Fix the Twilight Arbor Forward/Up Path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

Well managed to finish it this night. We failed at first try and instead bursting it to dead we died instead. I jumped in the middle and run in circles taking the most of spiders and doin` a moderate dmg , while the rest of my party stood out at the passage and ranging it from there. Ofc they got some spiders too, but was a reasonable number and after killing them they were able to fire the tree again. Was like 15 minutes or so , but worked. Used my guard to run in circles with soldier runes and and shouts for speed and immo remove and when Oh S**t moment came in Renewed Focus saved me. Probably not the best way and can`t compare with bursting way in the very first seconds, but hey, it worked.

Posted by: Ezat.1548

Ezat.1548

fix it please anet~ we love you guys some much but we no no receive some love for TAFU

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I did TA F/U yesterday with 3 guys that had basically never done TA and it went pretty smooth tbh.

They needed to get used to some of the encounters, but we started with Up, where the end boss was kind of clunky, but I started there on purpose, so people would get used to the endboss.

F/F went clunky as well, because of the bubble thing and people not knowing how it worked. Leurent was a pushover though.

Basically 2 manned the Husk and 3 manned Vevina, and the end boss of F/U went just splendid. It died in like 40-50 seconds, which is actually kind of slow for the setup we had.

Team setup: 1 Guardian (me, the only exp person in TA), 2 warriors (one of which kind of knew TA), 1 thief and 1 elementalist.

I was the only one with reflects.

L2P

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

We did this path 2 days ago for one of our guild member that missed it for dungeon master title. He didn’t manage to get this path done in PUG.
We had one guardian (knight gear), two warriors (soldier and zerker), one elem (condi gear if i’m not mistaken) and me as a mesmer (zerker). I had linked them a video of LOD doing this boss naked (thanks for this vid btw, really helpful).

It went really well, elem was staking might, I doubled the stacks with signet then time warp, warriors put vuln on boss. By the time the first spiders spawned the boss was already quite low and we had our reflective skills ready.
I can understand that this boss may be challenging in pugs because it requires a bit more coordination or communication than other boss but it’s nowhere near impossible.

The only thing that should be fixed is the spiders not vanishing after a wipe, the boss is fine aside from that imo.

Bright.9160

We did this path 2 days ago for one of our guild member that missed it for dungeon master title. He didn’t manage to get this path done in PUG.
We had one guardian (knight gear), two warriors (soldier and zerker), one elem (condi gear if i’m not mistaken) and me as a mesmer (zerker). I had linked them a video of LOD doing this boss naked (thanks for this vid btw, really helpful).

It went really well, elem was staking might, I doubled the stacks with signet then time warp, warriors put vuln on boss. By the time the first spiders spawned the boss was already quite low and we had our reflective skills ready.
I can understand that this boss may be challenging in pugs because it requires a bit more coordination or communication than other boss but it’s nowhere near impossible.

The only thing that should be fixed is the spiders not vanishing after a wipe, the boss is fine aside from that imo.

Good job on actually trying to strategize in order to tackle a difficult boss instead of coming on the forums and complaining about how it’s impossible to do the boss.

There should be more people like you and your guildies. “Well, this boss takes some strategy to take down, let’s see what our options are and let’s try them.” is a lot better of an attitude than “Well, we didn’t get this boss the first few times we tried with our terrible team setup, while refusing to use game mechanics that help against this boss, let’s just go complain instead of adapt and try to overcome a challenge.”

The little bolded part made me cringe a bit though. I know condi damage is equally viable on the end boss, it’s just terrible everywhere else…

Just out of curiosity, did you get him on your first try?

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Sabyne.6329

Yep first try, we were quite happy about it, especially after reading the multiples thread about the path on this forum. ^^
Most of us knew the boss already but had not done it again since the patch and we used to do it at range at that time.

Well I know condi gear is not optimal but he enjoys to play this way. Aside from that he plays his ele quite well and makes good use of his fire field to provide us might stacks which is already better than a lot of player I have seen in this game. We’re a small guild with players that plays quite a lot but we’re not dead serious about it either and I would never blame anyone in my guild for not using zerker gear as long as they’re friendly and willing to follow instructions, switch utilities and traits when needed.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

TA is high on the list of dungeon candidates as our permanent dungeon revamp/updates begin to start back up again as themes for some of our living world releases.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Good to hear that you guys haven’t completely given up on dungeons.
Hopefully.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Today is a good day.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

If I may ask, Colin, is TA the highest on that revamp list? And, if not, which dungeon is?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

It worked!

