General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Anyways I’m looking for a video of an engi p2/p3 solo. Searched on youtube but didn’t find a good one.

Did my first P2 solo in 5+ months just for you bae <3
http://youtu.be/qhm93zOMwbs

Belka can be done less lazily using triple kit + your crate turrets to tank it, but you need to maintain pretty high DPS (expensive food + stacks) else you’ll probably need to out of combat at least once.

Alphard can almost certainly be done much faster using Bombs/Flamethrower/Toolkit or Elixir Gun + Rifle, but I don’t really plan on solo’ing Alphard again soon enough to compare times.

Wow! And I had myself for a competent engi… Amazing gameplay.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: lksaar.8065

lksaar.8065

Anyways I’m looking for a video of an engi p2/p3 solo. Searched on youtube but didn’t find a good one.

Belka can be done less lazily using triple kit + your crate turrets to tank it, but you need to maintain pretty high DPS (expensive food + stacks) else you’ll probably need to out of combat at least once.

Alphard can almost certainly be done much faster using Bombs/Flamethrower/Toolkit or Elixir Gun + Rifle, but I don’t really plan on solo’ing Alphard again soon enough to compare times.

Thanks a lot, learned a lot

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I kittening love these guys in the API CDI. Like, honest answers, straightforward discussion, and real communication. Not sanitized PC bullkitty non-answers, but actual discussion towards a common goal.

Amazing. Didn’t think this company was capable of such things.

That’s because the API program is actually collaborative and community driven, as opposed to normal game content which is a “take it or leave it” proposition.

Meanwhile 99,5% of gw2’s api are absolutely useless. Who the kitten needs an API for item descriptions??? After all there is gw2w with more accurate information.

Well, I do for one. If you want to do anything with the TP data, you need to know what the item ids for everything are. If you want to do queries (e.g. I need all of the item ids for light pants to see if I can salvage any for profit), you’ll need to fetch the item descriptions into a database.

I mean, if you want to just go to the wiki to manually lookup item ids you can, but I like to let my computer do the heavy lifting :P

Accuracy? The data is pulled straight from the game files — can’t get much more accurate than that.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yeah I use the item description to pull the thumbnail and the item ids to cross reference the live market price API. Can’t wait for auth \o/

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Mannnn playing drunk is awesome…

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Just gotta say wow. Mind if I ask how you did the belka thing with the turrets?

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Just blast stealth, run in and and drop a turret and then run behind one of the structures to ensure she aggros on the turret, ideally staying stealthed the whole time.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Just blast stealth, run in and and drop a turret and then run behind one of the structures to ensure she aggros on the turret, ideally staying stealthed the whole time.

Nice, thanks

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

dlonie.6547

Mannnn playing drunk is awesome…

Welcome to my world

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Moar #esportz while waiting for HoT !!!

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

How would you people rate classes’ capability of:

1) creating fire fields

2) blasting fire fields

Positive factors being amount and least impact on actual gameplay. For example blasts finishers on weapons are better than on utilities.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

First day in the office after 2.5 weeks out of the picture thanks to virus flu, I’ve been trying to catch up on the forums. Those trinity/anti-zerker threads that came up with the reveal of the taunt condition somehow made me think back on the good old days when I was still playing LotRO, taking my dps geared/tank specced warden into dungeons with five full-dps friends (champs and rangers ftw). Those were the easy days of dungeon playing … sad thing they destroyed immortal wardens when they rearranged the classes in a later expansion, and turned them back into one-trick ponies.

I guess many of those anti-zerker/pro-trinity people here don’t realize how much easier it is to just be a one-trick pony in a trinity mmo than to juggle all abilities and get the right balance of damage, control and support to match the current content and group composition. I’m certainly not the best player of this game, but I like how there’s still something new to learn and improve in my own playstyle and skill rather than just the hunt for better equipment. Being a jack-of-all-trades and learning to master them all is infinitely more satisfying to me than just being a one-trick pony that does the same thing over and over again.

(edited by Rasimir.6239)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

How would you people rate classes’ capability of:

1) creating fire fields

2) blasting fire fields

Positive factors being amount and least impact on actual gameplay. For example blasts finishers on weapons are better than on utilities.

1/ 10/10 Ele and Engineer, 5/10 Guardian, 4/10 Ranger, 1/10 warrior (honorable mention for the ability to prestack if there’s really no other option than using longbow) 0/10 everyone else.
2/ 10/10 Ele, 7/10 Engineer. 5/10 thief 4/10 warrior (for the prestack). 1/10 guardian (honorable mention for underwater blasting and the meager prestack contrib).
Everyone else: 0.
The way I see it, some classes can have more blast, others can bring some decent fire field, but it always comes at a sacrifice, and almost always is only reasonably usable during prestack, and not in combat (thieves for example.. using SB to blast and being stuck with that for 10 seconds during combat is almost certainly not ever worth doing. A warrior being stuck with his longbow and warhorn? Not even a shred of doubt, useless.).
Ele and engineers shine in their ability to use fire fields without sacrifices. Guardians can bring decent uptime, at the cost of some utilities if they use them solely as fire field and do not keep them specifically for other uses. Ranger is okay if you’re not getting a field from anyone else.

