Fix the Twilight Arbor Forward/Up Path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tadz.2870

Tadz.2870

Done today, if you know how to use reflects you will be fine with a little DPS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY4eHjc-FKU&feature=youtu.be

#FreeDolan

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I love how you didn’t even trait for Consecrations, your ele camped Ice Bow way too long, didn’t even bother with FGS until the very end of the fight. Your reflects overlapped way too much. You DPS was pretty bad.

And you still did it, even though you did so many things wrong. Thanks for proving to everyone that they should stop whining.

Congratulation. (yes, only a single one)

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Tadz.2870

I love how you didn’t even trait for Consecrations, your ele camped Ice Bow way too long, didn’t even bother with FGS until the very end of the fight. Your reflects overlapped way too much. You DPS was pretty bad.

And you still did it, even though you did so many things wrong. Thanks for proving to everyone that they should stop whining.

Nothing more I like than a bit of smart aleck before I got to bed. Just a FYI I was running a modified WvW build and the others were running pretty casual builds ( Casual zerkas etc ), we also weren’t on TS/Skype to do proper communications. It really was a showcase of how sloppy you can be and still manage rather easily.

Regards Tadz.

#FreeDolan

Bright.9160

Nothing more I like than a bit of smart aleck before I got to bed. Just a FYI I was running a modified WvW build and the others were running pretty casual builds ( Casual zerkas etc ), we also weren’t on TS/Skype to do proper communications. It really was a showcase of how sloppy you can be and still manage rather easily.

Regards Tadz.

I was genuinely congratulating you, I wasn’t trying to put you down or anything. I was just commenting on how sloppy it was, yet you still pulled it off.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Tadz.2870

I was genuinely congratulating you, I wasn’t trying to put you down or anything. I was just commenting on how sloppy it was, yet you still pulled it off.

Sorry mate, I read it as sarcasm. If you read it from that view its basically ‘you suck but at least you pulled it off’. Just a misunderstanding.
Regards Tadz.

#FreeDolan

Posted by: DoM.8396

DoM.8396

It’s pretty easy unless you fail. Our group failed and even with all our reflects the group would get slammed. Drove me insane….I’ve never seen so much damage get dished out threw reflects. I don’t understand why they don’t make the boss reset once the group fails? Send in your tickets!

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

We run TA every day and its very easy in zerk run. You must simply kill tree before sheld of avenger disappear:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

the last boss is terrible in all 3 paths, especially this one. no amount of elitism and l2p will ever change what was clearly a terrible design decision by whomever created this boss. it will get changed one day “soon”, if you don’t like it don’t do it, if you want your achievement suck it up and get it over with.

Posted by: Ezat.1548

Ezat.1548

I personally dislike the suggestions of class composition of guardian warriors ele and mesmer (zerker and condition builds), it just makes the game geared towards a specific group of people that can finish it but others cant.

What about other classes like rangers engineers necros thieves with different builds? I do agree in some sense we do need a class composition and builds but if we’re just seeing a limited trend of it then congratulation you just made TA f/u the new CoF p1 4 warriors 1 mesmer (or a guardian) build that was once used for gw2’s gold farmers. Many people were rejected for not being zerker warriors, mesmers and guardians.

All I am saying is we need more diversity of approaches, its clear it cant be done by many people, we voice out our concerns but these elitists come and portray us as complainers or whatsoever.. cheers elitists you should accept and understand that there are people in this forum who are probably new players, players who have limited sets of armor builds, players who rarely farm paths but probably go for some other goals like getting tokens for the sake of skin armor/stats.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

What about other classes like rangers engineers necros thieves with different builds?

Engineers and Rangers both have access to reflects, thieves have an absorb. Necro…. well. ANet needs to have a serious look at what utility Necros have access to.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

What about other classes like rangers engineers necros thieves with different builds?

Engineers and Rangers both have access to reflects. Necro…. well. ANet needs to have a serious look at what utility Necros have access to.

Oh oh! I know!

….

FEAR!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I got some reflections that reflections are the answer to everything in pve.

It should be considered an exploit.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Engineers and Rangers both have access to reflects. Necro…. well. ANet needs to have a serious look at what utility Necros have access to.

Oh oh! I know!

….

FEAR!

Malafide finds them quite useful in Ascalon fractal fearing all of the mobs when you’ve grouped them up so the party can cleave them down. The way it demolishes your group’s DPS helps them a great deal.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Did this path the other night with some guildies. It is quite broken, and I noticed that the elitists are out in full force trolling instead of actually helping someone with real advice.

