I’m squishin’ up my baby bumble bee
Won’t my Mommy be so proud of me
I’m squishin’ up my baby bumble bee -
EW!! What a mess!!

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Btw, are you guys aware that whenever forums bug out you can manually reduce one from the page number in the url and everything works?

Would anyone be interested of recording a roleplay video of each dungeon path? It should include all cutscenes, dialogue and key parts of the dungeon.

Are we describing things, or just running through silently killing things and doing the required events?

For example Arah p3.

• Move to NPCs
  • Go through all available dialogue (either zoom the text or make the text by yourself so it shows better).
  • Select path (have dialogue volume high so everything can be heard easily, also write the text on screen). Talk to NPCs if they have any dialogue.
  • Fast forward to Crusher.
  • Show the roleplay of Wraithlord. Display text like “Defeat Wraithlord’s Crusher”.
  • Fast forward the kill.
  • Show any after roleplay / dialogue.
  • Fast forward to Mage.
  • Show the roleplay.
  • Fast forward the kill.
  • Show any after roleplay / dialogue.
  • And so on…

I think with the dialogue, etc. it wouldn’t be required to explain anything.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

this video demonstrates why I hate playing ele while living in australia

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

rip Australian lag/ping

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

It seems that map rewards bonus will also apply to dungeons, from a datamined source. The new map reward bonus works similarly to the pvp reward track; every events/ JP/world boss events contribute to 100 points on that track, and you get a bonus crafting material for every 200 points. IF this system applies to the dungeon maps, it would mean that doing bonus event (or even killing trash mobs) will progress your reward track and give you an extra something. Although this is a mere speculation on how the track functions in dungeons, it’s a welcoming addition.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

q_q They took away me revenant.

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

I live in the UK and I get the same thing, I have a really good connection but this game has always been really laggy to me. I asked a few people about it and they said it was packet loss, so I got a VPN and it helped alleviate the lag but it’s still noticeable whenever I use a movement skill.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I get that with my ele too. But i wonder why these kinds of laggy teleports only happen on specific skills, for example i get that bug on burning retreat on ele but not on the thief skills that do the same kind of movement. I also get those weird teleports on ranger shortbow #3 and thief shortbow #3.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’m raising funds to cheer spojski up by buying him a bowl of fiery salsa. He’s heartbroken after trying out the reaper – he won’t even say u wot m8 and drink tea anymore.
Send me your copper offers if you want to partecipate.

I was about to ask how good/bad Reaper is… Doesn’t sound too great and the other comments don’t make it sound good either.
Is it really that lacking, once again?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’m raising funds to cheer spojski up by buying him a bowl of fiery salsa. He’s heartbroken after trying out the reaper – he won’t even say u wot m8 and drink tea anymore.
Send me your copper offers if you want to partecipate.

I was about to ask how good/bad Reaper is… Doesn’t sound too great and the other comments don’t make it sound good either.
Is it really that lacking, once again?

Yes unfortunately, it needs love.

Posted by: Rayons.3076

Rayons.3076

I live in the caribbean and I get this pretty bad sometimes. It gets worst when you’re attempting records. Example: https://youtu.be/4bR3dagJaUs?t=92

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I want my revenant back. I can’t stop staring at her longingly… so pretty in character selection, so unreachable. Alas, why you hurt me so.
I want to make up my mind about crafting up another warr, this time norn. Cus norn have big boo—great fashion.
I want the wedding attire. NOW.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I want my revenant back. I can’t stop staring at her longingly… so pretty in character selection, so unreachable. Alas, why you hurt me so.
I want to make up my mind about crafting up another warr, this time norn. Cus norn have big boo—great fashion.
I want the wedding attire. NOW.

This is what comes about from making “Rev Only Ping Nude picks on join” groups.

I hope you are happy Anet. You have broken this poor soul!!

I hope your happy ;(

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

deSade.9437

It was a sad, sad day.

/catches tear with laced handkerchief

I will get through this. I and Chauncey, we will make it together!
..just plzgimmehotquick before I go insane!

Dang, too late

She’s worth it, tho.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

It was a sad, sad day.

Dang, too late

She’s worth it, tho.

Make that Warrior! Your Rev will live on through her!

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

deSade.9437

It was a sad, sad day.

Dang, too late

She’s worth it, tho.

You’re very inspiring
I could also make another necro instead of a warr, but we’ll see.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

It was a sad, sad day.

