Precursors selling for 65 Gold on TP!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Might and Magic actually cost about the same as a Precursor, but you at least have progress shown on your way there.

Right. Everything else you can work toward incrementally, but the precursor is this massive, moving! hurdle. And I’m just not sure I earn quickly enough, consistently enough, to clear it.

EDIT: And I think that’s where a lot of people’s despair/complaints stem from.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Just to the original point of the post, I have bought five precursors and the most I have paid was 180 gold for The Energizer about a year ago. I bought the two underwater weapons for guardian, the focus and torch all for 120 or less. The Bard has since jumped in price but you can put in a buy order for less than 200.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rainshine.5493

Just to the original point of the post, I have bought five precursors and the most I have paid was 180 gold for The Energizer about a year ago. I bought the two underwater weapons for guardian, the focus and torch all for 120 or less. The Bard has since jumped in price but you can put in a buy order for less than 200.

Thing is, I don’t want a legendary just to have a legendary … I want something I like the looks of. Now if you like those, awesome! I use weapons that are less desired because I like the way they look (again, pearl staff example, I think it’s lovely). But there is absolutely no way I’m putting in the money and effort for the Gift of Might/Magic etc. for something I don’t like — and those legendaries you named I don’t care for personally.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Thing is, I don’t want a legendary just to have a legendary … I want something I like the looks of. Now if you like those, awesome! I use weapons that are less desired because I like the way they look (again, pearl staff example, I think it’s lovely). But there is absolutely no way I’m putting in the money and effort for the Gift of Might/Magic etc. for something I don’t like — and those legendaries you named I don’t care for personally.

I think part of the point of the original post is that the problem is not with the price of precursors in general, but with a few specific precursors. People complaining should be saying not “precursors are too expensive!”, but “the precursor I want is too expensive.” Which they never do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

So should I make a new thread called the precursor I want is too expensive.

I fail to understand the point of this discussion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rainshine.5493

I think part of the point of the original post is that the problem is not with the price of precursors in general, but with a few specific precursors. People complaining should be saying not “precursors are too expensive!”, but “the precursor I want is too expensive.” Which they never do.

I think the point of the original post was to be pedantic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I wasn’t around for the April patch … wardrobes? … and don’t understand how that affected prices.

With the wardrobe you can craft one and use it on all. So that the “effectiveness” of the skin increased enormously. Also, they are now accountbound instead of soulbound. I think a lot of people finally decided to go for one that previously couldn’t decide whom to give it to.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The whole point to this is that there’s nothing wrong with current Precursor prices. All Precursors have the same drop rate as other Precursors. One you can buy for 90 Gold, the other you can buy for 1,500 Gold. All the complaints about Anet not “fixing” the market come from people who don’t understand the market.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

The whole point to this is that there’s nothing wrong with current Precursor prices. All Precursors have the same drop rate as other Precursors. One you can buy for 90 Gold, the other you can buy for 1,500 Gold. All the complaints about Anet not “fixing” the market come from people who don’t understand the market.

I call bs. Pretty sure everyone that has had any interaction with you on the forums knows the reason behind this thread. I am quite surprised it is still open considering the forum rules claim it isn’t allowed.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I call bs. Pretty sure everyone that has had any interaction with you on the forums knows the reason behind this thread. I am quite surprised it is still open considering the forum rules claim it isn’t allowed.

I call bs. What exactly has Smooth Penguin done here that is against TOS? He is defending the precursor market with examples to back up what he said.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

I call bs. What exactly has Smooth Penguin done here that is against TOS? He is defending the precursor market with examples to back up what he said.

Think Essence is calling BS because he thinks Smooth has those Pres hoarded up and wants to manipulate the market so the prices spike and he can sell for $$$.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

It was a thread made for the sole purpose of riling up others.

Do not submit “trolling” posts or threads. We define “trolling” as commenting in a manner intended to elicit overly strong negative and emotional responses for mere shock value, attempting to derail threads, persistently posting off-topic, or engaging in personal attacks on another forum member. Accounts made with the sole intent to “troll” will be terminated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

eithinan.9841

No this is a thread that was to prove with evidence that the general statement of “Precursors are overpriced” was incorrect, which it is. Smooth Penguin is correct. Precursors prices are an effect of supply/demand. Who are these people who got “riled up”? The people who are wrongly stating that “precursor prices are too high”?

