Zodiac Armors Feeback

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brando.5981

Brando.5981

I personally love the zodiac armors! I enjoy the smokiness snd emotionless face and blue tint. Makes me feel like my character is god-like to me. The things I would change personally would be to make the armors less revealing even if there is a blue skin effect. I’m quite alright with the blue skin, but reading the comments I think it would be awesome to dye the skin!
Ultimately, these armors are exactly the change I was hoping for and a step in the right direction towards future sets.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

in other news…..

all i want is the ability to dye the blue area, i really want the medium version for my engineer (she is a futuristic character coming from 700 years in the future) but i do want to change the zodiac color.

oh and one question, is this armor skin a permanent item or yet another limited edition?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

oh and one question, is this armor skin a permanent item or yet another limited edition?

As its not directly linked to current events, it’s probably permanent.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

This thread has shown me one thing though: there are some people who are seriously uptight about nudity. I think maybe it’s a cultural thing? In ancient times, there were many peoples of the world who wore little to no clothing. It wasn’t until we all became “enlightened” and “educated” did we learn that your body was something to be embarrassed about. The body is a beautiful machine, people.

Are you telling me that you, and the others with your mindset (that we are all prudes for not liking how this was done) would accept to have equal amount of skin showed for males just like this image shows?
‘cause I’m sure there would be the biggest uproar if it was to happen. The problem is not nudity, it’s the objectification of the woman body. A male bared naked chest does not have the same connotations… a woman can be arrested for being topless at the beach, per example.

Anyway that is not even the issue we are bringing up. Why do you guys keep calling us prudes when we say “we don’t care if it’s skimpy… it just isn’t logical or anatomically correct!” Wow, so hard to grasp… -.-

Attachments:

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

This thread has shown me one thing though: there are some people who are seriously uptight about nudity. I think maybe it’s a cultural thing? In ancient times, there were many peoples of the world who wore little to no clothing. It wasn’t until we all became “enlightened” and “educated” did we learn that your body was something to be embarrassed about. The body is a beautiful machine, people.

Are you telling me that you, and the others with your mindset (that we are all prudes for not liking how this was done) would accept to have equal amount of skin showed for males just like this image shows?
‘cause I’m sure there would be the biggest uproar if it was to happen. The problem is not nudity, it’s the objectification of the woman body. A male bared naked chest does not have the same connotations… a woman can be arrested for being topless at the beach, per example.

Anyway that is not even the issue we are bringing up. Why do you guys keep calling us prudes when we say “we don’t care if it’s skimpy… it just isn’t logical or anatomically correct!” Wow, so hard to grasp… -.-

As a hetrosexual male I can honestly say that if those costumes appeared as armour for male characters in the gem shop I would buy them

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Not to be combative or anything but the minute you bring objectification or sexism or anything like that into the equation Anet starts deleting posts. It’s best to talk about it from a design point of view, rather than saying “I am offended by it because it objectifies my body.”

Even if it does objectify your body.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

It’s all about choice. If you don’t want to dress skimpy, then don’t. If you do, than by all means go for it. I wish people would stop trying to dictate what’s acceptable for everyone because they themselves are conservative. There have been a couple of armor skin releases that are not very skimpy, and some that have been…What’s the big deal?

When it comes to the Zodiac Armor specifically, I think the blue skin thing is intended to be magic armor or something, and not actual skin. It’s more statue-esque in nature, it’s art. Let it be beyond allowing us to customize it better to suit our characters

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Well, the Zodiac armors all look good to me.
Are they practical from a real life standpoint?
No.
But, I don’t play this game, or any others for that matter, for realism.
Also, on the topic of making the blue part of the armor color changeable…
Eh, I am neutral on the idea.
More options for coloring are good, I guess. But they certainly aren’t necessary for me to enjoy the armor.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

How does one determine what is logical and anatomically correct in a fantasy game? o.O Maybe I should be upset, no NERDRAGED, because male Charr don’t have eight nipples?

Suppose we can just agree to disagree?

