Devona's Rest Climbing and Expanding

in Looking for...

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

I don’t know how many people or guilds on DR still knowing about me, a Devona’s Refugee. I do know and still love DR, and DR had trained me very well — fighting against big enemy numbers with so few, by smart and essential defensive sieges in WvW forts. We or they (usually) don’t do open field sieges. We roamed, we havoced, we outmanned, we trolled, we lol’ed, we yolo’ed and fought to the last stand , and/or, by standing together defending our home map or even camps.

DR along with those native and old respectful guilds are definitely growing and coming back to the game. I have heard that some of my DR/SBI fellows had just transferred back to DR.

Devona’s Rest, is always the home for heroes. Just click the link in my signature and most of my posts (oh, how shameless q: ) to learn about DR and what DR had done. I really really had fun and made tons of friends there. I still miss and love you folks!!

Remember me to people in [havc], [OHai], [BRL], commander Zeroskillz the actually skilled and tanky kitten mesmer, Ashley Fox the thief, Theo the unbelievably high ranked warrior!!!!!!! — I think Theo is just like DR’s Chuck Norris , I believe no one on DR will argue about that plain fact.

Edit: Wanna adding some fun memories here…

Those fun people are still there, at home on Devona’s Rest.

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by playard.6035)

in Looking for...

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

TBT moved to DR 2-3 weeks ago. From the minute we got there, guilds were welcoming on TS and in map chat. It’s a low drama environment which is a far cry from where we came from. DR players are just out to have fun. There’s no feel of “carrying” anything or being out there alone. Svid / silent or the other commanders are always communicative and supportive and let us know where the fights are :P

So far, it’s been a great decision. I recommend it for anyone looking for a change of scenery (for whatever reason) because sometimes the grass really is greener.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

DR is a great server, very friendly bunch of folks. They hold numerous events throughout the week for their Community, and always are positive which is refreshing, do not see that on very many servers.

Also a very dedicated server to not only their community but also their match ups, I couldn’t be happier with the decision to join DR.

(edited by Moderator)

in Looking for...

Posted by: BHo.6234

BHo.6234

Glad to hear that!!! DR is growing every day. Join us!!

Pata Vormund
Leader, [FIST] Fire Support Team
SoS

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

DR is a great server, very friendly bunch of folks. They hold numerous events throughout the week for their Community, and always are positive which is refreshing, do not see that on very many servers.

Also a very dedicated server to not only their community but also their match ups, I couldn’t be happier with the decision to join DR.

You could message anyone in TBT and they’d tell you the same thing. If you’re looking for a server on the up, then this is the place for you.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

Definitely enjoying the climb. Even if you or your guild are looking to transfer post season go ahead and message me In game.

Pata Vormund
SoS

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

GET TO DR ALREADY!!!

Pata Vormund
SoS

in Looking for...

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

If you are looking for a friendly and growing server and you are tired of guild drama on your server, come check out DR! I transferred here with my guild about a month ago and I can honestly tell you the community on DR is amazing. There is no drama between guilds, there are so many committed people on DR, everyone wants to see the server grow and succeed, people just want to have fun.The server forums are always positive and people talking strategy and what we can do to win. DR isn’t a highly populated server compared to it’s competition but I can tell you that our WvW participation beats out many other servers down here in bronze just because the server community tries to keep it fun and drama-free with daily WvW server events (necro zergs, uplevel zergs, asuran zergs, and yes even ranger zergs). This helps keep people from getting burnt out and reminds us the ultimate goal is to have fun.

We still have some holes in our coverage, so we’d be grateful for any OCX guilds/ players to join us. DR is growing fast and we are hoping to jump into the bottom of Silver. Come be apart of the DR family!

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Posted by: Firkin.9123

Firkin.9123

Guys with the season coming to an end people will be looking for new homes. If you are looking to a server with a good bunch of people, who can perform well in the Bronze league levels then look no further than DR. My guild moved here 10 weeks ago and it now feels more like home here than our old server ever did.

