Dungeon Updates

Dungeon Updates

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

Actually to let you know after playing CM story just now I uninstalled your game. I absolutely had zero fun playing that dungeon after the changes. The first mob still one shots…..not only that it seems you INCREASED the amount he fires rockets….point blank if you are melee. And so one shotting.

Second boss, was destroying all melee, as a mesmer could not even cast phantasms they would last .5 seconds and be dead. It got to the point I stopped even pressing the buttons to cast them. Then you added tons of new mobs, more KD spam abilities, elie dogs with more KD spam abilities. Cant move, cant fight always knocked down, cant use illsuions, I am either KD and they die fast….I mean what the heck? Trash mobs spamming KD?

Got two shotted by a sniper, that was fun. I guess all that toughness and vitality were really worth it. And the thing is overall the dungeon did not take much longer, its just that you made it such a unpleasureable experience, you made the gameplay atrocious. Playing melee is just asking to be enraged. You are taking steps to make your content krappier…..you are on the wrong path..you need to change your mindset.

I have no more confidence in you to make this game any better. PVE needed improvement and you have inexplicably made it much much worse. AS if you don’t even understand at all hpw annoying these PVE dungeons are. You made it worse. I would not have cared if you just reduced the end reward making it less farmable. But when you destroy the gameplay itself you don’t have anything for me.

Sorry I invested in your game, I uninstalled the game. I want to relax chill and have fun at home not be frustrated by horrible game mechanics. It would be one thing if you were trying to make it better, but you have made it much worse. Words can’t even express how bad this game is now.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Cromx.3941 We finish it just now, with 2 guys from guild level 48, 49, please just set your group properly and stop all of you going glass cannon, evade or ask your team mates to think of a build together to do it.
This remembers me to DoA times in GW1, everyone was whining, complaining it as to hard, in the end was fine and enjoyable.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

Cromx.3941 We finish it just now, with 2 guys from guild level 48, 49, please just set your group properly and stop all of you going glass cannon, evade or ask your team mates to think of a build together to do it.
This remembers me to DoA times in GW1, everyone was whining, complaining it as to hard, in the end was fine and enjoyable.

Yeah, Cromx. Obviously it’s your fault. It’s not like the whole forum is in an uproar about the changes, not like it’s clearly harder and clearly worthless to play dungeons anymore. Nope. It’s definitely your fault.
The people who say these types of things are clearly so into the game that they won’t criticize any part of it. Blind sheep, basically. If these changes aren’t undone or fixed, I too will uninstall and quit this game. And my entire guild of 25 have the same sentiments.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

nicolebsb.5240 I love when people troll and they are the most blind of all of them by miles, here you go:

- https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeons-don-t-feel-rewarding-Q/first#post161914
- https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-rewards-BUG/first#post155308

The people who say these types of things are clearly so into the game that they won’t criticize any part of it. Blind sheep, basically. If these changes aren’t undone or fixed, I too will uninstall and quit this game. And my entire guild of 25 have the same sentiments.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Danmaro.7453

Danmaro.7453

Let me stop you there and inform you that Anet said from the start that we were supposed to have freedom in the way we play. Not REQUIRED to go Toughness/ Vitality. that was a flat out Lie. Nerfing dungeon rewards while upping difficulty is also a terrible move. Many things needed to be addressed in the PVE aspect of this game. The changes that were implemented, was not even close to any of the issues. If making money was the issue HotW would be nerfed as well. You make more money per time spent in there than old CoF. Their reasoning is terrible. There was no test to make sure the content would work after implementation. You can not do that in an MMO, or any game for that matter. It is Irresponsible.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

Yeah, Cromx. Obviously it’s your fault. It’s not like the whole forum is in an uproar about the changes, not like it’s clearly harder and clearly worthless to play dungeons anymore. Nope. It’s definitely your fault.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Anoia.7342

Anoia.7342

There are already ‘easier’ paths in each dungeon, right? Either by design or coincidence.

