General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

That might be the case, but at the same time reddit is probably the most known site you’re posting on and it’s new, important information you released there. Not sure if you (guys) ever advertised gw2dungeons in a similar way etc.

Yes, but I have always put like 50-100 hours between releases. This scaling thing was just a few hours.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Y’all acting like you don’t know that HoT will be crap. Which part of “We don’t have dungeons team”, ‘challenging’ open world content, a hybrid between necro & mesmer class that’s so obviously WvW-oriented that you have to be kittened to believe it has any chance in PvE, and more and more crap gear and builds, didn’t you understand?

Drop your expectations before you’re disappointed.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Thanks Wethospu, now i’ll be able to direct to your post every single people saying that dead doesn’t upscale events after 20 seconds based on … nothing.

You just made my day. By the way, did you checked my post about Mai Trinn Stealth for you ?

Wethospu.6437

Yes, I did. Thanks for that. I just haven’t uploaded the updated file yet.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Awww, infraction? But that really was a nice kittenin’ kitty :-(

Posted by: ForeverAway.5948

ForeverAway.5948

y wud u trol

thats soooooooo unmature

dlonie.6547

I think they’re onto you Eco.

dlonie.6547

Bah.

Time to repost that thread and just say “Clerics gear” instead of “Clerics guardian”.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

ill just copy paste what i wrote everytime i see a new zerker thread :-P

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Keep fighting the good fight brother.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Keep fighting the good fight brother.

For the kitty!!!

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

I did not realize that there is a mistlock instability called Antielitism. We have found the source of the PHIW’s power, now we must find how to destroy it…

Posted by: garcialak.9215

garcialak.9215

I have a “wierd” request for one of the EU speedclears guilds. I’m in a pretty small PvX guild so most of the time I end up pugging or running with my guild in a casual manner. I’ve proposed to do a meta tour and got some people interested in my guild, but my actual experience is limited in running with an organized meta party (i do enjoy watching record runs and stream tours).
My request is if someone would be interested in taking me to one of their tours to teach me so I can teach my guild. I’m an average player so I expect to get scolded but I promise I will be a good student.

I generally use guardian, ele or warrior. I would be able to join on teamspeak but don’t know if i would be able to talk.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

at what level is the first whiteside server dungeon?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I have a “wierd” request for one of the EU speedclears guilds. I’m in a pretty small PvX guild so most of the time I end up pugging or running with my guild in a casual manner. I’ve proposed to do a meta tour and got some people interested in my guild, but my actual experience is limited in running with an organized meta party (i do enjoy watching record runs and stream tours).
My request is if someone would be interested in taking me to one of their tours to teach me so I can teach my guild. I’m an average player so I expect to get scolded but I promise I will be a good student.

I generally use guardian, ele or warrior. I would be able to join on teamspeak but don’t know if i would be able to talk.

Bare in mind actual tours are usually a little more casual/flexible than what you see in records. And different people do things slightly different. Its more about going as fast as possible without pushing too far into the boundary that would cause you to maybe wipe for attempting a risky strategy. And some compromises are made to get extra champ bags. For example killing TA forward bonus vine + guard and SE p3 double champs before endboss.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

the first dungeon is level 10, which also acts as a very great tutorial for key basic mechanics in the game. after that level 20 is the next one

Posted by: garcialak.9215

garcialak.9215

Bare in mind actual tours are usually a little more casual/flexible than what you see in records. And different people do things slightly different. Its more about going as fast as possible without pushing too far into the boundary that would cause you to maybe wipe for attempting a risky strategy. And some compromises are made to get extra champ bags. For example killing TA forward bonus vine + guard and SE p3 double champs before endboss.