/15char

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Did a dev just respond to a thread in the dungeon forum? and it was a TAFU thread! O.O mind blown

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Did a dev just respond to a thread in the dungeon forum? and it was a TAFU thread! O.O mind blown

That’s my reaction as well…

It’s probably been months since a dev posted in this subforum about something that wasn’t regarding bugs issues or how devs read through the dungeon subforum just don’t post (and even those were extremely rare).

At any rate it’s nice to actually see the lead content designer posting in here.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

Hallelujah! We’ve not been abandoned!

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

TA is high on the list of dungeon candidates as our permanent dungeon revamp/updates begin to start back up again as themes for some of our living world releases.

Someone pinch me! I must be dreaming! CJ! Is that really you?! o.O

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

Just wanted to hop in and say that we completed it yesterday. Party composition was warrior, mesmer, guardian, elementalist (staff), me as berserk necromancer. Nuking the tree down as fast as possible seems to be the key, while reflects and condition management keeps the spiders at bay. Still, I can’t wait to see some modifications done to it, as the amount of spiders is too kitten high.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

Bright.9160

First of all, lol for posting in a TAFU thread…

Second of all, and more importantly, when the dungeon revamps hit, are you actually going to adjust the gold rewards for them according to their relative difficulty, or are you keeping the newly implemented lazy system.

Also, is there any incentive to change the dungeon token DR? Maybe add 40 tokens to a path and 20 to the daily instead, so that running different paths is better, but there is still some incentive to redo paths on different characters?

Posted by: phiplayer.2865

phiplayer.2865

I hope devs will re-do Arah explo adding dead Zhaitan body, as we have seen in trailers.

Attachments:

Ranger pet needs mechanic changes.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Aka: if we ever do a silvary LS we might think to drop few ppl to fix TA. Like AC. 7 months ago.

Yeah…

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Oh, a dev replied, it only took 38+/- threads (37+/- from wukulin’s list + this one)….
I keep remembering the shawshank redemption when andy dufrene said “They can’t ignore me forever,”
Still, good to know we have not been completely abandoned… yet
Would be nice idea if they put scarlet or w/e her name is into TA when they revamp the path, devs keep saying they don’t want a change that doesn’t make sense story wise, so they might make it something like “When scarlet failed the invasion she went to TA for protection,” something like that, and and they can make the F/U path about a team stopping scarlet’s plan of making a huge army and stopping her from beginning another invasion thingy.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

sorry for being a noob in this instance, never bothered with TA except months ago a few times. when did the tree boss change? when I did it we just ranged him from a safe distance. it was boring but only a few spiders ever came near and could be killed easily, so the whole fight was only a question of time and I just assumed there would be a better way for more coordinated groups but at least every pug was able to range him. I recently wanted to do TA again for fun but after all the threads I’m a bit hesitant without knowing what exactly has changed.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

All the spiders aggro and swarm you even if you dont hit them. So ranging isnt an option unless the whole group dodges the spider spawns perfectly.

Aireroth.7596

sorry for being a noob in this instance, never bothered with TA except months ago a few times. when did the tree boss change? when I did it we just ranged him from a safe distance. it was boring but only a few spiders ever came near and could be killed easily, so the whole fight was only a question of time and I just assumed there would be a better way for more coordinated groups but at least every pug was able to range him. I recently wanted to do TA again for fun but after all the threads I’m a bit hesitant without knowing what exactly has changed.

As spoj said, you easily get overwhelmed by spiders. And since ranged damage is generally lower compared to melee, the best bet would be to go full melee and just nuke the tree down before too many spiders spawn.

And you have to do it in one go, as the spiders don’t despawn (from what I’ve read).

