke. It’s also so that the new armor would look better than what is at 80 which would be the only reason for working toward level 99 armor.