No precursor crafting CANNOT last.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They stated that prices were too high? Are you sure?

Prices went up so much because of changes that ANET did.

in Crafting

Posted by: Thor.2516

Thor.2516

well that is exactly the problem is it?

pls read below. This is from Oct 2012 when precursor were dirt cheap compared to now.

Linsey Murdock posted ArenaNet’s official response to those questioning the rate in which legendary precursors were being created:

We’ve seen players discussing the topic of crafting legendary precursor weapons and claiming that we’ve made changes to make this more difficult. We’d like to be clear that we did not make any across the board changes to reduce the drop rate, nor was it our intention to significantly increase the difficulty in acquiring these precursor weapons.

….

We have been watching the prices climbing on Legendary precursors and share your concerns about some of them becoming too expensive. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any adjustments we feel are necessary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

That was a forum post almost 2 years ago during the Lost Shores. They stated that they were “monitoring the prices” of precursors (this was back at the time when things like The Chosen were ~100g-130g).

*Edit,

Thor found the post to it.

(edited by Yujin.1785)

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Um… wow. Two years ago? And you think that is relevant now?

Surely nothing has changed since then. /sarcasm

in Crafting

Yujin.1785

He mentioned that those were their intentions more than a year ago and you asked on whether or not they really said that. He was merely answering your question (whether or not they said prices were too high or if they felt it was too high), which was true as they did feel that prices were high more than a year ago.

(edited by Yujin.1785)

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

He mentioned that those were their intentions more than a year ago and you asked on whether or not they really said that. He was merely answering your question (whether or not they said prices were too high or if they felt it was too high), which was true as they did feel that prices were high more than a year ago.

He’s trying to treat something stated almost two years ago as relevant to how things are now. If you look back several posts, you’ll see what prompted me to ask him.

The economy/game today is much different that that around launch time. So much as changed since then. Players have so much more money now than they did back then. The number of players trying to get their legendaries has also dramatically increased. There have also been many changes caused directly by Anet that has resulted in the prices being where they are now.

in Crafting

Yujin.1785

He’s trying to treat something stated almost two years ago as relevant to how things are now. If you look back several posts, you’ll see what prompted me to ask him.

The economy/game today is much different that that around launch time. So much as changed since then. Players have so much more money now than they did back then. The number of players trying to get their legendaries has also dramatically increased. There have also been many changes caused directly by Anet that has resulted in the prices being where they are now.

He did say that he did take a 5 month break from the game though so I guess I kind of see why he would be this disappointed.

Yeah, so much has changed since then. It’s really just waiting if Anet really wants to do anything.

in Crafting

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

@OP.

If someone quits the game because they feel all they want to play for is a precursor. So they quit because they cannot acquire one. What in the world do you think they will do once they have a legendary. They will quit. Because now they have nothing else they feel they want to do.

If your having fun with the game and your friends in it, you will have fun, legendary or not.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

He did say that he did take a 5 month break from the game though so I guess I kind of see why he would be this disappointed.

Yeah, so much has changed since then. It’s really just waiting if Anet really wants to do anything.

I think the problem I have with that poster is he leaves for 5 months, then comes back and is all uppity and surprised he is even farther from acquiring a precursor than before. WELL … OF COURSE YOU ARE. Did he expect a precursor to be in his mailbox as a welcome back gift?

Legendaries are NOT for people who haven’t earned it. If someone goes away for 5 months, they aren’t exactly deserving of a legendary anyways.

in Crafting

Yujin.1785

I think the problem I have with that poster is he leaves for 5 months, then comes back and is all uppity and surprised he is even farther from acquiring a precursor than before. WELL … OF COURSE YOU ARE. Did he expect a precursor to be in his mailbox as a welcome back gift?

Legendaries are NOT for people who haven’t earned it. If someone goes away for 5 months, they aren’t exactly deserving of a legendary anyways.

Not going to speak for Thor but I think that if I were away for 5 months and that was roughly around the time when they said precursor crafting was delayed but is still a priority, I would have expected that some progress (in terms of development) was made by Anet giving us different ways of obtaining precursors.

I don’t think many of us are realistically expecting legendaries to drop on our laps but we just want more concrete methods for long term goals in attaining precursors other than the RNG toilet/buying off of the TP, which a lot of people don’t want to do since production of precursors is still tied down to RNG.