How about we keep the easy paths easy and fast, and make the harder paths give more dungeon tokens? Wouldn’t that be a really simple solution? Make the gold reward less or whatever, I guess if you want to make harder content as rewarding as less difficult content… but there should be a way to gain more tokens than just 20 a time or so, and that can be done by rewarding more with harder dungeon paths.

As for CoF the “fix” to the kiting room or whatever is basically really terrible, I don’t know how else to describe it. Having a kind of lame fight- one where you just kite everything, and making it TWICE as long.. is not good gameplay. Just making it 30 seconds longer would have been fine.

The statement though that you don’t want to make dungeons grindy…but then it takes 10 runs just for one piece of armor? I guess maybe this isn’t obvious but they money is just a nice bonus from the armor, that’s really what people are grinding for.

If you want to fix dungeons, keep the money nerf but either up the amount of tokens you get from each run or lower the prices of the pieces.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: BrutalNeko.9640

BrutalNeko.9640

tbh, there are obviously people that only did the dungeons and nothing else which seemed like a valid reason to do this but tbh, when I got bored of doing hearts , couldn’t be bothered getting materials because I’d have to go to a lower area to get the crafting materials I needed and was too low to do my story quest, I’d do some dungeons until I got money for materials and leveled to the right level I needed to do my story quest, now leveling will be a bit frustrating

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Jon… the difficulty of CoF explorable before the buff is what we find fun. Everything else is just frustrating and annoying.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I think, after seeing a lot of complaints, that if the dungeons scaled to the players and the gear levels that the players had on, the whole problem would be solved. If a well geared group goes in, it should still be very hard for them. If a group with all blues and greens go in there, they should be able to actually complete it without going bat-doo-doo insane.

I’ve read that they were SUPPOSED to scale, but don’t seem to from my experiences, and the experiences of others.

Given the auto-scaling abilities of this game, it seems that this should work better.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Seleste.1205

Seleste.1205

I see that. Explore mode is hard. This is should be hard but story mode? How can you say that Anet?

CM is possible to do, when i create party in my guild, with some thinking people, but this is not right. This is dungeon, not raid for 30 people with complicated strategy. Oh, i forgot – strategy is impossible when 11 mobs including 2 snipers, 2 bombers etc. try kill us. Please explain this. I’m stupid or something like that, because now i think DEATH is main part in this game.

All what I want is good gameplay for all! I’m not sad, i’m frustrated. I cant play dung with random players. I was afraid, because I thought lose my real life, now all is clear.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Also, I just wanted to add… the rewards are way too low. Okay… lets say you even buff the difficulty of these already mind numbingly hard dungeons… fine. I wouldn’t want that… but okay fine.

The rewards… they need to be increased by a thousand fold. There is not enough incentive to run dungeons right now… not by a long shot. The fact that the risk greatly outweighs the opportunity cost (and I mean greatly) is a problem. A huge glaringly obvious problem. It makes the game feel way too grindy. WAY too grindy.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Miish.7608

Miish.7608

This really made the game a lot less interesting.. why would you ruin the game so early in its release? too hard with no reward = not fun. Even an easy dungeon with bad rewards wouldnt be fun. This is a step in the wrong direction. I’m not even level 80 yet and the game already seems very unrewarding. Players play for fun, not for 3 hours of garbage dying over and over to get nothing. I dont know what your definition of fun is, but that sounds nothing like fun to me. I havent played an arenanet game before, but if this is how the company rolls.. I won’t be playing this game anymore, much less buy another game from them. Please don’t ruin what could be a great game.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

Jon… the difficulty of CoF explorable before the buff is what we find fun. Everything else is just frustrating and annoying.

Please change we to I as there were plenty of people who hated the joke called cof #2

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

I do not like this patch.

I am very close to finishing what I want from Twilight Arbor, and I am choosing to not bother for the time being.

With the current changes, I will be only running the dungeon purely for tokens, because the money and experience isn’t there. While I do need the tokens, I am not willing to grind to that extent for them.

And yes, I have tried running multiple paths. It does not help with the diminishing returns.

I do not mind grinding. I’ve already gotten three of the four pieces of Nightmare that I wanted. However, the patch has made getting tokens from dungeons purely a grind for tokens. This makes the task of getting a set even more tedious than it was already.

