Official Response: Drop Rate of Legendary Precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Kenny Mack.2653

Kenny Mack.2653

i must say i LOOOOOVE mystic forge! got my 5th precursor from it 2 days ago! and our guild had abt 8 precursors same day in abt 1hr 30mins from it!

Good for you! . I’ve been playing this game from the start.. and i got to my Level 80 END Game 1 month after it was released…
Started farming for a Legendary Pre courser and have been ever since

Put in about 1000g++ in the forge in every way conceivable over that time
Rares and exotics, named and unnamed, COF runs and 500+ L48+ Fractals ( no GS skin) VERY UNLUCY! RNG

I’ve had ZERO ( 0 ) precursors.. and still farming to get one.

I’m at the point of saving to buy from the TP
Wish it wasnt like that but its sooo RARE to get one that buying is now my only option.

Once you put in 1000g worth of stuff into the forge you SHOULD be allowed to have a pre curse no MATTER what!

This will NOT flood the market at all and give people who have slaved over this game like myself and have NOTHING to show for it some happiness

ANET needs to fix this.

I am also in the process of chasing a legendary, and have only one or two more T6 mats to go and then Dawn. It is going to be so difficult to get a hold of dawn, but anet needs to fix nothing.

I’m getting tired of people crying about not getting a precursor. They were deliberately designed, and vocally stated by the Dev team to be super rare. It is a RARE item. Some people get lucky in the forge. Some people get lucky a hundred times in the forge but who cares. Get on with your own game and get that pre.

More fool you actually for spending a thousand gold in it without stopping and just buying it on the top.

Keep precursors rare. Thanks.

in Crafting

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

I am also in the process of chasing a legendary, and have only one or two more T6 mats to go and then Dawn. It is going to be so difficult to get a hold of dawn, but anet needs to fix nothing.

I’m getting tired of people crying about not getting a precursor. They were deliberately designed, and vocally stated by the Dev team to be super rare. It is a RARE item. Some people get lucky in the forge. Some people get lucky a hundred times in the forge but who cares. Get on with your own game and get that pre.

More fool you actually for spending a thousand gold in it without stopping and just buying it on the top.

I do not have a problem with them being rare. I do however, have a problem with the way they are obtained. The prices are ridiculous, this is no longer a matter of being challenging to obtain a legendary, but a matter of either being rich enough in real life to buy $250 worth of gems to obtain enough gold, or being lucky enough to ever see one drop.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I do not have a problem with them being rare. I do however, have a problem with the way they are obtained. The prices are ridiculous, this is no longer a matter of being challenging to obtain a legendary, but a matter of either being rich enough in real life to buy $250 worth of gems to obtain enough gold, or being lucky enough to ever see one drop.

The prices are not ridiculous as the orders are being filled.

If your plan is to have a precursor fall into your lap, you are going to have a very long wait. You need to focus your attention on getting one which means doing the following:

1. World Boss Circuit – Get that bonus chest each day. The rare/exotic is going to mitigate your costs as well as provide you with “free” chances. The bonus chest and boss chest also have high precursor drop chances.
2. Determine the cheapest way to obtain chances
A. Find the cost to buy the materials to make an exotic weapon of the type you want.
B. Find the cost to buy the materials to make a rare weapon of the type you want and multiply by 5.
C. Find the cost to buy the cheapest rare (times 5) or exotic weapon of the type you want on the TP.
3. Use the cheapest method from 2. above and obtain a bunch of weapons. Drop them into the Mystic Forge. Monitor the sigils on the output, if you get any valuable ones, salvage the weapon instead of MF (to offset your purchasing costs).

