Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

dps too high probably so it skipped

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

weird question here. about 3 days ago my group of friends (people that rarely do PvE content) did a level 1 fractal for the daily. When we got the grawl fractal, and got to the shaman, the shaman bugged and only did the bubble phase once. anyone know why this happened?

Someone probably applied Chill to him. The bubble skill has a cool down, and if you have good DPS and perma chill, you can have him only bubble once even at 49/50. Should be much easier at level 1 due to the lower health pool.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Nike is head illuminati.
I am the grandmaster mind brain of the vocal and toxic minority.
Colesy is lady mahariel.
Lindbur is an elitist jaguar.

this woman gets it

also hi guys just came off week suspension

:)

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

A week of vacation for what? O_O

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

So, GemFX… Anyone have any tips on getting it to run on Windows 8.1?

Updated my c++/.net stuff, still getting a message that it’s unable to load sweetfx/gemfx in my logfile and I can’t get the game to load while I have it set up (have to delete the .dlls).

Tried finding info on it but no luck so far.

I wanna make my dungeons look even prettier.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Came back to general discussion ready to argue again but they closed the gear inspect thread!

Thanks Miku for the support though!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Came back to general discussion ready to argue again but they closed the gear inspect thread!

Thanks Miku for the support though!

(y)

Not a single one of them gave any substantial argument to claim why that feature shouldn’t be implemented. It was really annoying to read tbh.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Dum question time!

If I have both superior sigil of elemental slaying and powerfull potion of elemental slaying, will they stack and give me +20%dmg?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Ya but I’m pretty sure it’s multiplicative so 1.1*1.1 if that makes any sense

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Updated my c++/.net stuff, still getting a message that it’s unable to load sweetfx/gemfx in my logfile and I can’t get the game to load while I have it set up (have to delete the .dlls).

You’ll need to have all the stuff in the bin folder unless you launch the game without patch ui.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Well, I learned something new about my preferences yesterday: I realized that I actually prefer to run dungeons with mediocre players that are nice and friendly, instead of with good players that don’t communicate at all and treat you like an npc.

Not a single word in chat all through the run, and not so much as a “bye” before kicking me out of the group once the run was finished … never thought I’d be upset by that so much, but I guess I play this game to play with people. If I wanted no communication I could just as well go back to single player games …

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Well, I learned something new about my preferences yesterday: I realized that I actually prefer to run dungeons with mediocre players that are nice and friendly, instead of with good players that don’t communicate at all and treat you like an npc.

Not a single word in chat all through the run, and not so much as a “bye” before kicking me out of the group once the run was finished … never thought I’d be upset by that so much, but I guess I play this game to play with people. If I wanted no communication I could just as well go back to single player games …

<.<

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I sort of agree (though I guess it would be ideal for it to be super nice good players). One time I had a really awesome fractal 50 pug. You know, the kind with 0 wipes, really smooth, super quick. Every time I tried to initiate conversation or a little bit of levity, I was met with silence. That made me feel pretty awkward, since I’m used to a much more social group and run. I don’t know if I’d wish for a significantly longer run in exchange for more social players but I can say it wasn’t as fun for me.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-is-3-5-people-to-kick-still-in-the-game/first#post4800637

I wonder if we’re ever going to get any kind of straight talk about the kick threshold change that appeared in the patch notes but never put in the game, and then stealth removed from the patch notes.

Or am I just crazy for expecting such basic communication?

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-is-3-5-people-to-kick-still-in-the-game/first#post4800637

I wonder if we’re ever going to get any kind of straight talk about the kick threshold change that appeared in the patch notes but never put in the game, and then stealth removed from the patch notes.

Or am I just crazy for expecting such basic communication?

Nothing to see here, nothing to see here.

We are listening to your feedback

Jerus.4350

You’ll need to have all the stuff in the bin folder unless you launch the game without patch ui.

Yeah, did that, simply won’t load the game (launcher loads up runs the patch but then simply doesn’t load the game up when I hit “play”).

Actually just tried again, and got a different message. Now it said " [06:55:07] Preparing FXAA…
[06:55:07] Unable to load FXAA Shader"

I changed it to no FXAA in configurator, and got the old message. " [06:57:06] Unable to load SweetFX or GEMFX Shader"

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Basic communication is difficult for them. They can’t tell us any details about the vote kick system, because that would obvs spoil HoT.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I wanna liiiive, I wanna giiiive, I’ve been a miner for a heart of thorns…
It’s these expressions I never give, that keep me searching for a heart of thooorns..
And I’m gettin’ old.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

yeah, pretty much my own opinion

i’ve got screenshots of like the most legendary teaching run I ever did (like … a lot of screenshots) and it was legit like the best dungeon runs I have ever done even though the party was pretty bad (on a mechanical level, obviously the instance knowledge would be bad since they were new) and needed massive carrying, but speeding through things with ease with no communication since everyone knows what to do just bores me to tears.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Wow, that speedrun thread.
Anyway, I just realized how hard mai trin was in pug the last few days, I die a lot when I don’t get carried. Time to get good at the game I guess.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Nah, just go nomads shout warrior and tank her.

oxtred.7658

Actually in 2 of my last fractals we had people switching traits and armor without saying a word, a shoutheal ptv war and a cleric water/arcana ele. At least you can’t really die, but it doesn’t make the fight interesting and they could at least warn us, but meh. I just keep dying at the cannon part anyway so can’t complain about people surviving even with tankier gear :P

Taku.6352

Dying at the cannon part is perfectly normal. It’s stupid design with buggy AoE indicators and super horrible for anyone with colorblindness. And if you die the cannon phase you can always relog and hope Ellen is not on her periods or go to another char to get back in the fight.