I dont get angry or “riled up” when I find out I am wrong about something, I learn from it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s the same scenario with rare and exotic drops, but you only see greatswords (one of the highest demand weapons) being about 40 more silver in the case of rares and something like 3 gold more in the case of exotics (on average) – compared to other weapon types.

But you don’t see people complaining about the rares and exotics because the gap is completely manageable. Anyone with a working brain can see that when it comes to precursors, the gap created from rarity and difference in demand is completely absurd. It is Anet’s responsibility to make this gap more reasonable by giving players a reliable way to obtain the specific precursor that they’re looking for (other than buying off the TP).

Or words to that effect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

No this is a thread that was to prove with evidence that the general statement of “Precursors are overpriced” was incorrect, which it is. Smooth Penguin is correct. Precursors prices are an effect of supply/demand. Who are these people who got “riled up”? The people who are wrongly stating that “precursor prices are too high”?

I dont get angry or “riled up” when I find out I am wrong about something, I learn from it.

In all fairness a junk precursor 99.99% of the people dont’ want being 90 gold is actually over priced.

That being said if legendary is easy to get it is no longer prestigious.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anyone with a working brain can see that when it comes to precursors, the gap created from rarity and difference in demand is completely absurd.

TIL I don’t have a working brain. (Yes, I’m joking, but perhaps the above poster can tune down the incendiary rhetoric and still make their point.)

More seriously: I see this completely differently: a notable subset of players believe that acquisition of a legendary should be just like acquiring an equivalent ascended, with a bit more effort. However, ANet set thing up so that only a tiny portion of players could forge a legendary. As another poster suggested, perhaps people who think precursors should be more common should reconsider their goals and look for other things within their means.

The only two fixes are: make high-demand precursors so much more common that just about anyone can afford them (thus devaluing their already-tarnished status as a “legendary”) or creating new sets of high-prestige items, to which people will turn their efforts (thus decreasing demand).

Neither of those things is trivial to setup.

We do see hints that ANet is working in both directions:

1. The acquisition of Mawdrey could be a test for a precursor hunt: it’s long, expensive, and yet within the means of anyone willing to put in the effort.
  2. The introduction of PvP-only armor and PvP-expert-only items suggests that ANet is offering more opportunities to show status.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rainshine.5493

The only two fixes are: make high-demand precursors so much more common that just about anyone can afford them (thus devaluing their already-tarnished status as a “legendary”) or creating new sets of high-prestige items, to which people will turn their efforts (thus decreasing demand).

With more precursors available, wouldn’t T6 mat prices go up (more people feel a legendary is within reach) which could theoretically preserve the “prestige” factor.

… Though in a game where you can outright buy one with real money, I’m finding it difficult to see the bragging rights.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

if you mystic forged 4 precursors would you be guaranteed another precursor? because if so you could spend 400ish gold for a chance at one of the 1k gold precursors

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Anyone with a working brain can see that when it comes to precursors, the gap created from rarity and difference in demand is completely absurd.

TIL I don’t have a working brain. (Yes, I’m joking, but perhaps the above poster can tune down the incendiary rhetoric and still make their point.)

Yes, I could have put it more kindly. But in context, I’m responding to someone who is generalizing an entire group of people and saying that they don’t understand the market, so I felt a little aggressiveness was warranted.

Obviously not everyone is going to be aware of precursor prices and they are not stupid if they don’t see it. But a quick glance at the difference between Dawn selling for 1.1k gold and Rodgort’s selling for a little over 100 gold is a monster-sized difference in price.

And it’s entirely driven by demand.

I think one of the simpler ideas they could play around with (as a sort of “here’s something to ease the pain”) would be to make the weapon type that is returned to you only be random if you are mixing 1 or more different weapons out of your 4. So if you put 4 greatswords in, you would get back a guaranteed greatsword, for example.

My instinct is that this would alleviate some of the frustration of finding the precursor you desire and bring down the sell prices a bit for the high demand precursors. The only downside I can see at the moment is that you might see a distinct lack of less-desired precursors for sale at all.

