[Bug] Lupicus Necrid Bolt hits in melee

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

They fixed interrupting with paralyzation sigil so im not able to stop pugs from one shotting him anymore :C

Swirling Winds always works. I love trolling them like that

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

:
a) Maybe make it out of bounds to place reflects up on top of the wall? This could be possible by removing the flat surface from the top of the arena.

Wouldn’t traited off hand axe on ranger still one shot him with this fix?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

They fixed interrupting with paralyzation sigil so im not able to stop pugs from one shotting him anymore :C

Swirling Winds always works. I love trolling them like that

Can someone confirm paralyzation sigil?

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Had someone do it last week… Not 100% sure it was the sigil but I did notice 5 defiance stacks pop up.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Now they just need to nerf the reflects like they did with the spider boss in twilight arbor ages ago.

And nerf all reflects/blocks, yueah no thanks as a guard/engi main professions, no thanks, kitten off.

I have over 7k hours played on my guardian and I am still fine with it

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Had someone do it last week… Not 100% sure it was the sigil but I did notice 5 defiance stacks pop up.

you can interrupt with rampage on warrior i think

once a pug did it on accident and i laughed out loud, spit out my coffee and had to spend the next 5 min cleaning up my keyboard

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Well spoj, you got invisible walls to target all over the arena. :/

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Fayour.6920

Fayour.6920

Is his necrid blast fixed yet? He gets 5 auto attacks off and its pretty much party wipe.. Phase 2 and 3 are too dangerous to res people in.. However with him not being able to aim his dome worth a crap its not terrible, but this makes it near impossible to carry a team when they all dont know how to dodge and you are playing off the LFG system. The way this currently is has a good benefit of hindering path sellers, but they mostly just cheese lupi now anyway. The down-side is though for newer players, they do not know how to manage its attacks so they can’t exactly survive past phase 2. A lot of people learn the lupi fight these days by having one or two solid players who can take him down and watching their dodging and such. Which is honestly the lesser of 2 evils? People making money for soloing things, or people not being able to enjoy the dungeon with new players?

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

Of course it isn’t fixed yet. It’s only been a few weeks and this is dungeons after all. Expect a fix somewhere in 2020-2028.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Of course it isn’t fixed yet. It’s only been a few weeks and this is dungeons after all. Expect a fix somewhere in 2020-2028.

I wouldn’t be as optimistic. 2036 seems like a more reasonable time

fracture.9754

Well yea, I mean you have to understand they’re busy with adding new finishers, outfits and minis to the store. Surely we can’t let something meaningless like dungeon bugs in the way of that!

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Well yea, I mean you have to understand they’re busy with adding new finishers, outfits and minis to the store. Surely we can’t let something meaningless like dungeon bugs in the way of that!

How much time did they need to fix alphard’s bomb?^^

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

:
a) Maybe make it out of bounds to place reflects up on top of the wall? This could be possible by removing the flat surface from the top of the arena.

Wouldn’t traited off hand axe on ranger still one shot him with this fix?

The reflect radius on Whirling Defense is pitifully small, it takes better positioning.

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

Now they just need to nerf the reflects like they did with the spider boss in twilight arbor ages ago.

And nerf all reflects/blocks, yueah no thanks as a guard/engi main professions, no thanks, kitten off.

I have over 7k hours played on my guardian and I am still fine with it

While I accept more challenges in this game, making skills useless is the worst way of “fixing” trivial content. Marlona is the best example. Why not nerf reflected dps or make it 50% chance on certain bosses? Now whole bunch of skills is useless on Marlona. This aproach to “fixing” should be stopped. If not, why care about professions? Let’s roll 5 necros and dps those pinatas. How is it going to be better?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

This whole thing makes me wonder if the Spider Queen melee poison change was even intended, or if it was just another bug they never bothered to fix or acknowledge.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Didnt the spider queen one somehow manage to make it into patch notes?