At any rate, love the new skins Anet. Would love to see lots more AND some sort of locker/wardrobe/etc. like GW1 had where we can stop by any time and pick these up for any of our characters once we’ve “unlocked” (paid for) them.

(edited by Shademehr.1397)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

man, how i’d love to dye those blue areas!! just imagine the possibilities, it could be like a twilight armor… i dont know, the only think i want is to dye it purple to fit my mesmer

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

How does one determine what is logical and anatomically correct in a fantasy game? o.O Maybe I should be upset, no NERDRAGED, because male Charr don’t have eight nipples?

Suppose we can just agree to disagree?

At any rate, love the new skins Anet. Would love to see lots more AND some sort of locker/wardrobe/etc. like GW1 had where we can stop by any time and pick these up for any of our characters once we’ve “unlocked” (paid for) them.

There are humans IRL. There aren’t any charrs. To know what is anatomically correct for a human, look in the mirror. -_- seriously this logic.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

How come people no longer complain about Phalanx female armor?
You can search the forum, some of the people claimed it to be extremely inappropriate and too revealing.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You can search the forum, some of the people claimed it to be extremely inappropriate and too revealing.

Because the observation that that was mere child’s play when it comes to being revealing have now been amply demonstrated to be true by the next outrage-of-the-moment .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I just don’t want the armor to be dye-able (people would go skin-tone) or the blue to be able to be switched off because then, ArenaNet would be going further than Tera with skimpiness… we don’t want that do we? :P

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yorgie B.5618

Yorgie B.5618

Great Job ArenaNet!

I’m a fan of the Zodiac Armor. I wasn’t sure which armor set to use on my second Guardian and the Zodiac Armor was released at the perfect time. I think it looks awesome and is an interesting tie into the Canthan lore from Guild Wars: Factions.

Attachments:

AMD FX-8350+Sapphire R9-290
Guild Wars Community member since 2005

(edited by Yorgie B.5618)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I just don’t want the armor to be dye-able (people would go skin-tone) or the blue to be able to be switched off because then, ArenaNet would be going further than Tera with skimpiness… we don’t want that do we? :P

so they would go skin tone, but remember that it has this aura and the astral effect, so it will NOT look like skin, if you play a bit with photoshop you can get an idea, besides, the female armor would probably not cover the “tip” if you apply it to real life, so it would look weird…

besides, we can’t rule our lifes thinking on how someone might “missuse” something, the world would be extremely boring that way

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

The issue with Phalanx armor was very very different from this one. Phalanx wasn’t too revealing, the problem was that female Phalanx looked like a completely different armor set from the male version. Where as the male version was plated up like a Space Marine Terminator, the female version had revealed cleavage, thigh high 3-inch heeled boots, and overall a dramatically different design aesthetic – and seemingly just “because it’s for a woman ergo must have cleavage”.

From a progressive standpoint Zodiac actually is a very large improvement – both genders are revealing, and they both seem to be pretty thematically and design linked in a clear way. The problem is that the female version still takes it a step too far.

Also, just because people stop talking about it doesn’t mean it isn’t still an issue. For my own part I let that thread lie in peace because I had said everything I could about it and it was time to retire. But don’t mistake my silence for acquiescence.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

It’s not even painted skin. It’s a sculpted material that covers the vast majority of the character’s actual flesh, just like that Batman and Robin armor I posted.

Also, why is it, that in every picture you’ve posted claiming that this armor shows nipples, the character only has ONE?

You are literally making things up and completely ignoring evidence to the contrary. It’s not sculpted anything. The armor turns your character’s skin blue. I posted the proof in image form, you can see where I overlapped two screenshots of the same character with and without it. There is no change in physical proportions to prove your claim that it’s something added over top of the character’s body. At all.

As far as the multiplication of nipples is concerned, I see two. Have you even looked at it in game? It’s pretty obvious there too.

Manipulated screenshots =/= proof. I’ve been toying with my camera on my Mesmer, trying to figure out what you’re allegedly seeing and still can’t make them show up. I managed to get ONE of those white swirls in the armor to line up “correctly” and look like your screenshot, but that’s not a nipple.

