TheRandomGuy.7246

Pic of Bugs Bunny. Because why not.

Attachments:

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

OS = One Shot?

Thats all I can guess. How is an ele going to do that? Aura share the p2 blast lolz?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Once when we finished fractals we had a sixth check in the window where everybody has to press ready, but it was just a check and no name behind it.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Once when we finished fractals we had a sixth check in the window where everybody has to press ready, but it was just a check and no name behind it.

Yep, that’s because player is invisible.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

OS = One Shot?

Thats all I can guess. How is an ele going to do that? Aura share the p2 blast lolz?

Goat/Hack onto the wall and Earth Aura

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Kinda funny how active the dungeon forms have been since the FoTM update.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

OS = One Shot?

Goat/Hack onto the wall and Earth Aura

If pugs are making that their expectation these days they have seriously stepped up their game.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Miku Lawrence.6329

Do you guys think the game checks for underwater weapons and exotic aquabreather on fractal rolling? All I get is Aquatic >.>

Sweet jesus, second fractal bugged on Rox and Braham not activating the geysers… or not? Yay !

Snow Crows [SC]

(edited by Miku Lawrence.6329)

Talyn.3295

Decided to Duo SE Story the other night. Been ages since I wandered through that place. I don’t know. I mean yeah, sure anet isn’t likely to change anything about dungeons. But I had the same feeling after re-doing CoE story.

There are some interesting fights and mechanics in some of the story dungeons. Yet most people avoid them cause the rewards suck. Why didn’t story modes get the same treatment as the explorable paths?

/sigh

Rant over.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

lol, ninja exploit scrub. No XP for me

Looks like you fine folks have to endure my presence a tad longer.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Golden fractal sword spotted

http://i.imgur.com/7RKXTnT.jpg

Meh?

Talyn.3295

Golden fractal sword spotted

http://i.imgur.com/7RKXTnT.jpg

Meh?

Meh, never liked gold as a color

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Will look good with mini golden pig and chinese costume <3

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Haha, nice.

Best part is how you point out the cost of Fiery Salsa every time you refer to it xD

I take that back. Best part is how clueless some of the comments are. <3 reddit.

Wethospu.6437

It not working kind of ruined everything :/

Shame it gets downvoted when the whole thing goes over people’s heads.

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

lol

you seem to have a talent for writing things that go over peoples heads

Talyn.3295

Why is a “Gear Treadmill” such a difficult concept for people to grasp?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Curious why you ask? Because I have to say all the alternate progression just feels like the same thing coming back. Sure I’m not replacing gear, but I still have these barriers of entry that are annoying.

Talyn.3295

Curious why you ask? Because I have to say all the alternate progression just feels like the same thing coming back. Sure I’m not replacing gear, but I still have these barriers of entry that are annoying.

I won’t deny the barriers. But to me a barrier is a barrier. A gear treadmill is a gear treadmill. It’s like calling an apple and orange, sure they are both fruit and taste good, but they are not quite the same thing.

Jerus.4350

I won’t deny the barriers. But to me a barrier is a barrier. A gear treadmill is a gear treadmill. It’s like calling an apple and orange, sure they are both fruit and taste good, but they are not quite the same thing.

True, but both part of the same fruit salad that you must take as your first coarse before you get to the meat

It’s not the same, I’m not going to be destroying a bunch of gear, but I’m still forced to jump through a bunch of hoops in the idea that it’ll prolong the content.

Just pretty disappointed to see the return of that type of thing. (though to be fair fractals have had it for a while, and there’s the whole leveling in general, but still sad).

Talyn.3295

It’s sad. And I find it annoying and questionable some of the decisions made towards gear and how its gotten. Particularly Time gating.

I am not one to white knight Anet. I have my fair share of complaints about lazy game design and can point to several bad decisions that have been made by them.

There were however several good things that came about through decisions they made. Stepping away from the gear treadmill was one, and the idea of someone “stealing” a kill or your loot is another.

I guess its the military in me. But when I see something I just want it to be called as it is.

Edit: That way we know who or what to blame

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Miku Lawrence.6329

Its beta taimmmm !! Too bad I didn’t preorder.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I’m raising funds to cheer spojski up by buying him a bowl of fiery salsa. He’s heartbroken after trying out the reaper – he won’t even say u wot m8 and drink tea anymore.
Send me your copper offers if you want to partecipate.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

So uuh… Revenant is decent fun in fractals now. Dps seems pretty mediocre and mostly just autoattacking but Jalis and Ventari are surprisingly useful even though they are support oriented.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Shiro/Ventari is super cool for solos. If skills weren’t so wonky (and buggy) lupi would be easier than with guard. S/s staff op
The damage is really kitten, though. Even slower than my ranger solos, and those were sloooow.
… and compared to a chrono in dungeons/faptals… naaaah. BUT I do want to make a stacking team eventually: ranger, warr, rev, guard and some ele. Just to see all dem pretty icons.

aaaand necromanagestobestilltheworstbuhuhuhuh

(edited by deSade.9437)

Talyn.3295

I really tried to like Rev. I just…can’t. It’s so…not sure what word I am looking for. But it feels very weak in the DPS department. I might just need to give it more time. But I don’t see it ever being one of my main classes.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Chronomancer makes Mai Trin a joke. I had a chance to solo her in fotm level 9 when my group wiped. It’s one of the two most pressure-free solo I’ve ever had – the other being Alphard back when untraited warden was still able to block her lightning orbs.

