General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dante.1523

Dante.1523

I mean that is what they are trying to do with the wyvern fight, right? And maybe, just maybe something similar will be introduced to the “challenging group content” as well.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Totally agree Miku, as with most issues with individual skills, it’s not so much that they’re a terrible idea, it’s that the content we have combined with these skills is just a bit silly.

And I totally agree Taku, I just know most have always been annoyed by even a second being added on to a kill time, but that’s probably because things are quite boring. If we had a Lupi that used all of his attacks throughout the fight, couldn’t be blown up, and enough health such that even solid damage groups were taking 1.5-2.5 mins… I don’t think we’d be complaining.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Has any1 ever started a mass guilt trip on Anet to get them to release dungeons? For example start a mass petition to donate 10$ to a charity of Anet’s choice if they implement a new dungeon.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Has any1 ever started a mass guilt trip on Anet to get them to release dungeons? For example start a mass petition to donate 10$ to a charity of Anet’s choice if they implement a new dungeon.

My god I actually love this idea.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Regarding Facerollcontent: I think a bigger problem than deepfreeze is guardian’s aegis. It is way too powerful like it is now. It should either have the duration drastically reduced, so that you actually have to time it well instead of just spamming it randomly. Or the damage mitigated by Aegis should scale with toughness or healing power. This way you have to sacrifice a significant amount of dps if your group wants to rely on the safety of aegis.

Awesome

Posted by: Flea Exercise.5098

Flea Exercise.5098

A flurry of ideas. Dunno, they might be ridiculous: I’m sick and have fever.

1. Make a special stat which affects the way your iframes work. Basically, when you invest no points in that stat, your dodges are, like, only half (or any number here) effective. You would get hit by 50% of damage, you would get stunned for 1.5 seconds instead of 3 and so on. Of course, rebalance numbers across the board.
But if you invested in that stat, you would get full invulnerability.
2. For Kitten’s sake, remove that stat combination galore and make all gear customizable. Say, you need 2 blood, 1 venom and 1 of something else to craft a piece with ‘berserker’ stats. Or you could mix everything up and get supernomad’s of ultimate phiwness.
3. Make other stats more meaningful. Add an armor penetration stat. Make stat templates or w/e to force people to switch all that kitten mid-run: e.g. there’s a boss with a ton of armor and that shouldn’t mean classes with weak conditions automatically kitten a kitten there. Just put your arpen gear on and be able to contribute.
4. Design encounters in such a way that they offer you a choice: you could invest into that dodge stat and evade that scary room-wide kitten or you could learn the encounter and sidestep kitten without hampering your DPS.
5. Make a boss which is invulnerable to damage when not moving.
6. Give a kitten about the game…

[ZDs]

(edited by Flea Exercise.5098)

Jerus.4350

kitten the idea of having blocks/dodges mitigate rather than avoid. That’s not this game.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Where do I sign?

1. Make a special stat which affects the way your iframes work. Basically, when you invest no points in that stat, your dodges are, like, only half (or any number here) effective. You would get hit by 50% of damage, you would get stunned for 1.5 seconds instead of 3 and so on. Of course, rebalance numbers across the board.
But if you invested in that stat, you would get full invulnerability.

Meh. Not sure what problem that’s trying to solve. Is this a suggestion that just breaks up the zerk meta for the sake of breaking the zerk meta? I’d rather see the content challenge us to pack survival, and be released frequently enough that we don’t spend years memorizing the same tired encounters.

Or you could mix everything up and get supernomad’s of ultimate phiwness.

ArenaNet prefers the term “Celestial”

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

wat

not even tera does that and that’s a trinity game

what makes you think that would even be a good idea?

3. Make other stats more meaningful. Add an armor penetration stat. Make stat templates or w/e to force people to switch all that kitten mid-run: e.g. there’s a boss with a ton of armor and that shouldn’t mean classes with weak conditions automatically kitten a kitten there. Just put your arpen gear on and be able to contribute.

so make certain content exclusive to other classes and force people to change their gear and waste more inventory slots because … reasons? do you think having to use a different stat prefix suddenly makes your game more interesting? if i was having trouble with a fight and switched from berserker to knight do you think that suddenly makes the fight more interesting because it has a different prefix that has no relevance in game?

4. Design encounters in such a way that they offer you a choice: you could invest into that dodge stat and evade that scary room-wide kitten or you could learn the encounter and sidestep kitten without hampering your DPS.

i literally don’t even see the point in presenting that option

if you don’t know a fight you should be punished by dying and you then learn to sidestep the damage.

5. Make a boss which is invulnerable to damage when not moving.

probably the worst idea of all of them

and this is why I’m grateful people like you have no power over this game, these ideas are absolutely terrible.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/DPS-is-broken-and-we-are-tired-of-it/first#content

I see some of you all already found it, but its been a couple of weeks since we had a good this game is broken because of DPS. Although granted this one is on the mobs side and not ours its still kinda funny to read.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

deSade.9437

It’s my connection. It’s definitely my connection. Been rubberbanding around the map at circa 2-6k ping since the patch, it’s totally my kittening connection.

http://imgur.com/a/zf48X

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It’s my connection. It’s definitely my connection. Been rubberbanding around the map at circa 2-6k ping since the patch, it’s totally my kittening connection.