There aren’t people shouting in TS or whisper chats, you don’t get abusive in game whispers if you decide to take an hour outside of WvW. The DR WvW community is a group of good people who enjoy WvW but realise that its not a job.

If you want to know more hit me up here on in game, and above else enjoy the battle.

Gilfirkin- Night Crew Commander/ Guild Leader [BoM]/[DmD]
’Waypoints? What waypoints?"
http://brotherwood.enjin.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

If you have any questions about our server, please feel free to whisper us!

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sergie.7865

Sergie.7865

Great season in Bronze. Lots of fun and DR tries to keep it that way. If you are looking for a really good community, one that emphasizes the fun in WvW as much as anything else, DR is place for you. We have enjoyed the run so far, but want to go a higher. We are actively recruiting players and guilds of all types to join the server.

We are looking to bolster the non-NA prime time slots so if you are an OCX, or SEA guild/player and are thinking of trying out something “less of a job, more a game,” PM me in game. We can set you up to talk with any of our guild leaders.

Look forward to seeing you on DR!

Svid -FiST – SoS – “Here Since the Earth Cooled”

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

Devona’s Rest is still growing! If you’re a player or guild looking for a new friendly home, DR is the place to be. Super friendly & welcoming community who likes to have fun but gets stuff done.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

If you’re considering moving, scout us out and you’ll see that this thread isn’t a bunch of bs

sometimes the grass really is greener

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

Do you guys have any videos ?

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

Here’s one from our guild TBT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuo3od6-iIs

Video from guild Zs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMYiduFsD0c

Video we made for our friends at GOM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLpmaVWDQio

As you can see DR likes to have fun but also get stuff done

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Undertaker.2731

Here’s one from our guild TBT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuo3od6-iIs

Video from server run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3LdyoyN_Ow

Video from guild Zs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMYiduFsD0c

Video we made for our friends at GOM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLpmaVWDQio

As you can see DR likes to have fun but also get stuff done

Nice videos, 80% sure u guys made up my mind. Just need to do some pve (ewwww) to make the gold for the transfer..its 1k gems right?

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

I think so yes 1k gems. If you are interested you can message me ingame, I will be on later today or message any of the guild leaders if you got questions and could possibly help you with transfer costs if you are serious about coming to DR.

We would be happy for you to join!

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Undertaker.2731

Well im on Blacktide EU atm, left my previsous guild couse difrent views on the future of the guild so i have nothing to do anymore on BT.

Btw could i ask whats ur prime time or time when u are raiding? its 00:36 for me and i usually play from 9pm to 3 am sometimes more depending on my schedule the next day.

EDIT: I also have a friend that plays Ele that would like to move too

(edited by Undertaker.2731)

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

NA guilds like HoD, RED, Kyro, TBT runs mainly during NA prime which around 9pm EST to like usually 1AM EST or later

Guilds like DmD run late NA prime into Ocx hours
Zs run Ocx/SEA hours

(someone correct me if i’m wrong)

DR’s coverage is pretty good I’m sure you will be able to find a guild that runs during your hours.

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

Well im on Blacktide EU atm, left my previsous guild couse difrent views on the future of the guild so i have nothing to do anymore on BT.

The beauty is that there are quite a few to guilds to choose from. If you go into the DR TS or map chat you’ll see a lot of joking around / people having fun. I think that’s the most telling sign of a healthy server.

I think you’ll enjoy it here.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in Looking for...

Undertaker.2731

The beauty is that there are quite a few to guilds to choose from. If you go into the DR TS or map chat you’ll see a lot of joking around / people having fun. I think that’s the most telling sign of a healthy server.

I think you’ll enjoy it here.

yes ofc, but tbh starting raiding at 9pm EST is a bit late for me tho..thats like 2 or 4 am for me

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

yes ofc, but tbh starting raiding at 9pm EST is a bit late for me tho..thats like 2 or 4 am for me

tbh there’s always guilds running. NA prime is just the busiest because DR is an NA server but guilds like Kyro are pretty much running 24/7. And there’s so many committed guilds on DR from small roaming /havoc guilds to larger zerg busting ones, i can assure you that you will find one that fits your time. I know [SA] runs couple hours before NA prime you could look into them. But yea I would message one of the guild leaders or server leaders who know a lot more than me for more info. Try Svid or Silent Rapture.