Or words to that effect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

ya but, you are talking something about elementary economics.

you meant to tell me Anet have no idea about “human psychology” and “market research” that an item like Dusk is going to be really really expensive? (compare to torch legendary)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

So you support threads that proclaim inaccurate statements like “The precursors market is overpriced”, and then go on to attack my thread that proves those statements otherwise? The reason why threads get closed is because people go off topic, much like what you’re doing, which is against the forum rules.

You agree to the following guidelines, which will help cultivate a user-friendly environment in the Guild Wars 2 Forums:

• Stay on topic and create a new post for tangentially related topics.
  • Avoid frivolous and duplicate postings.
  • Be respectful. Be pleasant to forum members, staff members, and moderators.
  • Do not engage in personal attacks against forum members or in character assassination. Posts that attack another member, that single out a player for ridicule, or that accuse someone of inappropriate in-game actions will be removed without notice. In-game violations should be reported directly to our Support Team. If you believe that using the support system did not result in a sufficient or timely response, you may post your concern in the Support section of the forums.

Back on topic. John manages the economy quite well. Supply of high end luxury items like Precursors are meant to be ultra rare. But remember one thing: Players themselves are the ones who dictate prices. If something seems to be overpriced, it’s because there are enough players willing to pay those prices. That’s how a market works. Once players aren’t willing to pay the prices, you’ll see prices naturally drop to levels that’s acceptable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

So you support threads that proclaim inaccurate statements like “The precursors market is overpriced”, and then go on to attack my thread that proves those statements otherwise? The reason why threads get closed is because people go off topic, much like what you’re doing, which is against the forum rules.

Back on topic. John manages the economy quite well. Supply of high end luxury items like Precursors are meant to be ultra rare. But remember one thing: Players themselves are the ones who dictate prices. If something seems to be overpriced, it’s because there are enough players willing to pay those prices. That’s how a market works. Once players aren’t willing to pay the prices, you’ll see prices naturally drop to levels that’s acceptable.

I may not agree with them, but I don’t really have issue with threads created out of a posters actual concern of the game. I do however find threads like this one created out of ill will of/to others with to be rather off putting. I’ve said my piece so I’ll leave it off here. edit: just saw your new thread…absolutely no issue with it

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

in Black Lion Trading Co

eithinan.9841

You are not familiar with the OP then. They have a history of making posts for that purpose and this one falls right in line with them. Please read their post history if you’d like to see for yourself.

I have read Smooth Penguin’s posts in the past and while I may not agree with everything he says all the time. I do agree here and am supporting his statement that the precursor market and the disparity between prices is entirely driven by demand.

But really, Legendaries are simply skins that do not have any impact on game play so it is a luxury item in the purest sense.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But really, Legendaries are simply skins that do not have any impact on game play so it is a luxury item in the purest sense.

Well skins with the ability to dial in stats on the fly.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Its the materials that you use when making a legendary that make it expensive. No one is willing to waste 1k gold on other stuff for a bad legendary.

What are you talking about mate? Legendary weapons are the top tier luxury items in this game. I just offered proof that Precursors are highly affordable to nearly anyone, including new players.

this precursors you posted are nothing worth cause they are useless

I beg to differ. Rodgort’s is an awesome looking Legendary. The animations are top notch. The torch head almost looks alive. And if they were so useless, then why would someone have purchased my Rodgort’s Flame listing from the TP?

Hey dude listing the most underwhelming examples you call this proof ? what about dawn / dusk / spark only to name a few all listed for over 1k ? The game’s economy is in shambles and no scavange hunt in sight try again harder next time. 1/10

play hard , go pro.

(edited by offence.4726)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Might and Magic actually cost about the same as a Precursor, but you at least have progress shown on your way there.

Right. Everything else you can work toward incrementally, but the precursor is this massive, moving! hurdle. And I’m just not sure I earn quickly enough, consistently enough, to clear it.

EDIT: And I think that’s where a lot of people’s despair/complaints stem from.

The goal moves backwards as well as forwards. The lowest sell price could be 1000g this week and 900g the next. If you have 800g put in a buy order and wait, and keep saving money. When you have another 100g you could update the buy order, or you may even be able to buy the precursor outright.

The issue is not the price of the item, it’s the impatience of the individual. You don’t need it right now you can still create a Legendary weapon a week, a month, a year from now. You don’t need to match a sell order’s asking price, you can put in a bid for whatever you can afford and raise it as you get more money.