Oh, a rare landshark. What a beautiful sight.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Cute af ranger as usual.

Also dat shark!

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

so this just dropped for me. first skin in months that is not a stupid speargun

Attachments:

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Jerus.4350

If you had to do SW with 10-15 total I’d be ok with that. The bosses with low people are pretty fun. 10 people you’d be doing each breach boss with 2-3, each VW with 3-4. (though the timesink of defending…)

deSade.9437

Cute af ranger as usual.

Also dat shark!

:3 Rahwr.

Unnnngh. What a snorefest… the marionette champions at least weren’t an afk fight.
Mid vw has like the hp of my pet and gets smashed by reflects; troll is kittened and does nothing; teragriff is simply annoying because it keeps rushing and it’s harder to dps…
If THAT and the wyvern (bahahaha-erm) are what they consider challenge…

JOOOOOOSH WHERE’S MY SAB YOU kitten kittens

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I just had the worst discussion about zerker meta.
Not only was it the normal “zerker needs nerf, zerker is braindead and def sets are more skillful”, they also had messed up ideas like “if you go full def set, you should get a 5x damage boost”.

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I’d like to offer a rebuttal for a lot of the rumors surrounding the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon complaints that have been flying about lately. The claims being thrown out right now in summary are that, “AC is completely impossible now! Every baby graveling can stack 30 bleed and they’re wiping full parties in seconds!” A friend and I just performed an expedition to investigate the validity of these claims, and two-manned the dungeon up until the “graveling room” with Hodgins in path one. At which point we partied up fully with three other lucky people to carry on the last half of the path.

First off, the baby gravelings stack 3 bleed per hit, and not 30. Secondly, during that entire trip the MOST bleed stacks I saw on my person at one time was 34, which cleansed INSTANTLY upon popping “Shake it off!” This was in a circumstance in which I was mass mobbed, and I note, that I had to physically cease kiting to allow it to happen.

The only odd instances I noted at all actually were the fact that the rangers inside the dungeon were still throwing their traps, but that’s an unrelated issue entirely. I also note that the little gravelings at the final boss fight in path one still maintained their “knock down and lock down” ability, but again that’s nothing new. As they’ve always done this.

My verdict is that this whole debacle about AC being “impossibru!” is a myth, and a thoroughly debunked one at that. To narrow down the perpetrators of it, I’d be willing to bet the 1 gold I got from completing that dungeon path that the majority of this forum QQ is being generated by the zerker-only crowd. Folks who complain that they can’t just stand (or stack) there and blow everything away with massive DPS due to the greater condition emphasis ingame since this last patch. Which frankly in my opinion is a step in the right direction, and not the contrary. I hate stacking in dungeons, it saps every ounce of fun and challenge out of the fight.

Again, I stress that I brought along only two condi cleanses as a warrior, one utility and one traited, and fared just fine.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

deSade.9437

Erm, ok.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

deSade, let’s do AC tomorrow..

toxic since 2012

deSade.9437

Soooo many things I’d do to—with you… ow w8 I’m too drunk I said I was going to bed! No, you’re not coming with me. Sleeping with my cat. But sure why not, woulkdn’t mind sleeping with gravelings.. I think. I can shake it off.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Soooo many things I’d do to—with you… ow w8 I’m too drunk I said I was going to bed! No, you’re not coming with me. Sleeping with my cat. But sure why not, woulkdn’t mind sleeping with gravelings.. I think. I can shake it off.

Uuuhm, i will think about it! /blush
I take war to shake it off..

toxic since 2012

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Dun do eet!

Cause according to Reddit baby gravelings will cut you so bad, you’ll wish they no cut you so bad, and then die of blood loss!

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Talyn.3295

Just ran all three paths of AC the other night. Just me a guildie and some pugs. I didn’t notice it being any harder then it used to be. Boss still goes down way to quickly at the end.

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

If you have Netflix, go watch Knights of Sidonia :p

Promo: https://youtu.be/bs6aA1wgzrg

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

That CGI anime? I dropped it after the first episode because the bad CGI annoyed me too much. That and im not a fan of mecha animes.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

That CGI anime? I dropped it after the first episode because the bad CGI annoyed me too much. That and im not a fan of mecha animes.

I’m impressed that out of all the things, the CGI was what struck you the most :o

spoj.9672

Well there was other things but i can usually overlook those issues if it looks good. Unfortunately that wasnt the case. I usually give them a few episodes before i judge. But the visuals were so bad i didnt even want to do that.

IrisTheCasual.3742

The story is very compelling. I had no problems with the CGI and it does improve tremendously at season 2. But seriously, you need to stick through at least episode 4 for the plot to kick in.