It’s called selective perception.

Here’s the raw screenshot, just to put any more fears to rest over me faking it. Save it, zoom in on your own.

As a woman and with lots of medical knowledge, I can say : Nipples are not that high, even on surgically doctored chests (Unless there is some serious misplacement or serious issue as to why they can not be placed back into their normal location.)

I’m sorry, you are just reaching with these statements and ‘proof’.

Ah! You’re a funny one.
As a woman with 36 UK H sized breasts on a petite body, I can tell you that boobs don’t have that shape in the first place. Breasts do not have a symmetrical circular shape and are not that high on the chest. Boobs cannot be supported by the small amount of cloth/metal/etc that is used and it’s placement.
You know what? It doesn’t change that they still have done it this way and people are putting down the ones who are critical about it as “prudes” when it is simply about human anatomy.
But hey, you’re surely gonna say “it’s fantasy, boobs are allowed to defy physics”… facepalm

I don’t believe you read what I said at all, did you? Nor looked at the photos posted that showed where everyone is saying they can see such things. Nipples would not be that high up on the breast, it’s just ridiculous. I said nothing more. Nothing about size, definition or anything. Simply put… one’s nipples, naturally wouldn’t be up over the top pectoral area. Nearly on your shoulder? Nooo. It’s just strange and clearly the appearance of these ‘nipples’ are simply shading issues that weren’t corrected.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

(edited by Moderator)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

Responses like that are way more likely to get the thread locked than anything else.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

bokkieskitten.8023

Responses like that are way more likely to get the thread locked than anything else.

Might do it some good, this is getting ridiculous. Not one Dev has come to show they are even bothering.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

That would be because that’s not the purpose of the thread. Danicia is collecting the feedback for delivery to the developers, they aren’t actually watching it. And anyway it’s not your call whether or not to sink this ship. If there is still meaningful discussion to be had it doesn’t matter what you think about it.

(edited by foofad.5162)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Danicia is obviously watching the thread, in order to gather up the feedback. I have little doubt that she’s mentioned the Flesh vs Armor discussion, if only to know the answer herself. The art devs could quite simply tell her the answer and let her post it, if they aren’t able to do so themselves.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

It’s not even painted skin. It’s a sculpted material that covers the vast majority of the character’s actual flesh, just like that Batman and Robin armor I posted.

Also, why is it, that in every picture you’ve posted claiming that this armor shows nipples, the character only has ONE?

You are literally making things up and completely ignoring evidence to the contrary. It’s not sculpted anything. The armor turns your character’s skin blue. I posted the proof in image form, you can see where I overlapped two screenshots of the same character with and without it. There is no change in physical proportions to prove your claim that it’s something added over top of the character’s body. At all.

As far as the multiplication of nipples is concerned, I see two. Have you even looked at it in game? It’s pretty obvious there too.

Manipulated screenshots =/= proof. I’ve been toying with my camera on my Mesmer, trying to figure out what you’re allegedly seeing and still can’t make them show up. I managed to get ONE of those white swirls in the armor to line up “correctly” and look like your screenshot, but that’s not a nipple.

Here’s the raw screenshot, just to put any more fears to rest over me faking it. Save it, zoom in on your own.

As a woman and with lots of medical knowledge, I can say : Nipples are not that high, even on surgically doctored chests (Unless there is some serious misplacement or serious issue as to why they can not be placed back into their normal location.)

Ah! You’re a funny one.
As a woman with 36 UK H sized breasts on a petite body, I can tell you that boobs don’t have that shape in the first place. Breasts do not have a symmetrical circular shape and are not that high on the chest. Boobs cannot be supported by the small amount of cloth/metal/etc that is used and it’s placement.
You know what? It doesn’t change that they still have done it this way and people are putting down the ones who are critical about it as “prudes” when it is simply about human anatomy.
But hey, you’re surely gonna say “it’s fantasy, boobs are allowed to defy physics”… facepalm

I don’t believe you read what I said at all, did you? Nor looked at the photos posted that showed where everyone is saying they can see such things. Nipples would not be that high up on the breast, it’s just ridiculous. I said nothing more. Nothing about size, definition or anything. Simply put… one’s nipples, naturally wouldn’t be up over the top pectoral area. Nearly on your shoulder? Nooo. It’s just strange and clearly the appearance of these ‘nipples’ are simply shading issues that weren’t corrected.