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Progress or not, IMO, if someone is away 5 months, owning a legendary isn’t the kind of goal they should be setting for themselves or comment on.

While I agree in principle that alternate methods of obtaining a precursor would be nice, there are many practical and conceptual reasons why I don’t think it will happen. It’s not going to be the cheap route everyone thinks it will be and people will QQ about some other aspect of the expense to get a legendary even if they could craft a precursor. Few people seem to have the forethough or open mind to see this.

No precursor crafting can last. I haven’t seen any reason why it can’t or shouldn’t except for stopping QQ from entitled players.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Yujin.1785

Progress or not, IMO, if someone is away 5 months, owning a legendary isn’t the kind of goal they should be setting for themselves or comment on.

While I agree in principle that alternate methods of obtaining a precursor would be nice, there are many practical and conceptual reasons why I don’t think it will happen. It’s not going to be the cheap route everyone thinks it will be and people will QQ about some other aspect of the expense to get a legendary even if they could craft a precursor. Few people seem to have the forethough or open mind to see this.

No precursor crafting can last. I haven’t seen any reason why it can’t or shouldn’t except for stopping QQ from entitled players.

Yeah, I don’t think it will be cheap if they implement it since they’ve let the precursor market run freely for these 2 years.

Honestly, I’ve seen quite a number of good ideas on alternative methods on gaining one, such as getting a precursor token whenever you throw 4 exotics and gain a level 80 exotic back; a number of these tokens can then be traded for a precursor.

I really dislike it when people used the word entitled in this manner especially when some of us have been waiting patiently for these 2 years and somehow people call people out when some of want to know what is Anet’s stance on precursor crafting or when people just show their disappointment in general on the matter.

(edited by Yujin.1785)

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

I think that description is appropriate. Being patient for a change to obtain a precursor in a different manner is indicative of an unwillingness to put the effort in to do what everyone else has done to obtain one. Because of the position people have put themselves in, they think it should be different for them. Isn’t that what entitlement is? Expecting something because of position?

in Crafting

Yujin.1785

I think that description is appropriate. Being patient for a change to obtain a precursor in a different manner is indicative of an unwillingness to put the effort in to do what everyone else has done to obtain one . Because of the position people have put themselves in, they think it should be different for them. Isn’t that what entitlement is? Expecting something because of position?

Edit* going to answer you more directly.

First, the RNG nature of obtaining a precursor itself means that I could and many others have put in just as much effort as some others who have obtained precursors luckily and have not obtained it but have at the same time waited for some change on Anet’s part.

Second, just like the article linked in the OP, we’re not asking legendaries to drop on our laps. Vayne and I had a similar discussion about this where we actually came into terms about precursor crafting. It’s not the unwillingness to not put in the effort; rather, people, just want a more concrete/tangible way of obtaining it than relying on RNG. It’s simply the fact that there are a lot of people that aren’t happy of buying off of the TP when it just came from mystic forge or from some RNG chance. Give people a way to obtain it more reliably and people will not be as dissatisfied.

We’re not asking anything unreasonable even after 2 years have passed. Calling people out as entitled even after all this is absurd especially that we’ve been patient for over 2 years with working with the system.

(edited by Yujin.1785)

in Crafting

Posted by: Thor.2516

Thor.2516

Obtena.7952
I think that description is appropriate. Being patient for a change to obtain a precursor in a different manner is indicative of an unwillingness to put the effort in to do what everyone else has done to obtain one. Because of the position people have put themselves in, they think it should be different for them. Isn’t that what entitlement is? Expecting something because of position?

And I Think you are way out of line calling it entitlement. I could call you entitled … but i don’t. see below why.

The fact is that it was way easier for earlier players to get a precursor. During the Kraka event 50% of participants got one. Unfortunately the execution of the event was a disaster (lag, DCs). Many “features” ANet implements make it harder to get the precursor (wardrobe) … although they stated the opposite.

The increased prices does in no way reflect the increase in potential earning. Which means it’s getting harder and harder for players … unless credit card is used. ArenaNet (and players) simply needs to decide if this is the way how GW should work?!