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

The spider queen change was definitely intended. I was in a guild with the dev who made the change, he had talked about it during an AC run as “imagine how people would fight her if the poison didn’t have a minimum range…”

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

The spider queen change was definitely intended. I was in a guild with the dev who made the change, he had talked about it during an AC run as “imagine how people would fight her if the poison didn’t have a minimum range…”

And the answer is “they will kill her before her model loads”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I still think the best way they could address reflects trivializing bosses is by making reflects used against bosses merely absorb the projectiles instead of reflecting them. In this way, a WoR against Malrona could stop her poison blasts, but not reflect them to autokill her. Doing it this way maintains reflect skills’ value without causing them to annihilate high-powered bosses like GL.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t completely disagree, but I think I rather have them make reflects no longer reflect but instead trigger a “reflect” attack based on the player’s stats and using a coefficient that is reasonable, such that you don’t lose all damage, and possibly in some cases might even do more, but would prevent the situation where you have these high damage attacks blowing things up.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I’d rather just change lupi’s stats so that his power is 5-10x lower, but he has 100% crit chance and 5-10x total modifier from crit damage. Since reflects use his power but the reflector’s crit chance/damage, this would be a significant nerf to them without making them completely useless.

…now that I think about it though, it would make him trollishly easy for eles with that ‘no crits in earth attunement’ GM. So maybe just nerf power and give him a flat 5-10x damage modifier effect buff thingy on him 100%.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m actively checking on this today. Thank you for your continued patience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Why can’t we just make reflects scale off of our own power? This way there is no way to one shot any boss.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Rising Dusk.2408

Thank you very much, Gaile.

Why can’t we just make reflects scale off of our own power? This way there is no way to one shot any boss.

I think the reason it is the way it is is because it enables less DPS-y builds to successfully contribute to team DPS by reflecting an enemy’s projectiles. Conceptually, it makes sense as well. Maybe the opposite of what you suggest would be better; instead of having it use your Power, have it use the enemy’s precision and ferocity? I’m not sure what this would do for something like GL, but not having 100% crit chance would potentially stop a lot of DPS from reflects.

This and your idea are the easier of the suggestions to implement, but I still think converting reflects into blocks against legendary creatures might just be the better solution for the game. It’s really hard to say, though.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Jerus.4350

am I the only one that feels sad when I hear things like this. I mean, yeah something should be done. But taking away unique fun skills because in a few fringe situations due to the combination of development decisions and clever players it becomes OP… it’s just sad.

Rising Dusk.2408

I think the best solution doesn’t take the skills away and keeps in the spirit of the skills… I just think reflects in their current incarnation are too bloody strong. The worst solution is to simply make it so the projectiles cannot be reflected/absorbed at all; what ANet did with Malrona, for instance, was depressing. I would much rather see an evolution of reflect skills that keeps them relevant anywhere projectiles can be found, but not contributing too much to overall DPS to the bosses. A good example of them done right is the Grawl boss, IMO.

I think we can come up with some good solutions here, and I’ll make it a point to report it along to ANet after we’ve given it all some thought.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I agree with jerus on this. I think it will cause more damage then good. The only situation where reflect is broken is lupi and his 5 billion projectiles from one attack. The individual damage of each reflected projectile is actually pretty fair considering his health. So nerfing/changing reflect damage is a poor solution in my opinion.

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Gaile Gray is carrying Anet’s commuication harder than I carry pugs in Arah

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

I agree with jerus on this. I think it will cause more damage then good. The only situation where reflect is broken is lupi and his 5 billion projectiles from one attack. The individual damage of each reflected projectile is actually pretty fair considering his health. So nerfing/changing reflect damage is a poor solution in my opinion.

Yeah, I’d really hate to see reflects get nerfed across the board. There aren’t a lot of situations that are made trivial by reflects, but they do simplify a lot of the content. Which is a good thing IMO, because that allows some of the more support-oriented classes like mesmer and guardian to remain viable.

Jerus.4350

If they could prevent phase skips I think that’d be personally a good option. Of course simply preventing the top of the wall would be ideal (I think allowing the coordinated off wall skips is pretty cool). Still be able to reflect your way through phase 2 but you’d have to fight through phase 3… just a thought/option if it’s something they can figure out how to do. Maybe add an AED type effect to him during the phase transitions such that if he dies during/right after one he’s instantly get healed up to 50% /shrug.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Any update on this?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Necrid Bolt wouldn’t be such a problem anyways if its use was more spread out so it didn’t require double sigils of energy or more contrived setups. Look at Barrage, it’s fine, as are the kicks. But eating a projectile that bounces around people for nearly a one shot on light armor and it being an attack the boss spams in between frenzied barrage and his swipe gets to be dumb.