That is more or less what i’m looking for. I don’t what to push for record runs, just get people in my guild interested in improving our tours/general strats. Maybe if I get enough attention push for a record or getting close to it just for the trill, but that is a long term goal.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Someone gives him Sam’s details. It is a win win situation. Sam can have a new thing to do for his variety show cough twitch cough.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Pffftt—-

dlonie.6547

Re whiteside: I read something about nesting attacks and manipulating the global cooldown to get more control over attack sequence, but the resources I’ve found are vague and don’t explain things very well.

Can any of you whiteside vets link a good explanation of this, or want to explain it to a nub?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

;)

dlonie.6547

the first dungeon is level 10, which also acts as a very great tutorial for key basic mechanics in the game. after that level 20 is the next one

There’s also an ‘adventure’ at 15 and two `shiphands` at like 8 & 13 (or something, not exactly sure on those).

The shiphands are soloable or playable by a group of upto 5, and are pretty simple. No really complex mechanics since they’re soloable, just a good instanced bit of fun. The first is sorta long, while the second is super short, so they seem quite variable.

The adventure felt like a more free-form dungeon sort of experience. They instance off part of the open world, and the group votes on different objectives to complete. Some additional objectives are RNG. I think there were a total of 5 major encounters.

And I can’t sing the praises of protostar academy enough. Such a well done tutorial, I wish GW2 had something like that instead of our “NPE”.

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I am scared…
I might be not particular honest to this particular person and he says he understands me.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Get-Rid-of-Stacking/first#post5133702

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Urgh, I really need to stop reading through threads like that. My head hurts from banging it against the wall so many times now.

Jerus.4350

I have an important question.

What are some good movies I may not have seen?

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Frozen.

Seriously, Edge of Tomorrow was pretty good.
Or Kung Fury.

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Dw most people don’t read stuff that doesn’t have 50+ upvotes xD

OooOOohhh shiny new bl skins

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Quickfoot Katana.8642

It’s on the frontpage. Trust me it will be read xD

Wethospu.6437

Assistance needed. Mainly because

I will likely simply downvote your reply and not read it…

I would like to return the favor.

But if you think I’m wrong somewhere I don’t mind hearing that either.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

There is a reason why I never bother replying more than max 2 times on reddit comments. Some people just insist on spouting their bullkitten until they get their way.

SlyDevil.3952

I got cancer, you’re on your own weth, I’ll see you in the hospital.
Just going to keep editting as I gain additional forms of cancer.

On his first post, the approximate time to res a dead player with 5 alive is 13secs, not 4. When I lead top lane the dps for around 25 players usually sits at 70k average, with higher burst when all the eles drop icebow on the flower. If we assume that players are managing the very easy mechanics, they only die during the lower dps times. Therefore we can say the average dps per player is 2800(why is this so low with 25 might and fury, weird builds). Health drop for 2 players was 4.5mil -> 4.29, 105k per player. The dead player is contributing 105k hp, and you are losing 16.8k, for 13secs, 218.4k dmg lost.

Since he seems to like to use these weird extreme examples, lets say my zerker ele goes down who is contributing above 8k, and these 5 dudes are in nomads. So I contribute 105k hp, we lose my ~8k, plus there probably 5k post buff(together), for 13k during 13secs, still 169k lost for 105k extra dmg required.
These assume my vuln is negligible, but at a best case scenario for ressing, you shouldn’t touch the dead.

His mini rant about cc is mediocre at best. WvW cc as always been a major player, if a group decided not to use it, that doesn’t mean it was useless, just the players are borderline moronic. CC is being updated, so he’s discussing as is bosses, not post-update as a focus, since you know, he’s definitely trying to be constructive.

Many of the forms of support are dependent on failure to react appropriately, so, on a good player, yes they are useless, on bad ones, they work great.

The thinking critically was actually a good point, but not well carried through.

He could simplify a lot of what he said, making it easier to compare the math and not get lost in the semantics as well as increasing readability.