Talyn.3295

I had fun with Chronomancer in the Silverwaste, didn’t like the Dragonhunter traits all that much. And the Reaper was really slow. Out of all the specializations so far the Chronomancer is my fav.

Miku Lawrence.6329

For Revenant try Shiro + Impossible odds + Auto. It wasn’t so bad imo.

Snow Crows [SC]

Jerus.4350

For Revenant try Shiro + Impossible odds + Auto. It wasn’t so bad imo.

Pretty short lived though, it drains fast (unless I’m missing something?)

Miku Lawrence.6329

I swap to Jalis when shiro is out of mana and pop his upkeep hammers, then swap back to Shiro when Jalis is drained etc… Not using any utility besides these two and auto/Shiro heal/Axe 4.

Snow Crows [SC]

Taku.6352

Shiro/Mallyx is my go to for pure dps. Shiro ofc for Impossible odds but Mallyx for +10% to all stats from the elite and +3% from the Bolstered Anquish trait in Corruption.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

I do like reaper for some reason, looks decent and was fun to play.
Don’t hate me now plox!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

I think I hate you

Talyn.3295

I do like reaper for some reason, looks decent and was fun to play.
Don’t hate me now plox!

You are hear by banished from the Dungeon forums, and are sentenced to wander the lands of general discussion for the rest of your days. (Or at least 24 minutes)

Attachments:

Taku.6352

If reaper cast times were lower it could be decent. The idea is cool and it looks cool as hell but needs some polish to be worth it over existing trait lines.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The reaper has major numbers problems. Damage and chill uptime is pathetic. Cast times and cooldowns ruin a lot of other stuff as well.

Jerus.4350

Yup Yup. Now I haven’t actually timed it but the auto on reaper shroud looks like an upgrade… I think(faster but lower damage)? But, deaths charge is a pathetic ability, all the GS attacks could have their animations cut in half and it’d not be OP. (forgive me for forgetting names) The 4 skill I was disappointed with it not even having an initial tick of damage so just 3 ticks.

Reaper Auto, Reaper 3 stability, GS3 and GS4 are the only abilities that seem nice, and even those aren’t anything awesome. The aiming of GS5 and Reaper2 are pretty annoying.

Tried to bring it into a fractal 50 and I was pretty sad and ended up swapping early (intended to on last boss, I lasted till half way through 2nd map) Simply doesn’t seem worth the QoL losses from the standard necro with it’s range option and blood magic neatness.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Seems like I’m gonna skip on Reaper this weekend. It’s not motivating enough for me to play

Jerus.4350

Seems like I’m gonna skip on Reaper this weekend. It’s not motivating enough for me to play

The reaper scythe looks pretty cool though that’s a plus.

Wethospu.6437

Would anyone be interested of recording a roleplay video of each dungeon path? It should include all cutscenes, dialogue and key parts of the dungeon.

spoj.9672

The one thing i did discover was that reaper makes the heat room in thaumanova ridiculously easy on scale 50.

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

I’d join for the all cutscenes runs

Edit: as long as I dont have to record

Jerus.4350

The one thing i did discover was that reaper makes the heat room in thaumanova ridiculously easy on scale 50.

Ohh? Charge through it? or are there more tricks? ( don’t know the normal necro tricks, teach me senpai!)

Jerus.4350

Would anyone be interested of recording a roleplay video of each dungeon path? It should include all cutscenes, dialogue and key parts of the dungeon.

Do I have to RP walk?

But, yueah if anyone decides to do it on NA feel free to hit me up if you need people.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I wouldn’t mind going either; afraid I can’t record with decent settings right now though, FPS drops way too low since they made the FoV changes.

spoj.9672

Ohh? Charge through it? or are there more tricks? ( don’t know the normal necro tricks, teach me senpai!)

Pretty much. Basically just flesh wurm then dodge spam > RS and spam charge. You shouldnt need to heal (cast mine with agony so i got nothing xD). I didnt even take Shroud skill cooldowns trait and didnt have full lifeforce and still made it no problem.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Are we describing things, or just running through silently killing things and doing the required events?

Jerus.4350

Just had one of the best dungeon experiences I’ve had in a while. Joined a “looking for mesmer” Arah3, had to ask when I got in(portals/stealth was their reason), turned out they were new, so ended up being a teaching run. Most cooperative and well mannered, good people I’ve run with in a while(outside my normal group of friends ). Smile on my face the whole time, no frustration, if every teaching run was like that I’d actually want to do it all the time. if they happen to read this, was a pleasure and nice to meet you all. If only everyone had that kind of attitude, god it was nice, so glad I joined.