Your best chance at a precursor is to put 4 exotic weapons of the type you want into the MF. The steps above will help you do that in the least expensive way.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

If your plan is to have a precursor fall into your lap, you are going to have a very long wait. You need to focus your attention on getting one which means doing the following:

1. World Boss Circuit – Get that bonus chest each day. The rare/exotic is going to mitigate your costs as well as provide you with “free” chances. The bonus chest and boss chest also have high precursor drop chances.
2. Determine the cheapest way to obtain chances
A. Find the cost to buy the materials to make an exotic weapon of the type you want.
B. Find the cost to buy the materials to make a rare weapon of the type you want and multiply by 5.
C. Find the cost to buy the cheapest rare (times 5) or exotic weapon of the type you want on the TP.
3. Use the cheapest method from 2. above and obtain a bunch of weapons. Drop them into the Mystic Forge. Monitor the sigils on the output, if you get any valuable ones, salvage the weapon instead of MF (to offset your purchasing costs).

Your best chance at a precursor is to put 4 exotic weapons of the type you want into the MF. The steps above will help you do that in the least expensive way.

I never said I expect one to fall into my lap. You can say I need to do all those things, but they still do not guarantee a precursor. You could theoretically do that for five years and still do not see one. As I said, it is all about luck. Having luck is not challenging.

in Crafting

mtpelion.4562

I never said I expect one to fall into my lap. You can say I need to do all those things, but they still do not guarantee a precursor. You could theoretically do that for five years and still do not see one. As I said, it is all about luck. Having luck is not challenging.

You can’t guarantee that you will get any random item. I’m just telling you how to actually have a reasonable chance at getting one.

Take the tips or don’t, but don’t complain about random being random if you aren’t willing to help your odds.

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

You can’t guarantee that you will get any random item. I’m just telling you how to actually have a reasonable chance at getting one.

Take the tips or don’t, but don’t complain about random being random if you aren’t willing to help your odds.

And that is exactly the problem. They should not be random. They should be challenging to get, not luck-based. If I increase my odds and still do not get one after three years, what good did that do me?

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

And that is exactly the problem. They should not be random. They should be challenging to get, not luck-based. If I increase my odds and still do not get one after three years, what good did that do me?

The new crafting system is supposed to let you make your own precursor. It’s just a waiting game now… Wish they’d tell us what it takes to make one so we could start stacking up right now…

in Crafting

mtpelion.4562

I never said it wasn’t a problem, I just provided tips on how to improve your chances at overcoming the problem.

in Crafting

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

The ONLY way to get a Precursor exotic weapon is to buy it from the Trading Post

THAT IS THE ONLY WAY! .. All other ways could see you spending 1000g+ and doing chests every day for over a year like me and ending up WITH NOTHING.. you could spend 10,000g and end up with nothing.

You could spend 5 years opening world chests and end up with nothing…

THIS is why I’m saying Anet needs to fix this! The only way to get one is if you farm gold or you win the lottery! with RNG …. COF`P1 farmers have purchased 2-3 precursors from the TP and have it all, the rest of us get ever increasing Precursor prices.

COF Capping has not changed the cost of a Precursor if anything it has gone up with more people hitting end game and going for one!

Anet’s broken End game akittens best.

(edited by VidGhost.3215)

in Crafting

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

if TP is the only way then i must have used the tp in wvw when i picked up howl there and not long after someone in my groupe picked up truth(axe), so the precourcers are dropping n the world but its nothing you should be going for to get it that way but it is still a way

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Crafting

VidGhost.3215

Yeah a lottery is a lottery… ALLOT of people have quit this game after dumping 1600g in the forge and getting nothing… does Anet want this? why would anyone stick up for this.

in Crafting

Korsbaek.9803

Yeah a lottery is a lottery… ALLOT of people have quit this game after dumping 1600g in the forge and getting nothing… does Anet want this? why would anyone stick up for this.

its not a lottery(as at a given time the chance for you to not get a precourser will be so close to 0% chance for not getting it, that it will be demed impossible not to get it(based of math) tho precourcers is something they have stated are to hard to get and are trying to fix it somehow

Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Crafting

VidGhost.3215

Your wrong!

Anet has stated that you have as much chance of getting a precursor weapon on your first try on the mystic forge ( or open world L80 exotic drop ) as you do on your 10,000th try! .. its the same odds every time it is a lottery in every sense

So someone could play GW2 for 10 years every day and still not get a Precursor. Its unlikely but 100% possible and there in lies the problem.