Ele are absolute. They can bring permanent fire field as staff, permanent blasting as LH, or still decently great amount of blast as D/F. Also really strong prestack.
Also, ele are the only ones that also give fury out of blasting fire fields. Truly absolutes.
Guard doesn’t deserve better than 1/10 for blast because hammer light fields are a pain in the * and should only ever be used for prestacking and focus’s cooldown is skyhigh.

There’s a pretty solid hierarchy in there where basically Ele dominates, Engineer is cool, thief and warrior are good prestack and everything else is pretty mediocre.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Moar #esportz while waiting for HoT !!!

Oh man close game

Dat chat tho

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Mesmer 0/10 fire fields 1/10 prefight might stacking (torch).

Snow Crows [SC]

Iris Ng.9845

Necro has 2 blasts and guardian is third best at blasting stealth (low cd, not intrusive
@Steven: I was so sure that we could have lost the game. The wars were farmed hard by the enemy’s pain train and my friend had to swap to engi to carry the rest of the match. We won by killing two beasts tho :p

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Necros blasts are a pain to hit the field unless its a huge circle. I give them 0/10 and 0/10.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

dlonie.6547

First day in the office after 2.5 week … trying to catch up on the forums.

So….I’m not the only one that does this. Makes me feel better xD

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Necro has 2 blasts and guardian is third best at blasting stealth (low cd, not intrusive
@Steven: I was so sure that we could have lost the game. The wars were farmed hard by the enemy’s pain train and my friend had to swap to engi to carry the rest of the match. We won by killing two beasts tho :p

I’ve had some fun ones too.

First one is self explanatory, second one they capped a point just as we killed their Lord and so we still shut them out, third one also self explanatory, fourth one was awesome because we had 3 people down so if any of us were stomped they would have won, fifth one I saw in the lobby and thought of you. High fashion.

Attachments:

dlonie.6547

I’d give thieves a higher rank than Nikaido does for blasting.

I think his reasoning for 5/10 is that you need to keep a shortbow around in order to blast (correct me if I’m wrong?). I’ve found that it’s pretty easy to do this and just swap out s/p, d/p, d/d as needed for the current encounter. Fighting Lupi is the only time I’ll leave shortbow out completely.

That spammable blast finisher should give them at least 8/10 — they do lose a few points since swapping to sb does bring down your DPS for a while.

No surprises there. They really need to hire more people for maintenance. Sure, HoT is a big effort, but that’s a poor excuse to neglect the rest of the game.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Nikaido.3457

My reasoning is that it’s only useful for prestacking and should never be done in combat. Combat in this game doesn’t last long enough to justify swapping to sb and losing a ton of dps in the process (locked in it for 10sec), but it does last long enough sometimes for might stacks to drop before the end of the fight, so if you rely too much on the thief to provide the blasting then you’re not going to have 100% upkeep on might. The score should obviously not even be close to the score of a class that can guarantee the upkeep of might. And that’s only talking about optimized/organized groups, the value of the thief’s ability to blast is close to zero in solo or pugs, compared to a class like ele or engie. 5/10 is fair.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Iris Ng.9845

Cluster bomb provides excellent cleave to the wolves in Mossman’s fractal though.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

so apparently when you kill the endboss of cof p1 to fast you get no daily XP reward #logic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpJjHxTwSk

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I’m really sad that I didn’t have time to troll on the how to handle elitists thread.
So, so sad.
:(
The things I miss!

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Comment:

Do you think you are being specifically targeted with these attacks because of the “controversy” around your builds? Those elitists from the speed clearing community really seemed to hate you, do you think it could be one of them that’s responsible for this?

Anyways, I’m still enjoying your builds and I can’t wait to see what you come up with in the new content

Response:

Well anything is possible… especially since who ever hacked me deleted my characters. I see no logical reason for someone to do that. In this game most people get hacked for their gold and having their character used as a temporary gold seller. Don’t really see how a deletion would benefit the hackers what so ever, maybe they did it just for fun, who knows.?

And so the plot thickens, my vampiric adjutants.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I wonder if the dungeon elitist community hates the rest of the people they hacked in the exact same way so much that they deleted their characters too.

I mean, it’s not like that was common practice or anything.