Again, I do not mind having to do 50+ runs of a dungeon for a cosmetic set. However, if I get nothing but the set from it, it makes the process even more dull. And no, the drops do not add much to rewards.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I support your changes but I would like to suggest one small change. I think the Karma reward for completing the Story Mode with a member who has not previously completed that dungeon should be increased. This would give players incentive to help other players with completing their story dungeons.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Ayarai.3985

Ayarai.3985

You should not see any diminished returns unless you.

1) Run the same exact chain over twice in a row
2) Complete multiple dungeons in 30 minutes or less each.

This doesn’t seem to be working as intended at the moment then, as it seems to be diminishing your rewards regardless of dungeons or paths you do. (once it starts the dimishing rewards)

Today I did the following dungeons:

- Earlier at day: Twilight Arbor – explorable, Up path (longer than 30mins run)
- Few hours later: Twilight Arbor – explorable, Up path (longer than 30mins run)
- Right after that, Twilight Arbor – explorable, Forward -> Up. Longer than 30 mins run but diminished silver+XP end reward
- Followed by Crucible of Eternity – explorable , Front door path. Also longer than 30 mins run but even more diminished silver+XP reward at the end.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Me and my 2 friends literally have been waiting for this game since 2010ish. Honestly I was so excited seeing all the vidoes and trailers, even playing the beta, everything was amazing. Still is good from level 1-80. Best leveling experience I’ve had on any game. PvP also good besides the unbalance between professions + bugged skills+traits (necro). The exploration system is amazing. WvW PvP is good also, the keeps objectives, supply etc all well done, reminds me of warhammer RvR which was amazing imo.

But endgame PvE ? Where is it ? Dungeon’s are NOT WORTH IT. Especially for me since I’ve got all of my gear, I love the dungeon set I’m using. I do not want any other skins. Now I want an actual reason why to do dungeons. There needs to be a reward.
ATM they give me absolutely nothing for all the hard work I may put into finishing a dungeon, I get nothing. I do not want to play this game anymore. Both of my friends who I mentioned immediately logged off the game and haven’t been on it since even tho they’re actually on teamspeak doing nothing, so basically they’d rather sit there doing nothing than play your game.

Anet needs to sort it out. I got my personal story done, my 100% map completion and my armor/weapons/jewels everyting are end game. I’ve ‘completed’ PvE in this game in about 3 weeks+.
I’ve played so many other MMORPG’s in the past, yet none of them was so dead end-game PvE wise as this game. Even WvW gives me nothing. The badges give me really ugly weapons and armor, which I don’t need, as getting a level 80 exotic armor set and weapons takes about a week. I’m a bit ocd about finishing my chars as well (was really fast to get 100% world :p), I want the best stats, the best looks etc for my char, but in other game’s they’re so hard to achieve, so I just keep playing and playing for years even. GW2 however, I’m basically done.

I realize legendary weapons are availabe to craft, but IMO they’re too hard, a bit too hard and time consuming, I like the all conecpt etc, but for me it’s too much. Especially if the staff looks like a white stick with rainbow glows, and I’m a necromancer.

Yeah…I’m trying to keep myself in the game. I have faith Anet pulls it together.
I’m thinking of finishing all story modes on dungeons and explorables maybe. Then maybe kill 500+ of each mob type for the achievements hahaha…yeah that’s what it has come down to for me. Pretty bad, pretty bad indeed.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Trakarg.2095

Trakarg.2095

You don’t want the dungeons to feel like a grind… So you make the grind longer? Lol. Your changes and goals don’t match, Anet.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

People are still spamming Magg path just for the tokens now. They don’t care about the exp or money. And you can still do it in less than 20 min. Even though if you do another path, that’s just still only 13 silver and a measly exp, so that’s not worth the time. SO Yeah, patch didn’t really made much change except make us poorer. Unless if you do the same path over and over again, you start getting no tokens

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

You don’t want the dungeons to feel like a grind… So you make the grind longer? Lol. Your changes and goals don’t match, Anet.

