General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Aw, man, just had another newbies party in Arah. I bloody love when people are willing to listen and learn, it took around 40 minutes to complete p2 but it was totally worth it. Everyone was listening carefully of what they should do and were doing their best.

I really should become a better solo’er and learn dungeons in depth then I can apply as a mentor for NooB, teaching people is so fun.

Also, Ecori, thank you for the great videos on your Twitch channel, learned a thing or two about thief <3

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This video basically captures the essence of ArenaNet and the beauty of their creation that is known as Fractals of the Mist.

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/6439290

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Fight to survive !

Snow Crows [SC]

winterchillz.2564

rekt so hard

15 chars of FoTM having better execution than pugs

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Ok so, daily anti-zerker thread. It has potential
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvE-versatility-joke/

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I´ve said myself so many times that I shouldn´t waste time and energy on these threads anymore, but I just can´t do it =(

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

I’ve already given up on humanity and any chances of ever getting through to those blessed with ignorance and stupidity. I just wish I could be dumb and happy with the rest of them.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

The lasers in the Thaumanova fractal have been fixed. Hurray for undocumented changes

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

What about arc radius attacks?

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

CoF P1 has been broken from the latest patch it seems. Ferrah can’t start dialogue with the Slave Driver, instead is just pushed back…

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

omg the april fools day thing was amazing xD

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

omg the april fools day thing was amazing xD

Aye, actually made me smile, ok ok patch sucks bugs galore, but funny april fools so i’m ok

And the death music… my god.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Brace yourselves, change is comming :o

Attachments:

Purple Miku.7032

Good.

I hope that his Necrid Trap gets fixed too but meh it probably won’t

However as for his Lupine Blast (rapid fire in phase 3) attack… I feel like it’s now actually working properly for a change, as in the past it was highly inaccurate and weird to be like 300-400 range away from the circle and projectiles and still take damage. I think that should be left alone.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

gimmie some of that ragtime!

Attachments:

winterchillz.2564

Jeez, look at the General Discussions and the outrage about the April’s Fool Joke. Whoa, some people really should grow up.

Cloud of Sparrows

spoj.9672

It was the same for the bobble heads. Some people just cant take a joke for a day.

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Has this been posted here before?

Bai Arah story.
I have mixed feelings. I mean, no one really liked this thing or having to do it over and over again, many people hated to group up for the personal story, still it will be another path gone.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Personal-Story-Restoration-update/first#post4934641

Yes. With this release, we are changing a few things about the final Personal Story step “Victory or Death.” For starters, the instance has been modified to support 1–5 players so you will no longer need a full party to complete it. We have converted the story mode of “The Ruined City of Arah” dungeon to be a Personal Story step, so after this update goes live, you may only play it once as part of your Personal Story. We are also unlocking the explorable mode of this dungeon by default so access will no longer be gated by story mode completion.

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

spoj.9672

I dont really see why they cant find a middle ground. Make it scale to solo. But keep it as a repeatable story mode path. Not that is matters too much to me. There are some nice fights in that dungeon but they are hardly worth the effort to revisit.

Laulajatar.4253

Yeah, that would be nice. Ah, anet …
Now if we could just get something for once. Like uncontested CoE entrance or a new fractal. Oh, dreams.

Jeez, look at the General Discussions and the outrage about the April’s Fool Joke. Whoa, some people really should grow up.

I can see why some people would be upset about the joke. But I don’t dare to go in there and check the tone of the complaints, lol, or the answers. A short glimpse made me run again and hide here.
I just find it annoying as hell and I won’t be playing today if it isn’t gone later. This totally ruins my fashion.
Not that it matters.
Pillars of Eternity is out! \o/

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

But I don’t dare to go in there and check the tone of the complaints, lol, or the answers. A short glimpse made me run again and hide here.

Do you really want to be scared? Take a look at the german language general forums .

At least I learned a new word today: SJW. Never heard that one before …

Anyway, I haven’t had a chance to see things for myself yet (still at the office), but I’m sure my kids will love this April fool’s joke if I let them play later on (although the little one probably will complain about no SAB … she’s been waiting and patiently checking in with Moto in Rata Sum for a year and a half now sigh).

I don’t know yet if I’ll play beyond doing dailies … I’m really getting sucked into GW1 right now. Considering I only bought the game on a whim three weeks ago because I didn’t feel social and wanted a place to hide, I never expected the game to be that much fun. I just walked my ritualist from LA to Old Ascalon the other night ankitten ow exploring the early prophecies story, and there’s still my main storyline at Echovald Forest waiting for me, too .

Laulajatar.4253

Do you really want to be scared? Take a look at the german language general forums .

Nope. Won’t go there. Never.

I found a new reason to LOS again for the last Alpha in p3. The portal behind his spawn point is active, even when the path is not finished yet. The day before yesterday our warrior whirled out xD Yesterday our guard dodged out.

Bai! o/

This never happened when we were all happily stacking downstairs

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’m enjoying all these new threads from unrecognized accounts complaining about the dungeon bugs. It seems the new HoT-hype players are starting to get into dungeons.

Let’s have fun watching their spirits break.

Attachments:

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

But I don’t dare to go in there and check the tone of the complaints, lol, or the answers. A short glimpse made me run again and hide here.

Now I am curious but I don’t know which thread and posting you are referring to. And I honestly can’t get myself to filter through them.
So could you please elaborate a bit?

