Fix the Twilight Arbor Forward/Up Path

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

lovingly crafted for spectators benefit.

more like lovelyboy, ohohoho

OOOOOO… good one! Maybe your mom can put that one on the fridge

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Hey, that’s mean

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Hey, that’s mean

Nobody talks about cookie’s mom like that. She’s a nice lady. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

lunyboy.8672

Hey, that’s mean

Nobody talks about cookie’s mom like that. She’s a nice lady. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Never. I was simply saying that I am sure she is proud of her cookie-wookie…

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Hey, that’s mean

Never. I was simply saying that I am sure she is proud of her cookie-wookie…

I hope you empty a bottle of shampoo into your eyes.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I went back and looked at this for the first time in ages and it is more fierce than before. As I remembered, when the nightmare tree puts its fist down and shakes its back it sends clearly visible cloud of yellow spider eggs into the air. You can’t see individual eggs but you can certainly time a block or dodge based on the tree’s animation. When those eggs hit you they spawn spiders a few seconds later. Unfortunately I was playing a ranger and the pet cannot dodge so lots of spiders spawned whenever the eggs hit the pet or a spirit.

So my assessment is that the favored zerker classes have a variety of options to take the tree down. Rangers and necros have very few options to take this tree down. I also found out again that PuG players refuse to believe they are spawning spiders by their own personal failure to dodge.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

question: across all NA servers, has there ever been 3 power necros and 2 power rangers online at the same time? same question for EU

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

power rangers

hehe

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Gozzo.7380

Gozzo.7380

on EU there is a well known group that is running this comp and wreaks havoc everywhere they go.

I think they call themselves the “The league of extraordinary YOLO”

(edited by Gozzo.7380)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

question: across all NA servers, has there ever been 3 power necros and 2 power rangers online at the same time? same question for EU

lol

Attachments:

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Three necros two rangers aren’t worse?

lunyboy.8672

Three necros two rangers aren’t worse?

Ranger pets can’t dodge the shake, so if they are in the room, more spiders are spawning no matter what the actual players are doing. I felt this was balanced with the fact that someone mentioned the “ranger reflect,” and I wanted to give them a fighting chance to try that reflect in a combat situation.

5 Rangers have very little add management, and 5 necros will cap bleeds on each individual spider lowering their overall DPS, even if they are power builds.

I actually think it is possible to do the path with this composition, I just think it requires some creative thinking and very high level of play that some may be capable of here…

But we are still waiting.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

3 rangers just chain whirling defense after the tree gets to 50% and should be pretty easy. Having 3 necros is probably harder.

lunyboy.8672

3 rangers just chain whirling defense after the tree gets to 50% and should be pretty easy. Having 3 necros is probably harder.

Lol. Whirling defense.

holds breath for video

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

holds breath for video

Keep holding…

Brazil

Broadicea.8294

my fault for writing a check that 5 people wouldn’t show up to cash

lunyboy wins this round

colesy.8490

I just scrubbed my way through TA Up/Up after having not done it in months and being almost clueless to the mechanics.

It obviously needs to be nerfed.

Broadicea.8294

THHHHHEERRRRE ISSSSSS NOOOOO UPPPPP/UPPPPPP

It’s just Up. Sorry bro, pet peeve.

colesy.8490

I type how I want. You filthy elitists trying to make me type correctly.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Perhaps rangers can do it if they repeatedly tell their pet to guard the far end of the corridor?

lunyboy.8672

holds breath for video

Keep holding…

We are at 8 days…

You said:

Before the week ends.

On Sept. 3, 2013 at 19:23.

I would guess if the professions were indeed balanced, you would be able to get a group together and run this in the time period you committed to.

The question now is:

Do you have so few people on your friends list that play either Necros or Rangers seriously that this is difficult to arrange in your busy schedule of forum warring?

Or is it that the people who DO play these classes seriously have told you this is impossible, informed you of how weak the Ranger reflect REALLY is, how ineffective the Necro blinds would be against ever-increasing waves of spiders and that even at range, this would be difficult, if not impossible?

Once again I say, Easy Mode.

GG.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

holds breath for video

Keep holding…

We are at 8 days…

You said:

Before the week ends.

On Sept. 3, 2013 at 19:23.

I would guess if the professions were indeed balanced, you would be able to get a group together and run this in the time period you committed to.

The question now is:

Do you have so few people on your friends list that play either Necros or Rangers seriously that this is difficult to arrange in your busy schedule of forum warring?

Or is it that the people who DO play these classes seriously have told you this is impossible, informed you of how weak the Ranger reflect REALLY is, how ineffective the Necro blinds would be against ever-increasing waves of spiders and that even at range, this would be difficult, if not impossible?

Once again I say, Easy Mode.

GG.

You’ve failed to understand the concept of a troll. Also, it is written: Do not put the Lord your God to the test. I am your God, and if you do not behave, I will throw you into the pit with all of the BHB’s and casuals.