Problem is they are punishing players who are drinking the optional grind coolaid.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Collects.4261

Collects.4261

Ok I am here as well and feeling rather upset at this Anet.

Dungeons where already broke before you made your changes (which feels to me like you let your 4 year old son just randomly smash buttons and called it day or you had NO internal testing).

Broke from the knights in TA who can 2 shot you to downed state to the ridiculous amount of hp some trash mobs have and broke to the point where i have grenadiers in
SE spawning on us on BOTH bosses (golem&ferg). The broken CoF routes (infinite crystal regen anyone)

The dungeons where already broke and you just made them worse.

So now i am a lvl 80 with mists (really not into that sorry), WvW (we own every location on all maps), Dungeons (Most routes broke already and now you broke viable ones) and orr farming and grinding for drops/events.

I really don’t understand what your doing i really don’t. Its a shame to see the next big game ruined by stupidity and gross miss management like all the other games before it.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: crismuno.4210

crismuno.4210

There’s a whinefest about your explot-nerf at Citadel of Flame fashion season but in the facts is that devs pumped a bit the token gaining of 2 more chest ( 10 token ) per run.

Be happy

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Prosephonie.9036

Prosephonie.9036

Ill just post it in here then go and post it on gamestop. After these changes the game isnt worth the money you pay for it.

Dungeon Updates

Nebilim.5127

So basically, “Bad players” are upset because they can’t beat content. Lets face it, I am not more special than you. I likely have a similiar IQ to you. The only reason you can’t beat these dungeons is because you refuse to better yourself and instead choose to cry.

Casual players, like myself, can actually beat these dungeons. I have an hour or 2 a day to play them and I expect to get my full set within 2 weeks…..2 weeks bros…..including 4 hours on the weekends. You guys seriously want to just clear the top unique cosmetic rewards in 1 week? Thats asinine, you would just be stuck doing nothing. Not to mention the rewards would no longer be unique.

TL:DR – You aren’t casual, you are bad. Learn to progress and get better. You are capable and you most likely don’t have a severe mental handicap. Stop being lazy and stop crying.

We are not complaining about the difficulty. It is just the rewards. There is no point in doing dungeon anymore, unless you REALLY want that skin. Otherwise, time and money waste.

I just got 80k xp and 13 silver on my FIRST run on CoF. That barely paid the expenses of the armor fix. Drops? All blues.

As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Aesalon.5402

Aesalon.5402

The diminishing returns are definitely NOT working as Jon described. I just finished the CoF exp mode for the first time in the past 20 hours (after having to reset it 4 times and go through 2 different groups because ppl got frustrated and quit) and I received 6 silver as the dungeon reward while others received 26. So, do you mean to tell me that since I completed that path last night nearly a full day ago that I got shorted 20 silver and it’s intentional? Did you test this stuff??!!

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Kanki the Techno Fox.2609

Kanki the Techno Fox.2609

The game designers do not want you to do the dungeon over and over again in rapid period of time. Perhaps they want you to get the full armor set in, say, over 3 months of play, playing for a few hours a week. The rapid repeating penalty is probably to discourage players from rapidly doing a dungeon over and over. However, punishment is never a good answer, and thus the backlash from the player base, who doesn’t want to be punished.

tl;dr they want you to do the dungeon casually once in a while, not 9 times per day over a few days.

And that completely defeats the ideal of their play how you want aspect that was intended in the game. That’s most certainly not true anymore, and that’s why people are upset.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

^ Just like Blizzard, telling their players how to play.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Prosephonie.9036

Prosephonie.9036

The game designers do not want you to do the dungeon over and over again in rapid period of time. Perhaps they want you to get the full armor set in, say, over 3 months of play, playing for a few hours a week. The rapid repeating penalty is probably to discourage players from rapidly doing a dungeon over and over. However, punishment is never a good answer, and thus the backlash from the player base, who doesn’t want to be punished.

tl;dr they want you to do the dungeon casually once in a while, not 9 times per day over a few days.

And that completely defeats the ideal of their play how you want aspect that was intended in the game. That’s most certainly not true anymore, and that’s why people are upset.