And off-topic: I could call it “entitled” that people who got the legendary and precursors very easy/ cheap early on now insist that it should get harder and harder over time. This is IN NO WAY "indicative of an unwillingness to put the effort in to do what everyone else has done ".

Can it stay? Yes.
Should it stay? No, bc ethics, a fair go and equal opportunities should have a place in entertainment/ MMO.

Just my 2ct. I’m out.

in Crafting

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

Crafted precursors is for the lazy! Get your precursor like the rest of those who have legendaries. Farm hard!!! Or get a job!

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

@OP.

If someone quits the game because they feel all they want to play for is a precursor. So they quit because they cannot acquire one. What in the world do you think they will do once they have a legendary. They will quit. Because now they have nothing else they feel they want to do.

If your having fun with the game and your friends in it, you will have fun, legendary or not.

DING DING!!!!

We have a…..(you know the rest).

If your only reason to play this game is obtain a Legendary Weapon, you should re-evaluate playing this game….

…… bc ethics, a fair go and equal opportunities should have a place in entertainment/ MMO.

Let me retort to your Liberal rant….

• Your implication that this has anything to do with “ethics” is laughable. A Legendary Weapon is 100% optional BLING that is DESIRED….not NEEDED. Nobody is being “mistreated” by not having one.
  • “a fair go”? How has ANYONE not had the same “go” at obtaining a Legendary as any other player?
  • “equal opportunities”? How and when has it never been “equal” (quack “hidden luck attribute” conspiracy theories aside)?
We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

And I Think you are way out of line calling it entitlement. I could call you entitled … but i don’t. see below why.

You don’t because it would be nonsense. I earned my legendary by doing what is needed without QQing about it.

Just my 2ct. I’m out.

See you in 5 more months …

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Obtena.7952

You have to admit that what “everyone else has done” is under some scrutiny here. I mean when precursors were 100g, the amount of farming for that compared with the 1000g+ currently can’t really be considered the same or similar

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Obtena.7952

You have to admit that what “everyone else has done” is under some scrutiny here. I mean when precursors were 100g, the amount of farming for that compared with the 1000g+ currently can’t really be considered the same or similar

The game was different back then and not a lot of people made that much gold.

Edit: Disregard. I must have misread part of your post this morning.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

To some extent they are same or similar but no you are right … it’s not completely equivalent. That’s a consequence of being ‘first off the bus’ so to speak. We probably don’t recognize it but the first people to get their precursor probably got them relatively cheap compared to what we pay now for many reasons; gold earning potential, etc… That’s expected since more people start realizing what legendaries are all about and demand increases.

Even if there is some disproportionate ‘value’ between a precursor obtained a few months into game and yesterday, the point is that people are still getting them and making legendaries with the same process.

in Crafting

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

If you are in this game solely for the legendary then you should find a diferent game

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

in Crafting

Posted by: MidnightStar.2960

MidnightStar.2960

Give it some time.

With all the current updates and content their pushing out, it’s not like they’ve had time to do this. Especially considering the current rarity, I wouldn’t be surprised (hell, this is what I hope for) if they released a secondary way of getting a precursor that would require 50+ hours, if not more. Otherwise, precursor and legendary rareness would just instantly go down and you would see a drastic increase in legendaries.

And just remember, putting a quest chain that requires 50+hours of completion takes quite a while to design, code and execute.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

In two more years we might be around to see this in a feature pack

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

In two more years we might be around to see this in a feature pack

The great thing about the times we live in, is that we have more choices. I see no reason to be playing this game two years from now.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

An easy solution would be increasing the availability of T6 mats in conjunction with the availability of precursor weapons.

I’m not saying it should be easy, however precursors shouldn’t rely on luck, and IMO not marketable.

Anet could for example make account-bound precursors available for a big mix of “for example” dungeon tokens, of each dungeon, while also for instance adding the lootbags everyone seems to run around for in orr to the loot-table.

Besides legendaries being overpriced for what they are, i don’t do RNG i tend to quit games that have too much “luck” factor in them, so in this game even if i played since Launce i never cared to craft a legendary weapn

in Crafting

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

I opened this Thread 100% expecting it to be a Necroed Thread from 2012… that’s how long it has already lasted.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]