Dang, too late

She’s worth it, tho.

You’re very inspiring
I could also make another necro instead of a warr, but we’ll see.

((shrug))

I have 5

0.o

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’m getting really desperate at this point and I’m gonna just post my thread here, in hopes that maybe somebody here would have a suggestion for me.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Internet-related-advice-I-m-out-of-ideas/first

I just can’t stand it anymore. Tell me, have any of you guys had problems similar to this before and if you did, did you contact your ISP about and actually have them do something about it before? Every single person at Time Warner insists that there is nothing they can do about it.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I’m on NA and my EU ping is usually around 200ms, very much playable. But for you here’s a suggestion. Amazon’s services have amazing connectivity between their own services. You can try to take advantage of that.

Make an account on AWS, fire up an EC2 box nearest to you. Test connectivity. If there is no packet loss, this might actually work. Create a 2nd AWS account and fire up a similar box somewhere on EU’s datacenters. Then, using OpenVPN, route all your traffic to the NA box, then to EU box, and then to GW2 servers.

This might take quite some time and effort to set up but I believe it will help you. A private VPN directly to EU. Best of all, it’s free for 1 year…

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Zelendel

Purple Miku.7032

I’m on NA and my EU ping is usually around 200ms, very much playable. But for you here’s a suggestion. Amazon’s services have amazing connectivity between their own services. You can try to take advantage of that.

Make an account on AWS, fire up an EC2 box nearest to you. Test connectivity. If there is no packet loss, this might actually work. Create a 2nd AWS account and fire up a similar box somewhere on EU’s datacenters. Then, using OpenVPN, route all your traffic to the NA box, then to EU box, and then to GW2 servers.

This might take quite some time and effort to set up but I believe it will help you. A private VPN directly to EU. Best of all, it’s free for 1 year…

Yes 200 ms is definitely playable, I normally average around 180. Anything that’s higher than what you’re used to will feel like garbage. I actually used to average between 250-350 for over a year on EU but it was when I updated my equipment that I started to average a bit lower.

Anyways, thank you! Going to look into this tomorrow. Hope you don’t mind but if I want more specific information about this I’ll probably send you a pm on the forums, as setting this up is currently out of the scope of my knowledge.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

If changing servers is out of the question, flip the problem on its head and move to EU.

Unless you’re some sort of casual scrub that won’t uproot their life to get better ping.

dlonie.6547

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3gp8bn/challenging_group_content_will_be_announced_at/

It sounds like the demo wasn’t ready in time for Gamescom, but we will hear something at PAX on 8/29.

We’ll finally get a chance to see what they consider ‘challenging’. I personally can’t wait to see their version of raids, which I fully expect to be open world, zergable, and on a static timer.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

So I afk’d the Ooze at the start of Arah 1 while waiting for lfg to fill. He didn’t split at 25% and actually died at 0%. Nothing bugged but still, odd behavior that never happened before. Could it be something that got changed in yesterday’s patch?

IrisTheCasual.3742

Was that because you glitch him immobile then his AI broke because he couldn’t identify targets and just go “meh, bleh, I give up”?

deSade.9437

Glint hype… not.
Lol, silly me, I thought it was something about energy management, since atm energy is the most punishing and rigid system in gw2, not more upkeep kitten with energy burning that makes you.. guess what? autoattack more. Sorely needed by the revenant.
And MORE support… in the form of healing. Throw your shield and heal for 1k on a 2000s cd! Yeeee! Amazing!

WHAT THE kitten ARE THEY DOING GUYS. WHAT THE kitten. I DON’T UNDERSTAND. SOMEONE EXPLAIN.

Taku.6352

Catering to #eSportsMLGDorito crowd.

deSade.9437

:(
Ok.

Couldn’t they just reintroduce the monk and call it a day?

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I live in the UK and I get the same thing, I have a really good connection but this game has always been really laggy to me. I asked a few people about it and they said it was packet loss, so I got a VPN and it helped alleviate the lag but it’s still noticeable whenever I use a movement skill.

The GCHQ probably needs too long to analyze your data. :P

Wethospu.6437

Almost soloed AC story Cave Troll on level 33 necromancer with kittenty gear without dodges or health loss. Then I totally messed up when Troll had like 0.1% health (dodged instead of DS). He died and I couldn’t even retry.

https://youtu.be/UHtYoMzdZBM

Could any experienced necromancer comment whether this would be a worthy solo or if I’m doing something horribly wrong? I would rather not to fight the RNG just to embarrass myself.