Or just go engineer and carry the whole thing. :^)

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Dying at the cannon part is perfectly normal. It’s stupid design with buggy AoE indicators and super horrible for anyone with colorblindness. And if you die the cannon phase you can always relog and hope Ellen is not on her periods or go to another char to get back in the fight.

Tips for carrying on engi? I’m pretty bad at this fight too even though I know in theory I should be able to solo.

dlonie.6547

I just stealth in the corner during cannons, because I’m a bad teammate.

oxtred.7658

This behavior destroyed so many potential friendships for me é-é

dlonie.6547

This behavior destroyed so many potential friendships for me é-é

But but but…there’s room in my SR for all of us! We could be stealth buddies!

Taku.6352

Tips for carrying on engi? I’m pretty bad at this fight too even though I know in theory I should be able to solo.

Flamethrower with fireforged trigger and toolkit. With air blast you can reflect every teleportation shot and with toolkit you can pull her into lightning fields and use gear shield to activate her melee attack while inside a field to keep her rooted. +40% condi duration food and keep spamming cripples on her trough 7 shield stacks which makes kiting her easy. Also rifle 4 is good defiance removal and good for knocking her into the field.

I usually run 66002 with an energy sigil so i can take speedy kits for the cannon phase and still have some extra dodges. And because it’s daytime and not really a dps race you won’t lose much by taking energy.

Jerus.4350

Hmm, Never thought to use FT reflect, personally I suck at the timing on that usually, any tips for catching her pistol shot? Hit it as it releases or earlier?

Taku.6352

Air blast reflect starts as soon as you push the button and lasts for about a second so the timing isn’t that accurate.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Havent played in weeks.
Run 1: “p3 experienced berserkers.” Spent a few minutes considering it but said what the heck.

Switch to my thief because I can solo if need be. Switch to bow and ask “stack might?” Guardian uses staff skill. I begin to worry. I say “I meant the ele” Nothing happens for 30s. Eventually everyone starts putting “r” but no one actually moves.
I pull and wait. Guard doesnt drop reflect, ele doesnt use swirling winds, engi doesnt attempt to get wor with lixer. I use elite. Guard doesnt use stability. They get chain kd’d. I gain aggro and pull away from em and we proceed to kill them.

At this point I hate all of them and stealth myself to turrets. As I run solo the engi types “we have thief”. I type “we also have engi” and start the turrets. I stop and clear half the hallway because that is as far as they make it.

1 rushes in without gun and insta dies. 3 others follow suit with guns firing all at the same time and still die.

I just stand there trying to understand how this could happen.

I get kicked.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

So new taunt mechanic skill coming in the expansion. Here comes the trinity? Altruistic tank / healshout war/ dwarven revenant meta?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Put on your thinking caps/tin foil hats, folks, and remember those pitchforks.

War is on the horizon.

And my FC has increased from 20 seconds to 2 minutes for no given reason. No mail or anything. Meh, whatever.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

(edited by Lindbur.2537)

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Omg on mai now with engi so much fun

Taku.6352

:)

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Yeah, flamethrower for reflect on mai sounds like fun, gonna have to try it!

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Thief on Mai is much more fun :>

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

One Note Chord.5031

But I don’t have a thief at 80! I am a very, very lazy leveler.

Sarahfull.4930

O.o interesting, that opens alot of things with the flamethrower. Thanks for sharing that!

In terms of mai’s shot, Ive been dodging it with jumpshot and rocket boots myself =)

Iris Ng.9845

I like elixir gun better, Sarah. The Condi cleanse, weakness and cripple rebuff spamming are just perfect. But again, I run pistol/pistol sinister at Mai. So my experience is different from you guys. You know my group. We always pug 2 slots.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Jerus.4350

I like elixir gun better, Sarah. The Condi cleanse, weakness and cripple rebuff spamming are just perfect. But again, I run pistol/pistol sinister at Mai. So my experience is different from you guys. You know my group. We always pug 2 slots.

. . . you know you could always send me a whisper :b

But yeah, pistol/pistol? curious why? just condi damage or any cool tricks to it that I may not be thinking of?

One Note Chord.5031

Me too! Except I’m not online much. And usually when I’m on it’s ‘cause someone told me to log on to do some dungeons. And I can’t even bring a thief! But still. I’m not much more scrubby than the average pug!

Sarahfull.4930

:s how to word this..

You know that you can use the leap from Acid bomb to dodge mai’s shot.
( sorry if you already know this )

Iris Ng.9845

But yeah, pistol/pistol? curious why? just condi damage or any cool tricks to it that I may not be thinking of?

Just condi. When people tend to drop off after the first or second cannon phase, the condi damage becomes more consistent with one or two people left standing. The immobilization on pistol 5 is quite useful, too. I tend to run 42044 or 24044 for that fight.

And because it is super cute!!! http://youtu.be/-ueHlEl97iI (main reason)

Also, you tend to drift off to the Unknown realm whenever we try to invite people

Iris Ng.9845

:s how to word this..

You know that you can use the leap from Acid bomb to dodge mai’s shot.
( sorry if you already know this )

Yeah, that’s the main reason I take Elixir Gun. The extra benefit makes my preference.

dlonie.6547

Also, you tend to drift off to the Unknown realm whenever we try to invite people

Jerus is the King of the Unknown Realm.

Jerus.4350

>.<

I’ve been doing a lot of tweaking of my new comp, really trying to get this GemFX thing working but not having any luck, so yeah, doing a lot of poping in and out… well then also I never log off, I just walk away when I stop playing

I really need to mess around with condi on my engi more.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

the new profession seems quite interesting.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Can’t wait for a fresh wave of ‘tanks’ and condition ‘pros’ to hit the pug dungeon scene!