Oranisagu.3706

ah, so they created one large aggro-group for all spiders, where it used to be multiple small groups which were aggroed seperately (and of course only the nearest one as well as those accidentally hit by an aoe or bouncing projectile) – that definitely would make ranging no longer an option ;-)

do only reflects not work or projectile destroyers as well (untraited temp curtain/warden, smokescreen, guard shieldbubble)?

spoj.9672

All projectile blocks/reflects work. The problem is that the silver mobs dont fire projectiles, they attack in melee range. So if you take too long to kill the tree even with reflects, you could end up getting overwhelmed by silvers. You only need power as a main stat and a fair amount of damage modifiers in traits to burst the tree down pretty fast under reflects though. Make sure those who are reflecting wait until the tree is close to half hp, burning them early is pointless as it takes a while for the spiders to start spawning.

Aireroth.7596

ah, so they created one large aggro-group for all spiders, where it used to be multiple small groups which were aggroed seperately (and of course only the nearest one as well as those accidentally hit by an aoe or bouncing projectile) – that definitely would make ranging no longer an option ;-)

do only reflects not work or projectile destroyers as well (untraited temp curtain/warden, smokescreen, guard shieldbubble)?

In theory they should work… Didn’t notice what the guardian and mesmer from my crew were doing, as I was busy with Well of Power + pewpew. Reflects worked nicely.

One problem that might occur is the wide angle from which you’ll be bombarded. We were behind the tree and spiders were basically 360 degrees around us.

Oranisagu.3706

All projectile blocks/reflects work. The problem is that the silver mobs dont fire projectiles, they attack in melee range. So if you take too long to kill the tree even with reflects, you could end up getting overwhelmed by silvers. You only need power as a main stat and a fair amount of damage modifiers in traits to burst the tree down pretty fast under reflects though. Make sure those who are reflecting wait until the tree is close to half hp, burning them early is pointless as it takes a while for the spiders to start spawning.

hm.. doesn’t really sound that dangerous, tbh. when playing with my brother (guard) we can get nearly 100% reflection uptime in CoE on the golem – some gets lost due to non-interrupted spins (I hate the new curtain-pull cooldown) and the occasional bad curtain/wall placement or spinning attack against the shield.
so I guess the only problem is dishing out enough damage before too many silvers appear? sounds too easy, I really have to try it again, I assume the fight is harder than it sounds in theory, or there wouldn’t be so many threads =)

spoj.9672

Guardian can open up with WoR and if everyone stands inside it they should be pretty much safe. Use shield of the avenger after wall and then wall again when shield ends. Shouldnt really need anymore than that. But mesmer feedback or swirling winds can make the projectile block/reflect uptime a bit more comfortable.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It’s really not a big deal. There are just people that complain that their group of 5 condition damage signet Guardians can’t beat the tree. They refuse to try any real strategy at all, so they just complain about it here instead.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

First of all, lol for posting in a TAFU thread…

Second of all, and more importantly, when the dungeon revamps hit, are you actually going to adjust the gold rewards for them according to their relative difficulty, or are you keeping the newly implemented lazy system.

Also, is there any incentive to change the dungeon token DR? Maybe add 40 tokens to a path and 20 to the daily instead, so that running different paths is better, but there is still some incentive to redo paths on different characters?

> mfw LoD goes back to mindlessly farming CoE on alts and ignoring every other dungeon.

Attachments:

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

CJ, can you guys make Trahearne the final boss of each TA path?

Brazil

spoj.9672

Give us a title named “Trahearne Slayer” once completing all paths of TA.

Bright.9160

> mfw LoD goes back to mindlessly farming CoE on alts and ignoring every other dungeon.

Or… I could be bothered with doing Arah on multiple characters.

I haven’t done CoE in like a week or more. I usually do AC, CM, TA or Arah.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Do my eyes deceive me, or did a Dev actually post here? What is this MADNESS?!?

Thanks for remembering that dunegon players exist, but “living world”? Are you serious, Anet?
Have desperate cries over innumerable threads not shown you that people obviously find dungeons a more pressing matter than any LS you throw at us?

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Bright.9160

Do my eyes deceive me, or did a Dev actually post here? What is this MADNESS?!?

Thanks for remembering that dunegon players exist, but “living world”? Are you serious, Anet?
Have desperate cries over innumerable threads not shown you that people obviously find dungeons a more pressing matter than any LS you throw at us?

The point he’s making is that dungeon revamps will be tied into Living Story. Meaning that there will be a story tied to the revamp. Not like in AC, where the entire dungeon just magically changed. Instead, something is going to happen in the living story, which will change the dungeons, making it more immersive.

