Dungeon Updates

Dungeon Updates

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: theeagleeye.7693

theeagleeye.7693

My only concern is the sheer repetativeness of dungeon running.

I want:

x2 Swords
x1 Greatsword
x1 Staff

All from Twilight Arbor. The total token cost is: 1380.

A single run, yields 30 tokens with diminished returns if you complete all 3 to 20.

If I obtained the maximum tokens each time, I would need to undertake 46 runs.

Is that a lot? Probably, especially when there are only 3 routes. But, if you look at it from the perspective of doing all 3 paths once per day, taking 46 days isn’t a huge amount…

Still, it is agonisingly repetative.

This is more of a personal issue. Such things should be expected if you want too many things from one dungeon. The same way if a person wants to collect all the weapons and armor pieces from a single dungeon, he/she should be prepared for the long trek.

Some must fight, so that all may be free!

Fort Aspenwood

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Mintyfresh.2539

Mintyfresh.2539

Listening to the players playing the game is important, didn’t many people said that dungeons are too hard to pass?

Apparently, they were kittenin’ oblivious to the thousands of posts about how imbalanced dungeons were.
Probably my last post here. I’ll probably pvp and just do some basic kitten in the game but as for my overall passion of dungeoncrawling in a game, this is not the game for it. I rather pay for a game on a monthly basis than go through the absolutekitten custerkitten that randomly takes place in GW2 dungeons.

Hell, good luck if you go in some dungeons with less than two guardians…

“Religion. It’s given people hope in a world torn apart by religion.”—Jon Stewart

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the token boost! : D
This will make the armor grind a ton more bearable, while still having a good level of effort required. I think my guild is planning to possibly start working on Sorrow’s Embrace tokens soon, the armor is awesome (especially the light armor shoulder pads, my favorite piece of armor in the game thus far!).

@Mintyfresh: They are definitely challenging and require a high level of coordination, particularly AC and CoE in my opinion (those Inquest Insurgents are cruel!). They are definitely doable though, you just have to learn the proper strategies. If you played GW1, there were many, many missions that were just as difficult, if not moreso. It’s just ANet’s way of crafting games, they’re no walk in the park. We don’t have a single Guardian in our regular group though, and we get through just fine.

Our typical lineup:
Human semi-defensive Warrior
Human AOE Elementalist
Sylvari support Elementalist
Asura support/conditioneer Engineer
Asura “Minion Bomber” Necromancer (me)

Hoopa doopa.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Shy Of Day.7259

Shy Of Day.7259

I dont even want to do a single dungeon now.. With no Rewards at all, wow you get some useless blues. maybe a green from killing a BOSS that i can pull off a mob in 3 secs outside the dungeon.. what the hell is Anet doing…. i was amped over the explorable modes for the pure reason that they were hard and if my group killed a boss then we would actually be rewarded with something (the 5 tokens) now if we kill 2 bosses and have a hard time on the last we get NOTHING.. not even a gold wepon or piece of armor.. WTF are you doing to this game Anet

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Jack Angelfoot.2697

Jack Angelfoot.2697

Wow. Gotta say I’m more than a little disappointed. Not a single rebalance to the dungeons? Just exploit closures.

Yeah, the tokens are nice for the pros who actually get them. But for those of us who can only play 2-4 hours a night (extra on the weekends) beating these things will probably never happen. So what’s the point for us?

ArenaNet, is this a statement that casual players (less than 30 hrs weekly) should just avoid dungeons? Is it a pro-only area?

I am confused, I though you said you were going to fix dungeons.

- Jack Angelfoot -

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

@Shy: There’s a chance of a yellow drop from both bosses and boss chests. If you have a guildmate that has the Cooking profession, they can make food that gives boosts to your Magic Find. There’s also boosters from Black Lion chests if you’ve gotten lucky with key drops. Guilds can also provide temporary Magic Find buffs with the reputation points. It makes a world of difference.

@Jack: The wife and I only run dungeons for 2-3 hours with the guild on the nights we can all get together to do them, and we still manage. What are the problems you’re hitting specifically?

Hoopa doopa.

(edited by RileyTheRad.8542)

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Meowskies.9867

Meowskies.9867

Can the diminished returns be a top concern? I am tired of getting 1/2 of what I should be getting. I get 30 out of 60 tokens for the 1st dungeon of the day, 13 silver opposed to 26, and even though exp does not matter to me, get 50k as opposed to 100.

It has been the same way since I 1st started playing, and doing dungeon runs, and even though I enjoy doing them, I’d like to at least get the same amount others get. It gets boring grinding gold for exotic gear, and I’d like to be able to get some dungeon gear.

Thanks.

Dungeon Updates

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

We will be locking this thread soon to divert posting of the new patch notes to this location:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Patch-Discussion-9-25-1/first#post248216

Thank you.