The entire complaint boils down to “I want a precursor right now and Anet should give it to me at whatever price I want to pay.” That’s just not how it works. You are competing against other players to buy it from the TP, and if those players are more dedicated than you, if they are more patient than you, or if they have better luck than you they have an advantage.

Work smarter to get what you want, don’t just throw a tantrum and expect someone to hand it to you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

Well skins with the ability to dial in stats on the fly.

And the potential for a “free upgrade” at some point in the future, when hardcore players don’t have anything to work for.

Neither of which justify the extreme expense and work that goes into obtaining a Legendary. It’s like saying you want a Rolls Royce because they have extra cup holders.

Unless you want a Legendary weapon and don’t have it, issues related to them are of secondary importance, at least. Certainly not something that is front and center in Anet’s priorities. Most people who want them do so out of a (probably mistaken) belief that they indicate one is an elite player, a cut above the average toon in the game. Myself, I haven’t been impressed by them since the first month or two I played the game, and I started a couple of weeks after launch.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rainshine.5493

-snip-

The entire complaint boils down to “I want a precursor right now and Anet should give it to me at whatever price I want to pay.”

-snip-

Work smarter to get what you want, don’t just throw a tantrum and expect someone to hand it to you.

If that’s what you got out of my comments you might wanna try rereading.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

It’s not any one poster, this same song has been playing since shortly after launch. Probably since they closed the karma loophole that let some players buy thousands of rares for a fraction of their real price, which gave them cheap forge fodder for precursors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Does it make sense (i.e. is it fun?) that a player’s progress towards that goal can be blocked or even erased because timmy plays 8 hours a day or has mom’s credit card?

Is that how you think it works? When Timmy logs in to play or uses mom’s credit card the game removes the gold from your inventory?

Or is your position that people who acquire gold faster than you are able to buy things faster than you is somehow a problem that requires fixing?

Understanding fail.

My point was that the gap never closes. You farmed 500g since the beginning of May. You started 1000g away from buying your pre. Meanwhile, timmy and his buddies have ground out 1500g and bid up the prices. You are still 1000g away from getting there = you made no progress.

^ Cleary not following the math which proves otherwise.

0g of 1000g = 0% on the way to said Precursor.
500g of 1500g = 33% on the way to said Precursor.

Clear and very well defined progress.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Does it make sense (i.e. is it fun?) that a player’s progress towards that goal can be blocked or even erased because timmy plays 8 hours a day or has mom’s credit card?

Is that how you think it works? When Timmy logs in to play or uses mom’s credit card the game removes the gold from your inventory?

Or is your position that people who acquire gold faster than you are able to buy things faster than you is somehow a problem that requires fixing?

Understanding fail.

My point was that the gap never closes. You farmed 500g since the beginning of May. You started 1000g away from buying your pre. Meanwhile, timmy and his buddies have ground out 1500g and bid up the prices. You are still 1000g away from getting there = you made no progress.

Conversation was in absolute terms.

At what point does progress equal 100% under the assumed scenario using your method?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

Understanding fail.

At what point does progress equal 100% under the assumed scenario using your method?

Did you actually ask that? Of course you did.

Progress = 100% when you have the Precursor in your inventory.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Black Lion Trading Co

thehipone.6812

Understanding fail.

Wrong. In the relative % terms that you tried to troll with, under the scenario that we were talking about (you farm 500g over 6 months but the price increases by the same amount) you are always 1000g away and it never reaches 100% using your relative measurement.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The issue is not the price of the item, it’s the impatience of the individual. You don’t need it right now you can still create a Legendary weapon a week, a month, a year from now. You don’t need to match a sell order’s asking price, you can put in a bid for whatever you can afford and raise it as you get more money.

This pretty much sums up the “precursor dilemma”. The reason why precursors are out of reach of many players is because many other players are willing to shell out the money for them. The price won’t be set unless there’s not enough supply to lower it (see: old items that aren’t available anymore) or people are willing to meet the price causing the item to not drop in price (significantly).

-snipped-

Wrong. In the relative % terms that you tried to troll with, under the scenario that we were talking about (you farm 500g over 6 months but the price increases by the same amount) you are always 1000g away and it never reaches 100% using your relative measurement.

