General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I’m Hroude. Worship me.

Legit.

I finally got the fractal sword! like, 2 secs ago.

Still doubt about my magical powers?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Gotta love Anet and their Q&A. Fixed grenadier according to the patch notes but forgot to reactivate the trait ingame. >_>

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Dont blame QA. They prolly wrote “Dont forget to reactivate it” in blood its the people who actually did it who didnt do it.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Dont blame QA. They prolly wrote “Dont forget to reactivate it in blood” its the people who actually did it who didnt do it.

… All I can say is “you’re right” here Don >.<

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

fractal shortbow skin for me just now from a 40, and got ascended armor box from a 50. and all I want is the torch skin ;_;

Attachments:

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Lupi’s bubble is fixed. (Yay!)

Jerus.4350

And, his auto?

IrisTheCasual.3742

And, his auto?

No. (Yay!)

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

And, his auto?

No. (Yay!)

wut

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I wonder if ArenaNet knows this.

implying they’d even care, lol

watches dungeons rot

But seriously, they probably just fixed some general targeting bug that had the side effect of fixing the bubble. I wonder if he’ll start aiming his shadowsteps less drunkenly now too…

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

I never played much upon release but after seeing some of Robert Hrouda’s posts make me really sad, this game had so much potential and still does but for some reason there is a higher power at work preventing any good decisions from being made. I don’t think i’ll ever buy another b2p game, it just feels like a f2p game with a little more fluff and from what I’ve seen the b2p model can not keep up consistant meaningful content updates, its kinda sad.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/More-meaningful-smarter-enemies/first#post5259487

Kinda makes me want to hunt up that post on AI and stuff that I think Nike made here a while back. But I can’t be bothered. Not that wouldn’t like some harder content I just don’t know if making the AI “player” smart is the way to do it.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

deSade.9437

Just think about how much you like fighting gravelings in AC: cc and evade spammers. Is it fun? In short, that’s the focus. Making pve monsters more “pvp” implies them using such evade/kiting/extreme mobility skills and it isn’t fun.
What could make things more fun: group synergy amongst mobs (hunter/illusionist/mage/devastator in awah), a lil more hp, a lil more skills, usual bullkitten they’ve been saying all over this forum for years now. I’d add more empowered versions of players’ skills as a bonus.

Anyway, does this

I am just wondering if the revenants made will be instant level 80s or will we have to level them up. I can see a point in letting them level to test any problems with that, but that will make WvW or any high end PvE content unplayable unless we use consumables to level them. I’d rather not do that as I am saving the consumables for when HoT goes live.

They are instant level 80, fully geared, with an inventory full of other gear options you can swap in and play with.

mean no more celestial gear with dolyak runes? Thank Baphomet.

Not that I got invited to this beta, but eh. Maybe I’ll join the next ones.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The fact Celestial + Dolyak was even used suggests Anet’s trolling or Anet has no idea what’s going on anymore

IrisTheCasual.3742

I actually have the feeling that they know what they’re doing, they just don’t know what the general players are capable of.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I actually have the feeling that they know what they’re doing, they just don’t know what the general players are capable of.

Let me remind you of that FOTM Thaumanova P/P thief with scorpion wire dying at the first mob group when they tried to showcase the new fractal

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

But surely they’ve learned how to play in 1.5 years since then, right???? RIGHT?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

But surely they’ve learned how to play in 1.5 years since then, right???? RIGHT?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Yes. As celestial dolyaks.

IrisTheCasual.3742

If you think a dev has to play meta and speed clear everything in a demo, then u need to showcase it with a QA team, not the person who designs a map. Speaking of meta, I believe Hugh and Grouch are good players.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Im not even talking about meta or speed clear Iris…. But that the build should ATLEAST make some sense…. P/P with scorpion wire doesnt.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

There’s a wooden flying carpet with a tent on it just outside the fractal portal. Is that new?

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

Are you sure about this? Soloed him just now and his bubble seemed to be in its usual inaccurate state.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

His bubble is not fixed. It’s just that it only bugs on players, and if you move backwards or forwards while he’s casting it it will hit you. Kinda like how moving while he does shadowstep is what causes him to teleport to Narnia.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Doing in group several times. He doesn’t miss it.

Minigrump.4961

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-The-dodge-system

I don’t think they are even trying to understand this game anymore.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Could always be a new player that hasn’t really understood what’s going on.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

deSade.9437

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-The-dodge-system

I don’t think they are even trying to understand this game anymore.

Gah, thanks for making me choke on my breakfast. Jackkitty.

I’m always going to play with a longbow, and my alt weapon is an axe/warhorn.
I am unwilling to switch weapons because I hate melee. Hence why I picked a RANGEr to begin with

GAHHHHHHHHHHH. I’m gonna stop reading now. kitten this.
All hail the kitten KING! Elessar!!!!

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Well I did a full Arah run tonight after the patch and his bubbles were still going behind me like they have been for the past few months.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Well I did a full Arah run tonight after the patch and his bubbles were still going behind me like they have been for the past few months.