But hey, keep on keeping on and why not tell the boys the depth of your kitten-..l canal next time! Keep it classy!

Did you notice that, several of the people claiming to see “nipples” have also stated that they’ve had to do things such as turn off post-processing or otherwise limit their graphics in order for the “nipples” to show up?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

As soon as I get home I am making a gif of them so you’ll stop putting “nipples” in quotes. They aren’t UFOs.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

bokkieskitten.8023

Ah! You’re a funny one.

But hey, keep on keeping on and why not tell the boys the depth of your kitten-..l canal next time! Keep it classy!

Did you notice that, several of the people claiming to see “nipples” have also stated that they’ve had to do things such as turn off post-processing or otherwise limit their graphics in order for the “nipples” to show up?

As well as use model skins and such. Looking for those nips hard, aren’t they? Lol!
Perception is everything, isnt(I can’t put an ’ in there or it turns to kitten… what?) it? Oh man.. I’m going to need another cuppa to handle these complaints.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

The funniest part about it, is that back when there was a glitch with the original Flamekissed Armor, that caused your character to appear totally nude, their bodies were just smooth like Sims, with no sexual features.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

Model skins? What are you referring to?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

The funniest part about it, is that back when there was a glitch with the original Flamekissed Armor, that caused your character to appear totally nude, their bodies were just smooth like Sims, with no sexual features.

I’ve already explained that. The character texture contains none of that. Apparently the nipples are normal mapped in anyway but no one noticed because the skin tone obscured it. Likely what happened is that the models were originally textured with all physical aspects included, and then they were later removed for publishing. My guess is that the normal map wasn’t changed because it wasn’t obvious enough to warrant editing.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

bokkieskitten.8023

Exactly! Maybe they had mods that give their charts nippies like you can do for other pc games I hear. Hmm, it all makes sense now! Like little boys pulling Barbies clothes off to see boobies.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

I’m perfectly happy to keep having a discussion with you guys next time you have something to actually contribute.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello all,

We are still gathering feedback and this thread is being read. Please keep it on-topic to Guild Wars 2 and keep it friendly and respectful. You are welcome to debate and discuss, but let’s keep the debates from getting personal. Thank you.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

bokkieskitten.8023

Now that I know it’s being read by the devs…. I’ll add what has been annoying me after spending time around people using the armour….

Devs, honestly it triggers migraines for myself. Since my beloved, darling other half has bought it, I have to turn my brightness to the lowest setting or the eye sore that is his newly beloved armour sends me into a fit of migraine pains. If they could dye the blue, that would be great. Until then, I’m going to be sadly be playing on low low brightness to where it’s hard to see at times…or not playing.

There is an acute OCD tick as well, but I can see to ignore it. Things being set off center.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I still don’t get what are people so upset about the armor?
The fact that you can see the form of breasts?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

foofad.5162

Have you tried taking caffeine pills or Dramamine? It helps my friend who gets bad motion sickness from playing video games. I can’t remember which one she tried that worked the best but it helped her a lot.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inugami.1328

Inugami.1328

I still don’t get what are people so upset about the armor?
The fact that you can see the form of breasts?

On my part it would be the tail clipping issue on charr (We may be few, but we are passionate! Remember this.) ^^
And loads of ppl would like an additional set of this without the blue stuff.
Others would like to have the blue parts colorable.

That should be pretty much it, right?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have absolutely no issues with the appearance of this armor. We need far more choices in this game. At least these are clean, crisp, and bright artistically. If I would have a complaint, it would be over the new back piece. Seriously, more odd steam punk? Like there isn’t enough already???