The only 100% way is buying it on the TP

in Crafting

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

hay guys its me Ken and yes i have stopped my precurser grind for my legendary eternity. and since then i have actually almost completed my savarian colture armor and ive been trying to enjoy the game. yes im still chasing the legendary task/RNG/Mystic troll for about humm 10 months yes 10 months October-August. Since then we have finally got word that you can craft your precurser from crafting when they release the update on crafting. so because of the release from anet on the upcomming 2013 I have started a Plan B. getting as much crafting material as possible.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

…someone could play GW2 for 10 years every day and still not get a Precursor. Its unlikely but 100% possible and there in lies the problem.

OMG!!! This is me!! Every day I’m trying for one and I’ve also been hoping dumb luck would play it’s part, but nope, still no pre.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Korsbaek.9803

Your wrong!

Anet has stated that you have as much chance of getting a precursor weapon on your first try on the mystic forge ( or open world L80 exotic drop ) as you do on your 10,000th try! .. its the same odds every time it is a lottery in every sense

So someone could play GW2 for 10 years every day and still not get a Precursor. Its unlikely but 100% possible and there in lies the problem.

The only 100% way is buying it on the TP

nope im not wrong each has the same chance yes but if you do enough with that chance then your stacit chance is higher its simple math example if you do it 10% chances looking before you done it you will have more then 10% chance to get someting you need;)
and i said that the said got so close to 0% chance for it to not get a precourcer but i never said it where 0% only stupiedly close

Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Crafting

Posted by: Aragorn.3824

Aragorn.3824

I know some one who got a precursor after 3 try’s so it is all luck

in Crafting

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

I remember when I first heard about the Scavenger Hunt…

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Tenshi.3598

Tenshi.3598

QFT

This Glade has thorns…and here they are!

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Soon™

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Posted by: The Ajax.4967

The Ajax.4967

So i decided to use up a few of these mystic forge stones after hearing a rumour about better chance of exotics form rares. I had 10g at the time so i thought, “wth why not”. i bought 50 of the cheapest rares and did the 3 rares and one stone. ended up getting dawn and rodgorts flame:D i recommend trying this if you guys are gonna risk the toilet

Evin Arris

in Crafting

VidGhost.3215

So i decided to use up a few of these mystic forge stones after hearing a rumour about better chance of exotics form rares. I had 10g at the time so i thought, “wth why not”. i bought 50 of the cheapest rares and did the 3 rares and one stone. ended up getting dawn and rodgorts flame:D i recommend trying this if you guys are gonna risk the toilet

DO NOT DO THIS!.. Its complete BS
I used 100 stones and put in 400 rares that i also bought from the TP “cheapest rares”

3 rares 1 stone .. ended up getting NOTHING!

It doesn’t improve the odds at all. If anything i got back LESS exotics

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I did the same thing as above and got back two named exotic shortbows which sold for 5g+ each and three other named exo’s which also got sold, for a total of 24g. I made the rares myself so I lost nothing on the deal, and the forge stones were from achieve chests.

I see it as a bit of a win if you’re prepared to lose the rares and maybe even get a rare back (which is likely 4/5 times) but the exo that you get could one day be a precursor.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: ddak.3150

ddak.3150

I am sitting on 350 gold atm… Wildstar will probably be released until the end of the year -as soon as it does – I can forget this RNG epic crap – that they neded to use lies on manifesto so that players would buy it. When wildstar gets the release date, i will buy all daggers with my gold and try mystic toilet – and then delete all chars…

Almost every patch you get somethin " HAS A CHANCE TO DROP". .. Guild has a chance to drop Wars

in Crafting

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

I got two precursors yesterday, the mace and harpoon gun (bah, why did it have to give me the lowest value one). I’ve never used the forge much before, but had about 80 of those mystic forge stones in back from the achievement chest rewards so I thought I’d put them to use. I just bought random cheapo 80 exotic weapons and put 3 in with a stone every time. Either it would return a cheap exotic which I could put back into the forge or an exotic worth >2g which I could sell on the TP.