Brazil

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

All baddie and MLG pro dungeon runner talk aside, i have a full berserker/scholar ranger sitting around collecting dust if anyone cares. :^)

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Sorry to inform you Masked Paradigm but gods absolutely blow in this game I think they are far worse then players generally, for more information consult Kormir (Domain of Anguish) Balthazar (Fissure of Woe), and Grenth (the Underworld) sorry they all suck and couldn’t even keep their own crap in order. Have a nice day that will be all.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Sorry to inform you Masked Paradigm but gods absolutely blow in this game I think they are far worse then players generally, for more information consult Kormir (Domain of Anguish) Balthazar (Fissure of Woe), and Grenth (the Underworld) sorry they all suck and couldn’t even keep their own crap in order. Have a nice day that will be all.

Into the pit with you, then.

Brazil

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

your pit has to be deeper than the pot hole in the parking lot. RAWR that 1/4 of an inch deep pit cant contain me, Sorry couldn’t resist

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

your pit has to be deeper than the pot hole in the parking lot. RAWR that 1/4 of an inch deep pit cant contain me, Sorry couldn’t resist

What happened to:

Have a nice day that will be all.

Brazil

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Here’s my view on this topic:

There are 2 types of dungeons atm:
1. Pug friendly
2. Pug Buster

TA f/u is definately a Pug Buster dungeon, im sure we have established that by now. But the question now comes up, should all dungeons be Pug friendly?
The answer is NO!

Majority of the players who are having an issue with this path are running this with pugs and are going to fail unless they have some good players in their team.

If you are having problems with a dungeon or content, join a guild that specializes in that, everyone is capable off joining up to 5 guilds….If you are still unable to beat it then join a better guild.
Some will obviously argue, well I dont like to be “Social” or join a guild, well then guess what, you need to a do a pug-friendly dungeon path such as cof p1.

If your objective is to get the dungeon master title then join a Guild that does dungeons on a dialy basis and you will find that all dungeon paths currently are quite easy.

The only thing Anet needs to address now is the reward, all “Pug Buster” paths need to reward 1.5 – 3g based on the amount of difficuly, length and organization required.
A nerf of difficulty is not needed.

Posted by: otherleft.2478

otherleft.2478

Finally managed to complete this today. 2 guardians circle kiting and wanding. Warrior/Necro/Mesmer ranging. Took about 10 mins. Tried at range and face tanking with poor results. Group was a PUG. Our ranger gave up and a necro subbed in after a few tries.

The boss is truly a PUG buster.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Sounds like you had a really great pug.

Brazil

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I had a pug yesterday to test this path. It was ele, two engies, my longbow/eagle eye/sword/axe ranger, and a guardian. You’d think we’d have 25 stack might, fury, and decent reflection uptime with environmental weapons. No, that’s too hard. Stacking boons is too hard. Stacking on a boss for melee destruction is too hard. And killing all the waves of spiders and following directions is too hard. Taking a garbage wvw build instead of a self respecting pve spec is too hard. Oh ya, it’s the ranger’s fault! >_<

“Don’t judge me for taking a bunker condition spec into a dungeon where stuff kills you if you take too long…” <—- those redditor type PUGs haven’t a clue what they’re talking about. Of course, it was a group full of sub 2000 achievements and no mini liadri’s. what was I expecting? At that level, most players only have enough experience to win with GG faceroll professions like warrior or guardian. Guardian: easiest profession, most OP in pve, but, hey, it’s “well balanced”.

For the love of brazil, stack boons people! Stack boons! And stack vulnerability! THAT is how you win, not by bring a particular profession. Come on, the game has been out for a year! This is crazy! I had an easier time beating this path 6 months ago when we wpuld clear it daily for TA armor. This is crazy! Then you blame the profession instead of yourselves for not knowing how to stack boons. Wow.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I had a pug yesterday to test this path. It was ele, two engies, my longbow/eagle eye/sword/axe ranger, and a guardian. You’d think we’d have 25 stack might, fury, and decent reflection uptime with environmental weapons. No, that’s too hard. Stacking boons is too hard. Stacking on a boss for melee destruction is too hard. And killing all the waves of spiders and following directions is too hard. Taking a garbage wvw build instead of a self respecting pve spec is too hard. Oh ya, it’s the ranger’s fault! >_<

Your group composition should have breezed through it, but your pugs were almost certainly too shy of using the right weapons, utils and going melee. There really is no excuse to not engage this in melee with a guard in the group.

Here’s a low dps example of bursting him down in melee with 4 :
http://youtu.be/9WeRmFSVTlI (haha seems like maarten’s the only one keeping his youtube, the other two PoV videos are down.)

The builds were chosen intentionally. No LH on the ele etc. It was a test for ourselves to see how much optimization you really need to make this comfortable. Fact: you don’t need much. You don’t need those might stacks. You don’t need the ideal dps. Just have decent rotations. The guard was kitten ing and knew nothing of the path, hence why he walked straight into the lifesteal, used wall way before there was any need etc. Still didn’t bring disaster.
Btw you mentioned fury but there is no need for it if you’re just focusing the tree and not going for the spiders since you can’t crit the tree.