It’d be as simple as making the damage half or less of what it is if anet totally refuses to make more meaningful changes.

Sublimatio.6981

or give this skill a cooldown

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think the best solution doesn’t take the skills away and keeps in the spirit of the skills… I just think reflects in their current incarnation are too bloody strong. The worst solution is to simply make it so the projectiles cannot be reflected/absorbed at all; what ANet did with Malrona, for instance, was depressing. I would much rather see an evolution of reflect skills that keeps them relevant anywhere projectiles can be found, but not contributing too much to overall DPS to the bosses. A good example of them done right is the Grawl boss, IMO.

I think we can come up with some good solutions here, and I’ll make it a point to report it along to ANet after we’ve given it all some thought.

I think it’s really important to consider how much work any reflection solution would take. We know for a fact that Anet is only willing to spend a minimal amount of effort on dungeon-related content.

“Fixing” Lupi’s reflection by making it unreflectable/unblocable takes next to zero work so it’s probably Anet’s default solution — as we’ve witnessed with Malrona. Any other solution players come up with must compete with this amount of work.

For example, changing how reflection behaves game-wide (making it not depend use mob’s power) requires at least some thought as to how the change would affect other aspects of the game WvW/PvP — as well as other PvE mobs/encounters. It may (or may not) be a great suggestion, but regardless, it’s something that takes some man hours to work through so speaking practically, it’s an unfeasible solution.

This is why I always recommend not complaining about lupi’s wallsploit at all because the enormous risk of Malrona part 2 is not worth it. If people want to use it, let them — and if you don’t like it, make it clear in your LFG.

And back on topic: the funny thing is that the real effect of this Necrid Bolt bug is that it encourages more people to use the wallsploit.

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, Kuru, I definitely agree. Fortunately, part of what ANet wants me to report is not what would be the easiest for them, but what players want the most. In lieu of that, I try to distill exactly that from people in order to give ANet meaningful reports.

I will say this: the impact this change/bug has had on GL is that it has brought his reflect situation to the forefront. It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I really disagree that reflects -outside of wall on wall- are too strong. A mesmer one shot from phase 2 takes coordination and even some luck. How rarely do people actually kill Lupi from p2 in a casual run without wall on wall? The issue as I see it is being able to place a reflect at the spawn point of his projectiles. I agree with spoj and some others – look at anet’s track record for nerfing reflects, and look at how trivial an issue it is when you remove wall on wall. It’s not worth the risk for one technique at one encounter that might be a bit too strong.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Jerus.4350

I’d honestly rather they remove the trait consecrated grounds than to nerf reflects. THough you’d still be able to line up a feedback on the wall at least that takes a little skill that most PUGs will lack The side bonus is this also nerfs the double wall trick… well if you see that as a bonus, kinda neat to do in casual runs with friends but I certainly wouldn’t cry at the loss of that trait.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Feedback on wall is pretty easy all you hotta do is be at a specific distance(outlined by the shadow on the ground) and you look down at the ground and its done

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Jerus.4350

Feedback on wall is pretty easy all you hotta do is be at a specific distance(outlined by the shadow on the ground) and you look down at the ground and its done

Well don’t spread it and it’d buy at least a bit of time before pUGs learn it!, but yeah maybe not optimal, but seems like a possible “easy” fix.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Has a cooldown of 2 seconds

Sublimatio.6981

Has a cooldown of 2 seconds

or give this skill a larger cooldown*

Posted by: Agent Of Jyggalag.8375

Agent Of Jyggalag.8375

Any word from them Gaile? Thanks again for all this!

“To err is human. To blame it on someone else shows management potential.”

fracture.9754

Any word from them Gaile? Thanks again for all this!

No. Gemstore update tomorrow though!

Sublimatio.6981

It was today! Wohoo!

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

It was today! Wohoo!

A new endgame content was just added to the game!

fracture.9754

It was today! Wohoo!

Yeah I saw you yesterday idling in LA. You were browing the gem store, WEREN’T YOU?!

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

How do you know that the high numbers aren’t just results of the attacks high base coefficient?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Sublimatio.6981

It was today! Wohoo!

Yeah I saw you yesterday idling in LA. You were browing the gem store, WEREN’T YOU?!

Yes, sir.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

We’re still waiting…

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Don’t forget about broken hitbox in snowblind and final instance of season 2.