Did a duo last night bubble never even came close to hitting me, doubt anything has changed.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Quickfoot Katana.8642

dungeon vendor icon fixed with the newest patch

Attachments:

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

dungeon vendor icon fixed with the newest patch

You turned off NPC names, right? …right?

Minigrump.4961

so who here will be trying out the revenant in PvE this weekend?

Jerus.4350

So… got my first vote kick yesterday, yup first ever!

Fractal 50 advertising for a D/P Thief. Join asking if Engi is ok, if not I’ll swap the gear to my thief. See the votes starting and leave.

Thought it was pretty funny, had to send the initiator a tell laughing, he comes back explaining why they wanted thief. Laughed again and told him the point was I offered to change…

Anyways, made me laugh, my cherry is popped

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

So… got my first vote kick yesterday, yup first ever!

Fractal 50 advertising for a D/P Thief. Join asking if Engi is ok, if not I’ll swap the gear to my thief. See the votes starting and leave.

Thought it was pretty funny, had to send the initiator a tell laughing, he comes back explaining why they wanted thief. Laughed again and told him the point was I offered to change…

Anyways, made me laugh, my cherry is popped

I really wish that all those LFG tryhards would form a guild together.

So they can all be wanna be tryhard elitests together.

Taku.6352

Trying out revenant really makes me wonder if anet has any clue on how their game actually works. Unless Shiro stance and trait line brings something amazing revenant will be worse than necro for pve.

deSade.9437

Trying out revenant really makes me wonder if anet has any clue on how their game actually works. Unless Shiro stance and trait line brings something amazing revenant will be worse than necro for pve.

“Worse than necro” doesn’t begin to cover it. I’m utterly shocked at how bad the revenant is. Even its support ain’t good, and we got only that to try out (I refuse to count mallyx). The traits are..
I just gotta keep telling myself it’s still in alpha stage

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

At least the revenant doesnt need to be handheld due to lack of active defence. :>

Taku.6352

It needs to be hand held so it might accidentally kill something some day.

deSade.9437

It can kill… you. Out of boredom. Or because you aggro an entire room with staff 5 while you try to skip. Or because you’re as slow as a glacier…
The staff animations, LOL. Looks like you’re a drunk bell ringer… hitting for 1k5 in full zerk. Not bad.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“Worse than necro” doesn’t begin to cover it. I’m utterly shocked at how bad the revenant is. Even its support ain’t good, and we got only that to try out (I refuse to count mallyx). The traits are..

That… That is possible? I mean in some way I’m happy that necro wouldn’t be the lowest tier in PvE anymore, but that’s not the way I wanted it to be.

deSade.9437

That… That is possible? I mean in some way I’m happy that necro wouldn’t be the lowest tier in PvE anymore, but that’s not the way I wanted it to be.

Well, let’s put it this way: Shiro better be a freaking awesomely, game-breakingly, orgasmingly op son of a kitten to even get close.
The condi damage is awful compared to rangers, warrs, engis and necros, not sure about the others; the support is abysmal, with lots of focus on pointless heals and little to no proactive defense; its very own personal defense is TERRIBLE, with huge casting time, clunky animations and 1 stunbreak on a gm minor trait.

Just done some dungeons and JESUS CHRIST it’s worse than engi. My hands are aching. I had to kittening SPAM utilities like a kitten. kittening ventari. I wanna hang myself.
Ok, definitely not playing this when it’s released, Shiro or not.

I’m taking back the thing on personal defense because staff 3 is amazing. It’s a 2s block and it can work wonders.
Still, VENTARI IS SO SPAMMY.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, let’s put it this way: Shiro better be a freaking awesomely, game-breakingly, orgasmingly op son of a kitten to even get close.
The condi damage is awful compared to rangers, warrs, engis and necros, not sure about the others; the support is abysmal, with lots of focus on pointless heals and little to no proactive defense; its very own personal defense is TERRIBLE, with huge casting time, clunky animations and 1 stunbreak on a gm minor trait.

Just done some dungeons and JESUS CHRIST it’s worse than engi. My hands are aching. I had to kittening SPAM utilities like a kitten. kittening ventari. I wanna hang myself.
Ok, definitely not playing this when it’s released, Shiro or not.

I’m taking back the thing on personal defense because staff 3 is amazing. It’s a 2s block and it can work wonders.
Still, VENTARI IS SO SPAMMY.

I can’t say I didn’t expect Revenant to be bad, but that’s… far worse than I thought, at least you make it sound like it is (until now, since apparently the skillset wasn’t complete yet?) Still doesn’t sound too bright though.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Told you guys the freaking utility skills are so kitten useless its not even funny.

And the fact they are locked over your current Legends makes it probably one of the less customizable classes in GW2

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

IrisTheCasual.3742

Staff 3 even blocks the knock down attack of harpies, it’s funny. Most of the utilities have such a high cast time that it’s annoying to play.

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

Sounds like Shiro to me

Minigrump.4961

weird. can only see the fractal map icon on revenant.

Attachments:

Taku.6352

Well revenant is from the mists so one would expect it to know where it came from. :P

deSade.9437

Lul, we found a use for the revvie

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

I played revenant for 5mins yesterday and have to say that it was extremely boring.
I can’t seem to find something i like about the class..

toxic since 2012