The good thing about the stones is they seem to completely randomize what weapon type comes out. I’d put 3 warhorns in with a stone and almost never get a warhorn back. I tried to find proper information on how all this works, but there is none, but just random anecdotes and the occasional developer rumour denial.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Crafting

Korsbaek.9803

I am sitting on 350 gold atm… Wildstar will probably be released until the end of the year -as soon as it does – I can forget this RNG epic crap – that they neded to use lies on manifesto so that players would buy it. When wildstar gets the release date, i will buy all daggers with my gold and try mystic toilet – and then delete all chars…

Almost every patch you get somethin " HAS A CHANCE TO DROP". .. Guild has a chance to drop Wars

so far i have never seen a MMORGP that dont use drop chances in some way and i cant think of another system that is not completly broken that can do something like it.
MF is a chance for something just like anything else and do it enough times and you will get what you need(not saying how many times enough is as i dont know it) simple as that

Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Crafting

Posted by: korky.7453

korky.7453

A guy on Far Shiverpeaks EU spended 750g (he said) in crafting materials to make 4k rare greatswords so he could put them into the MF. He streamed the whole thing and after about 400 tries he had dusk. In the end he had 1dusk and 2 dawns, so he almost tripled his money with that.

Now don’t be fooled by his luck, other guys have gone before him without getting jack sh…so yeah as much as I want my dusk I’m just gonna wait for the crafting lvl500 so we can craft our own precursors.

People say alot of things
The fact is that it’s often nonsense

in Crafting

Posted by: Cristie.6192

Cristie.6192

After 5000 staves into mystic forge…. finally “The legend”

2500 hours game play….

Bifrost

Attachments:

in Crafting

VidGhost.3215

5000 rares = 1000g at current TP prices of 20s each LOL cheaper buying it from the TP and pocketing the rest.

Ive got about 350g saved up now and when i get to 600g i will still hang on to my gold.. when L500 crafting comes out i will jump on that and craft two precursers and make 2 legendarily at the same time. Almost got enough mats for 2 and a stack of 250 Clovers lol haha

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Play at the lottery and you will most likely lose. If the probabilities are not published it means the lottery managers are fishing for suckers.

This is well known.

in Crafting

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

We’ve seen players discussing the topic of crafting legendary precursor weapons and claiming that we’ve made changes to make this more difficult. We’d like to be clear that we did not make any across the board changes to reduce the drop rate, nor was it our intention to significantly increase the difficulty in acquiring these precursor weapons.

We did fix a few bugged recipes that were rewarding Legendary precursors more often than they should have been. These recipes were mostly using Rares in the level 70-75 range and mostly affected the precursors for the greatswords and the dagger. This has had some effect on the drop rate when using lower level rares to attempt to get a precursor but it was never intended for that to be the best way of acquiring these weapons. The recipes for throwing in level 80 exotics have not changed at all.

We have been watching the prices climbing on Legendary precursors and share your concerns about some of them becoming too expensive. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any adjustments we feel are necessary.

Legend hit 1200g and dusk hit 850g last night. Are the prices still of concern?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Crafting

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

i must say i LOOOOOVE mystic forge! got my 5th precursor from it 2 days ago! and our guild had abt 8 precursors same day in abt 1hr 30mins from it!

Good for you! . I’ve been playing this game from the start.. and i got to my Level 80 END Game 1 month after it was released…
Started farming for a Legendary Pre courser and have been ever since

Put in about 1000g++ in the forge in every way conceivable over that time
Rares and exotics, named and unnamed, COF runs and 500+ L48+ Fractals ( no GS skin) VERY UNLUCY! RNG

I’ve had ZERO ( 0 ) precursors.. and still farming to get one.

I’m at the point of saving to buy from the TP
Wish it wasnt like that but its sooo RARE to get one that buying is now my only option.