Isn’t this one of those old mathematical series that wasn’t solve-able because they didn’t use the number 0 in their equation to find the point where they reach each other? I mean, sure, if you’re a casual player who can only make 3g/day, then yeah, you’re not going to beat the +500g/6 months trend.

Most people I know can make more than 3g/day, though, and it’s do-able in many different ways.

Crafting Profits
T7 Mats
Dry Tops Backpack Ingredients

Gathering Profits
T6 Mat Runs
Foxfire Runs
Ghost Pepper Runs (yes, the price is now relevant)
Low level seedling Runs
T7 ingredient wood runs

Grinding Profits
Karka Shell farm
Dungeons
Fractals

So unless you’re unwilling to play the game, you’re going to be on the track for a precursor. If you don’t see the 3g filling up your inventory every day, it could be that you’re not dedicating enough time to obtain your “necessary” precursor. Either that, or you aren’t liquidating items you’ve earned/obtained.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ashadow.6874

Understanding fail.

You ignore your own invalid assumptions.

Invalid assumptions:

Assuming the impossible 500g increase per month. (Impossible because that would be 10g at Launch at least. Compounded 500g per 6 month time frame.) Precursors would all be nearing 2,010g a piece right now.

Looking at the correct prices of the most expensive Precursors (roughly 1400g let’s say it is 1500g.) Adjusting for 2 year lifespan of price. Would indicate an amount of 375g per 6 months.

Adjusted price of: 375g (assuming 1500g current max price of Precursors over almost 2 years/4 sets of 6 months)

If you can only farm about 500g in 6 months as you say. (Fairly easy. Considering I do no less than 5g/hour and closer to 10g/daily over the course of a month.)

You would be farming roughly: 2.7g per day

500g 6/months – 375g 6/months (price raise 6 months) = 125g profit each 6 months closer to Precursor.

I, on average doing the not-inhuman task of: 10g/day

1820g 6/months – 375g 6/months (price raise 6 months) = 1445g profit each 6 months closer to Precursor.

Your invalid assumption is that 2.7g per day is a valid amount.

No one I know who runs at least 2 AC paths/1 CoF path makes less than 4.15g a day from the end Dungeon Reward. (Most make upwards of 5-6g/day from these at the very minimum.)

Factoring no play during Weekdays at all.

It would take you roughly: (2 days of) 2 AC/1 CoF/1 TA/2 SE/1 HotW/1-2 CoE paths to make the same amount you would earn from around 1 hour per day of Dungeons.

All of which would earn you at minimum (as I said) 28g/week. (Or 672g/6 months.)

None of this is counting ANY drops, including all the T6 mats, Rares (ectos from rare/straight sell on TP), random Exotics, Dungeon Tokens. Or anything else obtained from doing such.

Using said method:

672g 6/months – 375g 6/months (price raise 6 months) = 297g profit closer each month to Precursor

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

(edited by Ashadow.6874)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you can manage to farm 10 Gold per day, you’ll be able to afford a Precursor in a little over a week.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

I did put in a buy order for Rodgorts but then cancelled it after having a look at the cost of crafting the legendary which is at least 1500g

http://www.gw2legendary.com/

If I’m going to have to spend over a thousand gold on the legendary I figured I may as well get one I can use regularly, which is “only” a “few” hundred more. 90g is probably good for an investment to flip when the price goes higher, though not so sure about deciding to actually make the legendary, though that’s just me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Crafting a legendary should be a long term task not something that should be done in a short time frame. I, in an amazing blaze of luck, got the one precursor for a legendary that I actually wanted (Bolt). It then took me the better part of a year to complete it, simply because out of choice, I didn’t bend all of my time and effort to making it. It boiled down to “hmm today I might do some fractals, some dungeons, some wvw, ooh look I have some resources I can put towards my legendary.” At the end of the day, when I count up all the time I actually spent on working towards the legendary, it would probably add up to a month and a bit.

I completely understood OP’s point about the cost of precursors but also wanted to make the point that there are reasons for such a massive price disparity. If I drop another precursor, I’m going to be laughing all the way to the bank

in Black Lion Trading Co

thehipone.6812

You ignore your own invalid assumptions.