Still want to know if they’re going to change dungeon rewards and token rewards though…

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

>Living Story
>Dungeons

Temporary dungeon revamps.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

>Living Story
>Dungeons

Temporary dungeon revamps.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Brazil

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Isn’t TA one of the better dungeons at the moment? The bosses need to reset and there’s too much skipping but other dungeons have those sorts of problems and more besides. Why aren’t the other dungeons better targets for a revamp?

AndrewSX.3794

Isn’t TA one of the better dungeons at the moment? The bosses need to reset and there’s too much skipping but other dungeons have those sorts of problems and more besides. Why aren’t the other dungeons better targets for a revamp?

TA does have its flaws tho.

End bosses are more or less all the same: DPS race the immobile object. That shuold be first thing to be changed imo, for a “real” boss.

WP’s are still placed oddly – but that is a issue shared across a LOT of DG paths – with the zergrushing in mind.

Some trash mobs could use few tweaks.

But i do agree that TA is not in a bad shape.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

End bosses are more or less all the same: DPS race the immobile object. That shuold be first thing to be changed imo, for a “real” boss.

WP’s are still placed oddly – but that is a issue shared across a LOT of DG paths – with the zergrushing in mind.

Not all end bosses are DPS races. At least not with the same urgency as with tafu. F/F has a illusion cap of 3 and Up path is about positional awareness of mortars.

I think WP situation was much better since the last time they added additional ones. And zergrushing is no longer a very valid strategy with the need to ooc to wp.

AndrewSX.3794

Not all end bosses are DPS races.

Doesn’t change the fact that all the 3 paths ends up with a immobile crit immune boring giant tree.

And zergrushing is no longer a very valid strategy with the need to ooc to wp.

Ofc, but a lot of them are still placed with that in mind. CoE or Arah have some glaring examples of this.

Bright.9160

I’m pretty sure TA was designed with skipping in mind. Unless Anet wants you to fight a bunch of mobs while surrounded by the blossoms.

I think TA is relatively okay, minus some of the waypoint positions. Vevina is still a little bit annoying, and Fyona is a joke, other than that I think the bosses are okay. Leurent used to be more fun when he was an actual challenge though.

I really like the Husk fight though, it’s fairly balanced and engaging. Basically 2 manned it the other day because I took 3 people into TA that hadn’t done it in forever / never done it altogether.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Not all end bosses are DPS races.

Doesn’t change the fact that all the 3 paths ends up with a immobile crit immune boring giant tree.

Cose I didn’t contest the fact that it is? The developers did try to “help” with the situation by allowing condition damage on it. I already treat the tree as a psuedo-construct so the fact that it can’t be crit is normal to me.

If you are complaining that all 3 path end bosses has the same model, I guess I can agree but for me, the interesting bosses have always been the midway bosses ala Vevina and maybe Leurent and Malrona. In the same vein that if I am running Arah, Lupi will generally be my fav encounter.

And zergrushing is no longer a very valid strategy with the need to ooc to wp.

Ofc, but a lot of them are still placed with that in mind. CoE or Arah have some glaring examples of this.

Zergrushing means that you constantly respawning to rush the boss before it has the chance to ooc and regen HP. Or do you have a different definition to Zergrushing?

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

So what they’re saying is they’re adding another Nursery Waypoint? How about Hand Holder’s Waypoint?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Bright.9160

All 3 endbosses in TA being the same model makes total sense, because it’s all about the tree sucking up one of the other bosses and taking their powers…

If you complain about that, I don’t see why you would deem CoE acceptable, where you fight the exact same boss in 3 paths, but he has different skills in all of them, as if the decision you make at the start of the path all of a sudden affects his abilities.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

What about fractals? They are in dire need of a rewards revamp, along with some fixing to certain fractals.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

spoj.9672

What about fractals? They are in dire need of a rewards revamp, along with some fixing to certain fractals.

Id imagine they will be focused on while they are creating the new fractal. So we will probably be waiting a while.

Sabyne.6329

I hope HoTW is high on that list too. Bosses are really boring there.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I hope HoTW is high on that list too. Bosses are really boring there.

I agree. I’d much rather see a HotW rework than TA.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I feel like HotW was designed last minute and no thought was put into it at all.

Brazil