Once you put in 1000g worth of stuff into the forge you SHOULD be allowed to have a pre curse no MATTER what!

This will NOT flood the market at all and give people who have slaved over this game like myself and have NOTHING to show for it some happiness

ANET needs to fix this.

People are more complaining about the fact that it is totally random to get a precursor…not about the rarity of the item itself. Nobody wants obtaining a Precursor to become easy and fast.
People are tired of: “kitten , I spent 1000g and still no Precursor”, while on the other hand: “Oh rly?!!? I got mine at my second attempt”.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: Roxim.2517

Roxim.2517

So does anyone else feel that paying 1000g for a precursor is stupid? Granted I spent 470g for Dawn when I bought it two weeks ago and it literally doubled in price because someone is playing the market like a tool for massive profits. I know in other games you would get the banhammer if you pulled something like that to control a economy.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

if TP is the only way then i must have used the tp in wvw when i picked up howl there and not long after someone in my groupe picked up truth(axe), so the precourcers are dropping n the world but its nothing you should be going for to get it that way but it is still a way

Truth is a skin from a champion bag… it tp’s for 1g.

in Crafting

VidGhost.3215

Prices are still sky high for precursor weapons and Anet is still doing nothing about it..
So many people are stuck on this last item before they can make a legendary.
The price will soon hit 2000g on the TP if Anet doesn’t do something about it.

Now before someone goes on about grinding gold and to just buy one of the TP, This shouldn’t be the only way to do it.

Playing the mystic forge is also a bad way to go about it, a guy in my server put in 3600 rares a few weeks ago got nothing. I put in 1000g worth of exotics and got nothing.. the mystic forge is horrible nightmare when it comes to precursors and Anet NEEDS to make more ways to acquire one.

People are getting VERY angry about this subject and i grantee its going to hurt GW2

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Prices are still sky high for precursor weapons and Anet is still doing nothing about it..
So many people are stuck on this last item before they can make a legendary.
The price will soon hit 2000g on the TP if Anet doesn’t do something about it.

Now before someone goes on about grinding gold and to just buy one of the TP, This shouldn’t be the only way to do it.

Playing the mystic forge is also a bad way to go about it, a guy in my server put in 3600 rares a few weeks ago got nothing. I put in 1000g worth of exotics and got nothing.. the mystic forge is horrible nightmare when it comes to precursors and Anet NEEDS to make more ways to acquire one.

People are getting VERY angry about this subject and i grantee its going to hurt GW2

If you put in 1000g worth of exotics instead of just buying the precursor for cheaper than that, then I don’t know what to say. Basically it boils down to only do the MF if you are ok with losing how much you are gambling cause chances are you will lose it all. With how easy gold is to make nowadays, even casual play will make you 15g a day easy and that’s if you don’t get anything good to sell. Multiply that by 30 days and that’s 450g if you really have bad luck.

While I do agree they should have an alternative story/quest/non gold way of earning it, it should still take 2-3 months to earn it that way as well. People who are expecting a quest to get a precursor in say 1 week are delusional. If you really want something, then focus your energy and at the moment, grind like life ends tomorrow. I did it for 2 legendaries and a 3rd precursor and while it did suck, it was the only way since my luck sucks and I know not to even try the MF.

And about this whole precursor deal hurting Anet, I doubt it. If they handed out precursors to people and made legendaries easy to do, you really think people would stay after they finish the legendary since now they REALLY have nothing to do. The dangling carrot called a legendary is what keeps people grinding. If people are leaving cause of the precursor issue, they would have left anyways sooner or later and with the game not having any subs, it really wouldn’t hurt their bottom line unless you were a big spender at the gems store.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Here is the other issue now: We have to salvage exotics to get crafting materials to make Ascended Weapons once the patch goes live today. This means that people will be less likely to throw exotics into the forge. This means there will be less pre-cursors on the BLTC. This means prices will go up.