GG guys.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

The definition of elitist seems to be pretty broad these days

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The general rule is if you know what you are doing you are an elitist.

swiftpaw.6397

Did this path the other night with some guildies. It is quite broken, and I noticed that the elitists are out in full force trolling instead of actually helping someone with real advice.

GG guys.

No problem my friend.

Also, do you know when you say the same thing multiple times to people but get ignored repeatedly? People have posted countless videos of this path being completed, showing how it’s done, but the complainers all ignore it because it’s outside their little ‘I play how I want’ box of dreams and rainbows.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

colesy.8490

The general rule is if you know what you are doing you are an elitist.

Nah, actually it’s if somebody disagrees with you then you’re an elitist.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

how much of an elitist am I if I disagree with myself?

Oceanic [LOD]

lunyboy.8672

Using broken mechanics on broken professions to beat a broken fight isn’t “knowing what you are doing,” or even “skill,” it is simply using the SAME strategy to clear all the Pve content.

Let me break it down for you.

Stack.
Reflect.
Burst.
Evade.

Your snobbery about this fight, or any fight in PvE, doesn’t really matter since you solve all of your problems with just these 4 “techniques.”

Can you beat it with Engineers, Necros, and a Ranger? Of course not, because you don’t have the access to those 4 things as easily.

It’s easy to brag when you play easy mode.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

nikaido posted a video of people 4 manning it

videos with no reflects have been done along with other suboptimal things like bad dps

yet it has been done. stop complaining about this path, read the advice that is out there, and learn how to do it.

but i do agree that the tree boss is terribly designed and that the spiders should definitely reset properly after wipes

edit: jesus christ how the kitten is kittenING evading considered a kittenING easy mode tactic? EVERYONE can evade. if you don’t evade you suck, you’re bad and you shouldn’t be kittening complaining about ANY bossfight.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Someone seems angry.

lunyboy.8672

nikaido posted a video of people 4 manning it

videos with no reflects have been done along with other suboptimal things like bad dps

yet it has been done. stop complaining about this path, read the advice that is out there, and learn how to do it.

but i do agree that the tree boss is terribly designed and that the spiders should definitely reset properly after wipes

edit: jesus christ how the kitten is kittenING evading considered a kittenING easy mode tactic? EVERYONE can evade. if you don’t evade you suck, you’re bad and you shouldn’t be kittening complaining about ANY bossfight.

Whoa dude, calm down.

My point is this, you guys all thumping your chest about how this fight is “one of the only difficult fights in the game” and telling people to shut up about this path and “l2p” and it isn’t that at all…

And I went through ALL the videos; they all had reflects or absorbs.

All of them.

Prove me wrong if you like, and get it on video, because what I saw was mostly people just tanking the tree shakes creating the infinite spawn of spiders, and then reflecting all their projectile poison.

colesy.8490

Maybe you should find Nikaido’s naked group then.

Also, I’m pretty sure ranger has reflects, and if you wanted any of the guys here in dungeon guilds to beat it with any whacky class combination you can think up, I’m sure if you ask they’ll record it and show you.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Using broken mechanics on broken professions to beat a broken fight isn’t “knowing what you are doing,” or even “skill,” it is simply using the SAME strategy to clear all the Pve content.

Let me break it down for you.

Stack.
Reflect.
Burst.
Evade.

Your snobbery about this fight, or any fight in PvE, doesn’t really matter since you solve all of your problems with just these 4 “techniques.”

Can you beat it with Engineers, Necros, and a Ranger? Of course not, because you don’t have the access to those 4 things as easily.

It’s easy to brag when you play easy mode.

Whoa ho ho ho, this sounds like a challenge. I’ve got engie, necro and ranger zerked out, who wants to join me for a run?

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

http://youtu.be/S3xKagfVz7E
http://youtu.be/PekHuA9cDJk
http://youtu.be/9WeRmFSVTlI
4 man (posted above)

http://youtu.be/-dzrrONsbqg
no armour

http://youtu.be/2KKrrl-oYFM
no mesmer (but with strong dps so probably doesn’t count)

well, I tried and I don’t think the videos of the no reflect TAFU run are still there, though I and others have seen it (feel free to disbelieve me). the run did use strong burst DPS with FGS but the point is that reflects aren’t the be all and end all for this boss.

with that said, the people who post are not chest thumping in any way (more like annoyed by all the people who post about this path being impossible when it isn’t as long as you know what to do and ignore the abundant video proof out there).

this fight isn’t one of the “only difficult fights in the game”, vevina is probably harder. reflects help a lot (though the spider spawn is dodgable but with a terrible tell) but I don’t think it’s too much to ask of every group since all but 1 class has SOME access to reflecting/projectile destruction skills. even an average group could probably maintain enough reflects to survive and kill the tree with a bit of respeccing and proper knowledge of how to utilise the reflects. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

if anything you can just range the boss and kite the adds/dodge the spawn. I’m not saying that the boss is fine the way it is (spawns could use better tells and the spiders should reset etc.) but people shouldn’t complain about this dungeon just because they don’t bother to spec for proper DPS to kill the tree/reflects/use proper strategies.