If you wonder why I didn’t use minions that’s because they bug him. So you can (almost) afk kill him.

https://youtu.be/U6hcYLG_wwM

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

IrisTheCasual.3742

Almost soloed AC story Cave Troll on level 33 necromancer with kittenty gear without dodges or health loss. Then I totally messed up when Troll had like 0.1% health (dodged instead of DS). He died and I couldn’t even retry.

Could any experienced necromancer comment whether this would be a worthy solo or if I’m doing something horribly wrong? I would rather not to fight the RNG just to embarrass myself.

If you wonder why I didn’t use minions that’s because they bug him. So you can (almost) afk kill him.

I say, Nah! It’s too boring to watch :<

Taku.6352

Welp! Revenant got some good love after the first BWE. And Glint line actually has a decent dmg modifier in it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Changes-Based-on-BWE-Feedback/first#post5382354

IrisTheCasual.3742

Things I like:

• 3-target Daze
  • Blast finisher on a Staff
  • More evades when traveling through the Mist
  • Increase a lot of damage on Sword
  • Phase Traversal will work more like JI → better mobility
  • More damage modifier!!!
  • More crit chance
    Revenant looks pretty bad kitten now ;o

deSade.9437

we made Unrelenting Assault evade for its duration. It was too punishing to be locked into a skill where you had no control over your character.

I don’t even have the energy to cry…
/lays on the ground

Posted by: lksaar.8065

lksaar.8065

Might be easier to use a socks5 tunnel using ssh and proxifier (you have to pay after 30 days/idk if there is an opensource alternative). That’s what I did and it worked like a charm.

dlonie.6547

we made Unrelenting Assault evade for its duration. It was too punishing to be locked into a skill where you had no control over your character.

/lays on the ground

Condolences. Here’s a new one for your sig.

Wethospu.6437

I say, Nah! It’s too boring to watch :<

Hmm, from my perspective it’s about same as that Spider Queen solo with warrior. Getting hit on Death Shroud makes it lame?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I personally feel this games combat is more entertaining to watch when you are fluidly avoiding attacks. So absorbing damage in death shroud doesnt lend to that. Also i hate being forced to do that while playing necro. Especially as it doesnt work so well on lvl 80 stuff because they usually have additional effects on the attacks like conditions or CC or so much damage that you lose most of your lifeforce in one hit.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

fluidly avoiding attacks
necro

Pick one

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

I’m getting really desperate at this point and I’m gonna just post my thread here, in hopes that maybe somebody here would have a suggestion for me.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Internet-related-advice-I-m-out-of-ideas/first

I just can’t stand it anymore. Tell me, have any of you guys had problems similar to this before and if you did, did you contact your ISP about and actually have them do something about it before? Every single person at Time Warner insists that there is nothing they can do about it.

I had same problems, but DCs due to packet loss, so it was worse. You have probably tried this, but just in case: do you have GW2 ports forwarded? They’re 80, 443 and 6112 TDP/UDP. There’s also a command line designed for specifically such problems, with which you can bypass rerouting and connect directly. I can’t get the exact info because I’m not home this weekend and am restricted to a cell phone.

Have you tried contacting support? They have some software you have to install (plotter something), which enables them to see how you’re being rerouted. They will also have the command line info.

Also, if you haven’t tried yet, try running the game on modem only (without router).

Edit:found it, add -clientport 80 or -clientport 443 after start line in gw2 launch file shortcut

(edited by fracture.9754)

deSade.9437

/lays on the ground

Condolences. Here’s a new one for your sig.

And not a hint of lube anywhere… /sigh
Why’s the image cut?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

/lays on the ground

“We think it’s too punishing to have to think before using skills, therefore we change the skill so that you can blindly spam it. Hooray.”

Purple Miku.7032

I had same problems, but DCs due to packet loss, so it was worse. You have probably tried this, but just in case: do you have GW2 ports forwarded? They’re 80, 443 and 6112 TDP/UDP. There’s also a command line designed for specifically such problems, with which you can bypass rerouting and connect directly. I can’t get the exact info because I’m not home this weekend and am restricted to a cell phone.