/s

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Comment:

Do you think you are being specifically targeted with these attacks because of the “controversy” around your builds? Those elitists from the speed clearing community really seemed to hate you, do you think it could be one of them that’s responsible for this?

Anyways, I’m still enjoying your builds and I can’t wait to see what you come up with in the new content

Response:

Well anything is possible… especially since who ever hacked me deleted my characters. I see no logical reason for someone to do that. In this game most people get hacked for their gold and having their character used as a temporary gold seller. Don’t really see how a deletion would benefit the hackers what so ever, maybe they did it just for fun, who knows.?

And so the plot thickens, my vampiric adjutants.

Oh, poor guy, it sucks. ( get it? Vampire, suck huhuhuh, 8/8)

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

He must have some serious computer security issues. Even if hes being targeted theres no way its not due to something on his end. >.>

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

It’s weird how a guy who shows his ID card and credit card on youtube would have his personal information compromised. I ask of you all: do not put two and two together.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

oxtred.7658

I’ll prob get a temp ban for that “lfg users way too picky” thread so cya in a few days :P

J Eberle.9312

I’ll prob get a temp ban for that “lfg users way too picky” thread so cya in a few days :P

Honestly worth. Your last comment where u just copy pasted what u were infracted for. That takes guts m8, I admire that.

oxtred.7658

Senpai noticed me!

I shall follow the Grandmaster Mind Brain moto.

J Eberle.9312

Senpai noticed me!

I shall follow the Grandmaster Mind Brain moto.

You have placed a smile on my face this night, I shall sleep with it and not a single nightmare about axe/axe warriors or GS mesmers will swipe it away.

dlonie.6547

Awww, I missed it

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Oh ox, im busy these days so it’s Miku’s burden to keep a track on the forums. >.>

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

Noooo, I missed it. I demand PP!!

Hexagonis [HeX]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Finally upgraded my graphics card from a R9 270X to a R9 280X. Tested it with modded Skyrim, greatly increased stability and significantly less stuttering.

Ok, so it’s not related to dungeons or even GW2 at all. Sue me.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Nikaido.3457

This must be a bad joke.. what the kitten.. anet? Refund me. Everything. kittens.

If nothing is done about this and you don’t refund me all I’ve put into this game I’ll see about a lawsuit considering I’ve never done anything like buying or selling gold.

Attachments:

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’ve been “permanently” banned for that twice already, too. It took me 3 weeks each to get an answer from them and not a single refund was given.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Nikaido.3457

By week two I will definitely be starting a lawsuit here. Although I’m not sure if it’ll lead to anything being in France and anet being in the US.

Iris Ng.9845

Holykitten! Did you farm someone too hard that they report u for selling gold en masse?

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

By week two I will definitely be starting a lawsuit here. Although I’m not sure if it’ll lead to anything being in France and anet being in the US.

It wouldn’t lead to anything anyway because they have all and any rights to ban you.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Iris Ng.9845

Yeah, it’s said in the ToS agreement. Let’s just hope that they resolve their stu-kitten quickly.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Why don’t they use that power on all the griefers and hackers?

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Because WTFast and Foxfire Clusters are a much bigger threat to their bottom line

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Nikaido.3457

Yeah, it’s said in the ToS agreement.

Just because it’s in the ToS doesn’t make it valid. I could make a ToS where I write that you have to agree to be my slave but that still wouldn’t be valid in any way.
If they took my money and didn’t give the service they owed it doesn’t matter what they put in their ToS, some countries have laws that protect the customer more than others. If they have anything that is operated in my country I wouldn’t be so pessimistic about the end results, France is not a country where you can take people’s money and act like you owe nothing.
Hell, the very concept of software EULA even in the US is quite often in debate, with some jurisdictions going against them, some supporting it :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-user_license_agreement
No one should just outright submit to the things written in license agreements. It doesn’t work that way.

The issue is resolved though, the ban is lifted. Being vocal helps, I think, because I seriously doubt anything would’ve been done that fast if it didn’t start to pop up on reddit and the like.

@Dub : if there is a third time for you (I hope it really won’t. Getting banned a second time would probably make me leave the game for good. Being banned twice and stuck with it for 3 weeks each time? Lord.) be vocal, spread PR disaster on reddit etc.
Anet reads reddit more than they read their support tickets and forums.
I’m not vocal just out of rage. I’m vocal because I firmly believe it does something. Corporations only move when they smell potential PR disasters.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Iris Ng.9845

“salty a-f”

huehuehuehuehue…. Welcome back. Within only 3 hours. Anet needs to step up their game in combating against “gold sellers”.

Huehuehuehue

J Eberle.9312

Wait what. Were you using a vpn? Is that their reason?

Edit: Ah just read your link. I’m using WTFast too

(edited by J Eberle.9312)