Play how you want…… As long as we allow it.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: vinak.3497

vinak.3497

perhaps the worst possible thing a game company can do is make dungeons and end game content less appealing. I first heard about these changes in game with people commenting on how nobody is doing dungeons anymore. seriously doesn’t bode well for a person looking forward to doing said content on a new character.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

So many whiners. All they are doing is making it so people can speed-run the SAME thing over and over again. If you run even ONE different one every other time, and you spend an 61 min doing them both, then you will never see a difference.

So start looking at your second favorite place to grind and grind it on rotation. Big. Kitten. Deal.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

^ Just like Blizzard, telling their players how to play.

Right?? I mean I want to be able to FLY! ANET WHY YOU SO OPPRESSIVE!

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Duban.5082

Duban.5082

last night I was able to run CM for the first time. I was so stoked I got 33k for a run (im mid-40s). I was looking forward to doing it more today.

First run: took longer we noticed with the harder mobs and I got…1.6k xp?? How is that even possible??

Ok well maybe that was just a bug. Lets go do AC guys. 1 hour later, 1.6k xp again???

This is ridiculous.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Amlin.6041

Amlin.6041

I think what Anet should’ve done was given Story mode their own set of unique looking gear. Taking WoW as an example with the 10-25 man, people want to run instances, it’s what keeps players playing pve endgame. But not everyone is willing to put in the time or effort into doing the harder versions.

Anet needs to realize that you can’t nudge these people into doing Explore mode with any real measure of consistent success. All it does is cause frustration from both the players that want to experience content AND get exotic gear with more skilled players who can put the time in.

(edited by Amlin.6041)

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Duban.5082

Duban.5082

This absolutely cannot be working as intended.

Dungeon Updates

Honestly, I really dislike the token system in general with these dungeons. Would’ve liked it better if they stuck with how you obtained prestige armor in GW1 with crafting materials/gold. At least then we would have more choice on where we want to farm.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

Game is completely pointless now. Sorry that I don’t actually want to grind? I’m not going to spend 3 hours a night just for 20 tokens from ANY dungeon. It was fun doing CoF feeling like you’re actually doing something to further your progress now this game is pointless. I’m not going to ever progress in this game further then I am unless I sit here and grind like crazy! It is so boring now and just frustrating! You die so many times no matter what and expect to pay DOUBLE what the money reward is at the end, what is the point in that?!

The only “fun” part of the game now is WvWvW and sPvP but I don’t like either of those! So goodbye GW2 I waited 5 years for nothing.

Dungeon Updates

So many whiners. All they are doing is making it so people can speed-run the SAME thing over and over again. If you run even ONE different one every other time, and you spend an 61 min doing them both, then you will never see a difference.

So start looking at your second favorite place to grind and grind it on rotation. Big. Kitten. Deal.

Obviously you haven’t been reading people’s responses >.>

People who are still taking about an hour to complete runs AND doing different dungeons are still seeing the exp/gold nerf.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Pokerjoker.7246

Pokerjoker.7246

FINALY!!! I have been waiting so long for something like this to happen. Now I can perhaps get some players with me in other dunguens! about time. Thank you!

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

You fail to realize that GW1 was brought up on speed runs, that was the actual fun part of it. If ArenaNet would of paid attention to what their fan base liked then they would know that speed runs are FUN and that’s what everyone enjoyed doing. I enjoyed seeing how fast I could do FoW or The Underworld and having the possibility of getting an amazing drop from the chest at the end.

But now it’s “Spend an hour running around all the time and dying nonstop just to get 20 tokens and some pocket change.” That is not fun. This game is not for the casual gamer once you hit 80. It’s for the gamer that wants to spend hours upon hours grinding for nothing.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

FINALY!!! I have been waiting so long for something like this to happen. Now I can perhaps get some players with me in other dunguens! about time. Thank you!

LOL. Not likely. This change has made all dungeons less desirable. You’re simply going to see less people playing dungeons period rather than people focusing on a particular one. It now costs more to waypoint in and repair during a dungeon than you actually receive as a reward.