More armor with more style choices are the way to go. We need far more choices in this game. I find myself shackled by the narrow themes in game. One look for my heavies, then 2 for medium and light. Though having new armor only in the gem store isn’t very nice. These are still cost prohibitive to those of us with alts. There’s no way I can afford to put this on 16 characters.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Personally, the Zodiac Armor isn’t to my taste (mainly due to the blue skin thing) but I do have to give props to the art team for stepping outside of their comfort zones in regards to silhouettes and skin coverage. Light Male armor that isn’t a coat or robes!? Medium armor that’s not a trench coat!!? Despite the blue skin, the Zodiac armor is certainly a breath of fresh air when so many of the other armor sets in the game start looking very much the same.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Torgal.8345

Torgal.8345

It looks quite good for my guard:

Attachments:

(edited by Torgal.8345)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

I like the new armor, the blue shimmer effect is awesome. Astral Skin of the Gods. I don’t personally care if people can color it, is the shimmer effect going to change with dye? I doubt it, wish it would though

Do people find the pictures of naked tribes women in Nation Geographic appalling? Have you contacted them to have the images fixed? What about Adam and Eve paintings?! I mean Eve had a fig leaf covering her mid-section and breasts were exposed?

This is a fantasy based game, armor in most fantasy settings doesn’t make sense.
Conan.
Red Sonja.
Most Artwork by Boris Vallejo.

I say good job.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mercenarynox.1695

mercenarynox.1695

Also if you want to make some money, add a light/medium/heavy armor skin of the thief starter hood. Seriously. I will buy ten.

Alternatively you could buy another character slot (if you’re full), one time 800 gems, then remake a thief 10 times transmuting the hood. Much cheaper!

I totally would if only I could then use it on light and heavy classes.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, after previewing it several times, I went ahead and bought it for my female Sylvari Mesmer and it’s beautiful.

The blue part to me makes the body look like glowing blue translucent glass. In game it looks nothing like a body suit or naked skin turned blue. I also saw no sign of those much debated nipples.

Good job ANet. Give your art people a raise. (2 thumbs up),

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

videoboy.4162

Hello all,

We are still gathering feedback and this thread is being read. Please keep it on-topic to Guild Wars 2 and keep it friendly and respectful. You are welcome to debate and discuss, but let’s keep the debates from getting personal. Thank you.

Danicia!

Now that we know you’re still here, will you please tell us whether or not the blue areas are supposed to be armor or flesh? Thank you!

Oh, and as for more feedback:

I think this armor is gorgeous as is and hope it remains in the game, unchanged.

However, I would also love it if the artists made a separate “reskin” of the non-Zodiac parts of the Light Armor, but with alterations to the chest (maybe something like the Human T3 Light Chest) and shoes without the curls. the non-Zodiac parts remind me of Oracles or Priestesses and that’s what I’ve wanted to dress my Elementalist in for many months now. =D

(edited by videoboy.4162)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

I see two issues with this armour:

- the inability to dye the blue
- being forced to have the helmet on, due to looks, which further kills individuality

Perhaps letting us dye the blue will fix both, though.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oricon.7145

Oricon.7145

Dear Anet,
About the zodiac armor…
1) Armor itself is very cool, much kudos but
2) Make the blue character skin dyeable or
3) Able to be toggled on or off

P.S. Or just take the blue skin out completely. Character individuality gets thrown out the window and this effect would have been better utilized as accented design throughout the armor.

IF it’s dye-able, people would use skin-color which would defeat their purpose of making it blue in the first place (so that they could get away with a more risque design – note the controversy). IF it were able to be turned off, they would need to remodel it entirely as it would be too risque and not teen-rated.

From what I can tell, even Tera covers where these armors don’t if the blue skin were taken off the armor…

If Tera wouldn’t do it, why should ArenaNet?

I don’t know why you brought up Tera, but some of their armors are in fact just as skimpy. With the Zodiac Armor I am just voicing a complaint that the blue skin limits character individuality. Keep it on the body if you can’t do it without remodeling, but at least TAKE IT OFF THE FACE

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

As a hetrosexual male I can honestly say that if those costumes appeared as armour for male characters in the gem shop I would buy them

It’s cool to hear that a straight guy would buy skimpy armor for male characters.