Invalid assumptions:

Assuming the impossible 500g increase per month. (Impossible because that would be 10g at Launch at least. Compounded 500g per 6 month time frame.) Precursors would all be nearing 2,010g a piece right now.

Looking at the correct prices of the most expensive Precursors (roughly 1400g let’s say it is 1500g.) Adjusting for 2 year lifespan of price. Would indicate an amount of 375g per 6 months.

Re: Increase rate – 500g per 6 months is approximately the rate of increase since the implementation of wardrobe, which is the time period that we were speaking about. For much of the life of the game prior to this prices were relatively flat it was a goal that could be achieved at a measured pace.

Re: Earnings -I would wager a substantial sum that the median player earnings are far closer to 2 gold/day than 10 gold/day. You are free to assume a different number, but it does not make mine “invalid”. If you read around this and other forums you will find examples describing the exact situation that I was illustrating, i.e. the price moves up faster than the player earns gold.

I see you edited out the part of your reply where you made the usual (wrong) assumptions and accusations about me that, because I feel that the current system is sub-optimal, I:
-Don’t do dungeons (I do)
-Don’t know how to make gold or earn gold fairly quickly
-Am not willing to put in the time and haven’t made a leg (have 3 and have dawn in the bank for 4th)
-Can do all of these things and still hold the opinion that the status quo can, does and will negatively impact the entertainment factor and longevity of the game

Regardless, the whole precursor debate is no longer productive. The interview news yesterday indicates that crafting/scavenger hunt is effectively dead. I think I’ll spend my free internet time on my woodworking hobby and not gaming forums anymore. I’ll probably end up enjoying the game more.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

This. It is pretty obvious penguin is trolling, in his ‘special’ way. Hey guys!!!!! Trolling you now!!!! So obvious!!!!!

He even bumps his thread with troll posts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

dietzero.3514

Also ashadow, you are completely wrong.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ve been busy and haven’t been able to address the latest posts. Basically the people who claim I’m trolling are the same people who refuse to understand that Precursors are affordable right now. If I can go and buy a Precursor for under 100 Gold, that means even a brand new player to the game could afford one within a few weeks of playing.

John Smith watches the economy like a hawk. Right now, everything is working as intended. The sooner players learn how the economy works, the sooner these false rumors that Precursors are overpriced will go away.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Essence Snow.3194

This. It is pretty obvious penguin is trolling, in his ‘special’ way. Hey guys!!!!! Trolling you now!!!! So obvious!!!!!

He even bumps his thread with troll posts.

Speak of the devil….lol

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Well, it’s basically the same point. The players that want change understand that they aren’t likely to just tweak one or two Pres, whatever change is made will likely effect all Pres evenly, so yeah, if they create a system in which you can get Dawn for some equivalent of ~200g or less, then these “bargain bin” Pres would likely end up at ~20g or less, which is great for people that kind of want one but don’t care enough to spend a fortune.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If you can manage to farm 10 Gold per day, you’ll be able to afford a Precursor in a little over a week.

Only if it’s one of the 90 gold ones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

dietzero.3514

Please do not feed him.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Are the 90 gold ones not precursors?

The point may be pedantic, but it is used to illustrate a larger point. If you want to have a rare item that everyone else wants, you have to offer more money than they do. You can easily get a rare item right now if you opt for a rare item that is less popular.

This is probably the only situation where it is OK to be a hipster.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

eithinan.9841

You can easily get a rare item right now if you opt for a rare item that is less popular.

This is probably the only situation where it is OK to be a hipster.

I’m not a hipster but I got the harpoon gun precursor a long time ago and thought about making the legendary just to be all “yeh I have one but dont need to show it off…”

/skulks to a corner and lights up a cigarette with a 1000 mile stare..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

So, all I get from this thread is thehipone not understanding mathematics and markets. Heck, right now precursors are dipping in price slightly. Additionally, as proven multiple times, if you have the will, there is definitely a way that does not involve killing yourself over it.

I listed out multiple ways that will let you afford a Precursors while doing anything in the game other than sitting around AFK.

Heck, even doing sPvP you can buy a Precursor, it will just take a lot of effort to get enough money (probably around 4-8 hours of sPvP to make the “required” daily quota).

in Black Lion Trading Co

dietzero.3514

Thehopone was correct. Ashadow was the incorrect one.