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

Bump, Undertake I messaged you in game.

Pata Vormund
SoS

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

Welcome DwS to DR!!! Still looking for more guild and players that want that drama free, nontoxic experience from their server. Message me in game. We can bring you on our TS and have a meet and greet.

Pata Vormund
SoS

(edited by BHo.6234)

in Looking for...

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

We welcome all members to join us with open arms!

Also something about free cookies

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: schmots.6803

schmots.6803

Realize this isn’t quite the right forum, but its the only active DR thread I can find.

I’m on DR, have been since I got the game. I went away for a few months and my guild seemed to have disappeared. I am looking for a decent casual guild where I can increase my dungeon abilities and learn some WvW.
I have an 80 elementalist, partially geared in exotics, but old meta (power, tough, bit)
I have an 80 ranger not geared for end at all.
And I have a thief that is 75 and will be 80 probably next time I play that I am really enjoying.

Can you suggest any guilds?

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

What is your primary time slot that you play?

Pata Vormund
SoS

in Looking for...

schmots.6803

It varies, mid-day (EST) on the weekends, weekdays around 7pm-10pm EST

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

RED or HoD should be considered. HoD is more WvW centric but has dungeon masters and Fractal masters. RED is more PVE centric with a good core of WvW players. Both run during that time slot.

Pata Vormund
SoS

in Looking for...

schmots.6803

Thank you for that information. I will try reaching out tonight when I am online.

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

No problem!! If you need more info you can PM me on here or in game.

Pata Vormund
SoS

in Looking for...

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

schmots, TAS [The Asuran Squad] is a fun little (but growing!) casual guild you can look to as well. We do nightly WvW runs at 8 EST (though a few of our officers tend to run much later into the overnight hours) and try to do some fun themed events as well. We also have a few members that are very helpful in dungeons. We love it if you have an Asura character to use from time to time, but we welcome all!

Also, we do NOT require full rep, so you’re welcome to hang with us when you like and look at other guilds for other aspects of the game as well!

Feel free to message me here or in game if you have any questions.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

(edited by cpg.7140)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Fauntleroy.4762

Fauntleroy.4762

I have been on DR for about 2 months now and really enjoy the WvW community. Very friendly server to be on. Would recommend it to those higher tier servers looking to do something other then map blob. It is rare to see a que on our server since we are still growing.

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

DR is still growing! We’ve already had 3 guilds join us in the last week and we are still looking for more to join us! DR is a drama free server that likes to have fun while still having a strong commitment to WvW. We have lots of room to grow and would love for players/ guilds to join us.

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

By far the most enjoyable times I have had playing this game came after transfering to DR. Great guilds, great people, great community, and full of dedication while still having fun. Were working hard to move up the ranks and look forward to facing new challenges.

Sick of toxic communities?

Join DR, you won’t be dissapointed.

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

Glad you guys are enjoying the great community. DR has guilds transferring all the time because our community is truly amazing. Message me in game or on here if you want to get away from the drama and clutter. DR is a non-toxic competitive server full of people that are dedicated to growing and getting better.

Pata Vormund
SoS

in Looking for...

Sergie.7865

Devona’s is looking for a few SEA/OCX guilds to join our rise. If you are looking for something different, a non-toxic, no drama community, that loves to compete and keeps the game fun (a druken ranger zerg? Ladies night..30 female thieves?) check us out. We would love to talk with you!

Also – you may talk with any of the following commanders in game:

Silent Rapture – HoD (NA)
El Cid – TBT (NA)
Svidangy – RED (NA)
Molen Labe – BRL (NA)
Gilfirkin – DmD (OCX)
Zerconidas – Zs (SEA)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

I’m loving this server, together we will rise in the ranks. If your sick and tired of being stuck on toxic servers, come try DR and be part of the rise !