(edited by guanlongwucaii.3162)

lunyboy.8672

Maybe you should find Nikaido’s naked group then.

Also, I’m pretty sure ranger has reflects, and if you wanted any of the guys here in dungeon guilds to beat it with any whacky class combination you can think up, I’m sure if you ask they’ll record it and show you.

This is the problem, people don’t understand why feedback and reflect wall (et al.) are broken, OP mechanics in most dungeon content.

Rangers have one reflect, Whirling Defense – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Defense

And their pet Can’t evade the poison from the tree shakes, and also can’t be stowed while in combat.

This dungeon encounter is Broken, capital “B” and being elitist doesn’t fix it. It was poorly designed (as was the dodge roll mechanic) and 0 attention was paid to the profession mechanics used to “beat” it.

Other examples of broken fights vs. profession mechanics: Lubicus vs. well… everything, but esp. Mesmer Feedback and Ele’s FGS skills. Someone posted that a fully buffed Ele could “only” do 125k damage with one skill.

Lolz. Working as intended.

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx106/jsteinz/faceroll30.jpg

Bright.9160

‘I refuse to use game mechanics to make my life easier, and in doing so, I’ll go complain on the forums about how I can’t successfully complete some content that focuses around said mechanics.’

It’s like going to your car technician to complain that you can’t drive faster than 30km/h and when he asks why, you say that you believe that going in higher gears is cheating. It just makes you sound like an idiot.

colesy.8490

Well you see Bright, lunyboy prefers to play how he wants and then when ANet don’t allow him to, he makes moronic complaining posts rather than actually using the appropriate combat mechanics.

lunyboy.8672

‘I refuse to use game mechanics to make my life easier, and in doing so, I’ll go complain on the forums about how I can’t successfully complete some content that focuses around said mechanics.’

It’s like going to your car technician to complain that you can’t drive faster than 30km/h and when he asks why, you say that you believe that going in higher gears is cheating. It just makes you sound like an idiot.

“I refuse to acknowledge that the professions that I play are the only viable option in certain content, and will not under any circumstance admit that said content is unable to be beaten any other way.”

You can call me names if you want, but that doesn’t make my point any less salient. Attacking me instead of refuting my argued position simply shows that you have no rebuttal, just Ad Hominem and a poorly-crafted Straw Man metaphor.

A more appropriate metaphor would be asking the car designer why certain cars s/he makes only go 50 mph, and others go 500 mph, when they are all supposed to function similarly, and being told that it’s “fun” to go 50 mph, enjoy the scenery.

Then I go to the drivers of those 500 mph cars and ask them why my car doesn’t compete on all the tracks available, and being told, “learn to drive.”

“But my car was designed only to go 50 mph, there are no other gears…”

“Not another thread about this, L2D.”

But please, continue with the trolling and the ad hominem, I might even listen if I thought any of you actually could beat it with no guardians, mesmers, or warriors.

Broadicea.8294

Name professions that aren’t “viable” in TA F/U and we’ll make a group to go do it. But when we clear it in your non-viable professions you have to prostrate yourself before the entire sub-forum and admit you’re completely clueless.

lunyboy.8672

Well you see Bright, lunyboy prefers to play how he wants and then when ANet don’t allow him to, he makes moronic complaining posts rather than actually using the appropriate combat mechanics.

Moar name calling… I am so hurt when random rude people call me names behind the safety of their keyboard.

My post was concise and clear about the issues surrounding this content, did you have a counterpoint, or is “moron” the best you can do?

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

This is the only mmo where people complain that they can’t do all content in a decent manner without a balanced party composition that has at least a modicum of reflect (you don’t need a guard to have enough reflect for F/U). In all other mmo requiring a balanced party for some of the higher end content is considered normal. Nobody would complain they can’t do [insert boss with enrage timer] because they don’t have a dps in their party etc.

But in GW2, require any sort of mechanic and suddenly people whine like crazy. They should be able to do all content on the worst build, worst 5 party set up and still be able to get through everything.

We 4manned it on engi/ele (without FGS, and without LH)/war/guard. We could’ve added a 5th as pretty much any class it wouldn’t have mattered, and replacing the war with anything else also wouldn’t have really changed the course of the fight much since it wasn’t really an optimized dps party. The engi or ele could’ve been a thief it wouldn’t have mattered either (thief has smoke screen and strong dps on their own).