Because, sad as it may seem, I gave up reading german game forums about 6 weeks in when I started playing mmorpgs. Over a decade ago.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Now I am curious but I don’t know which thread and posting you are referring to. And I honestly can’t get myself to filter through them.
So could you please elaborate a bit?

Because, sad as it may seem, I gave up reading german game forums about 6 weeks in when I started playing mmorpgs. Over a decade ago.

I know what you mean about german game forums … I usually keep clear of them, too, but for some reason or other I ended up becoming guild officer in my casual (german language) guild a while back and now try to force myself at least once a week to peek in there and possibly post something, to try and maybe get a few people interested in our guild . The things you do for your friends …

To be honest, I couldn’t even tell you which thread it was (or if it’s still there). I browsed through there early this morning when I got to work (around 7 o’clock) and every April fool’s thread I checked seemed to be worse than the last. I haven’t been back since …

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

http://dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/20801055-trio-challenge-post-mortem-thread/page/1

Trio Tournament feedback thread, please participate if you have anything you want to add.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Purple Miku.7032

http://dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/20801055-trio-challenge-post-mortem-thread/page/1

Trio Tournament feedback thread, please participate if you have anything you want to add.

I don’t feel like making an account to post, but I can tell you as both a participant and spectator it was really really starting to get on my nerves how much emphasis was on hotw. I had to stop watching numerous times because it was just getting annoying seeing that like 50% of the tournament was on both hotw and AC p3…

Too many paths were repeated and there were some really good paths that I’d have loved to see teams face up against each other on that never were drawn, for example Arah P2. I don’t think I remember seeing TA fwd either but could be wrong on that.

Basically I don’t think your path picking strategy was ideal. I understand you were trying to avoid teams picking their best paths that they were confident they would win on, and I agree that at the very least this was better than that. However I think next time maybe there should be some system where you cannot have the same paths as the teams did before you, to avoid this. That’s just an idea.

Unfortunately so many teams dropped out but you don’t have control over that. The seeding kinda sucked, especially since Goku’s team pretty much got two free byes up until the semi-finals and didn’t really get a chance to play anyone until then. You didn’t have control over the results, but I think that should indicate to you that the teams who do get seeded probably need to be arbitrarily picked based off of a crowd favorite or something instead of just randomly like that to avoid what happened with that [gggg] team.

Other than those two things, I’m really looking forward to another trio tournament and possibly a duo one as well. More pls!

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

oh, did anet do another unfunny april fools?

I had to set my computer timer to april 2nd the last time they did that bull****, it’s the lamest **** going.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

But crusifications

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

About the CoF p1 bug; guardian with renewed focus can do it.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I was rather surprise by how easy Lupicus is on guardian, even after the change but I guess we have it easy.

Jerus.4350

I was rather surprise by how easy Lupicus is on guardian, even after the change but I guess we have it easy.

Reflects and duration blocks ftw, I mean Aegis used to be stripped by the ranged projectile anyways iirc

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

If only Witcher 3 would release this month instead of next. :/

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Silberfisch.3046

Forgeive me for asking again, but a little while ago it was explained why GS on ranger vs lupicus can be rather detrimental for group health.
If i remember correctly it had something to with the evades on the GS AA chain and bouncing projectiles or splash damage. (I think it was the former.)
Since I can’t find it anymore, would some please again explain what exactly the problem is?

spoj.9672

Well previously if you evaded when he auto attacked it would bounce the projectile and hit others in melee. Whereas if you didnt evade it would just miss. Now that the auto hits in melee anyway you cannot troll with ranger gs.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Forgeive me for asking again, but a little while ago it was explained why GS on ranger vs lupicus can be rather detrimental for group health.
If i remember correctly it had something to with the evades on the GS AA chain and bouncing projectiles or splash damage. (I think it was the former.)
Since I can’t find it anymore, would some please again explain what exactly the problem is?

Previous to the update when projectiles didn’t hit in melee range, anyone using an evade or a dodge would make the projectile hit on the evade spot, meaning it would hit all the other party members in melee range.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Silberfisch.3046

Thank you for the answers, much appreciated.

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Pillars of Eternity is good.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Any1 knows if they fixed p4? I saw some selling lfgs today.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Did P4 today, no problem. But it doesn’t bug all the time and I’m far too lazy to run grenth over and over to know why.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I was really excited when I saw I was getting a free Witcher 3 code when I bought my 980, got home, entered the code, only to see it wasn’t released yet I should have known better.

However Lupicus was nice enough to drop me another devona’s helm with strength rune, so I’m good.

(edited by Trice.4598)

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Did P4 today, no problem. But it doesn’t bug all the time and I’m far too lazy to run grenth over and over to know why.

Did p4 just now no bug either. Hard to say if it’s fixed though, didn’t know what was broken in the first place.

Edit: Coe p2 also no bug when I ran it.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Ressing this topic because I dropped the teaser for the DnT Tourny fails compilation :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4SpgEQRRM

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

spoj.9672

The beauty of that particular fail is that you can actually leap out of the hole. :>

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

The beauty of that particular fail is that you can actually leap out of the hole. :>

wait… what?

how?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Just wondering, does anyone still remember time when ambushes like the beginning of AC worked properly?

Jerus.4350

Just wondering, does anyone still remember time when ambushes like the beginning of AC worked properly?

As someone not here from the beginning, I’m very curious. Always thought troll should be required and should always pop up somewhere.

spoj.9672

wait… what?

how?

Stand on the high point and leap to the corner closest to the bridge. You can definitely do it with LH so i see no reason why you cant do it with guardian.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Pushes the thread up

Hey guys!

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Hi.