If he wants to calculate the dps gain by stopping to revive a player, he needs to calculate the total dmg required per second and compare it to the dmg loss while reviving(once the player is alive your dps would return to its previous average). And compare the dmg loss during revive and dmg gain after, to the reduced amount of dps required. The calcs also don’t take into account the reduced boss armour at lower numbers of players as well as the reduced occurance of non-weakness glancing blows.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

Wethospu.6437

I didn’t even go that far yet with him. I have only tried to point that higher DPS doesn’t necessarily mean faster kill if the boss health changes.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Wethospu have you even had the patience to read the entire wall of texts that guy throws at you? Jeez…

By the way, I’ve had arguements with that guy already. He won’t STOP. He will always try to be the last one responding, even if the arguement is long solved. He feels like if he is the last response in the conversation that will give him reason. Perhaps you should let him, he clearly has some issues and he seems pretty enraged.

Wethospu.6437

I do most that stuff at work when the code compiles.

Jerus.4350

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/compiling.png

had to be posted.

dlonie.6547

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/compiling.png

had to be posted.

I actually have that shirt, and it’s exactly why I post on here so much xD

Yay for working on a project that decides to build all of its dependencies from scratch in a superbuild instead of just finding and using system libraries like a normal project! Who doesn’t love spending 2 hours building libjpeg, ncurses, etc, not to mention a complete python environment from scratch, just to test out a simple change?

Oh well. More time for PvF

Posted by: frifoxy.6014

frifoxy.6014

My code compiles at runtime…

Mesmer Calc: Power DPS | Condi DPS
Mesmer Data: Attack Rates & Coefficients
Other Stuff: Youtube

dlonie.6547

My code compiles at runtime…

Sounds like you need to add a couple hours worth of automated unit tests that need to be run after making changes.

You know. For coverage and stuff.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

So i was literally one “table flip” choice away from the witcher 3 good ending. I was so mad when I found out. Now I have to replay the game.

Witcher 3 where staying calm leads to a bad ending.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

They actually listened to condi complaints.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/combat-changes-dotsanddashes/

Snow Crows [SC]

dlonie.6547

lol

[Screenshot of conditions stacking high on a creature nameplate]

SlyDevil.3952

I really enjoyed the writing style, REALLY enjoyed. We have a post with humour in it, this is a miracle.

dlonie.6547

Yeah, the proofreading goof relating to the screenshot aside, the tone was great and the changes are welcome long overdue needed. Looks like some actual balance changes are happening.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

ANet is ruining mountaingoating. No more swiftness leaps or superspeed rocket boots. Urgh.

dlonie.6547

ANet is ruining mountaingoating. No more swiftness leaps or superspeed rocket boots. Urgh.

Attachments:

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

I hope everybody will enjoy travelling as fast as walking with the new mobility skills!

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

This hits almost as hard as the suggested swiftness nerf some time ago.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Quickfoot Katana.8642

MOVEMENT:

• “Let’s take a second and look at movement skills, which are skills that move your character between positions or toward your target, such as Savage Leap or Leap of Faith. Right now, these are affected by movement-speed decreases or increases.
    In order to make these skills more reliable in combat and prevent unintended behavior, we’ve normalized them so that movement-speed increases or decreases do not impact the distance traveled by your character.”

This change is stupid in everyway I think about it. On one side: it removes counterplay of crippling/chilling to prevent someone from escape using mobility skills! On the other hand: useless mobility skills with switfness, RIP.

CONFUSION

• “To make this damaging condition more reliable, we’ve changed what it does, splitting it into two effects. It will retain the damage on attack, but at a lesser amount than its previous version. That damage has been added back in the form of a damage-over-time effect.”

Aaaaaand this game keeps getting more brainless each time! They make it deal a constant dot, reducing counterplay of not attacking, since now you’l always take a DoT and the trigger damage was reduced!

They keep making theses changes so that player don’t have to even use 1 brain cell when playing the game. I’m getting tired of this

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The condition changes are good. Dont really see how the confusion change is brainless.

The movement stuff sucks though.