Now if you want to succeed with a 5 necro or 5 warrior party good luck but you’re not entitled to succeed with terrible party compos. Well, technically, you can, since this boss can be soloed but kiting while autoattacking at range will take you more time than it’s worth.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

lunyboy.8672

Name professions that aren’t “viable” in TA F/U and we’ll make a group to go do it. But when we clear it in your non-viable professions you have to prostrate yourself before the entire sub-forum and admit you’re completely clueless.

3 rangers, 2 necros. Let me know when you have the video up.

It should be pretty easy for you guys, and if you wouldn’t mind putting up a guide to show how you did it for people who might play these professions, that would be a very nice addition.

Good Luck!

Broadicea.8294

See well that would be stupid party composition to take regardless of what you’re doing. But it would be trivial to include a ranger and a necro in the group.

lunyboy.8672

This is the only mmo where people complain that they can’t do all content in a decent manner without a balanced party composition that has at least a modicum of reflect (you don’t need a guard to have enough reflect for F/U). In all other mmo requiring a balanced party for some of the higher end content is considered normal. Nobody would complain they can’t do [insert boss with enrage timer] because they don’t have a dps in their party etc.

But in GW2, require any sort of mechanic and suddenly people whine like crazy. They should be able to do all content on the worst build, worst 5 party set up and still be able to get through everything.

There is a lot of whining, but most of it comes from the lack of a trinity. I’ve played games with, and I have to admit, I wasn’t excited to play a game without it, simply because it isn’t comfortable to adjust to literally “any” party composition.

But that is the way it is supposed to be in this game, how it is advertised and one of the selling points. The fact that you can say there is a “bad” party composition flies in the face of the entire elimination of the trinity in the first place. But once you have the mindset that there is such a thing as a bad composition and even worse “bad” professions, then the elitism isn’t far behind. As evidence by the responses to people who get frustrated with a fight that is, as I said before, broken.

You CAN do F/U without a guard, but you better have some other reflect skills handy if you don’t want to die horribly.

And frankly, to have people who are legitimately frustrated with a boss mechanic that doesn’t take their profession into account made fun of on the official forum should be a giant red flag for the developers, and ANet in general.

I’m not saying it should be easy, nor am I saying that everyone should be able to faceroll/speed run it, I am saying it should be completable without having to reset the entire instance, and reroll as a guardian.

It is a legitimate gripe that people like to brag/troll/deride because they are bored with living story content.

lunyboy.8672

See well that would be stupid party composition to take regardless of what you’re doing. But it would be trivial to include a ranger and a necro in the group.

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks so much for that response, best laugh I have had today.

GG.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

3 rangers/2necros lol. Way to make it easy. Should have said 5 necros if you wanted to make it a challenge.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It should be pretty easy for you guys, and if you wouldn’t mind putting up a guide to show how you did it for people who might play these professions, that would be a very nice addition.

Good Luck!

So let me see here…… Reflection and AoE Blinds? That will be so hard.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

lunyboy.8672

3 rangers/2necros lol. Way to make it easy. Should have said 5 necros if you wanted to make it a challenge.

Na, chain fear, blinds… too easy.

lunyboy.8672

Good Luck!

OK, so when should I expect the video?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

YouTube: has an engi soloing final boss encounter. This is what happens when bad design meets PuG, you are left to wing it.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Good Luck!

OK, so when should I expect the video?

Before the week ends.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

lunyboy.8672

Here is the aforementioned engineer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W75T8P1fdok

If you are the only person left alive, you don’t spawn as many adds as having 5 (+pets) that can be hit with the AoE shake. If you dodge the AoE, you only have to deal with a normal zerg of spiders all trying to kill you… which this guy didn’t.

Wukunlin.8461

waiting for the 3R2N video

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/th_popcorncat.gif

I think it would be interesting to see out of the 792 possible 5 man compositions, how many of those can comfortably kill this boss in melee

Oceanic [LOD]

swiftpaw.6397

What do you mean you can swim? No one can swim, and how dare you show me how to. What if I wanna swim with elephants strapped on? You’re just a filthy elitist who talks kitten, you cant do it! Show me you swimming with elephants strapped on to your body or I will continue to say swimming in general is impossible!

/Thread logic.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Wukunlin.8461

but you can swim with lead weights on? just need some muscles. Oh wait, muscles = easy mode, my bad.

Oceanic [LOD]

swiftpaw.6397

but you can swim with lead weights on? just need some muscles. Oh wait, muscles = easy mode, my bad.

ok I’ll change it to elephants or something >_>

Wukunlin.8461

I’m now going to make a build called “Elephant necro”

Oceanic [LOD]