Anyhow your insistence on boon stacking really had nothing to do with failure or success on that boss. If 4 people with zero attempt at stacking boons could make it work, 5 with mediocre/average might stacking should breeze through this.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Chopps.5047

Of course youre right nik. But seriously, the entire dungeon I think I capped out at 7 stack might one time. There were literally no boons. I have never seen that before in my entire life.

At the tree, we lost when the one engi kept running in and pulling spiders in the back to the people attacking the tree. Even after we asked him to stop. Then one guy rage quit and it was over.

Chopps.5047

After watching that video, you have to realize we had one zerk ranger and four people in PVT gear. We couldn’t burst down spiders without boons man, not like that. Either anet needs to provide instanced stats or people need to learn that bunker gear makes dungeons harder, not easier.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

PVT does the same dps as Berserker vs the tree. WHICH IS WHY CARRION FTW IN TA BOSS FIGHTS GET ON MY LEVEL

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Chopps.5047

Not against spiders! You have to burst down spiders or else clear all the waves and don’t aggro them. Also, yelling is mean. Stop.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Conditiondamage op in tafu…

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

We just 3 men’d the tree without even attacking, moving, using an afk spot or whatever else, even spiders were already spawned.
Tafu made easy by [rT] coming soon (youtube).

Dub | [rT]

Chopps.5047

Logically that means you reflected. Again, reflection OP, guardian OP, mesmer OP. Am I right? Nothing trivializes content like a good reflect! “Oh I’m so good, guardian and mesmer is so hard to play, gee, this is just so hard! I place this wall here and verything is taken care of for me”

“Guardian is well balanced”

Ya right, you all say that because you all roll guardian. I should roll guardian and just have my cat run on the keyboard on win for me. “First cat dungeon completion brought to you by Chopps”

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Looked like they were doing something on thieves. Im intrigued.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Logically that means you reflected. Again, reflection OP, guardian OP, mesmer OP. Am I right? Nothing trivializes content like a good reflect! “Oh I’m so good, guardian and mesmer is so hard to play, gee, this is just so hard! I place this wall here and verything is taken care of for me”

Ya right, you all say that because you all roll guardian. I should roll guardian and just have my cat run on the keyboard on win for me. “First cat dungeon completion brought to you by Chopps”

Why do you choose to get so upset over a not-serious post? Childhood trauma related to Guardians?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

We didn’t use any reflection/absorption skill.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Chopps is a strange one. Oftentimes I read his posts and I’m like “Oh cool, that’s interesting” or whatever.

And then he says things that just make me want to vomit hatred.

colesy.8490

I thought he was just messing around, then again I’m not familiar with his posting style so maybe I’m wrong.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

You do realize your group composition had enough projectile block/reflection that they didn’t even need a guardian or mesmer? With 1 ele and two engi that’s enough reflect for the duration of the TAFU fight provided that you have enough dps.
A group with decent dps will take 1/3 up to almost half of the hp of the tree before the first wave of spider spawn. So you only need reflect up for the last half. People just drped in the video I linked because you don’t use reflection/absorb until he shakes.

You had the perfect group for this and the group still failed and you felt like going on a tangent about guardians ? Just think about it. You had one swirling winds (which is imho one of the best absorb of the game. In some ways it can be better to have than SoA because it doesn’t die like SoA, and with the right build you can swap a trait in air to reduce SW cooldown.), two smoke/wall from engi’s thrown elixir U, SoA and Wall from the guardian, and you still failed this. You had an amount of reflection that was higher than the amount necessary to keep 100% uptime.

Pardon me if I don’t join you in your woe is me why art guardian so op.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: gescean.4279

gescean.4279

TA is high on the list of dungeon candidates as our permanent dungeon revamp/updates begin to start back up again as themes for some of our living world releases.

It’s nice and all that it’ll get a revamp but I don’t see how changing a couple things to make this path tolerable. Add circles to when the spider eggs are about to drop, make spiders despawn on death; done!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Chopps is a strange one. Oftentimes I read his posts and I’m like “Oh cool, that’s interesting” or whatever.

Sometimes I feel the onset of a brain hemorrhage.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Sometimes I feel the onset of a brain hemorrhage.

He’s really been more on the vomit hatred end of things lately.

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

I’ve made a guide in the german forum. My english isnt too good, so sry for that.
Though this works i’m still not happy it doesn’t with ANY group collocation – at least it didnt for me.

So here it is: 2 Rangers (or more), 1 Tank (Warrior or Guard) and 2 random classes.

Tank to position 1, stay there and dodge the eggs if you have aggro from tree.
One Ranger on middle and the other ranger on right. Do not pass the “line” of the root on the right. Any other class stays on position right and doesnt do anything, except killing spiders if they attack – but also don’t pass the root.
Rangers use longbow and only attacks with key 1+2. Never use key 5, because you could hit the spiders around the tree with aoe.
If Tank doesnt have aggro from tree, position right or position middle has to dodge.
There are two positions for rangers, because if one position misses to dodge, there’s still one left, that can kill the boss – maybe.

It’s important to dodge, because if the eggs hit you many spiders will spawn.

Attachments:

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I wish I could downvote forum posts.

Brazil