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Ladies night is on this Saturday June 14th, 2014. We are meeting up 7:30 to 8:00 pacific, whisper me if your interested!

Bring your skirts and high pitched voices, all are welcome!

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Thinking of transferring to a lower tier server outa tier 1. Could anyone possibly PM me about some of the main guilds on DR, how the community is, TS, organization, and open field fights?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

Hi Dunnberry,
We would love for you to join the DR family. There are a ton of organized wvw guilds on DR. I would look into TBT, HoD, DmD, BRL, RED, Zs, Kyro, DwS, SA. All are great guilds, and all of us guilds work together. That’s the great thing about DR, as a community we prioritize having fun, honestly there is no server drama here, everyone on DR is supportive and committed to the success of the server. We have a strong WvW participation because of server events to keep people involved.

Here are the guild leaders: (taken from Svid’s post) you can message any of them for more info on the server or their perspective guilds

Silent Rapture – HoD (NA)
El Cid – TBT (NA)
Svidangy – RED (NA)
Molen Labe – BRL (NA)
Gilfirkin – DmD (OCX)
Zerconidas – Zs (SEA)

And here’s a raid video from our guild TBT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuo3od6-iIs
You can message me ingame if you’d like more info on TBT.

Hope to see you on DR!

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

dunnberry.2964

Is DDLG still on DR?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

No, not that I know of.

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Posted by: ThaElectroGypsy.5021

ThaElectroGypsy.5021

@dunnberry
DDLG left us with our mass exodus last year (w/ a few other guilds) which dropped us into rank 24. Was a hell of a time coming back, but here we are.

The community here is great, we fought our way out of the tar pit of T8, and it’s created a community that anyone would be proud to be a part of. Every guild here works together closely and having fun is still the priority here. Drunken Ranger zergs, Ladies Night, Server Wide Raffles, it’s all being done!

Plus, the baddest kitten twitter around! So legit, no one even runs it, it just spews what it wants, when it wants.

Come one, come all! Devona may rest, but she never sleeps!

PS. As far as open field fights are concerned, there’s always brawls here, especially with all the quality time we spend with GoM and FC. If zergbusting till they run on sight is your thing, come on down and talk any of our commanders, they can supply you with our TS info for a meeting, and you can talk to as many of them as you’d like! (providing they’re online, of course =3)

Commander-type Person
[HoD] Hands of Divinity
Devona’s Rest – Cuz server xfers are stupid

in Looking for...

Sergie.7865

@dunnberry,

Left ya a PM. Lets talk:)

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

El Cid – TBT (NA)

y u no spel nam rite?

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

dunnberry.2964

Also don’t know if any of you have it..but on an older DR recruiting post probably about a year ago was the greatest recruiting video for any server ever. If you guys could find it, it’s hilarious!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Firkin.9123

Firkin.9123

Guys DmD has been here for going on 10 weeks now and DR has continued to impress us. If you want to check out what DR is about then PM any of the DR people who have posted (or me) and they will tell you why it is such a good place to be. Other than that feel free to hang out with us on ladies night (this sat NA time) and see why us and others are so happy to be here.

Gilfirkin- Night Crew Commander/ Guild Leader [BoM]/[DmD]
’Waypoints? What waypoints?"
http://brotherwood.enjin.com

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

DmD is just one of the many awesome guilds that have moved to DR and are loving it. TBT moved to DR not too long ago, and just like DmD, we are having a great time. DR is a friendly and welcoming environment for guilds/ players looking for a new home. Because we prioritize fun, drama is non-existent. Come check out what many guilds like DmD and TBT have been experiencing!

btw Welcome DwS, Evil, mTa, and IoM to DR!

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

BHo.6234

Welcome [IOM] to the DR family. Glad to have you aboard!! All you guilds out there not happy with your server should come talk to us on our TS. We are ever growing and keeping the community strong. You’ll see why DR is the home your looking for.

Message me in game for a meeting in TS.

Pata Vormund
SoS