As a homosexual male, I can honestly say that if Lord Faren’s underwear was a leg skin in the gem store I would DEFINITELY buy it. Not just because I like the male physique, but because I want one of my in-game characters to look like Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen – and he likes to wear dark navy blue underwear.

Tbh, I think male characters get the short straw when it comes to skimpy armor. In most mmorpgs, females get the majority of skimpy armor, and maybe it’s because there are a lot of guys that like that on females, I wouldn’t know, but I just think if anet wants to give 1 gender a fair bit of skimpy armor, why not the other?

I think the only slightly skimpy armor male characters have been given is the feathered top (which shows a bit of abs and skin) and the zodiac top (same deal), but my only criticism for the feathered top for males would be the long sleeves. I HATE them. Why can’t we remove the sleeves so we can show what gloves we have on for example?

Furthermore, why aren’t there ANY skimpy legs for males? I remember a particular set of armor GW1 had for the thief that looked pretty skimpy. For me personally, I’d be happy with some underwear skin or even just a pair of sleek looking pants that can be dyed a fleshy colour – like the male version of the order of whisper’s legs and boots that the medium armor class has. Those legs and boots look so sleek and awesome, and they show off the curves of the butt and the calf muscles in the legs. Why can’t light armored classes get that?

I’d also love to see a blue flesh skin for humans (and all races for that matter), so that we too can look like the Navi from Avatar, and not just have sylvari have all the flesh colors in the world.

I did some photoshopping yesterday because I really wanted to imagine the possibility of Anet selling Lord Faren’s underwear skin in the gem store (it would be dyeable too :-D) as well as a blue flesh skin available for all races via the gemstore, and this is what I came up with. I hope it’s implemented one day. I REALLY want a Dr. Manhattan outfit :-(

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Since the other thread was closed, I’m gonna say it again here: I don’t like everybody having the exact same skin and face in this armor. In GW2 we have several races, a lot of different skin colors, beards, etc… and it’s a shame that it’s all hidden beneath the blue.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oricon.7145

Oricon.7145

Since the other thread was closed, I’m gonna say it again here: I don’t like everybody having the exact same skin and face in this armor. In GW2 we have several races, a lot of different skin colors, beards, etc… and it’s a shame that it’s all hidden beneath the blue.

100 Percent agree. I would like to see individual character FACES at least

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NovaZephyr.1293

NovaZephyr.1293

Either make the blue parts dyeable or some way to turn off the blue..

The armour has a lot of potential if it was more versatile. Personally I would prefer it if we could dye it like the dynamic stuff coming in later patches.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

bokkieskitten.8023

Have you tried taking caffeine pills or Dramamine? It helps my friend who gets bad motion sickness from playing video games. I can’t remember which one she tried that worked the best but it helped her a lot.

I can’t have caffeine (Heart palpitations when I do) but I’ll look into the dramamine. I’ve had chronic migraines for almost my whole life, so whenever I played, things were dimmed anyways. Thanks to magnesium I do not suffer as I once did, but this armour seemed to kick it right in, darn my hypersensitivity to near everything these days. Heh. It’s fine for me, I just turn the brightness so so low. I just wanted them to know, encase someone with more serious problems could have a severe sensitivity to it.

Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll look into the dramamine!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

bokkieskitten.8023

Hello all,

Danicia!

Now that we know you’re still here, will you please tell us whether or not the blue areas are supposed to be armor or flesh? Thank you!

Oh, and as for more feedback:

I think this armor is gorgeous as is and hope it remains in the game, unchanged.

However, I would also love it if the artists made a separate “reskin” of the non-Zodiac parts of the Light Armor, but with alterations to the chest (maybe something like the Human T3 Light Chest) and shoes without the curls. the non-Zodiac parts remind me of Oracles or Priestesses and that’s what I’ve wanted to dress my Elementalist in for many months now. =D

Be you Oracle of Selune?! :o