Have you tried contacting support? They have some software you have to install (plotter something), which enables them to see how you’re being rerouted. They will also have the command line info.

Also, if you haven’t tried yet, try running the game on modem only (without router).

Edit:found it, add -clientport 80 or -clientport 443 after start line in gw2 launch file shortcut

I’ve tried adding the clientport switch numerous times over the past 2 years, no noticeable difference. Additionally I haven’t recently contacted anet support but that’s because when my friend was having routing issues the exact same kind as mine they told him there was nothing they could do and that he had to get it sorted with his ISP. The last time I tried contacting anet was months ago so that’s something I suppose I could try.

As for pingplotter you can see in the thread that I posted that I provide a link showing one of the many screenshots of my pingplotter results, so yeah already have that.

The sad part is the only time in which my lag is tolerable enough to actively play atm is at night when everybody is sleeping. Then for some reason this level 3 communication doesn’t give me 70-100% packet loss

Wethospu.6437

I personally feel this games combat is more entertaining to watch when you are fluidly avoiding attacks. So absorbing damage in death shroud doesnt lend to that. Also i hate being forced to do that while playing necro. Especially as it doesnt work so well on lvl 80 stuff because they usually have additional effects on the attacks like conditions or CC or so much damage that you lose most of your lifeforce in one hit.

Here https://youtu.be/K4U4bUt-xlE is a version without getting hit. Some mistakes and weird stuff but does the concept seem ok?

IrisTheCasual.3742

Here https://youtu.be/K4U4bUt-xlE is a version without getting hit. Some mistakes and weird stuff but does the concept seem ok?

This is much more like you! Much much better and more entertaining. At 1:36, how did you avoid the damage??? :O I love how you flash DS for stunbreak but why no Terror for peeling defiance? Perhaps it’s too slow a projectile for LoS?

Post edit: Any plan to reddit it?

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

Wethospu.6437

The engine/server can’t handle those corner cases very well. I guess because of latency. So sometimes his ranged attack comes through wall, and well, sometimes stuff like that happens.

Anyways I kind of gave up after that 1:36 so didn’t want to bother using Doom. Lots of skills are tricky to use since they require line of sight.

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

I’ve tried adding the clientport switch numerous times over the past 2 years, no noticeable difference. Additionally I haven’t recently contacted anet support but that’s because when my friend was having routing issues the exact same kind as mine they told him there was nothing they could do and that he had to get it sorted with his ISP. The last time I tried contacting anet was months ago so that’s something I suppose I could try.

As for pingplotter you can see in the thread that I posted that I provide a link showing one of the many screenshots of my pingplotter results, so yeah already have that.

The sad part is the only time in which my lag is tolerable enough to actively play atm is at night when everybody is sleeping. Then for some reason this level 3 communication doesn’t give me 70-100% packet loss

Yeh, nothing out of those “solutions” helped me either. What did help me, however, was removing the router (modem internet only). After that I had no problems whatsoever. The thing is, due to how my modem works, that meant only 1 device on the internet, no WLAN – ISP restrictions.

Have you tried with the usual; firewall disabling, run as administrator etc.?

After this I’m out of ideas. Good luck.

IrisTheCasual.3742

The engine/server can’t handle those corner cases very well. I guess because of latency. So sometimes his ranged attack comes through wall, and well, sometimes stuff like that happens.

Anyways I kind of gave up after that 1:36 so didn’t want to bother using Doom. Lots of skills are tricky to use since they require line of sight.

Is it me or you can (actually) jump over the troll’s shock wave after he makes the jump?

Anyhow, wanna do a Mai Trin solo real soon? No damage taken challenge

Wethospu.6437

Ye, you can jump over it. I will probably do fractal solos after expansion so I don’t have to deal with RNG.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

dlonie.6547

Anyone else ever see this: Every story path I do gives me 13s, and every explorable path is giving me 26s (or something like that). It’s like I’m stuck on permanently maxed out DR, though it’s the first time I’ve run these paths in a week or two at least.

Infraction tax, maybe? :P

I like it better than the first one. It’s about as exciting to watch as any solo that’s more or less kiting around a pillar, but the extra challenges you added (at level, no dodge, no damage) make it much more interesting. That, and I can’t even imagine the amount of solo AC farming you’ve been doing to get the troll RNG to play nice :P

One suggestion for the video, at the beginning where you list the conditions of the fight, add that it’s at level.