It is my opinion that the drop rate for Pre-Cursors should go up now because of it. I really believe that ArenaNet should have waited to add the Ascended weapons to the game until they released the Legendary weapon solution as far as crafting one or a Scavenger Hunt etc.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

15g a day from casual play? How many hours because as a casual I am doing it wrong. Sure with dead eye and pre champion nerfs I can see this, but not now.

in Crafting

VidGhost.3215

My guess is that precursors will hit 2000g sooner hen people think!

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Peoples! finally! Vindication! It only took a year..

http://youtu.be/Jy7CcwnfUdU?t=13m25s

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

please tell what it says i can t see vids :/

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

please tell what it says i can t see vids :/

It’s an interview with Colin Johanson and he confirms that precursor building is coming in 2013.

According to him it will likely be via crafting. (As a side, I hope they upgrade all precursor weapons to ascended tier)

Also, an entire new type of legendary. Probably an accessory. Woo. Just when you thought you were done with ascended trinkets..

in Crafting

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Full RNG should not used in a mmo mechanism .

if mmos simulating the real life i really dont know a single man that had win a lotto and he continues play lotto to win.

also in a full rng system the only winner is the player that always is looking to find ways to exploit the loot system .

so the full rng system is pushing ALL ( most of them ) players to search for easy farming methods or exploits or make them avoid to use the ingame mechanisms because they know that they have no any change to win a precursor for example

all these are not creating a healthy mmo community

in Crafting

Posted by: dani.7280

dani.7280

Someone kill me.

Used Exotics lvl76-80, most of them beeing craftable lvl 80 exotics.
Before i started gambling, i had enough money to craft 2 legendaries. Now i dont even have enough for 1.

Alltogether thrown in: 2537 exotics (costs roughly 1g/ea, used mixed exotics, swords only, hammers only)
Precursors: 2 (Lover & Carcharias, profit together ~495g)

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Why in the world would you attempt to gamble if you had enough gold for 2 legendary’s? There isn’t a single person that I have ever heard that endorses using the MF to acquire a legendary.

RNG will always be RNG.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just keep in mind ANet considers throwing 4 things in the Mystic Forge “Crafting”.

It would be totally doable to have a “recipe” for precursors that doesn’t take a single point in ANY crafting trade (much less restricting it to the three weapon trades).

Given that that the 8 crafting trades are already part of making a Legendary (need 2 at 400 to make the gifts) there’s not really any reason they must be part of making the precursor.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: dani.7280

dani.7280

Why in the world would you attempt to gamble if you had enough gold for 2 legendary’s? There isn’t a single person that I have ever heard that endorses using the MF to acquire a legendary.

RNG will always be RNG.

I was going for Eternity, had roughly 100g missing. I dont know why, but i just couldnt be bothered to do any more bloody dungeon run or farm run or whatever. Ive seen so many posts of ppl getting lucky and everything, so i thought that’s how i can get the missing 100g. It was a dumb idea, yes. Hindsight is easier than foresight i guess :\

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The fact that there are people willing to pay absurd sums of money on them does not make those sums of money any less absurd for the 99% of this game’s population. It just means that there’s a massive disproportion of wealth in the community.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

I agree with RNG being the biggest issue here and I’m waiting for a more “reliable” way of getting a precoursor.. But I have to say, even if Anet would’t change anything, I would say it’s more worth buying a precoursor for 1000g than gamble in the Mystic toilet. Maybe it’s because I hate gambling, but it’s also not too hard to save cash, even if it takes a year. Because there aren’t that many other things that requires you to spend cash.. Siege weapons and food are the only things I can come up with, while the rest is just skins and stuff for the looks.. I would probably have had bought a precoursor by now if I hadnt bought gems on Trading post to buy skins and make over kits 3-4 Times for every character that i’ve got :-P

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The fact that there are people willing to pay absurd sums of money on them does not make those sums of money any less absurd for the 99% of this game’s population. It just means that there’s a massive disproportion of wealth in the community.

That is because most people are too lazy to make money. The people who arent too lazy are making bank on the other hand.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.