Dungeon Updates

Nebilim.5127

Actually it is the contrary. ALL paths are nerfed in rewards, if you repeat the same path you are only going to get even more less reward. So you get 14 silver first time and 5 silver the next. So yeah nothing much to lose by repeating them considering the other paths are going to take 4 times longer on a slightly better reward.

Anet is actually encouraging people to do less dungeons considering the rewards are only 1/3 of what’s used to be.

(edited by Nebilim.5127)

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: DarthBlazer.1237

DarthBlazer.1237

The people who have full flame legion sets are now laughing very hard.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Roger Smithee.4730

Roger Smithee.4730

You want to penalize us? Fine.

1. Increase the difficulty, keep the rewards the same or increase it. Some will whine, but most will enjoy it. Feeds the egos of purists, sets a bar for the the others. Players are motivated!

2. Reduce the rewards to a certain degree, keep the difficulty. Some will whine, but most will accept it. Anyone with the slightest foresight or experience in the genre will play the victim card, but let it slide eventually as time and again has proven. Players move on to greener pastures etc.

Penalize both? Who in their bloody right mind…The patch literally took what players were accustomed to, looked forward to and “enjoyed” and broke it over its knee.

You don’t do that nowadays anymore. You make the other paths more attractive, make them exciting and equally efficient.

One simply does not go “Aw, shucks. You could stilllllllllllllll do it! I guess. If you want. Technically. Maybe. Despite all the difficulty hikes. Lessened rewards. Super-inflated numbers”. No one is convinced at all, least of all the perpetrators from what I can tell from the posts.

Random Facts of Life:
People like to be coaxed into doing other things, not forced to.
People don’t like to be told what to do, directly or indirectly.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Porian.3508

Porian.3508

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

Won’t be entering a dungeon for a while. Hope the challenge vs aggravation scales tip more in favor of the difficult yet fun (and possible) (and non-buggy) side.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: crismuno.4210

crismuno.4210

Actually it is the contrary. ALL paths are nerfed in rewards, if you repeat the same path you are only going to get even more less reward. So you get 14 silver first time and 5 silver the next. So yeah nothing much to lose by repeating them considering the other paths are going to take 4 times longer on a slightly better reward.

Anet is actually encouraging people to do less dungeons considering the rewards are only 1/3 of what’s used to be.

what ? during the last patch they buffed token gain and the " NERFED " way now is the same token amout as reward before

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: jeno.6435

jeno.6435

i would like to see a video where in you can finish cof magg path and specially the defence room, like show us your tactics, gears, time consumed and your ohh sooo good team work and how many times you died and how it can still be profitable and fun to the point where you don’t spend more than what your rewarded for finishing the whole run…

seriously its stupidly insane to increase difficulty and at the same time lessen the reward..

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Xenile.3165

Xenile.3165

Quick question.. Did you guys (ArenaNet Team) try the changes you did? I mean did you run the dungeon yourselves and finished it? I just did CoF couple mins ago, Magg became so dumb that he had to attack mobs that he wasn’t suppose to attack during the magmacyte. You have to kill what he is shooting at before he continues to follow. Then after you kill the target, he runs back to the same spot where he dies. Happened 3 freaking times. Then comes the protection part. Man that event was so crazy! I mean you can’t kite them, you can’t kill them.

If ArenaNet has finished the Magg option with the nerfing they did with it ( show some proof ) I will stop my whining and support them. But as of now that was the dumbest thing I ever saw.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Bedevere.9128

Bedevere.9128

Yes, the dungeons are possible to do, some of them with out even dying a single time, but
I shouldn’t have to kitten number crunch to just be able to complete a dungeon!!! I should be able to get a pug and go run the dungeon! We wont be able to do it with out dying but we should at least be able to complete it without dying 20+ times! Also a lot of people are saying that we just need to learn how to dodge, I’m all for that, there is a game called Vindictus where if you don’t know how to dodge you’re kitten. However they have some things GW2 doesn’t have at the moment, and that includes being able to actually see your enemy when your in melee combat, and being able to dodge more than just twice in a row before having to wait 5+ seconds to dodge a second time.