I’m all ready to re-watch both seasons again :>

Edit: For those without Netflix

Edit 2: Realize why I never see the problems with the CGI. The animation actually did a good job to maintain the aesthetics of the original manga from which it was based. It’s a bit of acquired taste.

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

>streaming Chinese cartoons

IrisTheCasual.3742

>streaming Chinese cartoons

Stop flaming !!! Uchikudake !!!

spoj.9672

I might one day give it another try. Got too many to watch at the moment though. :P

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Iris… Baka-chan!

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Reddit gold for you fellas:

Now if you’re playing to the Berserker meta and just trying to blast through content as fast as you can, then sure, the comment makes sense. But in my experience, if you’re not running meta builds trying to be zomgthebest, then you’ll need coordination or “teamwork” to get through many dungeons

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3c3fgm/a_friend_of_mine_says_he_isnt_enjoying_guild_wars/css2jr8

Filthy zerkers don’t need coordination nor teamwork!! MY PHYW build DOES.

spoj.9672

I avoided that thread because literally every post about PvE is saying “theres no teamwork in dungeons because all you do is stack.”

People claiming to know about dungeons. When they literally know nothing.

Talyn.3295

I avoided that thread because literally every post about PvE is saying “theres no teamwork in dungeons because all you do is stack.”

People claiming to know about dungeons. When they literally know nothing.

Isn’t that pretty much the case with every anti zerker thread ever?

spoj.9672

Yeah except its taking the lack of knowledge to a whole new level. When people are claiming they know what they are talking about while at the same time saying teamwork like combos/cc/etc are only used in pvp and wvw. Its more infuriating than usual.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3c3tbj/lets_welcome_all_the_wow_refugees_with_love/csryu0h

This thread is going places, PHYWs sharing stories of how effective their PHYW build are!

Talyn.3295

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3c3tbj/lets_welcome_all_the_wow_refugees_with_love/csryu0h

This thread is going places, PHYWs sharing stories of how effective their PHYW build are!

As long as they stay in their own groups I am ok with them talking about how great their healing powers are

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Most of you probably saw this video already, but its too good ahha

Talyn.3295

Anybody else remember the Imperial Sanctum mission from the original Guild Wars?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Imperial_Sanctum

I was helping a friend through it and had forgotten some of the mechanics that Shiro had, such as the banish and summon abilities. Would be kinda cool to see something like this added to gw2, but I am not gonna hold my breath.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

TIL dps is exploit https://youtu.be/MasCQeoyn10

deSade.9437

I was helping a friend through it and had forgotten some of the mechanics that Shiro had, such as the banish and summon abilities. Would be kinda cool to see something like this added to gw2, but I am not gonna hold my breath.

Too confusing for new players. And I really mean it. The skill level of gw2 players is so low I doubt they could handle a single HM mission in gw1.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Has anyone ever made a video about mob pathing in dungeons? Would be a great resource for what seems to be the 95% of the population that has no idea about it. I’d be willing to make said video if nobody else wanted to do it.

Said video would explain the mechanics behind pathing, and show every spot in each dungeon path where you need to path the mobs.

(edited by Stompy.1387)

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I don’t think you need to go that specific Stompy!

Just a generic aproach to Pathing. Showcasing it happening the Arah Oozes and Bandit’s CM should be fine to get the grasp of the mechanic!

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

WoodenPotatoes basicly did the hard job for you already, lazy devs:

I can’t understand why is Gw1 after all those years still superior, in many aspects, to Gw2. A trip to Urgoz Warren or the Deep was an event everybody prepared for with excitement. Not to mentioned 20 min of consumable gathering, build adjusting and overall thrill because could actually fail (and when I say fail I really mean FAIL and reset the dung not just teleport back to the checkpoint lol4).

73 pages of valuable feedback + YouTube films and still nothing done to improve one of the most important aspects of MMO games.

deSade.9437

I think that’s the problem, they wanna distance themselves from the old MMO raid formula and cater to casuals and blablabla and instances aren’t gonna happen anymore okthxbai.
I’m tired of these thoughts going in circle… they’re not gonna address dungeon, get over it. They didn’t even bother MARKING THE kittenING DUNGEON MERCHANT ON LA’S MAP, for Papa Emeritus’ sake.
Seriously.
…seriously?

Jerus.4350

I think that’s the problem, they wanna distance themselves from the old MMO raid formula and cater to casuals and blablabla and instances aren’t gonna happen anymore okthxbai.
I’m tired of these thoughts going in circle… they’re not gonna address dungeon, get over it. They didn’t even bother MARKING THE kittenING DUNGEON MERCHANT ON LA’S MAP, for Papa Emeritus’ sake.
Seriously.
…seriously?

Aye, can’t say I have much hope for anything when they don’t even give any type of comment on what this “challenging group content” will be before they ask for pre-order sales. To me that’s just saying that they either would negatively affect sales or that they just don’t think it’s a focus for people looking to purchase and thus not worth their time.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

In terms of Warrior, what’s the difference between using Strength Runes or Scholar? In terms of DPS now.